New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1472

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #1291
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Been working on clearing TVHM on my commando, I'm at level 50 and just finished up Where Angels Fear to Tread. Got a big old pile of sidequests sitting around for when everything scales to my level, though I'm unclear on if I should snag them right away or wait until level 61 to snag the assorted rewards. I've been taking the cash/eridium/customization/green item sidequests because it doesn't particularly matter if those get upscaled.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

My hard drive elected for permanent, early retirement, so I just got a replacement in yesterday. As soon as I figure out how to install Windows, I'll be able to play Borderlands 2 again. So ... Neftren, coming to a theatre near you!

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

I still have it, but I've never been all that interested in playing it solo.

Of course, if anyone here is still playing on xbox I'd be more than happy to join in if you see me online and send me an invite.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Well. This thread died quickly.

No more interest in Borderlands? Has everyone achieved their goals and dreams already?
    Nope... just been busy with work, and rebuilding a car.. and trying to get back into D&D.

Who know being a grown up was so rough..
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Nope... just been busy with work, and rebuilding a car.. and trying to get back into D&D.

Who know being a grown up was so rough..
    I lost interest in the game and went over to other games. Dead Space 3, Planetside 2, League of Legends, etc. Oh, and I went through Tsukihime. That was pretty good.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Been working on clearing TVHM on my commando, I'm at level 50 and just finished up Where Angels Fear to Tread. Got a big old pile of sidequests sitting around for when everything scales to my level, though I'm unclear on if I should snag them right away or wait until level 61 to snag the assorted rewards.
    Loot and Quests cap at level 50 in TVHM. The only way to get lvl 51+ quest rewards is to do the quests during UVHM.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm sat at level 50 in TVHM, currently doing Captain Scarlett. Running through all the DLC, rather than just Torgue and Tina (which, by the way, were AWESOME).
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    I'm sat at level 50 in TVHM, currently doing Captain Scarlett. Running through all the DLC, rather than just Torgue and Tina (which, by the way, were AWESOME).
    I... Dislike the other DLC. Torgue I feel is hilarious, but lacking in variety. It feels like a boring, brown world full of clever jokes. Despite that, it's still a boring, brown world. The main game was vibrant and full of color! Scarlett was the same way, and Hammerlock was the biggest offender, in that a lot of areas there cranked up the gamma in the environments, making everything feel a lot more artificial and uninteresting.

Tina, on the other hand, was amazing.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Bugbear in the Playground

I hit the level cap and stopped caring. I don't see the point in grinding for gear you can't use to do anything meaningful with.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Seatbelt View Post
    I don't see the point in grinding for gear
    I stop at that point, personally. Any sort of grinding is just not fun, and I wish they wouldn't keep putting it in games.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I stop at that point, personally. Any sort of grinding is just not fun, and I wish they wouldn't keep putting it in games.
    I mean its whatever. I can see why you'd want to grind a boss. I'll occasionally swing by whatever boss on the way to whatever quest I'm doing. Or start the game and head to some dude's whatsit to see if he drops the thing. But I got to level 61 with only some level of pain. I didn't need the best loot to hit the cap. I certainly don't need to finish the campaign on UVM if ?I can't keep leveling. I've beaten it twice and I've put almost a week of real time in to playing this one character. He's fun, but he's not so much fun that I need to keep playing him for another 10 hours.

But on the flip side I can understand why people would want to redo the same boss over and over so they can get a sweet gun to do something sweet with it. But you don't need that sweet gun to beat Borderlands.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

I stopped playing World of Warcraft because there was so MUCH grinding in it. A month and a half in, and that game bored me to tears.

While with Borderlands, even if I am grinding for a weapon that a specific boss drops, I don't feel like I am grinding, because it is only a few attempts (max 6 in my experience) before the boss drops what I am looking for, and then I am on my merry way gleefully putting over-sized holes in heads with my new toy.

There are some tedious parts to the game (Bloodshot Stronghold and Frostburn Canyon come to mind) so I can't say the game is all fun and no grind, but I find those two locations to be the exception to the rule.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

I can't go into Frostburn Canyon without getting lost. Or rather, I can find the way out, but damned if I can find the path I'm looking for.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I can't go into Frostburn Canyon without getting lost. Or rather, I can find the way out, but damned if I can find the path I'm looking for.
    I hate Frostburn Canyon with a passion that burns like a thousand suns. Even after all the times I've been there, I still can't find my way around the _*()#&%^_*()&@ place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I hate Frostburn Canyon with a passion that burns like a thousand suns. Even after all the times I've been there, I still can't find my way around the _*()#&%^_*()&@ place.
    I managed to memorize it and find my way through there because I spent my first play-through getting lost for close to 5 real world hours (it really sucks to save and quit during "Hunting the Firehawk after getting the first 3 or so Bloodshot Signs, and then trying to find your way to the 4th or 5th with almost no map to help, or better, a lying map because of all the tunnels.

If anyone ever needs help in Frostburn Canyon, I will be your guide.*

*Off valid only to Xbox Live subscribers.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

A Guide to Frostburn Canyon, for those who want to get to the Firehawk:

Follow the right-hand wall from the entrance.

Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

I never had any problems finding my way around Frostburn Canyon, but then again I check the map extremely often whenever I'm in a new area.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    A Guide to Frostburn Canyon, for those who want to get to the Firehawk:

Follow the right-hand wall from the entrance.

Done.
    This. My second try I realized you have to go into that cave to get to both the highest and lowest points on the map. Pretty much all the side missions are there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This. My second try I realized you have to go into that cave to get to both the highest and lowest points on the map. Pretty much all the side missions are there as well.
    I think Killing Scorch is the quest exception. And some of the challenges are exceptions to this as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1310

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Well. This thread died quickly.

No more interest in Borderlands? Has everyone achieved their goals and dreams already?
    I've moved on to Firefall and other games. There's no need to grind for gear since I can basically drop whatever into my backpack and even make my own. Even the Shift Keys are pointless now. I did a couple of builds with every skill maxed out for kicks and that was it. (It's a credit to Gearbox though that the game can still be challenging in UVHM even when you have every skill maxed out and level 61 guns.)

Though I must say... Salvador is an absolute beast. Nothing like Dual Rocket Launchers during FFYL to make you feel invincible.

I might get back into it for that new DLC though. Bunkers and Badasses, is that it?
    Last edited by Psyren; 2013-08-28 at 03:20 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

I've moved on to Firefall and other games. There's no need to grind for gear since I can basically drop whatever into my backpack and even make my own. Even the Shift Keys are pointless now. I did a couple of builds with every skill maxed out for kicks and that was it. (It's a credit to Gearbox though that the game can still be challenging in UVHM even when you have every skill maxed out and level 61 guns.)

Though I must say... Salvador is an absolute beast. Nothing like Dual Rocket Launchers during FFYL to make you feel invincible.

I might get back into it for that new DLC though. Bunkers and Badasses, is that it?
    That one is definitely a DLC worth getting, the best one by far. It's a good challenge and the story's pretty awesome. Although once I got to level 61, me and my legendaries started blowing everything away just like the other two modes (which I actually thought was VERY refreshing)

R.I.P Zz'dtri. You'll always be the best the LG ever had in my opinion. 'Tis a shame you weren't defeated by V in an epic battle of wizards.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Halfling in the Playground

So, anyone else excited for the new borderlands short that's coming later this week? The last one was fun, but it needed more Axton

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

The previous short, Meat Bicycle Built for Two actually made me like Krieg. Granted, I've only barely scratched the surface with him (only level 10) but I am starting to like the character now.

The new short was a little underwhelming. I'd like to see a short with Gaige now.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I wasn't as much of a fan of this one as I was with Kreig's video. That one made felt extremely well-done, like a little movie in an itself.

This one felt... like a cutscene? Ish?

26. - Top - End - #1316

So Tina's insanity is contagious? (And makes her a good DM apparently?)

It's nice that they're acknowledging the story events though (Jack and Roland's deaths.) And apparently at least Salvadore surviving the train ride is canon.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It's nice that they're acknowledging the story events though (Jack and Roland's deaths.) And apparently at least Salvadore surviving the train ride is canon.
    Brick was drugged up at the time, which may have made Tina's Magic Feathering more effective.

And Insanity is a key component to good DMing I find.

Also, I think it's Canon that all the Vault hunters survived the train ride (Including Krieg and Gage), just like it's canon that all four Vault Hunters from BL1 got off the bus.

Also, my dream for BL3
    Spoiler
    Show

So BL2 showed a bunch of vaults on other planets. BL3 is the Vault Hunters/Crimson Raiders trying to get their hands on those vaults before anybody evil does.

BL3 shuffles the players between three planets, each one with it's own Vault and it's own conflict. Each one would presumably have a different environment or somthing as well.

The first planet is Pandora. When Handsome Jack died, a whole mess of Hyperion troops and equipment were left behind. Jack's crusade had already caused Bandits to start gathering in larger numbers, now the bandits are resurgent.

The Crimson Raiders on Pandora are soldiers: Former Crimson Lance and Hyperion for the most part, led by Axton, Mordecai, and Zer0.They fight alongside the Players against the Bandit hordes.

The second planet is largely urban. A Vault has opened up there, and the Tediore corporation is trying to take control of it. Legions of smiling troops and robots are marching against the Crimson Raiders. On this planet, the Raiders are Bandits, The Slabs plus others, led by Salvador, Brick, and Kreig.

The third planet is a jungle. A hyperion mad scientist escaped with a bunch of iridium and animals from Pandora. He cloned some Pandora beasties and mutated local animals and is using them as a personal army. Here, the Crimson Raider forces consist of an endless wave of Robots designed by the combined minds of Gaige, Tiny Tina, and MISTER TORGUE FLEXINGTON (Former CEO of the Torgue corporation, they fired him).

Maya and Lilith are off searching for information about the Vaults/Serving as reinforcements wherever needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

An excellent DM. I'm probably the only person in the world who actually dislikes Tina, but she was absolutely perfect for that DLC. IMO, she was an even better "host" than Torgue was
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

29. - Top - End - #1319

I... don't dislike her, per se, but I find her manner of speech extremely grating. She's a great and surprisingly complex character, I just want to bludgeon her with a rusty pipe wrench whenever she opens her mouth. I began muting the volume while doing her missions after awhile.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that the most recent patch has added Weapon Zoom on the card, I realized that my current sniper rifle has ridiculous zoom (like, 8.5x zoom or something.)

Also, Ammo and Storage caps have been increased, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.