New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

• No longer allowed to put off buying explosives when going on missions for the Humane Society.
    • Not allowed to argue physics with the eldritch abomination that is knawing on the Street Sam's butt.
    • No longer allowed to shoot the hostage.
    • No longer allowed to use the roof of a wooden cabin to break the Rigger's fall.
    • It is NEVER a bad time to summon a fire elemental.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

* Okay, it's funny, so my gnome cavalier can use his prestidigitation spell-like daily to change a fellow PC's hair to shocking, neon electric blue.
    ** Huh, said player isn't even asking for a save, and is acting like his PC doesn't realize his hair has changed color.
    *** Okay, further in-party instances are allowable. It's established and it's funny.
    **** .... all right, fine, making the wizard's robes taste like skunk so that the monster will stop gnawing on him IS technically within prestidigitation's described effects...
    ***** Hey, the DM put a lot of thought into this encounter with a room full of squirrels, one of which is a wild-shaped druid using the others for cover. I am NOT allowed to ready a prestidigitation to turn her hair neon electric blue when she next casts a spell.
    ****** Because racial cantrip abilities shouldn't be able to neutralize the entire BBEG's encounter, that's why!
    ******* EVEN if it's no-save, not-noticed properties are well established in this campaign.
    ******** AND if its use for combat advantage also has precedent.
    ********* I'm not even a caster class dammit!

...... this is an object lesson for SOMEONE. I just can't figure out for whom.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

3. - Top - End - #1053

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reltzik View Post
    * Okay, it's funny, so my gnome cavalier can use his prestidigitation spell-like daily to change a fellow PC's hair to shocking, neon electric blue.
    ** Huh, said player isn't even asking for a save, and is acting like his PC doesn't realize his hair has changed color.
    *** Okay, further in-party instances are allowable. It's established and it's funny.
    **** .... all right, fine, making the wizard's robes taste like skunk so that the monster will stop gnawing on him IS technically within prestidigitation's described effects...
    ***** Hey, the DM put a lot of thought into this encounter with a room full of squirrels, one of which is a wild-shaped druid using the others for cover. I am NOT allowed to ready a prestidigitation to turn her hair neon electric blue when she next casts a spell.
    ****** Because racial cantrip abilities shouldn't be able to neutralize the entire BBEG's encounter, that's why!
    ******* EVEN if it's no-save, not-noticed properties are well established in this campaign.
    ******** AND if its use for combat advantage also has precedent.
    ********* I'm not even a caster class dammit!

...... this is an object lesson for SOMEONE. I just can't figure out for whom.
    note to self: ask the dm if a permanent prestidigitation can explain my halfling's neon pink mohawk
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    I may no longer have Weapon Focus (Light Mace), Improved Critical (Light Mace), Lightning Mace, and the Aptitude enchantment on more than 5 weapons that have 18-20 crit ranges.
    While i enjoy a nice serving of aptitude cheese, i feel i must point out that most of the keystones to the Aptitude Nacho sauce relies on feats that are not actually weapon keyed feats, but weapon locked feats.

Although i will always approve a Disciple of Dispater TWF Critstormer
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

5. - Top - End - #1055

GnomeWizardGuy

*I may NOT have a Flaming Burst Icy Burst Shocking Burst Keen Adamantine Falchion
    **Expecially if I am a Kobold
    ***If I ignore the last two rules I may not solely power-attack using this weapon.

*My Kobold's battlecry is not "SPOOOOOOON!" in Gnomeish
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

*I may not reverse mortgage the BBEG's home/tomb/castle if fighting him seems too difficult. I'm suppose to start training or work my way or up gather allies.

** "Oh wow. That seems pretty reasonable..." when I explain it does not means I don't have to gather the rest of the party during the game's start.

*** Buying the Lawful Evil BBEG's home out from under him and then renting it out to him is probably why he burned down my village and slaughtered the rest of my family. This is not a difference of opinions. We can not agree to disagree.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    * No matter how good my backstory, I may never play a ninja pirate zombie robot dragon.

** I may not play a corpse creature warforged dragonborn swashbuckler/rogue, either.

*** A wizard/Geometer/Fatespinner/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil/Incantrix is somehow ok, though.
    That last line is the most beautiful thing I've seen in this thread ... and I speak as one of Ksheep's 0.43 Internet contributors.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

8. - Top - End - #1058

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    *I may not reverse mortgage the BBEG's home/tomb/castle if fighting him seems too difficult.
    This sounds like a hilarious hook for an adventure. The BBEG getting evicted and is homeless. This seems like a win for the PCs until they realize that the Bank is auctioning off all of the BBEG's evil artifacts, traps, and treasures to the highest bidder...

...and all the BBEG's minions show up to buy.

More Shadowrun--
    • I am banned from having the vampire cult catagorize the PCs by taste.
    • I am no longer allowed to let my commlink-activated suicide bomber wander into a spam zone.
    • I will no longer dare the team Shaman to try defaulting with a shotgun against my BBEG.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #1059

SwashbucklerGuy

* I may not give the party a fossil as part of a treasure
    ** I may not suggest to them that some magicians might be able to bring it back to life
    *** I may not apply the Revived Fossil template to a creature and give it to them as a pet
    **** The casting time for the spell that revives the fossil isn't "however long it takes you to step out that door and come back inside again"
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * I may not give the party a fossil as part of a treasure
    ** I may not suggest to them that some magicians might be able to bring it back to life
    *** I may not apply the Revived Fossil template to a creature and give it to them as a pet
    **** The casting time for the spell that revives the fossil isn't "however long it takes you to step out that door and come back inside again"
    *snicker*

*As a gnome my life quest cannot be to catalogue in one book every type of animate species in the campaign setting.
    **May not learn dominate and mind control monsters to fight for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

*Not to make a character who introduces himself as Professor of Natural Philosophy, Bartholomew J. Thurston.
    **Not to then specialize in lightning and smoke attacks.
    ***His goal is not to make the universe release the blue smoke.
    ****I am not to be surprised when the irl electricals character kills him.
    *****Not to then roll up his brother Barry J. Thurston, Novice of Philosophical Naturalism, who has a similar theme.
    "Robots are essentially decent." Susan Calvin

If there is one thing Call of Cthulhu taught me it's this: Ramming speed.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    *If playing in a girl-genius campaign, I may not be a spark.
    **Not allowed to use common sense to simply build mechanical devices to do the same thing.
    *Not allowed to build a "Common Sense" meter, which detects common sense in use, or lack thereof.
    **Not allowed to build a device fueled by the negative pressure caused by a lack of common sense. I am especially prohibited from naming this or any other device a "Zero (IQ) Point Energy" source.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

*When entering a room of statues depicting various gods, I may not change my deity to match the most badass looking one
    **If the Deity has no listed name or portfolio under his statue, I cannot invent one for him
    ***I shall not be surprised if he does not respond to prayers or sacrifices
    ****I shall not be surprised if he is a deceased power
    *****I shall not single-handedly revive him and bring a greater danger to the world than the current BBEG we are facing
    ******I most definitely cannot be his high priest and retain my previous alignment.

All this actually happened, and it made for a great few sessions. One player picked out one of the nameless gods and began revering him as the God of lucky fights, seduction and the spoils of victory (namely food). He then inadvertently became a paladin under his name and spread the word, reincarnating him as the god he pretty much invented.
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    *Not allowed to build a "Common Sense" meter, which detects common sense in use, or lack thereof.
    **Not allowed to build a device fueled by the negative pressure caused by a lack of common sense. I am especially prohibited from naming this or any other device a "Zero (IQ) Point Energy" source.
    *** Stupidity may be the second most common element in the universe (after hydrogen), but I can't build a reactor fueled by it.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

15. - Top - End - #1065

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    *** Stupidity may be the second most common element in the universe (after hydrogen), but I can't build a reactor fueled by it.
    ****this goes for hydrogen too. oxygen is right out. crude oil too. no building reactors!

*just because the dice say "it" happened does not mean "it" happened. whatever "it" is...
    **based on above, i don't get a mental fortitude check or an endurance check to see how hard the hangover hits me.
    ***this goes for agility too. how the hell are you planning on dodging a hangover, anyway?!
    ****no shields, either. big glasses of water beforehand won't matter when you drank your weight in hard liquor, either.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    That last line is the most beautiful thing I've seen in this thread ... and I speak as one of Ksheep's 0.43 Internet contributors.
    Why thank you!
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    *snicker*

*As a gnome my life quest cannot be to catalogue in one book every type of animate species in the campaign setting.
    **May not learn dominate and mind control monsters to fight for me.
    ...How are Pokemon trainers gnomes?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    I thought Pokemon trainers were Paladins ?
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

19. - Top - End - #1069

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    I thought Pokemon trainers were Paladins ?
    Pokémon Professors are Gnomish Truenamers (they're too high of a level to be effective in the field, so they send out lower-level characters to do all their dirty work for them)

Pokémon Trainers… are probably race independent. As for class, it probably varies. Some may be Malconvokers, some are Rangers, others are Clerics and/or Paladins, and there's also the occasional Bard.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by artofregicide View Post
    **Nor is their a spell: wine to blood.
    ***Bread to flesh is straight out
    ****Blood to Wine and Flesh to Bread do not exist either.
    *****Not allowed to eat the BBEG. Even if he failed his save.
    Last edited by Bucky; 2013-02-28 at 11:10 PM.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

6* Once again, not to point out that polymorph any object can achieve such effects.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-02-28 at 11:14 PM.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    ****Blood to Wine and Flesh to Bread do not exist either.
    *****Not allowed to eat the BBEG. Even if he failed his save.
    Make not become drunk off of the BBEG.

That's just in poor taste.
    "If I've learned anything, it's to fear nothing."

Plays in Noble Trouble

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by artofregicide View Post
    Make not become drunk off of the BBEG.

That's just in poor taste.
    May not reverse-transubstantiate the BBEG, cast prestidigitation to improve the flavor, and THEN get drunk off him, either. Still in poor taste no matter how tasty you make him/her/it.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

* Cast Extract Water Elemental on the BBEG
    ** Drink the Water Elemental
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    May not reverse-transubstantiate the BBEG, cast prestidigitation to improve the flavor, and THEN get drunk off him, either. Still in poor taste no matter how tasty you make him/her/it.
    *However its completely acceptable if my character is a vampire.
    **May not then procede to make the BBEG my minion by turning him into a vampire from drinking him though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Pathfinder:
    * I may not be an alchemist and have ranks in Perform (Juggle). Bombs are too volatile.
    ** On a similar note, halflings are not eligible for juggling.
    *** Neither are gnomes. However, you won't know that until after you have thrown them in the air and then found yourself the target of a bomb/destruction/arbitraary damage source.
    Last edited by Scizor; 2013-03-01 at 06:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

*may not abuse item creation rules to create shotgun of 5 magic missiles
    **it cannot give me a +8 deflection bonus to ac
    ***cannot kill a room full of shambling mounds with this magic item through haste, time stop or something like that without being scratched
    ****cannot lock the with arcane lock (also from the shotgun) to prevent the paladin from seeing my secretly evil wizard do this
    *****cannot keep chunk of shambling mound as a pet and name it Dr. squishypants
    ******cannot be only 10th level when i do this if i ever do it again
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

28. - Top - End - #1078

• When the GM gives me three separate clues that the mcguffin I'm looking for is at Seattle Memorial Hospital, I'm no longer allowed to to be surprised when I arrive and it turns out it was never there to begin with.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #1079

Devil

*Robbing from the rich and giving to the poor is not CG if it's part of a framing attempt.
    ** Neither is arming the poor downtrodden masses with "hot" weapons.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

* If what I suspect to be the moon whispers into my mind from just a few inches behind me consistently for the whole game, none of us should be surprised that it is in fact really far away and I was alone the whole time.

**I swear if you make everyone pack up and leave while I'm in the bathroom, then pretend we never played in the first place just to see how well I deal with all of reality being a hallucination (...again...)there will be consequences.