New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1513
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

So, is Izuru dead? We haven't seen him since he took a hole to the chest, and I don't think we saw him in the infirmary after the fight.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    But...but...Yumichika-san doesn't have a bankai!
    ...yet.
    Unfortunatelly he rarely uses his sword properly for fear of being ostracized by the other members of the eleven and his relationship with his Zanpakuto doesn't seem to be the best. Not the best conditions for achieving bankai, and Yumichika probably doesn't care too much.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

I'm guessing that when Yumichika achieves bankai, he discovers that it isn't kido-based and totally badass and beautiful and he regrets not using it more often and achieving it sooner.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    What's a banaki?
    I shouldn't post while over tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I'm guessing that when Yumichika achieves bankai, he discovers that it isn't kido-based and totally badass and beautiful and he regrets not using it more often and achieving it sooner.
    Right, I forgot that he's still only got Shikai. I'd like him to get Bankai since he's cool.

Also, that reminds me. I hope Kira's ok. Last we saw he got his torso vaporized. I really liked him, especially how he used his shikai too! (I'm going to laugh if it turns out Izuru is the same character as Kira and I just completely forgot)

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Also, that reminds me. I hope Kira's ok. Last we saw he got his torso vaporized. I really liked him, especially how he used his shikai too! (I'm going to laugh if it turns out Izuru is the same character as Kira and I just completely forgot)
    Start laughing.

Or not since he might be dead and all.

You monster.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I shouldn't post while over tired.

Right, I forgot that he's still only got Shikai. I'd like him to get Bankai since he's cool.

To be fair, he does create a "second" Shikai by insulting his blade while he releases it (i.e. using the wrong color in its name). Given how different the two are (fan of blades vs spirit-sucking vines of death), it's rather hard to not confuse the true shikai for a bankai.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2013-01-29 at 01:56 PM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    To be fair, he does create a "second" Shikai by insulting his blade while he releases it (i.e. using the wrong color in its name). Given how different the two are (fan of blades vs spirit-sucking vines of death), it's rather hard to not confuse the true shikai for a bankai.
    I think Yumichika is one of the shinigami that really have two different shikai, and when his sword is angry at him, he only gets the weaker one.
    If he doesn't have two shikai it makes me wonder if all shinigami can do something like this.

8. - Top - End - #1088

You know it just occured to me, with such a unique use of his Zanpakuto, why isn't HE here to talk with the guy who created em? Oh, oh, right, Kubo's writing is...Kubo's writing. Right. Nevermind

9. - Top - End - #1089

You know it just occured to me, with such a unique use of his Zanpakuto, why isn't HE here to talk with the guy who created em? Oh, oh, right, Kubo's writing is...Kubo's writing. Right. Nevermind
    He wasn't wounded or was wanted by the Spirit King though.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dscherro View Post
    I think Yumichika is one of the shinigami that really have two different shikai, and when his sword is angry at him, he only gets the weaker one.
    If he doesn't have two shikai it makes me wonder if all shinigami can do something like this.
    Tosen has two seperate abilities. Making a sea of swords flinging down with a flick of his wrist or a sonic attack that causes one to be unconscious.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

11. - Top - End - #1091

Issue #10/Feb 4 issue's ToC has been scanned, so what does Kubo have to say this time...

"Shinnenkai no koto kakiwasureteta! Maa, isshuu zurechattakara mou kakanaindesu kedo."

"I forgot to write about the New Year's party! Well, I'm off by a week, so I won't write about it."

....KUBO
    You talked about your niece making funny faces last week, and now you're clamming up on any potential dirt from New Year's party?

Oh, btw, next issue is scheduled to be released on either 2/9 (Sat) or 2/10 (Sun). The preview page says 2/9, but I'm reading 'one day earlier' comments.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Somewhere, I have a request. In chapter 520 page 12, last panel, Kirinji Tenjiirou says something which seems rather strange. I've seen two different translations. What does the original panel say?

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

New Chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Zaraki was stronger than Unohana as a kid?

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    New Chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Zaraki was stronger than Unohana as a kid?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is a hugely scary thought. But how powerfull is he going to be NOW when at his full strength? And what will he do with his power? Is there a chance he learned a LITTLE target discrimination?

15. - Top - End - #1095

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    He wasn't wounded or was wanted by the Spirit King though.
    True, but I'm speculating on how Bleach might be if it was written a little better.

As for this week's chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So as it turns out, Kenpachi is NOT the immortal highlander, Unohana is just cheating. To be fair, I think this is actually something quite clever. If, say, you were friends with Goku, and knew he was a saiyen, and thus knew that every time he almost died, he returned twice as powerful (which IS canon, by the way) I'd probably try to kill him every day. So I like how Unohana is abusing the system.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Somewhere, I have a request. In chapter 520 page 12, last panel, Kirinji Tenjiirou says something which seems rather strange. I've seen two different translations. What does the original panel say?
    I'm assuming that panel is the one where Mangapanda has him saying '...I can see why the King of Souls.. ..would fall for him.'

Viz says: "I see why.. ..Reio is so obsessed with him."

Original: "...Reio-sama ga horenno mo wakaraa."

The gist of what he's saying is 'I see why lord Spirit King is so obsessed/interested with him', so they're both right.

Parsing it was hard for me, since that nno in horenno was throwing me off. The n there is in katakana though, while the rest of the word is in hiragana, so I'm thinking the extra n sound is just how he talks, then the no is to turn the verb horeru into a noun, so it can be the object for the verb wakaru, to understand. Wakaraa doesn't fit a conjugation I'm familiar with, but putting it in the negative doesn't make sense, so I'm sticking with the positive.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Thank you. I imagined that original message would be clearer then what Mangapanda's and Manga Stream's.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

True, but I'm speculating on how Bleach might be if it was written a little better.

As for this week's chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So as it turns out, Kenpachi is NOT the immortal highlander, Unohana is just cheating. To be fair, I think this is actually something quite clever. If, say, you were friends with Goku, and knew he was a saiyen, and thus knew that every time he almost died, he returned twice as powerful (which IS canon, by the way) I'd probably try to kill him every day. So I like how Unohana is abusing the system.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, my theory was wrong.

I am of mixed feelings about this one. I like that Unohana is cheating, but I hate the reason that she's cheating. Kenpachi gets stronger when he almost dies because he's such an amazing unstoppable superman that he's been unconsciously blocking himself forever in the hopes of getting worthwhile fights.

He's already an awesome badass, Kubo, you don't need to make him just that much better than everyone else by having him be stronger than the best swordfighter in Soul Society however many hundreds of years ago when he was just a kid.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I am of mixed feelings about this one. I like that Unohana is cheating, but I hate the reason that she's cheating. Kenpachi gets stronger when he almost dies because he's such an amazing unstoppable superman that he's been unconsciously blocking himself forever in the hopes of getting worthwhile fights.

He's already an awesome badass, Kubo, you don't need to make him just that much better than everyone else by having him be stronger than the best swordfighter in Soul Society however many hundreds of years ago when he was just a kid.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't have a problem with that. He's already the only captain to not only not have a bankai, but to not even rely on his sword at all. This IS his schtick. Everything about him so far from the eye patch to using his sword with two hands has been something along these lines. Quintessential Zaraki Kenpachi this chapter.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

i call bull. on everything.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Go Kenpachi go!

Spoiler
    Show
    LEVEL UP

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Go Kenpachi go!

Spoiler
    Show
    LEVEL UP
    Spoiler
    Show
    wouldn't this be more like recovering negative levels?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    wouldn't this be more like recovering negative levels?

Well, technically...

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I actually quite like it this way. It makes sense enough for the character as well.

Besides, for the previous 11th captain to have been a Kenpachi, he would've needed to be better than Unohana (or Unohana's surpasser) at some point, and Zaraki would've needed to be better than him. Of course he's going to turn out better than her in the end. This just gives more plot behind that.

And considering this is Kubo, this is pretty good. Not great overall, but considering the rest, it's definitely alight.

Plus, seeing Zaraki as a kid was nifty.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So here are the facts:

-Kenpachi is an undead. Stating the obvious I know since this is a series about shinigami, which techinically count as undead, but just bear with me.

-Kenpachi seems to work differently than other shinigami, possibly hinting that he's a different kind of undead.

-Kenpachi inflicts negative levels on himself as a means to make his fights more challenging.

-Kenpachi supposedly does this all for self-gratification.

Conclusion:

Kenpachi is a wight with a subconscious chronic masturbation problem.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually quite like it this way. It makes sense enough for the character as well.

Besides, for the previous 11th captain to have been a Kenpachi, he would've needed to be better than Unohana (or Unohana's surpasser) at some point, and Zaraki would've needed to be better than him. Of course he's going to turn out better than her in the end. This just gives more plot behind that.

And considering this is Kubo, this is pretty good. Not great overall, but considering the rest, it's definitely alight.

Plus, seeing Zaraki as a kid was nifty.
    Spoiler
    Show
    i agree that it explains kenpachi's wildly vassilating power, and that did explain it. but this has to be the most ham fisted way of doing it.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

27. - Top - End - #1107

Spoiler
    Show
    Have you seen Kubo's hands? They're as big as steaks !

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Banned

It makes perfect sense to me and is completely consistent with the character.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure I understand all the hate towards this chapter. It makes absolute perfect sense when you take in everything from the very beginning(as someone else already mentioned). I mean, Ichigo, before he has his bankai, is just barely able to squeak out a win against Kenpachi. Then Kenpachi is somehow able to beat Nnoitora, who beat the crap out of Ichigo(who, might I add, is now something like 5-10x more powerful then he was in his fight against Kenpachi). How else would you ever be able to explain that difference, other then exactly how Kubo has shown it to be?

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure I understand all the hate towards this chapter. It makes absolute perfect sense when you take in everything from the very beginning(as someone else already mentioned). I mean, Ichigo, before he has his bankai, is just barely able to squeak out a win against Kenpachi. Then Kenpachi is somehow able to beat Nnoitora, who beat the crap out of Ichigo(who, might I add, is now something like 5-10x more powerful then he was in his fight against Kenpachi). How else would you ever be able to explain that difference, other then exactly how Kubo has shown it to be?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Additionally, all this explanations really requires is that Kenpachi subconsciously does the same kind of thing that we know he consciously does from his first appearance.

This really just adds to my belief that there is literally nothing Kubo can write that will not cause someone to scream "Ass Pull".