New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Wardens to Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    How much are you willing to pay for the stone and fortification experts? We have both, but they are in much need. P. Stats preferred.

Wardens to Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naturally yes.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

Tregon to Vasari

Spoiler
    Show
    Make us an offer. We will decide based on how difficult the job is. But we are aiming at being cheaper than other mercenary forces. For now, a rough guideline is [1 military for 0.5 t.wealth/turn].

Tregon to Wardens

Spoiler
    Show
    How much can you deliver? We have [5 wealth], and however much we make from mercenary work. We can, of course, also offer you mercenaries and other services in exchange, though we'd rather not sacrifice permament stats.
    We are looking to properly fortify Tregon itself, and then moving outwards by building a series of fortified outposts to serve as bases for our herders and rangers.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Orks of Tregon/Mercantile Guild [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

''That's interesting. Let's say at the moment, we are talking about [6-7 WEL] - which would ensure numbers superiority, therefore making the job much more simple. Are there any jobs you won't be willing to take? I can also ensure medical assistance, reducing your losses in the course of the job. I believe, it would also be possible to arrange for a discount on the Masons through the SGA, as Masons Guild is part of our structure.''

''I'd also be interested in hiring mercenaries in the next month for an operation, near Warden controlled Forts.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #1024

Tregon to Vasari

Spoiler
    Show
    These sound like good conditions. One factor is that we can not bring our own mages to the table, and have little experience fighting magical threats. So if you want wizards destroyed, bring your own antimagic. We'd also be wary of fighting anyone with very powerful friends.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry to ask; but is there anything wrong between us? We haven't been able to meet with you, and we have been meaning to do it for some time.

Is it the King situation? We are thinking of a way to adress that.

Lord Wallen

To the Heladuit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you receive our letter last month? We have been meaning to talk to you for a while now.

Madame Beteoui

To SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "An Embassy for the Tregon Orcs? I don't see why not."

To the Orcs of Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are the best masons, carpenters, and builders of town. We rebuilt an entire neighbourhood in a couple of months.

Our fees are low; feel free to send a representative to see us.

Free Masons & Carpenters Guild, Sav Altulas
    "

To Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will be happy to help you there.
    We retreated merely because a misunderstanding; my men weren't informed that we were pushing further than the Fields last month; and thus went back once they had achieved the objective.

On other matters; we are looking to give services to Society. Is there anything we can do to help the people of your neighbourhoods?

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

6. - Top - End - #1026

Tregon to the Masons and Carpenter's Guild:

Spoiler
    Show
    We have 5 wealth, currently, plus income from mercenary works, currently estimated at at least 6 wealth. Part of that will have to be spent on buying raw material from the wardens, however.

From the rest: what is your estimate for rebuilding and fortifying all of Tregon -as a town, not a village - and several small fortified outposts?

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Orks of Tregon [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

Do not worry. Our Mages are sufficient to provide necessary support.

Wildmages [1]
    Spoiler
    Show

''May I inquire what is happening? Is Longspeak Tower in danger?''

Lord Wallen [7/PM?]
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC: Oh, I have never got to replying to your message… Darn it.]

''I apologize for this lapse in communications. I fear the message to me was mislaid and with a number of arrangements that occupied my time and I haven’t sent a follow up letter.''

[Do you want a regular or PM message?]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

8. - Top - End - #1028

NinjaGuy

To Tregon and GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we would have to see the size of the grounds; the size of the fortifications; and other things.
    We will set to research that and get back to you.

What is certain is that, with us, the price for building the fortifications will be cheaper. You will end up with better quality work.

Zemalac:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How long would that take? Supposing I can give an educated guess, if we can make sure the material flow is constant.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2013-01-17 at 06:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Tregon to Vasari [5]

Spoiler
    Show
    We can not help but notice that you have still not mentioned what the target is.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 8)

Neposh:
    Spoiler
    Show

We are currently neutral to the Gear's Chosen, though there have been rumblings on their side of possible conflict. To be honest, we would welcome the elimination of the last bit of the RSA, but are unsure of what would happen to the wiring they have put up. According to their own people, bad things happen if no one takes care of their machines.

Technists:
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you think you are capable of keeping the Gear's Chosen's Celestial Network up and running, should something unfortunate happen to your fellow mad scientists? Having seen the various fights going on, I fear for the safety of my people should something drastic occur.

Tregon Orcs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you still have military units available for hire? We may wish to rent some personal in the coming month.

Go Tigers!

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tregon [PM-OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show

[I’m waiting for the confirmation from Mercantile Guild, to see we’ll be splitting the costs and if they want to hire more or less. And feeling a little awkward, since the request will be involving Gear’s Chosen, who were good friends of Blackfists, as far as I know… Doesn’t feel exactly right OOC, but IC it’s the best option.]

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild to the Rams
    Spoiler
    Show

To be honest? We're not sure. While we use a primarily chemical and mechanical approch, they also used arcane methods to gather the power source, and our grasp on those is not as great as theirs. So, we can try, but can offer no guarnetees.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

13. - Top - End - #1033

Tregon to Vasari - OOC PM

Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, it's fine. I can separate OOC and IC. And, well, they cheated me

Tregon to the Ram [4]

Spoiler
    Show
    We are currently in negotiations with Vasari for what might be a lenghty engagement.

If you have a better offer than his suggested 6-7 wealth for most of our forces, we are all ears.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild-Tregon/Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think [6-7] WEL is probably good. It will certainly ensure we outnumber them by a fair ratio while not putting too much of a strain on our resources.

I also have another proposal besides Dr. Vasiri's...I understand you are looking to expand Tregon? How about [3] WEL and the services of Sorenson, my chief engineer?

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting development in Gregoria...King James is trying to establish himself as king.

[I grant you permission to read his message to the General.]

GM[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whats the situation in Gregoria? How do the general populace and the General view King James and the Wren?

I figure my contacts could get the information.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Tregon Orcs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will have need of mercenaries in two months. I can pay up to [10 wealth], if you have enough men to meet that.
    Last edited by razovor; 2013-01-17 at 07:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1036

NinjaGuy

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well... What are we going to do about it?

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

To Gears Chosen(Desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

The two of us are at odds for more reasons than the graveyard we've been fighting over, there is no denying that. But, as you know, many factions in the city are coming against you since the RSA was dissolved.

The church has no desire to move into the factories that are in the area, we are only interested in protecting the dead in the Medicant's field. If you are willing to move out of the area, we will not attack you in any other district.

The Ram Revolution (DESP 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will warn you, they rely on their false "god" to support their machine. When this "god" decides it is bored with being helpful it will cause the machine to fail. This failure will probably destroy half the city, which is why we are in favor of shutting it down completely. If we are lucky, it will fail soon, before it becomes the lifeblood of the city.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I believe Sausage Guild should speak on the matter, considering their influence in the Gilded.''

House Laurier [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''You have seen the monster in the Pond. A twisted creation of wild magic - the proximity of the Longspeak Tower makes it possible, that more monsters are lurking below, ready to erupt. And with Sausage Guild string things up, there is a high risk of things spilling to the Lomb Circle.''

''I have mentioned it before, but having a force, skilled in fighting unnatural threats would be useful, and Blackspell Watch has been improving their capabilities in that area, under patronage of Dr. Vassari.''

''I believe it would be possible to arrange a force of them to serve as guards in the Sellscroll's Maze, where they'll be able to deal with any accidental misfires of magical devices and from where they can come to your House assistance in the rest of the Lomb Circle.''

''Of course that'll require certain expansion of the Watch, so they would have enough manpower. Would you be amiable to provide a donation in exchange for such protection, either in coin or in the famed Merdallan Steel weapons?''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-01-17 at 08:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1039

Blackspell Watch to Bloodhaven (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks for letting us know. We'll take a look.

EDK to Bloodhaven (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Cost may be an issue. Some gold I can manage, but that which I cannot I will be willing to pay in secrets that you may find interesting.

Peacocks to Bloodhaven (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Those gents with the holes in the city walls are either working for us or wish they were. Honestly, I'm not too worried about the Wardens and their wall project. The laborers will be willing enough to accept our money to build in more bolt-holes and tunnels.

House Laurier to Church of Neposh (9)
    Spoiler
    Show

What they were doing is immaterial. The Grave Guard contained representatives from the temples of the Risen Gods, deities which we must respect if we want to keep up both the traditions of our homeland and the contacts we sustain there. I am afraid that news of what you have done to the orders of the Guardian and the Uncaring Judge may pass across the mountains, and being associated with the persons who struck against the rightful gods of Merdallan may not go over particularly well in Merdal and Chadrais.

General Rhodarmer to Champions of Sovereignty (10)
    Spoiler
    Show

You are here as my guest, James of Altulas, not as my liege, and I would thank you if you were to not steal my people away from me. I think perhaps you should return to your broken city and leave these shattered lands to those who were born to them.

House Laurier to Bloodhaven (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

I will admit that we are, perhaps, not exploiting the Maze as much as it could be, but I am still leery about letting any part of our mercantile empire slip out of the family's control. You would have to offer me very good terms indeed to make me consider your proposal as anything more than a casual suggestion.

As for expanding the Blackspell Watch to operate in Sellscroll's Maze, I am afraid that is out of the question. Our own cadet branch serves perfectly satisfactorily as guards for the neighborhood, and has done so without incident for some time.

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The standing stones are in a clearing on a hill, in the middle of a profound silence.

Wild Mages to Bloodhaven (1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Depends on what the Bloody Guild does, omae. They want to dig tunnels through Downline, but haven't brought out the coin to smooth the way yet--all we've seen are a helluva lot of blades. Might be come chaos in the making, and then things could get a little tricky, yeah?

Ragnar Lodbroke (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Cost of fortifications is 3 WEL per fortification level. Each level of fortifications adds additional dice to the rolls of any defenders there.

oblivion6 (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The people love him, thanks to extensive efforts to win them over last month. The majority of the military does as well.

The Gear's Chosen to Church of Neposh (9)
    Spoiler
    Show

It is with deep regret that we must accept your terms. We had put much into the Grave Guard, and had hoped to help them more with this new necromancer threat, but a besieged man must look to his own first. All that we can ask now is that you do not strike too harshly at the remains of the Grave Guard--they are good men, and knew not what the Fields harbored.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

EDK [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

That method of payment is quite acceptable.

[Will smuggling him require ESP? Or the current arrangements would allow it to happen automatically?]

House Laurier [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, if new management can generate considerable amount of business per month, would it persuade you of the merit of this proposal?

[2 WEL per Month?, 3 WEL per Month? 4 WEL per Month? More?]

[Edit: Also REP 8. Can be trusted.]

Wild Mages [1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, perhaps I can impress on the Sausage Guild, the importance of making things smooth.

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sausage Guild: I would like to suggest for the situation in the Downline to be resolved with coin, rather than blades. The fighting and wild magic are considerable risks to the city and must be avoided.

Zemalac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

How are out trade routes to Merdallan doing? What obstacles are in the way of free flow of trade (I assume I can ask this of Laurier).

Does the river flow in the direction of our eastern trade routes (wondering about Mercantile Guild's fleet)? Does it pass Orn... darnit it, it was D.. something, the place where the Warlord with Soothsayers is.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-01-18 at 11:21 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Smugglers
    What tariffs are the smugglers avoiding? There is currently no real government to collect such things. We can easily believe that there are smuggler routes, as they would have been built beforehand. And that they may well still be in use. But with the breakdown of government there would be no tariffs or customs to avoid. And more importantly no advantage for the smugglers over legitimate merchants.

Embassy
    We don't see why this is a matter for the SGA at all, or even ourselves personally. We have never claimed to own Embassy Row. Merely that we are maintaining it's security. If the Orks wish to purchase a building from it's current owners we won't stop them. Whether that building will actually be regarded as an embassy with all the rights thereof is another matter, and what should be discussed.

Gregoria
    Given the General's response we do not feel that there is any immediate cause for concern. King James may well continue his efforts there, but that will take time.

Wild Mages
    We will consider it.

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can we get a report on what the SGA did this EoT?

To the Exchange
    Spoiler
    Show
    How is the currency exchange proceeding?
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2013-01-18 at 11:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show

For 1 p.Wealth, we'll give you a permanent 50% share of the quarry output as well as access to improve the facilities and add more workers if you so wish.

For 5 t.Wealth, we'll give you half the output of the quarry for a turn and Malcolm Exarn, our foremost fortification expert, with several of his best engineers (1 t.Morale and some traits plus a VIP).

For 3 t.Wealth, we'll give you half the output for a turn as well as fortification experts.

For 1 t.Wealth we'll give you temporary access to the area and those facilities that can be shared, for your own workers to begin digging out your own stone.

Also, we apologize for the incident with DePoche and congratulate you on the destruction of the Upside Circle. We wish to lay claim to the Standing Stone area as well as ask for your support at some future date to eliminate the Traitor Legion near Gregoria, but you can keep the entire rest of the forest. Hopefully you'll be using most of the lumber yourself, though, so as to avoid much competition between us.

Good luck in your endeavours. Let us talk again at some point about the Shattered Lands and the nearby threats we can pacify together.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

23. - Top - End - #1043

Church of Neposh

To Bloodhaven (DESP 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have made an agreement with the Gears to stop the fighting between us, so we will not be able to assist you militarily. If there is another way we can assist, we are willing to help.

To Lord Wallen (desp 8)
    Spoiler
    Show

I think we the best way may be completing the road. We were going to change its route to go in front of the Bleak Cathedral and through the Pews. Do you think this would be a good investment?

24. - Top - End - #1044

Tregon to Wardens

Spoiler
    Show
    "A pleasure. The unfortunate incident with Deerblood need not trouble us, it was an accident that should not spoil a friendship.

As your terms stand, I think we can invest 1 p.wealth, if you could also send us Exarn the first month, to do some planning.

Orcs of Tregon to the Stonemason's Guild:

Spoiler
    Show
    "We have reliable supplies of timber and stone now, as well as a talented architect. How much would you charge simply for the masons?

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show

Agreed. He's pretty much finished with getting the Prison back into shape, and will be arriving over shortly. Be advised, though, that if there's an emergency in the Prison or the Warden Order is put under threat by some sudden attack, he might have to be recalled. It's unlikely, though.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Starbright Society

All factions in the city receive a visit from the representatives of White-Stripe Mages, bearing the same proposal:

''We wish to establish a Society dedicated to the restoration of the culture and traditional values of the Kingdom of Talidor. We ask you for a small donation to further this noble cause.''

Our objectives include:

Honouring the great heritage and heroes of Talidor

Study of the history and wonders of Talidor through archaeological missions and study of records

Study, restoration and reconstruction of the great works of the Kingdom

Revival of the Talidor culture and values in the society

Reclamation and protection of all ancient Standing Stones

Looking for the person, worried about N.A., for an issue related to the problems in tunnels, possible related to S. You can arrange meeting time in the Royal Arena in Hopers. List of references preferable, noble credentials sought.

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show

I remembered the name – Agia Lonecutter.

And, Holy CRAP! I missed your message with Hael Redreuq!!!

Guards must be deaf… Scatterbugs!
    What are the closest ruins with archaeological value (in regards to Talidor History)? Demeti and it's cistern? Or do we have other options?

The Traitor’s Bridge – is it some marvel of old construction, which we can no longer accomplish, due to lost secrets? Any value in studying it?

You mentioned the second standing stone was close to the Forts to Illarym. Any rumors of what was lurking there (since it was close to Forts)

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

SGA Funds: I’d like to request [3 WEL] from the SGA Fund to
    be used to improve the good standing and reputation of the SGA in the city.

SGA/Wardens [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Reposting Sausage Guild:

Smugglers
    What tariffs are the smugglers avoiding? There is currently no real government to collect such things. We can easily believe that there are smuggler routes, as they would have been built beforehand. And that they may well still be in use. But with the breakdown of government there would be no tariffs or customs to avoid. And more importantly no advantage for the smugglers over legitimate merchants.

Verdan Contact [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Protectorate of Blood does no exports or imports. So what was Gerard Neilson doing there? Attempting to open a new market or they do have limited trade in weapons. If I’ve got any information from the smuggling route about the subject, I’ll use it, when writing the letter. I’m testing the waters to see, if Deplorian Inc. would be interested in our distribution network.]

''Dear Mr. Neilson,''

''I was wondering, if it would be possible for us to cooperate in certain business ventures. I know a number of persons, skilled in the logistics in the Sav Altulus, Shattered Lands, and our neighbors, such as Protectorate of Blood. They are so efficient in their work, one can hardly notice, they are there at all.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-01-18 at 03:23 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to SGA
    Spoiler
    Show

I didn't realize that the SGA wouldn't know - the Mercantile Guild has been collecting tariffs from the Traitor's Bridge for quite a while now. The majority of the City, incidentally not including Warden territory, is also under some form of taxation, generally by the faction in power within. Usually not called such, of course, but it varies from 'protection money' to 'service fees' and 'funding the Guard'. In addition, our own checkpoints have turned back shipments of weapons of mass destruction, preventing them from entering or leaving the city.

And I thought you people were in the process of forming a government so we can set proper taxation and tariffs again, letting honest merchants and industrialists prosper once more. I seem to recall talk about how Sav Altulas could rise to become something greater than it is - something that is impossible if we cannot regulate our own markets or prevent foreign powers from pushing their cheap, bulk goods into our markets and destroying the chances of our own industry to compete.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Wardens [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Well, then. As I’ve said before, we can deploy the Guilds Watch to make certain the smugglers aren’t stealing from our buisness.''

''As for the matters of government, SGA keeps the city running, but we don’t run the city. While I realize, that there are some nations, run by the Guilds, I do not believe any members of SGA have expressed such ambition. I expected the noble class to pick up the burden of authority, but apparently there’s been some sort of dissent in their ranks on how to do it.''

''Anyway, the tariffs are already collected. And setting up government, that will issue taxes would hardly help economic prosperity. You shouldn’t be concerned about the threats to our markets. There are projects, being advanced that address the concerns, you've expressed, and ensure economic prosperity of the city.''

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to SGA
    Spoiler
    Show

If it were just a matter of manpower, the Guild's Watch would be good. But really, the city is way too large to be policed simply by encircling it with guards. We need walls to direct traffic to chokepoints and we need them to protect us in the future against the outside, now that we aren't protected by the Sorceress anymore. Proper walls are also a symbol of prestige in and of themselves.

As for taxation helping markets - indirectly, they greatly do. Well, it's a more complex thing than that, as I'm sure you know, being more experienced in matters of finance than myself. But never has a decentralized state been more economically powerful than a centralized one. Stable, strong authority with funds and power to create safe roads, foster long-distance trade, invest and develop more resources, control the flow of goods from place to place and protect the interests of their own economy against foreign pressure is key to long-term prosperity.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Increasing the reputation of the SGA seems a worthy goal.

As manager of SGA general activities we have taken the liberty of posting a notice for information as to the possible foreign incursions that the Wardens are making a fuss over. We expect that there is nothing of the kind, but it is always better to gather more information to make an informed decision.

SGA/Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Bloodhaven says the SGA is not the government. And there is a difference between a government in the process of forming and a government which exists and is taxing imports. As such the smugglers aren't currently affecting anything besides offering more routes into the city. If the smugglers are avoiding locally imposed tariffs then it is a local matter not one for the SGA as a whole.

As to foreign competition I'm sure that if any of our markets were being threatened by foreign goods one or another of us would have noticed and brought up the point internally. Besides which any goods would have to be transported across the whole of the Shattered Lands. Which is not conducive to cheap goods. And even if some trader manages it, then it simply means that our industries must become competitive not be propped up from their own deficiencies. In fact given that there are currently no government regulations in Sav Altulas and plentiful cheap labor the situation seems ripe for exactly the reverse situation with our industries producing goods more cheaply and in greater quantity than any foreigner.

Plus we would point out that if you plan to extend the city's walls in a new district anyway then you will have enclosed the old smuggler's routes within the city walls. Which would render them useless for such activities.

Walls
    As to the walls themselves we question their effect as a symbol of authority and protection. Given that mages can hurl fireballs of great force, and our own mechanic guilds are working on ever larger firearms we do not think that traditional walls are going to be as effective in the future as they have the past. They will need to be both redesigned with such forces in mind, and magically reinforced.

We would be willing to fund such an extensive project only if the designs were drawn up with such modern weapons in mind. Demonstrations of the effectiveness of various designs would most likely be in order as well.

Also airships need to be addressed, although we have little idea as to how walls could be made effective against them.

SGA to any merchant in the city (PC or NPC) (0)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If any merchant's have noticed a rise in cheap foreign goods in competition with themselves, then the SGA would like to be informed to aid in our economic forecasts.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2013-01-18 at 05:14 PM.