New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Vs Play: Dungeons of Dredmor!

For the sake of getting zoo rewards, going into your pocket dimension counts as leaving the floor sadly. I found this out the hard way myself a couple of weeks back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    For the sake of getting zoo rewards, going into your pocket dimension counts as leaving the floor sadly. I found this out the hard way myself a couple of weeks back.
    Had the same happen to me. Changing floors denies the Zoo reward, and the Pocket Dimension counts as a different floor. Makes sense, hopping into the PD to restock on consumables does make them a whole lot easier.
    Truth resists simplicity.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, since I figured this VS: Play was dead since no one posted in it anymore I stopped documenting Cody's exploits. I think I got more careless playing him too, so he died quite unceremoniously at level 4 by being careless in a monster zoo

MM is the winner if he gets further.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I've had a thought for the next round - we're Going Rogue and we're going to introduce a partial randomisation into the skill pick. So you use the forum dice roller to pick, say 3 skills and then the rest you can choose yourself.

I think we'll also go with all people at once. That way it keeps folks interested and keeps the mortality rate nice and high.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Yeah, I've had a thought for the next round - we're Going Rogue and we're going to introduce a partial randomisation into the skill pick. So you use the forum dice roller to pick, say 3 skills and then the rest you can choose yourself.

I think we'll also go with all people at once. That way it keeps folks interested and keeps the mortality rate nice and high.
    I like this plan, it smells of Fun.
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    I like this plan, it smells of Fun.
    I do as well, I may even compete, though not till after Thanksgiving, as I'll have limited internet and lots of traveling for it, which is not conducive to LPs. On the other hand, it gives me time to die a couple horrid deaths to warm up while I figure out the process of getting screen shots.

I have all the expansions, so I'm right up to spec on that front.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    I do as well, I may even compete, though not till after Thanksgiving, as I'll have limited internet and lots of traveling for it, which is not conducive to LPs. On the other hand, it gives me time to die a couple horrid deaths to warm up while I figure out the process of getting screen shots.

I have all the expansions, so I'm right up to spec on that front.
    Quick and dirty way of screen shots: ctrl+print screen, and then paste into paint and save

Steam way: f12 then try to find where the picture goes after that

Even with the traveling you could write up your adventures and then post them once you do have internets back.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Small trouble: the forum Dice Roller Absolutely DOES NOT WORK outside of the RPG section of the board, last time I checked.

[roll=TestRoll]1d100[/roll]

And that's proof.
    I suppose, we could use the Honour system and click "random", and keep the first three Random skills, but that may also necessitate nixing any sort of theme that was going on (Which is a shame, as I wanted to suggest "Magic is for chumps")
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Couldn't you go to the test roll thread for the rolling, and link to your rolls here?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Why? Just so we can be absolutely assured that nobody is cheating? Where's the Fun in cheating?
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

I'll sign up for this! Would we do random+theme or just random+"Oh god I need to make this a vaguely viable build"?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

If necessary, we can use the Dice Roller test thread for doing the random rolls. No biggie.

Sly actually brings up a good point - the three picked skills. Are these going to be three the group selects and everyone has to use or 3 picks per individual?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

Screw viable builds, they're boring! We build the theme out of 4 skills, post what we have, and the remaining are Board-Random'd for us after we pick. (have been playing this vs. mode with another friend - there's a ton of synergy even in less-than-optimal builds. We'll find a way to survive, or... well, die, I guess)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sounds like a fun idea, though my PC has sadly diggle'd itself all over; I probably won't be able to play this round of "Oh gods why does the RNG hate me", and consider the adventures of Mr Burton Bolt finished.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Check around your PC for Diggle Commando footprints.

With regards to Mr Bolt, we'll have his tales on indefinite pause but I'd like you to pick them up again at some point. I'll get the big run post up this evening.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

All right, tell me the theme, and I'll get'r built! (whoever is in charge of the 3 random skills will need to roll more than 3, just in case it coincides with a thematic skill)

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

LEMMING RUN!

Disappointed with the lack of swift and amusing deaths in Dredmor, this Vs round is going to up the ante considerably. The settings are:

* Going Rogue
    * NTTG
    * Partially randomised skill pick!

All those interested in running will run this round. The price of admittance is to vote for 3 skills that you simply can't live without. The top 3 skills will be the ones everyone uses. Then once we have those, you roll the forum dice three times for your random skills.

**RANDOM SKILLS MUST ONLY BE ROLLED AFTER THE THREE PICKED SKILLS HAVE BEEN DECIDED ON!**

My votes:

* Smithing
    * Blood Magic
    * Perception

18. - Top - End - #108
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Archaeology
    Smithing
    Clockwork Knight

(yes, I'll give this a go)

edit: Can we use http://invisiblecastle.com/ for dice rolls?
    Last edited by Castaras; 2012-11-25 at 02:36 PM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

So if I understand this right, we vote for three skills that everyone'll use, then each of us gets three more at random and then selects the last one?

In any case, my votes:

-Blood Magic
    -Dual Wielding
    -Magical Law

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Burglary
    Artful Dodger
    Perception

How do we want to handle DLC skills for us non-DLCians?
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Burglary
    Perception
    Bloodmagic

---
    My thoughts on the DLC: Don't go into the Safety Room at all guys, you wimps.

It's going to be the only major thing that any of the DLC will have on gameplay. The new items and skills are nice, sure, but when you're randomizing 4/7ths or your skill set, the added options just make you more likely to get something more or less unworkable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Isn't the Pocket Dimension from the DLC that's free, however? I remember getting it before I bought the Wizardlands DLC.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Isn't the Pocket Dimension from the DLC that's free, however? I remember getting it before I bought the Wizardlands DLC.
    I think it was, but I can't confirm. (Well, not that it was part of You Have To Name The Expansion Pack, but I think they folded the Pocket Dimension into the core game.) I will, however, note that Dredmor and its paid DLCs are part of the Steam Autumn Sale *RIGHT NOW*, and can be had for 74 cents apiece.. so, you know, if you don't have them, go *get* them.

Edit: Top 3 skills-

Psionics
    Psionics
    Psionics
    (..well, ok, if you really had to press me I could probably come up with something else, but if I'm seriously trying to make a working build? Give me Psionics and it doesn't much *matter* what else, I'll make do.)
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2012-11-25 at 06:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Archaeology
    Smithing
    Clockwork Knight

(yes, I'll give this a go)

edit: Can we use http://invisiblecastle.com/ for dice rolls?
    Sure, I don't mind. Just as long as we're all able to see the results, it's cool. I notice Archie also plays Dredmor - I'll give him a kick the next time I see him on Steam.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't have the Wizardlands DLC (I do have Wrath of the Diggle Gods and Legend of the Mare on the Moon You Have To Name The Expansion Pack) and I can confirm that the pocket dimension is available.

Speaking of Wizardlands, I'm going to go buy that right now while I still can...

Also,
    1: Clockwork Knight
    2: Smiting
    3: Killer Vegan
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground

1: Psionics
    2: Unarmed
    3: Archaelogy

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

You know, if I was feeling absolutely cruel, I'd change my vote to Vampirism, Big Game Hunter & Killer Vegan. >:)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Dual Wielding
    Shields
    Astrology

What?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground

1 - Unarmed
    2 - Perception
    3 - Burglary

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

1. Tinkering
    2. Berzerker
    3. Big Game Hunter

Fer serious. What are the rest of you thinking???