New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIV: Return of the Pokémon Thread Strikes Back Harder

Are there any female, dream world Murkrows or Honchkrows around?

I don't have a lot to offer. There's a Jolly, dream world Eevee here, if a Leafeon is wanted, as well as some Leech Seed/Spikes Ferroseed eggs. Otherwise, I can see what I can do if you're missing some Black 2 or White exclusives.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIV: Return of the Pokémon Thread Strikes Back Harder

I'm also playing HeartGold right now and defeated Whitney easily. It was a little underwhelming, considering how much I dreaded that fight, but after paralyzing that Miltank with my Flaffy and weaking it a bit (to the point that she had to use Milk Drink), I crushed her with my Fearow's Return.

Bugsy gave me more problems than Whitney, which I did not expect, considering that Bugsy was, if I remember correctly, pretty easy in GSC.
    Previously known as Dorian Soth.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is:
    0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

So, dream world Sinnoh starters are coming.

... As an extra in specially-marked games sold at Walmart. Lovely promotion there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and which one you get is determined at random.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    So, dream world Sinnoh starters are coming.

... As an extra in specially-marked games sold at Walmart. Lovely promotion there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and which one you get is determined at random.
    ....Eugh. Though, if they are reset-able, you can keep trying for a female one...

My biggest issue with it is that the games have already been released, why are they including a new special thing now?? besides money
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

They are, in all likelihood, male, given that all the other dream world starters are.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    They are, in all likelihood, male, given that all the other dream world starters are.
    I cannot :rollseyes: hard enough

However, I am totally not really too annoyed by it because I am currently doing this* (from 0:24 to 0:28) because I TOTALLY JUST GOT A CELEBI EEEE

*Warning: contains ponies and traces of ponies as well.

Now I just need Jirachi...but I have no idea how or where I'm going to get one.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-12-07 at 02:23 AM.
    Morning Star

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

I wish that I could clone mine to give you one

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Now I just need Jirachi...but I have no idea how or where I'm going to get one.
    If clones of a Jirachi obtained from the Colosseum Bonus disc are okay with you, I can probably get one to you either after the holiday season ends* or on a Wednesday or Thursday night. I... Think I could actually get a fully legitimate one, just that it is so annoying to go from Gen 3 to Gen 4 to Gen 5 just for one pokemon, that I'd just rather clone one if it doesn't matter to you.

*Remember how my last B2 update was how I was about to go into Victory Road? Yeah, I still haven't been able to actually play the game to enter Victory Road.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-12-07 at 03:57 AM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post

I don't have a lot to offer. There's a Jolly, dream world Eevee here, if a Leafeon is wanted, as well as some Leech Seed/Spikes Ferroseed eggs. Otherwise, I can see what I can do if you're missing some Black 2 or White exclusives.
    Unfortunately, not in a reasonable timeframe. The only one I've got is currently part of my B2 team, so isn't in a position to breed right now (and given the rate I complete my games...!)

Amazon (uk) have got an offer on where you get a Lightning Rod Pikachu when you order BW2; I was buying one for my niece for Christmas. So now I'm really hoping a) I get W2 for Christmas myself (as if I do, it'll almost certainly be from Amazon) and b) it comes with a Light Ball...

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    If clones of a Jirachi obtained from the Colosseum Bonus disc are okay with you, I can probably get one to you either after the holiday season ends* or on a Wednesday or Thursday night. I... Think I could actually get a fully legitimate one, just that it is so annoying to go from Gen 3 to Gen 4 to Gen 5 just for one pokemon, that I'd just rather clone one if it doesn't matter to you.

*Remember how my last B2 update was how I was about to go into Victory Road? Yeah, I still haven't been able to actually play the game to enter Victory Road.
    Well, it depends. Are clones like, able to be detected as TOTALLY LEGALLY obtained? If not, I'm fine with it. Oh, does it know Body Slam? It doesn't affect my answer either way (yeeeeeees) but it would be nice to know ahead of time.

This makes me think getting Darkrai, Mew, Shaymin and Arceus will be doable as well!

Anybody? yes, no?
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-12-07 at 01:00 PM.
    Morning Star

11. - Top - End - #221

Yeah, I've got one. And I'd love one of those Ferroseeds in return!

FC: 3912-5708-8983
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, it depends. Are clones like, able to be detected as TOTALLY LEGALLY obtained? If not, I'm fine with it. Oh, does it know Body Slam? It doesn't affect my answer either way (yeeeeeees) but it would be nice to know ahead of time.

This makes me think getting Darkrai, Mew, Shaymin and Arceus will be doable as well!

Anybody? yes, no?
    Clones are literally just clones of the pokemon in question. The game reads it as the same pokemon, so yes, it counts at TOTALLY LEGALLY obtained.

13. - Top - End - #223

Okay, I'll hatch one to make sure it is in fact Ferroseed. Shouldn't take too long.

And my FC is 3568 9786 8478
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

14. - Top - End - #224

Okay, I'll hatch one to make sure it is in fact Ferroseed. Shouldn't take too long.

And my FC is 3568 9786 8478
    Excellent. I'll be waiting.

EDIT: Uhm, are you having internet problems? Because we do not seem to be able to connect at all.
    Last edited by Goldfly; 2012-12-07 at 05:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

I don't know, my internet seems okay from the computer, but something's clearly wonky here.

16. - Top - End - #226

I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting, then.

EDIT: Alright, I'm going to delete and recreate my internet settings. Maybe that will help?
    Last edited by Goldfly; 2012-12-07 at 05:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

Is there a button prompt I'm missing or something? This is getting ridiculous.

18. - Top - End - #228

There we go! An hour later...

19. - Top - End - #229

Indeed. Success, though!

20. - Top - End - #230

Indeed. Success, though!
    I hope you enjoy her. N's Pidove is a parent, so it should at least have some decent IVs.

21. - Top - End - #231

I don't know about the IV's of the ferroseed, but one that came from the same batch of eggs has served me admirably.

22. - Top - End - #232

I don't know about the IV's of the ferroseed, but one that came from the same batch of eggs has served me admirably.
    Fantastic. And thank you very much.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. Apparently the type of your pokemon really does affect which areas you go to more often in the Dream World. When I tucked Heatran in (fyi don't do this - heatran is so big in the house, you can't access the treasure chest ) I got the Mountain about 8 times, and everything else once. Managed to farm up 6 Durants (all males ) before apparently running into the "no items/pokemon" thing, even though it's supposed to be gone.
    Morning Star

24. - Top - End - #234
    Barbarian in the Playground

before apparently running into the "no items/pokemon" thing, even though it's supposed to be gone.
    lolbulbapedia. Apparently whoever added that never tested it. The end date for the unplanned maintenance from the B/W2 update is wrong, too; it was back up on the 6th.
    Last edited by Ryuho Tsugu; 2012-12-08 at 08:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Where do you suppose the best place to level your 'mons before Elesa is? My team is between 20-26 right now.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Where do you suppose the best place to level your 'mons before Elesa is? My team is between 20-26 right now.
    In my experience, your best choice is the Pokemon Breeder in Lostlorn Forest, who can be challenged time and again like every other breeder in the game- and helps bring your finances up for purchasing curative items...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

27. - Top - End - #237

Back in my HeartGold playhrough, I just got past Morty in what was possibly the most dumb-luck manner possible.

I started out with Croconaw using Shadow Claw, but a lucky crit fainted it.

Thus, I ended up bringing out Togepi for the Ghost immunity and spammed Metronome + Ether.

And eventually, facing down his Gengar, the Metronome roulette got...Sacred Fire.

And I won.

Probably the most stupid gym victory I've ever gotten.
    LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #238

So nuzlocking FireRed is going ok so far. Managed to get past Brocke without any casualties, as Jackie Lee just Karate Chopped his team to pieces. Mount Moon got a little scary when the last trainer critted Starblazer down to 1 HP, but so far that's been the worst.

Of course, my current team looking to face Misty is a Charmeleon, Mankey, Pidgeotto, and Magikarp. I'm hoping the trainers leading to Bill can give the Magikarp the five levels I need it needs to evolve into Gyrados...
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

So your Mankey is an Irish singer?
    Shugenja (3.5 Base Class, Redux, Mostly Complete, Orders and Extra Material WIP)
    Planar Thaumaturge (3.5 Prestige Class, Complete)
    Event Horizon (3.5 Discipline, Mostly Complete)

Reposting the Martial Compendium (All the material I could recover from the old Wizards forums)

30. - Top - End - #240

Hahahaha, I suppose! I actually named it after the Magic player and because of the combo name between Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee. On the other hand, the thought of a monkey mixed martial artist card sharp belting out Europop to distract her opponents is somewhat amusing...
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450