New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I shall have to persuade my Mum to lend me her camera. But it could conceivably be done.
    If you did not live in the far and distant realm of Canada, I'd merely say to come round and look at them yourself, but alas, an impulsive flight to Australia is not the wisest use of money, particularly as they take some time to go through the whole process. So I shall be dutiful and take some photos every so often as they develop. And of course, of the resulting high potassium bounty.

It likely did not bear fruit because it didn't like growing indoors or the climate was all wrong for it. Could have been a variety incapable of parthenocopy, and thus not an edible variety anyway.

Also, interesting fact: A truckload of bananas produces enough radiation to set off alarms at US border crossings. Link.
    Hmm... that explains the mysterious profile of abilities I've developed since a banana bit me in July.

Do bananas need pollination? Maybe that's why. If they were incapable of parthenocopulation, couldn't they still have made [inedible] fruits? My knowledge of these matters is restricted to a fairly narrow band of temperate garden plants, you see.

But at any rate I look forwards to the possibility of watching your tree [TREE, IT'S A TREE, LALALALALALALA] from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Such a noble endeavour, but would your garden have enough space for all those trees? It didn't look all to large in those picture you posted of it, and most of the space was already claimed by the flowerbeds...
    You're right, there is alas no space for all the things I want without shading all the areas that need full sun. I won't be living in this house for more than a few more years [can I say zis? More than a few more?] anyways, so I look forwards to a garden closer to my dream in the next one.

Basically, yes. I found a site with few recipies, so I'm going to translate and transcribe the most classical one for your interest.

Classical glögg:
    Spoiler
    Show

Since a single batch is good enough for 15 glasses, I doubt the prudence of drinking it all in one go. The recipe doesn't say how to prepare it for storage, but I think you could just add the vodka and put it in the liquor cabinet to heat and serve at a later time.

I don't know enough of what effects a prolonged exposure to the seasoning will have on the brew, so I can't tell if it'd become better or worse from keeping them in the bottle during storage.
    Yaaaaay! Thank you Teddy. One point of clarification: the almonds and raisins are a snack eaten along with the drink, right? Or do you actually put them in the cups? I feel like that might be a stupid question, but I'm genuinely confused. I shall think of you when I drink it and send good vibrations; hopefully by then your winter will have stopped lingering grayly in the doorway.

I, .. I certainly wouldn't dream of drinking that recipe in one sitting by myself *looks around shiftily*

Oh no! I couldn't tell what day your birtday would be at, so I put off my congratulations until I'd get any more information, and accidently forgot about it all when it was time to go to bed.

Belated congratulations, good sir!
    Thank you! It was a lovely day.

Also, I noticed the link in your signature. My most common reaction to an image was "Wow, that's a lot of budgies", and some where rather cute, but my personal favourite is the last picture in the slideshow. A bare tree, revitalised by a swarm of budgies, brought back to its days of former glory.

Oh, imagine what I could do with such assets. I am become life, reincarnater of worlds.
    My favourite is the one that shows them going in the water. It makes me think of my first budgie and his baths in the sink. We couldn't turn on a tap without the sudden flapping of wings and a little green fluff appearing on our shoulder crawling down our arm.

If it were up to me, I would gladly consign to you a formidable mass of budgies for this work. Especially if they could be adapted to the cold, so they could also revitalize your gray environs for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Belated happy birthday to Kneenibble.
    Thank you, honourable Thighfire.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Happy Birthday Kneenibble! I hope you had a flocking good time! ^_^
    Thank you Succubussy. I tried to flock with Mabel, but she is moulting again and won't even speak to me. ;___; Her tail feathers fell out and she looks all stubby.

Okay... But an endless swarm of budgies would collapse under its own gravity and destroy the Universe as we know it...
    Alternatively, the budgies all starve to death and those that survive are forced into cannibalism.
    I, for one, shall hasten to usher forth the budgie apocalypse with offerings of burnt millet and little penguin toy fetishes.

Anyway... UNDERGROUND ORCHIDS! The world just keeps getting stranger and stranger...
    Did you know that? Australia has underground species of orchid? Orchids! Underground!

My worldview has been shattered and now I am merely repeating the fact that orchids can grow underground. One species of which never shows itself on the surface.

What was I saying?
    Oh yes. Australia is incredibly weird and wonderful, even more so than usual.
    That is so neat! I guggled this thing, and slaked my curiosity lustfully. It lives symbiotically with a fungus! How cool is that? Yay Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    ION:
    Miserable weather is miserable.
    Cold and wet and grey and miserable and wet and muddy and damp and cold and spitting and raining and windy with icy blasts of misery.
    Solution: tea and fanfic and more tea.
    Everything is better with tea.
    I agree: tea is a complete medicine. On the other hand, such cozinesses sublime the misery into goodness, do they not? But just in case tea and fanfic are not enough, here are some baby budgies in a blanket for you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I hate squirrels now.
    I was just walking to the bus, when I passed a trash can. This deranged squirrel proceeded to jump out of the trash can, catch one of its little squirrel claws on my brand new coat - tearing a hole in it - then scamper down my leg and away. So now whenever anyone asks about the giant hole in my new coat, I have to tell them "squirrel attack."
    What kind of coat is it? ;___; I'll kill him. I'll kill all of them.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

I hate squirrels now.
    I was just walking to the bus, when I passed a trash can. This deranged squirrel proceeded to jump out of the trash can, catch one of its little squirrel claws on my brand new coat - tearing a hole in it - then scamper down my leg and away. So now whenever anyone asks about the giant hole in my new coat, I have to tell them "squirrel attack."
    You are now legally obliged, whenever someone brings up the subject, to raise both your fists to the sky and scream "DAMN YOU, NUTKIN!!"

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tell me about it. The thick veil of the autumn, occupying the sky, feasting on what feeble sunlight has been granted your reality. A day of eternal dusk, no more verdant down low than what little you find up high. You weep, and the world shares your sorrow.

A silent elegy.

A symphony of misery.
    Any reason for your sudden descent into poesy that flirts daintily with melodrama? Perhaps you felt like scribing a contrast to my monotonously dull recitation that evoked the negative sides of more-winter-than-autumn by contrast it with the subtle beauties of the season?
    Or you felt felt like feeling fancy. Whichever.

Also, because it just occurred to me: Swedish poetry: what does it look like? Is it any good? Would you compare it to any other nation's poetry in any way? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I agree: tea is a complete medicine. On the other hand, such cozinesses sublime the misery into goodness, do they not? But just in case tea and fanfic are not enough, here are some baby budgies in a blanket for you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    First off: that picture is so adorable I squee'd so loud I woke up the Demon Cat. Admittedly she she cuddled up against my chest at the time . . .

Tonight calls for green tea with lemon, ending with sleepy tea - a soothing mix that smells similar to a pomander, most likely because it contains cinnanimaminaminamon, lemon and orange peel, and chamomile.
    Also valerian, a commonly used sedative. Something I am particularly grateful for, not only because I'm an insomniac, but also because it relieves cramps.

Also, Kneen darling, I have found the most fascinating titbit for you. A herbal that details the use of said herbs throughout history. Sadly thaat section is rather limited.

Tomorrow I think I shall have some cherry blossom tea, maybe jasmine. I am undecided.
    Ordinarily I would have more than six types of tea (including English Breakfast and Lady Grey), but a certain male parent of mine went and accidentally threw out over half my stock because 'it was out of date'. Here 'out of date' means 'he wanted more space to put his pasta and lentils for veggie stew'.
    No, he has not been forgiven.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nothing expensive, just a winter coat. Your reaction leads me to believe that you have your own beef with squirrels, however. Little vandal demon rodents.

You are now legally obliged, whenever someone brings up the subject, to raise both your fists to the sky and scream "DAMN YOU, NUTKIN!!"
    huh? I do not comprehend...
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-27 at 03:18 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ettin in the Playground

Tonight calls for green tea with lemon, ending with sleepy tea - a soothing mix that smells similar to a pomander, most likely because it contains cinnanimaminaminamon, lemon and orange peel, and chamomile. Also valerian, a commonly used sedative. Something I am particularly grateful for, not only because I'm an insomniac, but also because it relieves cramps.
    Have you tried adding a small amount of honey to your green tea with lemon? If you find the right flavour it compliments it wonderfully.

6. - Top - End - #1386

Have you tried adding a small amount of honey to your green tea with lemon? If you find the right flavour it compliments it wonderfully.
    Hmmm, I shall give it a go, I know we have half a pot of honey around here somewhere.

Now.
    I have a conundrum.
    See, I wasn't sure whether my sleepy tea had lemon balm in it, so I look up the site, and they have an entire section on teas, most of which I can't get in the local Tescos, so natch, I went browsing.
    Then for gits and shiggle I started adding teas I like the sound of to my basket.
    Then I found their boutique teas. This is the really good, expensive stuff, and now I really want some jasmine blossom silver needles white tea, and that fancy green tea from China - snow dragon green tea. Isn't that just the coolest name for tea ever?

BRB, hypothetically spending all my money on tea.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ettin in the Playground

READ THE DISCWORLD BOOK AS SOON AS YOU CAN! THEY ARE SO VERY, VERY GOOD!

ION:
    Cold and wet and grey and miserable and wet and muddy and damp and cold and spitting and raining and windy with icy blasts of misery.
    Agreed.

Hey, I like that kind of weather!

Tell me about it. The thick veil of the autumn, occupying the sky, feasting on what feeble sunlight has been granted your reality. A day of eternal dusk, no more verdant down low than what little you find up high. You weep, and the world shares your sorrow.

A silent elegy.

A symphony of misery.
    Ah, it never fails to cheer me up. It's very relaxing; a dull grey sky and and a a puddle here or there on the ground. Not uplifting or energizing weather, perhaps, but comfortable.
    A few odds and ends.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Any reason for your sudden descent into poesy that flirts daintily with melodrama? Perhaps you felt like scribing a contrast to my monotonously dull recitation that evoked the negative sides of more-winter-than-autumn by contrast it with the subtle beauties of the season?

Also, because it just occurred to me: Swedish poetry: what does it look like? Is it any good? Would you compare it to any other nation's poetry in any way? Why?
    The Teddifer, to my knowing, waxes poetic in this way quite regularly. He needs the waxy coating to protect against the withering of his drudgerous non-winter. Though -- like other rare finenesses -- it comes of misery, I enjoy its fruits from afar.

Actually I'd be curious to hear about Swedish poetry too. I only know that I adore August Strindberg, and a Danish woman once read a passage from Dance of Death for me in Swedish which gave me tingles of pleasure.

First off: that picture is so adorable I squee'd so loud I woke up the Demon Cat. Admittedly she she cuddled up against my chest at the time . . .

Tonight calls for green tea with lemon, ending with sleepy tea - a soothing mix that smells similar to a pomander, most likely because it contains cinnanimaminaminamon, lemon and orange peel, and chamomile.
    Also valerian, a commonly used sedative. Something I am particularly grateful for, not only because I'm an insomniac, but also because it relieves cramps.

Also, Kneen darling, I have found the most fascinating titbit for you. A herbal that details the use of said herbs throughout history. Sadly thaat section is rather limited.

Tomorrow I think I shall have some cherry blossom tea, maybe jasmine. I am undecided.
    Ordinarily I would have more than six types of tea (including English Breakfast and Lady Grey), but a certain male parent of mine went and accidentally threw out over half my stock because 'it was out of date'. Here 'out of date' means 'he wanted more space to put his pasta and lentils for veggie stew'.
    Thank you for the herbal! I love that kind of thing. I know well the pungent reek of Valerian root, indeed I remember fondly a short story in the student creative writing journal a few years ago about a boy and an old man going to dig them in the marsh. -- perusing this makes me really want to eat a marshmallow root.

Enjoy your teas and tisanes! They all sound fabulous. Tell your father that his priorities are gravely out of order.

Nothing expensive, just a winter coat. Your reaction leads me to believe that you have your own beef with squirrels, however. Little vandal demon rodents.
    Yes! Lousy varmints! This old Italian lady across the street insists on feeding the fat gray ones peanuts, which they buried in my garden beds all summer, upsetting the growth of my precious precious children. I will put out squirrel traps next year and stew them with my own vegetables, I swear to Saturn.

Hmmm, I shall give it a go, I know we have half a pot of honey around here somewhere.

Now.
    I have a conundrum.
    See, I wasn't sure whether my sleepy tea had lemon balm in it, so I look up the site, and they have an entire section on teas, most of which I can't get in the local Tescos, so natch, I went browsing.
    Then for gits and shiggle I started adding teas I like the sound of to my basket.
    Then I found their boutique teas. This is the really good, expensive stuff, and now I really want some jasmine blossom silver needles white tea, and that fancy green tea from China - snow dragon green tea. Isn't that just the coolest name for tea ever?

I see a single estate Darjeeling in there.

BUY BUY BUY

9. - Top - End - #1389

So, in strange news today, a man in Toronto was just charged with Pretending to Practice Witchcraft.

After a short search, this is apparently not all that uncommon. Turns out if you're getting people's money saying you can heal them, if you don't have that power it's a special type of fraud. There has been at least one case each year for the past 3 years...
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2012-11-27 at 04:24 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

10. - Top - End - #1390

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Hey, I like that kind of weather!

[...]

Ah, it never fails to cheer me up. It's very relaxing; a dull grey sky and and a a puddle here or there on the ground. Not uplifting or energizing weather, perhaps, but comfortable.
    It's been like that since my village flooded fairly badly on Saturday (and was like that before), everywhere around here is saturated to the point where he you push on the moss on the Church walls they disgorge an enormous amount of water.
    I'd like a bit of sun or warmth is all I'm saying.

The Teddifer, to my knowing, waxes poetic in this way quite regularly. He needs the waxy coating to protect against the withering of his drudgerous non-winter. Though -- like other rare finenesses -- it comes of misery, I enjoy its fruits from afar.

Actually I'd be curious to hear about Swedish poetry too. I only know that I adore August Strindberg, and a Danish woman once read a passage from Dance of Death for me in Swedish which gave me tingles of pleasure.
    Hehe, I suppose that's true. However, sometimes monotony is wonderful for poetry - if it's the right language - I personally enjoy even the wisdom poetry in Old English even though it's very formulaic, and the King James Bible's language is a special beauty all it's own for all it's simplicity.

And I do concede that half of my curiosity about Swedish (and Scandinavian poetry in general) stems from wondering how it's similar to Old English poetry and the Icelandic eddas. Even though technicallythe term 'Scandinavian language' applies usually only applies to Swedish, Danish and Norwegian.
    So perhaps I should open up 'Scandinavian language poetry' to North Germanic language poetry.
    Oh the joys of linguistic pedantry.

Thank you for the herbal! I love that kind of thing. I know well the pungent reek of Valerian root, indeed I remember fondly a short story in the student creative writing journal a few years ago about a boy and an old man going to dig them in the marsh. -- perusing this makes me really want to eat a marshmallow root.

Enjoy your teas and tisanes! They all sound fabulous. Tell your father that his priorities are gravely out of order.
    I thought it'd be right up your alley, especially as you seem to be cultivating a most varied and delightful sounding garden of culinary delights. And of course, you're a tea fancier, so knowing a little extra about the ingredients found in teas and tisanes would be fascinating.

And trust me, when I found out Dad'd chucked all of my fruit tisanes and left only one herbal tisane, ditched both of my green teas (before I bought a replacement), half of my black teas and - worst of all - two unopened loose leaf teas that I was saving until I'd purchased a tea strainer I flipped my lid.
    And he chucked my Earl Grey too.

I see a single estate Darjeeling in there.

BUY BUY BUY
    If I bought everything I wanted I'd basically be spending £100 on tea. As it is I plan to point out this site to a certain parent of mine with a handy list entitled:
    Teas on This Site That I Would Like to Try.

Also, Kneen darling, would you be interested in a play called Laila Majnu?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

You're right, there is alas no space for all the things I want without shading all the areas that need full sun. I won't be living in this house for more than a few more years [can I say zis? More than a few more?] anyways, so I look forwards to a garden closer to my dream in the next one.
    A sweet dream...

Yaaaaay! Thank you Teddy. One point of clarification: the almonds and raisins are a snack eaten along with the drink, right? Or do you actually put them in the cups? I feel like that might be a stupid question, but I'm genuinely confused. I shall think of you when I drink it and send good vibrations; hopefully by then your winter will have stopped lingering grayly in the doorway.
    We traditionally put them in the cups, but you could go either way, really. Some recipies even use them as a part of the seasoning, but urge you to take them out of the drink and eat them along with it, or even use them in other cooking. Myself, however, I'd do as tradition dictates.

I, .. I certainly wouldn't dream of drinking that recipe in one sitting by myself *looks around shiftily*
    I knew I wrote that for a good reason.

My favourite is the one that shows them going in the water. It makes me think of my first budgie and his baths in the sink. We couldn't turn on a tap without the sudden flapping of wings and a little green fluff appearing on our shoulder crawling down our arm.
    Naww... :3

If it were up to me, I would gladly consign to you a formidable mass of budgies for this work. Especially if they could be adapted to the cold, so they could also revitalize your gray environs for you.
    Yay!

Spiteful, actually. This accursed weather has been raining on me all day, and ever since I woke up early this morning, it's been dark to pitch black outside. It's almost December, I haven't seen a single flake of snow in two weeks and I desperately long for something to brighten up my life. In the meantime, I write romantic harangues about the weather. I find it terapeutic.

I'm hardly learned on the subject, so I dare not speak out of fear of doing it injustice. I'm not a great consumer of poetry, or literature at all to start with. I could tell you about our science and industry, or what great news have transpired in the latest time, or even politics (but not here, and you'd have to suffer the great deals of scornful sarcasm in my analyses), but, alas, not poetry.

It sounds like you need your own private tea stash, hidden in the darkest corner or behind that loose brick in the flagstone.

Pfft, seeing how you're a university student, that's hardly especially impressive.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-27 at 04:30 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

It's been like that since my village flooded fairly badly on Saturday (and was like that before), everywhere around here is saturated to the point where he you push on the moss on the Church walls they disgorge an enormous amount of water.
    I'd like a bit of sun or warmth is all I'm saying.
    I think you have a bit more water than I do.

We can't be having that, now. More grey! More mud!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    So, in strange news today, a man in Toronto was just charged with Pretending to Practice Witchcraft.

After a short search, this is apparently not all that uncommon. Turns out if you're getting people's money saying you can heal them, if you don't have that power it's a special type of fraud. There has been at least one case each year for the past 3 years...
    Heh, that's hilarious! Do they just fine you, or is there actually a prison sentence?
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #1393

Heh, that's hilarious! Do they just fine you, or is there actually a prison sentence?

Maximum sentence of six months in jail and/or a $2,000 fine. Generally also piled onto charges of Fraud.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

You forgot the rain and having to cycle your way through it both to and from your institution of higher level education.

Also, rain brings not a puddle here and there, but puddles everywhere. Unless it's a recently paved road, in which case it just turns into an equally uniform and ubiquitous layer all over the surface.

Well, I would do it out of joy as well, but there's very little for me to describe in such mood right now, and I doubt you'd like to hear of my highly technical programming endeavours.

A Danish woman once read to you in Swedish?
    Does not compute!

(To explain this outbreak, it's a bit like if I would tell you that a New Zealandish woman read something to me in Canadian. )

That said, I won't doubt that you'd react the same way to "proper" Swedish.

And I do concede that half of my curiosity about Swedish (and Scandinavian poetry in general) stems from wondering how it's similar to Old English poetry and the Icelandic eddas. Even though technicallythe term 'Scandinavian language' applies usually only applies to Swedish, Danish and Norwegian.
    So perhaps I should open up 'Scandinavian language poetry' to North Germanic language poetry.
    Oh the joys of linguistic pedantry.
    Well, time brings modernisation, and modernisation brings new cultural influences. I can't express myself with certainity, but I do fear that you wouldn't find much of that calibre today...

No, if you want more traditionalistic poetry, I think you should head to Iceland. They're a lot more language conservative than anyone else of us Nordics, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've held on to their poetic traditions as well.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ettin in the Playground

Maximum sentence of six months in jail and/or a $2,000 fine. Generally also piled onto charges of Fraud.
    Oh. Well, that rather takes the fun out of being charged with fake witchcraft.

You forgot the rain and having to cycle your way through it both to and from your institution of higher level education.

Also, rain brings not a puddle here and there, but puddles everywhere. Unless it's a recently paved road, in which case it just turns into an equally uniform and ubiquitous layer all over the surface.
    I'd rather walk or take the bus...

I didn't mean when it was raining... I meant before or after rain, when it's just uniformly grey (a light rain is nice, though).

I suppose that depends on how much rain we're talking here.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-27 at 05:27 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh. Well, that rather takes the fun out of being charged with fake witchcraft.

I'd rather walk or take the bus...

I didn't mean when it was raining... I meant before or after rain, when it's just uniformly grey (a light rain is nice, though).

I suppose that depends on how much rain we're talking here.
    But instead you get
    to experience prison
    How bad could it be?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Colossus in the Playground

How?! Why?! Was there someone with a rabid hatred of plays and the theatre in your school/school district?
    Nope! Infact, our school has their own huge auditorium and we put on a lot of shows every year. But that's the thing. All the plays and stuff were focused on over there in Drama class. We never did any plays in English.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    But instead you get
    to experience prison
    How bad could it be?
    Oh dear, not haikus;
    They have robbed me of sanity
    With their syllables.

Talking in this way
    In a manner most bewitched
    Has again begun.
    A few odds and ends.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

I am confused. I thought the Demon Cat had passed away.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

20. - Top - End - #1400

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I am confused. I thought the Demon Cat had passed away.
    Clearly that's just an example of how loud she was.

21. - Top - End - #1401

frown Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Wonderful, nervous breakdown.

AGAIN.

I hate how stressful school is. This is killing me.

Not literally. Just...

I'm really scared.

ACtually, I probably should post in the Dep thread, if that place didn't make me feel worse. Can I just get hugs from you guys and make the Bad Things go away?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post

AGAIN.

Not literally. Just...

I'm really scared.

ACtually, I probably should post in the Dep thread, if that place didn't make me feel worse. Can I just get hugs from you guys and make the Bad Things go away?
    *HUGS*

You know you have my support behind you 200%. Always here for you Moony.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: *stealth hug*

AGAIN.

Not literally. Just...

I'm really scared.

*hugs*

Eat some bacon. I always feel better after eating bacon.
    A few odds and ends.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ettin in the Playground

I am not sure. I do not believe it is Gershwin, though I would very much not mind being wrong in that regard.
    I for one find it rather difficult to decide between An American in Paris and Rhapsody in Blue. They are both excellent in so many ways.
    I myself prefer the Rhapsody for its modular properties, An American in Paris is a piece, Rhapsody in Blue has this ability to remain itself even when you move things around, but American in Paris does have a more consistent theme.
    Then you will support my new world peace strategy: mass genocide.
    In turn, a humble proposal for the elimination of recessions...
    I hate squirrels now.
    You are formally invited to squirrel hunting along myself, a horse shall be provided for you if you lack one of your own. Hunting rifles are also offered but if you wish to partake with a bow and arrows you are allowed to do so.

Peregrine falcon optional and we take squirrel safety at heart, no use of hounds, just komodo dragons for a dignified death.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Bugbear in the Playground

AGAIN.

Not literally. Just...

I'm really scared.

*hugsquishes*
    Take as many hugs as you need. I've got plenty to give.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    You are formally invited to squirrel hunting along myself, a horse shall be provided for you if you lack one of your own. Hunting rifles are also offered but if you wish to partake with a bow and arrows you are allowed to do so.

Peregrine falcon optional and we take squirrel safety at heart, no use of hounds, just komodo dragons for a dignified death.
    ...You had me at "horse."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

AGAIN.

Not literally. Just...

I'm really scared.

The pain of school caused stress is known to me, but I do not allow myself to worry enough to cause a breakdown. Periods of self dissapointment and sadness, yes. But i have avoided breakdowns. Caused by school, at least.

Anyways, *huggglllllle ALL the catmoon*
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-27 at 10:39 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ettin in the Playground

So... Many... Replies...
    You people and your being interesting! Anyway... Long long long post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    We have evil spiders!
    Firstly, you're just an arachnophobe. Your opinion doesn't matter. There are just as many, if not more, species of spider with potentially fatal venom native to the continental United States as there are to Australia.
    As a point of comparison, the Black Widow of America has claimed more lives in a shorter period of time than the comparatively more lethal Funnel-web Spider of Australia, often regarded to be the most dangerous spider in the world.
    In fact, deaths from spider bites are exceedingly rare. Most spider bites merely result in discomfit and many are less painful than bee stings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Ahem. *points to self*

Edit: Also, could we get a link to the evidence of underground orchids?! Orchids are my favorite flower, so I find the idea facinating.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizanthella
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizanthella_gardneri
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizanthella_slateri

Unfortunately, they're endangered and were probably exceedingly rare to begin with.

Looks brown to me. Given, some spots are a bit difficult to analyse at this low resolution, and could be leaves rather than budgie wings...
    Trust me. It's foliage.

You know, Sweden gets several months of drought each year as well. The only difference is that we call it "winter" over here.
    If snow falls, then it doesn't count because that's precipitated moisture.
    Admittedly, it's in a solid crystallised form, but it makes no difference.

Well, I suppose some of our evergreens could stand a fighting chance thanks to having a protective wax layer over their needles, but yeah, the trees wouldn't know how to react, even if they possess the tools...
    Depends where you planted them. But usually, no. Most non-native plants that people around here grow are from Mediterranean or tropical/subtropical climates. That's not to say you can't grow others, but they need to be particularly resilient and not be of the kind that requires a period of frost or dormancy due to cold. They get frost down South, but here, no.

That depends. I never said that there would be an infinite amount of budgies present at the same moment, only that the swarm would be endless, or ineradicable. Perhaps they spawn in budgie/anti-budgie pairs with energy borrowed from the future, and then fly off to their respective swarms...
    Oh, that kind of endless. I had assumed you meant the kind of endless in which the swarm covers all reality.
    And you know, you really shouldn't borrow energy from the future without asking first...

Well, I do prefer reading to actual experimentation, most of the time, especially when it involves someone's health. But it was an unmissable opportunity.

And many of my walls of text are essays in disguise. I think people would get worried if I went a while without a wall of text. They'd also be pretty relieved (perhaps) that they'd not have to read/skim aforementioned wall-o'-text.
    Oh well then... In that case it's understandable. Though one should always avoid floodwaters due to the hidden dangers associated with them.
    Health and safety away!~

Well, you've got to keep in practice somehow. I myself am incredibly rusty when it comes to essays.

Well I can understand that some people might find the anti-Semitic sentiments in Merchant uncomfortable to read and study. I'd actually have leapt at the chance to do Merchant. I'm guessing that Macbeth was mandatory in Y11 from your wording?
    Never read the other two plays though, but I am told The Crucible is interesting.
    Yes. Macbeth was mandatory. No real problem with that as it was an enjoyable read.
    Indeed. The Crucible is quite well written. I suggest looking into it. And don't bother with The One Day. It was written in the fifties in regards to a social issue of the time. It's not enjoyable to read; it's dull, nothing really happens and the characters are identical at the start of the play and at the end with only one character showing any real growth. Furthermore, the social issue in question was resolved and wasn't really that interesting to examine.

I suppose. If it encourages people to look beyond the usual viewpoints I don't think it's awful.
    Precisely. Or as Hercule Poirot would say; Precisely. (But in French)

Oi!
    Just because it was popular doesn't mean it's not worth studying! This is why popular and popular prose romances are overlooked. Just because they were popular or derivative doesn't mean they should be overlooked.
    If anything, popular entertainment is worth studying to find out what was commonly used, to extrapolate why a certain trope/mytheme/story wasn't as common/popular/fell out of use and so on.
    After all, if it was popular there has to be a reason.
    I was merely stating it in response to those who were complaining about certain elements of Shakespeare's works.

:systemcrash:
    Please wait while system reboots.
    . . .
    . . .
    :reboots:

READ THE DISCWORLD BOOK AS SOON AS YOU CAN! THEY ARE SO VERY, VERY GOOD!
    Hmm... That's the second time you've crashed recently...
    And don't worry. I plan to when I make more time to read. And have the money to buy some more books.
    And a bookshelf. I'd read more often if I could see my books to get distracted by them. As it is, they're all in a box in my cupboard and I hardly ever spend any time in the living room to be distracted by the books kept there.

ION:
    Not everything... Aside from the fact that I hate tea, I'm sure pouring tea on necrotic tissue wouldn't make it any better. Though having tea to drink while suffering from necrosis would likely make one's situation more bearable if one were a drinker of tea.
    And in response to your everything is cold and miserable; everything here is hot and sunny.

Hmm... that explains the mysterious profile of abilities I've developed since a banana bit me in July.

Do bananas need pollination? Maybe that's why. If they were incapable of parthenocopulation, couldn't they still have made [inedible] fruits? My knowledge of these matters is restricted to a fairly narrow band of temperate garden plants, you see.

But at any rate I look forwards to the possibility of watching your tree [TREE, IT'S A TREE, LALALALALALALA] from afar.
    It depends on whether it is a cultivated, and thus sterile, variety or a wild, and thus inedible, variety.
    *Parthenocarpy. Sorry, spelt it wrong. Not at all related to Parthenogenesis. There is no viable offspring produced, merely seedless fruit. Hence, pollination is not required.
    However, you did state that it was kept by the biology department, so it could well have been a wild variety incapable of producing fruit that way. And hence, with only one plant, there would have been no possibility of pollination.

...It's not a tree... And there are three of them flowering at the moment. Two have just started. I'll have to wait for better lighting at the moment. Right now, the glare from the Sun would ruin most attempts at photographing them.

I, for one, shall hasten to usher forth the budgie apocalypse with offerings of burnt millet and little penguin toy fetishes.
    You'll doom us all!

That is so neat! I guggled this thing, and slaked my curiosity lustfully. It lives symbiotically with a fungus! How cool is that? Yay Australia.
    It is suitably cool. Unfortunately, they are so very rare.

Go to England and kill all the grey squirrels there. You might be able to get a knighthood out of doing so.

Hmm... Maybe that's what I need... I'll have to discuss it with a doctor before hand because I don't want to accidentally kill myself if it interacts badly with my medication.

Tea goes 'out of date'? I can understand it losing its potency, but surely if it's properly stored it can last indefinitely?
    And how much pasta does he need? My Mum goes shopping weekly to feed five, at one point eight, people. We have never run out of room for tea and pasta in the pantry. Admittedly, it's an unordered chaos, but there's still room left over.

Sounds about right. The government needs to protect people from unscrupulous individuals who make claims of supernatural power solely to get at people's wallets. Of course, not everywhere has a specific "Pretending to Practice Witchcraft" law...

I myself prefer the Rhapsody for its modular properties, An American in Paris is a piece, Rhapsody in Blue has this ability to remain itself even when you move things around, but American in Paris does have a more consistent theme.
    Hmm... The Rhapsody would have to be my favourite as well now that I think of it... Though there are times when I prefer to listen to An American in Paris.
    Damn this concerto is comparatively boring... I don't get it, but I often find concertos to be a bit of a drag. I went to a performance of one once, can't remember which, and I have to say that it seemed more of a performance to show off the technical skill of the soloist than art.
    Don't get me wrong, it was well performed, but it felt like there were sections added to bulk up the length rather than fulfil any real purpose.

Hmm... Horse riding and falconry... I have never done both as I have never had the opportunity to, but I have always desired that someday I would have the time and money to do so.
    Well, more the horse riding than the falconry, but falcons are pretty cool.

AGAIN.

Not literally. Just...

I'm really scared.

I had a picture prepared for just such an event in order to make you feel better, but I misplaced it. So I shall delve through my Favourites on DeviantArt to find the most adorable picture I can.
    Why do I have so many pictures of ponies playing the piano?

Anyway... Have a kitty!

And hugs. Lots of hugs.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... The Rhapsody would have to be my favourite as well now that I think of it... Though there are times when I prefer to listen to An American in Paris.
    Damn this concerto is comparatively boring... I don't get it, but I often find concertos to be a bit of a drag. I went to a performance of one once, can't remember which, and I have to say that it seemed more of a performance to show off the technical skill of the soloist than art.
    Don't get me wrong, it was well performed, but it felt like there were sections added to bulk up the length rather than fulfil any real purpose.
    Concertos are MEANT to be showing off in relation to a particular skill or technique. Someone just happened to say, hey, we should add more instruments to not have the orchestra sit there while the soloist grows in ego and tadaa, you've got an audience. Some are quite musically interesting, others are more dynamically interesting.
    Hmm... Horse riding and falconry... I have never done both as I have never had the opportunity to, but I have always desired that someday I would have the time and money to do so.
    Well, more the horse riding than the falconry, but falcons are pretty cool.
    Horse riding is less expensive then many may believe, at least learning. Falconry is also not as expensive as one would think. Been participant of the first and a friend of mine practices the second one as a hobby and I once tried to inquire into it for raven training for a performance of "The Raven".
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-27 at 11:25 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ettin in the Playground

Concertos are MEANT to be showing off in relation to a particular skill or technique. Someone just happened to say, hey, we should add more instruments to not have the orchestra sit there while the soloist grows in ego and tadaa, you've got an audience. Some are quite musically interesting, others are more dynamically interesting.
    I know. But the one I was saw was reminiscent of a technical exercise to my mind, the kind of thing one would play to practice. Oh well, I suppose I shouldn't complain. I can't play the violin at all.

Horse riding is less expensive then many may believe, at least learning. Falconry is also not as expensive as one would think. Been participant of the first and a friend of mine practices the second one as a hobby and I once tried to inquire into it for raven training for a performance of "The Raven".
    That may be true, but we've never had very much money because of my family's circumstances. It wouldn't feel right to spend it on what I feel would be a frivolous pursuit until I'm earning it myself. Until then, my frivolities will have to be of the variety that require little or no expenditure.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ettin in the Playground

I know. But the one I was saw was reminiscent of a technical exercise to my mind, the kind of thing one would play to practice. Oh well, I suppose I shouldn't complain. I can't play the violin at all.
    They ARE technical exercises; meant to be used as training in some particular skill or technique.
    That may be true, but we've never had very much money because of my family's circumstances. It wouldn't feel right to spend it on what I feel would be a frivolous pursuit until I'm earning it myself. Until then, my frivolities will have to be of the variety that require little or no expenditure.
    Part time job at stables allows you to learn how to deal with horses and provides money if you want to get into equitation.