New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread XI: Jeb startled the Witch!

Because they're part of the Thaumcraft research system, which has lots of hidden things not everyone wants spoiled. And apparently some people are annoyed by mod talk. Go figure.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

Oracle, I've since realized that the transmutator is actually visible from the beginning (I'd been watching a Let's Play). I've also remembered that there is an option in the mod's config file to disable it altogether, as it can be overpowered with other mods, and if you're using a mod pack it is probably just disabled by default in that pack. You'll have to enable it if you want to use it.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

ShneekeyCraft has updated to 1.6.2.

I am using Mekanism as the ore processing and automation mod, since Thermal Expansion has not yet been updated. It also does not contain MFR, which also has not been updated yet.

Many of the 'optional' mods have vanished, unfortunately, since most of them have also not been updated yet. As they update, they will be included.

Having said that, the mod pack is largely intact. Mekanism is really doing a surprisingly amazing job at being Thermal Expansion's kid brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Why spoilers for mod content? Surely then those that don't want to read vanilla content could then demand spoilers for those as well.
    Back on page 34 (not to be confused with rule 34), there was concern that mod discussion was getting a bit out of control, I'm just trying to keep it wrangled. Frankly, I don't give two expletives about keeping mods secret and exploratory, but I don't want to flood the forum with a bunch of threads for all the different mod configurations that will all die out in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    Oracle, I've since realized that the transmutator is actually visible from the beginning (I'd been watching a Let's Play). I've also remembered that there is an option in the mod's config file to disable it altogether, as it can be overpowered with other mods, and if you're using a mod pack it is probably just disabled by default in that pack. You'll have to enable it if you want to use it.
    Turns out the situation was that my book was glitched up, I can actually craftconjuresummonbuild the arcane transmutator (and I even did!), it just does not appear in my thaumomnomicon. I can't read the manual on how it works, but I guess that might be a plus for me.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Orc in the Playground

hey guys do any of u chaps know how i could start my own minecraft thread

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Firbolg in the Playground

Is there a need to? This one covers everything in one for or another.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Updated WorldGroups
    -Fixed ender chest contents being lost on death if you die and then respawn in a different group.
    *Beginning set-up of beta server

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just a thought: with 1.7 changing world gen, and as such giving as good a reason to clean slate the server as any: What if we switched to vanilla when 1.7 (or 1.7.1, given how the buggy the major releases are) comes out?

Maybe I'm just in the wrong timezone for peak times, but I'm not seeing many players at all, certainly not enough to justify multiverse, and I feel that being generally way behind on minecraft versions is no small part of that.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

As sad as i am that i never finished by big "trollplace" build like i wanted to, that thing was started back before full release, before sandstone stairs were even a thing. the point is it's old, and i doubt it'll ever be done, even if the area around it was absolutely awsome, and i'd hate to see it go.

that said, i think i'd be up for a complete map redo 100% vanilla, maybe like, that one mod that lets you get the head of whoever you kill, but asside from that it sounds good, and i'd be able to play on the server again since we wouldn't need to be waiting for all the mods to update just to update the server itself.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2013-08-30 at 12:46 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Troll in the Playground

I'll never understand what people like so much about starting anew in minecraft. Likewise, given that the ability to play previous versions is now built in to the official minecraft launcher, I don't see what's wrong with running one or two updates below current, the stuff in plug-ins personally interests me more than the stuff that's being added in these releases.

Then again, I'm admittedly hardly on, so I guess I shouldn't be talking.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

I can understand starting anew on occasion. I find that having limitless resources available stifles my creativity a bit, as I no longer need to build anything at that point. I don't really care to make things that are totally useless, and I'm not really very good at making cool castles and such so I tend to lose interest in making things cool but only mildly useful.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

well normally I’m against deleting worlds and starting new ones as it feels like all of my work has been for nothing, all the stuff I’ve built or collected is gone and all the effort i put into it is meaningless now.

but the thing is in this specific case, i haven't been able to log onto the scuzzball server since 1.4 ish, and we're in 1.6 now and nearing 1.7. any connection to the server that I’ve had is gone, and any draw to it drained away when i saw everyone only talking about feed the beast and tekket stuff, heck even when i was able to log on i was always the only one on, and i couldn't jump from world to world like i could before, so any projects i had going on in RP world couldn't be worked on since i was trapped in hardcore 2.

with just a single world however, everything is all in one place and you need only walk a certain distance before you get to where you need to be, no needing to fickle about with teleport commands or anything like that, and with an unmodded world, you can actually use nether portals for their intended purpose and go to an actual nether with them and travel to other parts of the same world by building another nether portal several blocks away.

but all of that is just my own opinion.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    Just a thought: with 1.7 changing world gen, and as such giving as good a reason to clean slate the server as any: What if we switched to vanilla when 1.7 (or 1.7.1, given how the buggy the major releases are) comes out?

Maybe I'm just in the wrong timezone for peak times, but I'm not seeing many players at all, certainly not enough to justify multiverse, and I feel that being generally way behind on minecraft versions is no small part of that.
    Considering the spawn world is from the Beta, I'm for a complete reset. Especially considering much of the world is taken up by players that are no longer playing.

Edit: Like myself, for instance.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2013-08-30 at 03:55 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1394

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post

but the thing is in this specific case, i haven't been able to log onto the scuzzball server since 1.4 ish, and we're in 1.6 now and nearing 1.7. any connection to the server that I’ve had is gone, and any draw to it drained away when i saw everyone only talking about feed the beast and tekket stuff, heck even when i was able to log on i was always the only one on, and i couldn't jump from world to world like i could before, so any projects i had going on in RP world couldn't be worked on since i was trapped in hardcore 2.

By nearing you mean some time in the next 2 years right? Seriously, there's no snapshots out there, there's no planned release date, nothing to indicate that the update will be soon.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

15. - Top - End - #1395

What kind of distance from spawn does the endless ocean kick in?
    Been slogging across one for a long time now and im seeing less and less in small islands.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #1396

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    What kind of distance from spawn does the endless ocean kick in?
    Been slogging across one for a long time now and im seeing less and less in small islands.
    I cant tell you that because I don't know. I decided to travel north at one point and walked around 5000m north, hit an ocean that lasted for 15km before I hit a decent sized island (had two biomes on it). Walked on that island for ~2km then got back to the ocean and gave up for the day.
    Long-form Sig

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

So... I just happened across my first stronghold. I was in an extreme cliffs biome, and had landed in a cool looking crater on top of this mountain because it had lots of cotton plants and I wanted string. I decided that it looked like such a cool place I was exploring it to set up a base. While wandering down there, I suddenly see bricks ahead. And since there's just about only one thing I know that spawns as bricks. Kind of awesome, though now I have to fill in all twelve slots in the portal.

I've never actually been to the end. I'm not sure if I want to go.

18. - Top - End - #1398

im sure it'll be a cakewalk with whatever power armour you have on
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

The End really isn't all that hard. In fact, I'd say that it's safer than the Nether. Make sure you bring a bow and plenty of arrows or another ranged weapon, a good pick, and decent armor, and you should be OK.

The hard part about killing the Ender Dragon is destroying enough of the crystals that she can't just outheal your damage. She's not really all that damaging, especially since if you hit her while she's charging she'll break off the attack run. If you have any items that allow you to fly, dragonslaying is a cakewalk.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ettin in the Playground

The End really isn't all that hard. In fact, I'd say that it's safer than the Nether. Make sure you bring a bow and plenty of arrows or another ranged weapon, a good pick, and decent armor, and you should be OK.

The hard part about killing the Ender Dragon is destroying enough of the crystals that she can't just outheal your damage. She's not really all that damaging, especially since if you hit her while she's charging she'll break off the attack run. If you have any items that allow you to fly, dragonslaying is a cakewalk.
    Or sufficiently advanced voltz firepower.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

21. - Top - End - #1401

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    and i couldn't jump from world to world like i could before,
    uh yes you can. just use /wg to go between worldgroups, and in spawn there's a portal to all the other worlds.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

Less dangerous than the nether? Good to hear. I tend to have bad experiences in the nether, even with armor.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Less dangerous than the nether? Good to hear. I tend to have bad experiences in the nether, even with armor.
    Just wear a pumpkin on your head and you'll do fine. You can start what I like to call an EnderChain by accidentally sweeping your gaze across several endermen trying to get a bead on the dragon. Then in the process of dealing with the resulting pissed off endermen, you can accidentally meet gazes of even more endermen in the area, particularly if you are on a 'hill' and looking down to 'kill da feets' and just happen to end up at eye-level with endermen downhill.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    uh yes you can. just use /wg to go between worldgroups, and in spawn there's a portal to all the other worlds.
    past tense. that was when i was able to get on the server at all.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Just wear a pumpkin on your head and you'll do fine. You can start what I like to call an EnderChain by accidentally sweeping your gaze across several endermen trying to get a bead on the dragon. Then in the process of dealing with the resulting pissed off endermen, you can accidentally meet gazes of even more endermen in the area, particularly if you are on a 'hill' and looking down to 'kill da feets' and just happen to end up at eye-level with endermen downhill.
    Oh, and the bottomless chasms. Those can hurt as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Bugbear in the Playground

She? I always peg dragons as male for some reason, mostly chromatic ones though. Eh, better not get into it or I'll be mobbed with Feminazis. Not that I have anything against women. Ugh. End transmission.

EDIT: Server's broken.
    Last edited by Phhase; 2013-09-01 at 08:18 PM.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

27. - Top - End - #1407

Up now.
    PS. Please PM me when the server goes down, you're just lucky that I happened to check the thread right now.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Once the dragon's dead, it could be argued that its easier than the Overworld, since Enderman aren't technically hostile, and their spawning is affected by light.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    She? I always peg dragons as male for some reason, mostly chromatic ones though. Eh, better not get into it or I'll be mobbed with Feminazis. Not that I have anything against women. Ugh. End transmission.
    On minecraftwiki's page on the Ender Dragon, it states that Notch referred to the Ender Dragon as female. Also, she is apparently named Jean?, just as the main player character is named Steve?. So yes, canonically, the Ender Dragon is most appropriately referred to with feminine pronouns

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

To my knowledge, most males of species do not have the capacity to lay eggs, which would make the existence of the Dragon Egg troublesome if the EnderDragon were not female.
    Spoiler
    Show