New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1510
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

May I propose a new rule in common knowledge?

The Law of Mason Claiming: Each claim of mason MUST be larger than the previous.
    I made my name too long, so just call me "AsteronI."

Spoiler: WW story
    Show
    About to die as wolf.
    Claims mason.
    Gets counter-claimed
    Baner dies by auto-lynch

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    Hey guys, so I'm new to werewolf games. Had Ruki explain to me the rules and decided to join one of the ones that are recruiting.

Try not to kill me too fast
    Don't worry your death narration will be especially gruesome.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AsteronIronhoof View Post
    May I propose a new rule in common knowledge?

The Law of Mason Claiming: Each claim of mason MUST be larger than the previous.
    It ismentertaining and a good strategy for grabbing attention. Does the size reset each day night cycle?

Also, great sig.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    It ismentertaining and a good strategy for grabbing attention. Does the size reset each day night cycle?

Also, great sig.
    No, each consecutive claim is larger than the last, so if the first claim was this big, the second claim would be this big, and it keeps on going until the end of the game. If you wish, bolding and CAPITALIZATION may be added
    I made my name too long, so just call me "AsteronI."

Spoiler: WW story
    Show
    About to die as wolf.
    Claims mason.
    Gets counter-claimed
    Baner dies by auto-lynch

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sailor Moon Werewolf Adaption is now recuiting.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

Please critique the two proposed werewolf roles. One is a new version of a previous idea.

The Lone Wolf starts out not knowing who the other wolves are. However, he is given the results of the Devil's scries, and is given a nightkill following the lynching of any wolf-aligned player. Also given the "beast" ability.

The Huntsman receives a nightkill only following the lynching of a village-aligned player. If he hits a villager with this ability, his next available nightkill is denied to him. If in a scenario with a Lone Wolf, if the Lone Wolf is lynched and the Huntsman votes to lynch the Lone Wolf, the beast ability of the Lone Wolf is negated.

How do these sound?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Pixie in the Playground

I still think the Lone Wolf will be too passive. He can't pick the scry target, so he's dependent on the Devil, and he can't do anything about the scry target unless the village lynches a wolf so he's dependent on the village too. You end up with a horrible Cassandra role where you know what should be done but you can't do anything about it, but it's powerful enough that they won't want to draw a kill and use the Beast ability.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Dwarf in the Playground

How often does one need to post to participate in one of these games?
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    I still think the Lone Wolf will be too passive. He can't pick the scry target, so he's dependent on the Devil, and he can't do anything about the scry target unless the village lynches a wolf so he's dependent on the village too. You end up with a horrible Cassandra role where you know what should be done but you can't do anything about it, but it's powerful enough that they won't want to draw a kill and use the Beast ability.
    Cassandra role?

What might you suggest to make it work, Flea?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Cassandra role?

What might you suggest to make it work, Flea?
    Give him a kill every other day, maybe make it unblockable if a wolf gets killed. Drop the Beast ability.

Cassandra was a Greek prophet who foresaw Troy's destruction but couldn't convince anyone to stop it, and ended up having to watch the prophecy be fulfilled. Having a scry that can't be directed, discussed or acted upon makes me think of it.

@cardrian: more is better, but at least once a phase.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I'll just say that killers in general are powerful, regardless of team. Basically, it will end the game faster, for better or for worse. Lone Wolf has scries to avoid hitting wolves (and probability on his side). Huntsman won't do too much damage to town due to a day off after a village kill, but he has potential to do a lot of damage to wolves, potentially a 1 wolf per 2 village scenario. Huntsman will get more kills, probability-wise. Whichever dies first gives disadvantage to their team.

Huntsman can also always vote the bandwagon (or most of the time vote it) to negate Lone Wolf's beast ability. Or, if the beast can only kill people on its bandwagon (the common situation, though allowing them to target also happens from time to time), they just might not care, since they won't die from the beast.

The best way for these to happen is if the Lone Wolf is trigger-happy and the Huntsman is careful with his kills. Both should survive to about the same point in the game. But realistically both will be trigger-happy, and one will last longer than the other. It will be difficult to balance and prepare for, and it does depend on what other roles are in the game.

For the every-other-night kill that Flea suggested... same problem: it's another kill and will speed up the game, probably making wolves too powerful in this case. Especially if they find each other (Devil scries Lone Wolf).

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Dwarf in the Playground

How long is a phase? Will once a week work?
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

Give him a kill every other day, maybe make it unblockable if a wolf gets killed. Drop the Beast ability.

Cassandra was a Greek prophet who foresaw Troy's destruction but couldn't convince anyone to stop it, and ended up having to watch the prophecy be fulfilled. Having a scry that can't be directed, discussed or acted upon makes me think of it.

@cardrian: more is better, but at least once a phase.
    I will defer to your experience and judgement; I think those are fine suggestions. What do you make of the Huntsman? Do you still think it is a bad idea to have a town-aligned night-killer?

I read an article just moments ago that linked to Cassandra's wiki. It looks like lot's of people are referencing Cassandra today. (I thought you were talking about an anime or MLP:FIM character. The former I typically dislike, the latter I have never made time for (and suspect I will dislike it as well.)
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1334

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by cardrian View Post
    Generally a day lasts 48 hours and a night lasts 24. But it can vary a lot from game to game.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I will defer to your experience and judgement.
    I have neither of those things; the two games I've run were both horribly imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by cardrian View Post
    Generally no, and if it did people would likely lynch you for not talking anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Banned

Generally no, and if it did people would likely lynch you for not talking anyway.
    This.
    Once per week could potentially be enough if the game doesn't autolynch you due to inactivity until three days have passed without voting, but then you'll probably be lynched by the masses for that inactivity anyway without any way to defend yourself because you aren't around.
    Twice per week would be better. Every three days is one game day, and you're expected to vote every day. If you don't vote for two or three days in a row (in game, and depending on the game's rules) then you'll be removed for inactivity.

More often than that is expected, but not required.
    More often is expected because situations in the game are fluid, and discussions are part of the game. So simply showing up once every 72-96 hours won't make you active or helpful.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2014-10-08 at 01:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Twice per week would be better. Every three days is one game day, and you're expected to vote every day. If you don't vote for two or three days in a row (in game, and depending on the game's rules) then you'll be removed for inactivity.
    And that's if you get a villager role with no powers. If you get a power role or are a wolf, you'll want to be active in the Night Phase too, which means at least one post about every 36 hours. (Using powers isn't mandatory, but it can really hurt your team if you don't.)
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1338

I need to file away this Friday and Saturday. I'm going camping so my phone will be off.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

19. - Top - End - #1339

And I'm back.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm going to post a general "don't autolynch me, please" notice for... pretty much until Christmas. This is the semester from Hel, so I've been checking the forum pretty infrequently. I try to look at it thrice a week, but even then I end up missing days in games.

So I'm not super active, and I apologize for that. If you need me, there is (a little) room in my PM Box. (Yes, Hel, the Norse goddess)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-10-14 at 11:23 AM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #1341

I have a sort of Reverse Werewolf/Mafia ruleset I'm banging together - I'm not yet ready to playtest it, but I'm at a point where I could use a few more sets of eyes.

Don't know if it warrants a whole new thread in this subforum, so I thought I'd just leave a link here(caution: some language) to the Pastebin I'm working from. It's currently Mafia-themed, but could easily be refluffed to a Werewolf one.

I welcome any suggestions you exemplary Werewolf veterans might have.
    Last edited by The Grue; 2014-10-14 at 07:16 PM.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase blog/campaign journal

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I'm going to post a general "don't autolynch me, please" notice for... pretty much until Christmas. This is the semester from Hel, so I've been checking the forum pretty infrequently. I try to look at it thrice a week, but even then I end up missing days in games.

So I'm not super active, and I apologize for that. If you need me, there is (a little) room in my PM Box. (Yes, Hel, the Norse goddess)
    If that's the case, you may want to refrain from joining games in the near time future. But good luck!
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grue View Post
    I have a sort of Reverse Werewolf/Mafia ruleset I'm banging together - I'm not yet ready to playtest it, but I'm at a point where I could use a few more sets of eyes.

Don't know if it warrants a whole new thread in this subforum, so I thought I'd just leave a link here(caution: some language) to the Pastebin I'm working from. It's currently Mafia-themed, but could easily be refluffed to a Werewolf one.

It's not so much a reverse werewolf game; as is, it's primarily a politics game. For that reason I wouldn't play it, though I know many players enjoy that type of game.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-10-15 at 11:04 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grue View Post

That sounds fun, primarily for the reason Saposhiente noted - it's a politics game with a side of Werewolf intrigue. Lovely.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to go over the rules in more detail right now, but I'll keep an eye on it for later.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Barbarian in the Playground

After a long break from the Playground it's come to my attention that I haven't partaken in Werewolf-y activity in nearly 7 years and I'm looking to correct that. Is there any schedule for WWC coming up soonish (Not that I'm looking to attempt to narrate again. I don't think I'm fully up for that considering my long absence)?
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

B! *huggles* Missed you!

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

27. - Top - End - #1347

Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    After a long break from the Playground it's come to my attention that I haven't partaken in Werewolf-y activity in nearly 7 years and I'm looking to correct that. Is there any schedule for WWC coming up soonish (Not that I'm looking to attempt to narrate again. I don't think I'm fully up for that considering my long absence)?
    Welcome back!

Off the top of my head I know ou can join Careless WW.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Pixie in the Playground

Also Feudal's still recruiting and should be starting soon.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1349

And so am I. Recruiting that is.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

So uh...can I just start my own thread? If not, what do I need to do?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew