New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo 2 - Act two, The Horadric Staff

The Halls of the Dead

While the rest of the party finishes looting, the necromancer finishes his dark chant, culminating when the husks of a sizable group of scarabs starts crawling again - only now, with neither their buzzing nor their innards.

Lut Gholein

Returning through the waypoint with their new members, minions and loot, the party is greeted by Deckard Cain. Your story is retold, but he interrupts when you get to the point where the magical cube is recovered.

"Ahh! A Horadric Cube! You have quite a treasure there. According to Horadric lore, one of the many wondrous powers of transmutation such a cube has is the one to restore a Horadric Staff!"

"... which is something you I should have told you from the start. Even if you found both pieces of a Horadric Staff, you would still have needed a Cube to restore it to full function. Regardless, what a fortuitous turn of events that you should have found one now!"

"I have been delving for further information regarding pieces of Horadric Staffs you could possibly uncover. I reckon that there are two pieces nearby."

"The nearest piece is known in history as the Staff of Kings, but I have reason to believe it is in fact the shaft portion of a Horadric Staff. It was lost centuries ago in a fight against a particularly vicious sand maggot. No account of the staff being recovered exists, making it likely that the artifact is still in the monster's lair."
    "Of course, it is also rather likely that the monster itself is still alive."

"A known head of a Horadric Staff was lost when Lut Gholein's sister city was overrun by claw vipers. Apparently, the piece now serves as an important icon in their religion."

"Which piece will you be seeking out first?"
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Paavo

"Hmmph. No more blasted bugs for awhile, I'm still sneezing some out. Vipers sound great to me."

Paavo walks over to Greiz to gather information on the combat tactics of the vipers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Whichever Knowledge roll is appropriate: (1d20)[13]

Also, I'm wondering if Greiz has mercenaries for hire.
    The Good Reverend
    Just call me PPR, no need to type the whole thing.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Sir Martigule

Sir Martigule paces the town, picking the carapaces of insects from the kinks in his armor. He rounds a stone building and sees a man hawking wares.

Spoiler
    Show

I'd love to do a bit of gamblin'!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Lut Gholein

The one-eyed, one-armed, one-footed man Sir Martigule meets is eager to greet him. "Welcome to the Desert Rain! I am Elzix, the owner of this establishment..."

After a short, terse conversation that just barely reveals both of them as veterans of past battles, the topic quickly turns to gamling?

"Card games just don't scratch the itch the way they used to, do they?"

"Well, I have something new. Take a look at these artifacts, which I have collected throughout my... earlier adventures."

"I have had trouble identifying their function, and frankly, I don't really have stomach, or, hehe, limbs for figuring them out on my own. They're yours for less than what I expect as their market price... but I make no promises as for what they actually do. Now that's the exiting part."

Spoiler
    Show
    He has three items.

A bastard sword that is a minor magic weapon of some kind - 99% likely to be a +2 equivalent, 1% likely to be a set or unique item. His price: 6k.

A longspear that is a medium magic weapon. 70% a +2 equivalent, 25% a +3 equivalent, 5% set or unique. His price: 8k.

A composite longbow (str +1 built in) that is a major magic weapon. 30% a +2 equivalent, 50% a +3 equivalent, 5% a +4 equivalent, 5% a +5 equivalent, 10% set or unique. His price: 12k.

In all cases, I will be rolling enhancements from both the DMG and the MIC.

Meanwhile, Paavo has a devil of a time locating Greiz.

Spoiler
    Show
    Need to sleep on the desert mercenaries. Tomorrow!

Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Lut Gholein

Finally, Paavo stumbles upon the mercenary leader. The man looks tired and overworked, but not so much that he can't talk shop with the barbarian.

"Claw vipers, eh? Can't say I've run into them myself, but Geglash has had a few words to say on the subject. They come in two main types - warriors and mages. The warriors are fond of charging, the mages of staying back and launching necromantic magic. In either case, you want to get in close fast."

"As for some of my men... most of them are not really equipped for the kind of work you do, and Jerhyn has hired most of the others to keep this place locked down - the city guard have all been summoned to the palace for the some reason. But there might be a few who would be willing to go along... for a fair price, of course."

Spoiler
    Show
    There are currently three mercs in town of interest.

Waheed. Level 11. STR: 16 DEX: 12 CON: 14 INT: 8 WIS: 10 CHA: 18.
    Emilio. Level 10. STR: 18 DEX: 12 CON: 14 INT: 8 WIS: 10 CHA: 16.
    Durga. Level 10. STR: 14 DEX: 10 CON: 16 INT: 8 WIS: 10 CHA: 16.

Both are (and will remain) single-classed vanilla Marshals. Each owns a longspear +1 and a set of full plate +1.
    Last edited by Ernir; 2013-10-25 at 05:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

Paavo

Paavo waves his hand dismissively at Greiz, laughing as he does.

"Your prices are outrageous sir! You all act as if these are men of Mount Arreat for hire, not these scraggly-looking desert weasels!"
    The Good Reverend

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Lut Gholein

"Hah! Sorry to tell you, my good barbarian, but with such great demand for our work right here in the city, why wouldn't we charge a premium for the privilege of dying out there in the desert?"

"Come back if you change your mind."

On that gruff note, the men of the party return to their inn.

The rest is slightly surprised when Aldrick announces his intention to quit the party - apparently, he has caught some kind of rumor about there being a "need" for good men in the palace, and no kind of persuasion can get him to change his mind. Luckily, with the influx of people in town, finding someone adventurous enough to fill the hole in the ranks doesn't prove to be difficult.

The following morning, the party heads out towards the Valley of Snakes, where a man called Drognan, who appears to be some kind of wise man around these parts, claims the nearest cult of claw vipers now resides.

After what feels like a long march without Tatsuhiro's magic fortifying against the heat, the party passes what is surely the lair of the famed sand maggot that keeps the Staff of Kings, but the journey continues, on into the abandoned city that guards the entrance to the Valley.

The restless dead have taken their share of this place, as they have many others. They offer little resistance, but they do much to counter what would otherwise have been a rather somber experience.

You are near what you guess is the center of the crumbled city, when you encounter a creature that is clearly not undead at all. It is human-shaped, but smaller, and possesses rather feline features. It is armed with a whip, and clad in leather armor. It prominently displays a belt of potions.
    You are still some distance away, but its expression of malice is clear.

Further, it is blocking your way.

Martigule's trained eyes notice two more hiding in the ruins of crumbled walls, looking no more friendly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enemies ahead!

SC1 is visible to all. Only Martigule has noticed the other two.

Yellow stuff is sand. Grey stuff is a badly maintained road. Dark red are the remnants of buildings. The L-shaped walls are just 5' high, the saber cats are hiding on top of them. The larger boxes are houses that are more intact.

You are free to act.

Map up.

8. - Top - End - #158

Paavo

Paavo focuses for a moment, then leaps forward to close with the enemy.

Spoiler
    Show

Full-round action: Rapid Refocus, dropping Eye, gaining Voice.
    Swift: Sudden Leap to K8 (auto-success)
    The Good Reverend

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

In Town

Lut Gholein. It might have been something, once. Now it's just another dusty slum, surrounded by monsters. He had wanted to see the world, but now it looked like the only thing he'd see is sand and monsters, waiting to drag him down. Out of boredom, Cath had started to hang around the mercenary captain, hoping that someone with some idea of what to do would arrive, but so far nothing. The only one to come by was the Palace guardsman, looking for more men for whatever was happening there. Given how desperate they'd seemed, you'd think they would take anyone, but when he offered he was firmly turned down.

But then that party he had been hearing about, from that old geezer who loved to talk. K-something? Well, they came back, and it looks like the party splintered out there. Now to find a way in...

Oh, they're looking for a Mercenary. And rightfully laughing at those available.

And so a very, very clean man. Almost too clean, given where you are. His skin and his clothing, nothing looks as if he's even touched it, though some of his other gear looks like it's seen some use.
    "Well, hello Gents. Looking for some help?"

In the Desert

After a long day in the wastes, the last thing Jimmy wants to do is fight a bunch of cats. But otherwise, they wasted this whole trip, so he marshalls his power as best he can. But not before taking a moment to observe what he's up against: knowing your enemy will lead to victory, as his mentor would have said. Or he could just use the tentacles. The tentacles always work.

And so he did. Maybe his mentor's advice would be useful later.

Spoiler
    Show
    Buffs Up assumed to be up:
    Otherworldly Whispers, Entropic Warding(I understand if it's down, but it is only one standard action per 12 minutes to keep it up.), Change Shape.

Warlock's luck(Fortitude).

Walk to L14. Cast Chilling Tentacles centered on the L6, K5 intersection, with the understanding that that should hit SC5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.

Grapple checks: SC5(1d20+20)[39]
    SC4(1d20+20)[21]
    SC3 (1d20+20)[22]
    SC2 (1d20+20)[39]
    SC1 (1d20+20)[21]

Not sure if the grapple damage starts this round, or if I need to roll more grapple checks for it to happen.

(2d6)[6] cold damage to those within the area.

Also, assuming Knowledge Local, Nature, Dungeoneering, arcana, Planes, or religion is applicable:

(1d20)[19], +3,3,17,23,23,23, respectively(only one would apply, but I'm not sure which). If the Collector of Stories Skill skill trick applies to knowledge devotion, add 5 to the roll with regards to Knowledge devotion and identification. Otherwise, only add it with regards to identification.

Also, So tempted to make a Dad Joke here.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

The Lost City

As the warlock thinks back on the words his mentor had to share on cats, he becomes rather grateful for how loudly these creatures think - he remembers these creatures, which are known as saber cats, having a reputation for deadly ambush strikes, something those in the back were surely planning.

Not all of them were planning on Paavo immediately leaping to battle, however. Most of them only twitch in surprise, but the one in front produces a bottle from somewhere faster than Paavo can close the distance, even in the air. The bottle explodes before the barbarian hits the ground, spraying alchemical fires in a burst.

And not one of them was prepared to be rudely grabbed by the icy tentacles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jimmy recognizes the creature type, but doesn't know specifics about how they fight aside from what is obvious from their weapons (potions and whips). The race is known for using Poison, Sneak Attacks, Death Attacks (like Assassins have) and superb ambush skills, even if the last one was completely negated here.

SC1 throws a potion at Paavo: Touch attack (1d20+25)[45] for (1d6+19)[23] fire damage.

Saber cats win initiative, but spend their round on trying and mostly failing to escape from the tentacles. SC1 escaped. All others are still grappled.

All of the creatures are Barely Injured.

I'd like to remind you that not everyone knows the exact position of all the saber cats, even if I am sure the more perceptive party members have alerted everyone of their presence.

Yet to act in round 1: Everyone!

Map updated.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Rising upwards on wings of fire, Cath surveys his work. The tentacles had a rather poor showing, but at least they hadn't harmed his allies as of yet. Perhaps some harsher methods were called for...

A minor effort, and in addition to the wings, he's surrounded by 8 shards of lighting. Letting them twirl around him for a moment, he then snaps his fingers, and the shards shoot forward, one slamming into the felines currently grappled while the other 4 team up on the one who struck his ally.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fly 15 feet straight up.

Standard Action: Fellshock Eldritch Missile. I get 8 missiles: 4 target SC1, the rest are divided evenly among the foes present. This works like Magic Missile in terms of targeting.

SC1:(4d4+4)[10] electric damage(not sure if knowledge devotion would be per/missile or not. If it's per missile, add 12 damage. If it doesn't apply at all, subtract 3 damage from each of these rolls.).
    SC2:(1d4+4)[7] electric damage.
    SC3:(1d4+4)[6] electric damage.
    SC4:(1d4+4)[8] electric damage.
    SC5:(1d4+4)[5] electric damage.

Each target hit must make 2 fortitude saves. The first, at DC 22 is a Save vs Daze(from fellshock) for one round.

The second is also at DC22, and is a fort save or be slowed. If successful, they are instead fatigued. Each lasts only one round.

The tentacles make attacks again:
    Grapple checks: SC5 (1d20+20)[36] damage: (1d6+4)[9], possibly +3 against the cats from knowledge devotion.
    SC4(1d20+20)[39] damage: (1d6+4)[10], possibly +3 against the cats from knowledge devotion.
    SC3 (1d20+20)[39] damage: (1d6+4)[10], possibly +3 against the cats from knowledge devotion.
    SC2 (1d20+20)[39] damage: (1d6+4)[5], possibly +3 against the cats from knowledge devotion.
    SC1 (1d20+20)[34] damage: (1d6+4)[7], possibly +3 against the cats from knowledge devotion.

And it does Cold damage against anyone in the area: (2d6)[8], possibly +3 against the cats from knowledge devotion.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Sir Martigule

"What a sloppy ambush..." Martigule grumbles to himself, eyeing the combat, imagining it play out in his mind. He shrugs, hefts his bow, and strides forward.

"All right, men! There's more hiding in the crumbled walls there, and there! Advance! Close to a melee, their whips will snap on our armor! Watch for the splash from their grenades!"

Spoiler
    Show

Full: Rally!
    Free: Two 5ft steps to J-16

Current Auras: (Granted to allies within 60ft)
    +4 Morale bonus to Intelligence
    +5 Morale bonus to Ranged Attacks
    +9 to Attack and Damage when Flanking
    Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Uncanny Dodge
    +2d6 damage rolls
    +2 Competence to AC
    Save every round vs all Fear effects

Martigule's:
    AC: 33 (38 vs Ranged Attacks)
    Saves: 15/7/11
    Current HP: 155
    Spot and Listen: +14 (+20 vs Undead)

Currently Active Effects:
    Hide from Undead
    Press the Advantage stance

13. - Top - End - #163

Paavo

Roaring as the alchemists' fire clings to his facemask, Paavo retaliates by raining blows on the cat-man.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift action to reinvest 4 Determination from Vigilant Defender to Berserker.

Full attack on SC1, Power Attack for 6. Please let me know how many attacks hit for leech purposes.
    1st iterative: (1d20+20)[27] for (1d8+30)[31] + (2d6)[10] Rally damage. If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+20)[28] , strength trip check: (1d20+15)[20]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+20)[28] for (1d8+30)[37] + (2d6)[3] Rally damage

2nd iterative: (1d20+15)[19] for (1d8+30)[35] + (2d6)[9] Rally damage. If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+20)[31] , strength trip check: (1d20+15)[31]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+15)[25] for (1d8+30)[37] + (2d6)[11] Rally damage

3rd iterative: (1d20+10)[15] for (1d8+30)[35] + (2d6)[4] Rally damage. If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+20)[26] , strength trip check: (1d20+15)[18]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+10)[16] for (1d8+30)[37] + (2d6)[9] Rally damage

Current HP: 156 (+52)
    Current AC: 26 (touch 13, flat 24)
    Current SR: 20

Enemies in my threatened area take a -6 penalty on attacks vs. anyone but me.
    The Good Reverend

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

The Lost City

The shock and awe continues - while Sir Martigule orchestrates, Cath fills the battlefield with lightning, and Paavo exacts full revenge for the fiery insult. Brushing aside the tentacles, he steps in close enough to take off the first creature's leg in one blow. As it falls down, he catches it in the gut with another, messily ending it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Saber cats 2-5 are Barely Injured, while the first one is dead. All of the living ones are Fatigued. Cats 4 and 5 are Dazed.

Yet to act in round 1: Crosis, Dominic.

Map updated.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Dominic

Dominic bounds off in the blink of an eye, kicking up a trail of dust behind him as he goes. Before it is even close to settling, the warrior has closed in on two of the trapped cats and slashed twice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Cast Haste. Everyone gets some!

Bounding Assault, attack SC2 twice:
    (1d20+18)[25] for (1d6+5)[8] (base from the sheet) + (3d6)[11] (Swift Surge) + (2d6)[8] (Rally)
    (1d20+18)[23] for (1d6+5)[7] (base from the sheet) + (3d6)[14] (Swift Surge) + (2d6)[8] (Rally)

This includes Haste, Rally, and Swift Surge.

Crosis

While Dominic covers the eastern flank, Crosis more literally covers the other, blanketing it his signature clouds. Meanwhile, his undead swarms creep forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    SC3 and SC4 take (1d6)[1] points of cold damage and some auto-fatigue.
    Last edited by Ernir; 2013-11-11 at 12:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

The Lost City

One of the cats proves to be slightly more graceful than the others, successfully dodging Dominic's attacks and dragging himself out of the tentacle field. The rest writhe around helplessly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enemy status:
    SC1: Dead
    SC2: Barely Injured, Fatigued
    SC3: Barely Injured, Grappled, Fatigued
    SC4: Barely Injured, Grappled
    SC5: Barely Injured, Grappled, Fatigued

Yet to act in round 2: Everyone.

Map updated.
    Last edited by Ernir; 2013-11-11 at 12:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Inching closer, Cath decides to focus his fire to the right. No shards this time: just two sickly purple beams which leap from his rod to his targets.

Meanwhile, the tentacles continue their attacks.

Spoiler
    Show

I believe that with perfect maneuverability I could move up 5 ft, which is what I would like to have happen.
    Split blast enfeebling blast targeting SC2 and 4.
    Taking a -1 one to hit and -1d6 of damage.

SC2(target grappled, so no dex)(1d20+14)[29], and it deals (7d6+3)[30] points of damage. It also inflicts a Str penalty of -8(non-stacking).
    SC4(1d20+14)[20], and it deals (7d6+3)[29] points of damage. It also inflicts a Str penalty of -8(non-stacking).

Grapple
    Sc2(1d20+20)[28] (1d6+7)[11]
    SC3(1d20+20)[27] (1d6+7)[8]
    SC4(1d20+20)[28] (1d6+7)[12]

(2d6)[10] Cold damage to those within the AOE
    Satomi by Elagune

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Empowered by the speed-infusing magic, Martigule continues to shout orders as he dashes across the field. As he nears the end of his movement, he fires an arrow at the cat-man who fell back.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift: Rally!
    Move: Move to R-10
    Standard: Fire one arrow at SC2.

SC2 gets a bonus from the cover.
    Attack: (1d20+26)[38], Damage (1d8+15)[23] + (2d6)[4]

Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Uncanny Dodge
    +2d6 damage rolls
    +2 Competence to AC

Martigule's:

Hide from Undead

19. - Top - End - #169

Paavo

Paavo ignores the swarming tentacles around him and continues to attack the enemies around him

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack on SC4. Power Attack for 6.

1st iterative: (1d20+21)[34] for (1d8+30)[31] + (2d6)[3] Rally damage. If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+21)[23] , strength trip check: (1d20+20)[37]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+21)[35] for (1d8+30)[32]roll] + (2d6)[5] Rally damage.

2nd iterative: (1d20+16)[33] for (1d8+30)[34]roll] + (2d6)[7] Rally damage. . If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+16)[18] , strength trip check: (1d20+20)[30]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+16)[21] for (1d8+30)[38]roll] + (2d6)[5] Rally damage.

3rd iterative: (1d20+11)[19] for (1d8+30)[38]roll] + (2d6)[7] Rally damage. . If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+11)[16] , strength trip check: (1d20+20)[22]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+11)[30] for (1d8+30)[38]roll] + (2d6)[6] Rally damage.

Haste bonus attack: (1d20+21)[28] for (1d8+30)[31]roll] + (2d6)[6] Rally damage. If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+21)[27] , strength trip check: (1d20+20)[31]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+21)[27] for (1d8+30)[38]roll] + (2d6)[11] Rally damage.

Current HP: 162 (+52)
    Current AC: 27

Enemies in my threatened area take a -6 penalty on attacks vs anyone but me.
    The Good Reverend

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

The Lost City

Cath and Martigule double up on the creature that escaped the tentacles, clearly not about to let it go very far. It does its best to dodge, but both Martigule's arrow and Cath's beam hit it, injuring it badly.

Meanwhile, Paavo continues fighting alongside the tentacles, mercilessly chopping up another of the trapped creatures.

Spoiler
    Show
    SC2: Badly Injured, Fatigued, -8 Strength
    SC3: Injured, Grappled, Fatigued
    SC4: Dead
    SC5: Injured, Grappled, Fatigued

Yet to act in round 2: Crosis, Dominic. Will act for them soon...

Map updated.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Crosis

Crosis slowly floats forward on his carpet, calmly raising a hand and releasing a ragged lightning of black energy that speeds towards one of the creatures still trapped in the tentacles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enervation on SC3. (1d20+4)[11] for (1d4)[2] negative levels.

Dominic

Dominic, not about to let the cat get away, blazes around and cuts off its escape, followed by more literally cutting it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid Blitz attack thingy. Two cuts for SC2:

(1d20+18)[36] for (1d6+5)[6] (base from the sheet) + (3d6)[16] (Swift Surge) + (2d6)[7] (Rally)
    (1d20+18)[35] for (1d6+5)[6] (base from the sheet) + (3d6)[11] (Swift Surge) + (2d6)[6] (Rally)

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

The Lost City

Dominic effortlessly dispatches the only saber cat to have escaped the tentacles, and none of the other, weakened ones manage more than the feeblest of struggles against the tentacles.

Spoiler
    Show
    SC2: Dead
    SC3: Injured, Grappled, Fatigued, 2 negative levels
    SC4: Dead
    SC5: Injured, Grappled, Fatigued

Yet to act in round 3: Everyone.

Map updated.

23. - Top - End - #173

Paavo

Paavo exacts more revenge for his singed face on the nearest cat-man.

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack on SC3, Power Attack for 6.

1st iterative: (1d20+21)[27] for (1d8+30)[36]. If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+21)[26] , strength trip check: (1d20+20)[34]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+21)[36] for (1d8+30)[38]

2nd iterative: (1d20+16)[17] for (1d8+30)[34]. If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+16)[18] , strength trip check: (1d20+20)[29]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+16)[33] for (1d8+30)[37]

3rd iterative: (1d20+11)[12] for (1d8+30)[33]. If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+11)[22] , strength trip check: (1d20+20)[29]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+11)[26] for (1d8+30)[33]

Haste bonus attack: (1d20+21)[41] for (1d8+30)[36]. If hits for 10 damage, knockdown trip touch attack: (1d20+21)[36] , strength trip check: (1d20+20)[37]. If successful, extra attack: (1d20+21)[33] for (1d8+30)[33]

Current HP: 168 (+52)
    Current AC: 27
    Current SR: 20

Enemies in my threatened area take a -6 penalty on attacks vs anyone but me.
    The Good Reverend

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing that his companion has one of the cats locked down, Cath focuses on the other one, summoning a helix of Ice and acid to bring the creature down.

Spoiler
    Show

Full round action, split blast on SC5
    Hellrime Blast (1d20+19)[20] (7d6+3)[25] Rally:(2d6)[9], forces a DC 23 fort save or receive -4 penalty to dex for 10 min.
    Vitriolic Blast(1d20+19)[25] (7d6+3)[34] Rally:(2d6)[12], ignores SR, target takes 2d6 acid damage at start of round for 2 rounds.
    I think there's some sort of concealment roll, but I'm not quite sure.

Grapples:
    (1d20+23)[28] (1d6+4)[7]
    (1d20+23)[38] (1d6+4)[8]

Cold Damage to all in area: (2d6)[6]
    Satomi by Elagune

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Sir Martigule repositions and lets loose a full volley of arrows at the remaining catfolk warriors.

"We've got 'em now, men! Let 'em have it, pursue! PURSUE!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Swift: Rally
    Free: Move to P-10
    Full: Full Attack. Targetting SC3 first, if he dies then remaining attacks go on to SC4.

1: (1d20+25)[28], Damage (1d8+18)[22] + (2d6)[4]
    2: (1d20+25)[29], Damage (1d8+18)[24] + (2d6)[6]
    3: (1d20+20)[35], Damage (1d8+18)[20] + (2d6)[5]
    4: (1d20+15)[31], Damage (1d8+18)[24] + (2d6)[10]

EDIT: Increase Attack rolls by 1 for these; forgot to include Haste bonus. Also, I may get an additional attack; it's been a while since I've used an archer in any capacity; does Rapid Shot's extra attack stack with Haste's?

Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Uncanny Dodge
    +2d6 damage rolls
    +2 Competence to AC

Martigule's:

Hide from Undead
    Last edited by cameronpants; 2013-11-20 at 02:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

The Lost City

Paavo, trapped in barbarian rage, roughly chops at one of the remaining saber cats. It is not his finest attack, but a stuck creature can't dodge, and suffers grievous wounds.

The other receives a face full of acid from Cath. It hisses in agony, but his other missile fails to put it out of its misery, instead forming a frozen crater at the creature's feat.

Silence doesn't fall until Martigule's volley finishes both, each receiving a comparatively neat arrow in the torso before he's done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Loot!

You find:
    (1d12)[1]x1000 GP in coins.
    A Badge of the Svirfneblin from their leader [7500GP] (MIC 72)
    5x whips. Each has been smeared with some kind of poison. Hard to sell in this state, if cleaned, 0.5GP each.
    5x masterwork studded leathers [87.5GP each, 437.5GP total].

In their cache nearby, you find a veritable alchemical treasure, 10000GP worth of rare alchemical substances. You collect a total of (4d6)[17] vials of Alchemist's Fire as well.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Sir Martigule passively studies the alchemic horde, the cases of alchemist's fire, and the positioning of the catfolk.
    "Attack from ambush, grouped in several tight groups. Ranged weapons, likely poison, explosive fire potions... stealthy creatures, but not subtle..."
    Martigule continues to ponder to himself as he approaches the entrance to the Temple.

Spoiler
    Show

Changing my auras before the next combat.

+5 Dodge bonus to AC
    Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Uncanny Dodge
    +2d6 damage rolls
    +2 Competence to AC

Martigule's:

Hide from Undead
    Last edited by cameronpants; 2013-11-23 at 11:04 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

The Lost City

As Martigule marches on towards the temple, objections are raised on whether anyone really knows where the temple is.
    It is decided that Crosis and Dominic have the best chance of getting out of whatever trouble the city may offer them, and that they should scout out to the sides. They agree to meet up further ahead on the main road, should they find the temple.

The core of the group continues, but before the temple is found, an unlikely encounter happens. A pair of adventurers, clad in massive suits of armor horrifyingly unsuitable for the climate, reveal themselves by leaving the meager shelter one of the half-crumbled buildings offers.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Ravenna

"Hail travelers," says one of the two newcomers. "It is good to see others about who are not yet corrupted by the evil tainting this land. I am Ravenna, chosen warrior of my god."

As she speaks she uncoils a long spiked chain from around her right forearm. She says a quick prayer, and as she does her armor and weapon seem to briefly glow with an inner light. Seemingly satisfied with the result, she chants one more brief invocation, and begins to slowly hover slightly off the ground.

Having seemingly finished what appears to be a well practiced routine, she look back at her ally, seemingly ready to being traveling for the day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Greater Magic Weapon and Magic Vestment
    Last edited by Koury; 2013-11-27 at 10:15 PM.
    I will NOT succumb to evil!
    ...Unless she's cute.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lymmrik

"Hey, Venna, we should join this lot! I've got a good feeling about 'em," pipes up the redhead. With a small wave, she continues, "I'm Lymmrik, but everyone calls me Lymm," and for a split second, her weapon of choice~a wicked Gnomish quickrazor wrought of bluish cold iron~blinks in the blinding desert sun. At that same moment, dancing green eyes flash with a steely resolve: "But back to finding that temple."