New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Just found out that Avatar: The Last Airbender is no longer hosted on Netflix.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Oh sweet! Very nice, Qwerty! And what an excellent update it was!

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Troll in the Playground

*applauds*. Congratluations! Yay! ('s never happened before, that's for sure.)

Also, I posted in that thread but it was still brown instead of light tannish and. Went "hey, my name is mutant sheep" when I saw my name in th most recent post thing.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-08-12 at 01:29 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pair O' Docs. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congratulations. You successfully explained the joke before telling the joke.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Ah alrighty then. Learning for me!
    Hooray for knowledge!

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone is so angry today. That's two threads now that have folded into angry people cursing about something. Blah.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Everyone is so angry today. That's two threads now that have folded into angry people cursing about something. Blah.
    Aw. I'm not angry, if that makes you happy.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Half of the people I talk to on skype (out of the ones from the forum anyway) are having a really bad week for reasons they don't want divulged. Another fourth won't tell me.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, so it's not just me, then. Granted, I'm only frustrated for temporary, fairly small reasons. One of them I think I'm just going to let go, and the other I've got to deal with regardless, so I'm just going to suck it up. Slow-ass ****ing server...
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

I'm too busy to even consider responding to everyone, and I will probably be too busy to do that for the next two weeks so bleuh.

Things have been hectic up here in Skye. So much to do, so little time - I honestly have time to be on the computer for like ultimate maximum two hours, which is a drastic change for my "sitting here all day". I've met a lot of new nice people, mostly just now at the pub quiz. Met a metalhead that lives around Glasgow and is planning to go to the same gigs as I am, so I might ask him if he's interested to have me tagging along.

Today, once again proven, I really, really don't get along with other females. They always seem to think I'm having a go at them when I'm not... It's easier to joke about with guys. Or then I'm just an insensitive bastard.

And, no. Still not married. And won't be. :smallsneakytongue:
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2013-08-12 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

I just discovered that a lot of my program's lag is from me putting in a wrong number for the duration of a note.

I have yet to discover which one or how many, and the song is Frozen Hillside on piano.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I'm too busy to even consider responding to everyone, and I will probably be too busy to do that for the next two weeks so bleuh.

Things have been hectic up here in Skye. So much to do, so little time - I honestly have time to be on the computer for like ultimate maximum two hours, which is a drastic change for my "sitting here all day". I've met a lot of new nice people, mostly just now at the pub quiz. Met a metalhead that lives around Glasgow and is planning to go to the same gigs as I am, so I might ask him if he's interested to have me tagging along.

Today, once again proven, I really, really don't get along with other females. They always seem to think I'm having a go at them when I'm not... It's easier to joke about with guys. Or then I'm just an insensitive bastard.

And, no. Still not married. And won't be. :smallsneakytongue:
    I've been out of the loop for awhile, Finn. Why DID you go to Syke?

Also, don't worry, as your friend who is a lady, I can assure you I wouldn't mind joking around with you

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Are you trying to claim you made a new comic or the new miniatures?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Clearly the Giant has an alt account.
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

I managed the first non-Giant post.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1247

I managed the first non-Giant post.
    Really?

And, even if the first reply was yours, why would that even matter?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Really?

And, even if the first reply was yours, why would that even matter?
    Um. What. Wait. I just checked back to see why you're confused and my post is gone. Kurald Galain quoted it down in post 15 - and that reaction was an edit. But... why is the post gone?

And it matters in that I wasn't trying for it and that usually doesn't happen.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1249

You realise that it is standard practice for the moderators to delete the entire post when it contains even the smallest of passing reference to which post or page it is, especially in the general OotS discussion threads? Enforcement of this is very strict.

And it matters in that I wasn't trying for it and that usually doesn't happen.
    I still don't see why it matters in the slightest. It is far from unique, someone has to be first, every time, and it's not a competition to be that person nor is there some sort of a prize.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. Um. Oops. Sorry.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

But good job, anyway.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

See, that's why I didn't mention it in mine.

ION:Total War is HAAAAARD.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    See, this is why you should play Love And Peace instead.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just discovered that a lot of my program's lag is from me putting in a wrong number for the duration of a note.

I have yet to discover which one or how many, and the song is Frozen Hillside on piano.
    How many? That is an idea. Can you use a word counter to count how many times each number is written in the code? If there is a number which is only used once it is probably the wrong number.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    How many? That is an idea. Can you use a word counter to count how many times each number is written in the code? If there is a number which is only used once it is probably the wrong number.
    Well, I already found out that I rounded .9 down instead of up for some reason, and that helped, but... didn't fix it entirely, and then I ran out of time. Going to go through it some more tomorrow.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, in that case, you either try and force yourself into overcoming your obsessive compulsiveness, or you look for a medium to derive more enjoyment from. Not everyone has to be into scribbling, after all...

Although I guess I could do a well-crafted (-) rendition of a ☼«☼Gold Amulet☼»☼...

I imagine it to be inlaid, but I suggest you go with whatever pleases your imagination the most...

Well, you play games to entertain yourself, don't you? Accomplishing things of note is just a means to achieve entertainment, it should never supercede it.
    Indeed. I shall leave the scribbling to those who gain more enjoyment from it.

Hmm... If memory serves me correctly... Dwarves do make artworks celebrating the creation of other artworks (They're derivative that way). So it's more than plausible that if a very nice amulet were created, they'd copy it.
    Of course... I'm probably completely wrong...

Inlaid does seem to make the most sense. While emerald is probably not the best choice for inlay, I can see it now... They would use emerald in varying shades of green to create a highly detailed image. There would be dozens of tiny pieces making what is essentially a mosaic.

I can't think of any other valid reason to play a game...

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    It isn't too strange, I think. I've never played anything other than the alto sax except for a brief learning period before that where I played a recorder. I've never considered playing another instrument, I just love my saxophone. I don't think I know how to compare well, but I found a lot of what I had to do with the sax in band to be really cool and exciting, though at times it did get to be a little overwhelming. Plus my past band teachers were always interesting. One teacher had us put a song together out of other song parts like Smoke on the Water, the Imperial March theme, and the Batman theme just to name a few. Another teacher always had us play a Pirates of the Caribbean medley, which was fun but dang was it rough to learn.

It was, for the most part.
    Eh... The recorder hardly counts.
    I suppose I'm just lucky to have a Great Aunt who is a retired piano teacher. She needed to make arrangements for one of her spare pianos, so she gave it to us. This reminds me of a humorous story when I was getting ready to do one of my exams... They telephoned and asked if we had gotten her teaching registration number wrong because it was so low.
    It often is with Alto. Tenor not so much, though in later years I started getting more interesting parts. And yes. Band teachers are the best. I've always had good ones, even the ones we had when my primary school teacher was away having one of her children.
    Hmm... We did Pirates of the Caribbean a couple of times. It was always fun, though tricky in parts. Though by later years, I'd done it a few times already, so rehearsal was more for the younger members of my old youth band.

Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Which is exactly why I play it on easy. It makes my life so much more fun.

In mildly related news... Damn... How am I supposed to get photos off my Mum's phone?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #1257

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    The meat! No!
    *licks his chops*

Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I picture this as a dragonpuppy pulling a steak off of the cafe table behind LaZodiac who is busy working.
    Conscripted my brother to draw this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    *licks his chops*

Yummy!

*snip*
    With a nose, Zodi looks a bit like Marcie from Peanuts.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Cannot unsee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *gets out his rolled up, asbestos newspaper* Now, now, what have we told you about kidnapping Zodi away to be your waifu and cooking dinner for you, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #1260

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Well, my brother did originally learn to draw from copying comic strips, so that might have something to do with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    *gets out his rolled up, asbestos newspaper* Now, now, what have we told you about kidnapping Zodi away to be your waifu and cooking dinner for you, eh?
    *whimpers*

No one told me anything about that very specific behavior!
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.