New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Meeting in Snake Eyes [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Sure. This way."

Garren leads the two to a back room, passing by two hard-faced men who look like they have guns and know how to handle them. The room itself carries the tell-tale atmosphere of soundproofing, all voices seemingly disappearing into the walls and the din of the Café outside being inaudible.

"Now, have a seat. Shall we have you start?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

A meeting with Garren
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well then, Two days ago, The Demeter II drifted into port, holds emptied. This is footage from a weather satellite." Kevin says, as Sarah opens the case, turning it around and showing Garren the screen.

On the screen the lights of a smaller vessel approaching the Demeter II. The smaller vessel pulls alongside, and is by them for an hour. Then the Demeter II continues on its way, the smaller vessel launches a lifeboat, and heads east, away from shore.

"That vessel is still drifting at sea, we want to know what can we expect to find."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: midturn 1
    Show

research researching,
    1 Merlin action to see if I have Mordecai's catalyst (and send it to him if so)

Spoiler: Mordecai(p)
    Show
    I'll see if I can get something that'll work for you there.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

Foundation Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"I see." Garren pauses for a moment.

"With just that, I don't have the faintest. It looks like an act of piracy to me. What did the Demeter carry, that might have been targeted?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Hardliners

Merlin, Mordecai (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gentlemen, I have decided my previous course in dealing with the Father was entirely incorrect. I got him to lay off Merlin, but he wouldn't be budged on you Mordecai. I underestimated his power, either that or he has become more powerful. I no longer see him as a way to the Children of Yig, but as a potent potential threat all of his own. Have either of you had a chance to look over that list I sent you? Can either of you exorcise demons?

OOC: Just to recap, it's a list of spell components for something the demon/demons have taught or are teaching him.

Sergai (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    No word from the Thunderhead. Your boys better do it on the quiet. I'll pay (1 cash) for (2 scrap) as compensation. I probably won't be needing more than say... (16 scrap). I'll get back to you with a more exact figure in a couple of weeks. We'll collect at te end of the month.

Midturn
    Spoiler
    Show
    No additional actions. Previous ones listed in my doc. Belladona goes to work for the Father within the cult, trying her best to emulate his preaching and leadership whenever he's not doing it himself.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2013-12-28 at 09:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

Garden Gomar PM
    Spoiler
    Show

"Artefacts for the Historical Society thing is we think it might have something to do with the robbery with that dragon thing a few weeks back, plus the lifeboat is nowhere near big enough to carry off everything on that ship, why would pirates leave the majority of their loot?" Sarah replies.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

Foundation Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Maybe they only wanted something specific. Maybe the pirates were hired to take the ship, were left with all the cargo save that one thing as a payment and, as their employer left on the lifeboat with the actually important artifact, something triggered in the pirates' boat and silenced them for good."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: To Hardliners [M]
    Show
    Not that I be complaining about more money, but... really? If you cannot find the thunderhead, is there no one you can at least spare to stick around the Railyards for the whole [Turn], talk to the thunderhead if he does show up? Confirm with him on the spot that what Sergei's folks are doing is legit?
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2013-12-28 at 11:08 PM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren Gomar
    Spoiler
    Show

"Yes we have considered that, we just want to know what surprises we can expect on the ship from a mage capable of utilizing that Pseudo dragon."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #670
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lazarus Technologies

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Midturn 1 Addendum / Midturn 2 Addition:

Tell Friendly Fire to ship the 2 things to the Family's location. I think I forgot to do that. Not a big deal if it doesn't get in the first. Never specified how long it took me to ship...
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-12-29 at 07:11 AM.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

Foundation Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I can't say I'm the most knowledgeable about what he might be capable of, but given magic, there's a lot of possibilities. It clearly isn't anything overly destructive, given that the ship is still afloat, but it could be something like ghosts that can target humans specifically. Most living creatures would be long gone by now.

I've got a picture of our culprit here."

Garren digs out a poor-resolution security camera shot of a man covered in bandages.

"He instigated the museum attack to get ahold of a stone egg - I don't know what that actually is, yet, but probably nothing good. He also didn't take a reasonably powerful and dangerous magical spirit, though that may have been meant to silence loose ends. I managed to acquire that before it went off."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #672
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lightning Centurion

To Merlin (Mail)
    Spoiler
    Show

I have reason to believe the incident at the Peabody Labs is related to the "World Evolution Brigade" that made itself known in a recent broadcast. They speak of "Tarantulas" and their acronym is "W.E.B." The beast that escaped from the Labs is known to me as The Spider's Children, a beast that was created in the labs and slew its makers.

Now, I may be wrong, but the consistent spider theme, and the being created in a lab being related to an "Evolution Brigade" seems worth investigating.

Do you agree?

Knight of Blades (Email)
    Spoiler
    Show

If you are willing to share what you know before I agree to help, I'm listening. Otherwise, I must tell you that I am likely t0o occupied to lend a hand. I am concerning myself more with the incident at Peabody Labs.

Hardliners (Email)
    Spoiler
    Show

You are free to look into collecting that scrap to keep it from the more villainous elements of the City as far as I am concerned, but see to it that you do it in an orderly and safe manner. Also, be aware that there are other forces in the city looking into the metals and thefts in the Railways, you will likely come across them, for better or for worse.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren Gomar
    Spoiler
    Show

"Any chance of lending that to us? We're planning on moving in on that ship later today, that could be useful if the surprise is of an incorporeal nature."

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show

Compare that figure to the one from the footage of the University Row fire, do they match?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Foundation Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"No, that's not a good idea. It's likely to get you killed, rather than help."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Hardliners

Sergai
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good news, the Thunderhead is willing to play ball. I'm sure your boys will be pleased to hear it. If anyone asks, you can say you got his permission. So it's (3 scrap) for ( each 1 cash) payable at the end of the month. So the big guy knows who to look for, who are you sending?

Lightning Centurion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. My men will be in the area shortly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: To Hardliners [M]
    Show
    Ah, finally. Guess Big Static ain't all that easy to find when you really need him, eh?

Sergei be sending just this one young lass. Know what you be thinking, but let Sergei just say that she have skills that be... uniquely suited for the job, eh? Pretty sure you know what Sergei mean by that, given who you guys be and all.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren Gomar
    Spoiler
    Show

"Anything you can pass to us to stave off any incorporeal surprises? We're willing to pay."
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-01-01 at 12:37 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #678
    Firbolg in the Playground

MIDTURN 1

WEB OF POWER

They strike from the bay. Flying low to the surf, WEB Spinners whirl upwards, helicopter blades churning as they weave through the skyline of Cobbles Cove. Along the ground, WEB jumpspider troops leap, covering dozens of meters with every jump in their power armor. And the WEB Walkers launch cables, and swing their tanklike, car-sized forms through the buildings, multiple legs clattering as they pull themselves along, gun turrets swivelling to watch for threats...

WEB is here, and their target is chillingly obvious! The heart of the Utility Stations, GC&E's Central Circuit Station! How better to demonstrate that the city is powerless against them, then by literally destroying its power?

GC&E's security forces rally in the fortified complex, but they're unprepared for helicopter offensives and the heavy armor of the Web Walker drones, not to mention the simple but effective power armor of their troops. One, Two, Three relay stations are bombarded and destroyed by rocket fire in short order... Only five remain. If the last falls, then the city's electricity will be entirely gone during one of the coldest winters on record...

Garren Gomar
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Of all the times to have to go in to contest a utility bill.

GC&E added a few zeroes to the Snake Eyes electricity bill, and weren't cooperative when you tried to resolve it over the phone. So you went in to Central Circuit Station in the Utility Stations down in Cobbles' Cove, to argue your case personally. You were making good headway when things started shaking and flashing, and realized that the building you were in was one of many under assault...

The good news is that your commando teams aren't far. They were going to pick you up after you finished up here, and take you out to lunch. Looks like lunch might be late today...

Arachne
    to Sergei [e]

Spoiler
    Show

You get the notice minutes before the assault above...

Hey there, Sergei! Target for the job is the Utility stations! Get those birds flying!

(Anyone you notify will be able to arrive and do stuff a few minutes before anyone who simply reacts to the headline.)

SECRET WARS, BLOODY PRICE

"Six bodies of unknown men, all mutilated to the point that identification was quite impossible, were found in the Isler University park this morning, impaled on various art objects. Parts of the park were reported to be scorched as if by fire, though no explosions or arson had been sighted the night before, and no noise of conflict was generated. Until further notice Isler University has been closed, and the MRB has been called in to investigate."

"An anonymous source reports that the words "Aequitas Nex" were scrawled in blood in the center of the park. The latin phrase means "Justice is Dead." Whatever happened here, it certainly isn't good..."

LOCAL TALISMONGER LINKED TO DEMONIC DEALINGS!

"He's up to no good in there!" Local residents, who wish to remain anonymous, whisper. "There's smells of sulfur, and weird voices! Everyone knows he deals with demons!"

They're speaking of local businessman and magician Mordecai Carter, who last month made a splash by advertising deadly magical weaponry for "self-defense" in a mail order catalogue...

MOB JUSTICE

And in the frozen month of February, as the harbor is ice, and the tourist trade is down, a mob of angry people starts to form outside of Mordecai's shop. With several of them wearing the sign of the Heralds, they're starting to work themselves up to some ugly business. Rocks are thrown, windows are broken, and seagulls wheel overhead at all hours of the night, screaming and screeching... Police lights flare at the back of the mob, but it's clear that they won't be able to quiet things in time before someone does something truly stupid...

TECH EXPO

And the CCP's technological expo and invention convention is kicked off, to the approval of the tech-heads in attendance! The Convention District's economy booms as the restaurants and hotels serve attendees from across the world, and the biggest names rub shoulders with the up and comers! Aegon Morgenstern gives two [1 cash] a plate dinner presentations for the SERIOUS businessmen, and the Young Turks are out in force, looking for the next Tesla to invest in.

The most promising inventions making their debut this year look to be Morgenstern's Antaeus construction line of robots, Securitas Inc.'s new encryption code, and newcomer Lazarus Industries Ouroborous Medical Monitoring system... Oddly enough, Helios Core barely has a presence. Their entire product line for this year has been delayed... Whatever their current project, it's certainly monopolizing their time and effort.

FEEDING FRENZY

"Breaking story! This is Ron Maple on the scene for Icon News... The Blubberco whale processing factory in Fishmarket, long since closed, has erupted in flames! Gunshots HAVE been fired, and at this point... Oh good lord, it's a slaughter! Repeat, witnesses CONFIRM automatic weapons fire, and explosives usage and... Oh lord, the Factory just collapsed. There are people screaming in the burning rubble, and, someone flying through the smoke! And... Who's that?"

The camera focuses in on a figure across the street, staring down at the flames. Tall, wearing fatigues and a black coat, his hair cut in a simple high and tight. His face is bruised and bloodied, but his eyes are blank and empty as falling snow in the night. There's an AR in his arms, and he stares directly at the camera for a long moment, before vanishing back away from the roof, as the flames from the factory billow up, and smoke fills the air.

"Oh good lord, that was Devil Dog. He did this. He did all this... Devil Dog is here..."

HARDLINERS
    Factory Fight [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

It was a good setup. They didn't even have to fake transactions, they just shifted business to the factory. Junkies showed up, got their fix without noticing the snipers and security, and moved on.

If the bad guys had come into the killzone, it would have worked perfectly.

They didn't.

They crashed a truck through the fence, through the back gates. Stormcrow barely managed to warn folks inside. The SCK guys filled it full of lead to no avail, as it skidded, flipped over, and started spilling barrels of gasoline everywhere.

Gasoline, plus the decades of whale grime all over the place... Major Disaster saw where this was going. He and the Orrus Drones barely managed to get clear before whoever was outside started firing honest to god White Phosphorous grenades into the building, which went up like a torch. After getting the place burning, the shooter switched to assault rifle rounds and regular grenades, picking off the SCK guys as they panicked and tried to escape.

Major Disaster caught a few rounds, before Stormcrow was able to triangulate, and rush the shooter. 'Crow managed to bruise the guy, tie him up long enough for Major Disaster to get into position with the Orrus drones...

Then the guy pulled a taser and jammed it into Stormcrow's neck. Must've been overcharged, because 'Crow twitched and dropped, the volts taking him down even despite his armor.

The man ducked and evaded Disaster's punches but the Orrus drones landed some voltage... Sadly he's got a milspec vest, that manages to weaken their strikes a bit, as he gets to a safe spot and triggers a Claymore Mine, dropping most of the Orrus drones.

Standing, he empties a magazine into Major Disaster, then frowns as it just staggers the paragon for a second.

"Hm."

He pulls a grenade out of his pocket and flips it toward Stormcrow, before hopping off the roof, catching a preset zipline and sliding down.

Major Disaster's blood is up... But it'd mean Crow's death, if he ignored the grenade. He goes and kicks the explosive away, shielding Stormcrow with his own body.

When he gets a chance to look around, the man's long gone, the cops are screaming in, and the news crews are all over the place.

He could try to pick up the man's trail, but it'd be tricky with all these people crowding in, and he'd definitely draw attention...

GILGAMESH: CLEANING UP THE TOWN?

More and more of the homeless and unemployed throughout the Brownstones are flocking to Gilgamesh's banner... The ancient lord is promising work and a better place to live, when all is said and done.

"Good luck to him," a local businessman was heard to remark. "Unless he's got a hell of a budget to work with, all he's going to end up with is shattered dreams and hard feelings once those workers of his start getting hungry and cold..."

Nonetheless, a number of abandoned buildings are slowly being converted into liveable areas, thanks in no small part to three tireless robots of unknown make, which appear to be under Gilgamesh's command. No one's really quite sure where they came from...

ICPD VICE HITS DRUG HOUSES

With the Black Bloods gone from slumside, ICPD moves in, supported by the Knight of Blades. They raid six different drug labs, most of which are abandoned, but two of which are full of rogue chemists packing things up. Hundreds of

pounds of product are seized, and twenty-two arrests are made. Public confidence in the police force, recently shaken by rumors of scandal, is growing again...

Lazarus
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, you can do the facechange for free when it's on Lazarus himself.

In the media backlash, they didn't really disprove what was put out.

Your men are in position to watch what goes down, and get good footage of it down in the Fishmarkets... (You may read the various sub-parts of FEEDING FRENZY above.)

Leyline
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

See your sheet for results...

Family
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

Some of your gangers notice the Watchmen poking around around Slumside and Blue Collar Blvd. The Watchmen aren't DOING anything, just looking around and, well, watching...

Mordecai
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

Looking over the list the Hardliners sent you, it's more a matter of what COULDN'T you do with all those ingredients. Though Mordecai does note that a lot of them are pretty dark, or have infernal connotations.

In other news, your shop's power and water are off and on at random times, and those DAMNED SEAGULLS won't stop screaming at all hours of the night and day. Your nerves are starting to frazzle, and the mob out front is about to do something horrible at the drop of a hat...

ICPD
    to Garren Gomar [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Hmmm, I see. At this point, this is starting to get a bit big for us. We'll pass your report on to the MRB. Recommend talking with them about disposal of the dangerous artifact, we really don't have facilities for such."

Knight of Blades
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

The Steampunks are a newer villain group, with a victorian/anachrotech theme. They're flashy, but rarely fatal in their methods.

Investigator 3 finds a few likely areas for their lair, but realizes that further investigation will likely draw attention if he is unlucky.

Poking about on the rumor, Jim finds that the police chief's son's membership in Die Kriegers is an open secret in the halls of power. Even with NNI slapped down, rumor has it that the Mayor may have to ask Chief Rackham to resign anyway...

The Caretaker of Emberlane Cemetary doesn't seem to be answering his phone now, for whatever reason... Poking about onsite, your investigator finds a group of Graveyard Gang toughs, who unceremoniously run him out of the place.

Limpeza Chama
    Strays Welcome [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The bar isn't much to look at, but after a half-hour or so of quiet drinking, a young lady escorts him upstairs. The lighting is dim up here, with covered windows in all the visible rooms, and cats padding through the place, watching him pass with wide, lit eyes.

And soon he enters into a central room, decorated with depictions of felines ranging from golden temple statues to crayon drawings made by 5-year-olds. In the midst of it a woman reclines, wearing ancient garb and a cat-headed mask.

A voice speaks, in Brother Lieutenant Moreno's mind.

"Hello, soldier. Welcome to my temple. You stand in the shadow of the goddess herself, and... Huh. Speaking of shadows, that's a strange one you've got there."

"Well, at any rate, welcome. What brings you here?"

Die Kriegers
    to Limpeza Chama [p]

Spoiler
    Show

"Well, we see someone recruiting on our turf, for reasons we don't know, we get a li'l concerned. Why are you trying to build up an army?"

Order of the Hand and Eye
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Your newly designated stealthywizard does what he can, but apparently the Banker's Dozen have pretty good security. He's not able to get into any of what he THINKS are the earthshaking meetings, and he has to take pains to avoid being caught on camera.

Trifecta
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Well, it's a bit difficult recruiting in Silent Lake. Most of the locals are retirees or hermits. Still, Mara is GOOD, and resorting to her succubus wiles helps lure in enough for a new coven. Not a LOT, and they're a little raw, but

Samantha helps.

(.5 Cultists restored to 1 full cultist.)

Strider detects no one watching or messing with you. Neither does Tempest.

Gilgamesh
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

You train the Watchmen. It's clear it's going to be an uphill effort there. The spirits are willing, but it's going to take time.

You start getting the general mood of things... In Public Housing, people are glad to see the Black Bloods gone, but unsure of what happens next. Slumside, they're wary of the Family, but so far the Family hasn't DONE much yet besides show their presence. Blue Collar Blvd. is peaceful, doesn't look like anyone claims it.

Limpeza Chama
    Observing... [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

You keep watch over the mini mart... And are rewarded. Several of the employees close up shop early in the middle of the night, one week, and depart.

The next you see of them, they're battered, bruised, and bloodied, being lead out of the SUV's they departed in, back into that house on the edge of the district that you saw before. They look heavily wounded, burned, and they should be

hospitalized, but they're bearing their injuries in silence. A few of them are wearing white tunics.

As you observe, your initiates suddenly feel a presence, as two white-clad men step out of the shadows near their positions, and level crossbows.

"You're the south american order. Why are you spying on us? Speak quickly, if you want to live through this, we don't have time for much mercy."

Limpeza Chama
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

You find a handcrafted wooden cat statue, that seems interesting, if not overly expensive. It is purchased for a song.

Duarte starts research. He has a pretty good idea of how to go about it, but it'll take time.

Charlie
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

You find a likely looking building, and start to work. It's gonna take a LOT of clearing. Penny's not much help, as the Rustbelt clearing is taking most of her attention...

But at least the Centurion hasn't shown up there. Penny gathers 5 units of scrap. She could keep going, or break off here, to be safe. Your call...

Family
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

The guns and foam show up, as ordered. You spend some time having your men train with them, handy having a big underground base around to practice without drawing notice...

Your men assisting the Graveyard gang report that a PI showed up, poking around the remnants of the caretaker's house. No clue who he was working for.

The Golden Flock
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

You start to work on Mordecai. Your seagulls report some significant success in harassment, though he's a pretty cool customer. Probably take more to wear him down.

Merlin
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

Hm. A cursory check of the library reveals nothing labelled "Mordecai's catalyst." You may need more information, here.

Hardliners
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

Belladonna does her best to suck up to the Father, and handle things with the cult. He doesn't seem to mind the help, and her influence grows...

INFLUENCE GAINED: HERALDS +1
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2014-01-01 at 03:56 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

19. - Top - End - #679
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh to Mordecai Carter [mail]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Need a place to lie low for a while? I've got an entire district full of empty buildings that are currently being restored."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Internal
    Show

Okay, We're deploying now. Agents on bikes and with heavy weapons, we filter in with Nicolas leading the offensive, attempting to intercept the attackers. With our network we should be able to rapidly deploy there.

We attack, Nicolas focuses solely on the heavy gear while the agents try to draw their infantry away and take them down, taking potshots with rocket launchers at the flyers.

Treating our bikes like mobile weapons platforms, the agents will ride to a good shooting position, take down as much as they can and redeploy avoiding exchange of fire whenever possible.

Nicolas acts like a Rider, he does the direct conflict, the showiest display of demolition possible. Try to show them that their tech is no match for the Rider System. If it is, just stick to blasting the gear and taking down infantry.

Put Smith to work trying to find weaknesses in their tech to exploit too.

Every man, every gun. I'm picturing the bikes as a sort of high tech armoury, a more heavily armed James Bond bike as it were.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-01-01 at 04:23 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

To ICPD (phone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have an emergency in the works. My investigation of the quarantined ship has found that the missing artifact is the Deathmask of Imhotep. I contacted Gilgamesh with this information and he told me that the Imhotep was a genius necromancer back when he was alive, and that the Deathmask would be key in reviving him if that was the goal. It has been used in the past to create a zombie plague as well that killed hundreds.

My current line of investigation is looking into the current circumstances of the Caretaker of Emberlane Cemetery. If he was attacked by zombies then he may have some link to the Deathmask. However he isn't answering his phone or any other contacts, though I haven't been there in person yet.

Hero Forum
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have an emergency in the works. My investigation of the quarantined ship has found that the missing artifact is the Deathmask of Imhotep. I contacted Gilgamesh with this information and he told me that the Imhotep was a genius necromancer back when he was alive, and that the Deathmask would be key in reviving him if that was the goal. It has been used in the past to create a zombie plague as well that killed hundreds.

Not to mention our current emergency, the attack by WEB. Who is available and ready to fight them? Also can we get Edison on the scene? If his power is controlling electricity he should be able to take down those machines pretty easily.

To Merlin and Mordcai Carter (e-mail)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have information that the Deathmask of Imhotep has been found and is likely in the city. Apparently it can also be used to resurrect Imhotep. Whatever anti-undead methods you can share will be useful. If you are prepared to help more directly, well that's even better.

To Gilgamesh (phone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This just keeps getting better and better. Will you be able to help? I'm currently tracking down the Caretaker of Emberlane Cemetery in the the hopes that the attack on him was related to the Deathmask.

To Graveyard Gang (e-mail)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I need to talk to the Caretaker of Emberlane Cemetery. I'd rather not hurt any of your boys, so consider this a courtesy call of my impending arrival.

-Shortcut.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2014-01-01 at 04:47 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #682

On the phone to the KoB

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes. Give me a time and I'll be there. Can't have that mask in the wrong hands. Won't bring any of my footsoldiers, but I can bring the chariot."

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

To Gilgamesh (phone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well first I've got to find the damned thing. Keep your eyes peeled, maybe you'll have a better clue on where to find it then I do.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Family-Watchmen
    Spoiler
    Show
    My people tell me you're poking around my turf?

Family-Lempeza Chama
    Spoiler
    Show
    We might be able to reach an agreement. Care to have this meeting in person? Or we can do this over the phone I suppose.

Family-Graveyard Gang
    Spoiler
    Show
    ICPD poking around. Orders?

25. - Top - End - #685
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mordecai Carter

Gilgamesh [M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks, but I'm still hoping it doesn't come to that. But it might. And here I thought lynch mobs had gone out of style a few centuries ago...

If I run, they'll take the shop. Hell's bells, they'd probably burn it down if they're riled up enough. And it may look like just a store, but it holds more arcane tomes and tools than I could sneak out, even if I didn't have to sneak past the crowds.

Hey, I know you gave some lectures on magic a while back, and the people love you. Don't suppose you have time to swing by the shop and try talking some sense into these people? I'd owe you big if it got even some of them to back off.

Knight of Blades [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Undead aren't really my specialty, but ancient arcane doohickeys like the Deathmask are. But I'm guessing your problems aren't really about studying the thing so much as taking it from bad guys?

As you may have seen on the news, business isn't exactly booming for me, so my schedule's open if you need my help in finding and/or getting it. Lord knows I could use the PR.

Hardliners [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, good news is I know what they could do with that list of magic ingredients you sent me. Bad news is that they're after a magical kitchen sink - between everything they're using, they could pull off just about anything. A lot of the stuff on that list is bad mojo, though. The kind of stuff that only really gets used for black magic.

26. - Top - End - #686

Gilgamesh to Mordecai Carter

Spoiler
    Show
    "Got it."

In front of Mordecai Carter's Store

There is a wooshing noise, followed by a chorus of neighs. A chariot, made of polished copper and bronze and lit by two flaming torches, is hovering in front of the shop. In front of it, pawing nervously at the empty air are four white horses. From below, it is very easy to confirm that they are stallions.

Gilgamesh jumps down and lands in front of the angry crowd.

He coughs, making his beard, decorated with golden rings and small bells, jingle a little melody. Then he waves both hands above his head.

"GOOD MORNING, ANGRY MOB!"

He pauses a few seconds for dramatic effect.

"Now. I've heard there's some kind of problem here between you people and my new good friend Mordecai Carter. The papers were a bit confusing,but it seems to be mainly a problem with the sulphurous smell, so I brought a few air fresheners."
    He holds up a handfull of styrofoam trees with pine and vanilla scent.
    "Jokes aside. Carter's a good man, even if his view on gun control may be a bit lax. But don't forget: this are America. We have the right to bear arms. You should appreciate this."
    He gives another brilliant smile to the crowds.
    "Now. How about we talk about these problems instead of throwing rocks? If you think he summoned demons, I can go take a look. If he has, I can either have a look at his protection circles, or punch them to death and then have a word with him about it. Or you tell me what else your concern is. I'm sure we can be reasonable."

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

Mordecai Carter (email)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually there is something you could help me with once I actually get a hold of the thing. I plan on destroying the artifact if possible and sealing it as an alternative method. But I'm not dumb enough to just smash an artifact and hope everything will turn out fine. So will you be able to find a way to safely destroy the artifact, or seal it?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

Red Tape, Red Sun Rises [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Garren looks outside the window, at the explosions.

"You've got to be kidding me."

After his palm detaches from his forehead, he calmly turns around to stare at the civilian workers in the building. He picks the most senior-looking one and steps up to him.

"It appears we're under attack. You there, tell me what exits there are of this building? And... seems they're coming from the sea, so if we assume that, do you know where the GC&E defences are likely to meet them so we can plot a route out from the middle of this?"

---

"He can take care of himself. And he has the freq. First priority is to stay combat-capable. Jack, take the third floor. Everyone stay off the roofs, but let's get some eyes and ears and prepare to make ourselves scarce in case trouble's headed this way. Ivan, get me an accurate count on where the battle is, where it's going and how much boom is being flung around, now."

"Got it."

Garren Gomar - MRB [P]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Greetings. This is Garren Gomar, assisting the ICPD on the museum theft case.

As mentioned in my report that they should've forwarded to you, I've recovered a stolen magical artifact, a tulpa, that is potentially rather dangerous. I'm not a mage, though I do know some, and my knowledge on these matters is limited, so I'd like to consult with you on how to proceed."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: To The Family [P]
    Show
    "Oy, yer all! Time t' be gettin' movin'! 'E job be 'ere, 'n 'e target be 'e Utility Stations!"

Spoiler: To Major Majors [P]
    Show
    "Oy, Major! Time t' be gettin' movin'! 'E job be 'ere, 'n 'e target be 'e Utility Stations!"

Spoiler: To Arachne [E]
    Show
    Aye aye, ma'am! Say, think you can wrangle a spare generator for poor ol' Sergei from these WEB guys, eh? Just because Sergei knows Siberia don't mean he be wanting to relive the experience, you know?

Charlie

Spoiler: At the Railyard [PM]
    Show
    From his vantage point, Charlie fished out his cell, and called Penny even as he was watching her going about her work.

"Oh by the way, Penny. Just got informed of this last minute, but the Lightning Centurion has been informed of what's going on here, and is cool with it. So, no need for you to worry on that count."

"Might want to pick up the pace a little there though, the client said they wanted about [16 units] worth. You need a hand down there or something?"
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2014-01-01 at 11:44 PM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Golden Flock

Family [P]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Hello, I was wondering if you would be amiable to do a tinsy little favor in return for a wee bit shinnies? I've heard you had quiate a smooth talker among you, so perhaps said lady can talk to some people about certain things?''

Limpeza [P]
    Spoiler
    Show

''It is true, that I know a few things here and there, perch on certain places. Can I ask you a question in return - what is your opinion on the events surrounding that sorcerer - Mordecai Carter and magic in general?''

Ice [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Forgot to put it in mid-turn - how did my efforts to uncover corpses went?

Eduard
    Seagulls 2

Locate marine life that I can use my Power on - make a deal with them to check the bay for the remains as per what Vorpal told me. Have a few of them delivered to the shore, so they would ’’wash up’’ there.

[Database Movers & Shakers 2]

I want to identify a detective in ICPD who’s ambitious and whose career needs a boost. And who would be receptive. Give him the top to be at the beach to find the remains and enough information so he knows where to look for bodies and where to dig to find where those bodies came from.

Furthermore, see if we can make an arrangement, that my [Press & Rumor Monger] would sniff out this story, but this detective would ’’forestall’’ us for the good of investigation (though with promise of being in the front seats and goodwill of the department). He looks good for handling the press - we get goodwill of the department and men inside, who owes us.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?