New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World III

[Hueco Mundo: Las Noches]

Valentina just happened to turn onto the street that let her see the nine uplifted Sin Rostro. She glanced at them just as they all stood up. Watching them all act like that, in unison...

She shivers. It's eerie. Even after so long, she still hasn't been able to shake off that feeling. They were a creepy force of nature when they were Sin Rostro, and they're unnerving now that they're not.

Regardless.

Something must be up. Maybe they know something about Mikael and where he went when all the trouble in the Soul Society happened.

She walks up to them and prepares herself for their unnatural way of answering. "Hey. Have any of you seen what happened with Mikael?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Seireitei > Engineering Lieutenant's Office)

Outside Seireitei and Rukongai, beyond the expanse of the surviving buildings, there is a short expanse of wastelands before the odd satellite that is Soul Society cuts off into space. For a few hours since the start of the first day in its new position... there's been movement. A small, but visible dust cloud kicking up as something moves across the wastes.

...and the booming of music. It's hardly fully audible at this range. But the bass is audible at the outskirts of the Rukon.

It makes a few cycles... before turning. The music gets louder...

And then Takenaka Chouko, skating on... what appears to be a quickly oscillating wheel of energy protruding from her metallic legs, zooms through the Rukon, followed by the source of music, which is apparently Samson, speakers blasting near their maximum volume. She makes a beeline for the gates, or more particularly, the one she knows is open through surveillance. Leaping fully over the rioting crowds in a acrobatic pirouette off the handle, she lands and continues skating in the direction of Engineering.

Hideki likely hears the music long before Chouko's shouting. In fact he might not even hear Chouko's shouting over the music.

"YO! KOUTETSU! OPEN THE WINDOW! GOT A HEAD FULL OF CRAZY TO SHARE WITH YOU!"

Assuming Hideki opens a window, Chouko leaps through, deactivating her boots and rolling, landing square in a chair, her metallic legs finding a place on the desk, and... is she smoking a cigar? The hell? She didn't even smoke, that Hideki knew of. Samson leaps through after, turning the music down.

Assuming Hideki does not open a window... well, Chouko just kicks through it and the same thing happens. Except now there's glass everywhere.

"So, what's up, homes? Got any plots for this mad science powwow?"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-08-20 at 01:09 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "That's where we execute those guilty of highest treason. Those we CAN'T allow to be reincarnated.

Execution sites aren't popular tourist sites. Even on the off-chance, we can't allow those without clearance up that mountain anyhow."
    The Arrancar places its hands behind its back. "You shouldn't underestimate people's curiosity towards the macabre. I'm sure great many people would pay a big penny to see a genuine place of death and torture." The snakes on its shoulders chuckle. "Alas, we have no money with us. Out of curiosity, how do you keep those you kill from reincarnating?"

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Hueco Mundo: Las Noches]

Valentina just happened to turn onto the street that let her see the nine uplifted Sin Rostro. She glanced at them just as they all stood up. Watching them all act like that, in unison...

She shivers. It's eerie. Even after so long, she still hasn't been able to shake off that feeling. They were a creepy force of nature when they were Sin Rostro, and they're unnerving now that they're not.

Regardless.

Something must be up. Maybe they know something about Mikael and where he went when all the trouble in the Soul Society happened.

She walks up to them and prepares herself for their unnatural way of answering. "Hey. Have any of you seen what happened with Mikael?"
    Nine heads and uncounted eyes turn towards Valentina. Eight voices answer from eight heads:

"Mu. *)"
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."

Then, eight of the Arrancars turn away from Valentina and begin walking down the street in an arrowhead formation, hands behind their back. One remains behind, giving the Sexta Espada a concerned look. "Why would you care of what has happened to him?"

Spoiler: OOC Notes
    Show
    *) Mu roughly translates to "nothing", and can be considered a negative answer. However, it can also be considered a non-answer indicating that there's a fault in the question that prevents a meaningful answer from being given. It has many other appropriate meanings as well, but I'll leave the fun of figuring those out to you.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #934
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Soul Society]

The Arrancar places its hands behind its back. "You shouldn't underestimate people's curiosity towards the macabre. I'm sure great many people would pay a big penny to see a genuine place of death and torture." The snakes on its shoulders chuckle. "Alas, we have no money with us. Out of curiosity, how do you keep those you kill from reincarnating?"

---

Nine heads and uncounted eyes turn towards Valentina. Eight voices answer from eight heads:

"Mu. *)"
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."
    "Mu."

Then, eight of the Arrancars turn away from Valentina and begin walking down the street in an arrowhead formation, hands behind their back. One remains behind, giving the Sexta Espada a concerned look. "Why would you care of what has happened to him?"

Spoiler: OOC Notes
    Show
    *) Mu roughly translates to "nothing", and can be considered a negative answer. However, it can also be considered a non-answer indicating that there's a fault in the question that prevents a meaningful answer from being given. It has many other appropriate meanings as well, but I'll leave the fun of figuring those out to you.
    "One usually reserves such luxuries for places of death and execution that are not in use anymore. Too much of a security risk otherwise." The second question causes him to perk an eyebrow. "Well... I haven't been to such executions myself, so I wouldn't know, but from what I hear, the soul is completely incinerated down to its most elementary particles."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ettin in the Playground

"Incinerating implies burning. Creating enough heat to release all energy in one's soul would truly be a feat. What kind of a device do you use to generate it? Is it some kind of a furnace?"

6. - Top - End - #936
    Orc in the Playground

"Like I said, I wouldn't know. I suppose such a furnace would be something you can see from here, so it's probably not that.

We don't actually execute people that way that often. It's bad for the spiritual environment, and the offenses that come with that penalty are incredibly serious. I don't think there's been that heinous a crime in Soul Society for well over six hundred years."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

"We'll have to ask someone better informed, then." There's a sly undertone to the Arrancar's voice. "Hmmm... someone like your 'okashira', maybe?It would be interesting to see what kind of a person a man like you defers to."

8. - Top - End - #938
    Orc in the Playground

"Not sure whether that's a compliment to him or to me, but either way I'll take it.

There aren't lots of folks in my division that deal with executions. Nobody likes the work. Leaves your sake with a bitter aftertaste, and poisons the tongues of people around you. At least the boys and girls in Combat and Recon get to fight enemies that don't look like your next-door neighbor..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

A snake on the Arrancar's shoulder speaks: "Oh, we know the feeling. It's hard to escape the fact that executing people who murder others is, in itself, murder. Back in our day, we wore masks, so people wouldn't recognize us in our civilian lives. But then we died, and the mask became something we could remove no longer."

10. - Top - End - #940
    Orc in the Playground

"Our executioners wear masks, too, but they don't help. By virtue of necessity, one in the Gotei is not allowed to lie about which division he or she belongs to. And the people of the Rukon certainly can't tell. So either way we become bogeymen among our own people, never-you-mind that most of the time Internal Security acts more as diplomats or bodyguards within our own ranks."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Seireitei
    Engineering - Hideki's Office

Hideki does not hear shouting over the music and the rioting, but he does hear the music and the rioting. The window is open.

And then Chouko is sitting in front of him after backflipping over his head.

"I do, in fact. The drafts for initial quarrying of materials are done, as is the project for a terraforming engine to make the planet's core."

Quarrying is boring as all hell, but Hideki slides the file to Chouko anyway, under the engine's, which is a big reactor of reishi-fusing kidõ.

"Relatively simple to develop, although it relies on a number of family secrets, and will thus require my supervision."

-----------------

Kotetsu Hold

The noblewoman sits back while the engagements begin. Looking at her fan for a few moments more.

And then she looks back to the front and points her hand up.

"Secret Hadõ. Rokushõbaku."

A ball of viridian flame forms amid the clouds above, and then descends into the frontline as a meteor, and crashes similarly, spreading its vitriol out in the frontline in a wide blast before imploding into itself.

The shinigami had better shunpo out of the way, this is most certainly the same attack that left those piles of twisted, charred meat they saw before. The rioters, mere pluses, won't have much of a chance to dodge it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society; somewhere in Seireitei]

"That is the common fate of all of those with authority and power. The law is never trusted by those who've been slighted by it or can't affect it. We would wager that just like your compatriots are suspicuous of your Division, so many of the Rukongai are suspicuous of all of Gotei. No matter how noble or kind you really are, in the end it's you who bear arms and have the license to use them. It does not take much sense to realize the things nominally meant to protect them could as well be used against them."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-08-20 at 10:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Kotetsu Hold

The noblewoman sits back while the engagements begin. Looking at her fan for a few moments more.

And then she looks back to the front and points her hand up.

"Secret Hadõ. Rokushõbaku."

A ball of viridian flame forms amid the clouds above, and then descends into the frontline as a meteor, and crashes similarly, spreading its vitriol out in the frontline in a wide blast before imploding into itself.

The shinigami had better shunpo out of the way, this is most certainly the same attack that left those piles of twisted, charred meat they saw before. The rioters, mere pluses, won't have much of a chance to dodge it.
    The IntSec Shinigami all scatter at the sight of the cataclysmic Hado forming overhead. The one named Issei trips over himself as he tries to flee, but some quick thinking on Satoshi's part spares him from the effects of the meteoric blast. In the wake of the fireball, Satoshi sees several piles of blackened remains similar to the ones they had seen before. So those other bodies were likely from a previous encounter with the raiders...No wonder the noblewoman was surprised to see a Shinigami response team.

((If you want to introduce the leader, now might be a good time for him to strike and take down a few witless Shinigami before engaging Satoshi.))

14. - Top - End - #944
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Seireitei
    Engineering - Hideki's Office

Hideki does not hear shouting over the music and the rioting, but he does hear the music and the rioting. The window is open.

And then Chouko is sitting in front of him after backflipping over his head.

"I do, in fact. The drafts for initial quarrying of materials are done, as is the project for a terraforming engine to make the planet's core."

Quarrying is boring as all hell, but Hideki slides the file to Chouko anyway, under the engine's, which is a big reactor of reishi-fusing kidõ.

"Relatively simple to develop, although it relies on a number of family secrets, and will thus require my supervision."
    Chouko looks over the file, puffing on her sudden cigar a few times. "Practical."

Pause. "Meaning boring. How do ya plan to get the rocks here? Lasso 'em?"

Another pause. "Because ya can't. My idea. BAM." She slams her hand on the table. There isn't actually anything in it, if Hideki was expecting a file.

However his printer does fire up. While Chouko looks over the specifics some more, assuming he takes a look, apparently Chouko was looking at... a gravity glove? With all of the meteors around, it's certainly effective. But space travel would probably be perilous, even for shinigami, with the lack of oxygen.

Oh wait right she has robots.

(Koutetsu Hold)

Actually, the noblewoman's kido was the exact reason the assailants decided to switch to a more guerilla style of assault. She does catch one in the flames, perishing instantly... but they're all moving between the buildings outside and effectively using cover. Plus, most of them are on opposite sides of the building, steadily demolishing it with dynamite.

Of course, as the shinigami scatter, something leaps through the hole in the wall after the kido, clad fully in armor yet disturbingly nimble, wielding a shovel that seems repurposed into an axe. It cuts through the green flames with an aura of energy around it, swinging for the Noblewoman's head, speaking with an echoing, ambiguous tone.

"Yeh nobles 'ave 'ad more'n yer fill fer cen'tries! S'time we took back!"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-08-20 at 11:26 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Chouko looks over the file, puffing on her sudden cigar a few times. "Practical."

Pause. "Meaning boring. How do ya plan to get the rocks here? Lasso 'em?"

Another pause. "Because ya can't. My idea. BAM." She slams her hand on the table. There isn't actually anything in it, if Hideki was expecting a file.

However his printer does fire up. While Chouko looks over the specifics some more, assuming he takes a look, apparently Chouko was looking at... a gravity glove? With all of the meteors around, it's certainly effective. But space travel would probably be perilous, even for shinigami, with the lack of oxygen.

Oh wait right she has robots.
    "Takenaka, we are not making a world out of kishi. It would destabilize the rest of the orbits of this system and crash us somewhere."

(Koutetsu Hold)

Actually, the noblewoman's kido was the exact reason the assailants decided to switch to a more guerilla style of assault. She does catch one in the flames, perishing instantly... but they're all moving between the buildings outside and effectively using cover. Plus, most of them are on opposite sides of the building, steadily demolishing it with dynamite.

Of course, as the shinigami scatter, something leaps through the hole in the wall after the kido, clad fully in armor yet disturbingly nimble, wielding a shovel that seems repurposed into an axe. It cuts through the green flames with an aura of energy around it, swinging for the Noblewoman's head, speaking with an echoing, ambiguous tone.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    The IntSec Shinigami all scatter at the sight of the cataclysmic Hado forming overhead. The one named Issei trips over himself as he tries to flee, but some quick thinking on Satoshi's part spares him from the effects of the meteoric blast. In the wake of the fireball, Satoshi sees several piles of blackened remains similar to the ones they had seen before. So those other bodies were likely from a previous encounter with the raiders...No wonder the noblewoman was surprised to see a Shinigami response team.

((If you want to introduce the leader, now might be a good time for him to strike and take down a few witless Shinigami before engaging Satoshi.))
    The woman is unfazed, merely looking down into her fan once more after the leader is finished talking.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #946
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Engineering HQ - Hideki's Office)

...Chouko stops grinning for a moment, and Hideki can tell she is glaring at him through her visor.

"...are we really having this conversation right now, Koutetsu? 'cause I thought you had more faith in me than that." Something else comes through his printer. "You wanna throw down? I will totally throw down. I'll throw down the gauntlet of all gauntlets, 'cause the gauntlet is my arm."

Oh. It's a kishi conversion engine. That could work.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Of course.

"Throw down both while we are at it. But yes, I suppose this would expand the range of materials while allowing less reactors. More troublesome to mine, however."

"My plan was to mine from Hueco Mundo and to harvest from the Void, for the record."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #948
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society; somewhere in Seireitei]

"That is the common fate of all of those with authority and power. The law is never trusted by those who've been slighted by it or can't affect it. We would wager that just like your compatriots are suspicuous of your Division, so many of the Rukongai are suspicuous of all of Gotei. No matter how noble or kind you really are, in the end it's you who bear arms and have the license to use them. It does not take much sense to realize the things nominally meant to protect them could as well be used against them."
    "I suspect they would be slightly less inclined towards fear if they would be able to see our work in their favor. In fact, the new leading man at the Combat Division's put a project forward to that effect. We've been drilling some of the Combat Division on non-lethal techniques and policework for a few months now. They ought to be on patrol right now."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #949
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

"Kind of the point there, Hideki. Meteroids have s***tons of minerals in them that we can put to use. We combine the plans for max efficienacity, and get a bunch of free iron-filled space rocks for the the trouble. Everyone wins." Beat.

"Well, except the meteormen. My 'bots will shoot them on sight."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #950
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Las Noches]
    Valentina's District

"I was just wondering," she says defensively. Valentina then adds, "It's because of everything that was happening. There were portals and gargantas and pluses and Shinigami everywhere, and if you ask me, some of them you can only trust them as far as you can throw them, and Mikael had been feeling a little week, and I was just worried that he might have gone somewhere he shouldn't have and..." The gaze of this arrancar is pretty intimidating. What if he gets the wrong idea?

La Sexta Espada gets flustered before continuing. "It's not like I miss him already or anything. Good riddance, always calling me 'cat girl' and stuff. It's just that, well, you know, he's been staying here for so long. W-what if he left something behind? Or, with all the chaos that was happening with Soul Society, and he's just a human, and what if he got left behind somewhere?" Valentina's pretty silly, thinking Mikael can't take care of himself. "I-I mean, why am I telling you this? It's not like any of you know where he is, they all - gesturing in the direction of those eight that left - said so."

All across Las Noches

Over the past short while - and especially just after the influx and departure of so many Plus souls - the Hollow population of Las Noches has been sharply increasing. By this, I don't mean Arrancares, but just plain regular Hollows and Adjuchas pouring in from far outside the influence of Las Noches. With all the movement in Las Noches, these foreigners went basically unnoticed but once the din died down, their presence became more apparent.

Little minor problems began happening across all of Las Noches: disagreements over prices, growing arguments over what can or can't work, brawls breaking out in the streets, large groups of people slowing down movement through arches and other narrow construction areas, and so on. Nearly every single one of these minor problems could be traced back to a Hollow who just arrived in Las Noches that day or the day before.

Meanwhile,
    Grand Library

Not a single one of the aforementioned problems are occurring around the massive library. Just like the majority of Las Noches citizens, many of the foreign Hollows have no care for all the knowledge hidden in these books.

There is, of course, a single exception to this. A single Hollow - still with her mask on, obviously - enters the library and begins browsing through the entire building, looking for a particular bit of knowledge.

Like most Adjuchas, she looks fairly humanlike. Even her mask looks humanlike. The biggest difference is below her waist, which is a big long snake's body. Her clothes are fairly standard for Las Noches citizens, except she also wears a hijab veil (which covers most all her head except her eyes). I suppose that's significant.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    (Koutetsu Hold)

((Whoops, heh...My mistake on the whole "only one person died" thing.))

The Shinigami struggle to react as chaos continues to wrack the Koutetsu hold. Few of them are paying attention as the armor-clad leader of the insurgents vaults through the breached wall and takes a swing at the Koutetsu noblewoman. The edge of his makeshift weapon gets about two feet from her head before it's batted down into the turf by the blade of a Zanpakuto. Being possibly the fastest of the cadre, Satoshi was the first to react to the enemy's entrance, and with his quick-step, he was also the only one to reach the danger zone in time to protect the noblewoman.

"I don't care what you think you're due," he growls at the armored man, struggling to keep the axe-bladed shovel pinned down. "It doesn't give you the right...to lash out like this!!" Glancing back briefly toward the Koutetsu noblewoman, he instructs her, "Please, step back...I'll handle this." His gaze will fix on the assailant again as he finishes, "I'll give you one chance to be the bigger man and drop your weapon. Stop this pointless violence now, and you and yours might be given some lenience. But if you insist on fighting me...I will subdue you by any means necessary."

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

Soul Society; somewhere in Seireitei]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I suspect they would be slightly less inclined towards fear if they would be able to see our work in their favor. In fact, the new leading man at the Combat Division's put a project forward to that effect. We've been drilling some of the Combat Division on non-lethal techniques and policework for a few months now. They ought to be on patrol right now."
    "We're afraid that is wishful thinking", the snake heads say. "Oh, by the way... where do you think we should stay for the night?" The logical answer to that would be "in jail". "Nanashi" is a self-admitted penniless drifter and is not, strictly speaking, part of Las Noches military. As they caught it and Kaoru snooping around a restricted area, it'd be fully in their rights to just lock the Arrancar up somewhere before kicking it out of the city's nearest gate.

---

[Las Noches]
    Valentina's District
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    "I was just wondering," she says defensively. Valentina then adds, "It's because of everything that was happening. There were portals and gargantas and pluses and Shinigami everywhere, and if you ask me, some of them you can only trust them as far as you can throw them, and Mikael had been feeling a little week, and I was just worried that he might have gone somewhere he shouldn't have and..." The gaze of this arrancar is pretty intimidating. What if he gets the wrong idea?

La Sexta Espada gets flustered before continuing. "It's not like I miss him already or anything. Good riddance, always calling me 'cat girl' and stuff. It's just that, well, you know, he's been staying here for so long. W-what if he left something behind? Or, with all the chaos that was happening with Soul Society, and he's just a human, and what if he got left behind somewhere?" Valentina's pretty silly, thinking Mikael can't take care of himself. "I-I mean, why am I telling you this? It's not like any of you know where he is, they all - gesturing in the direction of those eight that left - said so."
    All eyes on the Arrancar's face blink. First, those that are where eyes should be. Then those that are not. Then those on the snake heads, like blinking lights on a console. "We can hardly believe our ears. You have a crush on him", all the mouths on its face and of snakes speak in unison. The voices are soft and full of surprise. "Not something we would expect from a creature like you."

23. - Top - End - #953
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Koutetsu Hold)

Satoshi might not get to finish before the armored figure aims a punch straight for his jaw. If he lets it through, it's like getting walloped by a combat squad team member. This person definitely was no normal plus. With one hand, Kishi brings its axe-shovel to bear, sweeping for his legs.

"Ge' outta my way, yeh daf' prick!"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ettin in the Playground

[Meanwhile, in the Void between Dimensions]

The fabric separating the Earth from the spiritual realm, and the spiritual realms from one another, has been under a lot of strain lately. First, a certain Shinigami of ill health cast a mad goddess to some far reaches of space, hopefully to never return. Second, the 1st King of Hollows sent millions of souls at once to afterlife to upset the balance between worlds. Third, hundreds of Arrancars created thousands of pathways in and out of Soul Society to evacuate citizens of Rukongai from the way of disaster. Indeed, the space between Hueco Mundo has likely seen more traffic in the last two days than it saw in the last hundred years, and that is accounting for the mass onslaught preceding the disappearance of Menos. Then, most of Soul Society was broken apart and forcibly shunted through time and space to various parts of the material universe. Lastly, there was the fight between the Primera Espada and his challenger.

Through all this, the Void has remained largely as it was before. But now, something has finally become the straw breaking the camel's back. At the spots where Arrancars crossed to the place where Soul Society used to be, holes are punched into the dimensional wall, with blue light shining from them. At first, they are tiny, like distant stars if viewed from the common routes from Hueco Mundo to Earth, but slowly they expand. Then, cracks appear, connecting the dots to each other like frozen bolts of lightning. For hours, they do nothing but spread, like a spider's web along a wall. They look rather innocuous, until they cover an area roughly similar to outer Rukon rings in diameter... or in other words, a large country. Then, like maw of some ancient god, the space itself yawns, filling the ordinarily dark expanse with bright blue light.

The light isn't the only thing coming out: all the remaining air and bedrock from the dimension where Soul Society used to be are vomited into the emptiness. The space around them constricts, convulses and then expands, creating a sort of pressure wave accelerating the cloud of debris before it.

Soul Society is so far removed from its old location that it is safe from these phenomena. Shinigami don't ordinarily use the Void for anything and most of Rukon citizens are now safely staying in either Las Noches or the newly-relocated Rukongai. Hueco Mundo and Earth, well, they might not be so lucky...

25. - Top - End - #955
    Orc in the Playground

Soul Society; somewhere in Seireitei]

"We're afraid that is wishful thinking", the snake heads say. "Oh, by the way... where do you think we should stay for the night?" The logical answer to that would be "in jail". "Nanashi" is a self-admitted penniless drifter and is not, strictly speaking, part of Las Noches military. As they caught it and Kaoru snooping around a restricted area, it'd be fully in their rights to just lock the Arrancar up somewhere before kicking it out of the city's nearest gate.

---
    "You actually have a few questions to answer, but other than a bit of trespassing, you haven't done anything I actually have to worry about, did you? You'll go through a standard interrogation procedure, and then I'll talk to the okashira to decide what to do with you.

Strictly speaking, you're actually Las Noches' problem. You're one of their citizens, I trust?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ettin in the Playground

"We were created there, yes." The eyes of the Arrancar glance up. "We did not bother to check if that makes us a 'citizen', though. Nobody... save for one person... really cared all that much about our existence. We probably weren't even considered sentient."

27. - Top - End - #957
    Orc in the Playground

"That's a story I need to hear more of. Don't be intimidated by the interrogation room. Curiosity's only a crime if it's done with ill intent.

Come along, then."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

The snake heads again chuckle at the officer's comments. Besides that, the former Sin Rostro follows obediently, without further commentary.

((OOC: feel free to fast-forward time by plenty to get boss man to right location.))

29. - Top - End - #959
    Orc in the Playground

[The Interrogation room]

"Here we are, then.

You said your name was Nanashi, right? 'No-name' is a really bad moniker to go by."
    Gunji noted.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ettin in the Playground

"It is a perfectly accurate one."