New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LIX: Ice Cream, Stamps, and Lorn

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    NA?
    Indeed. FORUM WORD COUNT!!

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Banned

So this is happening. (I can't really say more than that because I can't view the article from this computer, but assuming it's about what it claims to be about, it's about damn time.)

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

4.11 Patch Notes

This is just great.

Spoiler
    Show

Lucian
    We have no change for Lucian this patch but wanted to highlight that he's currently high on our list. Specifically in competitive play, Lucian is crowding out almost all other marksman choices (aside from maybe Kog'Maw) due to his high general strengths and lack of meaningful weaknesses (does this sound familiar?). We're currently very aware of Lucian's dominating performance but want to make sure we get the right changes in to give him said weaknesses!

General
    VERY STRONG Yes ⇒ Still yes
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    This is just great.
    lucian nerfs coming right after sion rework, stay tuned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

4.11 Patch Notes

This is just great.

Spoiler
    Show

Lucian
    We have no change for Lucian this patch but wanted to highlight that he's currently high on our list. Specifically in competitive play, Lucian is crowding out almost all other marksman choices (aside from maybe Kog'Maw) due to his high general strengths and lack of meaningful weaknesses (does this sound familiar?). We're currently very aware of Lucian's dominating performance but want to make sure we get the right changes in to give him said weaknesses!

General
    VERY STRONG Yes ⇒ Still yes
    The change to minion experience range and turret damage is a big deal. People are going to kill themselves on dives and it's also way harder to zone a lane now. 1400 range for experience is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    lucian nerfs coming right after sion rework, stay tuned
    That's when they make Poppy competitively viable, right?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    That's when they make Poppy competitively viable, right?
    actually the reason nobody plays poppy in competitive is because michel platini struck a deal with singed and doctored everything so that she's not played because there's mad dosh in not seeing her being played
    it's complicated but this is the reason doublelift went from poppy garen janna main into adcarrying
    this is the reason quas doesn't play poppy top
    it's contractual obligation
    she's op as hell and everyone knows that, just look at that ult
    Last edited by Winthur; 2014-07-01 at 09:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Troll in the Playground

If I didn't find Aatrox boring as heck I'd buy that mecha skin in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    So this is happening. (I can't really say more than that because I can't view the article from this computer, but assuming it's about what it claims to be about, it's about damn time.)
    Yup, they intend to rework the client chat.

There's a paragraph or three about a "persistent hangout" and a line or two that imply they want to add the ability to invite an entire chat room to a game.

Spoiler: Full Text
    Show

Riot Metasystem here to talk to you about our chat room system. Many have pointed out that there are some flaws and I'm here to discuss those issues and solutions to address them.

The official public chat rooms have grown rife with RP sellers, scammers and Elo-boost spam. The default four rooms we established can be used by a tiny fraction of our players at a time. Given the number of League players, most conversation spills into private, community-created rooms.

Unfortunately, private chat rooms and even the awesome community hubs like Dominate Dominion and Summoner School lack moderation tools beyond the ignore button. While the experience in private chat rooms is better than the public versions, we still want to provide tools to address unwelcome drop-ins and toxic behavior.

Long term we’re exploring and working on major and minor improvements to chat and chat rooms aimed at enhancing usability and adding new functionality.

As an immediate action we’re going to disable the public chat rooms until they’re useful and accessible. In their current shape they just don’t work and can actively create negative experiences for many players (especially new players).

We’ll keep all private chat rooms and messaging available to everyone, and bring the official public chat rooms back as soon as we can.

Now that we’ve talked about the current state of chat and some of our first steps, I want to explore what our goals for chat are.

We’d like to create a persistent hangout for the friends you play with. Those friends should bring in their like-minded friends as well, and the badass players you meet playing great games. While you're at it, why not invite some players from the community as well?

At the end of the day, when you log in you should feel like you're surrounded by active players that like to play League the way you do. You should be to able jump easily into games with those friends - - without having to send game invites one by one.

Whether we call them chat rooms, hangouts or communities, they could grow to serve many purposes. Players could build a community for junglers, a mentoring group, a champion theory-crafting channel, or casual ARAM or Team Ranked LFGs. Some great communities like these already exist in League but it's not easy to manage them well.

When we think about these social spaces, we think a good starting point to solve the existing problems is a solid set of tools that empowers players and Riot to create, own, and manage all kinds of different social environments.

Right now we’re looking for your feedback. Tell us what you’re looking for in our chat rooms, and how we can provide you with the right tools to make them into strong communities. We'll work on the improvements at a steady pace, and keep you posted along the way. Join the discussion below!

Thanks, Riot Metasystem
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2014-07-01 at 09:26 PM. Reason: "quote" is not "spoiler"
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Really? It seems to be pretty decent item for supports like Lux, Sona, Janna, or Alistar. Not a must get, priority item, but still worth getting.
    every item is decent in one way or another, what's important is if it's better than its competition. censor isn't better than shurelya's, mikael's, or even locket.
    it's too early to say whether or not the first blood, tower, and experience range changes will have the intended effect, but i'm consistently disappointed by how ham-fisted these sort of changes tend to be. the experience range buff in particular is huge. increasing the value of first blood to make it a worthwhile endeavor certainly doesn't necessitate the turret and experience range changes.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2014-07-01 at 09:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    And this is how we all learned that, contrary to popular opinion in America,

not even can prevent Forrestfire.

Congrats.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    And this is how we all learned that, contrary to popular opinion in America,

not even can prevent Forrestfire.

Congrats.
    I woke up my dogs trying to stifle laughter. I hope you're happy

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I woke up my dogs trying to stifle laughter. I hope you're happy
    I canine tell a lie, I am.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    every item is decent in one way or another, what's important is if it's better than its competition. censor isn't better than shurelya's, mikael's, or even locket.
    QFT. Censer is definitely a luxury item and not even a good one at that and only on very limited champions with a AOE shield/heal like Alistar heal, Thresh Lantern. +25% Aspd is quite meh.

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    it's too early to say whether or not the first blood, tower, and experience range changes will have the intended effect, but i'm consistently disappointed by how ham-fisted these sort of changes tend to be. the experience range buff in particular is huge. increasing the value of first blood to make it a worthwhile endeavor certainly doesn't necessitate the turret and experience range changes.
    I think its balancing out the risk/reward system - its harder to turret dive but when you do, you get rewarded more. In the bigger picture, rewarding early kills also encourages more plays early, which is great for entertainment value of competitive matches. No more 45 min farming snooze fests ala CLG EU
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Amumu has a love afair with Quillcoat, Golem/Liandrys/Rylais/Abyssal/Sorcs/Randuins is a perfectly valid build. Maybe swap out randuins for sunfire if you want more offense.
    My standard Amumu build is Spirit Stone (now Quillcoat?) -> Sorc's + Guise -> Finish Golem -> Sunfire -> Abyssal -> FH -> Finish Liandry's.

He has a nice midgame damage spike when he finishes both penetration items, starts to stack up on tankiness (without scrimping on damage due to Sunfire/Abyssal synergy with his kit) for the teamfighting stage and then lategame gets a second %health shred for the damages. Also 40% cdr (I run 10% base from runes/masteries) means moar ult uptime for fights and also chain-stunning for great success. Max E>Q>W since I feel like W gains the least from leveling early.

Generally when I play Amumu, I'm in the top 3 for damage done to champions in the game, if not outright first.

I don't actually play Amumu that much.

Edit:

NEWUTILITY Vladimir can now cast summoner spells and use items while in his troll pool
    Is this the real life...
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-07-02 at 04:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

Vladimir
    We think the world is ready for a Vlad who can use Flash after he's entered his Sanguine Pool. Or Ghost. Or Heal. OR ZHONYA'S HOURGLASS?!
    W - Sanguine Pool
    NEWUTILITY Vladimir can now cast summoner spells and use items while in his troll pool
    Oh my.

Prepare yourself for a new wave of vlad players and people raging about him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. As someone who was already a Vlad player, I am unreasonably happy about this unwarranted buff.

omg heal while in pool would be the trolliest thing ever.

Edit: Noooooo, my waifu has put on weight. T_T

Mecha Aatrox is meh, compared to Justicar Aatrox which I already own. Mecha Malphite looks cool, though my fondness for ice skins might slightly edge Glacial Malphite ahead of it in favor, especially since Glacial is going on sale this month.

I do like the changes to Headhunter Caitlyn they made.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-07-02 at 03:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

I'm seeing all sorts of Pool of Gold screwups in the future.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

So it dawns on me as I'm watching the OGN. I've now seen top lane Gregas do first max on each of his abilities. E max has only been worse thus far, but QW seem pretty back and forth.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Barbarian in the Playground

So today I played Draven vs a Lucian/Leona bot lane... yeah, it went about as well as can be expected. I ended laning phase 1/3/0.

Having a support would've helped immensely, but our instalocked Xin who was supposed to be supporting connected 10 minutes late. Then immediately proceeded to top lane and stayed there for about 5 mins, then went mid and then finally came bot after the enemy team started shouting at him to go support me.

We lost that game badly. Siiiiiiigh.

Instalocking and the whole call order thing, even in normals, makes me furious. My connection is a little slower, therefore I'm forced out of my favoured roles (jungle, top, mid, adc, support in order of preference).

*grumbles*
    Illumian Dread Necromancer Lich avatar by Tinymushroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    So today I played Draven vs a Lucian/Leona bot lane... yeah, it went about as well as can be expected. I ended laning phase 1/3/0.

Having a support would've helped immensely, but our instalocked Xin who was supposed to be supporting connected 10 minutes late. Then immediately proceeded to top lane and stayed there for about 5 mins, then went mid and then finally came bot after the enemy team started shouting at him to go support me.

We lost that game badly. Siiiiiiigh.

Instalocking and the whole call order thing, even in normals, makes me furious. My connection is a little slower, therefore I'm forced out of my favoured roles (jungle, top, mid, adc, support in order of preference).

*grumbles*
    I recommend draft mode if that's a problem. This way you get the pick order which should allow you to get what you want a reasonable amount of time even if you lose few seconds of pick time due to your connection. Of course, it requires 16 champions open, but that might not be a problem, right?
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

22. - Top - End - #1192

I recommend draft mode if that's a problem. This way you get the pick order which should allow you to get what you want a reasonable amount of time even if you lose few seconds of pick time due to your connection. Of course, it requires 16 champions open, but that might not be a problem, right?
    Unfortunately I'm pre-30 on EUW and the queue times are long enough I can make a cup of tea and a sandwich (as long as it's not too elaborate).

*checks champions* 16. Lucky me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Annie, Darius, Draven (w/skins), Garen (w/skin), Gragas, Jax, Leona, Yi, Nunu, Sejuani, Swain, Talon, Tryndamere (w/skin), Udyr, Vi, Warwick. Guess which role I prefer.
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

23. - Top - End - #1193

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    Unfortunately I'm pre-30 on EUW and the queue times are long enough I can make a cup of tea and a sandwich (as long as it's not too elaborate).

*checks champions* 16. Lucky me.
    If you'll provide your summoner name I can add you to the list on the first post.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

Apart from TF and Bork what would be good to build on Irelia? Should I go tank from there or should I go more offensive with LW and/or Hydra?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Apart from TF and Bork what would be good to build on Irelia? Should I go tank from there or should I go more offensive with LW and/or Hydra?
    Wickd uses TF/Zephyr/tanky a fair bit. Either way, after a maximum of two damage items getting tank items is heavily recommended. You have plenty of pain to share, it's no good if you aren't alive to do just that. TF > Tanky itself is also a very viable Irelia build path; unlike Jax, she doesn't really need two damage items and since she doesn't get similar defensive steroids, getting tanky stuff earlier is really quite smart unless you're far ahead. And yeah, Tenacity plus Defensive masteries + her passive = crowd control does barely anything.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ettin in the Playground

Played an ARAM last night as Nunu. The post-game chat went something like this:

Me: "Whoo! Most assists!"
    Garen: "And the most deaths and least kills."
    Me: "Gotta hang my hat on something :P"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

27. - Top - End - #1197

Wickd uses TF/Zephyr/tanky a fair bit. Either way, after a maximum of two damage items getting tank items is heavily recommended. You have plenty of pain to share, it's no good if you aren't alive to do just that. TF > Tanky itself is also a very viable Irelia build path; unlike Jax, she doesn't really need two damage items and since she doesn't get similar defensive steroids, getting tanky stuff earlier is really quite smart unless you're far ahead. And yeah, Tenacity plus Defensive masteries + her passive = crowd control does barely anything.
    Word. Irelia doesn't need LW as she's already doing true damage. That's why TF synergises well with her kit. She's the champion whom I wish there was a LoL equivalent of Mask of Madness DoTA item.
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?

28. - Top - End - #1198

Bork Irelia isn't very good

29. - Top - End - #1199

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    If you'll provide your summoner name I can add you to the list on the first post.
    Darius or Draven.

Yes, that is my actual summoner name. Yes, I regret it slightly. Yes, I play both of them to at least a reasonable skill level (I think).

Blood~

30. - Top - End - #1200

What server?