New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Yep, I know. Cuz that's the list of stuff I own. :P

I dislike the amprex, though. It eats through ammo much to quickly for my tastes. D:
    Ah, at that point? Well, Halikar is nice and then there's that Archwing stuff (Centaur, Fluctus and Elytron) if you happen to have the parts - Centaur is the best Archmelee (and Archmelee is really good) so that'd be my first priority.

And Amprex, once it's fully modded it's surprisingly ammo efficient; you can do a lot by making sure not to overkill either as it does pack a lot of punch. I've noticed my ammo problems in general have largely been alleviated (aside from Kohm, which suffers of the stupid shotgun ammo drops unless you run Mutation) when I got the full damage setups and started using just enough to kill the enemy group rather than going for the massive overkill.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    And Amprex, once it's fully modded it's surprisingly ammo efficient; you can do a lot by making sure not to overkill either as it does pack a lot of punch. I've noticed my ammo problems in general have largely been alleviated (aside from Kohm, which suffers of the stupid shotgun ammo drops unless you run Mutation) when I got the full damage setups and started using just enough to kill the enemy group rather than going for the massive overkill.
    The solution to your amprex ammo problems is Mesa. Charge your 1 however you wish, unload it, and then fire into a group of enemies. Watch as they explode into numbers!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I guess it'd be less of a problem if I could land more headshots. What's your build like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    The solution to your amprex ammo problems is Mesa. Charge your 1 however you wish, unload it, and then fire into a group of enemies. Watch as they explode into numbers!
    I take it you would leave the electricity damage on it for that, right?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

I take it you would leave the electricity damage on it for that, right?
    Nope, the arcing is a property of the amprex. So you can run whatever you want.

My build is a full crit
    Serration, Hammer Shot, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Split Chamber, Rifle Ammo Mutation, and elemental mods to taste
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Nope, the arcing is a property of the amprex. So you can run whatever you want.
    Huh, didn't know that.
    My build is a full crit
    Serration, Hammer Shot, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Split Chamber, Rifle Ammo Mutation, and elemental mods to taste
    Yeah, that's similar to mine, aside from the rifle mutation. I might try it on a high level survival.

What do you think about putting heavy cal on it?
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, that's similar to mine, aside from the rifle mutation. I might try it on a high level survival.

What do you think about putting heavy cal on it?
    All things considered, I'd skip Heavy Caliber on this one. Flat damage boosts are MUCH less effective linearly, and the slot is better spent on Rifle Ammo Mutation so that you can actually use it in games longer than three minutes.

Do note that any build for this thing is all but guaranteed to require at least 6 Formas. By the time you're done with it, the thing will have an effective level of 210.

I would hope it would be good by that point :P
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-04-23 at 11:08 AM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground

You want some Punch-Through for the Amprex, makes the arcs even better
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    All things considered, I'd skip Heavy Caliber on this one. Flat damage boosts are MUCH less effective linearly, and the slot is better spent on Rifle Ammo Mutation so that you can actually use it in games longer than three minutes.
    I actually disagree. The penalty from Heavy Caliber is practically nonexistent on the amprex. While i want to love Hammershot, unless you're getting red crits, you're likely better off using another damage mod.

I'm still a forma or two shy of my final build, but it's something like:
    Heavy Caliber, Serration, Vital Sense, Point Strike
    2X elemental mods for viral damage, Shred, and Split Chamber.

Thanks to Red Veil, I have access to large ammo restores, so I tend to avoid the ammo mutations.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Do note that any build for this thing is all but guaranteed to require at least 6 Formas. By the time you're done with it, the thing will have an effective level of 210.

I would hope it would be good by that point :P
    But wouldn't the improvement stack (contributing like 40% of the total damage in build using it)? I don't think the math would justify taking hammershot or another elemental mod over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    You want some Punch-Through for the Amprex, makes the arcs even better
    I thought so. I don't want to put shred on it that much, because of the insane ammo consumption, meaning I might end up leveling metal auger.

EDIT: So it looks like I'm going to have to do another round of forma... I got 3 on my Soma p (v polarity hog), a couple on my opticor, and a bunch of other weapons. Not to mention I'll be adding Rhino p to replaces my Rhino, leveling and formaing my new Boltor P, and grabbing a Chroma. I have a lot of leveling to do.

Post u16, whats a good way of grinding cores? I got a bunch of mods that need finishing. Fleeting Expertise, Primed Continuity, Heavy Cal, Serration, and Blind Rage off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-23 at 12:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520

Honestly, I don't think there's any excuse to skip Heavy Caliber. Even if it's a second, 165% increase in base is still a 165% increase in base: no other mod comes close and Amprex's accuracy is all but unaffected. An extra element in the same slot does 20% less damage or thereabouts (Heavy Caliber primary first target damage 15k/s, element mod 12k/s).

I guess it'd be less of a problem if I could land more headshots. What's your build like?
    Amprex always arcs. Thus you get to choose elements freely. My build is like this; I use Hammer Shot over extra element since the damage is nearly the same but I get a significantly higher status chance and more control over which status I proc with Hammer Shot. This build for instance procs Viral on masses really well; excellent in high level survivals and obviously superb damage in with Corrosive Projections. Electric procs aren't quite as good as Heat but they serve as CC so I didn't make it a priority to change them into anything; Corrosive has significantly worse procs, and Viral wins out in terms of damage too if you have Corrosive Projection auras on (but both, Radiation and Corrosive are useful in the right contexts; I'd almost never bother with Magnetic though).

Note, Amprex can arc multiple times making punchthrough exceptionally strong on it too; thus the Hammer Shot slot could be taken by Shred instead (you have to move mods around a bit but it still works with mere 6 Forma). The primary DPS is a bit lower but if you can hit even just two enemies, you get two arcs and thus slaughter masses incredibly fast not to mention the extra alternative of shooting through doors, walls, etc. This would be a valid example of a Shred-build - and yes, even with the attack speed, I'd use Shred over Metal Auger; takes less polarities and still offers more burst DPS when it's needed. Cutting two elements cuts to your overall damage output a tad too much though since everything you have multiplies everything (Serra/HC form a base multiplied by Split and then further by Point Blank/Vital Sense/Hammer Shot); thus you need something that benefits of this multiplication and the elemental damage mods are the only valid options. You can play around with the builder but these are what I've arrived at. You can of course use status versions of the elemental mods too, at a significant DPS cost but Amprex is also an incredible status gun. Either way, I posit that any Amprex-build should have Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Point Strike and Vital Sense since without any of those, your overall DPS (and as a corollary, ammo efficiency) suffers massively.

I dislike Ammo Mutations as solutions to ammo issues on Rifles; Rifle ammo drops are plentiful enough and give a decent amount of ammo, it's quite feasible to make do with low ammo efficiency guns if they do decent damage and running Ammo Mutation costs you damage so essentially you end up needing more ammo for the same job. On Kohm I do run it since shotgun ammo drops are only 10 each so aside from Large Restores (and even then), there's no other reasonable way to restock it on ammo but pistols, rifles and most things using sniper ammo have no such issues. If I begin to have ammo problems, I'd rather have each shot be as economical as possible and then begin using Restores if necessary.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-04-23 at 03:19 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Alright, it's official. I like Cephladon Simaris. His missions are decently easy and he does not require extensive rank ups using Primes, Catalysts or what-have-you.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, thanks for the amprex info. I'll try and grab more forma for my next forma party and get it up. :3

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    Alright, it's official. I like Cephladon Simaris. His missions are decently easy and he does not require extensive rank ups using Primes, Catalysts or what-have-you.
    Um... The missions are the same for every syndicate (aside from your backup) and they all cost a catalyst/reactor, a prime weapon part, and a prime helmet.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #524

Kobold

I think you're mistaking Simaris for Suda. Unlike the other Syndicates he does not have rank ups and basically let's yo u access to his entire stock then and there. No need to lose things just to unlock stuff.

He is also neutral to all other syndicates, so no need to lose rep. By advancing and others and has his own special rep track seperate for the others.. so you can advance on his too.

He is only found in the Relays though, second floor.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-04-23 at 03:54 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #525

New event. I really want Quanta Vandal given that Quanta is one of my favorite weapons (tho I did just barely finish formatting the old one few weeks ago; obsoleting a 7 Forma + Forma-built weapon immediately is gonna be a bit sad), but the thing is being buggy as all hell. Apparently invisibility/blind/etherealness restart the transaction (tested with Loki, Excalibur and Limbo) but you can force it through by using the Gear-item again and again. While hacking the Bursa as Valkyr in Hysteria, the whole thing exploded for some reason. I guess Valkyr wasn't very careful. Eventually I settled on doing this with Rhino since he can still stand there safely, is mostly immune to CC and can recast Iron Skin when taking damage (though Isolators are a problem).

I've been getting random bugs too, such as getting both "destroyed too soon" and "success"-messages while killing the thing just when Lotus says "blow it up"/"authentication", and having both, the Bursa authenticate my money and destroy it too soon at the same time (the game had somehow generated two different on-going instances of the event). And for some reason every single assassin group has been hitting me in a row. In the span of 10 games I had G3 while synthesizing Arid Eviscerators & Zanuka, Stalker and 2x Perrin Sequence while doing the event.

Oh yeah, and there's that new Tonkor thingy. I wonder if it's any good.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

According to reddit-based strategies you have to start verification before killing in order to get money. Just ignore Lotus telling you to kill things in your head. It's just a voice, and one of many, I might add.

The syndicate assassin squads apparently have a chance to drop a blueprint to build more of themselves now. Which is a nice reward compared to nothing.

And the Tonkor is said to be good damage, interesting mechanic, and the ability to ragdoll all bodies, including your own. Which means you can rocket-jump. It's not exactly awesome since we have directional melee, but it's a cool new toy and it's available through the market for commonly-available materials.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

17. - Top - End - #527

So all warframes can now have big Tonkers?
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

18. - Top - End - #528

Quanta Vandal can't be colored?! What the bleeping bloppery is this... Still, the status chance is greatly increased, the magazine is 1.5 times larger & it comes with a free polarity. I'll take it and drop the 6 formas to get where I was with Quanta. They do need to unlock some of the colors though...

Oh, and if anyone is having trouble with the event, almost any CC frame can lock the Bursa in place long enough to do it regardless of the Bursa level: just avoid invisibility, blind, rift and so on, else the transfer might be interrupted. I used Frost (with Ice Wave Impedance and Chilling Globe) + Trinity (spamming Well of Life) myself but any combination of Nyx, Nova, Loki, Vauban, Banshee, etc. works quite well.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-04-24 at 10:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

So, I won't bother making a quanta in the meantime.

What do you guys think of the Kohmak?

20. - Top - End - #530

Ive been doing it with Valkyr but im getting sick of the no shows. Fair enough solo its a 50% chance but when you dont see it after 10 runs of assorted types its annoying. Half way to what i want which is the mods.

I thought that was the "thing" about Vandals and Wraiths that they are colour fixed in addition to being better than the standard version.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I thought that was the "thing" about Vandals and Wraiths that they are colour fixed in addition to being better than the standard version.
    Yeah, but I'd much prefer they be only half-color fixed. At least give me some small portion to play with.

22. - Top - End - #532

Impact Mods Achieved!

Now i hope that one day the Piecing Mods make a come back as i missed them and damn people want a lot of plat to buy them off the market.

Went from 700ish to just over 1000 with a Pair of Trinitys to my Frost.

May go after the Gun but there is still a few days to go and i'll wait till Clan are on to do stuff with them
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-04-24 at 05:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

The rewards in this event are good... but it requires effort. -_- At this point my Warframe consists of getting login rewards and waiting for a double credit weekend before deciding to actually play the game.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

24. - Top - End - #534

Holy ****, helping a friend do the event, seems it averages the players' scores when generating the Bursa level. We just fought level 100 Isolator Bursa and level 100 ads (thanks, hotfix) for the full Passionate Offering with Trinity and Valkyr. We did it but at the cost of a couple of revives; it began to get fairly absurd when Trinity was dying in one shot through Link and of course Valkyr was occasionally getting Dispel Globed. To rub insult to injury, the verification went so high that we only got 35k plus and like 170 points (last round vs. level 92 Bursa had net us like 400 points when we got it instantly).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-04-24 at 05:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, the long-awaited Nemesis skin! Brought to us by Darvo with a message of "hey I found this thing, I'm going back to bed now".
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Ah, the long-awaited Nemesis skin! Brought to us by Darvo with a message of "hey I found this thing, I'm going back to bed now".
    I was tempted to buy that, but I'd rather hold onto my plat for more slots.

As for the event, the latest hotfix made getting points a bit easier as the more bursas you face, the higher their levels get and said levels act as a multiplier to the end of mission score. That being said, I'm still only about 1/5 the way to the new quanta.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    I was tempted to buy that, but I'd rather hold onto my plat for more slots.

As for the event, the latest hotfix made getting points a bit easier as the more bursas you face, the higher their levels get and said levels act as a multiplier to the end of mission score. That being said, I'm still only about 1/5 the way to the new quanta.
    It also made it a lot easier for your face to get blown in, but hey, who's counting? (Me. I am. So much dying :P)
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

28. - Top - End - #538

Kobold

Here's a major question: How many people in this room know about the Sanctuary that this current update is about? Because Keled's post actually got me thinking about it.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-04-26 at 01:48 AM.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #539

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    Here's a major question: How many people in this room know about the Sanctuary that this current update is about? Because Keled's post actually got me thinking about it.
    I've done all the project scans thus far. Mostly I just wanted the Detect Vulnerability and Simulacrum Access Key but now I started getting upgrades for my camera. One Spy-mission on Pluto scanning everything done with pure stealth (e.g. Loki) seems to about get you your daily rep quota for Simaris, so it's relatively effortless especially since Spy 2.0 rewards are something nice anyways.

30. - Top - End - #540

Ive 5 each of the first pair and one of the current ~ if Clan happen to be hunting them i'll go along but its not a big issue for me. The key would be useful but im almost at it without really trying for it.

It was lousy the first time, silly the second and for the third case of 10 Solo runs back to back with 10 No Bursa shows is *&%(^$#$%^@W$(
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-04-26 at 11:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet