New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Dred Olg sneers at Cassandra, "You are asking questions you cannot understand the answers to. You are not a child of our father, you are a cheap mockery made from the toxic ooze that leaked from the great city's factories. Do you really think my father would have sent me to talk to the disgusting afterbirth that was tossed away when I was born if it was not urgent? Do you think the Lord of Destruction works on whims and fancy? No. Pernieth is required for the next phase of the vision. I will not be denied."
    "You will never find him, then. Return when you learn respect." Cassandra raises her good arm, and energy courses along it, coasescing in her palm. "Unless you'd prefer to fight? The Forest always recognizes the right of strength"

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    "You will never find him, then. Return when you learn respect." Cassandra raises her good arm, and energy courses along it, coasescing in her palm. "Unless you'd prefer to fight? The Forest always recognizes the right of strength"
    Dred Olg laughs, "You would fight the Mistress of Purity, The Commander of the Nightmare Engine Legion, The True Goddess of Nature? Very well, lesser creature. Let your grotesque deformity face against my power!" oil oozes from her skin making her black as night. A great red furnace at her core as she moves to attack the Avatar.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Dred Olg laughs, "You would fight the Mistress of Purity, The Commander of the Nightmare Engine Legion, The True Goddess of Nature? Very well, lesser creature. Let your grotesque deformity face against my power!" oil oozes from her skin making her black as night. A great red furnace at her core as she moves to attack the Avatar.
    "You claim a title that you have no right to. There is only one god of nature." Cassandra merely steps forward into a fighting pose, lifting her arm in from of her as lightning crackles down. A baleful howl echoes through the Undying Forest. Something is coming.

Spoiler: LadyT
    Show
    If you'd like to make it proper divine combat, you'll have to pay the 3AP, Cassandra won't be the aggressor. If you'd prefer a fight between Avatars with no divine stakes beyond RP, I suggest we each roll 2d6.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    The Void: Bahamut, Ignus

A flash of heat and light. Ignus reappears. "I have returned. Here is the Phylactery. It is impervious to heat and age, it cannot shatter, it repairs it's self. Be not mistaken, it is not any kind of glass which has been seen before." She bows to Bahamut, and holds out the Lantern. "May your journey be safe. I beg you return, my friend."
    Bahamut takes the Cosmic Lantern. "It pleases me to see that my trust in you was not misplaced. Consider this my repayment for your actions in Purity. Now it is time for me to fulfill my obligations. For you see, while out Mother does slumber, I intend to reach the most chaotic and terrible place in creation, for I shall be taking our Mother's flame directly from the source of her Breath. Follow me to witness the fruits of your labor, but proceed cautiously."

With that, the Platinum Dragon flies towards the Cosmic Mother and enters what one could consider her mouth and follows the stars until Bahamut and Ignus reach the source of the Cosmic Mother's Breath, the Super-massive Black Hole. Although dormant as the Cosmic Mother is sleeping, the Black Hole is still consuming mass and light at an astonishing rate. The black hole itself is surrounded by a brilliant accretion disc of very hot material and, further out, a dusty torus. There are also often high-speed jets of material ejected at the black hole’s poles that can extend huge distances into space.

"Come no further, for if you come too close then the tidal forces shall pull you in as well. I shall go only as close as I have to in order to gather the flame."
    with that, Bahamut flies off towards the Black Hole. He evades the projectiles which are ejected by the Black Hole. Any mortal by this point would have been shredded to bits, and even those who survive that would get lost within the cloud before even reaching close enough. Worse, a foolish god or their servants would wander too close, and forever be consumed. Yet Bahamut was the First Born of the Cosmic Mother, and none knew her as well as the Platinum Dragon.

Finally, reaching just near the event horizon, Bahamut takes the Cosmic Lantern and collects the fire which was caused by the elements overheating. Giving a sigh of relief, he returns to Ignus .

"Behold, the Flame of Creation. It shall be an eternal gift to the mortals, to remind them of our Mother when she is no longer with us. And let this flame serve as testament to our friendship as well Ignus. Inform the mortals who seek the flames that we have upheld our part of the bargain. Tell them to seek the Cosmic Flame from the Kings of Mytea, for they shall act as its keeper."

Spoiler
    Show

AP3=6-3: Create Artifact: Nourishment: The Cosmic Lantern. Containing the Flame of Creation this powerful artifact provides the mortals who keep it with many blessings. Crops will always be bountiful, populations will always be booming, illnesses will always be kept away etc. The Cosmic Lantern is said to contain but a fragment of the love the Cosmic Mother had for her children.

"Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

As Ignus leaves the Plane of Fire Grenzo called out "We have a daughter, My love! With your leave I will return to spending some quality time with her." He too then left the Plane and returned to the Candlebra, dismissing His avatar to the Madhouse

The Void - Ahn, Bobby, Eucle, Grenzo, Grim, Ur, Yhrzallus
    Grenzo flared back to life and looked at the gathered divinities, then the Candlebra. He said "Alas My wife denied my advances. Let us see if we can't get this thing lit though!" With that He covered Grim in a lick of flame and slowly caused the jar to boil until it burst into flames above His candle. The broiled brain fell in strands upon His wick, replacing it even as the ethanol within continued to burn. After a moment the jar was no more, Grim now a part of the candle as the Cackling Flame remained lit, the faintest echo of gleeful laughter now ushering from it.

The Madhouse - Grim and TukTuk
    TukTuk awaited the soul patiently. When the candle was lit, he caught Grim's soul and looked at the immaterial personality. With a grin he said "Now for your prize, Grim the Ringmaster!" The avatar grabbed a yellow and purple Khaadi and crushed them with the soul. What formed was a prismatic Khaadi, chaos given form as colors and form shifted every second. The Ringmaster tossed up a portion of itself, a baton of bone and fire, and cackled as it moved to the Carnival where screams and laughter burst forth.

Goblinoids of Zalsaram
    As the volcanos began to erupt the Goblinoids found that they were unharmed despite the increased lava flow. Two of their deities are from Creation yet they, for the most part, are bound to Zalsaram. Thus it seemed fitting for a child of Zalsaram to bless His children to redirect lava flows, block off tubes that would harm their cities or factories, or simply deal with the lava.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Grenzo: 1; Chaos, Goblin, Sin PAP; MIC Charge
    Chaos (Further chaos): Create Prismatic Khaadi Subrace - The top notch Khaad, chaos exemplified.
    Goblin (Protect goblin kind): Nourishment - Goblinoids of all kinds are unharmed by the fact that their cities are predominantly in volcanos that are now erupting more than once in a generation.

Hlo: 0; Moon, Sin PAP

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mianmi

It was almost finished. It was a moment of thought and a word, and they simply were. In the north lands -- the Frozen North, Stoxia -- there sprouted giant stands of trees, sudden and harsh in mostly barren lands. These were not jungle tyrants or the cathedrals of ancient forests. The trees that grew into existence were crooked and tenacious trees, rugged plants that could survive the harsh climate that they were surrounded in. Trunks that would turn away blade, limbs that would snag passers by.
    This was not a forest for the fey of the warmer, greener climes. No plains for the centaur to run, no warm glades for the satyr, no canopy nests for the celue. To this land were given new creatures to roam.
    Perhaps the strangest of the creatures for these small forests were the wisps. Not wholly of the material plane, they appeared as clouds of faint light, gliding along in the air. Where they went, the faint sound of chimes could be heard. Even such an innocent and harmless looking creature, however, was not without its defenses or dangers; those chimes and that glow could reach out to any who would harm or the life of the groves, twisting their senses and their minds against themselves.
    Brought also into the midst of those woods was two-legged creature, as gnarled and knobby as the trees that were there. Thick and messy hair hung about his body, streaming off the back of his head, down from his beard, resembling nothing so much as a thicker version of a moss that grew on some trees. Shorter than most fey, the hair twitches and writhes as the creature walks, lashing out at any strangers who come by.
    A four-legged creature bounded from the forest, small and lithe, with a vulpine-like face. But no wild creature possessed that keen intelligence that sparkled behind those eyes, or that shimmering, color-changing fur. Those stands of trees would be their home, to have and defend.

Time boiled quickly, like a pot of water left on the fire overly long. To the mind of Zzizchin, Mianmi gifted a further understanding of the genes of life. Gradually, the principles she already knew -- bioengineering -- could be further applied, to the point of direct manipulation of the essence of life. It was left to here to explore the rest. Her people were wise with their years; they would do well for themselves before the end.

Deirdre

She had been apprentice with her uncle for almost two years now, travelling the world. He was a potter by trade, her aunt taking care of most of the business. Then there had been that stay three -- or was it four -- stops ago. The life of a caravaner’s daughter brought many new sights, but that had been the first time Deirdre had seen one of those ‘acrobats’. It had been a human woman, dressed in tight-fitting colorful clothes -- much better taste than most humans. To watch her move about was to witness a dance, woven to a beat the crowd could often not hear, but see instead. The woman was a freelance performer, and in a way, she reminded Deirdre of her brother. Deirdre had never shared her brother’s great love or memory for stories and song, She did not particularly feel passionate about the clay and the wheel either, but it was better than tedium of business and trading. She had no head for that. In fact, Deirdre had a bit of a temper. It was not hers to sit and dicker for hours over the value of a painting. She wanted action, motion. Perhaps that was why the acrobat spoke to her so much. And, of course, her brother, who she missed greatly. They could exchange letters; his usually found her faster than the other way around, for the track he follow was chaotic at best, but in the end, they were words on a page, not her hand in his.
    All these thought ran through her mind, as a sort of salve against the boredom. They were seated with several other families in an inn, perhaps a day or two out from the city of Mytea. As an apprentice, her place was with the master, listening and learning. Right now, though, it was catching up on news. Talk about trade prices, about the newest innovations in glazing and weaving, and a dozen different things. She listened with half an ear, anxious to get moving again.

But then the conversation shifted, and suddenly she was completely engaged. “There’s been half a dozen lost caravans out that way, and travellers reported missing as well. Too far out for Mytea to be at all interested. And you know how the wastes can get. Bottom breathing scum from up there.” The other man pointed and rolled his eyes upwards, making a gesture with his hands. “The boys got together, fetched up a scrying on it though. Wreckage. Don’t think it’s any prosperity raiders this time.” He snarled and shook his head. “Would be a sight if some of those centaur would hire along as guards, but they’re not much for leaving their folk. Be a mighty fine sight.”
    Her uncle nodded to the man. “Saw a logging corp get a little too greedy a year back. Strayed into the periphery of their domain; we were staying in a grove with some satyr. That was one group that wouldn’t be intruding again. Could be, we could hire some of that sort of expertise. The Sovereignity, maybe.” Deirdre had been there before. Those were hard men and women, and not of the people. It seemed the same thought had occurred to the men.
    “Aye, but their ways are not our ways. Might work for a spell or two, but…” He shrugged, and the talk began to turn to happier things. Deirdre’s mind, though, followed the thought through to completion. She remembered one of the stories her mother had told, about a time when Deirdre was much younger, and their people had been under attack. And how her brother personally saved her. All of it began to spin together, and crystallize out into a plan...

Spoiler
    Show

AP 9 + 10 (Rollover) - 0 (Jewel charge: Mold Land) - 2 (Create Populace: Wisps, Korren, Lagofe) - 0 (Libram charge: Genetic Engineering)
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2015-06-10 at 07:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

The Void - Ahn, Grenzo, Yhrzallus, Eucle, Ur, Bobby

Bobby lifted the candlebra which held 2 flames aloft. She turned to both Grenzo and Eucle.

"Thank you. Thank you so much."

With a final thankful nod she turned the key again and stepped into the Temple in Mytea.

Temple, Mytea - Bobby, Ur, Bahamut?, Thirst?

Bobby stepped through the portal and stated "Bahamut! I have the flames!"
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground

Althia, Cho'zak, Lum'ohs, Kryokoli, Fenrir, various undead, & large wolves - Frozen Stoixia

A long pause endured. After a small eternity, the undead all nodded in unison. The terms were accepted.

Clora - The Void

Clora felt the ruptures of the battle, but paid them only marginal attention. She mostly rested - just as the Great Mother rested. However, not all of Clora was at rest. A bone began to peel off of her, manifesting itself with her energy. Clora's dream appearance showed the twisted mess that was truly within her - Althia was a shard of that mess, a piece of one of the many things that had made up Clora, before Clora separated it from herself. Althia was a fairly good natured shard. This new shard, however, manifested in a primal, darker way, and took on the form of a much smaller dragon - more completely formed, and covered in a hard and dark carapace. Clora felt it's escape, and sent it to land upon the world, and create a strength among the undead. The time of unified death was at an end, the living had never, in Clora's time, been unified, and so too now the undead would not stand fully united.

The new shard would, in time, become most commonly known as The Grack - and The Grack would soon arrive in the lands of the Craast - though very quickly the nature of vampires would draw them to Gracks own tendencies, and this fragment's influence would spread.

Spoiler: Clora AP
    Show
    Initial AP: [2]
    Ap Gain: [+5]
    AP Expenditure:
    Raise DR [-3]- Using the two create battle artifacts from here to qualify, Clora hits DR 9.
    Create Avatar [-3] - The Grack has been created - The Grack takes the form of an undead dragon, but covered entirely in an exoskeletal carapace.
    Remaining AP: [1]
    Utility Artifact usages:
    Nourishment (ToRL) - Those within the light of the tendrils do not see or hear visions they wish not to hear or see.
    Create Subrace (SotA) - Vampire Spawn. Vampires exist, this was inherently inevitable. As they are in the ogc.

Kealoharen - The Void

Kealoharen entered the void, and soon saw more violence. The battle of the Visionary and Eucle caused suffering upon the world. A tear fell from Kealoharen's eye, and landed upon the world. Sadness for those lost. The tear fell upon the land that Kealoharen had just left - the edge of the dark grove, and began to form a lake of pristine beauty - in contrast with the adjacent dark forest.

Spoiler: Kealoharen AP
    Show
    Initial AP: [1]
    AP Gain: [+3]
    AP Expenditure:
    Raise DR [-3] - Using the 3 AP creation of the Peace token here Kealoharen hits DR 6, also thanks to the Hope (Peace) domain. New DCM is {A} Hope Inspires - Kealoharen's hope can be shared with allies to rally their spirits
    Mold Land [-1] - Lake Kealo - this lake forms east of the Dark Grove, at its edge. It is edged by marble, which outlines its heart-shape. The lake glistens at all times, even in darkness. It is highly resistant to pollutants - though extended pollution could eventually cause it issue.
    Remaining AP: [0]
    Utility Artifact Usages:
    Nourishment (Peace Token) - The Peace token glows in response to Kealoharen's tear, and causes the lake to be imbued with Kealoharen's love and hope. Lake Kealo heals the injuries of those who enter it, including the dispelling harmful/antagonistic of magical effects and well as mental illness. (However, mental illnesses return after leaving the water)(Unless caused by the magic or injury)
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-06-14 at 10:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Bahamut takes the Cosmic Lantern. "It pleases me to see that my trust in you was not misplaced. Consider this my repayment for your actions in Purity. Now it is time for me to fulfill my obligations. For you see, while out Mother does slumber, I intend to reach the most chaotic and terrible place in creation, for I shall be taking our Mother's flame directly from the source of her Breath. Follow me to witness the fruits of your labor, but proceed cautiously."

With that, the Platinum Dragon flies towards the Cosmic Mother and enters what one could consider her mouth and follows the stars until Bahamut and Ignus reach the source of the Cosmic Mother's Breath, the Super-massive Black Hole. Although dormant as the Cosmic Mother is sleeping, the Black Hole is still consuming mass and light at an astonishing rate. The black hole itself is surrounded by a brilliant accretion disc of very hot material and, further out, a dusty torus. There are also often high-speed jets of material ejected at the black hole’s poles that can extend huge distances into space.

"Come no further, for if you come too close then the tidal forces shall pull you in as well. I shall go only as close as I have to in order to gather the flame."
    with that, Bahamut flies off towards the Black Hole. He evades the projectiles which are ejected by the Black Hole. Any mortal by this point would have been shredded to bits, and even those who survive that would get lost within the cloud before even reaching close enough. Worse, a foolish god or their servants would wander too close, and forever be consumed. Yet Bahamut was the First Born of the Cosmic Mother, and none knew her as well as the Platinum Dragon.

Finally, reaching just near the event horizon, Bahamut takes the Cosmic Lantern and collects the fire which was caused by the elements overheating. Giving a sigh of relief, he returns to Ignus .

"Behold, the Flame of Creation. It shall be an eternal gift to the mortals, to remind them of our Mother when she is no longer with us. And let this flame serve as testament to our friendship as well Ignus. Inform the mortals who seek the flames that we have upheld our part of the bargain. Tell them to seek the Cosmic Flame from the Kings of Mytea, for they shall act as its keeper."
    Ignus nods and goes silent for a moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post

Thirst bows from his mid-air seated position, still slowly moving up and down as he hovers. "Ignus wishes me to inform you that Bahamut has said the Flames of the Cosmic Mother are being kept by the Kings of Mytea." He bows again. "I am afraid I've no knowledge of where they might be. The pact is complete." He bows again. "The final flame resides here on the Playground." He bows again. "Go forth, and free your master." He bows again. "Go with Ignus' Blessings child." A final bow, only this time the bow seems to cause him to fold in on himself, and disappear, aside from a tiny bead of light, which remains hovering where he was...
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-06-11 at 01:43 AM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

10. - Top - End - #430
    Barbarian in the Playground

Realm of Dreams

It was better, now. The Dreams were quieter, brighter now, and now that they could walk together, the loneliness was much easier to deal with. From afar, they had glimpsed the new arrivals to the dream as well, and it filled them with a sense of peace. But it was more than that. Navigating the dream just seemed.. easier. Then one of their number, Vee-as, began to relate to the others of a place he had visited in his dreams; a place he could not find again walking them. He spoke of an enormous orb that sparkled like crystal. Vee said that through it, the shadows and hazes of their visions became clear. So came the myth and legends of the Farseeing Eye among the Emerald Ones. In the months and years to come, many would relate the same sort of tales. Certain details stuck in the mind; even as so many others faded away when they turned their gaze from the Eye. It was always, though, that at least one vision remained.
    But as time spun by, they also related the vision of dozens -- hundreds -- of paths passing by; and increasingly, many paths that were straight and light became dark. Among their own, there was worry… and fear.

Mianmi, the Void

It was time. The second of the worlds to be. In a sense, it was nothing more than she had done before -- only infinite. From the nothingness she claimed a place, a plane. Given a spirit of the waves, that it might be a place of refuge in the days to come. She was a god, but even gods are not forever. Or perhaps they were, but forever had not yet come? The way was beneath the Salas, within them, guarded by ritual that would be known in the fullness of time.

She wept for the world, for even as it was torn, so it would become worse. Yet she still had some small power to spare for it, for to here, it was all worthy of life. Minds had been ravaged and torn, and her hand reached out in the soft caress of a mother, soothing away the pain. Dreams would come and go, and that which seemed indelible would fade, like a dream forgotten. The land shook in terror of the coming apocalypse -- or no, perhaps it was that seam, and a far worse fate yet awaited. If it was… there was still time to bring another to bear, add another Verse to be sung. Perhaps it would make the difference, and swing onto a different track. But that was for the future to hold, and so she soothed the lands as well, quieting the rage, letting rains drench and rocks divert, sparing lives that would otherwise be swept away in fire.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 17 - 0 (Eye charge: Nourishment: Wholeness of the Dream)) - 3 (Create Plane: The Sea Beyond) - 2 (Open Portal: The Sea Beyond) - 1 (Nourishment: Lullaby of Peace) - 1 (Nourishment: Peace of the Land) = 10

The Sea is linked to the saltwater outflow within the Salas; it is not a matter of just crossing a threshold though; the portal is essentially locked unless a certain procedure is followed to pass through.

The Lullaby counters the Pestilience of Kryokoli’s lullaby. Her lullaby will gradually fade, and the scars and fears it brought as well.

Peace of the Land is countering the raging volcanos; not stopping everything entirely, but rather slowing the pace, giving warning before the earthquakes, and giving relative miracles to the mortals. Freak rainstorms or flash floods stopping lava flows, rockslides diverting them, etc.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Bahamut does not answer, nor does any of the Aspects. But instead they are brought to the Kings of Mytea who act as High Priests. A Red Dragonborn motions to Bobby "We have been told in a vision to provide you with this." he says as he holds the Cosmic Lantern "The Platinum Dragon bids you to take our Mother's divine flame to free your god from his icy prison. We have done our part in Ulvin's liberation, the rest is now up to you."

Kryokoli Temple of the Cosmic Mother

Meanwhile in the very same temple, the goddess of Winter is busy with an Aspect of Tiamat

"As you know, I have spread my influence over a large part of the Playground. A large portion of it has submitted to the cruelty of Winter. I am aware that your brethren, the White Dragons have an affinity towards the cold. I am gathering all forms of creatures who thrive in the wintery conditions that I have placed upon my lands, therefore I suggest that with your blessings, the White Dragons would also make it their home."

The Aspect considers Kryokoli's suggestion for a few moments

"Very well, you have my blessings daughter of Ignus."

"Good. And now that I know of your goodwill, there is another matter which should concern you and your goddess greatly."

Spoiler
    Show

Kryokoli
    AP3=6-3: Create Battle Artifact: Mark of Tiamat

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

Bahamut does not answer, nor does any of the Aspects. But instead they are brought to the Kings of Mytea who act as High Priests. A Red Dragonborn motions to Bobby "We have been told in a vision to provide you with this." he says as he holds the Cosmic Lantern "The Platinum Dragon bids you to take our Mother's divine flame to free your god from his icy prison. We have done our part in Ulvin's liberation, the rest is now up to you."

Kryokoli Temple of the Cosmic Mother

Meanwhile in the very same temple, the goddess of Winter is busy with an Aspect of Tiamat

"As you know, I have spread my influence over a large part of the Playground. A large portion of it has submitted to the cruelty of Winter. I am aware that your brethren, the White Dragons have an affinity towards the cold. I am gathering all forms of creatures who thrive in the wintery conditions that I have placed upon my lands, therefore I suggest that with your blessings, the White Dragons would also make it their home."

The Aspect considers Kryokoli's suggestion for a few moments

"Very well, you have my blessings daughter of Ignus."

"Good. And now that I know of your goodwill, there is another matter which should concern you and your goddess greatly."

Spoiler
    Show

Kryokoli
    AP3=6-3: Create Battle Artifact: Mark of Tiamat
    Acquiring the Lantern, Bobby lit the last candle and for a moment, she simply stared at it in wonder. Such a simple yet complicated thing that is the only thing to set a god free. She said her thanks to the Kings of Mutea before turning the key one final time.

Labyrinth of the Vanquished King, Godsfought, Reean Isles - Ulvin, Bobby, Ur

Bobby stood before her god. It was such a strange thing. She never actually was one of the Churchmongering Zealots. She avoided religion but here she was, standing before him and love suffused her heart, unconditional and unending.

She held the candlebra up and directed it towards the frozen Ulvin, her heart beating so fast that she feared it would rip from her chest.
    Currently Playing

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Labyrinth of the Vanquished King, Godsfought, Reean Isles - Ulvin, Bobby, Ur

Bobby stood before her god. It was such a strange thing. She never actually was one of the Churchmongering Zealots. She avoided religion but here she was, standing before him and love suffused her heart, unconditional and unending.

She held the candlebra up and directed it towards the frozen Ulvin, her heart beating so fast that she feared it would rip from her chest.
    As Bobby places the Candelabra near Ulvin, the ice in that particular spot melts quickly. She realizes that she will have to run the flames all over the ice in order to free her god. It will be a tiresome process, but her quest is almost at an end.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

As Bobby places the Candelabra near Ulvin, the ice in that particular spot melts quickly. She realizes that she will have to run the flames all over the ice in order to free her god. It will be a tiresome process, but her quest is almost at an end.
    From head to toe, Bobby does so and before long, her god is freed.

Ulvin stood tall as the last piece of ice melted away from his flesh and he looked down at Bobby with a smile as he placed a gentle hand on her head "Thank you, Robin."

Bobby on the otherhand, emotions coursed through her very being and she immediately threw herself against the God-King and wrapped her arms around him. She has finally met with success!
    Currently Playing

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

The Void - Eucle (and Others)

The prosperity god ponders the transmitted message. Perhaps he should stop what he is doing. Perhaps. But in his own experience the more you tried a thing from happening the more likely it become. It was always ironic in hindsight. For the time being he considered the warning as such, a simple warning, and only modified his plans slightly.

With Ulvin fred and the hammer returned she had traded a minor tool for a potential ally. He had strengthened someone who saw him as an enemy but was certain that having a fellow god of the orphaned as an ally would prove beneficial both in the short and long term. If Ignus, now given a weapon, wanted to brawl he would deal with that given time. For now he decided that her despising him didn't really hold sway on his decisions. She wasn't more than a minor concern.

He took his artifacts, the tetsubo, the cauldron, the mirror, the key, the lance and the hourglass. He made them spin around himself. Considering what was to be done with each.

He reflected himself on the mirror, imposing the image to those of the golden ones that had been made with his own form. Perfecting them further. Turning them into something similar to what Leh had seen on the Mytean temple. Then he used the cauldron to undo what he had done last with it, with the Visionary on check the moon would be safe, for now.

The others would serve him, sooner than later, if his enemies willed it.

Lylien - Lylien

The mechanical goddess finished unraveling the jarred brain's knowledge. The goblins had made many advancements and she was certain they could be improved. Taken further. She called forth her singers, the dryad like construct maidens all crafted in her image, and the engineers, the almost fully wooden moongrel all improved by their own devices. Her Abeslari and her Tresla so similar yet so different, so opposed and so complementary. She gave them a task. A mighty mechanical creature. Something like the world.

Spoiler
    Show

Eucle 2 AP + 2 PAP
    1 PAP (Moon: Void Takes Precedence) Mold Land: Several of the Visionary's debris are turned into Bismuth and wraithwood. Moongrels will be colonizing them soon.

1 PAP (CotBeast: Secrecy) Nourishment: The bismuth and wraithwood debris are surrounded by barriers similar to that in the moon hiding them from the senses.

0 PAP (Using Mirror of Maybes) Create Subrace: Ur and some his fellow Urre are given more of Eucle's essence effectively turning into aspects (as an Archdaemon Eucle can apparently have some).

0 PAP (Using Vault of Plenty) Nourishment: Moongrel, Voidgrel and associated constructs, wealth dragons and other creatures that follow Eucle have been returned to the moon.

2 AP Gain Portfolio: Plans

0 AP remaining

Lylien 3 AP 1 PAP remaining

0 AP (Using Purity Scrolls) Create Subrace: Zalsaram shaped constructs made of wraithwood birthed by the collaboration of Tresla and Abeslari. Spelljammer the race.

1 PAP (Void Takes Precedence) Create Concept: Spelljammer the class

3 AP remaining
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

The Ocean

It was a great and mighty ship captained by a powerful Paladin named Lustria. The ships was aimed for Godfought, an attempt to free their great and magnificent God-King. They were prepared. They brought with them powerful clerics, psionic monks, laborers and soldiers with plenty of magical items to stave off cold and corruption. They would see him freed.... but of course... that would be too easy.

Something was coming towards them at full speed, leaving a massive trail of waves and by time it was close enough to tell what it was, it was too late. The Horned-Goblin crashed into and through the ship's hull with a resounding "YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!"

Throne Room, Krenko-Ka - Squeaky, Skreechy

Squeaky snuck up behind Skreechy, ever the quiet one. He kept his breathing deep and quiet, like a viscious predator stalking it's prey. A toothy grin crossed Squeaks face and he said. "Hey.", ever so quiet and breathing in Skreechy's ear.
    Currently Playing

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    The Madhouse - Shog, Kerx, Valask Jr

Shog one of the strongest beings down there. They also good company and food. Plus Shog think proxy wars sound like fun. Why risk Shogself when Shog can use Shoglings? World can also act as a literal representation of a god's will and represents each god's strength. Shog says.

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to mention it but ok with using the Shoglings. There are only baby Shoglings currently alive though.

Also a question, are the creatures incorporeal? It matters a bit if the creatures go Shogling hunting. Shoglings can't harm them if they are incorporeal currently as they don't have magic weapons or magic but because of what happens to incorporeal creatures in an anti-magic field they wouldn't be able to go to The Plane of Shog with out effectively dying so they would be stuck on Shog's island for hunting.
    While Shog talked the small jester, only half listening, was fiddling around aimlessly one second then 'Splat!' He collapsed lifelessly to the floor face first.

Limb by limb his rigid body parts snap up into the air, lifting the rest of him with them. He hangs like a marionette on strings, dangling just off the floor. The dark hollows of his mask glow awhirl with fierce deep reds, washing around shadowy darkness.

Valask's voice echos from behind the mask. Cold, calm, with that hint of subtle underlying explosive rage that leaves most nervous of a sudden outbreak.

"Shog, my brother of destruction, we are two different fruits but of the same tree. It does not make either fruit bad, but the tree that much grander!
    I have seen your plane, the vegetation is suffering and weak, that to passes onto your creatures, wilting away their vast potential, weakening their resolve as they have no outlet to unleash our fathers gift of destruction upon.

Law or chaos, Creation exists so we can destroy it, then it will grow anew, only to be destroyed again until all that prevails is a perfect indestructible world.

Let them embrace their hate, align your plane below the madhouse, we will synchronise their power to draw souls, and for you and those in your image we will grant the discarded souls of godless magic users, the power abusers, those over confident with, reliant upon, or gain vengeance by - abusing magic...

I have seen the hearts of men and creatures alike, power corrupts, they are so full of hate and greed. Your job will be to punish the weak, while your shogling's grow strong. Sift out those souls that might be useful for our brothers, the souls that do not bend or break against your destruction. Sift out those souls in which we can form into new powerful beast of our own.

What do you say Shog?
    Your plants would flourish, your creatures grow stronger as they prevail challenge after challenge. So Shog, Would you like a family, a reason, and a purpose to exist?"

The little jester crumples back to the floor. A last whisper from Valask softly escapes the mask.

"Or do you plan to survive the cold void all alone????"

"Man that wasn't fun!" The child's voice returns along with a jingle of his bells as he rubs his head with his floppy sleeve.

Spoiler
    Show
    Um didn't think about, maybe 50/50 incorporeal, they won't even attempt to go to your plane, just needed a few more as a base. I'm not sure how these creatures will be produced yet, feel free to throw in some ideas. I don't plan on there being an excessively large number of them or anything.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-06-11 at 12:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Avalon, Eldarond - Ulvin, Bobby

And so with his freedom found, they key returned and Bobby's borrowed armor as well, Ulvin and his rescuer departed from Godsfought and returned to Avalon.

A great parade was held in his and her honor, The God of Man had returned. Men and women and children thronged the well kept streets of Avalon, soldiers and paladins marched to the steady and rhythmic beat of drums and trumpets. Flowers and olive branches were tossed into the air and fell upon the streets, filling the city with a sweet aroma. Dancers and performers from all walks of life joined the parade, even from among the few non-humans in the Kingdom such as the halfling caravaners. It was a momentous moment in history and everyone cheered.

Bobby sat by her god's side, clean shaven head and covered in tattoos, his massive arm wrapped around her shoulder. Even she received cheers and praise as the parade passed. She was happy and she blushed deeply when Ulvin leaned over to whisper in her ear "All of this is possible because of you."

Within a few days, a proclamation was issued. There would be a wedding held at Divine Decree. Ulvin Silverblade was to wed the Hero of Eldarond. All were welcomed to attend and invitations were sent to all of the foreign rulers.
    Currently Playing

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Kethneciel--Judgment Seat, Oussia

Kethneciel looks over the wedding ceremony of his godly offspring, convincing himself that he feels nothing but satisfaction that law is being upheld within Eldarond. "I shall grant them a boon...for their devotion to Law," he says to himself, reaching out a hand.

Throughout the country of Eldarond, crime rates as small as they were, drop even farther. The people are invested with a sense of peace and happiness; their god has returned, their laws are strong and just. What have they to fear?

The god of Judgment leans back on his seat, and his gaze happens to glance upon the island where Ulvin was once imprisoned. A flicker of anger roars through the Implacable Judge's mind, before he stills it to silence once more.

Godsfought

The icy, dark island that once held a god suddenly writhes, the land roiling and twisting like a living beast. Fountains of magma burst from deep chasms underground, rolling over the shaking land and burning everything in its path. Soon, Godsfought is nothing more than a scorched strip of barren earth, spotted with lakes of glowing lava.

Kahla-Kahl

Within her cocoon, the Brood-Mother smiles. Soon. Soon she will return to the Playground, to see what has become of her children.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Kethneciel
    4 AP + 7 AP (Rollover) + 1 AP (20 weeks) = 12 AP, 1 PAP

-1 PAP (Help Law): Nourishment (Pax Eldarond). The entirety of Ulvin's kingdom sees a drop in crime as all of its people are suffused with a sense of peace and love of the country and its laws.

-1 AP: Mold Land. Godsfought is now a volcanic, barren wasteland, excruciatingly hot and nearly inhospitable.

-11 AP: Beget god (DR 5 Mephos). Yrhzallus will do the actual creating of this god.

0 AP, 0 PAP remaining

Kahla
    0 AP + 3 AP (Rollover) + 1 AP (20 Weeks) = 4 AP
    -3 AP: Raise DR to 5. Actions Taken:
    --2 AP: Create Organization (Craast Makers)
    --1 AP: Lock Plane (Kahl)

1 AP Remaining
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

Passaer, The Void near Neutral Ground

A gasp emanated from the void as if something long trapped beneath the surface of the water suddenly breached the surface, drawing a deep, life affirming breath. Shortly after, the massive body of the god of air materialized in the void, his gossamer wings spreading out and flitting wildly, desperately as if trying to struggle against the hold of some monstrous beast. His eyes darted fitfully about, trying to determine his surroundings despite his panicked state. He had died...he was sure of it; faded away into nothing more than a cloud of vaguely divine essence like so many others. Now he was back, but how? Why? He needed something familiar. Something or someone with whom to re-acclimate himself with reality. He thought back to one of the last places he had been before everything went black. With that, he beat his tail and wings in tandem and flew recklessly, barrelling towards that place: Neutral Ground.
    Last edited by Alber; 2015-06-11 at 01:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

The Void near Neutral Ground - Passaer, Eucle

The prosperity god sensed the presence and immediately went towards his brother, meeting him in the empty space in front of the darkned moon. He had changed, he didn't hid anymore behind shadows and shone with power and promises. His dark moongrel skin was tattooed in gold, encased in rusted armor and silk kimonos. From his shoulders two insectile draconic heads sprout forming a trinity with his more humanoid one. His eyes were golden and no longer hidden behind a cloth. But he was still the same.

"Brother, it's so good to see you again. I feared you lost."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ocean
    Lustria cursed as the horned goblin crashed into and through her ship. Thinking quickly she directed the remaining ships to an object on the horizon, praying to Ulvin to see them through this latest challenge. Either through luck or faith they managed to limp to the unknown object, it slowly appearing to be a mountain of great height puncturing a heavy jungle canopy. The ships landed with a resounding thud near the mountain since it was the one area clear of jungle, a roar greeting them from the jungle, and the knowledge that this land would be a further test for their skills and faith. They quickly assembled a small landing zone as Paladins and Monks moved to provide protection to the laborers as they did their best to create a suitable barracks to house the citizens of Avalon in this hostile land.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Grenzo: 12 (1 Rollover + 10 New Week + 1 Because We're Awesome); Chaos, Cultist, Divinities Goblin, Sin PAP; Cauldron, MIC, SotC Charge
    Staff of the Catacombs: Create Lustria from Zaudēja Salas

Hlo: 4; Moon, Sin PAP; The Sun and the Comet

24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground

Passaer, The Void

Ecstatic to feel a familiar presence once again, the bloated whale-like Passaer moved himself as close to the god of wealth as would be allowed and aggressively nuzzled the bottom fringe of his garments in the closest action to a show of affection the normally aloof breath god had ever shown.

"Brother..." The word escaped his mouth more as a reflexive repetition of what had been said to him rather than a conscious communication. After a few moments, Passaer allowed himself to drift a comfortable distance away from Eucle and seemed to compose himself.

"I...am sorry for that. My mind is...clouded thoughts not...how are you?" He said, the tone of his voice shifting from emarrassed confusion to distant to awkwardly direct in moments, his brain clearly still attempting to process not only his newfound re-existance but also apparently emotions he was frankly unfamiliar with.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

The Void - Passaer, Eucle

Eucle smiles sincerely at Passaer and let's the fellow god take his time, when he askhim a question though Eucle answers.

"I'm happy to see you. I'm well, stronger than last time we saw each other. I've had four children, two died and two still live. But I'm well. Here... I made sure to collect this, to give it to you in case you came back."

Eucle offers Passaer the tetsubo of the World's Heart the weapon used by Yusri.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Throne Room, Krenko-Ka - Squeaky, Skreechy

Squeaky snuck up behind Skreechy, ever the quiet one. He kept his breathing deep and quiet, like a viscious predator stalking it's prey. A toothy grin crossed Squeaks face and he said. "Hey.", ever so quiet and breathing in Skreechy's ear.
    "Aaaaaagh! I FORGET FROM TIME TO TIME THAT YOU ACTUALLY SPEAK!" screams a surprised Skreechy. "STOP BREATHING IN MY EAR! PEOPLE WILL GET THE WRONG IDEA PEON!"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-06-11 at 04:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

"Aaaaaagh! I FORGET FROM TIME TO TIME THAT YOU ACTUALLY SPEAK!" screams a surprised Skreechy. "STOP BREATHING IN MY EAR! PEOPLE WILL GET THE WRONG IDEA PEON!"
    Squeaks simply grinned before playfully licking Skreechy's ear in an attempt to annoy Skreechy even further. "Big cannon. Probably should use it, yes?"
    Currently Playing

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Squeaks simply grinned before playfully licking Skreechy's ear in an attempt to annoy Skreechy even further. "Big cannon. Probably should use it, yes?"

"STOP DOING THAT!"
    Screams Skreechy while placing an oversized finger in his ear "You don't know where my ear's been fool..." he says as he picks enough wax out of it to make a candle. "AND YES WE HAVE OUR CANON HENCE WHY I SUGGESTED WE SHOOT IT, BUT AT WHAT?"

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

"STOP DOING THAT!"
    Screams Skreechy while placing an oversized finger in his ear "You don't know where my ear's been fool..." he says as he picks enough wax out of it to make a candle. "AND YES WE HAVE OUR CANON HENCE WHY I SUGGESTED WE SHOOT IT, BUT AT WHAT?"
    "Hmmmmm..... How about Mytea? The Dwarves? Maybe that human kingdom near the Shivian Plains? Parnetia?" said Squeaks as he whipped a map out of his loincloth, how it got in there and how it wasn't noticeable before....I doubt anybody wants to know.
    Currently Playing

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Hmmmmm..... How about Mytea? The Dwarves? Maybe that human kingdom near the Shivian Plains? Parnetia?" said Squeaks as he whipped a map out of his loincloth, how it got in there and how it wasn't noticeable before....I doubt anybody wants to know.
    Skreechy examines the map before screaming "NO! NOT THE DRAGONS! I DON'T LIKE DRAGONS, I WAS ONCE ALMOST EATEN BY A DRAGON please no more dragons I need a hug thank you." he says as he pins the map onto the wall, conveniently folding Northern Demiourgia so that it is not shown. "Since we can't decide... well shall make this important decision ...THE GOBLIN WAY" Closing his eyes, the throws a dagger at the map.

(1d20)[8]

Spoiler
    Show

1) Craast Dominus
    2) Reenan Isles
    3) Godsfought
    4) Skreechy misses
    5) The Apex
    6) The Burning Lands
    7) Krenko-ka (cause why not?)
    8) Skreechy misses again
    9) The First Tree
    10) The Frozen North
    11) Squeeks
    12) Neutral Ground
    13) Skreechy's foot
    14) The Crystalline Palace
    15) The Cosmic Mother
    16) Eldarond
    17) The Orc lands
    18) Skreechy cuts himself
    19) Parnetia
    20) Skreechy not only misses, but the knife is thrown out the window and lost.