New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gravity Falls

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Gravity Falls

So Gravity Falls is returning to us on the 13th of July with "A Tale of Two Stans".

This has been a highly anticipated episode as it will be diving into the background of Stanford Pines and what has been going on under the Mystery Shack! Everything has been leading towards this plotline and I'm super excited to see what comes of it and to see the past of Stan Pines!

Who else is on the edge of their seats for this!?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Gravity Falls

The Hype Train is rolling.

Let's hope it lives up to the Hype Train.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #3

PINESBOWL GET HYPE!

I'm pretty excited about this, too. Obviously, nothing is as it appears!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lets just hope they actually start airing episodes this time, rather than going on random 4-month hiatuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #5

Assuming this ins't like, the last episode of the season.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #6

A Tale of Two Stans might be the only episode airing for July, trying to find the source on that. But damn Disney is screwing them over with the air dates so far.

Spoiler: THE AUTHOR
    Show

HE'S BEING PLAYED BY J.K. SIMMONS!

That's right, his VA is J Jonah Jameson, Tenzin, Cave Johnson, and all sorts of characters! This is gonna be great~

Spoiler: MAJOR AUTHOR SPOILER
    Show

And we have confirmation that Grunkle Stan is Stanely Pines and the Author is Standford Pines from a pair of painted handprints. O___O

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    A Tale of Two Stans might be the only episode airing for July, trying to find the source on that. But damn Disney is screwing them over with the air dates so far.

Spoiler: THE AUTHOR
    Show

HE'S BEING PLAYED BY J.K. SIMMONS!

That's right, his VA is J Jonah Jameson, Tenzin, Cave Johnson, and all sorts of characters! This is gonna be great~

Spoiler: MAJOR AUTHOR SPOILER
    Show

And we have confirmation that Grunkle Stan is Stanely Pines and the Author is Standford Pines from a pair of painted handprints. O___O
    Considering that it took a few years for them to finish season 1.

Remember, in the show it's still 2012. I don't know why disney refuses to just air episodes of this show on a weekly basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

GLITTER HYPE!!!!!

No, seriously. I can't wait. I've been brewing various guesses as to what's really been going on, and I can't wait to see them finally start unveiling things. Pretty sure this isn't the finale, though, unless S2 is way shorter.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    So Gravity Falls is returning to us on the 13th of July with "A Tale of Two Stans".

This has been a highly anticipated episode as it will be diving into the background of Stanford Pines and what has been going on under the Mystery Shack! Everything has been leading towards this plotline and I'm super excited to see what comes of it and to see the past of Stan Pines!

Who else is on the edge of their seats for this!?
    Me! I am!

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Lets just hope they actually start airing episodes this time, rather than going on random 4-month hiatuses.
    I reject your preconceived notions of linear time.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Considering that it took a few years for them to finish season 1.

Remember, in the show it's still 2012. I don't know why disney refuses to just air episodes of this show on a weekly basis.
    1) THE SHOW IS HARD! Season 1 was a monumentally difficult undertaking, it was my first time making a TV show. We were also doing something that had never been done before on the Disney Channel- a script based 22 minute animated comedy with serialization. Given how many balls I had to juggle, I would occasionally drop one, meaning that we would be a month or two late on an episode. Entertainment is always a struggle between perfectionist artists like me and the people who pay the bills, and sometimes I would pull my end of that rope too hard. I have no regrets about how hard I worked or how much I cared, but I know we would have had less hiatuses if I was less specific with my vision

2) DISNEY'S PROGRAMMING STRATEGY-
    I work with a lot of smart, hard-working folks at the Disney Channel. They give me an immense amount of support, understand the shows value, and want to make the show a hit as much as I do. That being said, we don't always see eye to eye on the best way to execute this mutual goal. Often episodes are held in order to be played during the seasons or events that the programming department has calculated will get the highest ratings. All channels do this, its their job, and I've been told it works.
    Personally, I'm not that interested in ratings. If I had my way, we'd air the episodes as soon as we finished them. There was actually going to be an 8 month hiatus in the middle of season 1 that I argued down to 4. I always always want to get you the shows as soon as possible. But these are the compromises that come with working with big companies.
    -Alex Hirsch

Granted, I'd take issue with all channels do this to such a noticeable way...
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2015-06-29 at 11:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

I could really use this show coming to DVD. I've seen the first half of the first season (which is on endless repeat on UK TV) often enough, but as per usual it's always luck of the draw if I ctach something or nt. (Today, I was lucky and saw two episodes - from season two, I think) back-to-back. But it striek me that this show would definite from being able to be watched rather better.

Or course, with Disney's record on DVDs.... Also, the fact that according to the wiki, the show creater chap in Legato's post above has asked for it, and they've told him to get knotted, because DVD people live in some weird alternate dimension where they expect people have to buy a load of stuff they don't really want before the company dains to release something that they do.

(Which I find offensive. "We want people to buy a load of handfuls of random episodes, so that if we decide we have stuffed enough money out of people, we will elect to sell them some twice." (Tell you what chaps, why not just release the whole thing on DVD (and please don't bulkcrap us about the extra cost, because we all know the physical cost of DVDs is small and that there is plenty of already existant packaging to put it in) and charge full season price of it the first time, eh?) That and DVD regioning will be getting the good old "you can either stop it, or you can all be violently disembowled and then stopped from doing, your choice chaps" treatement when I finally take over.)

Ahem. But I digress.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

I'm predicting Season 2 will be the final season. It seems like all the loose ends and big questions are about to be tied up in the next few episodes, and it would (partly) explain why Disney's handing them out like they're the diamond industry.

Also, Alex said that even if he can't get them to release GF on DVD in its entirety, he'll still do episode commentaries that we can watch on YouTube in concurrence with the episodes. He also said to pester people at Disney stores for DVDs to get Disney's attention.
    You can always rely on the kindness of strangeness.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    I'm predicting Season 2 will be the final season. It seems like all the loose ends and big questions are about to be tied up in the next few episodes, and it would (partly) explain why Disney's handing them out like they're the diamond industry.
    Yeah, Alex said once in an AMA that he guessed the series would be "Two or three seasons and maybe I'd like to do a movie", and at the show's current pacing, two seasons seems like a good guess. Which I'm totally fine with. A good story is a story that knows when to end, and doesn't fall into the DBZ pit.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

15. - Top - End - #15

Is that the "Over stays it's welcome" pit or the "editors won't let the writer's stop" pit?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

The original conception, IIRC, was each season would represent one month of summer vacation. However, the writers didn't expect how quick fans latched onto the myth arc, along with some other production changes, and so rather then extending the ordeal out, they've decided to conclude in two season what was originally meant for 3.

Edit: The addendum being, if there was another season, it would be based on if they wanted to do anything else further than the original plan.

So I'm assuming
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the Bill arc will be concluded by the end of this season
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2015-07-03 at 02:31 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ugh. Three weeks between episodes. Better than nothing I guess, but I'm at the point where I'd be thrilled to death if some hacker stormed the Bastille that is Disney and freed the episodes early.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Im not gonna overhype this for myself. Gravity Falls is a bastion for me, and I am not gonna set myself up for disappointment.

I do hope they don't cop out and resolve the plotlines properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

When are they gonna delve into the backstory of Waddles? Seriously, who's the more important character: Stan or Waddles?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Author's presence strikes me as pretty damn climactic, and the only other real loose end in the show is Bill. Heck, even minor characters like Robbie and McGucket have been getting resolution this season. I'm pretty sure this is going to be the last season; I hate to see it end, but I'm glad to see it end strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher Wizard View Post
    When are they gonna delve into the backstory of Waddles? Seriously, who's the more important character: Stan or Waddles?
    There's really not much to go into. I mean, the guy's just the larval form of Time Baby; what else is there to talk about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

There is one other character: I kinda hope Thompson gets friends that/to actually respect him. I feel a little sorry for the guy.

I mean, either way it works as a sort of cautionary tale, but I'd rather it be one with a happy ending.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to shamelessly self-advertise myself, but...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=478940287

I've worked with a few guys to release a Civ V Gravity Falls mod! I hope you guys have fun with it, in case you decide to play.

Big fan of the show, hyped as all hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    There's really not much to go into. I mean, the guy's just the larval form of Time Baby; what else is there to talk about?
    But he's voiced by Neil DeGrasse Tyson!

There is one other character: I kinda hope Thompson gets friends that/to actually respect him. I feel a little sorry for the guy.

I mean, either way it works as a sort of cautionary tale, but I'd rather it be one with a happy ending.
    Maybe, someday, in a miraculous crossover, Thompson can become friends with Strong Sad (HSR) and Ronaldo Fryman (SU).

25. - Top - End - #25

Honestly, I'm hoping that the series is done after this season. This storyline is one that requires closure, and is already under a ticking clock. Maybe that could lead to a series 2 later on(as in, either not GF or not the author/Bill storyline), or that movie. I don't want it to end up pulling an Adventure Time, which while still being good loses its magic by REFUSING TO TIE UP THE PLOT ALREADY.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    Ugh. Three weeks between episodes. Better than nothing I guess, but I'm at the point where I'd be thrilled to death if some hacker stormed the Bastille that is Disney and freed the episodes early.
    Considering this show goes on a hiatus every episode, maybe it would make the most sense to just have a new thread for each one.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I don't want it to end up pulling an Adventure Time, which while still being good loses its magic by REFUSING TO TIE UP THE PLOT ALREADY.
    Adventure Time has a plot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Adventure Time has a plot?
    The Lich, which they keep finding ways to NOT resolve.
    Finn and finding other humans
    Getting Simon back
    And whether this is just thematic or an actual plot line, the struggling against inevitability and fate in the context of reincarnation
    PB setting up the Candy Kingdom with a successor for when she dies
    Magic Man and Mars

About the only plot line to actually wrap up is Lemongrab, and that only reestablished the status quo.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2015-07-13 at 09:15 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

As somebody once said:

At first I thought Adventure Time was not afraid to go outside its comfort zone. But then I realized that it is terrified of going outside its comfort zone. Its comfort zone is just very large.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

30. - Top - End - #30

Important amazing spoiler that couldn't wait for the end of the episode

Spoiler
    Show
    Stan was kicked out of NEW JERSEY
    Spoiler
    Show