New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: [SWd20] Universe is Mostly A Dark Place

Hawkeye looking about just to make sure the beast had gone, twirls the blaster back into her holster, heads directly to the med kit to try healing the wounds sustained, then will head to the cockpit and have r3 assist in the recalculation for astrogate to bleon from our present location
    hawkeye new rolls
    does not include assists from others so at least a +13 to these numbers
    Spoiler
    Show

pilot +19 (1d20+19)[29]
    astrogate +18 (1d20+18)[29]
    use computer +17 (1d20+17)[35]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    Retro-post!

Spoiler: Tera Kai, Sullust to Bleon, Day 1: Passenger Lounge
    Show

If not the first, Johl is one of the first to show up after the announcement. He inhales deeply and smiles broadly at Tera Kai, "Ah, a true chef aboard! This will be a most welcome and very pleasant change from the normal fare on the Sidewinder."

As he walks over to dish out some of the food he adds, "I can char steaks and fry bacon with the best of them, but a true gourmet meal is something to be treasured. Thank you very much, Tera Kai! Perhaps we can find some edible and delectable foodstuff where we're going too. Let me know if you ever need any help finding or collecting edibles."

Johl is a true connoisseur of good food and drink, savoring every bite. He pulls out a flask and offers to pour Tera Kai some as he says between bites, "Some fine Corellian wine, if you're interested?"

She will find that not only does Johl anticipate meals and show up as soon as they're ready, he actively engages her in conversation every time and inquires about what her favorite foods are.
    Tera Kai relaxes a bit when it becomes clear that her efforts have been well received. She cheerfully accepts Johl's wine, exhausted from all the focus and effort she put into this meal. Tasting her handiwork, she's astounded--this might be the best meal she's ever cooked, and with that realization the last of her anxiety is swept away by pride.

Spoiler: OOC: The Lure of the Dark Side (Cooking)
    Show
    DC 16:(1d20)[16]

Tera Kai enjoys the conversation with Johl, mentioning that her favorite foods are exotic meats with unusual textures, and appreciating the offer to help her find good ingredients. Afterwards, she always looks forward to mealtimes and their next chat.

Spoiler: OOC: Future Meals
    Show
    Tera Kai usually takes 10, resulting a Profession (Chef) result of 15.

Tera Kai, Sullust to Bleon, After the Battle

After a few moments Tera Kai finally clears her head from her "nightmare", and current sensations replace her terror. Belatedly, her mind processes the message from the comlink, and she grabs her rotary blaster from under her bed and strolls quickly (yet still stately) to the site of the skirmish. She looks around at the after-battle chaos, her eyes hunting for threats as the multiple barrels of her blaster spin with a faint, ominous whine.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"My lady Tera Kai, you are unforgivably late." Onissius points out in a tone of perfect politeness as he sees Tera entering
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Tera Kai eyes Onissius with an unreadable expression taking in the blaster marks on the bulkheads and the large number of armed droids. "May I ask what happened? Did a droid malfunction?" She switches off the rotary blaster, and the barrels slowly spin down until they are at rest. "It seems you managed to contain the situation quite quickly. Was anyone hurt?"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

She moves back into the engineering bay with her weapon drawn. "I don't see how we could. Its nature and qualities means it won't pick up on scan. The only way I see it being possible is if your force sensory abilities are exact enough to line up tiny space flecks moving at 4000 km/h. A task which I have the feeling is impossible." She raises her hands to the side of her. "Not that I mind being proven wrong."

Warmly she says, "Good show, Onissius." Looking towards the entering Tera.

She puts her blaster away. "It was a dark side force spirit. Because apparently those things exist now and are totally real things." She gently rocks her head. "This culture shock, lightning pun not intended, is one heck of a ride. In all my years none of this business brushes into view, but apparently you travel with a couple of force users and everything seeps out of the paneling. I'll just add ghosts are real next to seeing into the future on my list."

"No one was majorly wounded. Not that I've heard. A few burns and cuts."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-09-16 at 02:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

"To deny The Force is to deny a fundamental principle of existence. It is suffuses all living things and surrounds even the non-living. It is everywhere and everything at every time, and this makes it a powerful tool and weapon to those who can bend it to their will. The Jedi are merely an order of force-practicioners, and they are far from the only one. The Jedi are just perhaps the largest."

"...and I never said The Force was harmless. Just that any threats we'd face on Bleon would be no different than the threats we'd face on any other planet in wildspace, meaning that we could not really plan on what we'd find there, and whatever we did we'd have no choice but to deal with in any case. In essence, the discussion was moot. Still, I never expected a being such as we met. I consider it a good test of our ability to deal with threats outside our preconceptions that we survived it's attack and moreso drove it off."

Haggar goes silent, thinking to himself with a perplexed look on his face. There may be more he knows, but he isnt sharing it yet.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Johl grins at Onissius, “Ah true, but it is the little victories that bolster confidence to the level of being able to handle the big challenges. While we failed to slay that creature, though not from lack of trying, it could’ve done much more harm than it did. Had it attacked only one or two of us while the others slept, or were busy enough to delay us from joining forces, some of us could’ve died. I sensed it was powerful, and the presence of so many that opposed it dispersed the power it controls.”

He shrugs, and after Cora speaks her mind he adds, “While nothing is truly impossible with a clear enough understanding of the Force, this pursuit seems beyond our abilities presently. I doubt this was just a random incident, and I believe it had a reason to attack us here and now. While I don’t understand that reason, yet, I don’t see that anything changed except possibly its knowledge of us as a group. I could be wrong about all this; it could’ve just been in the area and happened to detect us in the vicinity. But I have a hard time accepting such an encounter as mere coincidence.

That list of yours will doubtless continue to grow, Cora. Many such things truly exist, whether they are understood or clearly seen for what they are by anyone. There are many strange, stupendous, and previously unknown things in the galaxy. Indeed, the universe is likely filled with such mysteries! But with so many of us present who have some grasp on how to use the Force to assist us, we have a great advantage over any threats, known or unknown.”

When Tera Kai enters and the discussion begins with Onissius, Johl remains silent and listens closely. He was only beginning to learn the dynamic between these two, and not knowing either one well yet, he felt it was not his place to interject or add to their discussion. Since Cora was the only one to respond to Tera Kai’s inquiry about injury, he says, “Indeed, nothing major, but painful and bothersome nonetheless. Since nearly everyone who was here for the fight took some damage, anyone with any skill at treating injuries should probably see what they can do for us.”

Unsure what could be done to help Cora, the one who took the most damage relative to physical toughness, he tells her, “Once we’re away from this point in space, I suggest you get some rest Cora.”

As Haggar begins speaking of the Force, Johl smiles and nods a few times, but says nothing more. He knows from his experiences of growing up at the Temple that too many instructors or an overwhelming amount of information given in lecture form often serves only to confuse the issues that takes most creatures a large portion of their entire lifetime to grasp even the simplest principles of the Force. He adds only, “Unexpected indeed Haggar, but some limited command of the Force allows us to deal with such unanticipated incidents more readily than most.”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    VP (wounds or used)
    Cora 21 (Heroic Surge 1/3)
    Haggar 41
    Hawkeye 10
    Johl 31
    Onissius 5
    Tera Kai
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Onissius nods to Coras comment, showing that he can be thankful for the praise but would not admit it in words. He then turns to Johl:
    "I will accept your assessment of the situation. If we do not poses the means to track it, I shall not be adamant in my desire of a pursuit"
    he then turns to Tera:
    "It is of little relevance how the situation was handled by those present. It is of far more grave concern that you failed to be amongst them. Lady Tera, I am disappointed."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

during the flight when R3 is capable of handling things hawkeye will invite the crew to the lounge for a friendly game of sabacc

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Tera Kai searches Onissius's expression for any signs of his frequent banter or jesting, before ultimately deciding his rebuke is serious. "I arrived in under half a minute from when the call went out. I consider that quite prompt--unlike half the crew, I cannot see the future nor sense danger before it occurs. In any case, I arrived as quickly as I could, but, as it transpired, the threat was dispatched before that could occur. Whether that is a testament to the lack of threat posed by the intruder, or the rather delightful concentration of firepower aboard this vessel, I do not know." The last is said with an attempt at a smile in what appears to be an unskilled, awkward effort to defuse the situation and calm Onissius.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Sullust to Bleon, Day 1...

With a group effort the new course to Bleon is calculated and entered into the Nav-computer. A few tense moments later the ship is hurtling through hyperspace toward the planet. It had been almost two weeks since they first met with the albino on Coruscant, and the end point of their mission was would soon be reached. How long it would take to fulfill that mission, and accomplish whatever else they thought worthy of their time and effort was yet to be seen.

Healing commences from the short yet very intense combat on the ship. The day is spent relaxing and socializing, though nearly everyone remains slightly on edge with the guarded expectation of encountering more trouble. Tera Kai soon becomes a focal point for many of the crew as she continues to amaze them with her cooking. The meals seem to bond the group, not surprisingly, and give Cora the chance to try out her newest additions to hardware and software.

One of the activities is the sparring session in the hold, using Johl’s custom made training lightsabers. They are specifically designed to practice with, and while not capable of inflicting serious wounds more than few minor scorch marks are endured by all who participate.

Show
    Sparring Lightsabers: 1d4 Damage, no critical range

Johl is a master of Ataru, a form of fighting style that focuses on agility and quickness over brute strength, replete with spins and leaps and other quick motions. While the weapon is the focus point of the actions, he stresses that graceful motions and agility are key to understanding the style. He’s very good at it, being quite quick on his feet and with years of practice with other masters. He’s also very patient and rarely vindictive in his attacks with those he spars, though he puts as much effort as possible into the sessions and inflicts as much damage as he can while fighting.

In true combat he often uses Force skills to enhance his dexterity, the key to true success with this style. But he restricts himself to his exceptional agility during the sparring session. He encourages Haggar to use Knight Mind to increase everyone’s dexterity during sparring, to better demonstrate the focus on it for the style.

It soon becomes quite clear to all, especially the other Jedi, that he is much better with a lightsaber than he admits to most, often downplaying his skill. In part that stems from his training as a Jedi, but also from his personal experience at dealing with people on the shadier side of life; not showing or speaking of your full ability until the need arises.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2016-05-20 at 05:46 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Sullust to Bleon, Day 2...

On the second day of hyperspace travel on their new course, something once again interrupts their journey and brings the ship back into real space. Typically only a large gravity well could do such a thing, so they immediately scan the area for unknown or uncharted planets, asteroids, very large ships or space stations, or anything else that could explain the interruption.

They find themselves fairly close (30 squares = extreme range) to the edge of an expansive, uncharted asteroid field. The sensors indicate it’s not that dense, but that the field is of considerable size. The risk of piloting successfully through the asteroids has to be weighed against the extra time it will take to navigate around it. Either way, they must choose one to get to a point beyond this gravity well and where they can calculate a new astrogate route to the jungle planet.

Relaxing in the crew lounge while chatting with the others, Johl leaps to his feet as soon as the Sidewinder comes out of hyperspace and runs to the docking clamp leading to his ship. Regardless of the reason for the interruption, he wants to be ready to launch his ship the instant any threat might appear.

Show
    We'll presume this occurs when everyone is awake
    Need actions for everyone on rd 1
    include ship initiative for the pilot, and each individual except pilot
    Need computer use check(s) for sensors, also indicate what mode and include any mode bonuses

Initiative
    Johl 17
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2016-05-18 at 05:11 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Astroid Field
    So much for a smooth ride .. R3 get the shields up now, Onissius, sit down strap in if your going to be here, otherwise man a gun turret- Comms - Johl prepare for immediate undocking, I am initiating a Koiogran

>Leadership +2 - grants allies a +2 to skill checks of DC10+<

Hawkeye Actions
    ***EDITED****
    Pilot us away from missiles maximum speed

R3 Actions
    Shields to maximum
    Ship sensors to <Scan Mode>
    Power up the Weapons
    pop up turret deployment

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

hawkeye rolls
    initiative +3 pilot +1 ship size (1d20+4)[19]
    pilot +19
    Maneuver: Loop - Koiogran turn
    (1d20+19)[26] +3 [29]

r3
    initiative +3 (1d20+3)[10]
    gather information +9 (1d20+9)[15]
    use computer +15 (1d20+15)[32] +4 = 36 to (sensors: scan mode)

r3 assist
    pilot +15 (1d20+15)[16]
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-09-25 at 02:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Sullust to Bleon, Day 2 - Asteroid Field, Rd 1...

[22] Johl makes it to his ship (double move) and prepares for whatever might occur. On the way he reaches out to the Force to enhance his dexterity (Force Mastery = free action on Enhance Ability, +8 dex, 6 VP), then clicks on his comlink to respond to Hawkeye, “On my own, check, just how I like it! Rex, search mode, front arc first, let’s see what we can find, little buddy. Power up the weapons, and fire up the engines. As soon as I’m aboard raise the shields and get ready to take off at the first sign of any threats out there.”

[21] Rex activates the sensors in search mode (move) and powers up the weapons (free) while scanning the area ahead and reports to everyone over the comlink, “There are six starfighters in wing formation at the edge of the asteroid field heading our way at full speed!” Following Johl’s instructions, the droid also fires up the engines (move, 1 of 2 rds).

[20] The wing of starfighters flies at ramming speed (10 squares/move) directly toward the Sidewinder. They maintain their wing formation and fire missiles (attack, 2 each = 12) at the Sidewinder. Each missile streaks toward the freighter (double move = 18 squares).

[20] Cora cleverly manipulates the sensors (move, even if a 1 is rolled its enough for DC 20) to add to the defense (+2) of the ship.

[19] Hawkeye issues commands (free), performs a quick turn and pilots the ship directly away from the incoming missiles and fighters (x2 move, attack speed = 16 squares).

[11] Tera Kai rushes (x2 move) to the gun turret she had been assigned to operate.

[10] Onissius makes his way to the cockpit (x2 move), the closest thing to a bridge on this ship, lamenting the disruption of tranquility enjoyed during hyperspace travel and reflecting on his uselessness in space combat.

[10] R3 activates the shields (free), initiates a sensor scan (move), and powers up the weapons (move), including the pop up turret.

[7] Jurai uses Force Mastery to better prepare her mind for battle (free, Battlemind, +4 Attack, 12 VP). She moves to one of the turrets and settles into the harness, preparing to act as gunner (x2 move).

[6] Haggar reaches his mind out to the Force and concentrates on his companions, greatly enhancing their dexterity (full, Knight Mind +6 Dex, 18 VP)

Show
    Ship Speed
    Sidewinder – Attack (8 squares, +2 def, -2 pilot)
    DW1 – Ramming (10 squares, +4 def, -4 pilot)
    M1-12 - Ramming (9 squares)

Initiative [noted above]
    Johl (ship) 22
    Rex 21
    DW1 20
    M(1-12) 20 (1/6 rds)
    Cora 20
    Hawkeye (ship) 19
    Tera Kai 11
    Onissius 10
    R3 10
    Jurai 7
    Haggar 6

VP (wounds or used)
    Cora
    Haggar 18 (Knight Mind +6 Dex 1/9 rds)
    Hawkeye
    Johl 6 (+8 Dex, 1/10 rds)
    Jurai 12 [of 91] (Battlemind +4 Atk, 1/10 rds)
    Onissius
    Tera Kai
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2016-05-18 at 05:14 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Combat
    Show

Initiative (1d20+1)[6]
    Full-Round Action: Knight Mind (costs 18 VP) on all PCs + 1 Battle Droid Gunner, Gives everyone +6 to Dexterity except myself.

Round 2: Control Mind on all PCs and the Battle Droid Gunner granting +2 Force Bonus to all Attacks and Skill Checks
    Also gives me a DSP

"How much do you wanna bet that these pirates sit waiting in this asteroid field for spacers to get jolted out of hyperspace?"

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Tera Kai, Sullust to Bleon, Day 2

Upon feeling the unexpected jolt out of hyperspace, Tera Kai runs for one of the longshot turrets, and gets herself situated and ready to fire.

Show
    Initiative:(1d20+3)[11]
    1st Round Action: Get to gun

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"What possible reason could there exist for this lack of tranquillity?" Onissius says over the com before hurrying to the bridge, realizing he is quite useless in a space battle

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

asteroid battle round 2

****EDITED****
    Continue to move maximum speed away from missiles

R3 continue to ready popup turret

asteroid battle round 3
    use Dodge if needed to avoid missile or other incoming fire
    have Onissius get into the popup turret

asteroid battle round 4
    R3 sensors aft scan
    if the missile are far enough away will pull a loop action at attack speed

Spoiler: Round action rolls
    Show

hawkeye
    Dodge
    Pilot +23 <Knight Mind , Control Mind>(1d20+23)[34]

Maneuver: Loop
    Pilot +23 <Knight Mind , Control Mind>(1d20+23)[24]

r3
    sensors scan aft
    gather information +9 (1d20+9)[14]
    use computer +15 (1d20+15)[19]
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-09-25 at 02:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Tullust to Bleon, Day 2 - Asteroid Field, Rd 2...

Through the intership comlink Johl says, “Red Rapier to Sidewinder, ready for action. Rex, release the clamp and fire a missile at the far left missile. When you get a chance, search left for a larger vessel or a space station. I suggest the Sidewinder search to the right, though I suspect the base is in the asteroid field.

Using his mastery of the Force he readies his mind for combat (free, Battlemind, +3, 10 VP).

Rex releases the clamp (move), confirms that the engines are ready and fires a missile (attack, RM1) at an enemy missile. Though the high quality missile fails to strike, it falls in behind the targeted missile (M1).

The second the clamps release his ship and the engines are at full power (delay until after Rex), the Jedi Ace flies straight toward the wing of battle droids (ramming speed = 9 squares). “They look like Mark I battle droids! I suspect these are simply scouts. Time to see if they want to play!

He fires the laser cannons at three of the incoming missiles (Rapid Gunner = 1 move & full round attack). Each of the three blasts hit and destroy the intended missile (M2-4).

A pair of the battle droids each fire two missiles (attack, M21-24) directly toward the Red Rapier (move & attack). The remaining four droids fire more missiles (attack, M13-20) at the Sidewinder. The wing maintains formation and flies directly at the Sidewinder (move 10 squares).

The dozen missiles they initially fired that weren't destroyed (M1, 5-12) and the eight they now fire (M13-20) try to strike the freighter. Thanks to the piloting skill of Hawkeye, the sensor manipulation by Cora, and the overall luck of the crew, none of the missiles hit!

The four missiles targeting the Red Rapier fare no better, all missing as well.

Since all enemy threats were behind them at the moment, Cora manipulates the shields to angle them aft (move), doubling the protection from that direction. Her fingers fly over the control of the sensors as well, granting one of the gunners a better chance of hitting (move, +2 Attack bonus to Tera Kai).

Show
    Even a 1 succeeds, and a higher number adds nothing, so not bothering to roll for Cora

Hawkeye presses the controls harder, subconsciously trying to make the ship faster as she continues to flee the missiles and approaching Starfighters (x2 move). She informs Onissius that his assistance would be most useful in the pop up turret manning the ion canon.

Tera Kai focuses her mind for battle (Heroic Surge 2/3, +3 Battlemind, 5 VP) then settles into the quad laser and fires a multitude of shots. The second shot destroys a missile (M20), but most of the elusive missile evade her attempts.

Onissius creates an illusion of a ship similar to the Sidewinder that appears at a distance of approximately 10 km (attack, 5 VP).

R3 sweeps the sensors aft (move) in scan mode, but detects nothing new. Having little else to do at the moment, the droid aides the Captain (move) in piloting the ship.

Jurai again uses her Force Mastery, this time to enhance her dexterity (Enhance Ability, +4 Dex, 6 VP), then fires the quad lasers at the most recently fired incoming missiles. The first pair of shots hit, blasting a pair of missiles (M19-20) into oblivion, but the other shots miss their targets

Haggar seizes control of everyone's mind, adding to their chance of success when attacking or using any skill (full, Control Mind, +2 Attack and Skill checks, 5 VP, +1 DSP, maintain = move action each round).

Show
    So Jurai and Tera Kai are in position on the quad lasers and the weapons are powered up.

Tera Kai gets +2 from Cora above, and all three get +3 from Knight Mind to Attack, but also suffer -4 penalty from lack of starship operation or gunner. So...

Tera Kai (BaB 9, Dex +3, KM +3, BM +3, Size +1, FC +4, +2 Sensors, Non prof -4, RS -2)
    Total +19/+14 (Autofire +13/+13/+13/+13/+8)

Jurai (BaB 9, BM +3, EH[Dex] +2, KM +3, Size +1, FC +4, Non Prof -4)
    Total +18/+13 (Autofire +12/+12/+12/+7)

Ship Speed
    Sidewinder – Attack (+2 def, -2 pilot)
    Red Rapier - Ramming (+4 def, -4 pilot)
    DW1 – Ramming (10 squares, +4 def, -4 pilot)
    M#'s (9 squares)
    RM1 (9 squares)

Initiative
    Rex 21
    RM1 (vs M1) 21 (1/6 rds)
    Johl (ship) 21
    Droid Wing 20
    Cora 20
    M(1, 5-12, SW) 20 (2/6 rds)
    M(13-19, SW) 20 (1/6 rds)
    M(21-24, RR) 20 (1/6 rds)
    Hawkeye (ship) 19
    Tera Kai 11
    Onissius 10
    R3 10
    Jurai 7
    Haggar 6

VP (wounds or used)
    Cora
    Haggar 23 (Knight Mind +6 Dex, 2/9 rds; Control Mind +2 Atk/Skills, 1/10 rds, maintain = move)
    Hawkeye
    Johl 16 (Enhance Ability +8 Dex, 2/10 rds; Battlemind +3 Atk, 1/10 rds)
    Jurai 18 [of 91] (Battlemind, +3 Atk, 2/10 rds; Enhance Ability +4 Dex, 1/10 rds)
    Onissius 5 (Illusion, 10 km, attack action, 5 VP/rd)
    Tera Kai 5 (Battlemind +3, 1/10 rds; Heroic Surge 2/3)
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-09-28 at 11:02 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I will endeavour to create an illusion of another vessel, similar to this one to appear at a distance behind us to be perceived as reinforcements for us." Onissius announces as he straps in
    "If the Force is with us, it should occupy a proportion of our assailants. Please communicate this to the rest of the company"

Spoiler
    Show
    Force skill: Illusion 23 + 2 = 25 from Haggars Control Mind

Appearing in the distance behind the Sidewinder, another ship in the same design holding the same speed and course. It is far enough away to naturally come into view in stead of suddenly just appearing
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2015-09-26 at 09:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Tera Kai takes a quick breath, using one of her little focusing tricks that she finds useful to clear her mind. She then opens up on the inbound missiles, shooting as many as she can.

Spoiler: Fire at ze Missiles
    Show

2nd Round Heroic Surge Bonus Action: Battlemind
    Battlemind: (1d20+16)[21]
    Last edited by Xetheral; 2015-09-28 at 09:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Fire at ze Missiles (posting retry)
    Show

2nd Round Action: Full Attack +11/+11/+11/+11/+6 (Using Battlemind +3, Targeting Eye and Rapid Shot Feat)
    Attack 1:(1d20+11)[17] Damage 1: 2 x (5d10)[21]
    Attack 2:(1d20+11)[28] Damage 2: 2 x (5d10)[31]
    Attack 3:(1d20+11)[13] Damage 3: 2 x (5d10)[31]
    Attack 4:(1d20+11)[15] Damage 4: 2 x (5d10)[30]
    Attack 5:(1d20+6)[13] Damage 5: 2 x (5d10)[29]

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Sullust to Bleon, Day 2 - Asteroid Field, Rd 3...

Rex realizes the danger ahead and behind, so the adept droid fires one missile from the rear facing torpedo tube at one of the pursuing missiles (RM2 at M21). The missiles collide in an explosion that leaves only space dust behind. The droid shoots another missile from the front facing torpedo tube at one of the approaching fighters (RM3 at D5 = full, 116 HP), causing ship wide damage.

The missile that Rex previously fired at one of the missiles pursuing the Sidewinder (RM1 vs M1) strikes true and again creates a cloud of dissipating space debris.

Johl blazes away at the wing of droid fighters with the focused twin assault laser canons set to mutlifire as he flies directly toward them (RG = full attack & 1 maneuver). The first shot is a solid hit on the damaged ship (D5, 84 HP), blasting it into oblivion. The second shot hits the lead ship, doing serious damage (D1, 70 HP). The final shot hits the same ship (D1, 90 HP), destroying it as well. Just before reaching the point of collision he veers off to the right in a slow turn, angling away from them and trying to get some of the droids to follow him.

A pair of the battle droids (D4, D6) break from the main wing to form their own smaller wing and try to establish pursuit on the Red Rapier, then fire their laser canons. Despite Johl’s obviously superior piloting skill, the droids inexplicably establish a pursuit course; almost as if Johl wanted them to succeed. The laser canon shots both miss as Johl pilots his vessel with expertise rarely seen.

The other pair of droid ships (D2, D3) maintain their wing formation and continue their course directly toward the Sidewinder, closing in on the freighter (x2 move, = 5 squares behind).

The remainder of the missiles (M5-19) try to strike the freighter (attack +5 each). Most of them miss, but two (M5, M6) strike hard! The photon blasts shake the entire vessel and damages the angled shields badly (78 + 70 = 120 SP + 28 HP).

The trio of missiles still pursuing the Red Rapier (M21-24) miss, but stay on target.

Cora does everything she can to restore the shields (move, repair 27). She then repeats her action with the sensors, granting an additional bonus to Jurai (move, +2 Atk).

Show
    Again, Computer Use +31 = auto succeed on both

Hawkeye continues to fly away (x2 move) from the droid fighters that are slowly closing the distance between them and the Sidewinder as she dodges one of the missiles.

Tera Kai refutes the idea that these droids are tools of pirates, pointing out that pirates usually don't try to destroy their targeted loot. She fires at the missiles again, this time hitting and destroying three of them (M13-15).

Onissius maintains the illusion of a ship similar to the Sidewinder that appears at a distance of approximately 10 km (attack, 5 VP), with the same speed and course.

R3 joins Cora to restore more shield power (move, repair 17), then angles them to the rear again (move).

Jurai aims at missiles and fires, hitting and destroying a pair (M17-18) of them.

Haggar uses his mastery of the Force to maintain the Mind Control (free, 1 VP) as he moves to the ion canon (full rd).

Show
    Ship Speed
    Sidewinder – Attack (8 squares, +2 def, -2 pilot) + sensor = def 25 (+ dodge = def 26)
    Red Rapier - Ramming (10 squares, +4 def, -4 pilot) def 29
    DW1(2,3), DW2(4,6) – Ramming (10 squares, +4 def, -4 pilot)
    M's (9 squares, +5 Attack) def 22 HP 30

Initiative
    Rex 21
    Johl (ship) 21
    DW1 20
    Cora 20
    M(7-12, SW) 20 (3/6 rds)
    M(16, SW) 20 (2/6 rds)
    M(22-24, RR) 20 (2/6 rds)
    Hawkeye (ship) 19
    Tera Kai 11
    Onissius 10
    R3 10
    Jurai 7
    Haggar 6

VP (wounds or used)
    Cora
    Haggar 19 (Knight Mind +6 Dex 3/9 rds, Control Mind +2 Atk/Skills, maintain = move, 2/10 rds)
    Hawkeye
    Johl 16 (Enhance Ability +8 Dex, 3/10 rds; Battlemind +3 Atk, 2/10 rds)
    Jurai 18 [of 91] (Battlemind, +3 Atk, 3/10 rds; Enhance Ability +4 Dex, 2/10 rds)
    Onissius 10 (Illusion, 10 km, 5 VP/rd)
    Tera Kai 5 (Battlemind +3 Atk, 2/10 rds; Heroic Surge 2/3)

HP Damage
    D1, D5 destroyed
    Sidewinder 28 (Shields now @ 88/120 angled)
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-10-03 at 08:14 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Haggar makes for the unmanned Ion Turret from the crew lounge as he calls over the comms
    Sounding genuinely excited, feeling the adrenaline pumping through his system and thoroughly enjoying it
    "I'll make for that Ion Turret and see if I cant score us a few fighter droids to sell!"
    Spoiler: Round 3
    Show

Free: Force Mastery to make the move action to maintain Control Mind a free action (Cost 1 VP)
    Move Action(s): Get in turret
    Attack Actions: (If there is one when I get in the turret...) Fire a single shot at a droid (1d20)[13]

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Tera Kai grimaces as she manages to only hit a single missile. The expression changes to a cringe as the ship shudders from the impacts. As the she gets ready to shoot at those that are coming around for another pass, she mutters into her headset: "Pirates aren't usually in the habit of firing missiles at their loot...." She then shuts up as her targets come back into view, filling the area around them with a deluge of blaster fire.

Spoiler: Round Three: Fire at ze Missiles (Again)
    Show

3rd Round Action: Full Attack +16/+16/+16/+16/+11
    Attack 1:(1d20+16)[27] Damage 1: 2 x (5d10)[27]
    Attack 2:(1d20+16)[21] Damage 2: 2 x (5d10)[23]
    Attack 3:(1d20+16)[30] Damage 3: 2 x (5d10)[34]
    Attack 4:(1d20+16)[17] Damage 4: 2 x (5d10)[24]
    Attack 5:(1d20+16)[25] Damage 5: 2 x (5d10)[33][/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Xetheral; 2015-09-30 at 09:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Rd 4

Another wing of starfighters (DW2) appear on the sensor screen, flying out of the asteroid field on course to intercept the illusionary ship. A dozen missiles shoot out ahead of the fighter wing, but change course rapidly. After a few seconds their courses diverge, half (M1a-6a) toward the Sidewinder, the other half (M7a-12a) at the Red Rapier.

Rex fires another missile (RM4) to the rear, targeting one of the pursuing missiles (M22) since they represent the most potential damage. The missiles collide and explode into a cloud of debris.

Johl performs a reversal, a tricky and very difficult maneuver also known as a Correlian Slip, placing his ship directly behind the pursuing missiles and droid fighters (Opposed pilot checks; johl 38 vs 26). He then opens fire on the remaining pair of missiles (M 23-24), destroying them with one shot each. The last laser canon blast hits one of the droid fighters (D6, 38 HP).

The pair of battle droids split up (D4 left & up, D6 right & down) and try to maneuver behind the Red Rapier in a move very similar to the one Johl just accomplished. But the Jedi Ace simply stays on the tail of the undamaged ship (D6) and allows the other one (D4) to fall in behind him. The whole formation changes course and heads back toward the asteroid field.

The other pair of droid ships (D2,3) change course to rejoin the pair engaged with Johl, quickly catching up and joining the pursuit on course back to the asteroid field.

The remainder of the missiles (M7-16) try to strike the freighter, but none of them hit.

Cora restores more shield power (move, repair 19) and continues to scan the area.

Hawkeye continues to pilot the ship away from the asteroid field, knowing the ship must be a good distance from such a gravity well to enter hyperspace.

Tera Kai targets the missiles right behind the ship. All of her shots hit, and each one destroys a missile (M7-11).

Onissius maintains the illusion of a ship (attack, 5 VP), directing it to change course slightly. The ship weapons appear to be getting ready to do battle with the pursuing ships.

R3 helps Cora, performing incredibly fast computations and manipulating the shield controls to restore more power to them (move, repair 15).

Jurai continues to fire at the pursuing missiles. This time each of her shots hit, and she destroys the last of the nearest missiles (M12,16) targeting the Sidewinder.

Haggar realizes the droid Starfighters and the only missiles threatening the Sidewinder (M1a-6a) are now out of range. So he maintains the Mind Control (attack) and waits.

Show
    Ship Speed
    Sidewinder – Attack (8 squares, +2 def, -2 pilot) + sensor = def 25 (+ dodge = def 26)
    Red Rapier - Ramming (10 squares, +4 def, -4 pilot) def 29
    DW1(2-4,6) – Ramming (10 squares, +4 def, -4 pilot)
    DW2 – Ramming (10 squares, +4 def, -4 pilot)
    M’s (9 squares, +5 Attack) def 22 HP 30

Initiative
    DW2 22
    M(1a-6a, SW) 22 (1/6 rds)
    M(7a-12a, RR) 22 (1/6 rds)
    Rex 21
    DW1 20
    Johl (ship) 20
    Cora 20
    Hawkeye (ship) 19
    Tera Kai 11
    Onissius 10
    R3 10
    Jurai 7
    Haggar 6

VP (wounds or used)
    Cora
    Haggar 19 (Knight Mind +6 Dex 4/9 rds, Control Mind +2 Atk/Skills, maintain = move, 3/10 rds)
    Hawkeye
    Johl 16 (Enhance Ability +8 Dex, 4/10 rds; Battlemind +3 Atk, 3/10 rds)
    Jurai 18 [of 91] (Battlemind, +3 Atk, 4/10 rds; Enhance Ability +4 Dex, 3/10 rds)
    Onissius 15 (Illusion, 10 km, 5 VP/rd)
    Tera Kai 5 (Battlemind +3 Atk, 3/10 rds; Heroic Surge 2/3)

HP Damage
    D1, D5 destroyed
    D6 38
    Sidewinder 28 (Shields 88/120 angled rear)
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2015-10-03 at 08:33 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Hawkeye
    Comms: Johl we have taken hits if we cant shake these guys we will need to jump.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hawkeye Primary Actions
    R4
    pilot +19 to avoid the fighters and missiles
    (1d20+19)[30]
    R5
    (1d20+19)[33]
    R6
    (1d20+19)[30]

R3-AS1 Primary Actions
    round 4,5,6
    sensors scan aft
    gather information +9 (1d20+9)[26]
    use computer +15 (1d20+15)[26]
    repair shields
    use computer +15 (1d20+15)[17]
    Repair +18 (1d20+18)[20]

Alternative Actions
    Round 4,5,6 Alternative actions
    Prep for hyperspace jump to Tatooine

pilot +19 (1d20+19)[26]
    astrogate +18 (1d20+18)[23]
    use computer +17 (1d20+17)[33]

r3 assist
    pilot +15 (1d20+15)[24]
    astrogate +16 (1d20+16)[22]
    use computer +15 (1d20+15)[28]
    Last edited by samduke; 2015-10-01 at 11:12 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Onissius sends the illusionary ship on a course to place it between the starfighters attacking it and as many as possible of the starfighters attacking the real Sidewinder. He tries to make it look as the illusion takes on some damage, and that it's gun turrets try to aim at the approaching starfighters, he however makes no illusion of shots coming from them, as if the illusionary ship is delaying the attack in some kind of plan

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Tera Kai relaxes briefly after she blows three more missiles away, only to have her short-lived enthusiasm die when the new fighters appear and another barrage of missiles is launched. She speaks into the intercom: "That idea of jumping sounds like a good one...." There is definite tension in her voice which stands in stark contrast to her normal muted intonation. With a grimace, she brings her turret around to fire once again.

Spoiler: Round Four: Missiles and More Missiles
    Show

4th Round Action: Full Attack +16/+16/+16/+16/+11
    Attack 1:(1d20+16)[36] Damage 1: 2 x (5d10)[32]
    Attack 2:(1d20+16)[28] Damage 2: 2 x (5d10)[29]
    Attack 3:(1d20+16)[34] Damage 3: 2 x (5d10)[36]
    Attack 4:(1d20+16)[23] Damage 4: 2 x (5d10)[31]
    Attack 5:(1d20+11)[30] Damage 5: 2 x (5d10)[28][/QUOTE]

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Round 4 Combat
    Show

Free: Force Mastery to maintain Control Mind (Cost: 1VP)
    Move: Use Battlemind Skill (Take 10 via Skill Mastery Feat), +4 to attack (Cost 6VP)
    Attack: Fire the Ion Cannon at droid starfighter!)
    (BAB+Dex+Fire Control+Battlemind-Nonproficiency)

Haggar says nothing. He merely takes a moment to focus himself, growing and grinding his teeth as he points the heavy ion cannon at an enemy droid starfighter and fires
    Last edited by Starmage21; 2015-10-02 at 02:22 PM.