New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: 'Off the Edge' Star Wars FFG/EotE (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcturusV View Post
    He grabbed Elav'chir's wrist, "Come on," he instructed, dragging her along, out of the line of fire (especially if there was some reinforcement that he hadn't spotted yet) and away from the shotgun blasted table, over towards the cover of the Academic. Hopefully the rest would play along with his actions, "Come on, while they're still distracted," he tried to tell the Academic, and the Barmaid if she was close, leading them out from cover to cover, away from the battlezone of the cantina, and heading back to the Bucket of Bolts that was "his" ship with his little refugee's in tow, "We take shelter and wait for it all to blow over," he instructed the civilians.

Spoiler: Mechanics!
    Show
    Not sure how you want me to handle it, maybe a little out of initiative order (Then again I rolled like a BEAST on my initiative)... But breaking away from the combat with the "Civilians". Maybe a leadership test to see if they'll follow the Perfectly Legitimate Innocent Businessman?

http://orokos.com/roll/410244

0 Success, but 3 Advantage. Huh.
    Torrance beckons to Elav'chir and the others. He has their attention but they seem frozen in place, unsure of whether to follow or not. The Sullustran woman also sits up as well as she can (still handcuffed) and Elav'chir points at her, "She needs protection too." She turns to look at the other PCs, "What about you lot, are you in this too? Get us out of here and I'll help you."

Meanwhile the cook is disappearing into the distance, headed towards the city.
    Spoiler: Using those advantages
    Show
    A tricky situation in which to get much benefit but maybe a Boost dice to anyone else who supports any of your interactions with the NPCs
    Last edited by sagamer; 2016-06-14 at 05:15 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

Jose finishes his run to the Sullustran woman and double checks the militia won't cause him any grief.
    Quickly he searches the still bodies for the key to the shackles and then turns to the Sullustran woman "Well don't just sit there, let's get the hell out of here."
    Standing he helps the woman stand and then runs with her back towards the landing pad.
    "Byen, it's hit the fan. Get ready to be airborne. Not sure where to but I'm sure you can figure something out as we get to you."
    Growing old is mandatory

Growing up is optional

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Rupethebear View Post
    Jose finishes his run to the Sullustran woman and double checks the militia won't cause him any grief.
    Quickly he searches the still bodies for the key to the shackles and then turns to the Sullustran woman "Well don't just sit there, let's get the hell out of here."
    Standing he helps the woman stand and then runs with her back towards the landing pad.
    "Byen, it's hit the fan. Get ready to be airborne. Not sure where to but I'm sure you can figure something out as we get to you."
    The Sullustran rubs her wrists as Jose removes the cuffs. "Thanks for the help but I've got my own ship and I'm not leaving without it." She makes to run off in a different direction across the duracrete. In the distance you can see a G9 Rigger Light Freighter (not the same one that came in recently). Further away, a YT-1300 is lifting off (too far away for the cook to be on board, in case you're wondering)

Byen's voice comes back across the comlink, "You got it, firing up the Nexus now. So, with Thel in the brig, who's flying the Bantha? Also, don't forget I don't have much fuel on this bird. Wherever we're going it better be close."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Torrance flipped on his commlink, hearing the traffic from the Captain, "Keep the engines ready to bolt, but relax and stand down," he offered, not really knowing too much about starships, but figuring that she could idle it on low power or something if need be. "Look, nothing beyond salvage is going on, and we still need to be here." He was confident in tone and stance, apparently the shootout not having rattled him like it rattled everyone else. Even the Thugs seemed to be quivering and ready to bolt.

With everyone scampering off, or dead, he straightened up, smoothed out his clothes, his weapon hidden from sight once again, imposing his order on the situation rather than looking like a wide eyed whomp rat scrambling for a bolt hole. He offered his hand down to Elav'chir, "Come on, stand tall, be confident, I am a legitimate businessman, and we still have some deals to make here," he told her, reinforcing subtly something he wished his comrades would keep in mind, not mentioning Spice Trade in every third line they uttered. Image mattered. Order mattered. So much of what he accomplished came down to attitude and confidence, always moving, always attacking, bulling over anyone that stood before him.

"Come on, we'll get you a change of clothes, clean you up, and then you watch how a professional handles things," he assured Elav'chir, and the rest of the Crew there for that matter. He walked with purpose, shoulders back, head up, looking like he was on a mission, and quite put out, considering that someone had taken a shot at him as he headed back to the Bantha, not scrambling in the slightest, everything under control.

Course he had no idea the Hunters had wired their transport, and they wouldn't be taking off regardless due to it. But he wasn't planning on running in the least. Presuming that Elva'chir followed after him, he would take her inside the Bantha, show her to the refresher to get cleaned up and calmed down, give her a spare set of clothing, a business suit like his tossed in for her. Matching as they would be, easier to show Elav'chir and him as a united front representing a larger body. Intimidation pure and simple of a classical variety, there was a reason armies, gangs, pirates, and all sorts had uniforms after all.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The last of the militiamen went down to well placed stun shot from Torrence and with a simple thought Apex deactivated her weapon and checked her wounds.

Her armor had done it's job and protected her from most of the projectiles, but a few of them had gone through, nothing serious though.

"I'm fine Nyreen, I had worse", she called out to her sister as she walked across the battlefield to pick up her helmet.

"Idiots", Apex muttered as she stepped over the smoking corpse of one of the militiamen. Had they really thought that Apex had not been serious with her warning or had they thought that they ever had a real chance.

Apex picked up her helmet and then called back her surveillance remote before deactivating it again. For a moment she thought to send it after tge cook, but there were more pressing matters and the Twi'lek was secure.

"You guys got an medic on your ship?" She asked Torrance as he seemed to be calling the shots here. "Also, we should take the sleeping one hostage to keep the militia from trying anything funny."

6. - Top - End - #246

Jose made a mental note to not be so discerning next time he was shooting around a Sullustran, bloody ingrate.

He put the cuffs on his utility belt and placed the key in a secure spot in his utility belt.
    He grabbed the blasters and any weapons the militia were carrying and the he tried to lift the 2 unconcious militia, one over each shoulder, and struggled back to the ship.
    Spoiler: Lift roll
    Show
    http://orokos.com/roll/410620
    Growing old is mandatory

Growing up is optional

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

As you survey the situation and take stock, the Human barmaid starts to shake and becomes increasingly hysterical, "My cantina! Who's going to pay for this? Oh, my table! Broken dishes. Get out! get out!" before collapsing in a heap and sobbing inconsolably. The older Twi'lek gathers her possessions and moves to comfort the barmaid, gesturing at you all to go, not that you need much encouragement, the signs and sounds of panic are still all around and instinct tells you that it's time to hightail it.

Elav'chir nervously follows the confident Torrance to the Bantha, gladly accepting the offer to freshen up and get some clean clothes. Jose struggles in shortly afterwards carrying a couple of scatterguns and light blaster pistols (much more is going to seriously overload you) and the unconscious body of one of the militia who is starting to come around (there was only one unconscious, the others were all killed).

Checking her surveillance drones, Apex notes that the Human and Aqualish crewmen boarded a YT-1300 freighter which promptly took off (the one you spotted earlier). There were no signs of anything suspicious

Your Sullustran friend has disappeared but just when you've given her up as a lost cause a comlink request comes in across the Bantha's coms. "Didn't want to leave without saying thank you and maybe we can all salvage something from this mess. I've got a lead which that waitress we all know was helping me with. Worth a bit of money to us all. If you can help, I'll cut you in. So what do you say? Give you a few minutes to think it over. Don't take too long though, those militia have lots of friends."

Just then, Byen's voice comes across the comlink, "Ah, hate to break up the party guys but we've got in-bound from the city. Looks like a couple of A-A5 Speeder trucks with weapons mounts. They're headed our way."

OOC: I'm assuming that Knuto, Weld, Apex and Nyreen are aboard their respective ships if they wish to be. By the way, for the benefit of newer players, Weld is a medic.
    Spoiler: Where is everyone
    Show
    Elav'chir the waitress plus Torrance and Jose are aboard the Bantha (HT2200 freighter), The NPCs Byen, Syn and WAC-1N are all aboard the Nexus (Ghtroc freighter) with engines running, I'm assuming that Knuto, Apex and Nyreen are aboard their ship the Red Star (YT-1760) with the ex-PC bounties. Weld, any preferences? As for pilots, I'm assuming Knuto is piloting the Red Star, Byen the Nexus; who's piloting the Bantha if it needs to take off?
    Last edited by sagamer; 2016-06-15 at 07:06 AM. Reason: forgot to add surveillance drone report

8. - Top - End - #248

Jose turns to Torrance
    "Well Boss, your call"
    "Don't look at me like that Torrance, I'm serious."
    "I know I'm a point and shoot weapon. I don't hide that fact. I'm not well educated and not very eloquent. I can however shoot things, I seem to have a natural knack for it."
    "I've no idea what spice is, hell I don't know if I've eaten anything with spice on it !!"
    "So from here until we aren't looking for spice, I'll follow your lead. Just tell me where to shoot."

Jose turns away and busies himself with securing the unconscious militia man.

Once that's been seen to he gathers the 2 scatter guns and the 2 pistols and stores them in one of the secure lockers for later use.
    Last edited by Rupethebear; 2016-06-15 at 06:24 AM.
    Growing old is mandatory

Growing up is optional

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Torrance smiled, waving over to the Rodian's little corner of the ship, "Medic's in there, good guy, level head, try not to cause him too much stress. Seems to have some special stimms he's been working on, if you're into that sort of thing," he told Apex back on the Bantha.

With Elav'chir clean and dressed up as an offworld business woman, he seemed fairly confident, even as the comm came in. He wasn't rattled in the least, a bit surprised that the local thugs had that sort of response time, probably that chef shot them off some alarm, as he doubted any of the members of the militia had time to report they were under fire before they were down, nor did he hear any of them calling out trouble, least that he could remember amid the din of shotgun blasts and blaster fire.

He arched an eyebrow to Elav'chir, "Any idea what the woman is referring to?" he asked, not sure what trouble or opportunities that the Sullustran was leveling. He remembered that she had apparently mentioned the name of their spice contact though.

But regardless, he nodded to Jose, "Answer her, set up a rendezvous somewhere for later discussions over something more... private. Give me about 5 hours before the meeting, by then we'll either be flying away from here, or everything will be settled down."

He looked over the gathered people on the Bantha, "I'm not much of a person for violence myself. Out in this lawless, anarchist hole run by gangs and guns, I'm going to be counting on you to be vigilant. Do what you feel you have to, in order to keep us safe and secure. You all seem fairly competent in such arenas, and I'll place my trust in you. If you have thoughts on the situation, let me know. But for now? Well..." he smiled, cocksure and at ease, "I do what I do, and this seems like a moment for peacemakers and dealers. Going to be heading out to the Harbormaster, he seems to have an in with the local thugs, and I'll be going on the offensive. If things work out? We should be fine. If not? Well... as far as anyone here knows I am just a potential slave trader," he eyed Elav'chir and gave a little laugh, pointing out her public tantrum about him being a slaver in the Cantina, really the only thing that he thought anyone could peg on him amid all the confusion of the firefight.

"If you think you can keep your cool, watch my back, and keep our business out of the light of day, come on with me. Take a few moments to clean up, try to put on your best professional polish, appearances matter here. I don't want you looking like some terrorist killer coming in from the blasted wastes, the idea here is Professional, corporate security at best, maybe something like a Journeyman Protector at worst. I can let you borrow a jacket or something to help the uniformed look, if you need it. But best foot forward, yes?"

He turned to Elav'chir, "You're going to be my local guide here. Stay discrete, act like you're my assistant. Whisper in my ear if I need to know something, never speak aloud in front of others, act respectful towards me. With your new clothes? Should work well..." he paused, and fishing inside his jacket, pulled out his dataslate, handing it over to Elav'chir, "Take notes as you need to, try to look busy when you can, ignore others and direct them to talk to me. You comfortable with that?"

Presuming everyone was set and ready to go, he was ready to go himself. He gave those there a confident wink, "Remember my friends, proper business is all about everyone walking away, thinking they've won."

10. - Top - End - #250

Jose now moved with a purpose.
    "Byen, I need a quick scan of the surrounding 10Km area. I need a flat, yeah, yeah I know, I know. On this dustbowl everything is flat, but I need a spot without a road near it. Let's have them fly in like us."
    Jose waited a moment for Byen to find a rough spot and opened Comms to the Sullustran.
    "Here's the co-ordinates for the meet. Nice open place for both parties. See you in 5 hours."

"Ladies" Jose turned to Apex and Nyreen "could you please give me your thoughts on this next bit, Knuto, Weld you too please."
    Jose continued" If we land the Bantha here" pointing to a spot on the holo table of the chosen rendezvous point, "Apex and Nyreen leave the vessel first, moving to the right of the ship. Ela then Torrance follow."
    he paused to see if there were any problems so far before continuing,
    "Always move to the right of the ship. I'll be in the belly gun ready, just in case."

"Knuto, Weld. You'll be the on-board back up if need be."
    Noticing Weld become a bit restless he continued quickly "I don't expect you to come out guns blazing but you may be called upon to help"

"Byen, if the engines are cold, how long before we can get off the ground?"

"Thoughts, concerns, ideas?"
    "We have 5 hours, let's use them."
    Growing old is mandatory

Growing up is optional

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Now that they're a bit closer, the A-A5 Speeder trucks seem to be headed in the direction of the cantina. You have a bit more breathing time, assuming of course they're here for you. There seems to be a bit of activity off in that direction, civilian traders emerging from cover, some running around, some yelling ...

Byen has located a good looking landing spot to the north in the Bright Lands. "From what I know of Ryloth, no-one will be too keen to follow us out there, not without some serious hardware anyway. Lift off and atmospheric flight will burn a bit of fuel but we have more than enough for that, just remember that the Nexus won't get home with what we have, nor I suspect will that YT-1760 our new friends came in with. If you're planning a dust off then someone needs to start firing up the Bantha's engines, time's ticking. I've got Syn in the Nexus' turret standing by."

The Sullustran checks in, "Got the co-ords. Sounds like a plan. I've invested too much here to back out now. See you at the meeting point. I'm heading south then I'll swing around a few klcks out, don't want to make it too obvious. Oh, name's Aia Fillia by the way. Ashworm out." With that, her G-9 Light freighter lifts off, heading south as indicated.

OOC: I'm going to slow my posts down a bit to allow players who haven't posted recently some time to catch up. The trucks haven't reached the cantina (or you) yet so cantina actions are still possible. If you're not obviously on any of the ships, please declare any actions you want prior to that.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Torrance nodded, things getting accomplished, 5 hours, plenty of time as far as he could understand, maybe have some more handy people attend to some of the light damage that they had sustained so far. Everyone seemed on task, and acting in less of a panicked state.

"Come on Elav'chir," he gestured for the Twi'lek to follow him. He was heading down the ramp, out of the Bantha. Standing tall, chin up, looking as imperious as the Free Trader that he ha told everyone here that he was. And with Elav'chir in tow, hopefully taking some notes, reviewing files, or at least attempting to look busy. Torrance was making his way to the Harbormaster's little hut on the landing pad, fairly confident with how badly he had cowed the man earlier.

Rattling off, Torrance dictated a message to Elav'chir as they walked across the landing pad. "Initial delays coming from lack of infrastructure upon Ryloth, factional local politics resulting in a lack of manual labor and supply. Hidden fees are a constant theme, revealing petty figures in power, unused to proper galactic commerce. In the end my recommendation is that no upstanding member of the Commerce Guild should-" he cut off, as he came to Won'wetu's office, clearly having spoken loud enough for the harbormaster to have heard what he was leading to, and that his 'assistant' was entering it in what was likely the capacity of an official report to his backers or guild contacts.

He narrowed his eyes at Won'wetu, and shook his head in clear disappointment. "Now now now... I had thought you had assured me that your facilities and personnel where capable of meeting my needs!" he started in right away, not yelling, but his voice was raised and carrying his utter disgust towards Won'wetu. "I try to enjoy a drink at your little watering hole, I try to broker a deal with a local merchant, and YOUR men come in, saying that they were arresting my broker, AND they FIRED AT ME!" That was blatantly yelled, roaring out at Won'wetu, fading away into a heavy sigh.

Without asking, he went to a chair, settling down, leaving Elav'chir to stand behind him, his fingers steepled over his chest. "Your men chased off my business, and fired at me," he hammered that point home, staring dead eyed over at Won'wetu, "Compensation will have to be made, if you want my business, and those of others of my class."

He took in a deep breath, arching an eyebrow at Won'wetu, "It's hotter than a Hutt's Hoverchair here, shouldn't you offer me something to drink?" A sudden demand to put him off kilter, if he had started to adjust to the apparent meaning of the meeting. "So how are you going to make this right?"

Show
    Well, he's going in for hardball negotiation... so Negotiation Check? If you want it.

http://orokos.com/roll/410766

4 Successes, 1 Advantage total. Also remember you gave me a Boost Die to all future interactions with him because I just STOMPED him hard the first time out.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Heading back to the ships with the others, she listens to the plan, nodding, "We can do that, remember, we need that spice and the Hutt will be very unhappy with us if we come back empty handed. " It is their job to make sure that spice gets loaded, "When we land , we are going to have a talk about what trouble you were having with getting the spice in the first place. Deal?" She glances at her sister for a moment, helmet not showing much but she can feel her frown, things are just getting more complicated, at least no one seems to care about their crewmates.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

14. - Top - End - #254

Zombie

Knuto slipped into the pilot's chair of the Red Star, quickly opening a comm channel to the Bantha while checking the engine status.

After hearing the plan he quickly brought up a map of the local area and checked out the proposed site.

"Looks good. From what you've said this cargo will fill the other two ships. When it's time to get off planet I'll run interference with the Imperials. Apex, Nyreen - have you got paperwork for these bounties? If we get boarded it'd be nice not to have to hide anything".

Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    Do we have enough fuel to get back? If not, do we have enough to get to any other system?

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

He narrowed his eyes at Won'wetu, and shook his head in clear disappointment. "Now now now... I had thought you had assured me that your facilities and personnel where capable of meeting my needs!" he started in right away, not yelling, but his voice was raised and carrying his utter disgust towards Won'wetu. "I try to enjoy a drink at your little watering hole, I try to broker a deal with a local merchant, and YOUR men come in, saying that they were arresting my broker, AND they FIRED AT ME!" That was blatantly yelled, roaring out at Won'wetu, fading away into a heavy sigh.

Without asking, he went to a chair, settling down, leaving Elav'chir to stand behind him, his fingers steepled over his chest. "Your men chased off my business, and fired at me," he hammered that point home, staring dead eyed over at Won'wetu, "Compensation will have to be made, if you want my business, and those of others of my class."

He took in a deep breath, arching an eyebrow at Won'wetu, "It's hotter than a Hutt's Hoverchair here, shouldn't you offer me something to drink?" A sudden demand to put him off kilter, if he had started to adjust to the apparent meaning of the meeting. "So how are you going to make this right?"

Show
    Well, he's going in for hardball negotiation... so Negotiation Check? If you want it.

http://orokos.com/roll/410766

4 Successes, 1 Advantage total. Also remember you gave me a Boost Die to all future interactions with him because I just STOMPED him hard the first time out.
    Won'wetu is taken off guard but his natural Twi'lek composure kicks in, "Er, of course we must do business in a civilised manner. I might point out that from what I understand, your associates engaged in an unprovoked gunfight with our er 'appointed law enforcement agents'. And, er .." he takes a second glance at Elav'chir, "Aren't you the cantina waitress?"

OOC: Flipping a dark side destiny point to upgrade one die. Please roll 1 Challenge die and 2 Difficulty dice for Won'wetu's Cool as an opposed roll against Torrance's Negotiate (1eC+2eD) This leaves you with 3 Light Side Destiny and 2 Dark I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
    Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    Do we have enough fuel to get back? If not, do we have enough to get to any other system?
    Spoiler: Fuel Levels on the Red Star
    Show
    The Red Star is a light freighter with only 50 fuel cells. It has 20 fuel cells left, not enough to get all the way back to Nar Shaddaa but enough to get as far as Gamorr or Bothawai, or somewhere closer, like Tatooine

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Won'Wetu's Mechanics
    Show
    http://orokos.com/roll/411203

Got a total of 4 failures, which I guess means that the total is +1 Advantage for Torrance, as it cancels out his 4 Successes. The power of the Dark Side is insignificant vs the power of Torrance's Facery.

... actually I realized I rolled 2 Difficulty with my original roll... so really it's just +1 Failure from the one extra Challenge die? So it might actually be 3 Success, 1 Advantage as the total... Well the dice are there in the log if you want to check and figure it out either way.

"My associates?" he asked, arching an eyebrow at him, "You mean the bounty hunters that shot up some of my crew, captured them, and then came to haggle for their potential release?" Unless he had the cantina bugged, Torrance figured it was a solid bluff, and would fit the events that anyone could have figured. He wondered who Won'Wetu's information contact was, possibly just that cook who ran off, maybe the barmaid. Either way, not people who interacted with him and his loose lipped associates enough either way to really know the difference.

"And, if you had complete information, you would have known I tried to stop the violence, and broker a peaceful deal between those half crazed bounty hunters, and your men." He seemed calm enough, level stare at Won'wetu, putting the pressure back on him by pointing out his incomplete information, glossing over the presence of Elav'chir, it wasn't important to the discussion. Let him ponder and sweat it out, Elav'chir looking different enough in her new clothes and guise that he hoped that Won'wetu couldn't be CERTAIN... much less if she was a wanted target by the militia why she'd be walking out openly like this into the snake den.

"But now, lets get to the important part." He leaned forward in his chair a bit, giving a conspiratorial air to the discussions, as well as further drawing Won'wetu's focus on him and less on the events going on around them. "From what I gather, I have a cargo hold full of medical supplies that some local men could use... and you do have the appropriate contacts to make sure it goes where its needed." He let that dangle out, make Won'wetu feel a little important and needed to this supposedly powerful figure's business plans. "And I hear those men trade in certain valuable commodities, unique to this planet." He wasn't going to just say Slave Girls, but it was clear from his tone that's where he was going, having pegged the local militia, Doneta, and the Slave Trade as being linked here. "Which could just possibly turn the debacle this planet has been, into something profitable enough for me to recommend to my fellow Traders." Again, sweetening the pot, leaving Won'wetu to ponder what percentage cuts and fees he could wrack up with increased trade flowing through this little port. Maybe moving him up from a small time hustler to a major figure on Ryloth. He tilted his hands towards Won'wetu, gesturing that the ball was now in his court. "100 units of new, high grade combat stimms fresh from Thyferra, along with 10 crates of freshly stocked medpacks." He let that linger, and gave Won'wetu a little smile, "Just a small taste, in return for say..." he seemed to consider it, knowing that Ryloth was facing a shortage on such supplies, and most likely had plenty of Twi'leks, "15 units of your commodities? Presuming you of course have the pull to arrange such a transfer..." just that slight little ding to wound his pride and possibly make him overcompensate after having pumped him up just before.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Welp, more negotiation here...

http://orokos.com/roll/411207

Wow, a flat zero. For the second time in the game...

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

OOC: On Mechanics. Yeah, you're right, you rolled two Difficulty dice last time. That was my mistake, it should have been an opposed roll rather than just a skill check. Twi'leks typically have 3 Presence so he should have rolled three dice. I'll get you to roll an extra difficulty die for that last encounter. However, I'm appreciating the roleplay here so you can have an extra boost die too (1eD+1eB)
    Last edited by sagamer; 2016-06-17 at 04:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Show
    Ech. Terrible. Got 2 Failures but 1 Advantage for my total on that then...

http://orokos.com/roll/411260

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Won'wetu's eyes light up slightly though he quickly returns to the poker-faced facade of the small time hustler and grins evilly, while gesturing impatiently for his droid to get you a drink, "An interesting offer my friend, I think I could arrange such a transfer as a mutual gesture of goodwill though I must insist on an upfront payment given the situation. Do you perchance have a sample of your merchandise? A crate of medpacks as a gesture of your good intentions and the quality of your merchandise. That will be required to smooth over any difficulties with 'law enforcement'. I can naturally arrange a display of our best units for your perusal in exchange. They are, of course being kept in storage to maintain their 'condition'. Now shall we talk price ..."
    At that point, Torrance's attention is drawn to the nearby arrival of the Speeder trucks, a number of militia disembark carrying blaster rifles and wearing some rudimentary armour. They look to be a tougher proposition than the thugs you encountered in the cantina earlier. The leader, a tall nasty looking thug with a jagged scar down his cheek starts ordering the others around and cursing loudly. They start moving through the network of stalls and the leader moves swiftly towards you both. Ducking under the shadecloth he growls at Won'wetu, "What the #@& happened here? Five of my men dead. Who's responsible? I'll gut them slowly and feed 'em to the Gutkurrs." At that point he spots Torrance, "Who the #@& are you?" Won'wetu intervenes, "A business associate, he has a most interesting deal and I think you will find that the bounty hunters responsible have retreated to that ship," he points to the Red Star.
    "Right!" the leader barks, "Attack formation! Get that YT. Bring it down now!" At which the two speeder trucks move out supported by six militia on foot, moving towards the Red Star.
    Show
    A slight failure on the business transaction but he's supported your facade with the militia (the advantage)

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Torrance remained as cool as an ice statue on Hoth during the dark of night, as the Militia came in. He was confident in the fact that during the confusion no one would have pegged him as an aggressor. And even if someone remembered him, well, he only fired a stun blast, at someone who shot at him first. And beat a retreat from the 'crazy people' along with the others.

"I take it your associates don't often run into trouble?" he asked, arching an eyebrow at what he considered a slight over aggressive, and fairly rapid response to the situation. For what was supposedly just 3 aggressors they seemed to bring an entire company of men. In armor. No kill like overkill he supposed. He just wondered if the Bounty Hunters were going to open up with the dorsal cannon, make them pay, and blast off. Might be the best possible solution to the problems from his end of things. He had no idea how effective a blaster rifle would be against a spaceship like the transport, though he guessed "not very" was the answer. All aggression, no brains, he had yet to really see any Anti-Vehicle weapons or emplacements around here. Just flailing around like a Gundark who took a stun baton to the genitals.

He settled back in his chair, still nice, calm, and professional. "Regardless, I believe we can do business. A crate of medpacks is more than fair, for an initial offering and finder's fee," yes, he figured that Won'wetu would probably just sell them to the militia, and make a profit, but despite calling it out and showing he wasn't a fool, he didn't seem to mind. "Of course I'll want to inspect the merchandise in turn, before the final deal. I do understand such things take time though, unruly people being what they are, and of course the little unpleasantness here." He frowned, a looked as if trying to figure out his schedule.

"I do have some other minor business to take care of, people to meet, reports to file. Lets say I fuel up here, take a short trip, and come back in... 8 hours?" He nodded as it seemed to just come together in his mind, playing up the spontaneous nature of his plans. "Give me coordinates to meet with the supplier and swap cargoes, I... rather not leave anything wilting out in the Ryloth sun," he mentioned with a smile, referring to any prying eyes that might be getting involved in the shady deals.

He raised up his index finger, pausing for a moment, and tossed his commlink to Elav'chir, "Call up the good Captain, do check on how our fuel needs are at the moment," proper businessman he was, he didn't do petty things like that, leave that to the underlings like the sharp dressed Twi'lek secretary, the commlink already coded into the transports, as he had called them earlier.

Show
    Not much to negotiate here, he's mostly agreeing. He is kinda putting a shine on Won'Wetu though, trying to put him at ease and make him feel like he's in control. Charm? Deception? Same roll for me either way.

http://orokos.com/roll/411267

Well, zero success streak continues, but 2 Advantage.

21. - Top - End - #261

Zombie

"Oh kriff" Knuto exclaimed.

"Get buckled up - we're going out hot" he yelled over his shoulder as he flicked half a dozen switches to fire up the engine and lift the ramp all at once.
    Spoiler: Piloting roll to get moving quickly
    Show

I'm making a piloting roll to get going before it's too late. I'm assuming 2 difficulty:
    Piloting roll to get the Red Star going quickly: 3eA+1eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph

2 successes + 1 triumph!

I'll wait to hear from sagamer whether this is enough to get away before they attack us.
    My plan is to use the triumph to swoop in low over them, sending them diving for cover.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

"I do have some other minor business to take care of, people to meet, reports to file. Lets say I fuel up here, take a short trip, and come back in... 8 hours?" He nodded as it seemed to just come together in his mind, playing up the spontaneous nature of his plans. "Give me coordinates to meet with the supplier and swap cargoes, I... rather not leave anything wilting out in the Ryloth sun," he mentioned with a smile, referring to any prying eyes that might be getting involved in the shady deals.

He raised up his index finger, pausing for a moment, and tossed his commlink to Elav'chir, "Call up the good Captain, do check on how our fuel needs are at the moment," proper businessman he was, he didn't do petty things like that, leave that to the underlings like the sharp dressed Twi'lek secretary, the commlink already coded into the transports, as he had called them earlier.

Show
    Not much to negotiate here, he's mostly agreeing. He is kinda putting a shine on Won'Wetu though, trying to put him at ease and make him feel like he's in control. Charm? Deception? Same roll for me either way.

http://orokos.com/roll/411267

Well, zero success streak continues, but 2 Advantage.
    OOC: As you say, not much to negotiate really and it wasn't a fail, I'm playing the mechanics as buttering him him a bit more rather than any outright win

Quote Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
    "Oh kriff" Knuto exclaimed.

"Get buckled up - we're going out hot" he yelled over his shoulder as he flicked half a dozen switches to fire up the engine and lift the ramp all at once.
    Spoiler: Piloting roll to get moving quickly
    Show

I'm making a piloting roll to get going before it's too late. I'm assuming 2 difficulty:
    Piloting roll to get the Red Star going quickly: 3eA+1eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph

2 successes + 1 triumph!

I'll wait to hear from sagamer whether this is enough to get away before they attack us.
    My plan is to use the triumph to swoop in low over them, sending them diving for cover.
    Won'wetu seems content with the deal though a bit anxious about all the paramilitary activity going on. "Perhaps we should take cover?" he suggests then ducks behind something solid without waiting for Torrance. Elav'chir plays her part beautifully, firing off questions crisply on her comlink and compiling a report on her datapad which she presents to Torrance, acting the role of the efficient secretary very effectively.

Spoiler: Report on fuel and food levels
    Show
    Both your main ship ('The Blue Bantha') and the Ghtroc freighter ('The Hutt's Nexus') have consumed 30 fuel cells each so far. It was 27.5 to get to Ryloth following which you had to travel in realspace to orbit then through the atmosphere and land, another 2.5 cells. The Bantha has much larger fuel cells (it's a bigger ship) so it has 70 left but the 'Nexus' has only 20 left. The trip back will require slightly more fuel too, since you'll have a fully loaded ship, especially if you take the longer route (and therefore will require more power generation). Unless you really go out of your way, the 'Bantha' has enough fuel to get back to Nar Shaddaa but the 'Nexus' doesn't. You could transfer fuel from ship to ship and still have enough to make the return journey if nothing goes wrong, and of course this also depends on which way you go.
    On the 'Bantha' you've now consumed 42 consumables (you have 108 left) and on the 'Nexus' they have consumed 14 consumables (they have 66 left). This is including the extra consumables Torrance and Weld purchased. The 'Red Star' has 20 fuel cells (though is about to burn some taking off and doing atmospheric flight) and 90 consumables (comfortably enough to get back to Nar Shaddaa)

Meanwhile, the militia fan out and approach the Red Star, the weapon mounts on the speeder truck (light laser turrets) swing round to bear on the ship which suddenly lifts smoothly off the ground, it's ramp simultaneously raising as Knuto deftly swings the controls to bring the blast from the engines washing across the militia pushing them backwards, then just as they regain their composure the ship accelerates rapidly swooping low over them, smashing one of the laser turrets on the way through and causing the militia to dive face first for cover. The scar faced commander has landed in a pile of dewback droppings and comes up spluttering curses, waving his fist and firing his blaster rifle vainly at the departing vessel as it does a smooth banking turn and heads off into the distance.

Won'wetu's head pokes up from behind his makeshift barricade. "Well, glad to see no-one was hurt. I wasn't worried you know, just taking precautions. Ah, where we we? Oh yes, co-ordinates for the exchange. Shall we say back here in eight hours? And how many units would you like to examine?"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Eight hours," he confirmed, taking the dataslate from Elav'chir, looking over the list. 40 cells, near as he could figure, loaded up would cover them. He confirmed it, handed the slate back to Elav'chir, "Well, bring your supply team over to my vessels shortly, I'll be loading up 40 cells of fuel, and can drop off the supplies with them." Nice, simple, he took out his cred stick, ready to pay off Won'wetu for the fuel. Above broad and up front, he figured Won'wetu wouldn't short change him, not at this point where he was looking to make out like a bandit as long as he played nice with Torrance.

That handled, he stood up, gave a short little bow, and headed out with Elav'chir in tow. He said nothing on the way back to the Bantha, not sure how many of the militia had sharp ears and might pick up a stray word here or there. Not until they were safely back on The Bantha, hatch closed, relatively certain that they were in a place where they could talk freely did he seem to visibly relax and open up.

"Wade, load up one of the boxes of the medpacks!" he called out to the Rodian, checking on the crew to make sure no one got too rattled with all the militia traffic. "Going to need to patch in with the Red Star sometime soon, let them know what's going on. As soon as you think any comm signals won't be picked up by the locals, let me know." Comms tech wasn't his specialty, but he didn't exactly want anyone here to guess what was going on.

Sitting down, kicking up his feet, he gave Elav'chir a smile, "Good work there, you're a natural. I presume you have some questions though? We should be free to talk here." He seemed pretty pleased with himself at the moment, and why wouldn't he? The loss of a crate was regrettable, but well within margins of his plans. Everything seemed to be going along as smoothly as possible. They had hardly been on the planet for 2 hours, and were about to wrap up their business here. Combined with the hyperspace shortcut they had taken to get here, they had to be well above schedule as well. Other than people restraining and hauling off part of his crew, you couldn't really ask for a smoother transaction, he figured.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

"Eight hours," he confirmed, taking the dataslate from Elav'chir, looking over the list. 40 cells, near as he could figure, loaded up would cover them. He confirmed it, handed the slate back to Elav'chir, "Well, bring your supply team over to my vessels shortly, I'll be loading up 40 cells of fuel, and can drop off the supplies with them." Nice, simple, he took out his cred stick, ready to pay off Won'wetu for the fuel. Above broad and up front, he figured Won'wetu wouldn't short change him, not at this point where he was looking to make out like a bandit as long as he played nice with Torrance.
    OOC: Unfortunately you only have 370 credits left on that expenses cred stick, not enough to buy 40 fuel cells at 15 credits each. Just enough to buy 24 though.
    The other cred stick you got (for the Ryll deal) is specially coded and would take a very highly skilled slicer to crack

25. - Top - End - #265

Jose was sick of these back world thugs.
    He watched the arrival of the speeder trucks from the lower turret on the Bantha, just waiting to return fire. He made slow, deliberate adjustments rather than a sudden change in targetting, so as not to draw undue attention to the Bantha or it's crew. He was ready to fire at the blaster turret on the truck, just give the word.

Over the comms he heard Knuto's warning and was ready to give covering fire if needed.
    The sudden take off and the Red Star was gone.
    The aftermath made it difficult for Jose to keep a straight face.
    Thugs on the ground, sprawled like legless drunks and one even had dung on his face.
    If only he had a vid recorder.
    Jose chuckled to himself as he still had the turret trained on the speeder trucks.
    Growing old is mandatory

Growing up is optional

26. - Top - End - #266
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

When the militia approached, ready to avenge their dead comrades Apex was sitting on her bunk aboard the Red Star, torso stripped naked down to her sports bra and a Rodian inspecting her wounds.

Her armor had prevented the worst, but her scarred skin had already turned purple from the bruises she recieved where the bullets had hit her. She grunted as Weld's fingers checked her for broken ribs. She attempted to get up, but the shy Rodian firmly held her back. She could've shoved him aside with ease, but his gesture was clear, and there was no need for her to fight, at least not at the moment.

Trapped deep inside of the Red Star the only thing she noticed of Knuto's daring takeoff was that she and her Rodian doctor got thrown to the ground as the inertia dampeners hadn't set in already.

"Damned hotshot Rodian!", she exclaimed as she helped the medic up who then proceeded with the treatment.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

botting Weld

Weld, clicked in frustration at the gyrations of the ship but his narrow fingers probed expertly and swiftly, examining the wound, extracting a small piece of badly damaged tissue and patching it expertly. Gesturing to Apex and in a few heavily accented words of his limited Basic vocabulary, he helped her to lie back and rest before strolling off towards the cockpit.
    Shortly afterwards there is an angry exchange in Rodian and then an irrate Weld returns to check on his patient.
    Last edited by sagamer; 2016-06-22 at 05:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Sitting down, kicking up his feet, he gave Elav'chir a smile, "Good work there, you're a natural. I presume you have some questions though? We should be free to talk here." He seemed pretty pleased with himself at the moment, and why wouldn't he? The loss of a crate was regrettable, but well within margins of his plans. Everything seemed to be going along as smoothly as possible. They had hardly been on the planet for 2 hours, and were about to wrap up their business here. Combined with the hyperspace shortcut they had taken to get here, they had to be well above schedule as well. Other than people restraining and hauling off part of his crew, you couldn't really ask for a smoother transaction, he figured.
    Elav'chir smiled, "You're full of surprises human. So, you're not a slaver but you are a spicer. You working for someone or is this your op? So what's this deal you're brokering with Won'wetu then? If you're not after slaves why ask for them? And what's your interest in Vej'zusal? He's a nice old guy, a bit touched in the head if you ask me. Been out in the Bright Lands too much but harmless enough, or at least he was..."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"A free trader," he corrected Elav'chir, "I take what opportunities arise, and fit my own desires. No specialization, no limitations. Go where I will, make the deals I want, and come out clean and clear, with a stack of credits," it was an important distinction in his mind, and perhaps a fiction about his near future. Spicers, slavers, they were not him. They were Bad Guys, after all, preying on the addicted or the helpless. Him? He was just a simple businessman, brokering a deal. Sometimes it was those lies you told yourself, that helped you sleep at night.

He took his boots of the table, sitting forward again, "Right now, it's a contract on behalf of someone else, and that's where you're getting your cut from when we get to Nar Shadaa," he didn't say, but he figured she was smart enough to figure anyone dealing in Spice in Hutt Space meant, well, Hutts. "And our contractor would most likely appreciate people not nosing into his business," it was a safe assumption he had been operating under, and kind of regretted just how loose lipped his crewmates on this run had been about the nature of their work, but there was hardly any helping that, and it didn't seem to damage anything so far.

"So you keep people on their back foot, you go on the offense, and you confuse them about what you really want," it was how Torrance had handled all his business lately, since leaving Balmorra. His tone imparting that wisdom as if Elav'chir really was some intern or apprentice learning the trade to him as he pondered. He looked down at the table, moving around a few glasses, utensils, and spreading them out in a little diagram that only made sense to him as he pondered what was going on.

"Right now, there's only a few people on Ryloth that know why we're really here. The crew of this mission, including you, and our contact for the Ryll, Vej'zusal. Considering the illegality of the cargo, I'd like to keep it like that." No use hiding what their mission was to her, after all, she pretty much should have known it by now.

"Part of that, is also keeping interested parties from snooping too closely into us," he gestured to a fork, "Like the local gangs," apparently the fork representing the Militia and Donata, "Or Customs," he pointed towards a glass that apparently represented the customs frigate in orbit around Ryloth. And pointing to another little salt shaker, "Or local peacekeepers."

"We're suspicious as hell, if anyone checks too closely. Registered out in Hutt Space, avoiding primary spaceports, lots of heavily armed thugs on the ships... anyone with two wits to rub together should figure we're up to no good in some fashion or another... so it's all about letting them make their own conclusions about what that no good is," he smiled cheekily up to Elav'chir, after all, she had instantly assumed he was a slaver as well once she figured something was up with them.

"So I feed Won'wetu, and through him the local boys, their own idea of what I'm up to, with my highly suspicious crew and cargo. Suddenly a lot of thugs to keep the cargo in line makes sense. As does the large amounts of cargo space we have, and the valuable medical supplies we have brought for trade, and why we'd pick this little dustball slab of a spaceport over something more major. It keeps them busy, they think they have a lock on what I am, and that they'll profit off me." He flipped over the fork on the table, "Course that's just part of it."

"We have a few hours before our next meeting, so during that time, I'll want you to get in contact with a local merchant. Someone who ideally isn't connected to your local militia and Donata. They don't need to be filthy rich, or give us all that much profit. Heck you can approach a block of families living together in the slums, I might even appreciate the chance to do a good deed with such," he told her, making sure she had his commlink again to make the call. "I want someone that can take these medical supplies off our hands, and trade us a small sum of credits, but mostly local Ryloth food. Ideally something that will store well over the course of a week long trip back to our employer." A few credits to fuel up again, all they really needed, just that bit of cushion just in case. "Legitimate business is important, in case someone gets curious," he tipped over the salt shaker now, "A few credits, some bluster, put on a good show, and of course have some 'exotic' Twi'lek cuisine for alien palettes, it's a common enough trade, there are always people with a lot of credits willing to burn on what you'd consider even the most common and bland of fare."

He nodded, "Part of our meeting in 5 hours will impact the rest of the plan. But eventually we're going to have to swoop through and get our cargo from Vej'zusal. All goes according to plan in 9-10 hours, you should be off of Ryloth, and on the first step to Corellia."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Elav'chir nodded, "A local merchant not connected to Doneeta, hmm, there are a few and they'd appreciate the business. The Doneetas have squeezed out most non-clan and taxed or bullied the others into submission. It'd be nice to get one back at them for what they've done over the last two months here."

She gets to her feet, "So you want me to take the supplies into the city to try and offload them? You'll trust me with that? Alone?" She raises an eyebrow, "Or do you want me to go and broker a deal them come back and discuss it." She pauses, "Didn't you just promise the medical supplies to Won'wetu? You going to renege on that?"

She frowns, thinking, "I'll need to go in by the main gate, more traffic there and less chance of being questioned too closely. Illegal trade usually goes through the lower caves, or the air ducts. Got a few loose credits to pay the toll? It's 5 credits per person."

"So is one of you going to come with me or am I doing this alone?" She looks at Jose, "You had better ditch the hardware if you're coming. Armour and rifles aren't tolerated and they'd possibly recognize you in that suit anyway."