New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Age of Sigmar: Points and Handbooks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Played against Stormcasts today. Why does everything do Mortal Wounds!?

Lord-Celestant (-2 To Hit Artefact)
    Lord-Celestant
    Lord-Relictor
    Lord-Relictor

Judicators (x5)
    Judicators (x5)

Retributors (x5)
    Retributors (x5)

Celestants give +1 To Hit, Sigmar allows stacking - 40K doesn't - which means that Retributors 'do the thing' on a 4+ (General allows other Hero to use Command Ability), and to top that off, Relictors can cast Bless Weapons on a 4+ (Priest, not Wizard), which means that on a '6' 4+, they can attack again. They do normal damage on a 2 or 3.

...And here's where I would re-roll my Saves...IF I HAD ANY!
    Haha yep, that's pretty brutal. It falls apart immediately if you can blast off the Characters, but for Dispossessed that's not exactly a simple thing. While it is compendium, Flame Cannon maybe? Or just allied artillery.

The big thing is that it's slow. Yeah Judis have range and the Heroes can do some MWs at a distance, but Relictors and Retributors are 4". Though on the other hand, Dorfs are slow... that's probably just a very hard matchup.

What Artifacts and Command Traits are you running?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    What Artifacts and Command Traits are you running?
    Grudge; rr1 To Hit against anything with a 4+ Save or better (i.e; Pretty much all SCEs).
    Command Trait; +1 Wound.
    Artefact; Ancestral Pickaxe on a Runelord, for tunnel with Thunderers and Rend -2.

I'm not too concerned though. Firestorm comes out tomorrow, and between one of the new Allegiances, I should be able to 'take whatever I want' regardless of how Allies is supposed to work in GH'17.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Can you use Firestorm allegiances in regular Matched Play tho? I thought it was only for the campaign.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Can you use Firestorm allegiances in regular Matched Play tho? I thought it was only for the campaign.
    For real? ...That's annoying.
    Ah well, I think our meta will be playing the campaign anyway, so it's fine in the short term, and I'm pretty sure after December GW goes back to AoS for a while.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Might be both. Seems kind of strange though - they're quite powerful overall, and stack on top of existing Allegiances (if I understand correctly), plus are only available in a box set.

...Actually that seems very much like a GW sort of thing to do. Time to ask the GTs what their rulings are.

But yeah a couple of them seem quite good for the Dorfs.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Might be both. Seems kind of strange though - they're quite powerful overall, and stack on top of existing Allegiances (if I understand correctly)
    Only the Main 4 though, right? Surely.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Only the Main 4 though, right? Surely.
    "Firestorm allegiance abilities act as an additional allegiance ability for your army on top of any others it may already have; a Hammerhal Darkling Covens army, for instance, would benefit from both the Hammerhal traits and the Darkling Covens traits."

Nope. Very strong.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, Firestorm Allegiances are allowed on top of your own, even in normal play outside the campaign. However, in order to have both, you have to be allowed both. So...That's probably not fair. Because all's you really need to do is play whatever you're playing anyway, then, if you pay 2 win buy the rules, you pick up free bonuses for nothing.

The Chaos, Destruction and Death Allegiances all make sense, because their Factions actually work with each other, doing what they're already doing. But, because Order has been so badly botched during development, they had to make seven Allegiances to fix it...

Hammerhal; Don't take Seraphon. That's it. Pick up the Allegiance ability you already had, then get Bravery/Battleshock bonuses for nothing.

Anvilgard Allegiances - Do the Melee!
    Stormcast Allegiance; Stormcasts can do anything. Do what you were already doing and then run into your oppoent.
    Free Peoples; Free Peoples don't need Allies. So take their Allegiance and don't care about anything else.
    Dispossessed; Your only Allies in Anvilgard are Stormcasts...That sucks.
    Darkling Covens; You get the guys you need, and your dudes are (relatively) cheap which means you can try and surround your opponents' units to make Implacable March actually happen.

Biggest losers are Dispossessed, not having any of their Allies allowed. Free Peoples don't need Allies, so they'll just keep doing what they're doing.

Tempest's Eye Allegiances - Move better.
    Stormcasts can do anything.
    Free Peoples; GH'17 super-buffed them and now they're amazing. You know the drill.
    Kharadons; They don't want - or even need - Allies. So if you play Kharadons, just make all your boats go faster for nothing.
    Dispossessed; Your only Allies in the Tempest's Eye (aside from Stormcasts, obviously) are Kharadrons, who are actually bad for you. Is it worth losing Ironweld and Fyreslayers for a bit of extra move on Turn 1? It looks tempting. But it's a trap.
    Swifthawks & Eldritch Council; GW forgot to make Highborn Aelves things, so it doesn't matter what you run. Just play <Order> which is your only choice anyway, then pick up extra Move on Aelves. Because that needs to be a thing.

Hallowheart Allegiances - Better Unbinding...Really? That's it.
    Stormcasts can do anything. "We need to buff everything in Order except Stormcasts and Seraphon. So let's not buff Seraphon, but put Stormcasts in everything!"
    Fyreslayers; Fyreslayers don't have <Wizards> so the buff really is kind of pointless for them.
    Free Peoples; You get to keep your Allegiance and pick up Wizards that get slightly better for no reason.
    Dispossessed; You got Fyreslayers this time 'round, tunnel forever. The Hallowheart buff doesn't affect you at all because you already have Runelords which have +2 to Unbind, even though they aren't <Wizards>. Don't see how allowing a non-Wizard to Unbind at -1 is helpful, when Dispos already have non-Wizards Unbinding at +2. Garbage.
    Eldritch, Draconis and Phoenix; Do whatever you were already doing under <Order> and take the slight buffs to your Wizards.

The Living City Allegiances - Pick any unit you want and SUA. Rad.
    Stormcasts.
    Free Peoples.
    Sylvaneth; You get to keep Stormcasts and Wanderers. Which is what you want.
    Wanderers; You get to keep Sylvaneth allies, which is what you want.
    Dispossessed; For a race that got kicked out of their home, they sure are everywhere, aren't they...And not for very good reasons.

Greywater Fastness Allegiances - <War Machines> occaisionally get to shoot more, but not enough that it matters.
    Stormcasts.
    <Free Peoples> and the Ironweld, and keep your Collegiate Arcane, too.
    Wanderers...Wait. WHAT!? That has to be a mistake. In the City that spams Artillery, you have Wanderers the fruity hippies who wish they were trees, but not the Dispossessed, the race that is actually teaching Humans how to Artillery? ...Has to be a mistake. I can...Dig...Dispossessed in the forest city. The Duardin scatter like ants to literally anywhere that will take them, and they do have Rangers and what-not. I can not understand Wanderers in a city that is basically all metal. To Facebook!

The Phoenicium Allegiance - Your units get better for a turn when another unit in your army dies.
    Stormcasts.
    Free Peoples.
    Dispossessed.
    Phoenix Temple.
    ...Stormcasts go with anything, and that's how they roll. This Allegiance makes no sense, and I have no idea how the Aelves managed to get Humans and Duardin to worship the Ur-Phoenix Godbeast when Sigmar is already a thing.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Had my second game of our Path to Glory Campaign on Friday.

This time Wino Bill, my purple Knight-Venator got captured by a group of cowardly chaos warriors after he got to drunk to run away.

Thus Lord Miyagi and his bad had to rescue the erstwhile Knight before he got sacrificed.

My Army added Fulminators over last week, and I faced off against a force of 20 chaos warriors and a manticore.

As you might have guessed from the intro, the mission was The Sacrifice!

The chaos warriors set up with 5 on each side of Bill, while the manticore sat behind them towards his corner. My liberators and Lord Celestant set up on one side of a building, with the Fulminators on the other side, and the prosecutors behind it.

My opponent got first turn, so shuffled his chaos warriors around to have two squads blocking me and two squads with Bill, while keeping the manticore in back. He rolled bad and only did 1 wound to Bill when doing his ritual.

I moved up with everyone. My Lord Celestant did 4 or 5 mortal wounds to the squad of warriors near him, while my Prosecutors and fulminators plinked away at the other squad. My Fulminators made their charge, along with one squad of liberators (hurray for re-roll charges from the mission!)

The Fulminators then deleted their squad of warriors (dat 3 damage on the charge... Every time I charged I got 2 through) while the liberators took out one or two chaos warriors. The chaos warriors only did one damage to my liberators, thus starting a theme.

He won the turn roll-off and went first. This time he did 3 damage during the ritual, leaving Bill with 1 wound. He decided to stop my Fulminators from getting to the warriors around Bill by sending his manticore at them. Which turned out to be a bad plan. He rolled bad and only did 2 damage (he got 2 ones when rolling to wound on his bite, which was on 2+ to wound). My Fulminators then did 7! damage back (then only save he managed to make here was the one to stop a d6 hit from the dracoths). The Liberators took a wound off the manticore and continued fighting the chaos warriors.

On my turn I started shooting up the warriors around Bill, while trying to get my second squad of liberators around the combat between the first squad and the chaos warriors. I foolishly shot with my fulminators last, since they rolled low and only got one hit on the manticore, leaving it at two wounds. If I had shoot with them first, I could have finished it off with my other shooting and let them charge again. Even so, they cleaned it up tidily while my liberators also managed to finish off the chaos warriors, still having only suffered the one wound (they may have actually done that on his turn, but were still stuck in combat with the manticore... I cannot quite remember).

Then, I managed to win the roll off for turn 3, giving me a chance to act before Bill got fully sacrificed. The fulminators and both squads of liberators were able to charge and get stuck in with his two squads of chaos warriors, which were down to 3 or 4 guys each from shooting. Having charged, the fulminators wiped out their target quite handily. The chaos warriors wiffed badly and did nothing to my liberators (I may not even of had to make any saves, he rolled so bad) My liberators then piled on, with the first squad taking out 2 of the 3 remaining warriors. Then my next squad attacked, and got 2 grandhammer hits and 5 normal hits. So he rolled the normal ones first... and make them all! Then he rolled for the grandhammer saves.... and made one! But one was not enough and he got squashed.

Victory for Miyagi's Celestial Hammers!

Lessons Learned:
    Fulminators are awesome. Lots of reliable attacks, do huge amounts of damage on the charge, and if you charge them then they get to lightning you right away. By far the MVP of this game with their damage and speed.

Not sure what my opponent could have done better... Possibly keeping his guys more clustered around the center of the map, so I could not charge as easily with my liberators. Though then I might have just gotten both squads in turn 2. Hmmm. Also, his rolling was hilariously bad, so that is something to consider.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Should have everything painted to run an Aetherstrike list at a GT this weekend. Otherwise have to fall back on Skyborne.

I'm not sure how much I like Aetherstrike honestly. It's a bit all in on just the big unit of Longstrikes, but on the other hand they're relatively easy to keep safe and many armies just can't deal with the shooting. There are some serious hard counters tho from what I can see.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

So I went to an old "friendly local gaming store" type shop I used to go to to try finding some of those "easy/quick to assemble" models... and ended up with the shop clerk trying to spin some weird upsale about those supposedly no longer being made nor sold.
    Now, unless I'm missing something, those models are actually still plenty commonly sold, aye?
    Plus he seemed to to think I'd believe the only ones that do exist are 35$ or more.

Like... dude, I did do at least a little research before coming to this shop(though admittedly, the shop was a lot different than it was when I last visited... two or three years ago. New owners?), plus I was looking to spend at most 20$, counting taxes, and only wanted to try out the minimal/no glue ones.

Basically... just wanted to vent a little.
    Given the shop seems to not be very good for buying this stuff any more(used to have a much bigger stock than "one bookshelf worth of boxes of warhammer figurines")... should I turn to online resources? Or look around a bit more to see if there are any places with better stocks and/or less sleazy shop clerks locally? I am pretty close to Seattle, so it seems likely there's some bigger places.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

12. - Top - End - #342
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So I went to an old "friendly local gaming store" type shop I used to go to to try finding some of those "easy/quick to assemble" models... and ended up with the shop clerk trying to spin some weird upsale about those supposedly no longer being made nor sold.
    Now, unless I'm missing something, those models are actually still plenty commonly sold, aye?
    Plus he seemed to to think I'd believe the only ones that do exist are 35$ or more.

Like... dude, I did do at least a little research before coming to this shop(though admittedly, the shop was a lot different than it was when I last visited... two or three years ago. New owners?), plus I was looking to spend at most 20$, counting taxes, and only wanted to try out the minimal/no glue ones.

Basically... just wanted to vent a little.
    Given the shop seems to not be very good for buying this stuff any more(used to have a much bigger stock than "one bookshelf worth of boxes of warhammer figurines")... should I turn to online resources? Or look around a bit more to see if there are any places with better stocks and/or less sleazy shop clerks locally? I am pretty close to Seattle, so it seems likely there's some bigger places.
    As a LGS owner ('friendly' is something for the customer to decide) I can probably help you a bit:

- If you've 'done your research', showing a link to the product on GW's website would help alleviate any and all confusions about which products you are after; they just enter the code on their POS and done.

- Right now there are 'easy to build' Primaris and Death Guard, as well as a few AoS kits; they surely aren't 35$, but its not like there is a ton of options. The minis in First Strike / Know No Fear are also 'easy to build', so he was maybe thinking about those. (First Strike is around that price point).

- Carrying a lot of SKUs for a range as large as Warhammer 40000 is a pretty poor investment. Each individual SKU has a very low demand ceiling, and could end up collecting dust for weeks or months; its much more efficient to set up an order-on-demand system so your money doesn't get tied up, and you can get the customer what they want / need in a reasonable time. The reduced overhead / depreciation from avoiding inventory bloat should allow you to either lower your prices, or have a leeway for community stuff: paint workshops, demos, etc.

All in all, seems like there was a disconnect between what you wanted / expected, and what the store offers; thats fine, but assuming they are 'sleazy' is probably taking it a bit too far.

Good luck in your future endeavors in the hobby =D

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    As a LGS owner ('friendly' is something for the customer to decide) I can probably help you a bit:
    - Carrying a lot of SKUs for a range as large as Warhammer 40000 is a pretty poor investment. Each individual SKU has a very low demand ceiling, and could end up collecting dust for weeks or months; its much more efficient to set up an order-on-demand system so your money doesn't get tied up, and you can get the customer what they want / need in a reasonable time. The reduced overhead / depreciation from avoiding inventory bloat should allow you to either lower your prices, or have a leeway for community stuff: paint workshops, demos, etc.
    Speaking as a customer, I will be far more likely to buy something if I can just pick it up off the shelf while my latest crazy plan is still seeming like a great idea, though I completely understand where you're coming from with regards to having product sitting around costing you money by not moving.

If you do want to be able to simply pick up a box of [x], then try your local GW, though many people don't like that option 'cause there's no discount (and especially from 'muricans I hear quite a few horror stories re:sales d-bags, though I've only ever encountered 1 of those guys here in Oz). Alternatively, another FLGS might have a better selection of stuff to browse?

Even beyond that, I'd be looking at the tables available to play on and what the community is like to base my call on where I purchase my hobby stuff from (unless you're not planning on playing at a store and just want to play at home, in which case, online is probably your best bet).

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I am joining a new Path to Glory campaign using the new rules. We will also be using the new alligence abilities, despite not being matched play, just to try them out.

My starting army will be a doombull, and 2 units of 3 bullgors. I will have to use the chaos grand aliegence abilities. I don't think my command trait will matter as I will be using the doombull's +1 to wound rolls every turn. I will be taking the demon weapon artifact because a mortal wound PLUS bloodgreed on a 5 or 6 is too good to pass up. Imagining getting the herdstone weapon commander upgrade after that is too sweet to imagine. Rend -2, 4 Damage, mortal wounds and bloodgreed? Yes please.

Also since it is techically narative play, we won't be using rule of 1, but to curb the tzeench player we will limit summoning to 200 points, so I may be taking a great Bray Shaman and later a Ghorgon if I can spare the glory
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2017-10-05 at 04:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

For a bit of context on the models issue...
    These were what he claimed were a: unobtainable, and b: 35$.
    Even though they're quite clearly available and only 10$ on the Games Workshop website.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hmmm, I have been informed that command traits are separate from command abilities and do not have to be activated in lieu of your command ability.

This means that if I take the +1 to wound rolls trait, I wound on 1s and trigger bloodgreed and the demon weapon on 4+. This is a good day.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Had another game of our Path to Glory campaign today.

It was the four alters mission, my stormcast against seraphon with three monsters, skinks, and an astrolith bearer.

Highlights:
    He found an interesting combo with the new serephon allegiance ability and the stegadon ability to give itself an extra move; he teleported next to my Knight-Venator and got a charge with the stegadon. It popped off 4 wounds with the horns, but then I made 5 3+ saves vs the stomps to leave my guy with 1 wound. Unfortunately for the dino, he got just barely within pile-in range of my fulminators, who took off half his wounds, and then lightning him to death on my turn.

The bastilidon was annoyingly tanky, taking no wounds from a round of shooting from my Judicators that I just added and my javalin prosecutors. And it took out 4 liberators with one attack...

He ended up winning because I focused too much on marching at him, and left one of the two objectives on my side open. He then teleported his astrolith bearer onto it, which combined with stuff sitting on his two objectives gave him the win.

Lessons:
    It is important to play to the mission. If I had my judicators make use of their range and walk over to the objective, I would have been able to continue fighting, rather than being beat suddenly.

Liberators are so slow! Especially since I kept on rolling 1 on my run rolls. But in general it seems to take them forever to get across any sort of distance if the enemy is not coming to them.

I am really leaning more and more towards the skyborne slayers as the core of my army for regular games after this. Battleshock and speed are such weaknesses of liberators, and speed will be an even bigger problem for paladins, so paying to strengthen them seems worthwhile since they do do nice damage.

Fulminators are still awesome.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Went 4-1 at a local GT with Skyborne Slayers. Tzeentch is a super hard matchup if you can't instagib the Gaunt Summoner and LoC - just too many MWs for an elite army like SCE. Other games were really fun!

Will probably play less Skyborne in the future though. Very Alpha Strike heavy (obviously) and makes for a lot of non-games depending on how the double turn goes. Hoping to play something more tactical in the future.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So I was going to get Shadespire, unfortunately, they're going to use the X-Wing business model. One of the reasons I quit X-Wing was because of the business model.

1. Shadespire is a deck-constructing game.
    2. The starter box contains one expansion deck, not two. So you can't split it with a friend...At least, not well.
    3. Warband boxes are going to contain their Warband cards, but, they'll also contain universal cards, that are used for every Warband, and they're going to be different.

What this means, is that if Shadespire takes off (and I sincerely hope it doesn't), is that in order to buy cards, you have to buy models you don't want. So, if you're playing Stormcasts ('cause they have a lady in the 'band), guess what? You have to buy the Undead Warband as well, even though you don't want the models, you just want the cards.

I quit X-Wing during Wave 4. As I realised that I would have to buy everything in order to get the list I wanted. Because business...And that's how Shadespire is going to be.
    ...Yay?
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Had my 4th game of our Path to Glory on Wednesday.

It was the beasts lair, my Stormcasts vs. A bunch of Khorne dudes.

Highlights:
    I got control of the carnasaur the first two turns, and managed to have it eat one of his cavalry.

Paladins are soooo slow.

Fulminators continue to be very nice. And I finally got the other one painted on Thursday.

The Knight-Venator gets sad when trying to shoot someone who keeps on making armor saves.

I ended up winning with my Prosecutors sitting on the lair for a turn and my paladins punking his Khorgorath which was the only thing that was close enough to contest after I shot his cavalry off the board. It took the paladins 4 turns, 3 running, and a charge to get to the center of the map.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So I was going to get Shadespire, unfortunately, they're going to use the X-Wing business model. One of the reasons I quit X-Wing was because of the business model.

1. Shadespire is a deck-constructing game.
    2. The starter box contains one expansion deck, not two. So you can't split it with a friend...At least, not well.
    3. Warband boxes are going to contain their Warband cards, but, they'll also contain universal cards, that are used for every Warband, and they're going to be different.

What this means, is that if Shadespire takes off (and I sincerely hope it doesn't), is that in order to buy cards, you have to buy models you don't want. So, if you're playing Stormcasts ('cause they have a lady in the 'band), guess what? You have to buy the Undead Warband as well, even though you don't want the models, you just want the cards.

I quit X-Wing during Wave 4. As I realised that I would have to buy everything in order to get the list I wanted. Because business...And that's how Shadespire is going to be.
    ...Yay?
    Well, it's unconfirmed if the cards will ever be available outside of the expansion boxes, but probably not and I see where you're coming from.

On the other hand, I'm super excited for it because I'm planning on getting all the Warbands for the models anyway so it's sort of a non-issue for me.

I see why it's off-putting but I really do hope there's a decent community for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaktan View Post
    Had my 4th game of our Path to Glory on Wednesday.

It was the beasts lair, my Stormcasts vs. A bunch of Khorne dudes.

Highlights:
    I got control of the carnasaur the first two turns, and managed to have it eat one of his cavalry.

Paladins are soooo slow.

Fulminators continue to be very nice. And I finally got the other one painted on Thursday.

The Knight-Venator gets sad when trying to shoot someone who keeps on making armor saves.

I ended up winning with my Prosecutors sitting on the lair for a turn and my paladins punking his Khorgorath which was the only thing that was close enough to contest after I shot his cavalry off the board. It took the paladins 4 turns, 3 running, and a charge to get to the center of the map.
    Venators squeal with glee when there's a 5+ or worse character on the table, since it's basically a guaranteed kill for a Star Fated Arrow.

A 4+ or 3+ Character just makes them sad

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Had my first match. Vs Stormcast Eternals. I lost, but not by a lot. I killed his hammer brothers in my first charge, but then it was a was blow for blow at the end. Automatically doing 2d3 mortal wounds was not fun, he came out on top, but my last Bullgor held out as best he could. I spent my 1 glory point from loss to add a third unit of bullgors to my army. The rest I think I'll spend on commander upgrades, since We're doing 5 weeks, and most glory at the end wins.

my next match is against beastclaw raiders. I hope I do better, it's the only army in the campaign with 1 less unit than me at this point, but half damage will not be good.

I had a practice game against Orruks that turned out a lot better. I have to remember to use damned terrain more often. 8 damage to the boss on a wyvryn, obliterating the boar chariot. Hitting on 2s, wounding on 1s, bloodgreed and a mortal wound on a 4+
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2017-10-16 at 11:59 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Gonna pick up Shadespire tonight and potentially have a 1000 point tournament tomorrow if I can get my Stardrake tabletop ready tonight. Gonna be close!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Had another game of our Path to Glory Campaign.

This week was The Vendetta. Wino Bill (My knight-venator) had a spat with his old girlfriend who is now a Keeper of Secrets. So she was coming to beat him up.

My opponent had a Keeper of Secrets with lots of rolled buffs, one squad of deamonetts, one squad of seekers, and a herald type thing. Vs. my vast army of Stormcasts.

With his much smaller army he got first turn and charged in to beat up my front line. The keeper of secrets managed to take out a squad of liberators and my baby carnasaur, taking only 2 wounds in the process (it might have taken more if I had remembered the liberators buff vs. big stuff so that they could hit on 5's instead of 6's from all its abilities). The deamonetts were less successful, killing only 1 liberator and losing half the squad to retaliation. The seekers were super fast and got at my prosecutors, but foolishly pulled my protectors in and got wiped out.

Then on my turn I punked the Keeper of Secrets with a Successful Arrow of Fate from Bill, a tossed hammer from my Lord, and Some lightning from my Fulminators.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ended up coming first in a 4 round 1000 point tournament over the weekend.

Stardrake - Mirrorshield, Staunch Defenders
    Relictor - Lightning Chariot

Liberators
    Liberators
    Judicators

Turns out that at the 1000 level there's not a whole lot that can stop the Stardrake, especially since there were no Tzeentch players and no Beastclaw Thundertusks to bop him with MWs.

I did run up against a dude running double 30 man Bloodletter units that scared me quite a bit, buffed up to get 3 attacks each and a +1 to hit for a potentially scary amount of MWs, but I managed to thin them out a bit and hit from an angle that only a couple got to attack (plus the Stardrake eating nearby models makes his pile ins less scary).

The final round was pretty insane. Played against a Phoenix Temple player with two Frost Phoenixes and a bunch of the Infantry. On Duality of Death, where he went first and parked his two 4+ Ward Save Behemoths on the objectives. Ooof.

He held both for three turns, and got both my Heroes down to a single wound, and then I killed both of his Heroes on bottom of 3 with my Heroes, taking them, and scoring 3 rounds in a row, bringing us to a tie game, and since he failed to kill the Stardrake (2+ rerolling dealing MWs on successful rerolls is pretty good, turns out), I won on Kill Points.

Maybe taking a Stardrake to a 1000 point event makes me a bad person, but it sure was fun.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

My game against beastclaw raiders did not go well. I didn"t attack once before he killed my doombull with six automatic mortal wounds in shooting. Plus 6 from his other shooting. He just steamrolled through thr rest of my bullgors after that. Beastclaw are broken as hell.

6 mortal wounds on.a 2+. It's a load of bull and I shoild know. I play warherd
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2017-10-24 at 12:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    My game against beastclaw raiders did not go well. I didn"t attack once before he killed my doombull with six automatic mortal wounds in shooting. Plus 6 from his other shooting. He just steamrolled through thr rest of my bullgors after that. Beastclaw are broken as hell.

6 mortal wounds on.a 2+. It's a load of bull and I shoild know. I play warherd
    Yeah Thundertusks are not nice. It's relatively balanced in a competitive setting where people expect it and likely have built their lists around it, but in a pickup or casual game it's just plain mean. The point increase they got was a good start but still a very silly ability.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

The worst part is that I might have stood a chance week 1, but this tine there were 2 of them. I was steamrolled

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Path to Glory Update: I am in an 8 way tie for 3rd place. My warherd trampled orcs and slaugtered skaven (at one point I got a +7 bonus to my charge rolls, it was unreal)

The last round is this monday, and I am up against Nurgle Slaves to Darkness. May the bloodgreed be ravenous! (Best case the stormcast player loses and I get 3 glory points and I tie for 1st)

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Also finally have something to update.

Got to test out my Aetherstrike last night against Khorne with Council of Blood. Turns out, when 9 Longstrikes get to have 5 extra rounds of shooting and Judicators get a couple themselves, even when you roll poorly it's still freaking insane. Still concerned about how it'll hold up to some more top-tier armies, but I feel a bit more confident about the whole thing.

Also got to play Shadespire with a custom deck. Was very close, came down to one model from each of us, but mine was Obyron Inspired with Last Man Standing, meaning he rolls 3 Defensive Dice and 3 Offensive Dice, so I managed to kill Ironskull before he cut me down. Tied on Glory but won since I tabled him! I'm really liking a more aggressive style Stormcast deck, you just get to brawl and when any of them get some upgrades on, they can really chew through bad guys. Hoping to play with Skellies or Khorne soon too.