New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Hearthstone 19: Patches In All The Wrong Places

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Running Send in the Finishers, plus the new Murloc, can go a long way towards completing this quest.
    Dang, that's a good catch. That may be why they set the threshold at 10 in the first place.

Huh. Does getting your minion pulled by an enemy Dirty Rat count as a summon? Similar question for Deathlord, Finja, Madam Goya, Y'Shaarj.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

If it is internally consistent with knife juggler it should as that triggers when those effects happen I believe. If you really want to check try knight of the wild as I think that has the closest trigger (off field, specific type and summon).

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Dang, that's a good catch. That may be why they set the threshold at 10 in the first place.

Huh. Does getting your minion pulled by an enemy Dirty Rat count as a summon? Similar question for Deathlord, Finja, Madam Goya, Y'Shaarj.
    Anytime a minion enters play on your side of the board, for any reason, that's a "Summon". So, assuming hearthstone is consistent (lol), Dirty Rat, Deathlord, Finja, Goya, Y'Shaarj, Barnes, ect should all count towards the total.

Full-Value Dust happens whenever a card is changed in a way that is NOT 100% a buff (like, say, making a 3 mana card cost 2 mana), but Blizzard doesn't seem to ever Buff cards, just nerf broken ones. It's Blizzard's way of saying sorry.

The Hall-of-Fame cards, because Blizzard is breaking it's promise to keep all the Classic cards in standard, gets a superior version of that. You just get the full dust value of the card, no need to disenchant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Yes to all. Summon=put on field, whereas Play=paid mana to bring card from hand onto field on your turn.

10 is actually pretty easy, I think. Quest turn 1, 2/1+1/1 turn 2, warleader on 3 maybe, finishers on 4, Finja on 5, finish quest on 6.

That's an ideal draw, of course, and may not be the best set of cards to have in a deck, so one would more realistically peg the quest at turns 8-9 depending heavily on whether you draw the finishers card.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

I wonder, how likely are they to keep Reno Jackson for another year as a replacement for Sylvanas?

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    I wonder, how likely are they to keep Reno Jackson for another year as a replacement for Sylvanas?
    Reno is rotating out with the rest of LoE. There is no indication of any non-classic cards "Entering" Standard.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #367
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    No, this was a request from some people on Reddit, but was never implemented. There was a balance change around the rotation last time, so things like Ancient of Lores were dustable for the full value, but not things like Dr. Boom.

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/g...chedule-guide/
    Yeah, that sounds like as pure a "please do something you'll never, ever do" request as I could imagine. Blizzard wants people to spend on new cards. Blizzard very much does not want a bunch of people simply turning each the-expansion-that-just-left-standard collection into an already-developed the-new-expansion collection whenever a new expansion comes out, without giving them a dime.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly expected an elemental related quest for shaman.
    Though, had they told me there is a murloc quest-I'd instantly call shaman. paladin murlocs never struck me as making sense...

Midrange murloc doesn't strike me as a thing likely to happen, and despite how big the effect is for aggro decks to get a full refill of the hand (even murlocs. in fact, considering you are likely to "load" 8-10 cards, murlocs being cheap dudes with some synergy its probably good.), giving up turn one for aggro seems...iffy.

The discover murloc is likewise odd...
    It's a bit like the mech gorrila thing, but on a tribe not as strong as GvG era mechs, and n a body not quite as acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Reno is rotating out with the rest of LoE. There is no indication of any non-classic cards "Entering" Standard.
    For some reason I thought they had said something about bringing things in to replace the Hall of Fame cards.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

For some reason I thought they had said something about bringing things in to replace the Hall of Fame cards.
    There was some clamor to keep Reno in standard, because he basically single-highhandedly makes an entire archetype of deck (The Singleton deck) Viable, and is generally considered a popular, card that is powerful without being oppressive. Especially since MsOG introduced some more Singleton cards like Kazakus (none of which are good enough to make singleton decks viable without Reno however). But, Blizzard never said anything about bringing Reno to standard.
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #371
    Colossus in the Playground

They want people to depend on as-new-as-possible cards. In the unlikely event that they bring in something explicitly meant to replace a card they made Wild because having it available in Standard did things to the meta they didn't like, it'll be a new card. Quite possibly a better version of an existing card (Shifting Shade's replacement), but not a literal extension for an existing one.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

And we get to see...the health, attack, and cost of the Paladin Quest reward. Yes. I wish I was joking. Seems like they're going to reveal that one card bit by bit over the course of the series, while at the same time revealing multiple other cards in the space of a day. What is this even.
    Apparently they messed up the Japanese version of the video and revealed a bit too much in that. Supposedly Galvadon's ability is
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adapt 5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

13. - Top - End - #373
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Apparently they messed up the Japanese version of the video and revealed a bit too much in that. Supposedly Galvadon's ability is
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adapt 5 times
    So you tech Nozdormu against Quest Paladin?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

I think there was some speculation about moving cards into Classic to replace the Hall of Fame (so something like Shatter could replace Ice Lance).

As of now, I don't think we've seen any official word outside of maybe them thinking about it.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Still, 5 adapts on a 5/5 for 5 is pretty... bad?

I mean the quest must be fairly easy, because the thing you get at the end is really not as strong as the others we've been shown. I mean yes a cool pile of stats, but Charge is not one of the options, so it's just a pile of stats.

Although... "Stealth for a turn" is one of the options right? Stealth Windfury Attack attack attack *is* gamewinning
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-03-21 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

16. - Top - End - #376
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post

I mean the quest must be fairly easy, because the thing you get at the end is really not as strong as the others we've been shown. I mean yes a cool pile of stats, but Charge is not one of the options, so it's just a pile of stats.

Although... "Stealth for a turn" is one of the options right? Stealth Windfury Attack attack attack *is* gamewinning
    It's probably coded like Kazakus where you can't get the same effect twice. So you could get Stealth Windfury Attack, but then your last two options are something else. Probably +1/+1 and...I dunno, Divine Shield?

17. - Top - End - #377
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    It's probably coded like Kazakus where you can't get the same effect twice. So you could get Stealth Windfury Attack, but then your last two options are something else. Probably +1/+1 and...I dunno, Divine Shield?
    I'd probably go Stealth / Windfury / Attack / Can't be Targeted / Divine Shield, frankly. You're still at 8 power on a creature that's SUPER hard to remove, so I'm not sure the extra +1/+1 saves you as much as immunity to spells, immunity to damage, AND a turn where NEITHER of those defenses has to be blown.

That's ideally, of course. In practice you probably won't be that lucky.

Actually, update on Adapt from the Hearthstone wiki:

Multiple Adapts from the same minion, such as through Brann Bronzebeard, are processed separately and have a chance to produce the same options, regardless of the player's previous choice. [source]

...which I feel makes the card actually much worse, since you can't double-dip on at least 6 of the ten (or 7, if you can't stack the Deathrattle).
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2017-03-21 at 05:07 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    Honestly expected an elemental related quest for shaman.
    Though, had they told me there is a murloc quest-I'd instantly call shaman. paladin murlocs never struck me as making sense...

Midrange murloc doesn't strike me as a thing likely to happen, and despite how big the effect is for aggro decks to get a full refill of the hand (even murlocs. in fact, considering you are likely to "load" 8-10 cards, murlocs being cheap dudes with some synergy its probably good.), giving up turn one for aggro seems...iffy.

The discover murloc is likewise odd...
    It's a bit like the mech gorrila thing, but on a tribe not as strong as GvG era mechs, and n a body not quite as acceptable.
    Midrange Murloc probably could have worked, but this is coming an expansion too late. The main card that makes Murloc Shaman a thing is Everyfin, and that card is rotating out. It turns Finishers from a really good card into a really crappy one.

Unless they bring in some other form of "lots of Murlocs powerturn", I just don't see how it'll work.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

I am disappointed that the Shaman quest is Murlocs instead of Elementals or Overload related, I have to say. Though I guess I should be thankful that they're not giving the Murloc quest to Warlock, the one class that has, historically, actually pulled off Murlocs. (Not counting Anyfin Paladin since that was a combo deck using only a select few Murlocs for its combo, not a full-blown Murloc deck.)
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #380

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    So, I choose +3 Attack, +3 Health, Taunt, Divine Shield, and Windfury with my options.

Is 5 mana for an 8/8 Taunt DS Windfury worthwhile? Or a 6/12 Taunt Divine Shield? Or an 11/5 Stealth Windfury Liquid Membrane?

Remember, you've got an 84% chance or so to get any specific ability from the 5 adapts. If you're aiming to build a finisher, or a wall, or a value dude... Kaleidosaur can be built that way most of the time, and each individual Adapt has a 70% chance of having at least one stat-buffing ability to select. I believe it's more flexible and consistently powerful than you'd expect just looking at it off-cuff, just because we've never seen just how much impact a single Adapt has yet.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

If you go for raw stats, then your chances of a 10/10 for 5 OR BETTER are actually pretty good. 11/14, 12/12, 14/11, or 11/11 with an ability are possible. You could also, in ideal circumstances, assemble an 8/11 Taunt Shroud. I'm waiting on the quest details to pass judgement, but this thing is going to make an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

22. - Top - End - #382

Finally got my first 7+ arena win streak! I feel both happy, and rather disappointed at the fact that all that was in there was a golden common, a regular common, and the guaranteed gold + pack.

In other news, now that I know that bad legendaries never go up in value, are any of the following worth keeping around for Tavern Brawl, Heroic Adventure, or deckbuilding purposes?

Spoiler: Cards
    Show
    Malkorok
    Nat, the Darkfisher
    Moroes
    Illidan Stormrage
    The Beast
    Rend Blackhand
    Chromaggus
    Medivh, the Guardian
    Majordomo Execut us
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    If you go for raw stats, then your chances of a 10/10 for 5 OR BETTER are actually pretty good. 11/14, 12/12, 14/11, or 11/11 with an ability are possible. You could also, in ideal circumstances, assemble an 8/11 Taunt Shroud. I'm waiting on the quest details to pass judgement, but this thing is going to make an impact.
    I think the 8/11 taunt shroud is particularly good as an option. That is going to be very hard to remove (You can Twisting Nether and uh...Vanish it I guess?). You could also do something like 8+ power windfury shroud or the windfury stealth one as mentioned, since that's basically an uncounterable 20+ damage finisher (ideally, you have cards in hand to handle any taunt they play also).

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    Finally got my first 7+ arena win streak! I feel both happy, and rather disappointed at the fact that all that was in there was a golden common, a regular common, and the guaranteed gold + pack.

In other news, now that I know that bad legendaries never go up in value, are any of the following worth keeping around for Tavern Brawl, Heroic Adventure, or deckbuilding purposes?

Spoiler: Cards
    Show
    Malkorok
    Nat, the Darkfisher
    Moroes
    Illidan Stormrage
    The Beast
    Rend Blackhand
    Chromaggus
    Medivh, the Guardian
    Majordomo Execut us
    Congrats. The nice thing about 7 arena wins is that all the other stuff is "free" since you get the gold back. It gets really nice around 10+ where you start seeing nice gold cards or enough gold for several runs (though I swear, I always follow my double digit runs up with, like a 3 win deck, so sad).

I don't recommend disenchanting any of the legendaries, personally. I think it's better to build up a collection. Any of those could potentially be useful at various times in wild. If you don't care about wild at all and you never will ever (and you're sure), then I guess d/e all the ones that are rotating into wild.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't had a good arena run in a while. I'm trying to get back into it. I do at least almost always go 4-5 wins, so it's more or less like buying a pack, but it's been a while since my last 9 or 10. Course, I've also been playing a lot less...
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Got my 500th shaman win! I'm floating around rank 3 this season (briefly hit 2, then dropped down again). I'm wondering if I should try to make my first run for legend, but it takes sooo much time, even already being close.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Hearthpwn has revealed their card, the non-quest Shaman legendary for the set.

Spoiler
    Show
    Seems decent. Needs a trigger the turn beforehand, but it's got some nice flexible effects. You can fill the board, clear some of your opponent's, or gain some life. Fire seems to be the weak one here, but a little extra burst isn't awful. Stats are bad for the cost, but I think the versatility of the effects will make it worth running.

RE: The murloc stuff, yeah, with Everyfin gone, I can't see it getting used outside of gimmick decks. Especially since it takes your turn 1 to play the quest, so you can't drop Tidehunter or something to get the train rolling. And the discover murloc has poor stats for cost.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

27. - Top - End - #387

Re: Shaman legendary:

It's one of the better toolbox cards I've seen so far. All four modes are relevant when you can play him, and he can swing games dramatically. Especially the mini-Flamestrike and Greater Healing Potion modes. I guess the question is just whether the other elementals measure up enough to warrant slots over jade cards and Thing From Below synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I don't recommend disenchanting any of the legendaries, personally. I think it's better to build up a collection. Any of those could potentially be useful at various times in wild. If you don't care about wild at all and you never will ever (and you're sure), then I guess d/e all the ones that are rotating into wild.
    ...Nat the Darkfisher is a 2/4 for 2 that draws your opponent cards inconsistently, and The Beast is a Boulderfist Giant with a bit more attack for an opponent-bettering Deathrattle. Rend Blackhand is a worse Big Game Hunter that can only be run in one specific deck that really doesn't want or need him. The one use people have found for Majordomo Executus is gifting him to Kel'Thuzad in Curse of Naxxramus to one-shot the boss due to Ragnaros's tiny amount of health.

How... what possible use would cards like those ever find in Wild?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I guess Moroes could find some weird Adventure synergy by gifting him to an AI hero that only ever attacks face, then filling their board with 1/1s. Even then I'm highly dubious.

I'd dust all but Medivh (who is quite decent in Control decks and is in Standard) and Malkorok (a good card that just isn't run because Midrange Warrior isn't a thing at the moment). Chromaggus is arguable as a niche dragon, but I don't really see it to be honest.

The rest are just pure trash.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Shaman legendary looks ok. Curves neatly after Stone Sentinel and all four effects are useful in different contexts. By turn 8 you should have a pretty good read on the matchup and pick accordingly. Also it's an 8-drop Elemental at the same time Ragnaros gets booted to Wild. Probably not a coincidence.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Hearthpwn has revealed their card, the non-quest Shaman legendary for the set.

Spoiler
    Show
    Seems decent. Needs a trigger the turn beforehand, but it's got some nice flexible effects. You can fill the board, clear some of your opponent's, or gain some life. Fire seems to be the weak one here, but a little extra burst isn't awful. Stats are bad for the cost, but I think the versatility of the effects will make it worth running.

RE: The murloc stuff, yeah, with Everyfin gone, I can't see it getting used outside of gimmick decks. Especially since it takes your turn 1 to play the quest, so you can't drop Tidehunter or something to get the train rolling. And the discover murloc has poor stats for cost.
    Hm, assuming you get to choose between all four Invocations, that's pretty good indeed. Dropping him onto a empty board? Turn him into slightly smaller Onyxia with the Earth Invocation. Need to catch up? He's got board wipe with Air. Need to stabilize against aggro? Water for the biggest non-Reno heal you could reasonably ask for. Fire is definitely the weak one of the bunch - face damage is only going to be preferred over the others if it's lethal, but Shaman has so many other sources of burst that it seems a bit redundant to have that be one of the options. Still, the other three are all strong and provide a lot of flexibility, and Fire is technically just that little bit of extra flexibility on top of three good choices. Most likely Air and Earth will be the most-used options, though.

But yeah, the main question is whether it fits into a deck when Jade is a thing. And well, the answer might be that it goes into Jade decks, actually - there's just few enough Jade cards that you could mix it with another set of synergistic cards if there were a similar amount of them and still have room for a few class staples. If we get, say, two independently good Elementals (one of which could be Fire Elemental, or maaaaybe even Unbound Elemental?), plus the 7-drop from earlier, plus this guy, that might do it. Jade package plus Elemental package plus a few Shaman must-haves like Hex, Storm, etc could be a solid midrange-to-control deck.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis