New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Hearthstone 19: Patches In All The Wrong Places

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So, this week's Brawl is 'Who Gets First Turn and Crafted Patches'.
    ...I got my win with Renounce.

I never even considered Patches...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So, this week's Brawl is 'Who Gets First Turn and Crafted Patches'.
    Ice Block can counter if the opponent doesn't luck into Flare, but it's an extremely slow grind.

Maelstrom Portal works a little faster, but relies on the 1-drops and other cards you get to actually win before turn 7 (where the Hunter kills you with Steady Shot attrition).

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

The tavern brawl is pretty good for finishing quests though not that great in general. Thankfully I only saw a single patches deck the time I have played of it.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I've seen Patches Warrior,Timber Wolf Hunter, Jade (Blossom/Idol) Druid, Soulfire Warlock, and Mind Blast Priest.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Feels pretty poor overall. While I'm sure there's a meta for it, it doesn't seem anywhere near as interesting as the "Pick 2" Brawl. One card doesn't leave a lot of room for strategies.

One win and done for me. First couple matches were against Patches decks, then I ran into a Druid who only played one Savage Roar the whole game. I'm not sure if that's what he picked (for some reason) or if he picked a high mana cost card that he died before getting to.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

They're nerfing the Rogue Quest:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hear...ic/20757246514

Instead of 4 bounces, you'll need 5. As someone who owns both a regular and golden Rogue quest, I'm pleased.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Thank God.

Quest Rogue utterly crushing all forms of Priest (outside of maybe Silence Priest) is what has kept me out of ranked this expansion. It's so frustrating to run into a deck where you have an almost 100% loss rate. An extra bounce required could make all the difference in the world, as well as just reducing the number of Quest Rogues in general.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

RIP Quest Rogue. The Blizz tradition of deck-killing nerfs seems to continue. I don't see any way that the deck survives, but at least I'll be able to get free Legendary dust.

I say this mostly because the difference between four plays and five plays is huge. With four plays, you can play a minion twice (achievable by having enough pairs of duplicate minions and Mimic Pod) and then bounce twice. Now, you need to draw into three of your bounces, so the deck becomes even more RNG-dependent.

You also lose Igneous Elemental + two Fireflies, or Igneous + Firefly + Bounce.

I guess maybe it isn't the end of the world, but wow that's a severe nerf, and to a deck that already had a lot of bad matchups.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

beat one person using Soulfire. Heheheheheh. and another using nothing but Murloc Tidecaller. in todays brawl. this is fun. lets try nothing but Ravaging Ghoul!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    beat one person using Soulfire. Heheheheheh. and another using nothing but Murloc Tidecaller. in todays brawl. this is fun. lets try nothing but Ravaging Ghoul!
    That...might actually work. With Priest/Warrior, that lets you heal past the damage that 21 Patcheses are able to do to your face (they drop first Patches T1, 7 face damage, you drop Ghoul T2, T2 they kill the Patcheses off and hit you with 7 more, you drop Ghoul T3, T3 they kill the Patcheses off and hit you with 7 more, you drop Ghoul T4 and heal/armor, T4 they have no Patcheses left and soon start to fatigue).

EDIT wait I was thinking of the wrong card, the 1/3 taunterino.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2017-06-28 at 04:37 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

well I did win the SECOND match I had using ravaging ghoul against a hunter, but not against patches yet....the hunter WAS using 1/1 charge boars though.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

3-1 right now. Wins were with Brave Archer and Jade Idol. Loss was to Patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Thank God.

Quest Rogue utterly crushing all forms of Priest (outside of maybe Silence Priest) is what has kept me out of ranked this expansion. It's so frustrating to run into a deck where you have an almost 100% loss rate. An extra bounce required could make all the difference in the world, as well as just reducing the number of Quest Rogues in general.
    I remember a streamer saying that Silence Priest should be favored against Quest Rogue, but VS Reaper is showing it as a unfavored matchup.

The extra bounce makes a huge difference and may make the deck unviable. Another change that could have been made is make the quest reward into a minion; this means it couldn't get cheated out with prep and the opponent has a turn to get ready.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

New Thread is up.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    I remember a streamer saying that Silence Priest should be favored against Quest Rogue, but VS Reaper is showing it as a unfavored matchup.

The extra bounce makes a huge difference and may make the deck unviable. Another change that could have been made is make the quest reward into a minion; this means it couldn't get cheated out with prep and the opponent has a turn to get ready.
    That may have been better for balance, but realistically I can't see Blizzard going through the design necessary to create a minion, voice it, stat it, give it new art...etc.

There's only three ways the card was likely to get balanced.

1) Increase number of bounces.

2) Increase mana cost of Crystal Caverns.

3) Decrease the stats on the quest.

Of the 3, I think 1 was the best. Increasing the mana cost makes the Rogue win if they have Preparation and lose if they don't have it. Decreasing the stats is very hard to balance - if you don't do it by enough it's pointless, and if you nerf the stats too hard the entire deck becomes non-viable even if the quest is completed.

Increasing the bounces by one is the best compromise. It slows the quest down a bit, doesn't allow cheating like Preparation, and keeps the explosive lategame power. It just makes it less likely for the Rogue to be completing the quest on turn 4, which I don't think was ever intended.

Of course, I may be a bit biased here since I hate Quest Rogue with a passion. Regardless of balance it is the least fun deck to play against I have ever seen, even including OTK Warrior. The Rogue just sits there playing solitaire without even trying to interact with your board, and then suddenly explodes and you have no chance of winning.