New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Megaman Battle Network: CHAOS - IC

The year is 200x.

Or something. Like 8 years after the Falzer/Gregar incident.

But anyway, we covered that in my last entry.

I was talking about the next team. They're all here because they caught Chaud's attention. But...

...Well, y'know. They're still baking. They certainly have talent, but they're not a team yet.

We're still trying to whip them into shape. That's what today is all about. As well as however many more days it takes. So far, they haven't gotten to the end of the simulation.

I don't expect them to of course. Not for another year at least. It was my design. Not to brag.

...Okay. I am so bragging. The simulation is so awesome.

Like...They obviously have the more common viruses. But there are traps, security doors, pretend hostages... it's really neat stuff. I know it's complicated, but... what situations aren't right? Plus it's got a flag. I worked so hard on that freaking flag, it looks so glorious.

Okay. Tangent. Moving on.

So they need to beat the simulation. They need to have beaten it so many times, it's like clockwork. And they haven't gotten there yet. Because, like I say, they aren't a team.

...Seems like it's about to start. I need to head to my post.

This ought to be good...

JACK-IN!
    Spoiler: Jack In!
    Show

Seven beams of light touch down on the First Stage. The transfer completes, each navi looks at their surroundings.

A few sets of platforms and bridges. Mettaurs. Candumbs. Swordys. Not to mention a series of turrets and security gates. Of course, no telling what kind of traps to expect.

MAP

A holo projection comes to life. Sean's cute as a button face fills the screen.

"Well, guys, here we are again.

"As you can see, you have an obstacle course of dangerous things to get through before you move on to the next stage. There are three stages each leading to a port you need to get to, with the exception of the third stage, where you need to capture a flag.

"Rules are the same as before. Leave someone behind? End simulation. One of you 'dies?' End simulation. Hostages unaccounted for? End simulation. I want a perfect score accross the board here. All seven of you need to be touching that flag at the end.

"We all green?"
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2017-04-13 at 09:01 PM.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Megaman Battle Network: CHAOS - IC

Touching down first are a pair of beams that seem to spiral around one another, one sprouting into a small cross between avian and lizard that looks almost metallic, gleaming red, yellow, and orange as movement seems to make the colors dance. As Blade Archaeopteryx looks around, her hands idly reach into the razor sharp looking blades adorning her arms, knives stylized as feathers, plucking a pair and flipping one idly in her hand as she crosses her arms as the other, taller navi touch down. Meanwhile, her companion beam solidifies before touching down, leaving an audible thud as two giant, armored feet hit the ground. Towering above most of the others, if not all, Charge Tortoise takes a slow, sweeping gaze of the land, any area not covered by plating looking like branches woven together, greens and browns being the dominant colors.
    "Green and geared to go, Sean."
    "Ready as ever. Green and good to go."

Spoiler: Blade and Charge moves
    Show

Blade:
    Flame Wheel
    Psycho Cut
    Splash

Charge:
    Ingrain
    Razor Leaf
    Stone Edge

Question, since I have two guys, do I split my six across the two or do each get a folder? Assuming I keep it to one folder split between two

Last edited by Eshkigal; 2017-04-16 at 04:16 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

A warp column lands, splashes out, and fades into the ground. The tiles shimmer in eye-searing lime for a moment before settling. A small gap opens along the seam, and a reply creaks out:

ArchMan Status: Ready => Green.
    Opening Coordination Link: Deny.
    Confidence: High.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I take actions yet at this point? If so, Swift to start Channeling Blade Deny. I intend to Channel everyone, unless someone intends to run too far ahead, to be ready to make good use of Battle Synchronization if we encounter a serious threat. Also possibly Shared Senses for scouting and one-way silent comms. I intend to Imprint Deny before she exits range.

Gray is Binding 4 AP to have two Ports readied.

Chip list:
    Confusion
    Camouflage
    Block
    Mirror Coat
    Counter
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2017-04-16 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

As the beam of light touches down and dissipates, a very humanoid looking Navi appears in a squatting position. The Navi appears to be wearing a full body tights that is primarily dark grey and ultramarine in color, with light blue lined design on his athletically fit body. The design ends at his feet, which are tipped with aquamarine soles. On both shoulders, he sports gunmetal colored shoulder guards, which appears to have a dull polish finish. The shoulder guards also warps around his nape, as well as the lower back of his neck, connecting to one another. The Navi's left arm is cover in flame-like design. Both of Lancer's hands are draped over the red lance that is sitting on his shoulders.

With a toothy grin, Lancer stands up from his squatting position. He twirls the lance off of his left shoulder, spinning it around to get a better grip with his right hand. "All green." Lancer assures Sean, turning his head slightly over to answer the holo projection of Sean. Lancer is glad about the live simulation, mostly because it gives him a chance to fight stretch his legs. Lancer looks at his surroundings, noting the digital landscape, viruses, and the other Navis that have logged in.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Memo's entrance is the... least flashy of the group's so far; the shrine maiden-type Navi simply opens her eyes once her warp column fades. A naginata materializes in her hand, ornate carvings on the flats of its wide blade.

"Memento Vivere, status green. Awaiting orders... Rise."

"Okay, um, right! First we should... set up defenses! Is this chip okay?"

Memo waits with practiced patience for Rise to fumble with her battlechips on the other side, hands no doubt shaking with nervousness.
    "Haah... At least she's taking it seriously..."

Finally, a faintly shimmering veil settles over the group as they begin their advance down the seemingly-empty corridor.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Spoiler: Equipped Chips
    Show
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Safeguard
    Ice Beam
    Cosmic Power
    Sing

Initiative 5, so probably executing close to last.

Standard: Reflect (anyone can expend a use of Reflect to resist a Physical attack one step further).
    Shift: follow or get beside Charge Tortoise to start forming something of a front line.

If Rise gets a Standard aside from using the chip, Inspired Orders (+1 Evade/+2 Saves).

6. - Top - End - #6

Plug-In! Deny.EXE! Transmission!

A neon tower of swirling red and blue descended into the digital plane, coming to a stop inches above the ground to materialize into a decidedly blue-tinged Navi with a large pair of wings and whose body from the knees down faded to merely a column of blue light. She allowed herself to rest near the ground's surface for mere moments before dashing back up to hover 2 meters in the air, eyes scanning the distance. "Emerald."

"Emerald, Sir." corrected her NetOp. "Eye in the sky. I want a report of as far as you can see"

As commanded, Deny rose a further 6 meters up in the air and turned her sight as far as she could, marking the position of each hostile.

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Trained Stat: Speed+1CS
    Agile: +1movement, +4 Initiative
    Brutal

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

As the beam that transported him here fades, Synth is already waiting with his hands crossed, looking every bit as though he was as sullen as one would expect from a navi that looked like a dark knight from some cheap fantasy game, but this wasn't their first test and his eyes flash red before he holds out a hand and materializes an oversized blade, "All green." For her part, Yuki sighs in relief. She knew he meant well but this wouldn't have been the first time that Synth didn't actually take the time to confirm his status and just charged in. Even he was serious this time though, and willing to put up with procedure.

"Remember, stay with the team, just because you're strong enough to take things on alone doesn't mean you have to, alright?" Test or not, the NetOp couldn't help but worry. "Relax. This isn't like that drill. I know what I'm doing." Despite saying that, however, the dark navi moves to the front of the group and starts to tap his foot impatiently.

Spoiler
    Show

Trained Stat: +1 CS to Attack
    Focused and Agility Training (+4 to Initiative, +2 to skill checks, +1 to accuracy rolls and movement capabilities)

Safe to assume that Synth is channeled at all times, but I can also channel others if they're willing (or unwilling but I'll save that for hostiles or emergencies)

Likely going to be using Dragon Dance as we charge the enemy.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Sean looks over the team.

"No NormalMan, huh? I guess we'll have to start without him.

"This levels pretty basic. Bust the viruses, breach the security and defensive. So don't get too cocky.

"Commencing session in 5...

"4...

"3...

"2...

"1...

"GO!"

Extended Sig.

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

ArchMan slides forward along the path, trailing texture-errors, and logs another notice for the group:

Deny: Visual Link stabilized. Distance constraints removed.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Shift action to move forward 7 to O12. Standard action (Bind 1 AP) to establish Shared Senses on Deny (doing this early so that it won't break due to range).

Gray continues monitoring but has no current actions.

Show
    AP:
    Gray: 4 bound for ready Ports, 1 remaining.
    ArchMan: 1 bound for Shared Senses on Deny, 6 remaining.

Channeled list:
    Deny (w/ Shared Senses)

Chips selected:
    Confusion
    Camouflage
    Block
    Mirror Coat
    Counter

10. - Top - End - #10

A red border blinked around the peripherals of Deny's vision as she began transmitting what she saw to the others.

Shell projected the display from her PET to the other NetOps in real time, dispensing tactics advice and statistics from memory for each of the virus programs. Each, except
    "The Canodumbs?"
    "Uh-yes, right. That.
    Er, moving on, given their superior speed and attack, it would be optimal to engage the Swordys from beyond their limited range on the platform so ranged attacks should be prepared there.
    If it's at all possible to access that platform, I can see an avenue for bypassing the barrier and the second gate entirely, though if our dear instructor is still listening he probably just patched that exploit...
    It's unlikely that any of these enemies are capable of inflicting stat conditions, but to be on the safe side..."

Three spinning orbs floated to the side of each netnavi in anticipation to intercept oncoming debuffs.

"With your permission, I will attempt to draw fire and set up a flanking maneuver."

The netnavi motioned to leave the range of solid platform, careful to keep the distance between the closest Canodumb and the most forward advancing Navis equal. It was a risky plan, designed to keep stationary enemies guessing as to which opponent would come within range first, and easily disrupted by a reckless charge. Deny must have great confidence in this group to attempt it so quickly.

Spoiler: Action and Status
    Show
    Show
    Mist 1/2scene
    Powder Snow
    Quiver Dance 2/2scene
    Swift
    Fly: Sky+4

Standard:Mist-3 activation to negate lowered CS
    Shift: Descend 4, Forward 5

Altitude:4
    Blessings: Mist 3/3, Reflect 2/2
    Training: Speed, Agile, Brutal

Spoiler: Map Assessment
    Show
    Each bridge and platform is guarded by a pair of canodumbs, ready to shoot anything that comes into their range. On each platform, in addition, are several mettaurs to support them. Each section of the stage is barred by a security gate that can be interacted with via access panel, with the exception of one, which is barred by barrier (that can't be hacked, only unlocked via key, which is guarded by two swordys on an isolated platform ) Oh, and one hallway appears to be a deathtrap. Stepping there means you activate the turret program. In your experiece, turrets can't simply be busted as they're protected by a seemingly impenatrable aura. Fortunately, those are hackable. On the far end is the port to the next stage.

Spoiler: Scan Results
    Show
    Cannodumb: Scan fail.

Mettaur
    Level:10(virus)
    Element/Type: Null/Null
    HP:22
    Attack:10
    Defense:12
    Special Attack:1
    Special Defense:12
    Speed:3

Swordy
    Level:10(virus)
    Element/Type: Null/Sword
    HP:31
    Attack:14
    Defense:12
    Special Attack:2
    Special Defense:9
    Speed:11

Turret
    Level:10(Program)
    Element: Null/Cursor
    [/B]HP:50
    Attack:18
    Defense:14
    Special Attack:2
    Special Defense:12
    Speed:1 (Triggered)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Synth didn't waste any time after hearing the report, though the implication that he couldn't handle the swordys elicited a barely audible scoff that his NetOp didn't quite catch. With Deny's data he advanced forward, "Draw their fire and I'll be able to close in on them. Once I'm in range they're as good as deleted."

Spoiler
    Show

Moving 7 down, not much else I can do.

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Blade scurried forward as Charge plods forth, one keeping pace with Synth, the other taking the rear due to bulk.
    "Just let me know if you need a boost."

13. - Top - End - #13

"Stay frosty Lancer, who knows what Sean has in stored for us." Tae Hyun instructed his Navi over the commutation channel.

Knowing his NetOp is watching, Lancer waves a single hand to show that he acknowledges Tae Hyun's instruction. Anticipating the fight to come, Lancer rotates his shoulders as his muscles tenses up. His body is briefly covered with a crimson aura before it quickly dissipates. With a toothy grin, Lancer couches into a low stance and concentrates building up power onto his soles. With a mighty leap, Lancer vaults several meters forward.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Tae Hun
    Standard: Agility Training on Lancer
    Shift: None
    Swift: None
    Conditions: None

Lancer
    Standard: Uses Bulk Up
    Shift: Uses Splash to jump forward to N13; from N5.
    Conditions: Agility Training [Training]; +1 Atk CS, +1 Def CS, Agility Training [Orders], +2 Evasion until the end of his next turn (Splash), +3 Bonus to Critical Hit Range until the beginning of his next turn (Lancer ability)
    Last edited by Boolprop; 2017-04-27 at 07:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Each navi advances. The nearest canodumbs activate.

Whiiiirrrrrr... "Targeting... Targeting..."

The two canodumbs track the team's movements, but do not fire. They are well out of range. The one closest to Deny tracks her in particular.

Far ahead, the mettaurs peek out from under their giant hardhats. "Mett! Mett!" They spring up, hopping in different directions excitedly in anticipation.

Even further, twin red flickers come to life from behind the visors of the swordys. Each one activates a sword, standing guard.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

(Meanwhile)

Sean observes the training session via multiple sets of monitors capturing different angles. Even in the opening move he's taking notes.

swish

The entrance slides open like the doors from Star Trek. Sean doesn't look away. It's all but obvious who it is...

If it were possible, Chaud's steely resolve improved in his adulthood. His steps are intentional as he walks up to Sean, looking at the screens.

"...Turrets, security gateways and a handful of viruses?
    "I was expecting a bit more creativity."

Sean gave a sideways glance before continuing to monitor. "It's only the first stage. Rest assured you'll see a lot more in the next two."

Chaud folded his arms. "These trainees are all the best we have to work with. I need them ready for the next mission."

"Yeah, I know. But we're talking about serving half-baked potatoes here. They're supposed to have an extra three years of training."

"Granted. But we don't have three years.
    "What progress have they made overall?"

"Well, they start off okay. First stage is always pretty straightforward. It's when I throw them for a loop they get caught off guard.

"Hopefully, they'll have learned that lesson by now...wait.
    "Where is NormalMan?"

Sean shrugged. "Didn't show."

Chaud's expression remained unchanged. "Hmm.
    "I'm going to have to have a talk with his operator."
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2017-05-03 at 11:31 AM.

Extended Sig.

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

As the group charges forward, a so far quiet netop chimes in, as Taylor looks to his duo.
    "Alright, you two. We are kicking off this engagement. Charge, sending in the first party favor."
    As Charge gets in range, Taylor slots in a chip at the bottom, his titanic buddy leaping up near the end of the pathway and slamming down hard, sending a spine of earthen spikes forward until they get to the Canodumb from outside their range.

(1d20)[3]-Stone Edge, 5+defense evasion or speed evasion, crit on a 17 or higher - Forgot to add in focused training, bringing it to 5
    (3d8+22)[33]
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2017-05-04 at 10:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

"Lancer get closer but stay with the team." Tae Hyun said, instructing his Navi to stay in position.

"Looks like the welcoming committee has started." Lancer grins as he see Charge Tortoise begins his attack on the Canodumb. With his lance in hand, Lancer dashes forward, only to stop his movements once he catches up with the large Navi.

Show
    Tae Hun
    Conditions
    None

Lancer
    Standard: Performs the Sprint Maneuver.
    Shift: Uses Splash to jump forward to S21; from N13.
    Conditions
    • Agility Training [Training]
    • +1 Attack Combat Stage
    • +1 Defense Combat Stage
    • Agility Training [Orders]
    • +2 Evasion until the end of his next turn (Splash)
    • +3 Bonus to Critical Hit Range until the beginning of his next turn (Lancer ability)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"Synth, I'm uploading the booster chips now, we won't always have time to prepare so much in advance, but the layout here is straightforward enough that we can go all out."

For his part, the dark navi smirked as he felt his power and speed surge past their normal limits. As soon as we charge these things are finished. Still, he manages to hold until Charge launched his attack. The moment his blast strikes the canodumb, Synth vanishes, moving at an alarming rate having disappeared from his readied stance in the span of a blink, and only bringing himself to a halt when he's directly between the two viruses. "Sending the ElecSword chip now!"

Their teamwork was one area that they didn't need to work on, however, and Synth already knew what his operator would do. No later than the very instant his sword turned into a blade of lightning did he swing it, intent on cleaving straight the one opposite of Charge's target.

Spoiler
    Show

Since we had 2 rounds of waiting to get into position in addition to the first round where I just assumed we weren't buffing; Dragon Dance x2 (+2 Atk and Spd CS)

Actual round where the fight starts; Move 8, ElecSword on the canondumb that Charge DIDN'T attack
    Attack (1d20+1)[8] (Paralyze on 19+) vs AC 2+eva
    Damage (2d8+54)[66] (Electric, sword)

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

18. - Top - End - #18

With her quickened aerial movement, Deny approached the nearest two enemies from a direction perpendicular to the platform, slowly testing the distance until it became clear she was still out of range. As the remaining teammates trickled in to cluster past the edge of the canodumbs' reach, Shell slotting in chip after chip, cognizant of the consequences the last time she acted alone and slightly resentful that her navi's superior speed meant nothing if the others could not keep up.

"At this location there is a 0% chance of effective retaliation. Permission to begin aerial bombardment? " Anticipating Shell's next move, the navi began rerouting power from thrusters to the minimum to stay afloat.

"We attack as a team" came the curt reply, but it seemed the others had less such qualms about coordination.

As two of her fellow navis lept into the fray, both navi and netop concluded that approximately 42.8% of the group sufficed as a team and unleashed their attack. Tilt-rotor wings switched to green targeting displays, locked on, and fired arcing beams that skillfully evaded intermediate allies to pierce only the enemy.

Show
    Show
    Mist 1/2xScene
    Powder Snow
    Quiver Dance 0/2xScene
    Swift

Shift: Shift down 2 if AB22 is destroyed.
    Standard: Swift Cursor/EOT/STAB/Special/Range8/Blast2 Friendly/Cannot Miss DB8 = 2d8+10+25 = (2d8+35)[41]
    Accuracy: (1d20)[16]

Past actions: Quiver Dance x2 Raise the user's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by +1 CS each.

Conditions
    • Blessings: Mist 3/3, Reflect 2/2
    • Training: Speed CS1
    • Agile: +1Movement, +4Init
    • Brutal: Crit, Effect Range +1
    • Quiver Dance x2
    • Total CS=SpAtk x2, SpDef x2, Spd x3

Altitude:1
    Move: Sky10 Levitate7
    Last edited by Oneris; 2017-05-05 at 07:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Griffon

Memo proceeded steadily down the corridor after her more agile allies, preparing reactive measures against various potential threats. It looked like she wouldn't be needed on the front lines, as usual for this phase of the simulation. Following her familiar support routine brought a serene smile to her face, though tinged with melancholy at the thought that this run might end the same way as the others as well.
    "Young programs these days, always in such a rush..."

-----
    "Uuuu... These empty hallways always give me the creeps! Remember that time ClownMan burst out of the wall?! Or the flaming spike traps!
    Or-- oh, sorry Memo! Loading next chip set! Go get 'em, everyone!"

Show
    3 turns for Memo to reach the rally area, ending where she is on the map beside Lancer.

Standard 1: Light Screen (as Reflect, but for Special damage instead of Physical)
    Standard 2: Safeguard (as Mist, but negates the effects of a status condition for 1 turn. Does not actually prevent you from suffering the status condition, as it does in the Pokemon games.)
    NetOp Standard 2 & 3 - Spend 2 AP to swap out expended Light Screen, Safeguard and load Lucky Chant, Soft-Boiled
    Standard 3: Lucky Chant (as Mist, but turns a critical hit into a normal hit. Anything tied to the attack being a critical hit is cancelled when this happens.)

Added Blessing uses to the map sheet, with quick-use notes.

Spoiler: Current Chips
    Show
    Lucky Chant (spent)
    Soft-Boiled
    Reflect (spent)
    Ice Beam
    Cosmic Power
    Sing
    Last edited by Elfbird; 2017-05-05 at 09:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    As the group charges forward, a so far quiet netop chimes in, as Taylor looks to his duo.
    "Alright, you two. We are kicking off this engagement. Charge, sending in the first party favor."
    As Charge gets in range, Taylor slots in a chip at the bottom, his titanic buddy leaping up near the end of the pathway and slamming down hard, sending a spine of earthen spikes forward until they get to the Canodumb from outside their range.

(1d20)[1]-Stone Edge, 5+defense evasion or speed evasion, crit on a 17 or higher - Forgot to add in focused training, bringing it to 5
    [roll1]
    CRACK

The spikes jut out of the ground towards the direction of the canodumbs. The row of teeth like rocks just narrowly passes the one on the right and it tracks the attack. "INCOMING...INCOMING..."

It provides just enough of a distraction for...

Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    "Synth, I'm uploading the booster chips now, we won't always have time to prepare so much in advance, but the layout here is straightforward enough that we can go all out."

For his part, the dark navi smirked as he felt his power and speed surge past their normal limits. As soon as we charge these things are finished. Still, he manages to hold until Charge launched his attack. The moment his blast strikes the canodumb, Synth vanishes, moving at an alarming rate having disappeared from his readied stance in the span of a blink, and only bringing himself to a halt when he's directly between the two viruses. "Sending the ElecSword chip now!"

Their teamwork was one area that they didn't need to work on, however, and Synth already knew what his operator would do. No later than the very instant his sword turned into a blade of lightning did he swing it, intent on cleaving straight the one opposite of Charge's target.

Spoiler
    Show

Since we had 2 rounds of waiting to get into position in addition to the first round where I just assumed we weren't buffing; Dragon Dance x2 (+2 Atk and Spd CS)

Actual round where the fight starts; Move 8, ElecSword on the canondumb that Charge DIDN'T attack
    Attack (1d20)[1] (Paralyze on 19+) vs AC 2+eva
    Damage [roll1] (Electric, sword)
    The canodumbs cursor blinks as it attempts to capture Synth in it's sight. "DELETE! DE--**"

SWISH!

Synth's electric arc slices the cannon off of it's base. The one behind him locks onto the dark navi. "TARGET LOCKED."

Quote Originally Posted by Oneris View Post
    With her quickened aerial movement, Deny approached the nearest two enemies from a direction perpendicular to the platform, slowly testing the distance until it became clear she was still out of range. As the remaining teammates trickled in to cluster past the edge of the canodumbs' reach, Shell slotting in chip after chip, cognizant of the consequences the last time she acted alone and slightly resentful that her navi's superior speed meant nothing if the others could not keep up.

"At this location there is a 0% chance of effective retaliation. Permission to begin aerial bombardment? " Anticipating Shell's next move, the navi began rerouting power from thrusters to the minimum to stay afloat.

"We attack as a team" came the curt reply, but it seemed the others had less such qualms about coordination.

As two of her fellow navis lept into the fray, both navi and netop concluded that approximately 42.8% of the group sufficed as a team and unleashed their attack. Tilt-rotor wings switched to green targeting displays, locked on, and fired arcing beams that skillfully evaded intermediate allies to pierce only the enemy.

Show
    Show
    Mist 1/2xScene
    Powder Snow
    Quiver Dance 0/2xScene
    Swift

Shift: Shift down 2 if AB22 is destroyed.
    Standard: Swift Cursor/EOT/STAB/Special/Range8/Blast2 Friendly/Cannot Miss DB8 = 2d8+10+25 = (1d20)[1]
    Accuracy: [roll1]

Past actions: Quiver Dance x2 Raise the user's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by +1 CS each.

Conditions
    • Quiver Dance x2

"DEL--**"

BZZZAP!

The arcing energy from Deny's attack zips around Synth (perhaps almost looking like it was about to hit him directly) and cuts the other canodumb in half. It's pieces are sent flying and then explode.

Sean's voice blares over the comms. "Not bad. For an opening."

As he watched the opening assault unfold, Chaud's expression remained unchanged. "Synth's advancing too quickly."

"Probably because they were just Canodumbs."

"Hmph."

"METT! METT!"

The Mettaurs advance in hopping fashion, the one front and center materializes a large pick axe and strikes the ground. It's shockwave hurtles towards Synth.

(1d20)[1]

The Pick Axe is raised high...

CLANG

"

METT--!"

The Pick axe sails behind the mettaur and strikes one of the others in it's hard hat. It stumbles backwards.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2017-05-05 at 05:31 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

ArchMan continues to advance, accelerating.

Synchronization Link: Synth.

Show
    My apologies for delayed post.

Sprinting forward, Channeling Synth.

Show

AP:
    Gray: 4 bound for ready Ports, 1 remaining.
    ArchMan: 1 bound for Shared Senses on Deny, 6 remaining.

Channeled list:
    Deny (w/ Shared Senses)
    Synth

Chips selected:
    Confusion
    Camouflage
    Block
    Mirror Coat
    Counter
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22

With the others decide to stop short out of the Canodumb's attack range, preparing themselves for combat to come, Tae Hyun decides it's also a good idea for Lancer to do the same. "Alright, take this moment to strengthen yourself first. We may not have an opportunity to do so later." Tae Hyun advises his Navi while he slots in a battle chip and activates a custom program he had prepared. He knows full well Lancer is itching for an "work out buddy."

Once more, Lancer's body briefly glows with a crimson aura. Lancer's body appears to be muscular, despite there is no physical difference since he had entered this simulation. When Synth and Deny begun their attacks on the Canodumb, Lancer vaults forward, ready to engage one of the Canodumbs. Unfortunately, both Navis instantly deleted the two Canodumb before they can retaliate. With some joy that his teammates seems strong, Lancer felt some disappointment that he wasn't able to draw first blood. Gripping his lance, Lancer glances forward to the bobbing heads of the Mettaurs in the distance.

"Relax. Wait for the Mettaur to come closer before engaging them. That way, they'll wont have support fire from the Canodumbs."

Relaxing his grip a bit, Lancer acknowledged his NetOp's judgement. He had faced Mettaurs and Canodumbs before. While they are simple viruses, they really worth letting him work himself into a frenzy. Waiting patiently, Lancer eyes the Mettaurs as they wobble closer.

"Now!" In unison, Lancer vaults forward as Tae Hyun gives the command to engage the Mettaurs. Receiving another battle chip, Lancer's body is wrapped in flames as he dashes forward.

"Eat this!" With his lance in hand, Lancer strikes a Mettaur as the flames travels from his body, to his spear, then towards the Mettaur.

Show
    Retconning planned actions due to Synth and Deny wanting to boost stats before engaging on round 4. Intead if Lancer attacking on round 3, he'll instead attack on round 4. Which is when Synth and Deny deleted the Canodumbs.

Spoiler: Round 3
    Show
    Tae Hun
    Standard: Applies Dire Hit on Lancer
    Conditions
    None

Lancer
    Shift: Uses Splash to jump forward to X22; from S21.
    Conditions
    • +2 Attack Combat Stage
    • +2 Defense Combat Stage
    • +2 Bonus to Critical Hit Range (Dire Hit)
    • +3 Bonus to Critical Hit Range until the beginning of his next turn (Lancer ability)

During Round 4, Lancer will delay his turn until Initiative count of 4. So he'll be acting after the Mettuars have taken their turn.

Spoiler: Round 4
    Show
    Tae Hun
    Conditions
    None

Lancer
    Shift: Uses Splash to jump forward to AE25; from X22.
    Standard: Attacks the Mettaur at AD26 with Flame Charge.
    AC: 2 (1d20)[1]; Physical, Fire/Null, Melee, Dash. On hit raise the user’s Speed 1 Combat Stage.
    Damage: (1d8+30)[32]; Physical, Fire/Null Damage
    If Crit (on 15+): Additional (1d8+8)[16]
    Conditions
    • +2 Attack Combat Stage

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

With a nod, Taylor slots a chip.
    "Charge, we need to work on your aim, man. Blade, slotting in something for when you get in range."
    The Navi just gives a thumbs up to the sky as the feather blades still on her limbs glow with a dull heat, moving forward but still too far out to engage.

24. - Top - End - #24

Round 5

"Lancer, no! Fall back! You have no support!"
    Deny dived after the advancing netnavi as the diminutive yellow viruses clustered around him, fingers frantically pounding the Missile Lock-On. Error: Insufficient Power, her wings flashed. She tried the endothermic ray, but again flashed Error: No targets in range.
    "I-I can't get close enough"

In the real world, Shell confronted the netop at fault.
    "Tae Hyun, tell your navi to retreat! you can't handle that many at once. "

Show
    Show
    Mist 1/2xScene
    Powder Snow
    Quiver Dance 0/2xScene
    Swift - Cooldown

Shift+ Standard: Sprint, move 15

Conditions
    • Quiver Dance x2

Last edited by Oneris; 2017-05-20 at 02:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Griffon

Trailing behind the chaos of the melee with the Mettaurs, Memo begins fortifying herself now that all the group precautions are enabled.
    "Honestly, what do they expect when they leave their support behind..."

"Charge, you're familiar with this kind of situation, are you not? How do you like to support Blade when she leads the vanguard?"

Rise bites her lip to fight the impulse to add to the cacophony in the command room. Hard as it is to watch Lancer get swarmed, there's nothing she can ask Memo to do that would help, and the others seem to have some idea how to get the situation under control.

"Memo, just... just keep doing what you can! If any of those Mettaur get close, freeze 'em!"

Show
    Memo:
    Shift 5 East, keeping pace with CT
    Cosmic Power: +1 Def/Sp.Def CS to self.

Rise:
    Inspired and Brutal Orders on Memo (via Commander's Voice)
    (if I ever forget to post an action for Rise, assume it's this one.)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Boolprop View Post
    With the others decide to stop short out of the Canodumb's attack range, preparing themselves for combat to come, Tae Hyun decides it's also a good idea for Lancer to do the same. "Alright, take this moment to strengthen yourself first. We may not have an opportunity to do so later." Tae Hyun advises his Navi while he slots in a battle chip and activates a custom program he had prepared. He knows full well Lancer is itching for an "work out buddy."

Once more, Lancer's body briefly glows with a crimson aura. Lancer's body appears to be muscular, despite there is no physical difference since he had entered this simulation. When Synth and Deny begun their attacks on the Canodumb, Lancer vaults forward, ready to engage one of the Canodumbs. Unfortunately, both Navis instantly deleted the two Canodumb before they can retaliate. With some joy that his teammates seems strong, Lancer felt some disappointment that he wasn't able to draw first blood. Gripping his lance, Lancer glances forward to the bobbing heads of the Mettaurs in the distance.

"Relax. Wait for the Mettaur to come closer before engaging them. That way, they'll wont have support fire from the Canodumbs."

Relaxing his grip a bit, Lancer acknowledged his NetOp's judgement. He had faced Mettaurs and Canodumbs before. While they are simple viruses, they really worth letting him work himself into a frenzy. Waiting patiently, Lancer eyes the Mettaurs as they wobble closer.

"Now!" In unison, Lancer vaults forward as Tae Hyun gives the command to engage the Mettaurs. Receiving another battle chip, Lancer's body is wrapped in flames as he dashes forward.

"Eat this!" With his lance in hand, Lancer strikes a Mettaur as the flames travels from his body, to his spear, then towards the Mettaur.

Show
    Retconning planned actions due to Synth and Deny wanting to boost stats before engaging on round 4. Intead if Lancer attacking on round 3, he'll instead attack on round 4. Which is when Synth and Deny deleted the Canodumbs.

Spoiler: Round 3
    Show
    Tae Hun
    Standard: Applies Dire Hit on Lancer
    Conditions
    None

Lancer
    Shift: Uses Splash to jump forward to X22; from S21.
    Conditions
    • +2 Attack Combat Stage

During Round 4, Lancer will delay his turn until Initiative count of 4. So he'll be acting after the Mettuars have taken their turn.

Spoiler: Round 4
    Show
    Tae Hun
    Conditions
    None

Lancer
    Shift: Uses Splash to jump forward to AE25; from X22.
    Standard: Attacks the Mettaur at AD26 with Flame Charge.
    AC: 2 (1d20)[6]; Physical, Fire/Null, Melee, Dash. On hit raise the user’s Speed 1 Combat Stage.
    Damage: (1d20)[19]; Physical, Fire/Null Damage
    If Crit (on 15+): Additional (1d20)[1]
    Conditions
    • +2 Attack Combat Stage

Lancer's fiery assault is relentless as the wide-eyed mettaur quickly ducks under his hard hat, allowing the spear to glance off of it. Lancer is thrown slightly off balance.

The other mettaurs see an opportunity, three of them materialize their huge pick-axes and strike the ground, sending a shockwave each at Lancer...

Attack 1 (1d20)[6]
    Attack 2 (1d20)[19]
    Attack 3 (1d20)[1]

Extended Sig.

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

One shockwave goes wide, two strike Lancer directly at near point-blank range for (1 (1d8+8)[11] & 2 (1d8+8)[15], please account for defense, I can't really remember how that applies to damage)

The Canodumbs simply wait for when they have targets in range.

"Ouch."

"Yes, 'ouch' indeed."

Sean looked at Chaud. He knew what he was thinking. "Hey, it's nothing a little healing data can't fix, right?"

"Those attacks could have easily been a barrage of M-Cannons, which would have torn him to shreds. He and Tae Hyun throw caution to the wind like it's a game."

"Or like he's doing his part. Maybe he's trying to take a hit for the team."

"I don't see why that would be necessary. Preservation is key to living till the next battle. This is just the first stage. And if what you say about the next stages are true, they're going to have to be a lot more careful."

"They will be, if Shell and Deny have a say."

Chaud folded his arms. "Perhaps. Though I wonder if they might be trying to take too much into their control."

Sean scowled. "There really is no winning with you, is there?"

Extended Sig.

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Still plodding forward, Charge looks over to Memo, then gives a small chuckle.
    "Normally by giving her something solid to dive behind if need be. Also, my setup carries more range chips than hers due to necessity. Which, I believe, is true for you as well?"
    (Turn 4? Bottom of the list, moving Charge in at his turtle speed. Speaking of Charge, Grave, can I just swap his buster style from break to cursor permanently since I realize he is never going to get into melee with the rest of this team?)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2017-05-22 at 09:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

As Shell tries to warn Tae Hyun to have Lancer retreat, Yuki shakes her head, "No need, he's not alone! Synth!"

The navi doesn't waste any time with a verbal reply, only dashing forward to attack the mettaurs, giving Lancer more breathing room and the enemies another target to limit the risk to his comrade. He doesn't, however, sheathe his blade in digital electricity this time. Instead, pointing the blade at a pair, a dark energy radiates outward from it, "Get out of our way."

Spoiler
    Show

NetOp: Focused Training [Orders]

Move
    Dark Move; Snarl (hits in a cone, hitting the adjacent mettaur and the one in the middle of the path)
    AC 3 (1d20+2)[21]
    Damage (2d8+28)[37] Super Effective damage so 1.5x after defense is subtracted. If they somehow survive, -1 CS to their special attack

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

30. - Top - End - #30

Tae Hyun looks over at Shell as she criticize his navi's actions. "Don't worry. He'll backup in a bit. This is only a warm up for Lancer. Ain't that right buddy." He flashes her a smile, understanding her concern.

"Heh." Lancer grins in agreement with his NetOp. "Don't worry about it little missy." He answers to both Shell and Deny. When the Mettaurs moves forward and try to surround him after his first attack was blocked, Lancer quickly spun his spear in front of him as he saw an incoming attack from the Viruses.. Lancer kept twirling his spear in a 360 degree motion to ward off the shockwaves. While he was hit but the Mettaurs attacks, the showckwaves didn't seem to effect him at all. He was even able to deflect one of the three attacks aimed at him. "Ha! Is that all you got? If so when let me show you what I can do." Lancer swipes his spear around.

"Ah I'm sorry about that. Lancer can be a mouthful at times." Tae Hyun apologies to Shell. Returning his attention to the battle, Tae Hyun slots in a battle chip. "They aren't wrong, so don't head in too deep. Here use this." He advises Lancer, slotting in a battlechip.

Lancer vaults through the air, towards the Mettaur furthest from him, vacating is location just in time for Synth to come forth and attack the Mettaurs. Staying light on his soles, Lancer quickly dashes forward with his spear in hand. Modified by the battlechip, his body moves quicker then usually, dashing through the Mettaurs while striking at each one he passes.

Spoiler: Round 5
    Show
    Tae Hun
    Conditions
    None

Lancer
    Shift: From AE25, Uses Splash to jump forward to AD29. He then activates the Pass keyword on Slash, moving him from AD29 to AD25.
    Standard: Attacks the Mettaurs at AD26 and AD28 with Slash.
    AC: 2 (1d20)[8]; Physical, Sword/Null, Melee, Pass. Slash is a Critical Hit on 18+.
    Damage: (2d10+37)[45]; Physical, Sword/Null Damage
    If Crit (on 13+): Additional (2d10+10)[16]
    Conditions
    • +2 Attack Combat Stage

Notes: Lancer does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity by Shifting via Run Away ability. Also Shifting as a result of the Pass keyword does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity
    Slash is now a Critical Hit on 13+ due to bonuses, see Conditions.