New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Wow, when the prophecy that the Heir would be flanked by a black flame and a white flame, I could never expect it being so ... literal.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

I sort of suspected something like this might happen when they first did the fusion dance.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #843
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I very much like the rollover text:
    Man Catastrophically Owns Himself by Replacing Complicated Character Design with Even More Complicated Character Design

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah the rollover text was bloody hilarious.

All the same.
    That final design. Thats just divine. Fully worth the wait.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    I very much like the rollover text:
    Man Catastrophically Owns Himself by Replacing Complicated Character Design with Even More Complicated Character Design
    If there was ". Repeateadely" at the end, it would perfectly describe Goblins.

But yeah, kinda expected this to happen. Fusion goes brrr.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I don't fully get it

Allicio was Allison putting on Cio's mask.

This time they just kind of....rainbowed? But, we also still didn't get much of an Explanation for White Chain's new Meatself, so, like who knows. It's not gonna stop me from thinking this is cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #847
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, I think this was done entirely poorly compared to the Allicio fusion. White Chain's new form is an unknown, but the whole thing here is resolved in basically two panels. Very sudden new fusion, with no proper explanation in sight. Just feels like ass-pulling a new power as the plot demands.

The comments on the page seem to agree, with various predictions along the lines of "is she now going to start absorbing all the other characters and gaining their powers?".

I hereby name this new form, Kirby. :P
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

8. - Top - End - #848
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, if they fully want to unite Ysun's flame, I'd argue they also need at least one Servant, so all four aspects are represented.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Very sudden new fusion, with no proper explanation in sight. Just feels like ass-pulling a new power as the plot demands.
    Basically, it's like DBZ with a mostly female cast. Once you realize that. It's easy to understand.

OMG achieving Super Sayian is a feat, not few can reach. It's the pinnacle of one's mental fortitude it destroys the user's Ego and could possibly destroy the character we know and love. Only a few Saiyans in the entire history of their race can do it.

Goku does it once when his childhood friend is killed. Ever since that time, Goku can do it easier than he can pop a fart. Oh, and everyone with traces of Sayian blood can do it. It's easy now.

----

Like Author mentioned Alison can be measured it Gokus. And they literally have a Fusion technique.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I think this was done entirely poorly compared to the Allicio fusion. White Chain's new form is an unknown, but the whole thing here is resolved in basically two panels. Very sudden new fusion, with no proper explanation in sight. Just feels like ass-pulling a new power as the plot demands.
    Ass pull my ass
    We were told rather early that the Heir would be flanked by a black and a white flame.
    So the moment we saw the first human/devil fusion happen, then it was fairly obvious that we could get a human/angel or a final human/devil/angel fusion.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Ass pull my ass
    We were told rather early that the Heir would be flanked by a black and a white flame.
    So the moment we saw the first human/devil fusion happen, then it was fairly obvious that we could get a human/angel or a final human/devil/angel fusion.
    That doesn't explain HOW they did it. Allicio was the result of allison wearing cio's mask; it was basically a form of possession. A fusion that takes into account that cio's body isn't exactly physical. There is no such explanation for White chain who DOES have a physical body now

The fusion actually would have made more sense before White chain got her new body. Before White chain was actually a pure white flame that was inhabiting a stone statue. In the case of a fusion you could have claimed that white chain managed to inhabit allision's body the same way she inhabits her stone body.... You could try and make that claim now, but it gets really muddled by White chain's new physical body which complicates things. White chain's new body isn't quite human and does have maintain her angelic power, but that does not mean it's malleable and can shift forms or anything like that

12. - Top - End - #852
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Allison put on her Mantle of Gods and lied to the universe that it just works.
    "Just do it", is how magic works in KSBD.
    Remember when White Chain punched herself a new body? All she had to do was punch with much seriousness.
    Insert Serious Series pun(ch) here.
    Last edited by Rydiro; 2021-03-18 at 12:51 PM.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm just curious about the hooves.

All three of the people in this fusion have feet. When Alison and Cio fused they still had feet. But then you add in White Chain and now there's suddenly hooves.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    I'm just curious about the hooves.

All three of the people in this fusion have feet. When Alison and Cio fused they still had feet. But then you add in White Chain and now there's suddenly hooves.
    Rule of cool.

15. - Top - End - #855

Incubus, you jerk.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I really don't buy this as the end of the fight. Maybe Jagganoth gets taken out of commission here? But still, that feels pretty weirdly placed narratively. And how does this tie into Incubus working with Jagganoth? Or his thing with Meti? Is Gog Agog going to do anything? I feel like at least the first of those threads will not be resolved with Jagganoth out of the picture.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Is Gog Agog going to do anything?
    I guess this is not how Gog fights. When you are up against Gog, you'll find worms in your supply lines, in your population and finally inside yourself. She isn't made for direct duels. I guess she is already invading all of jaggs worlds at once during this fight.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rydiro View Post
    I guess this is not how Gog fights. When you are up against Gog, you'll find worms in your supply lines, in your population and finally inside yourself. She isn't made for direct duels. I guess she is already invading all of jaggs worlds at once during this fight.
    I doubt that, The Worm that Trolls would not be at the big table if it couldn't manage to throw a good punch when needed.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Maybe Jagganoth gets taken out of commission here? But still, that feels pretty weirdly placed narratively.
    How so? This is presumably Jadis' prophecy - we saw that back here.

And how does this tie into Incubus working with Jagganoth?
    Inky doesn't like the system, and Jaggy was working to destroy it. Course, when Inky realized that meant that EVERYTHING would be destroyed, he worked to find a way to neutralize Jaggy once Jaggy upended the table. Problem is, Jaggy's not upset the table yet (stopping Metatron), and is going for a teamkill.

Is Gog Agog going to do anything?
    Not really anything overt. Gog is just going to stand there agog, since they're not a straight-up fighter like the others are. Gog works in the shadows, behind the scenes, slowly worming their way in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I doubt that, The Worm that Trolls would not be at the big table if it couldn't manage to throw a good punch when needed.
    My take is that Gog's nature means that the other Demis just wear themselves out trying to get rid of it. It's like kudzu. Hack at the leaves and vines, and within a few days, all that growth you cut back ... is back. And since it has seeds all over the place... no getting rid of it.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2021-03-29 at 09:47 AM.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I'm not convinced of that. The author has talked about how he finds Jagganoth quite interesting and is looking forward to exploring his motivation. Jagganoth getting annihilated here wouldn't fit with that. I also feel like the "beast" will be something a little less obvious. If nothing else, it's Gog-Agog that holds the word Beast, not Jagganoth. Maybe it will be Metatron, like Jagganoth is also ultimately targeting?
    Last edited by Thales; 2021-03-29 at 11:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

Im quite certain that the 7-headed beast the propecy speaks off is the 7 demi-urges.

My take is that Gog's nature means that the other Demis just wear themselves out trying to get rid of it. It's like kudzu. Hack at the leaves and vines, and within a few days, all that growth you cut back ... is back. And since it has seeds all over the place... no getting rid of it.
    Yeah. This seems quite possible. That since Gog is a hive-being. Then its basically impossible to get rid off. Since you need to murder every last worm across all of creation.
    So easier to deal with it though diplomacy.

22. - Top - End - #862

Im quite certain that the 7-headed beast the propecy speaks off is the 7 demi-urges.
    That's my take on it.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Of which Jagganoth is one, and presumably the first that would be dealt with.

Edit: Going back to the page, I see Jaggy is on Allison's side and is facing against the other demiurges.

Hinting that his actions are aiding her in taking down the Seven-Headed Beast - which is not necessarily the demiurges themselves, but maybe the regime they have set up?
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2021-04-01 at 09:44 AM.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: Going back to the page, I see Jaggy is on Allison's side and is facing against the other demiurges.
    I cant see anything like that.
    I see Jaggy as 1 among 7 demiurges. Your really reading to much into there being limited space to place his big red ass.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I cant see anything like that.
    I see Jaggy as 1 among 7 demiurges. Your really reading to much into there being limited space to place his big red ass.
    Count the other side. Five above, seven below.
    Jagganoth, Meti, Allison, Cio, White Chain.

Mammon
    Mottom
    Incubus
    Jadis
    Solomon David
    Gog-Agog
    Zoss

26. - Top - End - #866
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Count the other side. Five above, seven below.
    Jagganoth, Meti, Allison, Cio, White Chain.

Mammon
    Mottom
    Incubus
    Jadis
    Solomon David
    Gog-Agog
    Zoss

It's a symmetrical composition. In the center, you have a triangle, formed of Zoss, upon which rests Allison (she's literally standing on the halo of the former King, as his heir) flanked by Cio and Chain.

The triangle splits apart two groups of four demiurges, Jag+Jadis-Solomon-Mottom on the left, Meti+Mammon-Incubus-Gog on the right.

If you look at the posture of the figures, all eight demiurges appear to be recoiling from Allison's power triangle -- definitely including Jagganoth, just look at him! Meti's posture is more ambiguous, and Jadis is just being her paperweight self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

27. - Top - End - #867
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Jagganoth is looking for a way to kill some time.

28. - Top - End - #868

Gog looks seriously pissed on the second page of the prophecy.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-79/

Hadn't noticed that before.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    Gog looks seriously pissed on the second page of the prophecy.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-79/

Hadn't noticed that before.
    That could be her still being angry about Mottom blowing up her face, not anything relating to the prophecy.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

30. - Top - End - #870

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    That could be her still being angry about Mottom blowing up her face, not anything relating to the prophecy.
    Oh yeah, you are correct.