Thing Thing Avatar Tutorial
    (Careful, it's old, so don't reply)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Remember: An ABR flashback

Now time for some family gatherings
    Spoiler
    Show

Greyed-out characters are ones I'm not expecting to have to put into a comic, or that are dead

Lawrence, Hugo - Hugo is one of the youngest councilmen, having only joined a 3 years ago. He is a highly adept Bard with a penchant for Enchantment spells and has often served as Arcania's finest diplomat. As a result, he is often away from home and was unavailable for much of Steph's childhood. He's disappointed in her for not following in the family's bardic tradition, and they do not get along well.
    Lawrence, Steph - Steph is a full-time junior reporter for the Gold Coin Daily newspaper. Steph hangs out with Igon, Oscar, and Rain when she has free time, especially during their coinciding lunch breaks.
    Lawrence, Maria - Maria is the wife of Hugo Lawrence, they grew up together in Diminus, Arcania. Because Hugo often spends long periods away from home, she had to raise Steph virtually alone.
    Minoblendy, Michael - Michael is a high-ranking priest in one of Arcania's many Temples of Boccob. Rather embarrassingly, he managed to impregnate Haizea after a one-night stand. He honoured the resulting commitment and they were wed 2 weeks later. Igon was the result.
    Minoblendy, Haizea - Haizea is one of the longest-running councilwomen, and is one of the finest Transmuters in Arcania. She is a pragmatist, always trying to pull the most favourable result for everyone, but mothers her son especially.
    Minoblendy, Igon - (Nice try, you'll have to read and see )
    Morgan, Arthur - Arthur is without a doubt the longest-running councilman, having been on the council for 10 years (For comparison, Haizea has only been on for 6), and is the local meistro of Divination magic. He was previously married to Lucrezia, a brief marriage which spawn Rain. Since the breakup, he has done his best to be a good role model for her.
    Morgan, Rain - Rain is the daughter of a councilman, Arthur Morgan, and it was through her father that she first met Igon when they were but children. A talented Illusionist, she is known for her defining trait: An extremely Chaotic Neutral alignment
    Stonehelm, Bedelia - Bedelia lives in Elwind Mountains, where she was born, raised, and wed to Eoghan. Together they had a son, Oscar, who 10 years ago became a foreign exchange student in Arcania. She wrote to him of his father's passing.
    Stonehelm, Eoghan - Eoghan was a brave Dwarven warrior, with a wife in Bedelia and a son in Oscar. After his son left for Arcania, he unfortunately passed away from illness 15 months ago. He was given a traditional Dwarven funeral with full battle honours.
    Stonehelm, Oscar - Oscar is an apprentice Blacksmith in Arcania, and is friends with Igon, Steph, and Rain. He generally has an upbeat attitude and believes strongly in iron and steel over magic and mysticism, though he was deeply saddened by the passing of his father, and wishes he had been there when he died.
    Vietmaghn, Lucrezia - Lucrezia is Arthur's ex-wife. They were married for one month before it came out that she had an affair during their honeymoon, which produced the twins Lex and Rain, and Arthur filed a divorce. Since then, her whereabouts have been largely unknown.
    Vietmaghn, Lex - Lex grew up on the outer fringes of the city, only just inside the defensive wall. He was a talented scribe, though the occasional hint of his Warlock capabilities earned him persistent taunting. He eventually managed to find himself a prestigious occupation as the assistant to Councilman Lawrence.
    I'm probably not going to be able to get another comic out today, so you'll have to settle for some OOC (Out Of Comic) exposition
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-02-09 at 07:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

2 questions... Why is one one the lines dotted and why are some of them ghost like... are they the dead ones?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Lines dotted probably = not married.

The second point is explained in Lying's post though. Greyed out = Not in the story or dead. Though the X- eyes seem to imply dead.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

You were right, He has started a trend.

Some Age-old history backstory on Yeril is in the works..

Heres a preview of somone who will be the "center" of the comic.

Yerils Great great great ect.ect. obscure relative..

Yeh'Rialle the Protector

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Correct, dotted line equals either Unmarried or Divorced.

Now, I don't know of any yellow dragons, so I'll assume this means that Yeril is descended from a Gold (Therefore Good) dragon.

@V I'm planned right up to the fall of Sildyu
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-11-13 at 03:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Correct, dotted line equals either Unmarried or Divorced.

Now, I don't know of any yellow dragons, so I'll assume this means that Yeril is descended from a Gold (Therefore Good) dragon.
    Yus, I wanted to make the dragon look like Yeril, but making a copper dragon looked too orange, a red dragon too red, but a gold dragon was just enough yellow.

That and its already been stated in the comic that Yeril decended from a Fire-type dragon so gold was the logical option, Ive got a vauge story in my head so Im gonner start planning out the few comic strips in alittle.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Yeril View Post
    Yeh'Rialle the Protector
    Why is he has smoking charred tail tip? is it a reference to Charrizard?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

I was working on figuring out Sildyu's build for Statting ABR, threw this together (Since she's important enough to deserve one, really).

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Epic.
    Tornatar by Serpentine.
    [Images removed - total image heights too high]
    Original Tornatar by Threeshades. Second Tornatar by The Chilli God. Demonized Tornatar by Threeshades.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Page 3 now, and a bit more between the social circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    This is so awesome BedMon! Perhaps even more so the P'n'G!!! okay... maaayybbee not as awesome as that, but still pretty awesome!
    Elaborate. Was ist das "P'n'G"?
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-11-14 at 05:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

This is so awesome, I recon you could easely get away with using this as a real web comic... tho you might get sude (is that how you spell it?) for coppeing the drawing style...

And one more question, are you a wizard or a scorceror? I'm assuming scorseror, but just wanted to check... unless your a elementalist... in which case, what type of elemental are you?

EDIT: Fear my typoes and incorect spellings!!! *throws dictionary at random people*
    Last edited by Nameless; 2007-11-14 at 12:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

This is so awesome, I recon you could easely get away with using this as a real web comic... tho you might get sude (is that how you spell it?) for coppeing the drawing style...
    You can't copywright an art style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    You can't copywright an art style.
    Blah blah blah...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

This is so awesome, I reckon you could easily get away with using this as a real web comic... though you might get sued (is that how you spell it?) for copying the drawing style...

And one more question, are you a wizard or a sorcerer? I'm assuming sorcerer, but just wanted to check... unless your an elementalist... in which case, what type of elemental are you?

EDIT: Fear my typoes and incorrect spellings!!! *throws dictionary at random people*
    As Commie says, you can't copyright an art style. If you could, half the Renaissance would have been legal battles If I copied his work and then passed it off as my own, then it's a crime because I'd be passing off copyrighted material, but if I made it myself, imitating his style, without any of his characters or other proprietary materials, it's fine.

Ultimate Magus, so both Wizard and Sorcerer. That's just one side of it though.

Seriously, what's "P'n'G"?
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-11-14 at 12:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Page 3 now, and a bit more between the social circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Elaborate. Was ist das "P'n'G"?
    P'n'G is probably the worlds crudest online-web comic in the world and is drawn buy me. Malfuctioned (is supposed to) help(s) with the idea's and script (and spellings) .

It's done completely buy hand and has no computer edditing.
    (appart from every 10 or so issues where it is actually colourd on photoshop or fireworks)
    Last edited by Nameless; 2007-11-14 at 12:13 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

P'n'G is probably the worlds crudest online-web comic drawn buy me, and Malfuctioned (is supposed to) help(s).

It's done completely buy hand and has no computer edditing.
    (appart from every 10 or so issues where it is actually colourd on photoshop or fireworks)
    Your spelling wasn't nearly that bad before, unless I am just noticing it now.
    Oh yeah Lying, did you get my PM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

[QUOTE=Lyinginbedmon;3518104]
    Ultimate Magus, so both Wizard and Sorcerer. That's just one side of it though.[QUOTE]

What is that, a Prc? and how does that work, do you not need a spell book, but still have the choice of spells that gives or what?

I feel so uninformed

Edit: @V sounds unnecessarily complicated
    Last edited by Wolfman42666; 2007-11-14 at 12:58 PM.
    offical catalogger of all the reasons why single word spells should not take more than one page for the fanclub

"and now for something totaly different"
    "go grace!"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Ultimate Magus is a prestige class from Complete Mage that blends prepared (Wizard) with spontaneous (Sorcerer) casting, it even allows you to add spellbook spells to your spells known and gives a CL boost to both to make up the difference from getting the levels to enter it, most importantly it allows you to burn prepared spell slots to add metamagic to spontaneous spells.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-11-14 at 12:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, here are a few questions and observations:

-Is Lex the guy in KPenguins Story, making a deal with Sildyu?
    -Is 'Igon Minoblendy' meant to be an anagram of 'Lyinginbedmon'
    -Is there any chance of us seeing Incendulus in this story? Because you have permission to use him.
    Spoiler: plotgoblin.tumblr.com
    Show

(for updates when new comics are posted and occasional rambling commentary)

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireDrake View Post
    Okay, here are a few questions and observations:

-Is Lex the guy in KPenguins Story, making a deal with Sildyu?
    -Is 'Igon Minoblendy' meant to be an anagram of 'Lyinginbedmon'
    -Is there any chance of us seeing Incendulus in this story? Because you have permission to use him.
    1. Maybe, maybe not #red flash of light#
    2. Yes, but the real story is how he got it there (The extra "O" is to form a sentence, "O(h)! Lyinginbedmon!")
    3. Elaborate on Incendulus, my memory is full of hardware component installation photos today (That'd be 2 consecutive Applied ICT lessons for ya')

I learned something somewhat disturbing actually whilst looking up names meanings to stick a name together (Haizea for example is Basque for "Wind", whilst Igon is Basque for "Ascension"), I discovered that Oscar is an English/Irish name meaning "Deer Lover"
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-11-14 at 03:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

I recall saying I was aiming for 1 comic/week, yet I already have 3...

Don't worry, I'm not thinking I have 2 weeks to not post another comic I'll probably have another comic out tomorrow, with an important twist!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Page 4, and the Siege of Arcania begins.
    Spoiler
    Show

The penultimate frame would have been grander, but the items in it were causing worrying amounts of superlag as it was.

So everyone knows: The big important parts of the city use hidden combination locks that you have to use Telekinesis or Mage Hand or a similar spell to manipulate. The precise mechanisms inside the lock are animated to alter according to a precise formula, which only the Councilmen know. The door to city hall is a less-secure mechanism because it's less important than, say, the shield generator or the city gates.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

1. Maybe, maybe not #red flash of light#
    2. Yes, but the real story is how he got it there (The extra "O" is to form a sentence, "O(h)! Lyinginbedmon!")
    3. Elaborate on Incendulus, my memory is full of hardware component installation photos today (That'd be 2 consecutive Applied ICT lessons for ya')

I learned something somewhat disturbing actually whilst looking up names meanings to stick a name together (Haizea for example is Basque for "Wind", whilst Igon is Basque for "Ascension"), I discovered that Oscar is an English/Irish name meaning "Deer Lover"
    Incendulus is my character's great grandad. He was the General of Sildyu's Dragon Armies, and he chose to follow her, as opposed to being forced by the talismen.

And is that Sildyu in the latest comic
    Spoiler: plotgoblin.tumblr.com
    Show

(for updates when new comics are posted and occasional rambling commentary)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireDrake View Post
    And is that Sildyu in the latest comic
    No, that's her cousin Nimhelvin, her chief diplomat and messenger.

Sildyu looks more like this

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    I was thinking of showing Syldu's uncle, the one who tried to craft a 6th key, to control all the other keys, but went mad because of the keys powers, and fled to a secret location.
    How is that even productive? The keys themselves aren't powerful, the Talisman is
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2007-11-15 at 04:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

I was thinking of showing Syldu's uncle, the one who tried to craft a 6th key, to control all the other keys, but went mad because of the keys powers, and fled to a secret location.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Goody Goody Gum Drops!!!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh?

Oh, and the forces present in Frame 7 are:
    30 Dragons of 6 denominations (Black, Brass, Copper, Gold, Red, White)
    40 Golden Forest archers
    40 Grand Tusk berserkers
    40 Pericle Island soldiers

That's not the sum total of the Moon Elf army, naturally, just the portion I could fit in the frame without needing to purposefully Frankenstein my computer

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post

The second point is explained in Lying's post though. Greyed out = Not in the story or dead. Though the X- eyes seem to imply dead.
    Oh Thanks

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Oooh Anagram name. Cunning. I like it so far.