New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

C 345

That shell armor is a series of shells, while I was thinking of armor made from 1 specimen's shell, to fit 1 humanoid. I have nothing specific in mind -- I just thought I might get a creative response. Thanks for the Stormwrack reference.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 349

For editing the Barbarian base class, what would be a good way to add a natural bite attack into the normal progression of the base class?

3. - Top - End - #603

Quote Originally Posted by CannonAlchemist View Post
    R:348?

I need an alchemist class.The one I want is based on FMA.I am having an headache limiting the transmutations yet allowing the players to mix and match.Help!!oh I am a first time DM too.And please be fast.Thank you.
    C 348

Not mine but I always liked the one here. I am assuming you wanted one in 3.5. If you wanted one in 4e, then I would suggest the Transmuter from this site.

Okay, so I did no work. I still say these work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungKing View Post
    R 349

For editing the Barbarian base class, what would be a good way to add a natural bite attack into the normal progression of the base class?
    C 349

I've seen this done two or three ways.

1. A halfling rogue a buddy of mine played. He had a bite attack that dealed 1d4, but he needed to kill and eat at least one humanoid a day. If he went a day without it, he'd go berzerk and attack the other PCs, thinking they were monsters and try to eat them. This was just a flavor thing.
    2. I'd say make it an alternative to Trap Sense. Get rid of Trap Sense from his progression and get rid of Fast Movement. Allow him to have a Bite attack that progresses for damage like a Monk's Unarmed Strike damage. Also, at 10th level, allow the barbarian to choose one of three abilities to use while raging with his bite attack.
      • Filth Fever (Ex): While raging, when the barbarian hits with a successful bite attack, the target contracts Filth Fever with the following changes: the incubation is 1 round, and the DC to shake it off is (10 + Barbarian's Con modifier + 1/2 barbarian level). At 15th level, the barbarian may choose between Filth Fever or Shakes. At 20th, the barbarian may choose between Filth Fever, Shakes or Slimy Doom. With Shakes and Slimy Doom, make the following changes: they are both Injury diseases, they have the same DC as Filth Fever does (10 + 1/2 barbarian's level + barbarian's Constitution modifier), and they have an incubation period of 2 rounds for Shakes and 3 rounds for slimy doom. The barbarian may do this up to (his Constitution modifier) times each rage.
      • Venom (Ex): While raging, the barbarian may apply a poison onto his teeth by accumulating the toxins in his body and focusing them to his mouth. This is like if the barbarian used Medium Spider Venom with the following change: the DC is (10 + 1/2 barbarian's level + barbarian's Constitution modifier). At 15th level, the barbarian may choose between the effects of Medium Spider Venom or Wyvern Poison. At 20th, the barbarian may choose between Medium Spider Venom, Wyvern Poison, Dragon Bile (except as an Injury poison, not a Contact poison) or Giant Wasp Poison. They all have the same DC (10 + 1/2 barbarian's level + barbarian's Constitution modifier). The barbarian may do this up to (his Constitution modifier) times each rage.
      • Acidic Bile (Ex): The barbarian, while raging, may vomit up pure bile onto his enemy while biting them. When the barbarian makes a successful bit attack, he may choose to add on 1d6 of acid damage to his bite damage. The target also takes 1d6 acid damage at the start of its turn for a number of rounds equal to the barbarian's Strength modifier. At 15th level, the acid deals 1d8 and at 20th level, the acid deals 2d6. The barbarian may do this up to (his Constitution modifier) times each rage.

I will admit that's off the top of my head.
    3. You could pick a race with a bite attack. That could work.

Just my 2 cp.
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2009-06-17 at 07:53 AM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

[QUOTE=alchemyprime;6306542]C 348

Not mine but I always liked the one here. I am assuming you wanted one in 3.5. If you wanted one in 4e, then I would suggest the Transmuter from this site.

Okay, so I did no work. I still say these work.

c 349

Those two was not exatly what I wanted.I needed an alchemist class that allows the player to be creative in transmutations alchemyprime.

Oh I am going to start a thread posting what I have got and asking for help.

I have started that thread it is very little but it is all I have got without balancing issues I can see.
    The threads name is Need help with alchemist class inspiried by FMA.Base class 4e.Like the name implies,I NEED HELP!
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2009-06-23 at 04:12 AM.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Request 350

I recently read the reviews of an RPG, "Fairy Meat" and would love to see a new sprite: cannibal fairy. I'm guessing it would be similar to a pixie but would be Tiny in size and would have alternate special abilities. No invisibility for example.

You could have a swarm of these murderous sprites whose favorite food is other sprites (and even other fey).

Any takers?

One more thing: the SRD has a chart for increase the size of monsters but does anyone know of a chart that decreases the size for monster?

Debby

P.S. on second thought maybe they should have memory loss and sleep arrows. Of course they could have other arrows too even poison arrows as long as they themselves are immune to the poison. After all they eat their prey!
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2009-06-19 at 01:46 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

6. - Top - End - #606
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I need some interesting clockwork monsters . MOst of the ones presented in the MM's are golems with special attacks. Sorry if this is a bit vauge.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

R 351

3.5:
    I'm looking for a magic weapon property that is a +1 equivalent and is an appropriate power for a "finisher."

There is a cleric in our group who consistently lands the final blow in combat, whether by spell or weapon. It is almost never purposeful, but it has happened by blind luck so many times I want to make it a recognized thing and wrap it into an upcoming magic item reward. So far the best I've come up with is maybe some kind of deathwatch effect, or an automatic damage bonus to opponents with a certain level of HP left. And I'm not too worried about something that might be broken with Cleave, since our cleric won't be taking that feat.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Orc in the Playground

R 352

Looking for a CR 12 psionic monster themed around memories, preferably repressed memories.
    Credit to Mr_Saturn for the fantastic avatar.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

R353

For those of you who have played Bioshock, I would like a 3.5 stats for a new monster: the Bouncer Big Daddy, preferably in the CR 6-8 range. Aspects I would like to see:

Big Drill
    Roar
    Knockback
    Charge
    Construct type

If these abilities seem too powerful for the CR, leave them out. I am a fairly poor judge of power, so I don't know if this is too much.
    "I reject your reality, and subsitute my own" -Adam Savage

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

If this thread is not the place to request base class homebrews, where should such a request go? I've been beating my head against this particular wall for too long and a fresh perspective or two would be nice!
    Avatar by the incomparable araveugnitsuga!

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional Sage View Post
    If this thread is not the place to request base class homebrews, where should such a request go? I've been beating my head against this particular wall for too long and a fresh perspective or two would be nice!
    This is the correct place, yes.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    This is the correct place, yes.
    Ah, I'll skip that bit of Gorbash's instructions then.

R 354

I'm looking for a new base class which is an academic arcane caster. I can't believe that the adventuring wizard would have the same skill set and progression path as a cloistered Guild mage, nor that the adventurer is necessarily more frightening. Sure she's learned how to throw fireballs and bind demons to aid her, but knowledge is power; the adventurer applies others' discoveries rather than breaking new ground.

Anybody feel up to creating the Ivory Tower Mage who would make adventurers speak politely?

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalFumble View Post
    R 351

3.5:
    I'm looking for a magic weapon property that is a +1 equivalent and is an appropriate power for a "finisher."

There is a cleric in our group who consistently lands the final blow in combat, whether by spell or weapon. It is almost never purposeful, but it has happened by blind luck so many times I want to make it a recognized thing and wrap it into an upcoming magic item reward. So far the best I've come up with is maybe some kind of deathwatch effect, or an automatic damage bonus to opponents with a certain level of HP left. And I'm not too worried about something that might be broken with Cleave, since our cleric won't be taking that feat.
    C 351

Deathwatch doesn't seem to be quite right; perhaps Death Knell, with a small tweak of fluff to override the alignment issue? Rather than absorbing the life force of the slain foe, she is given a surge of power by her deity.
    Last edited by Occasional Sage; 2009-06-24 at 01:48 AM. Reason: bolding

14. - Top - End - #614
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional Sage View Post
    C 351

Deathwatch doesn't seem to be quite right; perhaps Death Knell, with a small tweak of fluff to override the alignment issue? Rather than absorbing the life force of the slain foe, she is given a surge of power by her deity.
    To be quite frank, we usually toss the (enemy) minis off the table once they hit negatives. Except for rare occasions when the party wants a captive, nobody cares whether the enemies are unconscious or dead, so I stop keeping track. Our finisher is the one who consistently knocks the opponents negative to begin with.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

To be quite frank, we usually toss the (enemy) minis off the table once they hit negatives. Except for rare occasions when the party wants a captive, nobody cares whether the enemies are unconscious or dead, so I stop keeping track. Our finisher is the one who consistently knocks the opponents negative to begin with.
    I think it should be a death knell effect that goes off when an enemy hits the negatives from the finisher's attack. Example: Finisher hits Goblin with 5 HP left. Goblin takes 6 damage and goes to -1 and unconsciousness. Finisher ability then activates and drains life from Goblin and gives it to Finisher.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    I think it should be a death knell effect that goes off when an enemy hits the negatives from the finisher's attack. Example: Finisher hits Goblin with 5 HP left. Goblin takes 6 damage and goes to -1 and unconsciousness. Finisher ability then activates and drains life from Goblin and gives it to Finisher.
    Hmm... This is going to sound a little 4e, but would a spontaneous casting of cure light wounds when dropping an opponent below zero be approriate for +1? This is beefier than a deathknell effect, but I like that it will work against undead and summoned enemies.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... This is going to sound a little 4e, but would a spontaneous casting of cure light wounds when dropping an opponent below zero be approriate for +1? This is beefier than a deathknell effect, but I like that it will work against undead and summoned enemies.
    That's pretty powerful for a +1. A comparison ability is Bodyfeeder. A +3 that heals the user for the amount of damage it deals only on critical hits.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zaryn View Post
    R344

Any good Shaman classes other then spirit shaman, I felt it was too weak.
    I made a Shaman class a bit back, based on what a shaman leader of a barbaric tribe would be.

Here's a link.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

19. - Top - End - #619
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

C 354

I really enjoy Jane_Smith's version of the Wizard. It is truly the adventuring Wizard.
    "We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
    -Tyler Durden

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Samuel Johnson

"Valar Morghulis"

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zaryn View Post
    C 354

I really enjoy Jane_Smith's version of the Wizard. It is truly the adventuring Wizard.
    But I'm wanting a not-adventuring wizard!

21. - Top - End - #621
    Firbolg in the Playground

I need class features for a potion based alchemist. I have Magic of Eberron and am planning on using some of the abilities, i need thing for normal alchemy not for actual potions, although some offensive options would be useful.

Thanks in advance

22. - Top - End - #622
    Banned

R120.
    Ok, I'm looking for a PRC. I want it to be called the "Confectiomancer" (based on the thread by Vorple tribble about Peanut butter golems, and inspired by the various treat-like monsters) it should be full casting (the spells on its list should be all food related) and it should have a "tasty" theme. Maybe a compaion-like thing that is a type-of-food golem? Go wild

23. - Top - End - #623
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll take R. 120, but it may be awhile. If anyone else wants to give this a shot, go ahead.
    Last edited by sankai; 2009-06-27 at 08:55 PM.
    Peace, Yin-yangs and Belgium Wafflemakers!

Kudos to Ahp77 for the awesome avatar!

24. - Top - End - #624
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

R.356

I'm looking for 1-2 races for my campaign setting of Airiu. The setting in influenced by Celtic Religion, druidic tradition, and ongoing diplomatic war, mediated by a group of archetypal adventurers called "The Sacred Band."

One of the races should be martial-oriented, and relatively "fae", insofar as appearance and traditions, maybe in type. Try to keep the LA low, if at all. The next race, if you've got time, should be relatively spirit-like, beings from "beyond", with human traits. Same deal, but more mystically linked.

Thanks in advance to anybody who does these! Expect cookies and chocolate milk!!!
    Last edited by fetfet; 2009-06-30 at 04:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm looking for a d20 modern super hero ruling. Originally, I figured I'd do whatever with the additional gaining of invocations as a warlock, but does anyone have any ideas on how to rule this?
    The Crimson Drake by Crimmy

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #626
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am looking for .... something rather odd.

You all know the artifacts - the Orbs of Dragonkind, no? I want a... modified set of 'balls'.

Inspired by an old, old game called Legend of Dragoon I feel in love with in my younger years, basically these artifacts allowed the wearer to imbue themselves with the spirits of the dragons of the orbs. These orbs are only sentient via empathy and are not that intelligent - more or less you can feel their rage, peace, etc of nearby things and actions. Nor do they have ego scores in which to manipulate you; you control them fully.

When used, for a limited amount of time, you get access to spell-like abilities, supernatural powers, flight, magical set of armor (im thinking of the spell from Forgotten Realms, Silver Dragon Mail, whenever you activate an orb that replaces your current armor, but your old armor returns when it goes off). Not to mention the able to manipulate dragons of the same color as the spirit orb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaMWwEgSYuo (In its day it was an awesome game - it was only forgotten because it was created at the same time as FF 7... thus it got mostly ignored by the giant FF crowd. x.x)
    Last edited by Jane_Smith; 2009-06-28 at 01:17 AM.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Dwarf in the Playground

R104 359

Simple: I need a name for a Small psionic race. It's a manufactured thrall race that is currently in the middle of an uprising. It looks humanoid, but is basically made from nonliving material with a psicrystal taped to the forehead.

The country is sort of like... 'US Southwest Cowboy Sort Of Time Period, But With Psionics!'.

I am so bad at names help :c
    Last edited by Karma Guard; 2009-06-29 at 02:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #628

Jane smith i will take your homebrew request, i just have to remember what all of them do, what color is the earth orb going to represent? Do ou also need an omega?

Pm me the response please

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

R.123

I would like somebody to write up the stats for a duck, in the style of the animal entries in the monster manual. Thanks in advance.
    - I like the world. Some of my best evilness took place here. I wouldn't mind ruling it, in fact.
    - Nah, Teevo is helping me edit my submission to "World's Funniest Protagonist Deaths"
    - Badass. REALLY badass.

Nominated for Xykon in the Playground:

Official Biophiliac of the Xykon fan club.

REALLY badass avatar by Dr.Bath

30. - Top - End - #630
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Froogleyboy View Post
    R120.
    Ok, I'm looking for a PRC. I want it to be called the "Confectiomancer" (based on the thread by Vorple tribble about Peanut butter golems, and inspired by the various treat-like monsters) it should be full casting (the spells on its list should be all food related) and it should have a "tasty" theme. Maybe a compaion-like thing that is a type-of-food golem? Go wild
    first time reposted