New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Wadledo's Weirdly Warbling Watercress Watching Washing Machine Only Random Banter

So?
    A little while ago there was this thing called Jenny Benner? Gender Bender? Yes; Gender Bender week.
    Gender bent Hermes. And it can work. I think I have some Curlys' based on male things.
    Remember the Medusa-kitten? Hero from that is male. But there's Curly.
    Or my Roman Legionary?
    There is no such thing as wholly male. If you want a Goddess of Thieves have one.

@DRider: It was nusually spiteful of her. It must have taken her entire computer time. But then I worked out that it'd take 30s for one page. So, two pages a min = forty mins overall.
    I had to acknowledge the ingenuity and only thwacked her head.

@Bath: trains bore me; planes terrify me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wadledo's Weirdly Warbling Watercress Watching Washing Machine Only Random Banter

Perseus, wasn't it? But then again, he didn't get turned to stone. Not forgetting Freddie Mercury, Eros, The Thinker, the Vitruvian man(Curly), Thief and Jack Skellington.

I like trains. They're peaceful and I almost never travel alone, so rarely boring. Why a fear of planes? Is it just the fact you're sitting a metal box which is only staying aloft due to a mostly unknown phenomena which involves travelling very fast? Is that it?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Banned

I like trains.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... London. Trains. Trains in London... Like? ... What? Seriously? ... What? Do you travel by train often? Do you believe that trains actually have enough seats to seat the people wanting to ride them or something? Sure, peaceful travel... If it wasn't for all the other people on the train, sure...

Along the non sequitur theme, I would just like to say.... Wait, no.... It's gone. Sorry. Completely forgot.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

Perseus, wasn't it? But then again, he didn't get turned to stone. Not forgetting Freddie Mercury, Eros, The Thinker, the Vitruvian man(Curly), Thief and Jack Skellington.

I like trains. They're peaceful and I almost never travel alone, so rarely boring. Why a fear of planes? Is it just the fact you're sitting a metal box which is only staying aloft due to a mostly unknown phenomena which involves travelling very fast? Is that it?
    No, it's the badgers.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

I like trains too!!! But then I don't live in London, I hear they are a bit scary down there...and this ONE company I keep hearing of *shudders* not like good ol' Northern Line - Thats my baby!!

But im not scared of planes...in fact I like most types of transport except when raving loonies sit next to me and preach...yes it happens alot...im a loony magnet!
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... London. Trains. Trains in London... Like? ... What? Seriously? ... What? Do you travel by train often? Do you believe that trains actually have enough seats to seat the people wanting to ride them or something? Sure, peaceful travel... If it wasn't for all the other people on the train, sure...

Along the non sequitur theme, I would just like to say.... Wait, no.... It's gone. Sorry. Completely forgot.
    In London? No, I only use overground if I really have to. It's the tube normally for me. Then again, I've travelled twice a day on the tube since I was eight, so I'm kind of desensitised. Trains that go from say. . . London to Birmingham are alright. Or London to Lancashire. (Expensive though)

@Ranna, the northern line on the underground is evils. EVILS. Made of horror and broken down. Luckily I only have to use if I want to visit any of my friends.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

I <3 planes. 6 flights total, there and back, last time I went somewhere... and every time I got on, I figured I probably was going to die. Scary as wombating hell on a stick, but... you can't beat the view.

And ooh... swanky avatar, Curly... man, I wish I had my own, like, personal avatarist (oh, wait, I AM my own avatarist... crap >.>). Jeeze... first Llama, and now you... this is not fair. Heheh.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

8. - Top - End - #428

It was Perseus.

Trains: I've used trains exactly five times in my entire life. Dull; and frankly I'm slightly OCD when it comes to trains. I have an overwhelming fear of getting on the wrong train; missing the train or getting on the right train but the wrong stop, not meeting my friend on the train . . .
    Any combination really.

Planes: to quote a friend: "It's fifty or more tonnes of metal and thingies flying through the air hoping gravity doesn't notice the anomaly and bring it crashing down to the ground in a fiery ball of flame death and burning things."
    Not my cup of tea. I backed out of a trip that I'd fully paid for because of plane fear. And flying fear.

More trains: Virgin Trains. SW trains. Good, but so many delays. No point catching them except when going Plymouth. The trip to Plymouth took two years.
    It took my best friend two years to convince me to go there. Two years to convince me to get on a train and not get off at local city. AND meet a riend getting on at a totally different stop.

EDIT: What's wrong with me having the Prince of Avataring kindly making avvies for me? And this is my favourite God/Goddess yet. Exclusivity is fun.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-03-31 at 11:48 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #429

There are trains in my country, but they're usually far away from the coast (where i live) i don't really like them, since last time, i had to seat near a bag of potatoes. who was hogging the window seat....

also, i'm currently sick, starting to get college stress, and frustrated that i can't make decent pointy shoes on Inkscape, since i haven't even found a reference....

and it's still sunny here...makes me wish for that eye operation, so i'll be finally able to wear sunglasses and shades....

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    also, i'm currently sick, starting to get college stress, and frustrated that i can't make decent pointy shoes on Inkscape, since i haven't even found a reference....
    Nothing with Google Images?

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

11. - Top - End - #431

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    Nothing with Google Images?
    lotsa RL stuff.... but none OoT-type ones...

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    There are trains in my country, but they're usually far away from the coast (where i live) i don't really like them, since last time, i had to seat near a bag of potatoes. who was hogging the window seat....
    Where I live we have busses. They're okay, but I never use them; mostly because it's easier just to walk or bike everywhere.

and it's still sunny here...makes me wish for that eye operation, so i'll be finally able to wear sunglasses and shades....
    I love sunglasses. I have this really awesome pair with iridescent lenses. Sadly, it seems as if we only have sun here about 5 months of the year... But in summer, my shades and I are inseparable.
    silver

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

@Jibar. I made the Catmuffin as Mr. Scruffy and Mr. Scruff loves catmuffin avatars for the Mr. Scruffy itp contest. So, ha!
    This is true, and 'tis a shame I did not win that award.
    Though I still have Aberration in the Playground. The first contest I truly competed in, and also the one where I was nominated for 3 catagories.

I may take you up on that offer at some point Dr. Bath.

Saying your name inspires confidence in me.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

14. - Top - End - #434

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I may take you up on that offer at some point Dr. Bath.

Saying your name inspires confidence in me.
    DO eeeet.
    I've never regretted any of my Bathars. And he's a very good artist. Also concientious so you'll always get the best he could do.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lucky you...Didn't he stop taking avatar requests?
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Orc in the Playground

So I just got back from the eye doctors for a regular checkup. My eyes are fine and blah blah blah, but the odd thing is, he tells me "We've put some drops in your eyes that are going to make them quite dilated and make you sensitive to bright light, luckily its raining outside, but do you have sunglasses or something" Me, "yeah I do, in my car, etc etc" okay, so he says the last thing we have to do is check eye health. So he walks me to another room and says that I'll have to wait a little bit for the drops to wear off or something.

So he comes back in about 5 minutes and puts me in another chair and proceeds to check my 'eye health'. Guess how they do that? he shines a BRIGHT FREAKING LIGHT and says look FORWARD! ... nice one Doc... then you have to look up and to the right, left, down, right left and does this to both eyes!

It reminds me of going to the dentist and having them ask you questions that I'm somehow supposed to answer when you have tools in my mouth!

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLogic View Post
    So he comes back in about 5 minutes and puts me in another chair and proceeds to check my 'eye health'. Guess how they do that? he shines a BRIGHT FREAKING LIGHT and says look FORWARD! ... nice one Doc... then you have to look up and to the right, left, down, right left and does this to both eyes!
    You seriously never had your retina checked before? Basically, he has to see if there's errors in it. Widening the pupil helps to have a higher surface he can see, the light is needed to see any errors on the retina properly, especially small ones, which could still hinder your sight.
    I think it's usual to have this at least once per year? I've had it thrice in December.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CSK View Post
    You seriously never had your retina checked before? Basically, he has to see if there's errors in it. Widening the pupil helps to have a higher surface he can see, the light is needed to see any errors on the retina properly, especially small ones, which could still hinder your sight.
    I think it's usual to have this at least once per year? I've had it thrice in December.
    I'm sure I have, I just don't remember it. We do eye exams about every 2 years for whatever reason.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLogic View Post
    I'm sure I have, I just don't remember it. We do eye exams about every 2 years for whatever reason.
    2 years?
    Lucky.

Canape is a hilarious word, and I don't know what it means.

>,>
    <,<
    >,>
    Yip.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Lookbook. Lookbook. Yipyipyipyipyip. Oooooowh!

Very good, Mr. Jibar. Tres bien! I only have a vague recollection of the yipyips from my childhood. Yipyipyipyip.

21. - Top - End - #441

I have never been on a plane. That's right, you may start conducting studies on me now to see how I function without that, unless the people at GitP are different then RL peeps that is.

Me: I've never been on a plane.
    IRL People:WhaaaaAAAAt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ooooh, Zak is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death Knight by Threeshades, Werewolf Knight by boomwolf

22. - Top - End - #442

You haven't? I'm sorry! That's so sad.
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Aberration! Never been on a plane! Burn him and his entire bloodline!
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by Zakama View Post
    I have never been on a plane. That's right, you may start conducting studies on me now to see how I function without that, unless the people at GitP are different then RL peeps that is.

The food sucks, it's kinda cramped, and sometimes your ears hurt really bad while landing.

That being said the view makes it worth it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

25. - Top - End - #445

Quote Originally Posted by Zakama View Post

I haven't either...

Not that I really mind. IMO it's the destination that matters, travel isn't an end unto itself.
    silver

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rogue_Monk View Post
    I haven't either...

Not that I really mind. IMO it's the destination that matters, travel isn't an end unto itself.
    Awesome, lets start a club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ooooh, Zak is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death Knight by Threeshades, Werewolf Knight by boomwolf

27. - Top - End - #447

I haven't.
    I live on tiny (but cool) island that is Great Britain. No planes for me. Too scary.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #448

Great view on planes.
    I like the way the clouds look, when you're above them.

And the sea. The sea is great.

Everything else seems fake. Like toys.

@Curly:
    Great Britain isn't tiny! It's a big island!

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449

Tiny place.
    Lands' End to John O' Groats race anyone?

And planes are eeeeevil.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

*Is being hit several times in the head by a plane*
    Are they really bad? *recieves one straight hit on the nose*
    I haveb't doticed...

Anyhow, never been on a plane, but sister has!

Always wanted to fly one, though...
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show