New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Destro Yersul's Dangerously Distracting and Doubtlessly Disturbing Random Banter

It's for a story I'm planning out, I just wanted to know if there was any precious metals that could be used for decent weapons and armour, but it doesn't really matter, I probably won't finish the story. It's just a bit of fun while I'm bored and don't feel in the mood for video games.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Destro Yersul's Dangerously Distracting and Doubtlessly Disturbing Random Banter

Well, even iron/steel full plate is too heavy for most people to get up if they fall while wearing it. The term "coup de grace" was coined by the French who used the tactic of knocking English knights down and stabbing them through their visors while they flopped around helplessly on the ground. An average person probably couldn't even walk in gold armor.

A bit of filigree, on the other hand, was done by the really rich people.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2008-09-29 at 05:10 PM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Yer, plate's going to be a no-no in the story any how, don't like it.
    My new website/blog:

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

If you have precious metals, why would you use them in armour? Sell them for better armour. Gold, silver, and the like are all fairly useless as far as armour goes, their heavy and/or flexible and not much use for defending yourself.

No, better to use those precious metals to by reinforced ultra-strong armour.

Or guns. Guns are good too.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-09-29 at 05:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

Aye, that's what I'd do, but it was going to be a minor plot point, I don't want to explain it though, don't want to give it away, because this will probably be the place the story ends up, I have nowhere else for people to read it.

EDIT: No guns either.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-09-29 at 05:45 PM.
    My new website/blog:

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Bugbear in the Playground

Indeed gold and makes decent enough bullets, as they share much properties with lead, (soft and heavy) but its rather bloody useless in armor and weapons. But if were talking golden armor here what about galvanized (I think its called right?) armor, very strong metal defence with a chemically grafted layer of gold on top?
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Apparently, that man was/is a character from some comic whose only appearance was of him killing someone before they finished talking about him.
    So naturally, the internet says that anyone who says his name gets killed before they can finish their sentence.

So saying that name will get you killed quickly.
    Pah! I scorn such superstitious poppycock! Candlejack! Macbeth! *Walks across stage under ladders carrying flowers and whistling*

And you can all stop looking at me like that. Nothing at all is going to happen to me.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Orc in the Playground

I have successfully procured the bounded, word-covered 1100ish papered title "Les Miserables" to start reading again.

So... I need to start a list of good books to read. I seem to recall asking before but this time is for real!

What I've Read and Liked: Any Bradbury; Poe; Hamlet, Julius Caesar, Twelfth Night; To Kill A Mockingbird; Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit; Dune Series

So, based off that quick list, any suggestions to continue?

And, on a tangent, Firefly vs. Babylon 5, which one contains more awesome?
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Barbarian in the Playground

@^
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Lord of the Flies.
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

I arrive here and I hear you talking about an awesome reference I've always loved? And it seems like I've missed it? Aww, shucks. And here I was, prepared to give you all kind of facts about CandleJ
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

I've mentioned before that I love my subconscious. Now I'll have to mention this again.

So I had two dreams last night that were utter awesome. The first one was where my subconscious designed the most amazing roller coaster, and made it feel real. The coolest thing about it is that at one part, it went to a building that was designed to look under construction, so you thought you weren't gonna make it through the ride. That was scary, and therefore, awesome.

And then the next dream involved a few of my German relatives, a particular GitPer, and I, in a giant shopping mall in Germany. The GitPer got kidnapped, and probably murdered, but my dream never resolved this. I got to follow a trail of blood (making me think it was a murder), into an elevator to a penthouse apartment, but then the evil antagonist gassed the elevator, and I woke up.

All whilst my subconscious was playing Paul Simon's "I Know What I Know".
    I wish my subconscious was a person, so I could go out with it.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-09-30 at 04:24 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

12. - Top - End - #1302

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    I wish my subconscious was a person, so I could go out with it.
    Well, according to Jungian psychology you can. Or at least, the part of your subconscious named the 'anima' will strongly influence your choice of partners. (And will then, in turn, develop further under the influence of said partners.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    Well, according to Jungian psychology you can. Or at least, the part of your subconscious named the 'anima' will strongly influence your choice of partners. (And will then, in turn, develop further under the influence of said partners.)
    Hmm. Eeeenteresting.
    In my psychology class, we haven't gotten up to the structures of the mind (in that sense) yet...
    This avatar by Phase.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    It's for a story I'm planning out, I just wanted to know if there was any precious metals that could be used for decent weapons and armour, but it doesn't really matter, I probably won't finish the story. It's just a bit of fun while I'm bored and don't feel in the mood for video games.
    There's always gold-titanium alloy.

Geek fact: in a pre-modern society steel already is a rare and sought-after precious metal. Look at the sheer amount of energy, time and effort required to refine it from raw materials into a usable form, and then the (high status) uses to which it is put.

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Well, even iron/steel full plate is too heavy for most people to get up if they fall while wearing it. The term "coup de grace" was coined by the French who used the tactic of knocking English knights down and stabbing them through their visors while they flopped around helplessly on the ground.
    Nope, sorry.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-09-30 at 04:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1305

My bank balance spoke to me today.

"You know that game you've been wanting forever? Spore? Yeah. You're waiting until Janurary to get that! Look at the price! I'm not letting you get that until the price goes down after Christmas."
    "But... But I want it now!"
    "Tough luck."
    "But I saved for it!"
    "Yeah, but you spent so much of those savings on food..."

I am an expensive child to feed. But I didn't realise I bought that much food until today. It's not like my parents don't feed me... it's just like when I'm out in the city or whatever. Ugh. And now my friend's all like "nurr you shouldn't get it now anyway you'll regret it if the price goes down!"

I hate waiting.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

16. - Top - End - #1306

Quote Originally Posted by Griever View Post
    Babylon 5 naturally contains more awesome. It's hard for 14 episodes to beat 5 seasons. If you ask which has more concentrated awesome, however, then... well, then my brain might explode if I try to figure it out.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Griever View Post
    Firefly. Nothing can contain more awesome tham Firefly...It's physically, mentally, chemically, biologically, scientifically, religiously and xenuistically impossible.

Also, why the hell did I just come back into RB after 30 threads of not being in it...
    Last edited by Dispozition; 2008-09-30 at 05:43 AM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Two words : The Hobbit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #1309

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    My bank balance spoke to me today.

"You know that game you've been wanting forever? Spore? Yeah. You're waiting until Janurary to get that! Look at the price! I'm not letting you get that until the price goes down after Christmas."
    "But... But I want it now!"
    "Tough luck."
    "But I saved for it!"
    "Yeah, but you spent so much of those savings on food..."

I am an expensive child to feed. But I didn't realise I bought that much food until today. It's not like my parents don't feed me... it's just like when I'm out in the city or whatever. Ugh. And now my friend's all like "nurr you shouldn't get it now anyway you'll regret it if the price goes down!"

I hate waiting.
    Wait for whatever expansion will come and buy the unavoidable budget pack that has both the expansion and the game for about the same price as the game is now. Currently, its not worth it at all.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #1310

Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Wait for whatever expansion will come and buy the unavoidable budget pack that has both the expansion and the game for about the same price as the game is now. Currently, its not worth it at all.
    Hmm, you're right. Also, the copy protection bothers me...
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

21. - Top - End - #1311

On a completely different note;
    Bloody wisdom tooth, I don’t need you, I don’t even have the space for you, so stop burrowing your way trough my nerves. And when this one is done there still are two more to come.
    on the bright side, I wont be needing to hold something cool to it since I will be working in a cooled storage hall for the rest of the day.
    Last edited by YPU; 2008-09-30 at 06:07 AM.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

I know the feeling with wisdom teeth, YPU. Mine are usually okay, buit sometimes they can be really uncomfortable.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

I got lucky with those. My mouth has room for them. They still hurt occasionally, but I think they'll be fine from here on in.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

24. - Top - End - #1314

My wisdom teeth have yet to appear. They're still down in my gums, but when they show up I need to get them pulled. As if I didn't suffer enough with braces on my teeth for a year and a half. Man, I hated those things.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

25. - Top - End - #1315

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Pah! I scorn such superstitious poppycock! Candlejack! Macbeth! *Walks across stage under ladders carrying flowers and whistling*

And you can all stop looking at me like that. Nothing at all is going to happen to me.
    Says Thufir as he falls off the stage, breaks both legs; four very expensive violins, two mirrors (fourteen years bad luck there) and has a heavy sand bag fall on his head.
    There's another, very sensible reason not to whistle on stage. Stageheands used whistles as stage scenery signals. You could very well have had a sandbag/something very heavy drop on you.

Sadly, Thufir expired on the way to the hospital because he forgot to throw some salt he split (at lunch time) over his left shoulder.
    Silly boy. You may not believe in superstitions, but they believe in you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #1316

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Silly boy. You may not believe in superstitions, but they believe in you.
    What if my disbelief is strong than their belief?
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    What if my disbelief is strong than their belief?
    Then they gang up on you. And you end up tripping over a black cat and breaking your face.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

28. - Top - End - #1318

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Then they gang up on you. And you end up tripping over a black cat and breaking your face.
    Well I have flaunted superstition quite a few times. I think I saw a black cat while breaking a mirror and getting the number 13 tattooed onto me while standing under a ladder and nothing happened. Except that I needed the tattoo lasered off. But besides that I'm fine!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Orc in the Playground

My mouth had room for my Wisdom teeth, but my dentist yanked them anyway. Post-yank, I had very little pain despite the fact that it bled like a stuck pig until the stitches scabbed over.

Yes, I'll never forget either the ten shots of Novocaine in the mouth or the dentist telling me "If it starts to hurt, just raise your hand." Bloody hell, you're yanking at parts of my body and ripping nerves out! I'm not going to sit there politely and raise my hand (that you'll ignore) like a bleeding 2nd grader!
    Formerly known as Raven T.

Never bother a wizard when he's wizarding! -Harry Dresden

Body by Buddha, Yoshi by rtg0922.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

My dentist is my uncle so if he hurts me he faces the wrath of my parents and grandmother.