New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans! [still recruiting replacements]

Ok, you can vote for no-lynch today. But not tomorrow. I want to see death and bloodshed! Remove the wheat from the chaff! Kill! Kill!

Er, I mean, uh…

Arr and avast, mateys!
    EDIT: Oh, and day ends in about an hour, because that's my last chance to do it for a while. Also, we already have all votes and a majority, so I think that's pretty fair.
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-09-19 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

2. - Top - End - #62

Default Re: Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans! [game started, recruiting wait l

The fine folks in the village of Village aren't in a good mood. Their town has been the set for many a battle, and it seems this one is going to be the most confusing one of all. As they argue and bicker over who should get killed, a single blue-skinned man is shoved forward.
    "Let's lynch him!"
    "Yeah! That blue skin looks creepy!"
    As the mob surrounds him, Jontom Xire shouts out, "Hey, everyone! Slow down… er, I mean, arr and avast, mateys! It be Talk Like A Pirate day! We shouldn't be killin' aur feller pirates, we should be drinkin' grog!"
    "Let's drink grog!"
    "Yeah! I'm really thirsty!"
    Everyone goes to the tavern, gets drunk, and forgets about lynching anybody.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    No One was lynched. No one was a member of the invisible guild.
    [/joke]

Day ends, night begins.
    Night ends in about 25 hours.
    Send all night actions to Uncle Festy and that creepy pirate that's been following me around all day.
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-09-19 at 05:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans! [game started, recruiting wait l

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy
    Day ends, night begins.
    Night ends in about 25 hours.
    Send all night actions to Uncle Festy and that creepy pirate that's been following me around all day.
    You realise that 'creepy pirate' bit covers about half the boards at this moment in time?

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

The CKC salesman looks around and says "A town were logic can defuse a lynch mob amazing. Well this looks like a good place to try planting these gem flower seeds my company wants to test out: diamond daises, sapphire lilies, ruby roses, tiger's eye buttercups, amethyst haycinth... umm... anyway you'll become a center of gemstone commerce and I assure everyone the ecological damage shouldn't be too bad."
    With that the salesman goes off and starts some divination soup.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric View Post
    You realise that 'creepy pirate' bit covers about half the boards at this moment in time?
    Yes – this was because it was a joke.
    Update comes as soon as I can sort out what, exactly, happened.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66

So.
    Talk Like A Pirate Day may have ended, but the people of the village of Village were drinking long into the night, and the spirit of amiability lasted throughout. As everyone stumbled, drunk, back to their homes, no one was dead.

… Just kidding!
    The villagers were drinking into the next morning.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    No One was killed, even though he was lynched the previous day.

Night One ends, Day Two begins.
    Day Two ends Monday at Midnight GMT.

… I think. Probably. If all goes well.
    Results of night actions will be sent out momentarily.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

....No one died?
    *Gets paranoid about the plan he can't fathom that the wolves have going.*
    Last edited by detrevnisisiht; 2008-09-20 at 10:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by detrevnisisiht View Post
    ....No one died?
    *Gets paranoid about the plan he can't fathom that the wolves have going.*
    What wolves? This is Ultimate Chaos, there aren't any wolves. At least, probably not.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wait, I thought it was a werewolf game?

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by detrevnisisiht View Post
    Wait, I thought it was a werewolf game?
    In the last game, there was a group that got infinite refusible recruits and one unrefusible recruit per two nights that won when everyone was a member, a group with no special abilities that won when they predicted certain occurrences, a group with a bane per two members that won if they went two days and two nights without losing anyone, and a group with a scry, a bane, a kill, and a recruit that won once they figured out that their enemy didn't really exist. There generally aren't typical wolves.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well make my role seem sup-par on creativity.........

Well, I'll try and stay alive and hope all is made well in this slightly baffling game.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy
    this is a werewolf style game. An irregular one, yes, but still werewolf.
    Or does that just mean that we point at a lynchee and have win conditions?

Also, my role seems really boring in comparison.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2008-09-20 at 11:20 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #73
    Halfling in the Playground

Umm, so we're not allowed to vote for not lynching anyone?

I vote we ought to lynch the most blood thirsty amongst us - like people who push band wagons just so that someone dies. They may have a win condition that involves getting people killed, so we ought to do it to them before they do it to us.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Umm, so we're not allowed to vote for not lynching anyone?

I vote we ought to lynch the most blood thirsty amongst us - like people who push band wagons just so that someone dies. They may have a win condition that involves getting people killed, so we ought to do it to them before they do it to us.
    Would you be risking looking violent yourself?

15. - Top - End - #75

Maybe we should just start voting?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

What about nobody votes and we all get autolynch warning but at least there's no lynchee again? We can postpone the dirty work by a day!
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

No lynch usally isn't an option in WW games (like this one for example), and it normally wouldn't make sense anyway, so players who were not in the last game would want to push any bandwagon that wasn't aimed at their themsleves, or their team if they started with a network.
    That might work Murska, but I'm not sure Festy would like us circumventing the rules. And he might decide to kill some of us anyway... so Festy what do you say?
    Last edited by Lamech; 2008-09-21 at 01:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #78

If you all want to risk getting autolynched because you forgot to post one day, or risk letting one person make a point and decide the day's lynch, be my guest.
    In other words, I'd really rather you didn't. But, whatever. Easier for me to figure out the lynch, anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I don't feel right circumventing the rules if Festy says he prefers we didn't so unless I find some good evidence to the contrary Shadowcaller, seems like as good a target as any.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2008-09-21 at 05:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

20. - Top - End - #80

We need to kill someone if we're ever going to get any information, so Griever.
    Last edited by PirateMonk; 2008-09-21 at 03:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Well obviously I join the second bandwagon.
    We can't wait another day for a lynch so lets just lynch someone and see who comes up shall we? Griever
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-09-21 at 03:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, let's not lynch the CKC member whose win condition merely relies on getting information, Shadowcaller.
    Last edited by Griever; 2008-09-21 at 03:04 PM.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Griever View Post
    Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, let's not lynch the CKC member whose win condition merely relies on getting information, Shadowcaller.
    Well then I guess I will change my vote if your victory condition don't threaten mine. Lamech instead then since he started my bandwagon.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

I do not like any of these bandwagons, like, at all. Lord Fullbladderfor being cryptic and perhaps implying in one of his posts that his win condition might be someone's death.
    Last edited by Murska; 2008-09-21 at 04:29 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Mustiado, what say you?
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Lord Fullbladder, then. He did sort of imply that if he survives for a while he's going to start killing. I'm not sure if he meant at night or by influencing the lynch somehow, but I don't really see any other good option yet.

Subject to change if there's a decent reason.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-09-21 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #87

Piratemonk

Cos the TV told me to.

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

28. - Top - End - #88

Well, sure, if we have to kill someone, let's kill in the name of not killing!

Lord Fullbladder
    Last edited by GAThraawn; 2008-09-22 at 12:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by GAThraawn View Post
    Well, sure, if we have to kill someone, let's kill in the name of not killing!
    Hooray for double standards!

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Griever View Post
    What is this "CKC"?

Lord Fullbladder, I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show