New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    more like if i zapped the floor here, and the exterior wall there, and knocked loudly on my bosses door...

instant promotion!
    *thinks back to "Strangers on a Train"*

So Archonic, got any files you need shifted about the place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    So I spend a month working on my drama in the background. I'm fleshing it all out, making all these plans for multimedia, doing my research to make it all correct. I'm trying my best to make this play I don't like the best it can be.
    Now, I'm not an assertive fellow or one who has any shred of self confidence, so I'm doing all this in secret. When everybody else is sitting and arguing about where we're going or what we're doing, I'm sitting and writing about some idea in my book or fiddling with the lights to get the perfect hue. So when she looks through all our books, she comes to mine, looks at it and writes inside "These ideas are good. It's obvious you've really been working hard on it. You just have to share these with the group."
    So we sit down today, and I go over it all.
    And it's a no. From everybody.

Gee, thanks guys. I'm just gonna go back to not saying anything and fiddling with the lights.
    See you all in December, when maybe you'll have all agreed on something.
    Brilliant addition to an already horrid day.

Ugh.
    Well what can you do, eh Jib? It's unfortunately still illegal to kill the witless for their own good. At least your tutor has verifiably taken note that *you* workable ideas as early as October; that'll count for something.

(Now watch as your 'rejected' ideas miraculously re-emerge from the groupthink with all the serial numbers and distinguishing marks filed off over the next few weeks. Drama students - they're so funny when they think they're being cunning! )
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-17 at 10:30 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

I hate it when one has really good ideas and they don't make it through just because other people refuse to change things because it's inconvenient for them.

Just hang in there, Jibar. And try to make those ideas get through.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

DD, that is one really, really nice avatar you got there. Doctor Who ftw.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Firbolg in the Playground

It may say something, in that case, as I quite like Poisoning Pigeons in the Park.

But Koorly is ecstatic today. Reasons for so:
    • Today was Pink Day. So watching people was fun. And the outifts.
    • It is Friday so Best Friend could come to Classics today.
    • Best Friend had a top hat and I got to try it on for about half an hour. I looked snazzy with most of my pink hair tucked up in it.
    • Classics was a swipe and go lesson again so the Dark Side of the Classics Group + Best Friend went walkabout and sprayed our hair pink.
    • Except Velvet Coat Classics Friend. He bought a pack of pink post - it notes and stuck them to his hair; gave himself a moustache and goatee, put on the top hat and posed. And walked around in it.
    • It was amazing fun going walk - about instead of doing our set essay.
    • E Lit 'exam conditions timed essay' wasn't. We still did it but talked about things. The main topics of which I can't mention.
    • We spent a whole hour of Med His doing one crossword.

Best of all:
    • I got home; checked my UCAS thingy because of an email I got sent. Canterbury Christ have conditionally accepted me.

So ends the Reasons Why Koorly Is Happy Today list.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    It may say something, in that case, as I quite like Poisoning Pigeons in the Park.

But Koorly is ecstatic today. Reasons for so:
    • Today was Pink Day. So watching people was fun. And the outifts.
    One of my friends who was part of the fundraising came in a Pink Panther costume. All day. The guy's bonkers.

6. - Top - End - #1146

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    One of my friends who was part of the fundraising came in a Pink Panther costume. All day. The guy's bonkers.
    If he, or someone else, didn't take the opportunity to serenade (or hound) hi with the theme tune then they wasted a golden plated, diamond encrusted opportunity there.
    And it is bonkers; must've been sweltering.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

In other news, I skipped pep rally, read the entirety of Empire of Ivory, finished Dragon Wing, got semi-molested by a short, perky red-head, defended someone smaller than me, am somewhat considering going to the dance tomorrow, and am way to tired to bother walking to the library to pick up the fifth Naomi Novik book from the library.

Edit: Oh, and I can use the computer again.

Edit:Edit: And it's my sisters birthday this weekend.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-10-17 at 02:25 PM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    If he, or someone else, didn't take the opportunity to serenade (or hound) hi with the theme tune then they wasted a golden plated, diamond encrusted opportunity there.
    He planned to, but I think that fell through, as there was no music when he crept into my Classics lesson today with people with buckets.

His next crazy feat: Going to the SU Halloween Party in full-out drag (hair removal cream, makeup, shaved head and wig, the lot) and try to get as many phone numbers as he can.

Then at the end of the night, there will be a big announcement and reveal.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

In other news, I'm out of new books again. Any recommendations from y'all? I'd like to expand my collection of fantasy novels, as it is painfully small. Things with omnibus editions are good.

Also: New OOTS for anyone that hasn't seen it.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2008-10-17 at 02:49 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #1150

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    In other news, I'm out of new books again. Any recommendations from y'all? I'd like to expand my collection of fantasy novels, as it is painfully small. Things with omnibus editions are good.

Fantasy . . . well, I define fantasy quite largely.
    Jostein Gaarder is a very good author. You might not see his work as fantasy, but it is and, plus it's quite philosphical/educational/makes you think one hell of a lot.
    Raymond E. Feist is pretty much a classics fantasy author. Read his Midkemia trilogy(?) that starts with Magician. Magician on its own is an amzing read anyway and can work as a simple stand - alone.
    Neil Gaiman: especially Neverwhere and Anansi Boys. Very dark and funny. If you like Pratchett you'll like it. On that track, if you haven't read Good Omens you need too.
    Lian Hearn's quintet set in a pseudo - medieval Japan (it has magic hence the pseudo) starting with Across the Nightingale Floor. The fifth book was recently published and 'completes the circle'. It's a kind of prequel, but still follows on from book four. This series is wonderfully written, so atmospheric and it will move you to tears or actually raging at the characters. It's so realistic in every way, even the magical elements are treated with sensible attitudes and more often than not the magic goes wrong.
    Oh, and by the magic is most often it really just knowing an extra fact. (I think Pratchett said that too).

EDIT:
    Seriously; Lean Hearn is brilliant. Read her work.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-10-17 at 03:21 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

How about the original Conan stories, my brother seems to think they're awesome, but they're more Sword and Sorcery than Fantasy.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post

As I just said, Naomi Novik's Temeraire series is good, if a little confusing at first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Greetings, everyone, from my honeymoon in Florida!

I'm on the computer at the hotel right now, and can't cover too many details yet, but so far my honeymoon adventures include two days at Disneyworld, feeding Alligators and Crocodiles, getting into a boxing match with the Atlantic Ocean (I lost...,) and kayaking through a Zoo.

I fly back to Oklahoma tomorrow and will likely post more then, with pictures!
    Ooh! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    As I just said, Naomi Novik's Temeraire series is good, if a little confusing at first.
    Yeah, awesome books. I really need to get the latest one though…
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll agree with Curly's Gaiman comment. I've only started reading his stuff recently but oh my they're good. As for Magican by Raymond E Feist. It was okay. Nothing particularly groundbreaking. But on the other hand it did get me to read all the others in that series.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I found my old set of harmonicas, blew the dust off, and proceeded to play 'When the Saints Go Marching In." Now, I have a splitting headache and feel like I might faint.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

16. - Top - End - #1156

So, any other American students around here who have to take the PSAT tomorrow? I just did a practice test, and it was pretty average even though I studied. At least the PSAT doesn't count
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

17. - Top - End - #1157

So, any other American students around here who have to take the PSAT tomorrow? I just did a practice test, and it was pretty average even though I studied. At least the PSAT doesn't count
    Tomorrow? We took it days ago. Good luck though.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Yea, I took my P/SAT's months ago.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Colossus in the Playground

Heehee...celtic punk rock. It's so much fun. Look up The Worst Pirate Song, it's awesome. In fact, the entire genre makes me giddy when I listen to it. The good songs, anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

dallas-dakota: Your avatar should be totally blue (slight different shades for features) with a boggly eye on the 'stalk'.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Man, I'm not allowed to wear any avatar but the cookiemonster, am I?
    Also, complain to Castaras, she made it!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

'Twas an old avatar, and I was giggling at the thought of Dallas being a dalek.

I don't think I have the program that made that dalek, actually...wasn't inkscape...
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

might it have been Macromedia Fireworks? We used that program a lot back in school.

And thank ye for the suggestions, all. I shall right those down and have a look.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Colossus in the Playground

My bet would be Flash. It's actually pretty good for this sort of avatars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Nay, looking at the file, it was Drawplus.

Not that great a program, which is why when I formatted this laptop, I didn't re-install it.

Good for animation, but otherwise, kinda meh...

Have tried using Flash, which we have at school, but could never get to grips with it.
    Last edited by Castaras; 2008-10-18 at 09:17 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

*Wipes a tear away from his eye*

That....That was a wonderful story...Anyone ever read Watership Down by Richard Adams?

27. - Top - End - #1167

Of course we have. Lovely isn't it; especially the mythology.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't read it but I've been scarred by seen the animated film.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, it "doesn't count" in that it doesn't affect your college applications, but if you do well enough you get scholarship money.

(/took it a year ago, is a semi-finalist, possibly finalist if they like my essay)

I hope I get money.

Although one of the schools I'm looking at might offer me a Full Ride, capitals, No Money Paid To The School At All. THEY pay ME to come study with them. I'm going to check it out next week, and if I like it....

Regarding books:

I love WATERSHIP DOWN.

And

PAPER TOWNS by John Green came out the other day and I HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!! John Green writes young adult romance (LOOKING FOR ALASKA, AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES). He also has a video blog with his brother; they're Nerds with a capital N. Anyway, KATHERINES is one of my favorite books and I WANT PAPER TOWNS!!!!! :smallwant: (<--we need that emoticon )
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2008-10-18 at 12:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

"Daughter, how do you propose they, you know, visualize want? It'd be like one of those helluva funny facial expressions, like the emoticon for 'I'm about to torture you to death then empty my bowels and kidneys on your remains'. In case anyone's wondering, it's %-=^4)){. Ah, you youngsters with your lack of knowledge about classic emoticons. Back in my day, we had to use one emoticon, in the snow, both ways uphill. What? Don't tell me I'm mixing my redneck daddy personality with my crotchety old man personality! Get the hell off of my tractor!"

Also, I decided to use this kind of speaking more often.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.