Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Adventuring Fedex (IC)

Ok here's our IC thread.
    Click here for OOC thread.

If you're ready let's begin

This intro happens to all of you but in a different moment:

Your life paths have led all of you to the town of Shadowdale; well known for the amount of famous adventures that it harbored. You all have had different reasons for getting there but once you arrived, you needed a place to sleep, and the Headless Dragon Inn down the corner seemed comfortable enough for you.

The night you arrived you went to the dining room and approached the innkeeper to ask for some food. After he stared at you for a couple of minutes he told you:
    You look capable enough. Knock three times the door of the nearest room to the big window at the second floor tomorrow night when Selûne is full. There will be a man there who needs a job done and you seem capable enough to do it, tell him I sent you. What's my name? MY NAME IS GRINDOR DRAGONSLAYER! DON'T YOU IDIOTS HEAR THE STORIES?!
    The food's 1 Silver Piece by the way, and comes with a keg of ale.

You sat at the table waiting for your food, hearing some odd stories that made no sense told by the tavern's bard about Grindor and the Great Red Dragon Hizkeries.
    A strangely beautiful waitress approached to bring you your food, she had one bright green eye and a pale blue one, and her hair was fiery red, with a shock of white hair on the front.
    "Don't believe the stories", she said, "they're as real as a nice demon". She winked at you as she left back to the kitchen.

Now this is for eveyone

When the appointed day at midnight arrives, you approach the door as you were told and knock three times, the strange waitress from the night before opening the door. This time she wears a chain shirt, travel clothes and a dark green cloak. In her belt hangs a sword with the image of a red bleeding boulder carved in the hilt.

She nods at you as a salute and points at a large table in the middle of the room, where a masked man in black robes awaits for everyone to be seated. The young woman remains by the door, silently.

Once everyone is seated the masked man starts talking:
    I have a very important mission for you. It needs to be done with absolute caution and supreme secrecy, my name and face will remain a secret, but yours won't. Before I tell you what I need you to do, I want you to introduce yourselves to me: State your names and line of work.

As he finishes speaking, he leans on the back of his chair, remaining silent.

Thanks Rettu Skcollob for the grammar advice.
    Last edited by Guchalez; 2008-10-14 at 12:57 PM.
    Guchález
    Thanks to ThreeShades for the Psychotic Elan avatar a.k.a.The Punmaker

Spoiler
    Show
    All dead, they are all dead

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventuring Fedex (IC)

Irisv

When he first arrived he found the innkeeper to be quite a bit more annoying than many others might at first. It was when the innkeeper found a draconic man in one of his rooms that the two encountered some friction. Irisv had been wounded by the 'dragonslayer' but he was soon able to ward off the man with an invocation of peace. A further invocation of warmth and divine power stitched closed his few wounds and offered his forgiveness to the innkeeper.

The night of the meeting he makes his way to the door and knocks as instructed previously. When he takes a seat he allows his wings to stretch behind him, his silvered scales gleaming in the light. At first glance he may seem to be some form of half dragon but his frame is much too small for that to be so and his wings actually seem capable of use. When their apparent patron asks for an introduction he slowly nods. Though draconic his voice retains some of the light and lyric tones of his former life, "My name is Irisv, I was born among my people in Evermeet as Cirdan Sunbeam. As with the traditions of my people I am highly educated in a wide variety of subjects. My true calling, however, is devotion to my divine Mistress, Her Beneficence, Tamara. Her power allows me to mend the wounds of all."
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

3. - Top - End - #3

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Unknown takes a seat, squeezing his massive frame into a chair with his back to a corner, after carefully scanning the walls behind the chair for any sign of a secret pannel. Once he is sure that nobody can get behind him without him noticing, he sits down in such a position as to keep everyone in room within his field of sight.

Upon hearing the masked mans question Unknown stares at him blankly for a second.

Name? Profession? How can I tell him these things when I do not know myself?

"I have no name. I have no profession. I am exceptionally skilled at killing men with my bare hands. I am strong, tough, and surprisingly agile. I have keen senses, particually in the dark."

He then folds his hands in front of him at the table and waits patiently for others to respond.

I guess they now know as much about me as I do myself...
    Last edited by turbosloth; 2008-10-14 at 12:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Galen

The prospect of an adventure sounded good to Galen, and the innkeeper seemed trustworthy enough. As he walked into the room he looked at his surroundings and noticed two people seated at the table, one had visible wings and the other is about his size.

Galen takes a seat at the table and, after being asked for an introduction begins speaking. My name is Galen Marek, I used to be a bow-maker, now I simply do whatever I can to make a living. I hope I can help.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanyr

Tanyr enters, at the requested time, followed by Jark. She smiles sweetly at the nameless man; "My name is Tanyr, previous arcanist. I'm sure I can be of use. And this is my companion, Jark." Tanyr carefully stands at her seat, pausing slightly to see if Jark's feeling gentlemanly tonight.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Jark appears as a short, bulky human. In his hands, is a ghostly dark rat. Jark is playing with it, watching intently as the rat scurries over and under his hands, but, Jark always seems to catch it - as if he knows where it will be next - before it hits the table.

His head snaps up at the sound of his name. The ghostly rat, the parody of a real animal, suddenly drops from his hands, and lands on the table. The rat - if that's what it could be called - slowly grows bigger, and larger, until the 'ghost' now resembles a hedgehog. The hedgehog takes a quick glance around the room, and curls into a ball. It's spines spreading in all directions.

Jark looks at everyone, then his eyes settle on Tanyr. I don't like these people. I don't like this place. Let me out. It was a pity Tanyr couldn't read his thoughts. It was also a benefit. Jark often had dark thoughts about Tanyr. Jark took a deep breath.

"My name is Jark." he pronounced it Yark "That's with a 'J'. I am a Rashemi warrior, I follow my Wychlaran Tanyr." He inclined towards the woman standing "She has taught me some magic."

The hedgehog uncurled itself and seemed to give Jark a stare. "Shut up!" Jark yelled at the small animal. Jark, once again inhaled a deep breath. "But, he is right, when I am around, bad things happen to bad people."
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-10-14 at 04:05 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #7

K'zak L'nyt

K'zak stands taller than most if not all of the others in the room, sitting down opposite the masked figure. The traditional dark robe of a warlock, bearing a skull of unknown origin on the shoulder covers all of the imposing Half-Orc, save the face and hands, the blasphemous symbols on the enchanted piece of clothing glow a dim red, faintly perceptible in the low light.

Idly tracing a particularly heretical symbol on the palm of his gloved left hand, the Half leans backwards, displaying more of his face in the light. The features of the Half-Orc are surprisingly handsome for a creature of his Race, though not particularly exceptional. A few scars criss-cross the thin Half-Orc's features, each one a potent memory, and his head is shaven. Notably, his eyes seem to have an odd pigmentation, a crimson hue to them.

Opening his mouth and running a tongue along a large, sharp canine, K'zak speaks in a casual tone, his voice slightly gravelly, with an odd reverb, a symptom of the Infernal powers he harbours.

I am called K'zak. My heritage has granted me some...

He glances at the skull adorning his right shoulder, smiling slightly.

'Useful' abilities.

His smile growing by another fraction, so as to confer a mockingly pleasant demeanor, K'zak tilts his head marginally to the right. He speaks in a slightly lower tone than before.

I kill people. My Ancestors trafficked with some of the more... 'lucrative' powers that are available to Arcane Spellcasters, and as such, I can master a few certain abilities to a degree unmatched by any Mage. I am here because my friend Rashad...

K'zak quickly casts a glance from side to side, seeking out the errant bard. He had not had the opportunity to talk with the Half-Elf since arriving in Shadowdale, and looked forward to seeing him again. This façade of being slightly over the edge he was attempting to project tired him, but was often necessary. People feared what they did not understand. And K'zak was never understood even if he tried.

Assured me I would gain ample opportunity to hone my skills.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-10-14 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

"And Rashad is the name I go by"

The dark-skinned Half-Elf made himself confortable in his seat, flipping up a coin with his thumb and catching it again. With his clean and perfectly fitting clothes and a honed short haircut, he seems to be an outgoing person. But most remarkably is a icy blue parrot never leaving his shoulder.

"I'm really glad you made it, K'zak, pity though I couldn't find you earlier. We'll talk later."

He smiles, before standing up from his chair to further introduce himself

"I am a bard, singer, taker of opportunities and adventurer. Me and K'zak were already a formidable team in the past, and now we offer our skills of magic and guile to your cause. The parrot's name is Cool P by the way. Say hello."

"G'day!"

He then descends back into his seat. The stay at the inn was more comfortable that the beds Rashad was used to in the last time, after he had a therapy recently, and the exchange of stories with the local bard were also quite useful

Spoiler
    Show

Gather Information: (d20+12)[28]
    General rumors and happenings in Shadowdale
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

9. - Top - End - #9

Jarian Krien

Being one of the last ones to enter the room Jarian definately makes a major impression by standing out. In walks a man dressed in a black hooded cloak and robes, on them there are red tear drops sparatically placed. Taking one of the seats available and listening to everyone introduce themself, finally he stands up.

Standing up and Removing his hood makes him stand out even more. A rather gruff looking man with dark hair almost wild as some would call it. Jarian has a scar starting above his right eye, going down across his face. It goes under an eye patch that is covering his left eye, where it seems the scar goes directly over. It continues down across his cheek and ends just below his eye and on his neck. Giving a hint of what happen you see a large red lightning bolt on the black eye patch.

Perception Check DC15
    Spoiler
    Show

Those who pass a perception check notice the scar on his face is a perfect representation and design of a jagged lightning bolt.

I am Jarian Krien, I trained with the High War Wizards of Cormyr. Until I realized that I had a larger Destiny awaiting me. I have since embraced my Destiny and have some skills in fighting, and because of Talos have had some other special powers bequethed upon me.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

10. - Top - End - #10

K'zak looks thoughtful for a few moments, processing the information each person had revealed about themselves so far.

Hmm. Irisiv. Healer, definitely then. Looks to be fairly divinely orientated. Sigh. I guess you can't live with or without the hypocritical, pompous bastards. I'd best keep on his good side if I want to get my wounds patched up. Some kind of Dragon-descendant by the looks of it.

That one has no name? Unlikely. Maybe a criminal who just isn't too smart. Killing with bare hands, eh? I like the sound of that.

Galen. A bow-maker? What use in the nine hells do we have for a bowyer?! He hasn't said anything about his combat skills, if any. I must reserve judgment.

Tanyr. Hmm. Very pretty. I like the sound (and look) of her so far, but she hasn't said much yet. Hmm.

Jark. Unstable. I like him. He has that... feel, that a true murderer has.

Rashad! Excellent, I didn't recognize him in the light for a moment. Good to see him again, we will have much to discuss.

Jarian. Hmm. You can't trust someone who worships a God so erratic as Talos. Hmm. Seems a bit pompous. I think... I can actually hear the capital 'D' that he uses to say 'destiny'.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

11. - Top - End - #11

RedSorcererGirl

Dalcar is a beautiful woman, with long blonde hair, and blue eyes. She is always dressed in her gypsy dance costume; low cut, revealing tops, short swirling skirts, and a multitude of beads and baubles. She seems to have no visible weapons, although she does carry a small wand. She wears no armour as well.

Dalcar winked back at the waitress as she went to fill her order. Perhaps the tales she had heard of Shadowdale were true. Not in town more than an hour or two and already an adventure had arrived in her lap. And, if it proved to be pointless, the waitress was cute enough as it was. She might have to look her up, later that evening.

At the appointed time, Dalcar knocked 3 times on the door, and entered into the room. She moved gracefully to a chair, with her beads and bangles swishing quietly in hushed room. She smiled inwardly to herself, just imagining the thoughts of the others gathered so far. Of what use would a gypsy dancing girl be to an adventuring company? Surely the masked man could not be thinking of including her? Or was she, perhaps, an extra inducement to participate? With an extra smile to Galen and Tanyr, she seated herself.

My name is Dalcar Sontin. I was born and raised a gypsy dancer, perhaps some nights, I will entertain you with that skill. However a few years ago, I discovered some other talents within me. I seek now to master the arcane and divine arts that this and the other worlds have to offer.

With that, Dalcar settles back in her chair, her warm smile never leaving her lips.
    Last edited by Mike62; 2008-10-15 at 06:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

When the last one of you ends speaking, silence falls in the room again. The masked man stares at each and everyone of you.
    Suddenly the red haired girl breaks the silence:
    "As I told you they are a bunch of arcanists, magic users of both kinds, most of them at least, I don't like it, they can't be trusted. If you wan't me to go with them you'll have to pay me much more than what you're paying me now."
    The masked man stares for a moment at the girl and then responds:
    "You will do what we agreed you would do, there will be no negotiations."He looks back at everyone "I am glad most of you are magic users, that way you will understand the importance of the task ahead. I need you to deliver a package, a book of strong magic, it needs to be delivered with abosute caution, you don't need to do it hastly, the person that has to recieve this book, a Loremaster inside Halruaa, already knows your names and appereance, and you will be guided there by Grindell here." He makes a hand gesture so everyone looks at the red haired girl. "She doesn't like arcanists very much but she knows Halruaa like the back of her hand. She won't carry the book tough, one of you must do it, wich one I haven't decided yet"

For Tanyr, K'zak, Irisv, Unknown, Jarian and Rashad
    Spoiler
    Show

Grindell seems unconfortable with the job assigned to her.
    For Jarian and Rashad
    Spoiler
    Show

She seems to have a deep resentment to the masked man and it seems that she's taking this job because she has no choice

Last edited by Guchalez; 2008-10-17 at 12:49 AM.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanyr

He already knows our names and appearances? Is that a threat? "A book of powerful magic, you say? What sort of magic?" Tanyr speaks with an innocent look on her face.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-10-17 at 04:29 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

14. - Top - End - #14

K'zal breathes in sharply as his birthplace is mentioned, the shock breaking his 'typical Warlock' façade momentarily.

Halruaa?! I haven't been there since... I can't go. I won't! But... I... I must go. I will not be held back in fear by those traitorous human scum!

The last news I heard from Halruaa was years ago... The townsfolk had put a modest price on my head, after they found I escaped, and discovered my... Heritage. They can't still remember me, can they? I don't think I'd be recognized... So long as we don't return to the city of Halarahh, I should be safe.

K'zak clears his throat softly.

I accept. I speak fluent Halruuan. I... spent some time there, once.

The Half-Orc taps his fingers on the tabletop once.

Can you tell me where; exactly, in Halruua we are going?
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-10-17 at 08:11 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"How much does the job pay? How far away is this place we must travel? Is there any travel allowance or arangements included? What are the chances of violence being involved? That includes both the general safety of the roads between here and this Halruaa place, and the chance of parties hunting us specifically to look for this book. Is the fee per head, or if someone dies along the way can we split their share among the survivors? Will the whole fee be payed upon completion, or on a 'half now, half later' basis?"

Unknown fires the questions off one after the other in a professional manner, then waits for a reply in a clearly noncomittal stance, trying to communicate his willingness to walk out the door any second if he dosen't like any of the answers...

Have to make them realise that just because I have no memory dosen't mean I'm a gullible fool, or they'll walk all over me...
    Last edited by turbosloth; 2008-10-17 at 07:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

"Is there a reason why you fear Halruaa my friend? I can undestand how a man with your manners would be unconfortable with a civilized country like Halruaa, but fear? Do you have a criminal record maybe? Well the questions according to your route should be answered by your guide not by me."As the last word of the masked man fades, the girl clears her throat and answers K'zak:"We will enter halruaa through the mountains, by my secret route, then we will search for our loremaster's son in a hut two miles from Mount Talath, a small town dedicated to Mystra, once we get to him he'll help me locate his father."
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

The Warlock looks momentarily panicked, not used to being under social pressure like this.

Asmodeus' pantaloons! What do I do?!

Er, no. I have certain acquaintances I parted with under, ah, unpleasant circumstances.

Well, that was true, at least. Hmm.

Clearing his throat awkwardly, K'zak hurriedly attempts to shift the topic of conversation to something he finds more comfortable.

So, uh, what kind of resistance can we expect to encounter? Will there be any parties that will be actively searching for us?

18. - Top - End - #18

Jarian

Keeping an eye on the woman, and making sure to watch her and try to see exactly what she is thinking, and also paying particular attention to the one assigning us the job, Jarian keeps an opened eye.

Waiting and judging everyone else's responses he sits back and just smiles.

Heh, A village of Mystra, Funny it would lead us there. And just like everyone else, everything goes full circle.

Well I do believe this sounds like an interesting task. What leways do we have with this? As you said there are no time limits, as long as the package arrives. I am also interested in if there are any other people or groups that would be after this item.

And as was asked earlier, what is the payment for this job. How will that be arranged?
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

The bard listens to everything, resting his chin on his hand. His smiles widens again as the the Half-Orc who pretends to not know his name rapidly asks his chain of questions.

"At least you found something you know, and that's how to make a deal"

He then continues speaking into the audience.

"Halruaa. Wow, K'zak, I never thought I would visit your birthplace. When he's in, I'm in too. What kind of mystic book are we talking about here?"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Since Unknown is the one who sterted with the questions the masked man looks at him as he talks:
    "2000 gp each paid by the reciever once you handle him the book, i'll give 3000 gp to be shared by all of you in advance for traveling expenses, that amount doesn't count from the final fee. You can do whatever you wan't with the shares of your dead partners. I'll provide 10 horses, one for each one of you, there are two carts with the horses if you want to take them feel free to do it. If a Boat travel is needed in your trip you can negotiate your passage with the money i'm giving you, but I think Grindell can manage that with no problem at all.
    Halruaa is really far south, a place of knoledge my half-breed friend, if you're looking for a place to learn about your past the wizards of Halruaa might help you.
    I hope people won't know you have the book with you, if that information slips from you rest assured that dangerous enemies will be hunting from you. You will travel through many countries, some of them friendly some of them hostile, so take your precautions. Everytime you leave a city gather information about the wildlands around, you are traveling with a very acomplished traveler at your side so that should be no problem.
    Does this anwers your questions my unnamed friend?

Then he looks at the half-elf bard nods and then says:
    The information about the book that i'll allow myself to reveal will be revealed once i have chosen who shall carry the book.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Jarian

Jarian Nods in agreeance with what he is saying, and to his own though.

It seems we have a deal my friend. Count me in, as it is Talos's Will
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

22. - Top - End - #22

RedSorcererGirl

Dalcar turns to the woman
    It is clear you have been wronged by those who wield magic in the past. Hopefully, I can show you that not all of us are not to be trusted, maybe we could become friends in a short time
    She turns back to the masked man
    Your propasal, and payment sound acceptable to me, I would interested in hearing more of what you think might end up hunting us.
    As for the book, far be it from me to be presumptous, but I feel that I would be best qualified to carry it. I do not seek to engage in combat, leaving that task to others far more qualified than me, so it wil not be exposed to that danger. As well, my dual nature and protection of my goddess will protect me from any influence it might attempt to exert.

Dalcar checks some of the beads on her skirt as she finishes speaking, shaking them out slightly, sending sparkles dancing in the dim light of the room. She smiles warmly at the rest of the group, waiting to see what they think as well.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

Then it's settled.

He leans back and begins to recite rhythmically. Just after the first verse, the parrot suddenly gets lively and begins to add comments.

Oh I like adventuring
    treasure so alluring Yeah!
    swords clashing Yeah!
    magic blurring Shhh
    and flashing Kzzz
    that's adventuring Yeah!

He finishes with a acclaiming look to his blue pet, content with it's performance in this little demonstration.

"I don't really care who carries it, but I'm not the one. My packs are full anyway. By the way, beautiful, what is your name?"

His question goes out to the red-haired waitress-fighter.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-17 at 04:23 PM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Irisv

The dragon leans forward and poses a question, "With so much gold at our disposal is there not a reason we could simply arrange for a powerful teleportation to take us all to the designated location? For so much gold I am sure we could procure such services as well as discretion. I doubt we could find such power here, but anywhere nearby would expedite our travels."
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-10-17 at 05:30 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #25

If this book is so powerful why are you entrusting it to us? If we are to carry the book, I believe I should carry it. I don't look much like a wizard of any sorts, so people won't expect me to carry it.

Galen wondered what this man's intentions were, as he couldn't read his face with that mask over it. The others in this room seemed trustworthy enough, that that red haired women seemed extremely paranoid for a guide.

The payment seems acceptable,but how powerful would these "dangerous enemies" be? And who are they working for?

Maybe these are some of the marauders that burned down his house. This seems like a perfect opportunity to find out about them, especially since he's in Shadowdale. Maybe he can find more information before the party leaves.
    Last edited by Dumbledore lives; 2008-10-17 at 06:20 PM.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

26. - Top - End - #26

He looks at Galen and starts talking again with an annoyed tone in his voice:
    "I'm entrusting it to one fo your traveling partners because anyone looking for the book won't think any of htem would have it, they'd expect someone more powerful, like me, to be carriing it.
    These dangerous enemies are powerful enough to work for themselves and send their minions to finish you off if you are not cautious with whom you share your information. And even if you are right about thinking that noone would assume that you are keeping it, rest assured I won't give this important book to a bow maker with the stench of a nature dweler.

Then he stares for a moment at Dalcar, then he turns to look at Irisv and tell him:
    "Yours seems like a clever observation my reptilian friend. But don't you think that if teleportation was a way to travel with this book I'd be in need of your help?"His chest jumps like he's laughing quietly. After he's done, he stares back at Dalcar:"My dear, I'm sure you are a very acomplished magic user and that you'd take care of the book with every breath in your body, but I don't think there is enough room for it under that tiny skirt of yours.

Turbosloth:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A deep voice taks into your mind, it's a chilling voice that echoes with the dry whisper of a long forsaken crypt:
    "The belongins of a dead man should go first to their burial rituals, then to their will and then you may take the spoils, this for your friends as for your enemies, the dead are not to be forsaken, but to be respected."
    After that your philactery calms.

Then he looks at Rashad, stares at him for a moment and then starts taking: "I like you Rashad, the fact that you don't want to carry the book makes you the perfect bearer, but if you don't want it I will give it to the beatyful previous arcanist who responds to the name of Tanyr. I find her silence and innocence enchanting. But you are my fisrt choice Rashad, since the book must go to willing hands, it your choice to make. Don't choose right now, I'll give a proper introduction to the book before you choose"

He leans on the back of the table and looks inside his robe for something. He pulls out a piece of parchment and places it in the middle of the table. He pulls out of his pocket a red feather with a bluish iron tip. He mutters a strange word and for a second the tip of the feather turns crimson. Then he pintches the tip of his finger with the feather and then places it over the parchment. A drop of blood falls on the parchment and as the masked man starts speaking crimson letters start appearing on the parchment copying every word the man says:"By this contract I forbid myself of deliberately speaking about The Book of Shadow Enlightment or the person who gave me such information with anybody not binded by this contract, if I do so I accept the curses that empower this piece of parchment.

He handles the feather to Rashad and tells everyone:"Before I start talking about the book in question everyone will put a drop of their blood in the parchment, those who deny will have to leave the room and don't talk about this meeting again, the information you have so far is not harmful but in the proper ears could do some serious damage. If one of you leaves have my word that revealing the information wich has been given to you tonight will mean your death, and it won't be a fast one. So Rashad, if you may, please put a drop of blood in the parchment"
    Last edited by Guchalez; 2008-10-18 at 04:17 PM.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"That seems a little extreeme... But I guess we have little choice" Says Unknown, staring uncomfortably at the parchment

Hmmm... some of them seem not to belive my lack of knowledge in the world. But how on earth did the masked man know that I have no memory? I said I have no name, I have told nobody yet that I have no memories... can I trust him?
    Last edited by turbosloth; 2008-10-18 at 01:28 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanyr

Blood oath...how melodramatic. Tanyr widens her eyes, impressed. "A blood oath? Impressive. I've only heard of them before. But what, if I may ask, what curses are hanging over our head if we break the oath?"

Spoiler
    Show
    After hearing (or not hearing) about the curses, Tanyr pricks her finger, adding her blood. If Rashed doesn't take the book, Tanyr accepts, acting honoured and all that.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-10-18 at 05:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rashad

Rashad grins as the masked employer pulls out the parchment.

"That was only to test you. Of course I'm taking the book if you want me to carry it. How bad that could be, if Lady Luck blesses me?"

He pulls out his dagger from his boot, and cuts his left index finger with a flick of the wrist, putting the weapon back into it's sheath. Then he puts his bloody fingerprint onto the parchment with a content smile.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Irisv

He contemplates this oath for a moment and considers simply leaving. Lost in thought he allowed his mind to wander about the subject. As his stream of consciousness began to meander he began to form a conclusion. The rush of notions spread into a calm sea as he nodded and extended a hand to take the feather and prick himself as instructed. A low hiss echoed from deep within as his wings fluttered. His words formed in the draconic tongue, "My Lady brought me here for a reason, and I will see through my destiny."

((Whats sad is I just realized I could have actually written that sentence in draconic.))
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-10-18 at 06:14 AM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett