New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Tyranny of the Jedi (Alt KotOR SAGA)

Vaya

The general lack of turbulance and excitement suggests to Vaya that they have broken the blockade.

She takes out the lightsaber she took from the late Phrenias and inspects it closely. The design was crude, but effective, though she could definitely see ways to improve it. She ignited the saber, a bright purple beam emitted from it. Vaya smiled, at least Phrenias had taste. She decided that the time had come to build her own saber. This one could serve at its core.

She left the room she had claimed and went to look for a workbench. Knowing mandalorians, they always had a workbench somewhere.

While searching she spots Merrel and decides to have a little fun. She walks over and attempts to strike up a conversation. "So, Merrel was it right? I don't think we've been properly introduced, my name is Vaya Olessa." She holds out her hand, though expects Merrel not to take it. "You seem out of place with this band of criminals, though I expect we are very much alike. What got you sentenced to that prison anyway?

Me I did not agree with Revan's course of action. The way I see it, he has embraced the Dark Side, though he is hiding it behind his deception of purity. Maybe he doesn't even know it himself yet."
    Last edited by BooNL; 2008-11-06 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling is a *boop*

Recently resurrected. Sorry for bailing on you guys.

"Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"
    Awesome OOTSatar by Crimmy, masterfully done.

2. - Top - End - #242

Kir bring the shadow to a full stop then turns his chair towards the other and says, OK so where to, do we go to see Mandalore or do we go find Shen's fleet.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

"If you want to fight this Revan..." Cee appears in the door of the bridge a bit like forgotten afterthought, "why don't you join the fleet of his wife? She should be on the Hydian Way now... If those newscasts are to be believed."
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

4. - Top - End - #244

So were on the Hydian Way should we go or can you sense her with that force of yours. other wise we may be making several trips up and down the Hydian Way.

Character links

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could try, but only when we are closer. But since I never met her, my chances would be rather slim - maybe the young Jedi knows her. Then she could try..." Cee muses.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"If we at least contact Mandalore, we could bring the full force of the Mandalorians to bear alongside Shan's fleet. Plus, we know exactly where we can find Mandalore--Dxun's already on the navicomputer. From there we can organize a force to join Shan's fleet and end this pointless lover's bout early."

7. - Top - End - #247

Gavik you know that the only way to contact Mandalore is to go see him, I'm not sure Mandalore would let go look for the fleet especially with the possibility that the Shen's fleet could be destroyed before we could get back in to space to look, and right now we know were she is possible, that's better off then we will be if we go see Mandalore.

Character links

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Merrel

"Political agitating," Merrel says with a heavy dose of sarcasm, taking the hand warily after a second. The Twi'lek woman seemed friendly, but she could remember her unleashing lightning from her fingertips, channeling pure aggression. And laughing. If Merrel was a fallen Jedi in Revan's eyes only, Vaya was one in truth. "It seems being a Jedi and not mouthing Revan's ideals is high treason nowadays."

"I don't think the purity is a mask," she adds. "He's really like that, but going so far has taken him to the dark side as surely as... a Sith." She'd been about to say anger and hate, but beginning the conversation with a backhanded accusation of corruption would not have been the best way to start with Vaya.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #249

Vaya

"I still remember my training. The Code was so different back then. Sure there was tranquility and no feelings of love, but when Revan came to power it was as if every bit of emotion was a tool of the Dark Side.

I drew my own conclusions and left, my Master as well."

Vaya walks around Merrel, keeping her eye fixed on the Jedi girl. "I understand the Code now. Us Jedi are allowed to feel emotion, to love and to be angry, but we should never let them run rampart.

I know you've seen me channel dark energy in the prison complex. I can assure you I can control it as a product of my training. It is true, there is much power in the Dark Side, but only those who learn to distance themselves from it can truly control it. And I never draw upon it, unless forced."

In an attempt to win her trust, Vaya adds. "You have nothing to fear from me."

Spoiler
    Show

Should probably roll a deception check here.

Deception - (1d20+11)[27]

10. - Top - End - #250
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"The Hydian Way is a prime hyperlane," Frow advises, "And if there's one thing Revan has been good for, it's been putting an end to piracy along main trade routes. It wouldn't slow us down too much to drop into realspace at every major exit along the route until we run into something interesting... It's still crazy, mind you, but it's not as crazy."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then we could try that." Cee shrugs. "And maybe we will find something interesting along the way."
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"What is an underarmed freighter filled with a few commandos and Force-users going to be able to do to boost fleet of your 'Grand Master's' ex-wife? It's probably already filled with commandos, actual warships, and Jetiise. We should call in reinforcements, so that when we join this Jedi's fleet, it will be in force. Vaklu and Mandalore have enough soldiers together that if we combine all our forces, we should bring a swift end to this lover's bout, and return sanity and honor to the galaxy."
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-11-06 at 03:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Merrel

Merrel nods slowly, turning to face Vaya. "Just be careful. The only sure path to the Dark Side that I've seen is to be too sure of yourself," she says; the words might be a joke if they didn't sound bitter.

She turns and walks the few feet forwards to where the others are discussing their destination. "We should contact Bastila's fleet first," she interjects. "If they are headed towards Coruscant, we may not have any time to spare. It won't do any good to gather allies if they are destroyed first."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

"I agree with the Mandalorian, we're not going to do much against Revan's forces by ourselves. If we join with some allies first, we'll be able to do some real damage."

15. - Top - End - #255

Vaya

Vaya smiles to herself when Merrels walks away, convinced by her words. "And the wheel is set in motion." she thinks to herself.

She leaves the others behind to argue, trusting in the Force to deliver her where needed. Instead, Vaya heads toward the workbench and spends the next day crafting her new lightsaber.

Spoiler
    Show

rolling for my lightsaber, it's only a DC 20 check, so should be easy enough.

Use the Force - (1d20+16)[26]

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jedi, do you know Shan?" The old woman turns around to Merrel. "If so, maybe you could find her quicker than I can. I do think we have to choose now, we will not get another chance."

She smiles. It is an unsettling smile. A knowing one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Deception - (1d20+16)[22]

She isn't lying, she just wants to make it look like she knows more than she does.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Merrel

"I've met her," Merrel says slowly, looking at the old woman oddly. "I don't know if I would say I know her."

She half-closes her eyes, relaxing her muscles and trying to forget the confines of the ship in favor of sensing a larger picture. She's never been as good at this as she is at changing the physical world; the will of the Force is almost as opaque to her as it is to those who can't sense it. Nonetheless, she tries, reaching out and fumbling to try and find Bastila in the Force.

She touches upon something, another beacon in the Force, and presses relief through: relief, thankfulness, and a firm resolve. Coming.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+10)[14]

And... Use the Force to try and contact Bastila telepathically: (1d20+15)[35] The DC is probably 25, but it depends on how far away the fleet is.

Nice. Added what she'll send to Bastila.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2008-11-06 at 05:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

BlueWizardGirl

Reaching across the vastness of space you brush against her vaguely familiar mind.

An answer comes back quickly. Shan's voice is firm but gentle, even when dealing with people she barely knows mentally contacting her as she attempts to prepare for a massive space battle against her ex-husband and his deluded minions. Besides, she can use all the help she can get, whoever the provider may be.

"Meet us at Bandomeer."

Spoiler
    Show
    If you're wondering why that's not one word... by RAW "Run Luke, run!" is too long for a telepathic message. I'm ignoring RAW here.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-11-06 at 05:57 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Merrel

Merrel echoes back a hazy acknowledgement as her connection to the Force subsides; her relief makes hard to maintain the necessary concentration. "Bandomeer," she says aloud, opening her eyes. "Plot a course for Bandomeer."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Cee's smile takes on a more genuine quality. "Well done."
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

21. - Top - End - #261

Kir smiles also, OK then Bandomeer it is then, Kir turns back to the console and starts to bring shadow back up to speed, Frow help me with the calculation's to plot a course to Bandomeer, once the course is plotted and set Kir once again pull the hyperdrive lever back letting the ship leap into hyperspace.

Use Computer (1d20+11)[22]
    Pilot (1d20+16)[36]

Character links

22. - Top - End - #262

BlueWizardGirl

"You got it, crazy Jedi ladies," Frow replies, incorrectly including Cee in the group, "Here goes nothing... and let's better hope it's not a trap."

You have a bit of time to rest in transit, and Vaya is able to complete her modifications to Phrenias's saber. It is not too long, though, before you find yourselves in the Bandomeer system.

A rather large fleet hangs motionless in the vicinity, an Inexpugnable-class vessel with a full complement of Hammerheads in attendance. Though the ships bear Revan's distinctive white, large symbols in the form of an eight-spoke wheel have been painted on them in red.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm only borrowing the Bendu symbol because The Force Unleashed gave the Starbird a stupid origin. "Let's make the Marty Stu anti-hero's family crest our logo! Yay!"

As soon as the Shadow drops back into realspace it receives an incoming hail from the fleet's flagship.

"I foresaw your coming,"
    a feminine voice says, and an image of the speaker flickers into view. She is a white-haired woman wearing similarly colored robes. Those familiar with the Jedi may note that they are the robes of a historian, and those somewhat more familiar with the Jedi may recognize the woman as Master (Mistress?) Atris, former Council member and eminent archivist.

"Some aboard your vessel are quite strong in the Force... we have need of such strength."

A pained look passes across the woman's face.

"Though I can easily feel the taint of darkness aboard your ship, I fear we cannot afford to question the source of potential allies' power in this situation."

A hint of sadness creeps into her voice.

"Who can stand uncorrupted in these times, when even the staunchest defender of the light is willing to use murder to further his mad visions of unattainable perfection?"

She dismisses the introspection with a wave of her hand.

"But enough of that. What matters now is that you volunteer to aid us, and we require assistance. Please dock with the Swiftsure. We shall continue our discussion face-to-face."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263

Acknowledged Swiftsure, says Kir. Kir then brings the ship in for a landing.

Pilot (1d20+6)[16]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-11-06 at 07:37 PM.

Character links

24. - Top - End - #264

BlueWizardGirl

The Shadow docks easily with the large command vessel. When her passengers disembark they will be greeted by yet more white-haired women wearing white. It seems a popular day for the color. Even more oddly, all five of them are perfectly identical, down to the smallest detail. Err... at least the smallest easily visible detail.

Reewoon will immediately recognize that all five of them are at the ready in a traditional Echani defensive stance. It seems that the newcomers' benevolence is not completely trusted.

"We are the handmaidens of Lady Atris,"
    the middle one says in introduction, "We will take you to our mistress."

Her gaze strays to the escapees' weaponry.

"There is no need for you to remain armed aboard this ship. You are among friends. Lay down your weapons and follow."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265

Kir is not really happy with idea of being unarmed, and decides to try diplomacy, I'm Kir Sano an emissary for Mandalore, I and my party are willing to leave most of are weapons here on my ship as long as we are alowed one weapon of are chose each.

Persuasion (1d20+9)[24]

Character links

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Ladies, I'm never unarmed. And by your stance, I'd say neither are you. I'll keep my blaster holstered, but completely removing my weapons is unacceptable."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Merrel

Merrel represses a sigh at the stubbornness of the two Mandalorians. Predictable. She unhooks her own lightsaber from her belt, handing it to one of the handmaidens with the dangerous end pointed towards her own body, and waits to see whether the women can permit the Togruta's more moderate suggestion before she says anything.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reewoon knows arguing is futile and leaves all his gear, save for his combat gloves, in the footlocker back on the ship. He follows the handmaidens without question and tries to remember the directions back to the ship.
    Random Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    "Yes, I'm sure a random pit into darkness would really brighten up my office back on Coruscant..."

29. - Top - End - #269

BlueWizardGirl

The handmaidens' spokeswoman sighs.

"The Mistress warned us that you would probably be difficult. Very well, we shall permit you one sidearm a piece... but know that while one weapon is enough to display your belligerence, it is not enough to take this vessel, should you be so inclined."

The handmaiden to whom Merrel offered her blade asks if she would like to keep the weapon or not.

"Now, if there are no further delays, please come with us."

After a pause she adds a challenge to Gavik.

"And if you are so certain of the strength of your body, Mandalorian, perhaps you would like to test your crude martial arts against masters of the Echani form... We do not have time to demonstrate your lack of skill now, but once your audience with the Mistress is complete I am sure something could be arranged."
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-11-06 at 10:28 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Kolin turns over his blaster rifle to the handmaidans, not wanting to start a fight with allies.