New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Incoming news:
    I got something in the post today. Had mum so excited she was screaming for me to come downstairs and read it now.
    From Merton College, Oxford Uni.
    My application is being seriously considered. This means I'm one step closer to the interview.
    "Huzzah!"
    *flags, cheering, ticker tape, random discharge of munitions, flung roses, suchlike merry frippery*

(personally I think they're just trying to play it cool; it simply doesn't do for a college to seem too keen. )

Shame my moment was spoiled utterly by Idiot Littlest Brother loudly proclaiming that 'Oxford was a complete dump'...
    Smallest Curlykin, Lord General Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett & Eggy are all in agreement here. You should go to one of the proper ancient universities, like Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I'm telling you, can you think of anything better than being the LEADER of a Fascist/Orwellian state?
    Why, being the cunning and erudite bemasked anarchist rebel against its' dictatorial rule, of course.

*cues up 1812 Huevoture*
    ...-
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-29 at 09:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    WOOOOO!
    Go Curly.

2 things:
    1. Awesome avatar.
    2. Why as it taken me this long to realize you're 17?
    For some reason I've thought you were 20 for the longest time.
    'Tis a good avvie; and it looks absolutely nothing like Calmity's either. And the latter is probably because of what v said.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    She is certainly more well-read and articulate than most 17-year olds that I know... If she hadn't stated how old she was I would have placed her much older than even 20.
    How old would you have placed me then? *is secretly curiously dreading this*

Funny thing. I can pass for a child well enough to get child fares on public trasport and in cinemas; so I look fifteen or under.
    But from this environment I'm 20+. Guess the age averages out at seventeen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

'Tis a good avvie; and it looks absolutely nothing like Calmity's either. And the latter is probably because of what v said.

How old would you have placed me then? *is secretly curiously dreading this*

Funny thing. I can pass for a child well enough to get child fares on public trasport and in cinemas; so I look fifteen or under.
    But from this environment I'm 20+. Guess the age averages out at seventeen.
    No need to dread it. I have never actually seen what you look like, should probably hop over to the "You" Thread...
    But anywho, back to not dreading it, I would have thought you had already completed a degree in anything regarding Literature or History. You certainly know more about the subjectd than most American teenagers (of course the American History taught to kids is mostly a pack of propagandistic lies...)

Thats a long way to say, mid-20's

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Congratulations Curly.

I went to Merton on Saturday. It's nice, you'll love it there.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

5. - Top - End - #845

@TwoBit: there's a difference between American education and British in that we do more in - depth study; especially once we hit our version of college as we then only do three modules a year per subject.
    Nice to know that I seem to have acquired an almost - degree somewhere along the way though. And teenagers say reading's for losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    Congratulations Curly.

I went to Merton on Saturday. It's nice, you'll love it there.
    Ooh, what's it like? Old? Cool? Eccentric? Big? Was this for the dinner thingy?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

It's old, and fairly small. I mean, small for Oxford, which is tiny for basically any British college of note, and therefore miniscule for any worldly college. It's very, very, very old. Among the first three or four ever built, and widely reputed to be the best in Oxford (or, at least, one of the best), as it regularly comes top of the Norrington tables. It's in quite a nice position (but the centre of Oxford's small, so that doesn't really matter), and seems nice. You'll like it. Apparently has very pretty gardens (it was raining, and nothing was in bloom when I went), and a lovely chapel (they were practising, I couldnae get in).
    In the end, my brother was invited for dinner, but the rest of my family (therefore me) came up for lunch the next day. So I saw around Merton. I don't know 'bout eccentricity levels. Apart from the Times Ceremony. Which is both eccentric and hilarious.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

I know where I'm going. I'm also pretty sure they'll let me in. I just need to finish my application....

*not due till January 15*

*is lazy*

Oh! But guysguysguys! I'm making a map. On my wall. I'm not drawing it onto my wall but I'm drawing it on a big sheet of poster paper and I'm tracing off maps I made on the computer. For my world (see language in sig below). I know it's working out pretty well because my littler brother came in and said "WOW! That's really cool!" And didn't ruin it with a "Don't you think you could make that a little better by doing___?" which often happens. Then we have a 'could you do any better??? HUH???' moment.

But anyway. I iz excited.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

And teenagers say reading's for losers.
    Actually teenagers say reading lots is for losers, we have no problem reading. Although the internet totally kicks books asses.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    Actually teenagers say reading lots is for losers, we have no problem reading. Although the internet totally kicks books asses.
    I shan't ever agree with that statement. That is all I will say, because I tend to shy away from argument.
    This avatar by Phase.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ettin in the Playground

I was going to smite you, but then I figured I'd let Curly do it.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

@TwoBit: there's a difference between American education and British in that we do more in - depth study; especially once we hit our version of college as we then only do three modules a year per subject.
    Nice to know that I seem to have acquired an almost - degree somewhere along the way though. And teenagers say reading's for losers.

I have always wondered why our institutions of higher education can be so excellent, while our public education (high school and lower) can be so absolutely dreadful. Its a common complaint, I know, and I'm not intending to spark a discussion. It just makes me sad, is all.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Actually, it's not really all that silent at all. If you pause for a moment, you can hear the parrotfish scraping away at the coral... and the water is very clear. In fact, that's one of the requirements for the formation of coral reefs (I is learninguh! )
    Hm...the scraping might creep me out a bit, who knows. As for the coral reef needing clear water, does that have more to do with the pH of the water or photosynthesis, do you know? I think I remember something about this from way back when I was a biology major, but I can't remember the specifics. (I ended up dropping biology to a minor because I didn't have time between my other classes and work to get much studying done; sociology was intuitive enough for me that I didn't need to study hard to do well.)

Yeah, it can get a bit like that. Scuba diving doesn't have that feeling, though. I'm not doing it now, but I tried it just in a swimming pool. 'Twere fun, wish I'd gotten my license in time to do it here!
    Scuba looks like it might be alright. Honestly, I think a lot of my issues could probably be solved by a wetsuit since I wouldn't feel so exposed to the creepy underwater dwellers.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm immune to smitings, you're in the internet, this is my domain. muwahahah!
    My new website/blog:

14. - Top - End - #854

The Smiting
    Legend tells of the time when the gods and goddesses of all the worlds walked upon the earth that they blessed with their presence. Though some gods were able to cross worlds and the space and time between them, many were of local origin, and however powerful, could not cross the divide. This tale concerns one of the weaker, world spanning goddesses of ages long since past.
    For writing and story telling exists on all worlds with sentient life. As such Curly, Goddess of the Written Word spans time and distance unmeasurable as She smiles Her benevolence down upon those who write and tell the stories of which there are few; but exist in variations as different as the Moon and Sun.
    The Goddess of which I speak is a tolerant one, only intervening directly if Her precious Relics are harmed with malice. But where many gods and goddesses hold few items truly Sacred and Sacrosanct the Goddess of the Written Word holds all books, tales and items of scribing close to Her heart; as She does with Her shamans, authors and story - tellers.
    For without these, She does not exist.
    But where these exist, She holds power fit to change history and e'en time itself through Her subtleties, and the right instrument at the right time. Sometimes, rarely, but more often than She'd like, her intrsuments inspired by divinty get it wrong.
    And on one planet, where the double - edged sword of the internet - friend and enemy - exists, lurks blasphemers.
    They who scorn the written word and the gladness one feels of holding a book for the cold dispassionate scripting of a computer. And She grows in anger. One day, on a site where She had previously seen as upholding Her tenants without even realising She whom they worshipped one spoke out deriding books.
    Her fury knew no bounds. Reaching out with Her small hand, imbued with all the faith of those who believed in Her She reached out across the dark chasm of space and plucked the very imagination from the one called Oregano. And to lose imagination was to lose the ability to wonder and think. But not yet satisified with his punishment she once more stretched forth Her hand and robbed him forever of that which he worshipped above all others: his adored internet.
    Content for now, to leave him wallowing in his deserved punishment she withdrew from the world to watch over other worlds; always keeping a watchful eye upon the sinner named Oregano.
    He would get no second chance.
    Thus ends my tale of when the gods and goddesses walked and blessed all who saw them; thus ends my warning to uphold the written word and to never scorn them.

And so; Spiceboy was smote. Good enough smiting DRider?

@Kaela: The Time's Cereomny? That the one where they walk backwards around the Quad at three am drinking port wearing full ceremonial dress?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #855
    Bugbear in the Playground

Scuba diving doesn't have that feeling, though. I'm not doing it now, but I tried it just in a swimming pool. 'Twere fun, wish I'd gotten my license in time to do it here!
    Scuba diving on a coral reef in clear, clear water is absolutely amazing. You have to do it.

Edit: and that ^ is one legendary smiting indeed.
    Last edited by dish; 2008-10-29 at 10:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

@Kaela: The Time's Cereomny? That the one where they walk backwards around the Quad at three am drinking port wearing full ceremonial dress?
    Two am, yeah. To fix the hole in the universe. *nods*
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

And so; Spiceboy was smote. Good enough smiting DRider?
    Most excellent. My thanks.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh wow. I just looked up this time ceremony thing. Found this site.

More evidence that England is the product of my deranged mind.

EDIT: @V: Shall we just have to shun you then?
    *Shuns Oregano.*
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-29 at 10:26 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, internets still here and my thoughts.

The internet prevails again.

Nice scripture though.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-10-29 at 10:25 AM.
    My new website/blog:

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is smiting a common practice today?

I myself smote several youngsters at the local IGA not more than a fortnight ago.

Do any of you smite? It's a wonderful pastime.
    Saying that X isn't overpowered because it can be countered in contrived manner Y does not prove that it isn't overpowered. You've proved that it has weaknesses. Congratulations. The state of being overpowered, however, is not an absence of weaknesses but a surplus of strength beyond what would be commiserate with your weaknesses.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

One day, Curly, goddess of the written world shall be forced to admit that Ina, goddess of disease and electronics, is well on her way to usurp Curly's territory.

Oregano here is a prime example of this phenomenon, and is therefore shielded by Ina's divine power.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

And yet Destro shall hold out, yea, till he is the last disciple of the Curly one even, and he shall read books when the last of the people who even knew of paper are dead and gone.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

But the internet shall be the victor as even your god, Curly herself, is addicted to the power of the internet.
    My new website/blog:

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

And I shall claim as the Dark One, whose twisted will for the world takes upon the form of Reality Television and MTV...

*Laughs Maniacally* All Popular Culture shall be mine! Already my tendrils of mind-numbing power are spreading across the Western World...

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

And yet the internet doth contain horrors unbelievable, such as people who say that squid bones exist. Truly they speak falsely, for the magic of the Curly one has made squid bones fictional in ages past.

For my part I am simply the Strange-Smelling One, god of Trout and Undead. I read because my domain is so small.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2008-10-29 at 10:59 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

26. - Top - End - #866
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

@Curly:
    They who scorn the written word and the gladness one feels of holding a book for the cold dispassionate scripting of a computer...
    GJ. *bibliophile cookie*

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Oh wow. I just looked up this time ceremony thing. Found this site.

More evidence that England is the product of my deranged mind.
    Got it back-to-front again, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    For my part I am simply the Strange-Smelling One, god of Trout and Undead. I read because my domain is so small.
    Might be scared if you were the God of Carp, those cunning and most deadly enemies of the land-dwelling races. Trout...not so much.

-----

ION: Cimmerian Magazine warns us to brace for epic from some old Oxford buffer's kids' book. Vengeful Norse Dwarves, Azog and Dain Ironfoot, Beorn the Skinchanger, and Smaug as Tony Montana in the last act of "Scarface".
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-29 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Ze formattink must be PERFEKT!

27. - Top - End - #867

Ah, but Curly, Goddess of the Written Word is also an eco - goddess so She endorses the internet in that it allows books to be published for all to read without having to buy things. She also does not believe in spending money unless absolutely necessary.
    Face it, Curly of the Written Word will out last all things. Then She will be bored and remake the universe follwoing instructions from one of the books the other ods left behind.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Got it back-to-front again, eh? :smalltongue
    Are you saying that England is a bunch of loonies, that out of sheer awesomeness... somehow created me?
    Why would the create me?
    This avatar by Phase.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

But, Curly, the books on the webbernets aren't the written word, they are one of the types of the electronic word.

And why do you think disease is so much rarer these days? Because there are so much more electronic devices!

And why do you think poorer countries have more disease than richer countries? Because they have less electronic devices than richer countries!
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gezina View Post
    One day, Curly, goddess of the written world shall be forced to admit that Ina, goddess of disease and electronics, is well on her way to usurp Curly's territory.

Oregano here is a prime example of this phenomenon, and is therefore shielded by Ina's divine power.
    I thought I was the god of disease along with Bor?

Or just Cookies and Milk?

Or random chaos?

?

Or probably forgetfullness and the mind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!