New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Because she came back, and then everyone knew who she was? And then they made a statue?
    uhmm but Nightmare Nighting and creeping for candies and offering them to NM is refered to as a long tradition, right? and it can't be more than year since her return.
    Also - you use the power of friendship and harmony to turn Evil Goddes good and than build a statue for her Evil Side? yeah, makes sence.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Ep. 4 Spoilertastic Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do realize though that this will entail a flood of Twiluna shipping...

Oddly enough, I'm ok with that...
    Spoiler
    Show
    YES! I know, isn't it just awesome? Twilight is probably my most shipped pony, she's my Rainbow Dash when it comes to shipping. Twixie, Twiluna, Twilestia and DJ Sparkle are my faves.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    overall...great episode

characterizations...
    Dash and Fluttershy---spot on

Pinkie---only little hiccup was in the alley..she promised not to scream, Luna is trying to make nice and Pinkie loses it after the lightning flash..and she wasnt around the pack of kids so her trolling the kids at that point doesnt work as explanation

AJ-- felt a little off on first seeing Luna...but then straight up AJ

Twilight-- have a bit of a problem with her...always been so respectful/fearful of Celestia(ONO i missed a letter, off to magic kindergarten for me!(after this complete Psychotic break)--I'll be thrown in the dungeon, or banished, or banished and thrown in a dungeon in the place im banished to)
    but with Luna?--- I will LECTURE her!... she even walks up and POKES her in the chest

Spike-- dead on observation.. hard to be scary while wearing a rainbow afro wig

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    YES! I know, isn't it just awesome? Twilight is probably my most shipped pony, she's my Rainbow Dash when it comes to shipping. Twixie, Twiluna, Twilestia and DJ Sparkle are my faves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    dont forget TwiPie...the alley scene even gives us some screencaps that will go perfectly with those
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-22 at 01:15 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    uhmm but Nightmare Nighting and creeping for candies and offering them to NM is refered to as a long tradition, right? and it can't be more than year since her return.
    Also - you use the power of friendship and harmony to turn Evil Goddes good and than build a statue for her Evil Side? yeah, makes sence.
    Perhaps she simply became a legend after she was sealed? She's referred to as an old mare's tale. They tell those at Halloween, you know.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cen, spoilers for those that have not seen the episode please. I guess nopony thinks they're spoilers, nvm. :/

Episode 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    Why does Luna always say "We"? Is that an old english thing or something?
    Last edited by Dirtbag; 2011-10-22 at 12:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Especially since they were apparently planning to go on to claim that it doesn't matter about telling the truth when you can make stuff up, because we should absolutely be encouraging anything that prefers gossip and hearsay and complete fabrication over reality, because that is never damaging, disrespectful or hurtful.

Wow. Those gentlemen are some piece of work.

And that, frankly, is as far as I dare go before I stop being board-appropriate about them.
    I think they were talking about stuff like the autobiography of Lobsang Rampa, who dies in the third volume.

Is it really that unreasonable to politely ask that we keep things in spoiler boxes until everyone has had a chance to see an episode, so that those of us who like to come into something as cold as possible so as to be pleasently surprise do not have our fun diminished? In a fandom that prides itself on "love and tolerance?" Are they that offensive to some of you? Did spoiler boxes bully you at school or run over your dear parents or something? It's not like that, even if we did eliminate them for new episodes and pre-releases (and lose a goodly number of the posters in the process) that this thread would not be just as full of spoilers for pictures and RP and asides and all the other things. It is really too much to ask, that for a couple of days, we use the spoiler boxes for their original, actual intended purpose?
    If you're talking to me, that's not what I was suggesting at all. I just remembered hearing about that study a few weeks ago and thought it might add to the discussion.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-22 at 12:50 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbag View Post
    Cen, spoilers for those that have not seen the episode please. I guess nopony thinks they're spoilers, nvm. :/

Episode 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    its more of a Royal thing than english per se
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Troll in the Playground

Episode 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_plural
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

9. - Top - End - #1389

Episode 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's the 'Royal We'. It refers to the fact that the royalty doesn't just speak for themselves, but as the country they're in charge of as a whole, and all the people who are a part of it.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Specifically, it refers to the royal pronom. Monarchs say the plural instead of the singular, for they represent people and nation.

Aside from that,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luna creeping everyone out with GIANT SPIDERS!!!

11. - Top - End - #1391

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    No, the point is that you build false expectations and assumptions when stories are not spoiled for you, often forcing you to reread them from the beginning before you can "get" them. But I don't really agree with the results either, to be honest. It's interesting to think about, though.
    I'm really quite surprised, not at how wrong this hits me, but at how deeply visceral my reaction to this is- especially at the thought of spoiling an Agatha Christie, as the article says they did. I will admit that sometimes a book is more fun on the second read, but a lot of that tends to be actually looking at the how piece was crafted, more than the piece itself. I like the surprises.

I tend to view books, especially mysteries, as games between me and the author. If I see the twist coming, it's a win for me, while if I fall for the author's smoke and mirrors, they get the win. When I want to set the game aside for a while, as I admittedly sometimes do, I'll either go reread a book, seeing how the author did what they did, evaluating how fairly they played (through their use of foreshadowing and the like), or I'll go grab a piece of fluff writing and play on easy for a bit.

Formulaic books are a fun of their own, just as it can sometimes be fun to play a game on easy for a bit. Heck some of my favorite reading experiences have been when I've grabbed a book expecting, often based on the cover, a rather brainless bit of fluff, and been surprised to find a solid book.

I really wasn't kidding about Agatha Christie books either. I think that article caused me to discover a, hitherto unknown, anger trigger for me. I am legitimately angry at the thought of someone spoiling that particular game for me, since she is a particularly masterful player, and I have so very few of those left unplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite simply? It's likely a matter of practicality.

Remember, the VO of Rarity also voices Luna, Zecora, and Granny Smith. Considering they all had lines, with Luna and Zecora specifically being major players in this episode, having to do Rarity on top of all of that might have been a bit much.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's also Zecora's VO? When did that piece of info come to light?I actually spent some time, both last season and during the break, trying to track down her voice actor, to see if I could figure out if the character was going to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Well, I enjoyed it. Glad to have a good one.

Though, I'm surprised it wasn't released next Saturday closer to Halloween.
    So you're sticking around then? Yay! *huggles*

Ep 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meant to ask this earlier, but did anyone else think Spike's costume looked a bit like Barney the Dinosaur?
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-10-22 at 12:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    dont forget TwiPie...the alley scene even gives us some screencaps that will go perfectly with those
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that one will probably become big, though it's not one of the greatest I think. There's also Twilight and RD (what's a good short form of that one?), I think I like that one better than TwiPie

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

S2E4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, that was brilliant!

Luna was awesome, from the moment of her entrance, absolutely superlative.

I would Andrew Joshua Talon is feeling pretty pleased, since I could totally see Progress Luna in that.

I loved the fact they made her speech archaic (amdfe me think of Thor, actually!); I was rather hoping they would, but wasn't expecting it.

I think they actually exceeded my expectations (not that I was trying to have any).

Beautifully done, take a pat on the back that crowd of ponies.

It did, indeed, significantly improve my still somewhat grim mood.

Right, now to go back and see what everyone else thought!

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoily Spoily Spoiiiiily!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I do kind of like DJ Sparkle myself. Something about the adorkable/confident combo that's just really sweet. I'm also a bit of a Twixie shipper, if only because I love fanon Trixie's personality...

I think one thing I wrote for the WTG a while back almost took a left turn into VinylxLuna, but that one was kind of weird...

Episode 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    I agree. Cen and Tectonic? If you wouldn't mind, please spoiler details (even mundane ones) from the show for the next couple days. Not everyone has access to the episodes super quickly, and we don't want to discourage people from posting.

Also, the spoilered question by Dirtbag has been answered pretty well. I have nothing else to add on that topic.

Ooh!

Psst. Raz_Fox.

Hey! Raz_Fox!

Over here.

Yes, here in this spoiler box (Warning Ep. 4):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guess how I'm going to be reading Aurenel's voice in my head from now on? I'll give you a hint - there's a reason I'm posting this in ponythread rather than OOC...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

S2E4
    Spoiler
    Show

Beautifully done, take a pat on the back that crowd of ponies.

Spoiler
    Show
    actually im watching it now on youtube... 3 identical ghost ponies in that scene...so far thats about the only copypasta bg we have seen this season

episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lunas Chariot... looks like a bit of homage to the old Munsters vehicle
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-22 at 01:08 PM.

full size avatar

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

Spoily Spoily Spoiiiiily!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I do kind of like DJ Sparkle myself. Something about the adorkable/confident combo that's just really sweet. I'm also a bit of a Twixie shipper, if only because I love fanon Trixie's personality...

I think one thing I wrote for the WTG a while back almost took a left turn into VinylxLuna, but that one was kind of weird...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vinyl and Luna? I could see that work, actually. Luna seems like she would enjoy loud music :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes DJ Sparkle.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-10-22 at 01:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Barbarian in the Playground

Season 2, episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Totally agreeing with previous posters. Luna is adorable. Tabitha St. Germain is so good at being hammy.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but ep 7 synopsis *SPOILERS, RUMORS* .
    Cont. Spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    The best part, IMO, is Sethisto and a handful of other commenters speculating about Baron Awesome ascending to canon.

In other news:

1: Sleep in to 11 am
    2: Wake up to a 1080p, day-of rip on Youtube
    3: ????
    4: PROFIT

S2:E4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really enjoyed this one, unlike last episode. Consider me in agreeance with pretty much everything said so far.

Also waiting for the first Goauld!Luna fanart to pop up.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-10-22 at 01:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Firbolg in the Playground

Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding Twilight and Luna: Luna immediately went into the 'friend' part of Twilight's Sparkle after showing knowledge in history.

And then the rest of it is 'wow, I used to be like that?!'
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It felt a bit rushed in some parts, but over all, it was great. My only real issue is Luna's voice. I think she took ye olde English thing a little too far and it got a bit grating after a while.

Saying that, I'm now even more eager to pur my Nightmare Moon costume together for May.

Also, Pip is amazing. >w<
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-10-22 at 01:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Vinyl and Luna? I could see that work, actually. Luna seems like she would enjoy loud music :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes DJ Sparkle.
    Sailing the pea-green sea of episode spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I think the connection was the whole night life angle. And then them having too many drinks and drawing mustaches on Celestia's posters...

But tangents aside, DJ Sparkle is fun; there's a story like that in progress on WTG right now, although I don't really like the author's characterization of Vinyl a whole lot. Wish I could find some other stories in that vein though; I can't recall many.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

Sailing the pea-green sea of episode spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I think the connection was the whole night life angle. And then them having too many drinks and drawing mustaches on Celestia's posters...

But tangents aside, DJ Sparkle is fun; there's a story like that in progress on WTG right now, although I don't really like the author's characterization of Vinyl a whole lot. Wish I could find some other stories in that vein though; I can't recall many.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! ^^ *hugs*

This little discussion gave me a great idea for a plot involving Twilight and Vinyl.... and Luna! Obviously this can only lead to jealousy and the Ultimate Unicorn to Unicorn Tussle over the local DJ! I've been looking for just that for a long time! Now, to abandon all other writing and write this one!

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

S2E4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    and there is NO way that screencap of Twilight on top of Pinkie is gonna be taken outta context 8p
    I thought that immediately, as well.

My next thought was "damn you ponythread, and especially you, Lix! This is all your fault!!!!"

I also thought that when Luna was hugging Fluttershy. Blast you.

*shakes fist at ponythread*

On Rarity's absence: I guess since she has the same voice actor as Luna, as has been mentioned there may have been time or even monetary limitations on having her do Rarity as well. Seeing her in a non-speaking background would have been nice.

Unless they plan on doing something with Rarity and Luna later... Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite simply? It's likely a matter of practicality.

Remember, the VO of Rarity also voices Luna, Zecora, and Granny Smith. Considering they all had lines, with Luna and Zecora specifically being major players in this episode, having to do Rarity on top of all of that might have been a bit much.
    Ah, yes, or that! I'd forgotten she voice Zecora as well. Talent, as she does it all with such aplomb.

I concur Pinkie's trolling was extremely cleverly done, they had me shaking my head and going "Pinkie... Really..." until then. Masterful.

Ditzy's moment was so true to the sort of fanon we have build up around her, I was delighted (I missed it was Carrot Top, though - extra kudos points).

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    Really liked it once Luna's true personality started showing, and it really reminded me of the fanfic Progress, which made me happy.
    I wasn't the only one, then...!

Also I keep wanting to hear her go: "All shall love me and despair!"
    Oh gods, I think that would actually make me squee.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Also waiting for the first Goauld!Luna fanart to pop up.
    Add in an SG-1 pony team and their might just be a second one...

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I think they were talking about stuff like the autobiography of Lobsang Rampa, who dies in the third volume.
    I had to look that up to get that one...

I'm still not much the wiser...

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue
    If you're talking to me, that's not what I was suggesting at all. I just remembered hearing about that study a few weeks ago and thought it might add to the discussion.
    Sorta not kinda-ish... Just put it down to righteous indignation at those...gentlemen...and their study spilling over a bit! You should know by now how I go off on a rant when I get started! It's racial thing, you know, once you start, the monologuing just takes off and you have to explain everything in explicit detail on a gradually widening subject base and -

1) I'm doing it again, aren't I?

2) Not that sort of explicit ponythread, get yer minds outta the gutter!

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sorta not kinda-ish... Just put it down to righteous indignation at those...gentlemen...and their study spilling over a bit! You should know by now how I go off on a rant when I get started! It's racial thing, you know, once you start, the monologuing just takes off and you have to explain everything in explicit detail on a gradually widening subject base and -
    so.... Arch-Baddie is a race now?

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

so.... Arch-Baddie is a race now?
    'Course 'tis! Lich! Monologuing is a racial trait. Along with the racial arrogance, racial insanity and racial Awesome...

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! ^^ *hugs*

This little discussion gave me a great idea for a plot involving Twilight and Vinyl.... and Luna! Obviously this can only lead to jealousy and the Ultimate Unicorn to Unicorn Tussle over the local DJ! I've been looking for just that for a long time! Now, to abandon all other writing and write this one!
    You know the drill! Spoilers!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glad to help!

Whatever you're planning, it sounds like fun...link me when you've got something worked up for it, I'm quite curious. Also your avatar never ceases to be adorable.

S2E4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh gods, I think that would actually make me squee.
    Spoiling all the live-long day
    Spoiler
    Show
    I reeeeaaaalllly want someone to do a fan dub of the Galadriel scene with Luna shots from this episode. I would do it myself if I had the software and any inkling of how to manage it.

You know, I can sympathize. One of my FFRP characters is basically an evil megalomaniac, and it's really hard to stop myself from IC monologue when he gets into the swing of things...

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

You know the drill! Spoilers!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glad to help!

Whatever you're planning, it sounds like fun...link me when you've got something worked up for it, I'm quite curious. Also your avatar never ceases to be adorable.
    Spoilerrrrrrific!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait... why are we spoilering this again? :P

Sure thing. Got any advice on writing Vinyl, I don't think I've ever read any Vinyl fics or thought much about her exact personality.

And thanks about the avatar ^^

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Note: I'm about ten pages behind on the thread, so sorry if I'm not responding to something important recently.

Season 2 episode 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not too sure about this episode. It's nice to see them taking the Luna-out-of-date theme that pretty much everyone had and going with it, although I'm not sure how much I prefer her revealed personality. (Note that it isn't bad, and it fits her well. I'm just not sure how much I personally prefer her over others now.)

Probably the biggest problem I had was the "adults" (Applejack, Colgate, Mayor Mare) being scared and cowering just like the children. I could easily see Pinkie and the kids screaming and running, then laughing it off afterwards. However, when you have someone like the Mayor hiding under her hooves, it's kind of hard to take it as 'everyone in town was just enjoying being scared'. Even if everyone in town does typically overreact to everything...

Also, I noticed Scootaloo dressed up as a werewolf. Sweetie Belle was probably the vampire next to her. However, they were hanging out with the pegasus in the astronaut helmet - I didn't see Applebloom anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

I had to look that up to get that one...

I'm still not much the wiser...
    That was just the most ridiculous example. A more famous, and believable, fiction book that was sold as an autobiography is A Million Little Pieces.

Oh yeah, the episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What everyone else said. One of the best, easily. It made up for the lack of Pinkie last week.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Orc in the Playground

Episode 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry people. I tried to enjoy this episode, I really did.
    But I just can't get over Luna's personality and the massive plot-holes.

I just feel this could have been handled way, way better. This just feels like an average episode of a below average show.

Some people are calling this one of their favourite episodes. Why? What exactly makes you feel it's so good?

Maybe it will feel better if I watch it a second time...