New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 66 of 136 FirstFirst ... 164156575859606162636465666768697071727374757691116 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1951
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by CDP View Post
    That means that if we can maintain this momentum, this can become the biggest Kickstarter to date.
    I think that's pretty unlikely on the whole...we have to hit saturation point some time, when everybody has got what they want out of the drive and there's nothing higher to go for, and only those few poor souls who didn't know the drive was on are still coming in to increase the totals...

2. - Top - End - #1952
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I think that's pretty unlikely on the whole...we have to hit saturation point some time, when everybody has got what they want out of the drive and there's nothing higher to go for, and only those few poor souls who didn't know the drive was on are still coming in to increase the totals...
    I'm not disagreeing, but we don't know how many of such poor souls are out there. I know it seems impossible for us involved in this thread and caught in the excitement, but there are likely people that read OotS - maybe that are in the forums - that likely have not heard what's going on. SOme people don't read the news, and are here only once a day to post in their PbPs and check if there is a new comic up.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #1953
    Troll in the Playground

I keep expecting the chart to peak out, but it doesn't do it.
    This last weekend was bigger than the one before.
    I imagine things will slow down if and when Rich runs out of mystery prizes and stops posting. The daily updates are really driving these as people keep checking for more signed and bonus stuff and upping their pledge as a result.

4. - Top - End - #1954
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    I'm not disagreeing, but we don't know how many of such poor souls are out there. I know it seems impossible for us involved in this thread and caught in the excitement, but there are likely people that read OotS - maybe that are in the forums - that likely have not heard what's going on. SOme people don't read the news, and are here only once a day to post in their PbPs and check if there is a new comic up.

Grey Wolf
    My brother only found out about the Kickstarter when I told him, since he apparently DOESN'T read the news thing... He hops in, reads comic and leaves...

5. - Top - End - #1955
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palthera View Post
    My brother only found out about the Kickstarter when I told him, since he apparently DOESN'T read the news thing... He hops in, reads comic and leaves...
    It might be in Rich's best interest, in fact, to publish the graphs as an intermission comic when there's a week left or so. He's done silier comics in the past (e.g. Q&A), so it's not completely left field, and would expose the fact that the kickstarter thing is happening to the entire readership, rather than only those who do read the news (which update so seldom I myself occasionally forget they're there). It is also no extra work on his part - he's already got the graphs done, after all. He could put the first 3 or so, and add "the story continues at kickstarter".

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

6. - Top - End - #1956
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    It might be in Rich's best interest, in fact, to publish the graphs as an intermission comic when there's a week left or so. He's done silier comics in the past (e.g. Q&A), so it's not completely left field, and would expose the fact that the kickstarter thing is happening to the entire readership, rather than only those who do read the news (which update so seldom I myself occasionally forget they're there). It is also no extra work on his part - he's already got the graphs done, after all. He could put the first 3 or so, and add "the story continues at kickstarter".

Grey Wolf
    That's a great idea, someone should mention it to him.

Tons of people only read the comic and purposefully ignore ads, forums and news type things.

7. - Top - End - #1957
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coloring time!
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

8. - Top - End - #1958
    Colossus in the Playground

Hooray for a Kickstarter update!

...Supersize print runs? I like that. And yes, I certainly enjoyed today's comic.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-02-06 at 06:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1959
    Ettin in the Playground

Alas, poor Roy!

Heheheh. I love how Thog coloured in Nale.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

10. - Top - End - #1960
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooh. Snazzy new packages are now available for those who just want the coloring books. I wonder how many of those will get snapped up.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

11. - Top - End - #1961
    Titan in the Playground

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

I'm getting double stickers & a second notepad without even upping my pledge. Eeeeexcellent!!!
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

12. - Top - End - #1962
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

I'm getting double stickers & a second notepad without even upping my pledge. Eeeeexcellent!!!

Double the fun for me too! However, with mystery prize #4 on the horizon, Rich may just get us yet!
    Last edited by SweetBB; 2012-02-06 at 07:29 PM.
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

13. - Top - End - #1963
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like I need to make another upgrade to get two copies of the Coloring Book! Let's see where the numbers land, or just wait for the questionnaire...
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

14. - Top - End - #1964
    Dwarf in the Playground

At this point, the only real annoyance about Kickstarter that I see is the inability to claim multiple rewards with a single account. It doesn't seem like it'd be difficult to do on their end, but of course I'm not them.

So, it looks like the easiest way for me to get both the signed print and the swag kit is to do it with multiple accounts.

15. - Top - End - #1965
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Hehe! I'm getting double coloring books without even upping my pledge!

I think it's hilarious that this reprint drive has been so successful that he ran out of books all over again.

16. - Top - End - #1966
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by k_bukie View Post
    At this point, the only real annoyance about Kickstarter that I see is the inability to claim multiple rewards with a single account. It doesn't seem like it'd be difficult to do on their end, but of course I'm not them.
    My guess is that they really didn't plan out their reward system when they began the site. It's designed more as a fundraising site than a pre-order deal so things like renaming pledge values or selecting multiple values didn't seem important. Changing a complex system such as this could easily require re-writing the whole system. I don't know much about their set-up but its probably not a top priority.

Sure if I were to design it now I would add checkboxes instead of radio buttons, have a database that supports multiple values and pledges that differentiated rewards and descriptions (so the description could be altered later without screwing people out of their money), but unfortunately it probably isn't worth it for them at this point.

:"Honey, we're out of milk."
    :"Clearly, that means the gods want me to kill you! Slash! Slash! Slash!"

:"Well it's about time! I was starting to think I'd researched that 'Xykon's Moderately-Escapeable Forcecage' spell for nothing!"
    vide:"Sacrificing minions: is there any problem you CAN'T solve?"

17. - Top - End - #1967
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Achievement Unlocked (Mystery Prize #4)
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

18. - Top - End - #1968

WOO HOO!! We did it!! HALF A MILLION DOLLARS!!! Sweeeeet!

19. - Top - End - #1969
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ding, ding, ding! Mystery Prize #4 unlocked!

20. - Top - End - #1970

Ooo, that coloring book looks so fun! Just like all of that other stuff! Excuse me, I need to switch to Swag Pack #1. And pledge more so I can get extra stuff.

It looks so much more fun than signatures, I gotta say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

21. - Top - End - #1971

MindFlayer

Woohoo! 500K!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thagorn View Post
    Changing a complex system such as this could easily require re-writing the whole system.
    That's nonsense. It would take 5 minutes to make a web form that could handle orders and tally quantities, sending Rich email summaries. The problem is that this pledge drive is already underway! You make new options available for future drives, but you can't really switch midstream.
    Last edited by Smolder; 2012-02-06 at 08:20 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1972
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quite a sight, isn't it ?

23. - Top - End - #1973

DwarfFighterGuy

Half a MEEEEELYION!

24. - Top - End - #1974
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I'm curious, as a Canadian, I have to add 7$ to my shipment already. Does that mean I get a second colouring book automatically, or do I have to up my pledge by another 5$? I'm doubtful I can get away with this, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

25. - Top - End - #1975

It's sooooo beautiful!

*wipes a tear away*

Our little baby Kickstarter is all grown up now.

26. - Top - End - #1976
    Firbolg in the Playground

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE

This message brought to you by probably everyone involved in this massive tribute to Mr Burlew's stick figure comic.

Now let's go get together another 500,000 for him, okay?
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-06 at 08:29 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1977
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    Woohoo! 500K!!

That's nonsense. It would take 5 minutes to make a web form that could handle orders and tally quantities, sending Rich email summaries. The problem is that this pledge drive is already underway! You make new options available for future drives, but you can't really switch midstream.
    The web form change would be the least of their problems. A change like this is likely a wholescale database rework at this point, which probably isn't worth it to them until a future website revision.

28. - Top - End - #1978
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    I'm curious, as a Canadian, I have to add 7$ to my shipment already. Does that mean I get a second colouring book automatically, or do I have to up my pledge by another 5$? I'm doubtful I can get away with this, but it couldn't hurt to ask.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e/posts/171298
    Quote Originally Posted by Update #14
    Here's how it's going to work: Every pledge that has a book or an art print will get a coloring book for free. There will also (very shortly) be some new pledge options that will let you get two coloring books without the art print, or "swag packs" of two (or five!) of every physical freebie that we're offering (stickers, notepad, coloring book, and magnet). Plus, you can add a second coloring book to any reward package with a book by simply increasing your pledge by $5! You don't need to message me telling me that you're doing it (in fact, please DON'T message me telling me that; my inbox couldn't handle it). Just increase your pledge now, and when we send the survey out asking for shipping addresses, there'll be a place to check off that you added an extra coloring book. In order to make sure we have enough, though, please do not add more than one additional coloring book (so, two total) in this manner.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Update #14
    But it's not just a goal, it's also a reward, because if we reach that line, some rewards will get super-sized as well! Every pledge that goes over the $125 mark (including any shipping surcharge) will get TWO sheets of stickers and TWO notepads, while every pledge that goes over the $250 mark (again, including shipping surcharge) will get TWO coloring books for no additional charge (and can still add a third one for $5).
    Since Rich didn't say in the first case that "including any shipping charges", I would presume that you would indeed have to pledge the extra $5.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-06 at 08:31 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

29. - Top - End - #1979
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBB View Post
    WOO HOO!! We did it!! HALF A MILLION DOLLARS!!! Sweeeeet!
    It just occurred to me...Rich probably put out the update when he did so that he could have a little more time to think of what the 500k Mystery Prize would be!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

30. - Top - End - #1980
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Since Rich didn't say in the first case that "including any shipping charges", I would presume that you would indeed have to pledge the extra $5.
    I thought so, but like I said, it couldn't hurt to ask.