New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post

Anyway, it's nearly eight in Pennsylvania, was the Giant referring to his own time zone when he said the real update would be later tonight?
    Later tonight in Giant-speak generally translates into after 3 am Pennsylvania time.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

2. - Top - End - #3242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Later tonight in Giant-speak generally translates into after 3 am Pennsylvania time.
    Dang. I wanna see what the Mystery prize is!

Also to find out if there's any more we can raise that he can shape into a goal.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3243
    Pixie in the Playground

Does anyone know if it is allowed to add 2 Sticky Schtick packs to a previous pledge? I'm going to need to adjust my pledge anyways for sales tax, might as well add some more swag as well (if I can). I would guess yes as the cards would not take up that much space.

4. - Top - End - #3244

Quote Originally Posted by Diadem View Post
    And of course Rich is partly to blame here. He's the one doing business with kickstarter.
    Well, his alternative option is to not do business with kickstarter, and not run a reprint drive. In that case he would not be responsible for your frustration, but you wouldn't exactly be able to pledge, either.

5. - Top - End - #3245
    Ogre in the Playground

Jefferson. (But our high school does get to represent Pierce in Mock Trial, for some reason.)
    Grays Harbor here, so I guess I'm within driving distance of both of you!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

6. - Top - End - #3246
    Ettin in the Playground

All I will say is that I agree that it is odd that Amazon, as a major website, doesn't accept Paypal when so much of the internet does.

But enough negative vibes and arguing people! We broke 1,000,000 dollars gorram it! That's gorram insane and amazing!

7. - Top - End - #3247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    All I will say is that I agree that it is odd that Amazon, as a major website, doesn't accept Paypal when so much of the internet does.

But enough negative vibes and arguing people! We broke 1,000,000 dollars gorram it! That's gorram insane and amazing!
    I could easily be wrong about this, but isn't that because most of the internet don't have their own internal payment system because it's far too much hassle. over Since Amazon does have one which they have total control over rather than relying on something else like Paypal, I'd say it'd be weird for them to use Paypal.

They really should sort out whatever Amazon.de's issue with non-credit cards is though.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-02-19 at 08:12 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

8. - Top - End - #3248
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    Due to the Kickstarter peculiarity of charging you only when the drive ends, if there's a problem with your Amazon Payments account (if you used a pre-paid or debit card that isn't accepted after all, for example), you won't find out until it's too late.

Credit cards are probably accepted regardless of country (Amazon.com Visa, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club and JCB are those that can be selected.) Pre-paid and debit cards, not necessarily - even if they have the Visa logo on them.
    ...Oh dear.

I have a Bank of America debit card and I live in the US. I've made online purchases with it before, but not with Amazon...

9. - Top - End - #3249
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Rich upped some of the limited points again about eight minutes ago:

PLEDGE $49 OR MORE
    27 BACKERS • Limited Reward (23 of 50 remaining)
    PATIENCE for a SIGNED PRINT: The 8x10 art print, autographed by the author, plus the Roy Greenhilt magnet and the coloring book and stuff. Add any one signed book for an additional $45. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $7 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $10.) PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY DATE: This package will not ship until all other orders have been fulfilled!
    Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012

PLEDGE $240 OR MORE
    18 BACKERS • Limited Reward (7 of 25 remaining)
    A complete set of all 8 limited edition OOTS holiday ornaments from 2004 to 2011, signed by the artist, Rich Burlew, plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet. Add one copy of every OOTS books signed for $262 (or message me to add selected books only). (Ornaments must ship separately from books to avoid breakage. Canada/Mexico orders, please add $34 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $49.) [New reward! Added 1/27/12.]
    Estimated Delivery: May 2012

Hurry and grab before they're closed once again.

=====

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    ...Oh dear.

I have a Bank of America debit card and I live in the US. I've made online purchases with it before, but not with Amazon...
    There is almost NO WAY Amazon Payments will not accept a BoA debit card. I'd say less than 1% chance. Actually, I'd say less than .001% chance.

Big Banks have power, after all.

I DO know for an absolute fact that Amazon Proper (as opposed to Amazon Payments) accepts BoA debit cards. So, don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-19 at 08:18 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

10. - Top - End - #3250
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Possibly because they don't want to have to deal with PR disasters like this due to use of Paypal as the payment medium.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

11. - Top - End - #3251
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    Possibly because they don't want to have to deal with PR disasters like this due to use of Paypal as the payment medium.
    Also probably because PayPal is a Direct Competitor to Amazon Payments.

It's like asking why one can't use a Microsoft Gift Card at an Apple Store.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

12. - Top - End - #3252
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post

There is almost NO WAY Amazon Payments will not accept a BoA debit card. I'd say less than 1% chance. Actually, I'd say less than .001% chance.

Big Banks have power, after all.

I DO know for an absolute fact that Amazon Proper (as opposed to Amazon Payments) accepts BoA debit cards. So, don't worry about it.
    *Sighs in relief* Phew. Okay. Good.

Besides, I just looked at the Kickstarter FAQ and if your credit/debit card doesn't go through, you've got a week to fix it. Worst case scenario, I'll tell my parents about the Kickstarter, possibly have a bit of an awkward conversation, and then have my parents pay for it directly with their credit card while I pay them back from my account which only has a debit card.

13. - Top - End - #3253

Also probably because PayPal is a Direct Competitor to Amazon Payments.

It's like asking why one can't use a Microsoft Gift Card at an Apple Store.
    Not without some intermediate laundry service.
    It's probably pretty tough to buy a car with Microsoft Points exchanged for Chuck-E-Cheeze tickets, but I'm sure someone has figured out how.
    Beware! Beware!

14. - Top - End - #3254
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rich upped some of the limited points again about eight minutes ago:

PLEDGE $49 OR MORE
    27 BACKERS • Limited Reward (23 of 50 remaining)
    PATIENCE for a SIGNED PRINT: The 8x10 art print, autographed by the author, plus the Roy Greenhilt magnet and the coloring book and stuff. Add any one signed book for an additional $45. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $7 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $10.) PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY DATE: This package will not ship until all other orders have been fulfilled!
    Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012
    Snagged one of these. Which means a Patience for a Signed Book has opened up.

I'm content with my pledge now.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

15. - Top - End - #3255
    Troll in the Playground

Hooray!
    I now have three kickstarter accounts
    And am getting:
    A signed print
    A signed book
    The complete game
    the swag pack 2 (Because you can NEVER have enough stickers)

16. - Top - End - #3256
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm happy getting all the books being that I have none of them, so the Whole Story Package has been ever so awesome. I also added money for a patch because patches are cool!
    Last edited by Evil_Lamp_6; 2012-02-19 at 08:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #3257
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    I...

I don't have words for that.

I think I might just stop using paypal.

18. - Top - End - #3258
    Pixie in the Playground

Forbiddenwar's post makes me wonder...........me adding/changing my choice from "The Whole Story" to "Patience" {but just adding the amount of Patience to the former} will Rich not be able to ship both? Should I just drop my pledge to the Patience pledge amount? And then buy the books from the store at a later time. I know he mentioned something about not being able to combine some orders due to the box sizes and shipping costs. I also thought there was a exception for autograph pledges. Anyone have any thoughts/insight on my plight? Thanks.

19. - Top - End - #3259
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grimly Feendish View Post
    But I'm in the 51st state.
    OOH!
    Which one? Puerto Rico or Guam?

Quote Originally Posted by Elw00d View Post
    Forbiddenwar's post makes me wonder...........me adding/changing my choice from "The Whole Story" to "Patience" {but just adding the amount of Patience to the former} will Rich not be able to ship both? Should I just drop my pledge to the Patience pledge amount? And then buy the books from the store at a later time. I know he mentioned something about not being able to combine some orders due to the box sizes and shipping costs. I also thought there was a exception for autograph pledges. Anyone have any thoughts/insight on my plight? Thanks.
    Reasoning for my multiple accounts:
    1) The full game is big - can't add anything to it besides a print and a thin book and I REALLY wanted the signed print
    2) The swag pack 2 can't be combined with anything else, especially not the full game
    3) if having 3 separate kickstarter accounts gets me awards sooner (see one of them was a patience reward) AND makes my life as well as Rich's easier, well then I will have three accounts and not worry about emailing Rich to see if I can combine X+y packages for Z amount.

Luckily, kickstarter accounts /= Amazon accounts. Everything is still coming from the same Amazon account.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-19 at 08:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #3260

I...

I don't have words for that.

I think I might just stop using paypal.
    The not as widely known
    Caveat venditor

I would make a joke here about the world's smallest violin, but I don't want my fingers broken.
    Beware! Beware!

21. - Top - End - #3261
    Troll in the Playground

You assume I'm even in the Puget Sound area . I could be off in the Grand Coulee Dam area for all you know. (I am, but I have no idea if I'd ever meet your friends. Seattle is pretty big.)

My area is more into wearing Victorian clothes than steampunk actually.

Do you know Abney Park? Or a certain Dana H.? Or perhaps Anthony H. (different H)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

22. - Top - End - #3262

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Do you know Abney Park? Or a certain Dana H.? Or perhaps Anthony H. (different H)?
    Not that I know of.

I don't live in Seattle, and even then, it's still a massive city. I'm probably not going to know people from there.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-19 at 09:01 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #3263
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Diadem View Post
    Regardless though, only accepting credit cards is a terrible terrible practice, that should be rooted out.

And of course Rich is partly to blame here. He's the one doing business with kickstarter.
    What, are you getting a commission from ebay/paypal or something, or just trolling?

24. - Top - End - #3264
    Ogre in the Playground

Not that I know of.

I don't live in Seattle, and even then, it's still a massive city. I'm probably not going to know people from there.
    Same here.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

25. - Top - End - #3265
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    OOH!
    Which one? Puerto Rico or Guam?
    Maybe DC, after all they keep trying to gain statehood.
    Last edited by blackjack217; 2012-02-19 at 09:20 PM.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

26. - Top - End - #3266
    Troll in the Playground

Mystery Prize 8 (Guess) A photo of Rich Burlew's accountant's face when he/she finds out about the kickstarter total.

27. - Top - End - #3267
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yay! Rich took my Dr Evil Reference. I hope Scruffy can be both mr. bigglesworth and Mini Belkar.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

28. - Top - End - #3268
    Troll in the Playground

You know, Coffee, your Murphy's Law banner isn't showing up. Maybe you should upload it to imgur instead of Photobucket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

29. - Top - End - #3269
    Ogre in the Playground

Thought this was kinda funny, so I took a screenshot:

Spoiler
    Show
    ^~Cody T.~^

30. - Top - End - #3270
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

11111 Comments & 12345 Backers :D
    '<><