New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Don't you have to do some homework, Mister I-Have-a-"D"-in-Latin?
    Is it a D for "deditum"?

CLAMO RIDENS

I owe some replies to excellent interloquitors, but I'm doing homework and just popped in to do some nonsensical rambling

edit Dimonitus, man... your Phoenician is great, but you write Roman letters like a Gaul.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-29 at 10:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

I can't draw as well. Hooray fitting in

For what it's worth, you're all better then me by leaps and bounds.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Is it a D for "deditum"?

CLAMO RIDENS

I owe some replies to excellent interloquitors, but I'm doing homework and just popped in to do some nonsensical rambling

edit Dimonitus, man... your Phoenician is great, but you write Roman letters like a Gaul.
    its NC for "you are bad at this".

Yeaahhh!

Indeed, cool looking words. But that inglis... What... what was that? WRITE IN CURSIVE SO IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR "fancy-lazy".
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post

Yeaahhh!

Indeed, cool looking words. But that inglis... What... what was that? WRITE IN CURSIVE SO IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR "fancy-lazy".
    Is it a D for "deditum"?

CLAMO RIDENS

Guys, that's not even good Phoenician, not least because I added bits to some of the characters to bring the letter count up to 26. And Sheepy, my cursive (believe it or not) not only takes longer to write, but also makes my writing even more illegible. As for "writing Roman letters like a Gaul"... yeah, I'll take that.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeaahhh!

Poor Sheepaboo. Well, I've offered to help you if you need it. I took several years of Latin for absolutely no reason at all during my undergrad, and got all 'A's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Guys, that's not even good Phoenician, not least because I added bits to some of the characters to bring the letter count up to 26. And Sheepy, my cursive (believe it or not) not only takes longer to write, but also makes my writing even more illegible. As for "writing Roman letters like a Gaul"... yeah, I'll take that.
    Confessus es!!! O heu, incensus!!! TERRA VOLVO RIDENS

Well I wouldn't know the difference. I've never had the pleasure of studying Phoenician. I think they look cool, and your angular square-heavy graphia makes it look like runes.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Itsmore a problem of inadaquate studying, Knee. But thanks.

Dimo, the point is that writing in cursive makes your writing look, rather than "does he know how to write?", "if he was a bit slower we could keep up with his lunacy".
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

7. - Top - End - #907

Confessus es!!! O heu, incensus!!! TERRA VOLVO RIDENS

Well I wouldn't know the difference. I've never had the pleasure of studying Phoenician. I think they look cool, and your angular square-heavy graphia makes it look like runes.
    Well thanks! I always knew Phoenician looked cool, that's why I chose to take my Psych notes in it. (Analyze that, armchair psychiatrists!)

Your Latin saddens me, because I do not understand it. Tragic circumstances prevented me from taking a fourth year of Latin in High School, so my knowledge of the language has deteriorated greatly. It's all I can do to remember that "Ridens" is a present active participle because of the "ns" ending.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah. Well, I'm not much of a scientist anyway. And that's probably the one subject menial labor is involved in, so darn.
    Alternatively, who will empty brass spit valves and retune violins after rehearsals?
    That's great. Err, great as in really funny. My naked people almost always turn out wrong. And I just draw them to practice anatomy. .
    Part of the scandal was the anatomical accuracy and high quality of the drawings.
    My letter is so bad my signature is more readable than me writing my name.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Lutfisk is only really eaten for Christmas, but even then it's on the decline, because the taste is something you need to get used to. It's pretty funny how our traditional Christmas food originally was the only types of food you could preserve over the winter, like pickled herring, root vegetables, cabbage and sausages, but in large amounts and with a newly butchered ham on top to mark the festivities.
    There is much to be read in the medieval significance of the ham: the annual winter slaughter, to avoid the cost of feeding livestock until spring; the innate fecundity of the pig and its ability to turn death [garbage and scraps] into life; its tactile closeness to human flesh, both alive and dead. I am not sure what kind of text the signifiers quantify, compounded, but it is definitely grotesquely sublime.

My own family emigrated to the new world quite recently, and have joined the settler's culture that eats the turkey at Christmas rather than the ham. But the root vegetables and cabbages are there in tradition as well. And yet the only thing that really differentiates Christmas from Thanksgiving in my family is dishes bearing spice: ginger and nutmeg and cloves and cinnamon all celebrated, a hearkening of the English spice trade since we are new British joining a British-descended settler culture. And yet how exactly that figures into the Christmas death-rebirth theme I have not been able to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Huh. I'm thinking a chicken leg on a stick for myself.

Aaand, apparently when I google my username, it links to all of my WW Qt's. That's awkward.
    I am not sure under what circumstances one might bait a crane, nor with what. But it would involve some such thing.

Chicken is just too unfortunate a signifier for me to allow you, honourable youth, especially in the context of bait for some predatory monster, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Ahh, nothing a good organ purchase can't fix then, specially if not congenital but caused by ingestion of alcohol.
    Indeed. I am waiting every day for the other shoe to drop. I have a congenital disposition to alcoholism and depression from my father's line, even if I have been blessed with the lithe frame and full head of hair from my mother's.

I do not have a good diet, I have one that allows me to be inside proper body mass range; but at times I will oscillate between the two extremes, and it is by no means healthy, starting by the fact that I can boast not having eaten an unfried vegetable or fruit for 15 years.

There have been times when I have not eaten for two days and others when I had two lunches, three tea times and the customary breakfast and dinner.

My body is also suffering the effects of having had hobbies which on hindsight despite being incredible experiences have left me considerably less pristine than the average person, for best or for worse.
    Absolutely no; my ancestry is further west or further south east. No waffle blood in my veins.
    All of these things are easily turned into my vision of you as a mad genius, with a mane of black Mediterranean curls, a bronze complexion sallowed by subterranean concentrations, and fiery black eyes. But I tend to idealize anybody with refinement in music and composition, as one will idealize anybody with such great success in the realm of one's own failings.

Well thanks! I always knew Phoenician looked cool, that's why I chose to take my Psych notes in it. (Analyze that, armchair psychiatrists!)

Your Latin saddens me, because I do not understand it. Tragic circumstances prevented me from taking a fourth year of Latin in High School, so my knowledge of the language has deteriorated greatly. It's all I can do to remember that "Ridens" is a present active participle because of the "ns" ending.
    That, at least, is correct, good sir. We all must pick and choose what we retain in this life, for this modern world offers too much; we are not the scholars of the fin-de-siècle, who may swim the pools of their incestuous scholarship natively in three or five tongues. Be content that you know what a present active participle is, for that alone is a piece of wisdom rarely possessed in this vernacular age which so consistently aminds me of the post-classical disaster.

edit If I seem lugubrious, I beg your [pl.] forgiveness. I have sunk myself deeply into port while preparing a presentation on the memory of Nazi collaborators and their descendants. It is not a colourful recipe.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-30 at 12:16 AM.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Barbarian in the Playground

Excuse me, need to highjack the thread for a moment. Shine the spotlight on myself. Do a little dance in one of few places I can at the moment.

After the last month or so of being kinda depressed that I was going to have to find a new job due to my hours being cut (due to being technically only part time), I find out tonight that I'm getting promoted!!!

Now, the manager himself isn't going to talk to me about it til Wed, honestly I don't know why he waits now he knows that I now know, but WOOOOO!!!!! (So that means I can't talk about it just yet on Facebook/Twitter, so if you know me there, please please PLEASE don't say anything there yet. I will make plenty of wooings there too when I can :D)

More wiggle room when it comes to moneys!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed. I am waiting every day for the other shoe to drop. I have a congenital disposition to alcoholism and depression from my father's line, even if I have been blessed with the lithe frame and full head of hair from my mother's.
    I have the opposite of a predisposition for alcohol in terms of genetics, my father is allergic to alcoholic beverages. Not that I have tried to see if I have inherited it.

As for depression, music without composing tends to ward it off.
    All of these things are easily turned into my vision of you as a mad genius, with a mane of black Mediterranean curls, a bronze complexion sallowed by subterranean concentrations, and fiery black eyes. But I tend to idealize anybody with refinement in music and composition, as one will idealize anybody with such great success in the realm of one's own failings.
    In a turn of events I lack black curls and bronze complexion. My eyes are a soft brown which in summer turns to a slightly lighter hue.

My hair is equally tended towards the colour of darker wood and unless I leave it untended it is rather straight, only curling to indicate that I need it trimmed. On particularly horrible summers it tends to change to my mother's birth hue but otherwise it is quite plain if ever combed.

The final negation is that my skin is not Mediterranean by both genetics, with my ancestry coming mainly from the northern of Italy and the fairer regions of Spain, with even my Naepolitan ascendency being rather light of tone and by a lack of exposure to the sun, even my love of gardening and playing a keyboard on park benches on fair days considered. It is actually rather fair, only marked by surgery scars, burns and cuts, most of them not visible.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

I have the opposite of a predisposition for alcohol in terms of genetics, my father is allergic to alcoholic beverages. Not that I have tried to see if I have inherited it.

As for depression, music without composing tends to ward it off.
    Well, the sooner you decide to try is the sooner my dream dies of draining your cellars like a great bee might drain the nexus of a cultivated blossom.

Bach's sublime medicine does indeed ward away what ails me, when it arises. I spent some truly therapeutic time this evening with the Prelude & Fugue in in F Major.

In a turn of events I lack black curls and bronze complexion. My eyes are a soft brown which in summer turns to a slightly lighter hue.

My hair is equally tended towards the colour of darker wood and unless I leave it untended it is rather straight, only curling to indicate that I need it trimmed. On particularly horrible summers it tends to change to my mother's birth hue but otherwise it is quite plain if ever combed.

The final negation is that my skin is not Mediterranean by both genetics, with my ancestry coming mainly from the northern of Italy and the fairer regions of Spain, with even my Naepolitan ascendency being rather light of tone and by a lack of exposure to the sun, even my love of gardening and playing a keyboard on park benches on fair days considered. It is actually rather fair, only marked by surgery scars, burns and cuts, most of them not visible.
    All of these qualities are duly noted, and I thank you for the detail: and yet they do not unravel my imagining of a delicious mad genius; they only inform the particulars.

Your love of gardening, you say? Will you share what you cultivate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    Excuse me, need to highjack the thread for a moment. Shine the spotlight on myself. Do a little dance in one of few places I can at the moment.

After the last month or so of being kinda depressed that I was going to have to find a new job due to my hours being cut (due to being technically only part time), I find out tonight that I'm getting promoted!!!

Now, the manager himself isn't going to talk to me about it til Wed, honestly I don't know why he waits now he knows that I now know, but WOOOOO!!!!! (So that means I can't talk about it just yet on Facebook/Twitter, so if you know me there, please please PLEASE don't say anything there yet. I will make plenty of wooings there too when I can :D)

More wiggle room when it comes to moneys!!!
    This is excellent, and though I know you not, I wish you the best.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-30 at 12:57 AM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the sooner you decide to try is the sooner my dream dies of draining your cellars like a great bee might drain the nexus of a cultivated blossom.
    Do not worry, I am abstemious, so my cellar is always going to be filled in wait for your arrival.
    Bach's sublime medicine does indeed ward away what ails me, when it arises. I spent some truly therapeutic time this evening with the Prelude & Fugue in in F Major.
    I find therapy in more violent exercises of drainage of energy. The one piece that will always cheer me up is ironically the one that caused me the most pain during the learning process and which had me in the brink of insanity for the final week of learning. Chopin Etude Op 10 No. 12.
    All of these qualities are duly noted, and I thank you for the detail: and yet they do not unravel my imagining of a delicious mad genius; they only inform the particulars.

Your love of gardening, you say? Will you share what you cultivate?
    I am mad, that much I can confirum; how much of a genius is for history to say.

I do not grow edibles so much as foster a collection in my patch of garden to which my window oversees. My personal favourites are my small collection of orchids brought from a trip to Moyobamba followed by one of my most recent specimens, a Dionaea Muscipula, more commonly known as Venus Flytrap. Outside my garden I have three bonsais on my window sill which I have been experimenting on sprinkling and bathing in a mix between animal blood and water, with the hopes that eventually somewhere along its descendency it will develop the capacity to survive solely on animal blood. Outside of that I have the regular garden flora in between daisies, roses, geraniums, liliums and anthuriums. And well, topiaries.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

So I managed to get superglue on my fingers last night. This is very irritating. And now in trying to get it off, I have one shredded fingertip, one halfway skinned, and one still deadened by the glue.

Someone hand me the sandpaper.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

You can find all of the first season on Youtube. It's so deliciously campy. We also watched Addam's Family Values while they did their makeup, which holy smokes is a hoot! Angelica Houston as Morticia, rrrrrrrrawr.

There is deeper witchcraft in Hallowe'en than the feast-or-famine candle against the darkness, I think. It is a blossoming of repressed desires, a pressure valve for our demons, ... I have not enjoyed my stimulant yet this morning, so my poetic perspicacity to describe what I mean is limited. I shall remedy that dearth momentarily.
    Hmm... I shall have to give some thought to that... Unfortunately, I have not had the fortune to watch any of the movies that have been produced.

Ah yes... Repressed desires. Repressed for the sake of practicality and let loose when the occasion will allow.
    Do not be concerned about a lack of stimulants interfering with your ability to properly communicate your ideas. My unfortunately sleep deprived brain despite my eleven hours of sleep is shockingly capable of understanding things... It is rather confusing...

I confess, I have absolutely no mental image of you. I just see a thoughtful large-eyed pony soberly picking the keys with the outer edge of his hooves.
    Indeed. I do everything soberly, my mental faculties only ever impaired by illness or sleep deprivation.
    But alas, I am not a pony. Which is mildly upsetting as I could use the advantage I would gain from the enhanced strength, speed and resilience of an Equestrian Terran. Not to mention the strong teeth.
    Still... I suppose I have done nothing to enforce a mental image of any sort save my use of Equine Avatars. I must admit that I still view you in my mind as a very stylish budgie.

Yay! Poirot! I used to watch it with my parents when I was young. I love that man.
    He is thirty-six times better than Sherlock Holmes. Yet, I still am unsure whether I am more fond of him or Miss Marple.
    I must acquire the entirety of the Poirot mysteries as performed by David Suchet and the Miss Marple mysteries as performed by Geraldine McEwan and then Julia McKenzie.
    But that would require far too much effort.

You're both Michelangelo compared to me. I mean, my art is on a par with my handwriting. For reference, a sample of my handwriting:
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, that's from when I was taking notes using the Phoenician alphabet. It took me a while to realize that, because my English handwriting looks like this:

EDIT: Large images, working on sizing them down a bit right now.

Fixed it.
    Your handwriting is atrocious... And I should know, I have illegible handwriting, and that is worse! But then, I write in a weird half-cursive half-printing kind of way due to my educational influences. So at least it looks consistent.
    Until I try and write neatly... And then you can watch it deteriorate down the page...

Alternatively, who will empty brass spit valves and retune violins after rehearsals?
    Any musician who won't empty their own spit valves or tune their own instrument should just go home. We don't need their kind here.

However, some instruments get an exemption from the tuning rule.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Why do I feel so absolutely crap today..

My muscles ache horribly, and I've got a mild-ish headache and stomach-ache. I barely have the energy to do anything, but I still had to go to a job placement appointment this afternoon which utterly exhaused me even further to the point that now my fingers feel leaden and I can barely type as fast as I usually do.

Anyone have a shotgun handy so I can shoot myself into oblivion? 'Cause if this is life then it isn't worth living. *bleary eyed Myn who awaits death*

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

17. - Top - End - #917
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Anyone have a shotgun handy so I can shoot myself into oblivion? 'Cause if this is life then it isn't worth living. *bleary eyed Myn who awaits death*
    Wow. If fatigue and a mild headache are enough for you to wish for the sweet oblivion of death, I hate to think what you'll do if you have something really serious wrong with you!

(Are you sure you're not dehydrated? That can have some of the symptoms you're describing).

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Wow. If fatigue and a mild headache are enough for you to wish for the sweet oblivion of death, I hate to think what you'll do if you have something really serious wrong with you!

(Are you sure you're not dehydrated? That can have some of the symptoms you're describing).
    I've had plenty of water since I woke up a few hours ago. And it's worse than just usual fatigue, I literally can barely type right now and my headache is worsening as I speak. And I don't think we have any painkillers in the house.. Ele what did you do, is this to punish me for something?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ettin in the Playground

I've had plenty of water since I woke up a few hours ago. And it's worse than just usual fatigue, I literally can barely type right now and my headache is worsening as I speak. And I don't think we have any painkillers in the house.. Ele what did you do, is this to punish me for something?
    I haven't done anything! Unless of course, you caught something from me.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't done anything! Unless of course, you caught something from me.
    Boyfriend thinks death may be imminent so is calling 13HEALTH.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Nordics, eh? Not Scandinavians? I had always wondered what the self-chosen, self-applied term was.
    First of all, the Nordics are a more encompassing term, which was why I used it. I would've said Europe or the World if it was true in either of those cases. But yes, we usually talk about the Nordics, because we Scandinavian countries cooperate just as much with Finland as we do between eachother, and Iceland is too small to not care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    How does one prepare for lab-assisting?
    Mostly by going through the lab instructions before it takes place and solving the problems yourself so you can minimise the amount of thinking required when you're in the action.

Poor Teddy. Of course, those are COLLEGE Freshies, so they are not as bad.
    Silly sheep, I'm a lab assistent, not a lab partner. I make freshmen understand how to use the brain, not clean their test tubes (or keyboards, since test tubes haven't been a component in computers ever since the invention of the transistor). My position is only inferior to the actual scientists.[/ego]

This is more than I understand, but I know that "volvo" roughly means "rotate" or "roll". Yay, Swedish car industry has proven itself useful again!

There is much to be read in the medieval significance of the ham: the annual winter slaughter, to avoid the cost of feeding livestock until spring; the innate fecundity of the pig and its ability to turn death [garbage and scraps] into life; its tactile closeness to human flesh, both alive and dead. I am not sure what kind of text the signifiers quantify, compounded, but it is definitely grotesquely sublime.
    I mostly think about the pig as a very easy animal to hold up here in the north. It's diet consists of just about everything that can be found in our nature, but since it produces nothing useful apart from it's meat (unlike horses, sheep and dairy cows), it was historically only held to provide affordable food for festivities (and sausages).

On the contrary, below the Mediterranean, pigs only eat what humans could eat, so holding pigs not only was a sign of opulence, it actually worsened the effects of famine, hence why many cultures have forbidden it down in that area.

My own family emigrated to the new world quite recently, and have joined the settler's culture that eats the turkey at Christmas rather than the ham. But the root vegetables and cabbages are there in tradition as well. And yet the only thing that really differentiates Christmas from Thanksgiving in my family is dishes bearing spice: ginger and nutmeg and cloves and cinnamon all celebrated, a hearkening of the English spice trade since we are new British joining a British-descended settler culture. And yet how exactly that figures into the Christmas death-rebirth theme I have not been able to read.
    I don't think it has anything to do with the death-rebirth theme, but rather as the means to further mark the festivities. Spices such as saffron, cardamum, cinnamon and cloves are all important in our Christmas kitchen, probably because spices are traditionally signs of wealth, so using lots of spices in the cooking was a way of showing that your family isn't marked by poverty. That, and spices make bland food taste good (if you know how to use them).
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ettin in the Playground

Boyfriend thinks death may be imminent so is calling 13HEALTH.
    He is likely being a hypochondriac by proxy, or simply overly melodramatic. But let him make phone calls if he wants to. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Also, has anyone else noticed the server running really slowly? Is that connected to inclement weather somewhere?
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-30 at 04:11 AM.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Turns out they need to send an ambulance out for me. Either just to make sure, or to take me away for more tests. The latter is more likely, said the paramedic on the phone. Wish me luck.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ettin in the Playground

Turns out they need to send an ambulance out for me. Either just to make sure, or to take me away for more tests. The latter is more likely, said the paramedic on the phone. Wish me luck.
    Oh dear... I hope it's nothing serious... You looked fine on Sunday!
    Good luck!

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

In the waiting room - so far, not going to die. Will keep you guys posted!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay! That's good news at least. From what I understand, having a pulse and being able to breathe is a requirement to being allowed to post on here. It's under one of the forum rules I think.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

In the waiting room - so far, not going to die. Will keep you guys posted!
    Yay, not dead! That good. Lettus know when you know what ever the thing is that itis so we can know too.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-30 at 06:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

Probably someone who is see-through?

I'm not quite sure... Socratov sounds like a greek ruler dude, so perhaps someone in a toga with a small crown?
    hm... that could become a future avatar of mine (as soon as I grow weary of Tyrion, which may take a while or even longer)...
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post

Sounds like a hangover, an really bad one at that too... My hangovercure is a hearty breakfast, 2 aspirin, 3 glasses of water. keep rest until pounding in head stops, then watch tv, series, or snuggle with boy/girlfriend (depending on tastes), or (if boy/girlfriend is not in stock) read some good books. After 1 day your hangover will be gone.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

29. - Top - End - #929

That, at least, is correct, good sir. We all must pick and choose what we retain in this life, for this modern world offers too much; we are not the scholars of the fin-de-siècle, who may swim the pools of their incestuous scholarship natively in three or five tongues. Be content that you know what a present active participle is, for that alone is a piece of wisdom rarely possessed in this vernacular age which so consistently aminds me of the post-classical disaster.

edit If I seem lugubrious, I beg your [pl.] forgiveness. I have sunk myself deeply into port while preparing a presentation on the memory of Nazi collaborators and their descendants. It is not a colourful recipe.
    *single tear rolls down cheek*
    ...that was beautiful.

Why do I feel so absolutely crap today..

My muscles ache horribly, and I've got a mild-ish headache and stomach-ache. I barely have the energy to do anything, but I still had to go to a job placement appointment this afternoon which utterly exhaused me even further to the point that now my fingers feel leaden and I can barely type as fast as I usually do.

*crosses fingers and hopes for you to be OK*

He is likely being a hypochondriac by proxy, or simply overly melodramatic. But let him make phone calls if he wants to. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Also, has anyone else noticed the server running really slowly? Is that connected to inclement weather somewhere?
    You may be right; it could be proxy hypochondria. Or the boyfriend just saved his life, because those are the symptoms of meningitis. I'm not saying that's what it is - when I had those symptoms and got tested for meningitis, it turned out to just be strep throat combined with working too hard, so panic isn't the appropriate response - but taking him to the hospital immediately definitely was. Again, it may be nothing - but as you said, better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-30 at 07:20 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

30. - Top - End - #930
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Random question for y'all - any of you know of some good cold pasta recipes for lunches? I'm currently using a cold pasta + peas + cheese + tomato with a little olive oil and lemon juice, but wanting to try some other pasta recipes as well.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus