New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Cuthalion's Creatively Created Cranny for Random Banter #192

Hey you know what's really enjoyable? Accidently buying two year long subscriptions to DND Insider for 71 dollars each, and there being no real way to get a refund on one of them

Here's hoping the support can get back to me on this.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    So...
    Its honestly kind of sad how much more free time I had when it was down. And how much I had nothing to fill it.
    Yeah, I got this too. During the downtime, I managed to get riddiculously involved in the upcoming steampunk festival I'm involved in and catch up on two webcomics. And also be really, really bored. Having my favourite webcomic go on a hiatus just a week before didn't really help either.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    [...] and my Dad gave me full clearance up to and including billing rights (let's see how to works out (very well if I'm honest (which I am))), so all I have to do is 'lose' the information and makes sure everything's fixed before the only other 'admin' gets back.
    Did he make you a superadministrator? That is, did he give you the rights to make others administrators, or... take away their administrator priviledges? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

Should I be worried about this?
    Perhaps, slightly. Try to balance it out by leaving them cheery messages on their computers whenever they least expect it. That way you can experience your rush of omnipotence without neccessarly having to turn evil...

ION:
    Haircut pictures are up in the You thread, for those of you who are interested but not regulars.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I IMed you, and you didn't even reply!!!!

ION: So, Moonie got her first detention. Ever. And went on a shopping trip. And started wearing eyeliner without screaming.

Busy week.

Dammit, paper due tomorrow. How do they sneak up on me?
    I am so sorry! I don't check Gmail, so I miss you a lot. Get AIM or Skype, so then I won't miss you!

Yay detention! I've been in detention... a few times. For being late to class. Got a detention in high school while I was still in middle school.

Shopping trips. Bleurgh. I'd say the same about eyeliner, but I've never tried it.

Papers are sneaky little buggers. I suspect it's some kind of memory magic--AAAAAUGH I STILL NEED TO DO MY LAB REPORT

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey you know what's really enjoyable? Accidently buying two year long subscriptions to DND Insider for 71 dollars each, and there being no real way to get a refund on one of them

Here's hoping too. You need the money to get the mic and webcam!

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

I might put that in my sig. May I quote you?
    Of course! Who am I to deny the request of the goddess of the written word?

And yep. I am somewhat. Honestly, I'm not all that competent when it comes to computers, especially systems and networks, but I'm the best in the house (not that that's much), and my Dad gave me full clearance up to and including billing rights (let's see how to works out (very well if I'm honest (which I am))), so all I have to do is 'lose' the information and makes sure everything's fixed before the only other 'admin' gets back.
    A little incompetence goes a very long way, especially if you research how to fix things that go wrong in advance.
    As for Little Sister, well she's lost access to ff.net for the evening - serves her right for getting a U in her January exams - and she doesn't dare tell Mum because she shouldn't be on it in the first place.
    It really is true what they say: power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Her huffs and sighs through the door are like music to my ears.
    :smug:
    . . .
    *wishes he could be as evil as you*
    Sadly, everyone already knows I'm evil, due to my inordinate use of puns. Which means that they never trust me with anything, especially if I could do something humorous with it.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Here is a quick illustration for you:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :
    That reminds me of an Asterix book. The oil one, I believe.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I know that feel.
    For some reason, it seems that no diversion devised by the video game industry, no matter how expensive or technically impressive, can be as fun for as long as conversing with people whose real names I don't know. Because humans are drawn to each other, and - unlike video games - the human mind is capable of coming up with unlimited new content.

In other words, you guys are more fun than video games, and I missed you all. A lot. *hugs*
    I has like, no new games in so long. Logically, I decided to watch Let's Plays of Pikmin. (I has a real name!)

Yay i better than CoD!

ION: So, Moonie got her first detention. Ever. And went on a shopping trip. And started wearing eyeliner without screaming.

Busy week.

Dammit, paper due tomorrow. How do they sneak up on me?

Bet you've forgotten your password.
    Congrats Moonie! Moving up. Learning new peps. Hangin', slangin'.

Buses!

I don't even try anymore. I just ask for a new one. (I'm fairly certain I know mine THIS time, cuz I changed it to specialzspecial. But ima forget next time I need to rememberz.)

Sadly, everyone already knows I'm evil, due to my inordinate use of puns. Which means that they never trust me with anything, especially if I could do something humorous with it.
    ACKPTH CURLEE SAY MORE THINGS. I WAS TOO LAZY TO QUOTE YOUR ROUTER ISSUE POST.

*poke, giggle*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I has like, no new games in so long. Logically, I decided to watch Let's Plays of Pikmin. (I has a real name!)

Yay i better than CoD!
    I don't want to have to ask, but given your... unique and charming variant of English, I do have to ask: are you actually talking about Pikmin, the game Olimar is from, or are you talking about Pokémon?

I know you have a name, I just don't know what it is.

I don't play CoD, Freak-Fleece. I'm not really a first-person shooter sort of fellow. No, I'm more into League of Legends and Heroes of Might and Magic.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

8. - Top - End - #458

NecromancerGuy

Complain long enough and loud enough and it should be fixable to some extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

I don't want to have to ask, but given your... unique and charming variant of English, I do have to ask: are you actually talking about Pikmin, the game Olimar is from, or are you talking about Pokémon?

I know you have a name, I just don't know what it is.

I don't play CoD, Freak-Fleece. I'm not really a first-person shooter sort of fellow. No, I'm more into League of Legends and Heroes of Might and Magic.
    Actual Pikmin. (Do I really act so malicious to standard English that you think I would deviate on some of the most beloved Nintendo things ever's spelling? I admit doing some Pikīmon would be silly, but it is farrr too serious a topic, Pikmin, for such tomfoolerishism.)

I COULD SAY IT NOW, AND RUIN THE MYSTERY. MYUKC MYUCK MYUCK.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT COLLECTIBLE CARD GAME TOURNEYMENT. It is a thing that happens! (I also dissaprove of modern shooters (And thought Spec Ops the Line was a piece of unnecessary poorly done derivative shargle that was bad), and prefer actual GAMES. Yay Nintendo, and also sunlight!)

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Complain long enough and loud enough and it should be fixable to some extent.
    AUGHU COIDZILLA. HOW FARES THEE? *has them speeches and many to write and aufhrwggrghgreign*
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Did he make you a superadministrator? That is, did he give you the rights to make others administrators, or... take away their administrator priviledges? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
    I don't think so, but I can probably set myself up as a super admin though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Perhaps, slightly. Try to balance it out by leaving them cheery messages on their computers whenever they least expect it. That way you can experience your rush of omnipotence without neccessarly having to turn evil...
    So induce paranoia in the other users by letting them know I've been there while touching nothing at all, letting them slowly drive themselves over the edge with their active imaginations?
    Props to you.
    Have a white chocolate internet cookie.

Hooray~!

I really not all that evil, just a little bit sideways. And personally, I don't think puns (or even punes) are a sign of evil; but I may be immune to them because of Death.

ACKPTH CURLEE SAY MORE THINGS. I WAS TOO LAZY TO QUOTE YOUR ROUTER ISSUE POST.

*poke, giggle*
    Erm.
    Hello.
    I like to wear women's clothing, and I think bras prove that Satan is real?
    I've recently started re-reading the Science of Discworld series again, and somehow, I've acquired enough scientific (and even mathematical) knowledge to understand a lot more things in the science chapters?

ION:
    The lights in our house went out about five minutes ago. Given that a bulb had burst not yet a week ago I imagined the circuit needed to be flipped. Until I saw the upstairs lights had gone too.
    Then I looked out the front door.
    Blackness.
    You never notice house lights and street lights (for the most part) until they're gone because they're just background.
    According to Elder Little Brother (who was conveniently at the top of the hill walking back with the dogs) the power was out not just in my village, but the next one over and beyond into town and up to the mount.
    Complete darkness as far as the eye could see. Including the harbour lights. Not a single light to be seen around the entire bay. Well, except the ships in harbour and the bay itself.
    Then the lights came back on. Except the street lights in our area and across the valley from us. Well, by that I mean I could see the street lights on the main hill proper, but not our bits.
    Now the lights keep dimming and flickering ominously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

I just had a panic attack tonight. Tomorrow will be horribad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

So induce paranoia in the other users by letting them know I've been there while touching nothing at all, letting them slowly drive themselves over the edge with their active imaginations?
    Props to you.
    Super Curly.

Sounds inventive and silly. I likeith. (White chocolate?)

Erm.
    Hello.
    I like to wear women's clothing, and I think bras prove that Satan is real?
    I've recently started re-reading the Science of Discworld series again, and somehow, I've acquired enough scientific (and even mathematical) knowledge to understand a lot more things in the science chapters?
    CURLEE SAID "ERM".

As usual, Curlee made that an interesting read. Someone, please explain how.

ION:
    The lights in our house went out about five minutes ago. Given that a bulb had burst not yet a week ago I imagined the circuit needed to be flipped. Until I saw the upstairs lights had gone too.
    Blackness.
    You never notice house lights and street lights (for the most part) until they're gone because they're just background.
    According to Elder Little Brother (who was conveniently at the top of the hill walking back with the dogs) the power was out not just in my village, but the next one over and beyond into town and up to the mount.
    Complete darkness as far as the eye could see. Including the harbour lights. Not a single light to be seen around the entire bay. Well, except the ships in harbour and the bay itself.
    Then the lights came back on. Except the street lights in our area and across the valley from us. Well, by that I mean I could see the street lights on the main hill proper, but not our bits.
    Sounds rather epic. I love natural darkness outside. It's such a feeling.

Sounds un-epic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

13. - Top - End - #463

Having put on eyeliner once for my stage makeup class, I have no idea how anyone does that. Ever.

Papers are ninjas. The more advanced ones sneak up on you, then, without warning, make it so that you have no life.
    I know.

And I just found out there were even more requirements, so I've gotta do that too last minute. Time to fake an interview with an expert! And I'm in the AP class!

<hugs> That really sucks, I hope you can work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I am so sorry! I don't check Gmail, so I miss you a lot. Get AIM or Skype, so then I won't miss you!

Yay detention! I've been in detention... a few times. For being late to class. Got a detention in high school while I was still in middle school.

Shopping trips. Bleurgh. I'd say the same about eyeliner, but I've never tried it.

Papers are sneaky little buggers. I suspect it's some kind of memory magic--AAAAAUGH I STILL NEED TO DO MY LAB REPORT!
    You were marked as online! Logged in! GREEN!

Yeah. Basically, I went outside and lay in the grass when I was supposed to be in the library, and there were consequences. Namely, I had a twenty minute detention which consisted of me going and sitting in the hallway almost asleep while sing my copy of Othello as a light-block. Now, how'd you wrangle a high school detention in middle school?

Yeah. And just wearing clothing in general. Me no gusta.

Have fun with that.

Congrats Moonie! Moving up. Learning new peps. Hangin', slangin'.

I don't even try anymore. I just ask for a new one. (I'm fairly certain I know mine THIS time, cuz I changed it to specialzspecial. But ima forget next time I need to rememberz.)
    ...What?

Aha.

Oh, and Curly, I totally agree.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-04-29 at 05:28 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Such a thing generally requires access to another super admin account, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with your manipulation skills.

Props to you.
    Exactly. Anyone can become evil and omnipotent, but for them, it's a dead end. It's only those who know how to thread the grey line who may achieve true ascendancy.

(White chocolate?)
    You've never had white chocolate?

ION:
    Wait, did I remember to check if anything new came up before the forums went down? Hmm, may as well check again...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

No. But everyone else should.

Gasp! Another person who plays that! Might I enquire as to which one? I, II, III, IV or V?

ION:
    Blackness.
    Oh no! The electricity is leaking!
    Outdated theories about electricity aside, I hope they fix whatever the problem is soon, or you'll have to send them a written complaint.

Oh dear... Here's hoping everything will be alright.

In distantly related news: My brother is getting married today. Yay! Wedding!
    Last edited by Elemental; 2013-04-29 at 05:51 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #466

Gasp! Another person who plays that! Might I enquire as to which one? I, II, III, IV or V?
    Mostly IV and VI, because those are the ones I own here. I play III and V when I'm at home (those belong to my brother). We USED to have I and II, but, like many things I wish we still had, my father SOLD them at a GARAGE SALE.

(Note: he also did this with all of our VHS tapes, which included Star Wars episodes IV-VI. We do not have those on DVD. I was LIVID, and then when I complained he said something I couldn't really argue with about the non-necessity of material possessions, which, since it was entirely reasonable, only served to make me angrier).
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-04-29 at 05:58 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

17. - Top - End - #467

NecromancerGuy

S-stupid! It's not like I'm tsun tsun or anything!
    I am far, far too amused by this. I blame trawling through TVtropes recently.

I don't think I was referring to you in this specific case or something. It was someone who was younger than me (if we are to believe their profile). And you're older than I, so.
    Well, that's what I had thought too, initially. Guess I just misread that You thread post, then.

The Way Of The Future does not sound like a jolly place to be. I'm starting to feel very old fashioned and I was only born in the 90s.
    Well, I definitely wasn't born in the 90s, that's for sure. Though you're right, in the future there is no Santa Claus and thus, no jolliness whatsoever. But there will be robots. Just as long as we avoid Robot Santa Claus...

Well, I have a history of severe social anxiety so I'm really surprised I've been able to do all these phone calls. Like last week I was ill and had to phone the placement school and I was terrified, but it went surprisingly ok. To be fair, I wouldn't be here if I had not been in a group meant for girls with social issues.
    That would make things more interesting, aye. Everything I've heard is that it gets a lot easier over time and exposure, so hopefully this holds true for you.

Well, that's good then, I'm kind of jealous though, as I don't think we had anything remotely like that when I was growing up; just "special" education, the "gifted" program, and everyone else. I could see a lot of potential use for something like that, even passively incorporated into the mainstream.

ION: Guys, I had my first lesson today! I was very nervous, my notebook is currently filled with "don't panic" ... written in much panic. >_>... I have to gain confidence in classroom management as I am not used to children under the age of 9/10.
    Not panicking is important. I hope the lesson went well enough.

My key to understanding children below the age of 12 is that they are small and easily squished. Or at least, that helps with not fearing them. Well, aside from the fear of accidentally squishing them, but I rarely have a call to interact with children on a physical level anyway, the most recent has been my Coidznephew, Coalzor who is more properly a baby than a child, and so mostly squish resistant due to having rubbery squid bones.

Hm, I should go see my family sometime in the near future.

Also, that reminds me, my cousin is graduating from Highschool soon. What's my socially obligated role here? I seem to recall that there should be some kind of man ritual here, but I can't fathom which one.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #468

Speaking of child-people relations, it turns out my dad gets offended when I refer to any potential offspring of mine as spawn.

<shrugs>
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469

Yeah. And just wearing clothing in general. Me no gusta.
    Same here

Speaking of child-people relations, it turns out my dad gets offended when I refer to any potential offspring of mine as spawn.

<shrugs>
    Well, one would think he considers it to not be a term of endearment.

Psst, don't forget to do that thing you need to do. Those two things!

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Mostly IV and VI, because those are the ones I own here. I play III and V when I'm at home (those belong to my brother). We USED to have I and II, but, like many things I wish we still had, my father SOLD them at a GARAGE SALE.

(Note: he also did this with all of our VHS tapes, which included Star Wars episodes IV-VI. We do not have those on DVD. I was LIVID, and then when I complained he said something I couldn't really argue with about the non-necessity of material possessions, which, since it was entirely reasonable, only served to make me angrier).
    Hmm. My sister managed to purchase all of them save for number six at once as a collection, which is very convenient. Thus, I can safely say I've played all of them save for IV, which I haven't gotten around to yet, and VI which we don't have and have no plans on acquiring.

And all I can say to the garage sale thing is; damn logic.
    Not the person mind you, I have no problem with Logic.

<shrugs>
    He probably resents the implication that you're an eldritch horror from another time and place.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #471

Well, one would think he considers it to not be a term of endearment.

Psst, don't forget to do that thing you need to do. Those two things!
    Odd.

I did a thing! And the other thing would require me to stop doing the other thing that I was talking about earlier but not the thing I was responding to in your post about the things!

He probably resents the implication that you're an eldritch horror from another time and place.
    I like children and I think they're eldritch horrors from another time and place!

Admittedly, that's why I like them, but still!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472

NecromancerGuy

Mooncat: How does he feel about Sprog?

I like children and I think they're eldritch horrors from another time and place!

They do suck out our youth and vitality in order to become adults, aye... *narrows eyes*

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to go remotely block sites from Little Sister's computer because simmering resentment and irritation can now be fulfilled without anyone ever knowing.
    Ah, the perfect sibling revenge, kill their access to their pornography.

AUGHU COIDZILLA. HOW FARES THEE? *has them speeches and many to write and aufhrwggrghgreign*
    Coidzilla is actually the distaff counterpart to Coidzillo, the most dapper of musicians with a cigarillo permanently ensconced betwixt his lips.

Perhaps you should write a speech on the virtues of shooting an elephant then? Get some of the angst and ho-hum out of your system.

As for me, I'm okay-ish. Need to find an additional source of income, but okay-ish.

In distantly related news: My brother is getting married today. Yay! Wedding!
    Do you like him? Do you like the spouse? If no to either of these, do you have anything with sequins you can wear?

If yes to both, congratulations! Hope it goes well and you enjoy the reception and traditional festivities.

You can do it!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-04-29 at 06:33 PM.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #473

Odd.

I did a thing! And the other thing would require me to stop doing the other thing that I was talking about earlier but not the thing I was responding to in your post about the things!
    Okay! Though there was a slight error with the first thing, and I completely understand the delay in the second thing.

Things!

24. - Top - End - #474

Mooncat: How does he feel about Sprog?

They do suck out our youth and vitality in order to become adults, aye... *narrows eyes*
    He wont even know what it means.

Oh, quiet, fogey.

Okay! Though there was a slight error with the first thing, and I completely understand the delay in the second thing.

Things!
    Yes. There's a thing with the thing? I'll go deal with it.

Yea,h I dealt with the first thing's thing.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, there's also the implication that either he or your mother is somehow an eldritch horror from another time and place as well. So that could be why.

Do you like him? Do you like the spouse? If no to either of these, do you have anything with sequins you can wear?

If yes to both, congratulations! Hope it goes well and you enjoy the reception and traditional festivities.
    Yes, I like them both. Hmm... I wonder if there's enough time to go out and buy sequins before the wedding happens...

I shall enjoy the festivities. I'm not so sure about the reception from what I've heard, but if the food is good, then how can I complain?

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #476

Well, there's also the implication that either he or your mother is somehow an eldritch horror from another time and place as well. So that could be why.
    But I generally refer to children as spawn.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, I like them both. Hmm... I wonder if there's enough time to go out and buy sequins before the wedding happens...

I shall enjoy the festivities. I'm not so sure about the reception from what I've heard, but if the food is good, then how can I complain?
    Fathers fear being discovered, you say?

GEDDA HAT.

Has all the fun anyways, then.

Coidz:Sadly, speeches have themes. Gotta record a fairy tale/kids book, a demo(nstration), and Minority 'Murican.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

28. - Top - End - #478

Oh, quiet, fogey.

Yay things! I need one more thing, as seen in my latest post

Except for the other thing we discussed of course, which is still a thing.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-04-29 at 07:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Yay things! I need one more thing, as seen in my latest post

Except for the other thing we discussed of course, which is still a thing.
    What things...?

30. - Top - End - #480

NecromancerGuy

Fathers fear being discovered, you say?
    Yep. Why do you think new mothers constantly insist that the baby looks like the father?

GEDDA HAT.
    Getter Robo Hat.

Coidz:Sadly, speeches have themes. Gotta record a fairy tale/kids book, a demo(nstration), and Minority 'Murican.
    Hmm. Something suitably bloody from the Brothers Grimm sorts out the first and a speech within a speech about MLK sorts out the latter one. What kind of demonstration? If it's teaching how to do something then I suppose there's always Billy Mays!?

But I generally refer to children as spawn.
    Hmm... Coidzspawn, you say? Moonspawn? Zodispawn? Koorlspawn? Thufspawn? Shipspawn? Dimospawn? Hmmm.

Moonspawn? Moonsprog?

Parents do seem to resent being called monsters that do not belong in this world.

YES.

Receptions are for good food, good drink, and possibly dancing depending upon whether there's anyone who is of a suitable age and who is further removed from you than your second cousins.

So I'm sure you'll do fine.

Or will he?!

Oh, quiet, fogey.
    Fogey am I? FOGEY AM I!? Why, this fogey could have you over his knee in a trice, young missy, and hide tanned besides! *shakes cane*

I feel like I'm reading Doctor Seuss and/or watching his Epic Rap Battles of History episode.
    Homebrew