New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Day 1

Too tired to make a proper IC post. Point at ThePhantom for half-orc solidarity.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm struggling to keep up narration of UG IV even with a co-narrator (and let's face it, Trixie is doing all the work right now). And now this game and Grave Robbers 2 have started up simultaneously, AND I've been assigned to a special investigatory team for this week, which means work is goign to be a bit manic (as if it isn't always).

So I've skim read so far (I'll go back and read Helgraf's post properly if I get a chance later) and for first day point I point at Murska.

Someone PM me if it looks like Murska might actually get lynched and I'll consider changing my point. I did briefly notice he had a couple of points already.

Anyway I'll try to get a spreadsheet going when if I get a chance. It might prove useful. In the meantime, bad guys I plead to you once again, please let me play this game this time. I think I was killed night one in the last two games, and if it wasn't night one it was close enough that I never really got to play. Cut me some slack this time, ok? If you must kill me night one, do it in some other game.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Early morning point at Queenfange - because of the silent "e".)
    Spoiler
    Show

You love me... you really love me!

Ceikatar by the best Ceika, ever!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Fin. For the fight against first day lynching.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

I point at Murska.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Celeste was a nice girl deep down. She really was. Hard times, the Great Depression, and two dead ex-husbands had forced her into this life she now led. She hurried down the street, her head down, her long auburn hair blowing with the breeze of her passage. She kept a hand at her throat, hiding the long scar there - a gift from her first husband. It was why she'd killed him. She usually wore a scarf to hide it, but she must have left it behind at her last job. She cursed silently. Oh well, she had more.

She got to her small studio apartment and let herself in, shouldering the door closed because it liked to stick. She bathed herself and got dressed, selecting a long, silky black scarf that set off her blue eyes nicely. She slipped into a matching nightgown and sat at her vanity table to curl her hair.

She glanced over at the telephone and smiled proudly. Now that she had one of the new devices, she was sure business would pick up.

Now she was the city's only official "call girl".

((Helgraf for stealin' mah scarf! Untie yourself and give it back, why dontcha?!))
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

7. - Top - End - #37

BardGuy

The weather was miserable... cold, wet, and entirely the right atmosphere for the opening of a mystery novel... If only I could still write.

It had been my profession, my livelihood, my passion, to write up grand stories of trust, betrayal and suspense... Until the accidents in the last gang war had driven such thoughts too deeply into my head... The scars were too deep.

There might be some people who remembered my name, had heard of a fresh, new mystery writer, some even thought that I had had a career ahead of me. Me, in my pride, thought that I had more. But, it just seems too real to write anymore.

Suspicious doings were about again... Bad news, at least for anyone who wanted to live. Or even those who wanted to choose how they died. Me? Under a park bench in the cold would do as well as any... Like the one I slept under last night. No jobs for an out-of-work writer who can't write anymore. But the benches are comfortable, and the police usually don't bother me, as I don't bother folks more than I need to in order to get my hands on some food, and to stay warm enough not to freeze. Not that I mind the alternative, but if I can ever write again, maybe someone will remember me in a hundred years.

Some folks just don't want to wait for immortality... like that Cynan Machae... There just seemed to be something ever so slightly off about him...
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Can you make sandwiches? I'm looking for help here, and whatever, if you can just learn I can give you a job. Flabbicus
    Rilik tosses another cigarette onto the ground and grinds it with his shoe. He then takes a small swig from his flask. His ears perk up at the sound of his name, invoked in the sacred RED typeface. He glances around for several seconds before noticing the small little echidna pointing its long tongue in his direction.

"Why is this little electric echidna accusing me?"

He then notices the other guy pointing at him. Some sort of strange wanna-be Cookie Monster/monk that has gone rogue.

"I haven't done anything worthy of suspicion besides being the lush I normally am."

He takes another swig from his hip flask.
    Groom to the Haberdasher's Daughter.

Freddy Krueger by Ink, Flabbicus by Lord Herman, Rilik by Ceika.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

So many suspicious targets, oh, so many...

Trixie mused to h**self. Being the best private detective in the city certainly wasn't easy; paranoia came with the rest of the perks of the job. So many suspicious people, and so little time to hang them all...

And so, Trixie preyed to h** gods, asking them for forgiveness for being unable to destroy all evils of this world in one swift strike, then pointed at the definitedly the guiltiediest man around.

At Fin.

Mostly because the whole "shortest name" idea was dumb, and besides, "Al" Capone had the shortest name of them all.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

10. - Top - End - #40

Fate was a cruel mistress. Sure, they were able to remove the bandages left by that unholy process of mummification. But that process had left me looking ragged. Even the hookers wouldn't let me near them. One sight of me, and they'd run off screaming in the other direction. It wasn't the screaming that bothered me, or even the fact that dogs whimper when they catch the sight of me. It was the knowledge. Knowledge that my glory days have been reduced to a pile of dung. Forgotten were the days I saved this city. Forgotten were the times I brought cheer to the masses with one spectacular bout after another. Erased because of the mind control of one crazy high priest. Dragged down with him and his group lof low-lifes. Then cast away as an example of what they could do. I still get glimpses of the horrors he presented and the control he had. Thankfully my pills help keep those terrors away.

I shuffled down to Lucky's. The run-down bar full of the best, and worst, this city had to offer. I duck down the back alley, no sense in scaring the clientelle by going in the front. Walk down the right alley in this city....

Bouncer is throwing a Tired N' Drowzy man out the door. And keep your hands offa Thessie!

...and you could find anything. I step over the bum and walk up to the door.

That coat looks like horse manure. So does your face. Take off!

I jab the bouncer in the eye and push him backwards into Lucky's.

Urrrghh... aaahhhhh! Ahhh!

I shove him into a corner.

He's new here Goof. He didn't know. says Mauve. I nod hello to her and take my usual spot on the rail. Lucky's was dark, and here nobody seemed to give a damn about anyone, and that was fine by me.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

11. - Top - End - #41

Flabbicus to go against the bandwagons

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Trixie. seems dangerous, because she doesn't have that much experience it seems, but is still very good.
    My compliments.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

(points at Dirk Kris for stealing my role, scarf and where I was supposed to be last evening )

It was mid-morning by the time I managed to peel my eyelids apart. The sun slanting through the blinds was razor blades to my retinas and it was all I could do to hold my head up. I glanced around the room, disoriented as always. A threadbare red rug covered the scarred wooden floor, the bed I sat in was a creaking, old four-poster that had clearly occupied the same space for years. The sheets were faded, but soft and clean and I was wrapped in a warm, grandmotherly quilt. Dresses and shoes were strewn haphazardly in piles about the floor, and the battered wardrobe that stood open at the end of the room held more empty hangers than gowns.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I was home, a place I rarely woke anymore. Sliding off the bed and moving over to my purse, I dumped the contents: an id, 37 cents, a small pearl handled pistol, and a couple of crumpled pieces of paper. Clearly last night had not gone the way I'd intended it to. I only had a couple of days before rent was due and 37 cents was not going to cut it.

I dragged myself into the small bathroom. The face that greeted me in the mirror was haggard, with bloodshot eyes and my usual golden curls pasted in a matted crown about my skull. I turned the tap, needing to wash the evening's festivities from my pores and was greeted with......nothing. I hadn't paid the water......again.

Yeah, this was going to be a great morning.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

14. - Top - End - #44

Woot! We play again!

Random point at Istari.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground

First day random point: Dr. Bath
    "You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself..." --the Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland, the disney movie)

Amazing Avi by kagehime.

My Characters: (updated, finally) =P
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Day ends in less than 24 hours.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

17. - Top - End - #47

((Erhm... Dirk Kris, I never got to point at you in catfight.))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2009-02-10 at 02:40 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

(aaaand...Helgraf's post just discouraged me a little. yay.

anyways, pointing at Fin for now, will try to add some roleplay later.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    (aaaand...Helgraf's post just discouraged me a little. yay.

anyways, pointing at Fin for now, will try to add some roleplay later.
    :blinks: Qua?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

20. - Top - End - #50

After what had seemed to be hours and many brews, I get tired of waiting. I don't know what I'm getting so fidgety about, it wasn't like I had any better things to do. Maybe it was the crowd and their frantic cries about some thin man. Maybe it was all this talk about garlic or rosemary or wolfbane or some crud like that. The noise was gettin' to me, and had about all I can stands.

I get up, and watch the bouncer shrink back into a shadow. I guess he's learned his manners. I head out the back alley, and into the cold rain. My coat ain't doin so hot. It's full of holes that the water just pours into. Still, it's better then nothin. I'm walking along for a few blocks, when I hear the patter of footsteps sneak up behind me. I turn to see who it is, but

*THUNK*

Something hits me and knocks me out cold.

-----------

I awaken a few hours later. The room is light poorly by a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. I hear a voice in the darkness.

You're looking for trouble. It's found you.

Who'se der? I say. My heads ringing from the bludgening I had received earlier. Rooms spinning a bit. As I start to blackout, I catch a glimpse of some shiny shoes.

Don't forget to take your medicene.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Four hours until the end of the day.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

22. - Top - End - #52

I tumble the glossy card in my hand.

The Exachix club spelled out in shiny silver letters shines the light into my face as I twirl the card in my hand.

On the back, written in a careful hand is one word. Supagoof. I don't know what it means, but I plan on finding out.

I step out into the street in red heels and a red dress. No one recognizes me as the boyish boxer 'Tommy Dynamite' when I wear the heels.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

((I point at Fin, simply because I checked for this thread on the 8th and didn't see it, checked now again to find I'm almost out of time for pointing so just picking the first name off the list, it's 5am and havn't even read the thread content yet :/))
    Inigo Montoya avatar by Bradakhan.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

*hello point at Amplify*

Also, note to the narrators, I'm a bit away. I should still manage to make a point every day phase, but I may miss one or two. Hopefully things will be settled soon-ish.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Day ends.

Agent Fairchilde slowly regains consciousness in the hospital, under protective custody.

The hospital smelled sterile, and there was a nurse in the room readying his next batch of medicine.

He was just about to let the nurse a question, when his protective guards burst in the door and shoot her dead!

"Sorry boss, we had a tip she was in the mob."

Spoiler
    Show
    Fin was lynched. Fin was a member of the Capone Mob (Mobster).

Day 1 ends -

Night 1 begins!

Get your inputs in to Andre Fairchilde and Zar Peter.

You have 24 hours, unless we get the inputs in sooner.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2009-02-11 at 01:18 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Night 1

((Oops. I'm really sorry I missed the first day. The internet was down all over town last night, and I guess I didn't get home soon enough tonight))

Cecily James careens into town as darkness falls, the top down and the wind tossing her glossy bobbed hair. She had been supposed to arrive hours before, but it was probably just as well, as she would draw less attention in this part of town under cover of darkness. Just another fashionable young thing out slumming it for a night. This delivery business was much less of a lark than she had hoped. The flat tire was bad enough, but then it had taken ages for someone to come by and notice her looking pretty and helpless and offer to help. Just her luck. Fortunately she'd been able to bat her eyelashes and keep him from asking too many questions.

Now where was the place? Ah, there. The back door. Hopefully there would be some strapping fellows to unload the stuff. She was all for keeping her local speakeasy well stocked, but not at the cost of her manicure.

Anyway, late or not she was here. Hopefully this would get rid of most of her debt to that awful man, and daddy wouldn't have to find out she'd been gambling again. Not that she thought that he would really follow through on that threat to cut her off, but he did get so tiresome when he was upset with her. Besides, this way was much more fun. Who knew rum-running was such a thrill?
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

((eek...didn't see the thread! But I'm here now!))

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    Liriel sits down on her front porch again. The plants had withered and died due to no one watering them for some time, and musty newspapers were strewn across the yard. She had spent most of the day cleaning and waiting for The Bushranger to come.

She wanted to talk to him...
    And that night, after the lights are out and the city has gone to bed, a man comes walking up the street. He looks like an ordinary, normal, plain man making the transition from youth to middle age, except there's something...off about him, somehow, like he's slightly, ever so very slightly fuzzy around the edges?

This would be because he is dead. A ghost. He's learned to attain tangibility and a solid form, yet if you stare at him long enough you still notice that fuzziness.

And so Patrick O'Connell, a/k/a The Shadow, sometimes known by the alias "The Bushranger", walks up the drive to Liriel's house.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2009-02-11 at 03:13 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #58

I awaken, still tied up in the chair. Whomever that mystery man was he's gone. I slip the knots and look around. Just a room with a door. The ceilings low, so I must be in a basement or something. I make my way out of the room, follow the hallway along, and find a set of stairs. They lead up to a door, which is locked.

*Scene from outside. Door is blown off it's hinges*

I step out into the street. The night's as hot as hell. I'm in a lousy part of a lousy town and I glance up the street - I'm staring at a goddess. I sniff the breeze that passes by her. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess in the red dress. What a dame like that is doing in a part of town like this is beyond me. I catch myself staring for too long, she notices. I hide my face and stammer out an introduction.

Sorry, er. I couldn't help but notice you there. I'm Goof. You shouldn't be alone in this part of town at this time of night. Can I walk you somewhere?

I glance up, trying to keep my ugly mugg as covered as I can. She doesn't seem afraid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Having missed the boat for day 1, a young Spaniard in his late 20s arrives into town on the midnight express while attempting to maintain a low profile.

Spoiler
    Show

With a list of the town's residents in hand, he makes his way out of the station, with only a handful of people present at the time.

"After much training, I am finally ready to take my on my father's killer. This 'Atreyu the Masked Llama' shall pay dearly, I swear this."

"Now, I need only seek him out and exact my revenge, this cannot be that ha..."

((*Mentally imagine the sound of a record needle scratch across a vinyl LP here*))

"Wait, wait a minute."

"Aemoh, right"
    "Alarra, okay"
    "Amplify, lookin' good"
    "androgial, sure"
    "Cynan Machae, yeah"
    "dallas-dakota, I guess"

"But, Atreyu, where's Atreyu?!"

The Spaniard takes a seat on the station steps in the early morning dusk.
    "Oh for crying out loud, NOW how do I take my revenge upon the six fingered llama that killed my father?"
    Last edited by Amplify; 2009-02-11 at 08:04 PM.
    Inigo Montoya avatar by Bradakhan.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

He was eating in a diner after work when they came for him.

They’d fingered him for his involvement with the Nurse’s shooting, and whether they were right or not he was the man out of this scenario.

As he sat eating his chicken noodle soup a strong armed goon shoved himself into the booth next to him. Another goon sat in the seat opposite. These were hard men, having served hard time. Dressed expensively, they still had their cheap tastes.

Goon #1 grabbed his right hand, and Goon #2 grabbed the left…

…Leaving a clear shot for Goon #3 who strode in with a shotgun, executed the target with a BOOM! and walked out again.

The two goons also left, leaving change on the table for the mess.

The assassination less than one minute.

Of course no one in the diner saw a thing either, leaving no witnesses for the police.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ganurath was killed by the Capone mob. Ganurath was a Citizen.

Night 1 Ends!

Day 2 Begins and will end in 48 hours!
    (Midnight Central Standard Time U.S. Friday Feb 13th)
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2009-02-12 at 01:55 AM.