New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Spytrap III - Prisoners of War.

Narrators: so far, only yours truly. That is subject to change, however.

Starting date: August 8th

The year is 1943, and the second world war is in full swing. You are a member of a paratrooper regiment making your way across the Alps to infiltrate Germany on a reconnaissance mission.

A week into your journey disaster strikes. Late in the night you hear a crash and discover that the radio, maps, and compasses have all been hurled off the cliff by person or persons unknown. It appears that the mission has a saboteur!

The mission is a failure. Without navigation aids you cannot travel to the objective or know your exact position. Without a radio you cannot report your findings to military intelligence. The squad commander then opens an envelope containing secret orders, to be opened in an eventuality such as this. As he reads the orders aloud your heart sinks. This is not a top secret high priority mission. It's a spytrap!

The mission was posted as top priority and had a short planning phase to encourage German High Command to rush as many of their agents into the squad in as short a time as possible. In addition suspected agents from other units were also recruited into this crack squad. The purpose? Those who are genuine paratroopers will, in the heat of a field mission, identify and eliminate those who are German agents. If all die - it's no great loss to Military Intelligence since none of you can be truly trusted.

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

German Infiltrators:
    Spoiler
    Show

As a German Infiltrator your position is compromised. Your presence on this mission probably means you have been found out. Your only hope of survival is to escape from the squad to a German outpost. You know there are other infiltrators in the squad, but you can only identify them by the secret codeword you know. Each night you can try to assassinate another member of the squad who you think compromises your safety.
    Day action: Vote for a person to be lynched.
    Night Action: Vote for a person to be assassinated.

One of the German infiltrators has a covert radio allowing them to contact German High Command each night and determine the role of one other member of the squad.
    Additional night action: Learn role of one other player.

British Paratroopers:
    Spoiler
    Show

As a British Paratrooper it is your duty to clear your name by identifying and eliminating all the infiltrators in the squad.
    Night Action: None.

Secret Agents:
    Spoiler
    Show

In order to ensure the success of the mission, several secret agents were added to the squad. These secret agents do not know each other's identity but know a secret code word that will enable them to identify each other.
    Night Action: None.

One of the secret agents, codename Aspirin, is totally trusted and knows the identity of all other secret agents and their codenames. By revealing his secret orders from MI6 he can prevent any lynching. However this will reveal him to the double agent and the infiltrators. He also has a suspicion as to who the double agent is.
    Additional day action: May prevent any lynching.

One of the secret agents is an interdiction expert and at night he can protect one member of the squad, the darkness hiding his identity.
    Additional night action: Can protect one other player.

One of the secret agents has a covert radio that he can use to contact MI6 to get additional information about any member of the squad allowing him to determine their true role.
    Additional night action: Learn role of one other player.

One of the secret agents is a cryptography expert. He can decipher any encrypted messages generated by the double agent. Not just the ones he is sent by the double agent, but also any given him by anyone else. Messages successfully given to infiltrators are assumed to be destroyed after being read so cannot be retrieved from corpses. Messages cannot be passed publically as that would require the agent to reveal his identity. Messages cannot be copied so cannot be passed to multiple recipients.
    Additional action: Decipher coded messages.

One of the secret agents is a double agent, actually working for the Nazis!
    Additional action: May pass coded messages anonymously to other players. These messages can only be decoded using the infiltrator's secret codeword. The double agent can be ANY secret agent except Agent Aspirin himself, even if they then also have a second ability/role such as radio, interdiction, or cryptographer.

Each day each member of the squad states their suspicions and votes for someone to be lynched. The person with the most votes gets lynched. The secret agent codenamed "Aspirin" can, during that day, PM the narrators to the effect that if such and such a person is due to be lynched he will step forward to protect that person. Agent Aspirin possesses secret papers of authority allowing him to take over the squad and so can prevent lynches from occurring.

Each night the German infiltrators vote by PM to the narrator(s)for a victim to be killed. The target with the most votes is either killed, or if also an infiltrator, forms a network with all players who voted for them.

Players with night protection abilities or covert radios can also PM the narrator(s) with the choice of action at night.

Agent Aspirin starts the game with a name. That name has a random chance of being the correct name of the double agent, otherwise it is the name of a genuine secret agent. I'm not saying what the probability of a false guess is.

Narrators note:
    Spoiler
    Show

This game is set during World War II. Any Demons, Drow, Droids and Half-Dragons appearing will be instantly killed by superstitious para-troopers. Also talking cats. Please try to be in character.

Welcome to third iteration of Spytrap. Since Jontom decided he wants a piece of German hunting(or British killing, we'll see how that turns out) action, he passed the Mighty Wand of whoopassing/narrating +5 to me. You all know the rules, you've played before. If you didn't, welcome! *point upwards* Read those, or send me a PM, I'll be glad to clarify anything that's bothering you.

I'm looking for 30 players at the least. The more, the merrier. You may notice that I'm being a lazy ass and am just copy/pasting a setting from first game as well as the roles. Once me and Jontom decide where the battlefield is this time, this will change. Check back in due time. JX, if you send me a PM or mail, this will speed things along.

So, sign up one and all!

P.S.: the mistake in title is there on purpose, don't try to be a smartypants about it

Players(9):

Spoiler
    Show
    Jontom Xire - lynched, day 7, paratrooper
    Zombie Pixe - lynched, day 2, paratrooper
    Zar Peter - killed by Germans, night 8, paratrooper
    Freshmeat_ - lynched on day 9, German infiltrator
    Griever
    Eldritch Knight - autolynched, day 4, paratrooper
    Catseye2121 - ylnched, day 12, paratrooper
    Atreyu the Masked LLama - killed by Germans, night 4, agent Ethane, radio operator
    Aemoh
    Free Hand - lynched, day 1, paratrooper
    banjo1985 - killed by Germans, night 3, agent Methane, day baner
    hap_hazard - killed by Germans, night 11, agent Decane, secret agent
    Sanguinus - autolyched, day 2, paratrooper
    GAThraawn - killed by Germans, night 2, paratrooper
    Mustiado - killed by Germans, night 6, agent Pentane, secret agent
    Shishnarfne - lynched, day 11, British paratrooper
    PhantomFox
    Emperor Demonking - lynched, day 4, paratrooper
    Murska
    Saint Nil
    Shadowcaller
    Moff Chumley - autolynched, day 2, paratrooper
    lamech - killed by Germans, night 12, paratrooper
    Reindhold
    Fin - killed by Germans on night 9, agent Butane, secret agent
    SweetLikeLemons
    xNadia - lynched, day 5, agent Nonane, double agent
    Admiral Walrus -lynched, day 3, paratrooper
    detrevnisish - autolynched, day 2, role relocated
    Vampiric - autolynched, day 2, paratrooper
    Fleeing Coward - lynched on day 13, German infiltrator
    Artemis97 - lynched, day 8, agent Propane, decryption expert
    Xykon_Fan - lynched, day 10, British paratrooper
    Szilard - autolynched, day 5, agent Hexane, interdiction expert
    Supagoof - lynched, day 6, German infiltrator
    Istari - killed by Germans, night 13, paratrooper
    Ranna
    thanatos5150 - killed by Germans, night 10, agent Octane, secret agent
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2008-09-12 at 11:25 PM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: Spytrap III - Work in Title.

*Ice Breaker*

Sign me up
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Spytrap III - Work in Title.

I want to play but I'm on holidays from Saturday on for two weeks without internet connection. Since you didn't state a starting date you can decide for yourself if my absence is too long or not. If not than please sign me up!

This is a plain sign up! Forget the crap up there!
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2008-07-08 at 05:08 PM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Starting date is August 8th. I'll edit that right away

So, I guess I can sign you up then?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spytrap III? Count me in.

This is going to be le-gen-(wait for it)- dary!
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed shall I participate in the festivities of gaming.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cap. Macaoidh is back, baby!

((Do you think I might be getting killed off so early because of my rank, or is it more because I'm a conniving bastard?))

8. - Top - End - #8

I'll join in... This should be fun.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

9. - Top - End - #9

I want to be all EBIL here and stuff. RAR!!!
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Once more, with feeling!
    (In )

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Sign me up!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

In of course!

So much for you taking a month off!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN!

Despite it being to early in the morning.

Now no matter what you say, I'l be going as dutch. I'l RP as dutch. And I'm gonna play this the way I am. Dutch.(From the Netherlands)
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-07-09 at 04:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

In.
    -SPLAT!-

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

oh so in baby

16. - Top - End - #16

ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground

Strange that this game, which in many ways took less thought and was less important to me than many others I've created, is so popular. I obviously hit a nerve somewhere.

If anyone has any ideas for a suitable WW II setting for this game, let Mordokai know. I've given him a few ideas, but he says he's not familiar with WW II muchly, so I'm sure he'd appreciate some ideas.

I'm sure he'd also appreciate a co-narrator. I found it did really help when I was running the previous two iterations of this game, and unlike many/most of my other games it's easy to work with a co-narrator for this game. A lot of my other games had all sorts of complications that made it really difficult to have a co-narrator.

I wonder if Freshmeat will get to be a secret agent AGAIN!! I certainly hope the double agent is more active than last game. I think the first game was definitely more fun than the second, maybe just because the double agent never did anything. That may have been due to Freshmeat being in charge though - I think he stymied the double agent a little.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

So much for you taking a month off!
    You complaining?

Yeah, so much about that. In fact, I think Spytrap will be somewhat easier to narrate then BG was and my next game will be, that's the main reason why I wanted to take some break. Not to say I won't put my best in these narrations, but I still think it will be easier to do And like I stated, I need around a month to work everything out with my new game. When the recruitment for Spytrap finishesm, if everything works out the recruitment for my new game will start. It will be somewhat tight schedual, but I'm confident I can pull it of. In the meantime, I can return something to the community that has given(and took as well, but that's another story) much to me.

@JX: must be the free Luger bullets As for the settings, I should perhaps say I'm not as familiar with WW II as I was. I have some ideas milling around but if anybody wants to share his, he is more than welcome to do so. As for the co-narrator, maybe I'll take Mustiado on his offer. At the moment, I'm quite confident I can pull it by myself.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, if I'm not narrating, I'll definitely play. ?:)

Also, may I suggest the land push into Russia? That could make for high comedy.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    And Il'still be dutch.... SOmehow...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Well, if I'm not narrating, I'll definitely play. ?:)

I find this idea intriguing Many thanks, I'll look it up.

I'll add you to player list at the moment, but should I decide I need co-narrator anyway, I'll pull you of and add you as co-narrator. That ok with you?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, that's fine.

*shoulders his rifle and zips his parka* Away we go!

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

BardGuy

Certainly in, especially as I'm only in one other active WW game...
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm up to help narrate or play, whichever.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sign me up.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

*starts handling out the free bullets*

You people will be the death of me yet

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

In, please.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be joining.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

29. - Top - End - #29

I'll be in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

30. - Top - End - #30

Hmm I guess I will join too.