New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Gotei 13 itP OOC (previously What is YOUR Zanpaktou?)

So, while reading bleach the other day, I decided to start this thread to ask the question:
    If you were a shinigami (as in Bleach) what would your Zanpaktou be?

The thread since then, evolved into a Shinigami in the Playground, and officers are gathering. This post is now being turned into an index with links (to be made soonish)

So, starting off: Captains and Vice-Captains in the Playground!

Spoiler
    Show

1st Captain: Hayashi Daisuke, Zanpaktou: Shinken (Horngeek), Vice-Captain: Enlong, Zanpaktou: Tatakikowatta Kumo
    2nd Captain: Satoshi Tsukami, Zanpaktou: Kurai Kishi (KnightDisciple), Vice-Captain: Kayzumai Yen, Zanpaktou: Hōrō-sha (Innis Cabal)
    3rd Captain: Maeda Katsuhito, Zanpaktou: Raikiba (Krazddndfreek)
    4th Captain: Sigmund Nobel, Zanpaktou: Kyonshi (Hadrian Emrys)
    5th Acting Captain: Kishihaiiro Mejiri, Zanpaktou: Enmu Gunshou (Prime32)
    6th Captain: Taira Koujin, Zanpaktou: Suishou Hasaki (MageSparrowhawk)
    7th Captain: Kyeudo, Zanpaktou: Ishidatsu, Vice-Captain: Masahiro Tetsketa, Zanpaktou: Sanzu (Neknoh)
    8th Captain: Darius Kiljaeran, Zanpaktou: Sensouken (Anyr)
    9th Captain: ThunderMonkey, Zanpaktou: Raikoumaru
    10th Captain: Ryuuji, Zanpaktou: Mugetsu (Haraki-kun)
    11th Captain: Shirubaru Reishiro, Zanpaktou: Ābokku (Hollow Zaraki), Vice-Captain: Tsukino Nukari, Zanpaktou: Kuroi Ookami (strawberryman)
    12th Captain: Norishima Kachisuke, Zanpaktou: Kurage (Collin152), Vice-Captain: Kinkuzo Kukakya, Zanpaktou: Funkenstock (Revlid)
    13th Captain: Maki Suzuko, Zanpaktou: Ningyoushi (Boo), Vice-Captain: Siegfried Bieber, Zanpaktou: Ingakumo (Sucrose)

And the Espada in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Primera Espada: Marro Kassagrad, Zanpakutou: Hidra (Zarah)
    Segunda Espada: Takeshi, Zanpaktou: Gran Bestia (horngeek)
    Tercera Espada: Nannan Abishai, Zanpakutou: Mangosta (Innis Cabal)
    Cuarta Espada: Erscheinung Von Geister, Zanpaktou: Pesadelo (Draken)
    Quinta Espada: Kira, Zanpaktou: Sufrimiento (Krazddndfreek)
    Sexta Espada: Carcharadon Drakefast, Zanpaktou: Tiburón Blanco (HollowZaraki)
    Séptima Espada: Aléjandro Mendez, Zanpaktou: Sagazigá (Edge)
    Octava Espada: Augustus Visconti, Zanpakutou: ? (Wraithy)
    Novena Espada: Someras Dolor, Zanpakutou: Yuushuu (someonenonotyou)
    Décima Espada: Ko, Zanpaktou: Llorón (Sir Shadow)

NOTE: People keep on using online translators, apparently.

Please don't. We have the Epicly Awesome Collin 152 to provide all your translation needs.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-06-01 at 07:09 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: What is YOUR Zanpaktou?

A gun. Shikai: A bigger gun. Bankai: I dunno. Lots of guns?

Point is, guns are superior weapons to swords.

Edit: Wait, does it have to start out as a sword? In that case the shikai would just be a gun, I suppose.
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2009-03-16 at 09:32 PM.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

It's kinda sad how much thought I've put into this. I could also tell you what type of Intelligent Device I'd like (Nanoha) and what a really cool Pactio would be (Negima).

Anyways, Zanpakto's name- Kagetarou. (rough translation coming from someone who doesn't speak more than 20 words of Japanese- I'm fairly sure it means "Shadow-boy", roughly.)

Shikai- Pin him, Kagetarou! Taking the form of a jet-black wakizashi, in this form Kagetarou is able to render a target completely immobile if it is planted in their shadow. Their spiritual energy is still able to flow, but they're immobilized completely.

Bankai- no name for this. Taking the form of a jet black katana (similar in appearance to Ichigo's, but shorter), this confers upon the blade the ability to cut shadows- and in doing so cut through whatever is casting that shadow.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    A gun. Shikai: A bigger gun. Bankai: I dunno. Lots of guns?

Point is, guns are superior weapons to swords.

Edit: Wait, does it have to start out as a sword? In that case the shikai would just be a gun, I suppose.
    I think shikai can be pretty much anything. Same with bankai.
    Shoot, look at Captain Kuchki (spelling?). His are basically a fancy-looking ranged weapon, better than a gun, even (since they allow defense and offense).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shikai: Demon's Wind: basically a demon wind shuriken with a 6" ring and 4 6'x1' blades. I can control all aspects of it's motion (spin, direction, speed, etc.) when it is in flight, and I can use it as a devastatingly powerful melee weapon by folding the blades.

Bankai: Demon's Wind Cutting Light: 80 5'x10" blades on 4 100' rods connected to a 3' ring. I can control all of the blades separately, or I can use them all as one giant weapon. I can, again, use it as a devastatingly powerful melee weapon by aligning the rods.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Mine would have a Shikai shaped like a European longsword. And a Bankai that, like Captain Hitsugaya's, would primarily cause elemental (most likely fire or pure light) armor and wings to sprout, causing an appearance like that of an astrally-charged knight... though the sword's size would probably also increase, just because. The sealed form would probably take the shape of a rapier...

Of course, nothing could possibly exceed Ryujin Jakka or Zangetsu, simply because the first is that of the Badass Grandpa, and the other is the weapon of the protagonist... and no one has greater fighting potential and/or weapon in a shonen anime or manga than the protagonist.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kayzumai Yen: Vice Captain of the Second Division

Spoiler
    Show
    Dress's in the traditional grab, his geta actually a single tall blade instead of the typical two smaller rectangle blocks. Has long black hair pulled back into a braid with unruly bangs and has a blood red scarf wrapped around his lower face that reachs to the floor, he carries his zanpaktou at his hip like all other Shinigami

Personality: Yen is fairly laid back, almost sleepy, spending most of his time hidden away in some far corner of Soul Society untill his Cpatain requires his aid. He enjoys drinking and music, and has been known to particpate in both with other Divisions. Despite Yen's lathargic attitude, he is noted to be one of the strictest and often times cruel hands in training other Shinigami, going so far as to employ traps and other dangerous hazards in the apartments of fellow Division 2 members simply to keep them on their toes. He has a great respect for his Division Captain, obeying each order swiftly.

Starting form: Hōrō-sha: A single Nagamaki, with a single green tassel hanging from the tang. Horo-sha is a Kido type zanpaktou

Spirit of Hōrō-sha: Hōrō-sha appears as a humanoid form with a long high collared black jacket, a pair of large head phones drapped over his shoulder, its long shaggy hair braided and wrapped in bandages. Hōrō-sha's feet appear to be covered in heavy combat geta. Horo-sha is far more motivated than his wielder, urging him forward in combat. It is not uncommon for the two to bicker over anything except music, which the both seem to be in complete agreement.

Shikai: Stand! (As a reference to Jo Jo’s Bizarre Adventure) Hōrō-sha! (mercenary): The sword grows into a fishing rod, the tassel growing long and sharp wire, the tassel itself growing into a mask. The rod itself can be used as a bo staff, while the tassel acts of its own accord, lasing at targets, protecting the wielder from incoming attacks and acting as a third hand and arm.

Cat's Cradle: The wire hooks around scenery growing into a tangle, catchung and cutting those who enter into its area

And the Beat Goes On!: Yen hooks a foe, thrasing him about the ground or walls.

Bankai: Izanagi no Yojimbo(The Bodyguard of the Man who Invites) : In this form the rod completely disappears replaced by a single blade, its hilt merged into the blade itself, forming a simple hand grip. The blade seems to bend and twist, and upon further inspection is made up of individual threads. The blade can part like water, unraveling and attacking at multiple angles, and forming into larger items such as shields.

Attacks

Part like Waves!: The blade parts into six seperate spears, attacking a foe
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-05-28 at 11:10 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: What is YOUR Zanpaktou?

Despite not being a bleach fan, I'll try anyway. I'll use Greek and Latin since I don't know any Japanese.

normal: a european arming sword with a blue hilt and a pearl in the pommel

Shikai: Benthophidian (seafloor snake): a strand of highly pressurized water that I can move around at will. get struck by the tip, and be injected with a potent toxin that causes victims to cry uncontrollably until they die of dehydration.

Bonkai: Omivorae-Bentotherium (all-devourng seafloor beast):
    a mass of highly pressurized water that can take the shape of various animals, with me where the brain would be controlling it and changing it's form. anything else entering would be torn to shreds by the immense water pressure.
    Last edited by Tensu; 2009-03-16 at 10:23 PM.
    Permissum Haud Malum Sto!

I'm used to forums where everyone attacks me for no particularly explained reason, and claims I said things I never said. as a result, I may take comments that are not directed at me as directed at me. If I do so, I offer my sincerest apologies in advance.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I think shikai can be pretty much anything. Same with bankai.
    Shoot, look at Captain Kuchki (spelling?). His are basically a fancy-looking ranged weapon, better than a gun, even (since they allow defense and offense).
    Yes, but bullets are known to be far superior to, um, flower petals. Also, for the bankai I was thinking significantly more daka.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yes, but bullets are known to be far superior to, um, flower petals. Also, for the bankai I was thinking significantly more daka.
    And by flower petals, you clearly mean telekinetic monomolecular blades; thousands of them (or millions in the case of bankai). ;)
    My point there being that I'd wager guns are doable. Even ones with almost Enuff Dakka. Almost.

11. - Top - End - #11

And by flower petals, you clearly mean telekinetic monomolecular blades; thousands of them (or millions in the case of bankai). ;)
    Huh. Weird. Then why do they look like flower petals?

12. - Top - End - #12

Better question. Why dosn't everything else
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Huh. Weird. Then why do they look like flower petals?
    a.)because of the light reflecting off the blades
    b.)because he's so damn good, no one's going to call him on it.

14. - Top - End - #14

a.)because of the light reflecting off the blades
    b.)because he's so damn good, no one's going to call him on it.
    Well, the second one I can buy.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmmm...not really sure about names, and shapes/types of swords, but here's my attempt:

Starting form: possibly a pair of daggers/swort swords, those that can be wielded holding the blade towards the floor.

Shikai: Haunt Armatocereus: the blades turn into barbed tonfas/rainsticks, similar to these, only with a cactus-themed style (barbs in the shape of spikes, maybe a cactus flower were the knifes slides out).

Bankai: Whippurwill: spikes grow, and shape modifies lightly to appear like folded wings, with the ability to manifest an eerie-howl capable of affecting the minds of the opponents on diverse ways when spun.
    Last edited by Madmal; 2009-03-16 at 11:14 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it's more like, he's so hardcore, he kills people with flowers.

...Even though they're not technically flowers.

Mind you one person in a filler episode DOES get a Zanpakto that makes flowers sprout. It's significantly less effective.

As to why swords rather than guns? In part, they are a representation of the person using them. But also, regular guns wouldn't really work too well. A lot of these people could take tank shells. If they weren't ghosts, thus making everything very confusing.

Magic guns are another story, but... don't be surprised if people start outrunning the bullets.

What can I say? Bleach is in a lot of ways like Dragon Ball Z. Only better written.

As for this silly little exercise...

Shikai: A pair of short blades, electromagnetic type. What can I say? Most of the time, these Zanpakto are metal, and so can easily be pushed away. Leaving some jerk wide open for hot electric death! Should work reasonably well on that Gun Zanpakto too. I don't know enough Japanese to come up with an awesome enough sounding name.

Bankai: Swords vanish. Poor sap might think it failed. Unfortunately for the poor sap, there's a bunch of tiny metallic fragments zipping about that all of the sudden will shoot lightning between them, and push/pull on their sword. It's total hax!

Naturally, the way to defeat me would be to use a plastic Zanpakto gun. I wouldn't know what hit me! Though I might be able to guess.
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2009-03-16 at 11:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. Don't count on it. I don't think there's any metal in Renji's huge bone snake bankai, and there's always kido to fall back on. Heck, Shikai to shikai, with the one I thought up, Kagetaro wouldn't even be aiming for you- it'd be your shadow, and by the time you figure that out, you're already pinned. If you know, well, things become a bit more interesting. But I'd still put at least even money on it.
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, truth be told earlier I was thinking about doing a Bleach game as I do on occasion, and the thought occurred that this might be a good idea for a character.

Also, it'd be lame to go with something too strong.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but my zanpaktou in both its shikai and bankai, makes light.

Good luck finding my shadow, Rogue 7. Good luck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Xuincherguixe View Post
    What can I say? Bleach is in a lot of ways like Dragon Ball Z. Only better written.
    Marginally.

Don't get me wrong, there is stuff I like about it near the beginning, but for me it was a huge disappointment. Which is why I comment where I otherwise wouldn't. I can handle a bad show, but not a show that betrays me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuincherguixe View Post
    Unfortunately for the poor sap, there's a bunch of tiny metallic fragments zipping about that all of the sudden will shoot lightning between them, and push/pull on their sword. It's total hax!
    You know, most metal isn't actually magnetic, and even then it isn't very magnetic. Just saying.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

You know, I was going to make another joke on Zankantou, but frankly, that thing really is a zanpaktou. Witness how it shifts from katana to big cleaver to effing huge greatsword the size of an XBox. And all the weird crap he can pull with it. And the spontaneous cherry blossoms.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2009-03-16 at 11:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Yes, but my zanpaktou in both its shikai and bankai, makes light.

Good luck finding my shadow, Rogue 7. Good luck.
    Please. That just makes it easier. You'll be holding the blade in front of you, which means that you'll be casting a shadow behind you. Because unless you're transparent, you'll be blocking that light, creating a shadow.

Besides, I don't think my Zanpaktou would be all-powerful. One-on-one, it's very helpful, but against groups it results in me dropping my weapon, not an optimal scenario. And even one-on-one, there's still things folks could do- unchanted Kido (though there'd be difficulty aiming), or other such things. I'd suspect that someone like Byakuya would still be able to release his shikai, and that'd pretty much kill me. I was just pointing out that Xuincherguixe didn't have an instant win weapon there. That's all.
    My Blog Thing

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

but what about places all light and all shadow?
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    but what about places all light and all shadow?
    my guess is it probably wouldn't work. but then, how many places are there with enough light sources to get rid of all shadow?

I'm used to forums where everyone attacks me for no particularly explained reason, and claims I said things I never said. as a result, I may take comments that are not directed at me as directed at me. If I do so, I offer my sincerest apologies in advance.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Starting form: Wakizashi with a hooked guard about two inches up the blade.

Shikai: "Raise your voice, Shadow Song." A wrist blade that is actually two identical blades set side by side, Shadow Song uses sonic vibrations to speak and perform kido seperate its wielder.

Bankai: "Chorus of Shadows" The wrist blade is detached, floating of its own accord, and multiplied in quanitity from one to thirteen. In addition to performing kido, each blade can manipulate sounds within thirteen meters of it and strike independantly within its reach. Movement of the blades, however, is directed by the wielder.

Naturally, an intellect such as my own is only suitable for the 12th Squad, where my abilities can be put to effective use without any of that bothersome moral restraint other squads seem to favor.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

I've thought of so many of them, but what would be one to suit me?

maybe something like
    shikai: run, ikkakujuu (means unicorn i think). melts into something resembling mercury which i could shape into various weapons, limited to the general size of a sword and shield.

bankai: charge to the heavens. forms a suit of plate armor, with thrusting sword and shield. granting the ability of what amounts to rocket propulsion on steroids by using ambient spirit particles or consuming itself in a pinch. (think a very fast, very loud version of shunpo that didn't turn)
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue 7 View Post
    Renji's huge bone snake
    That sounds just wrong.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

huh, didn't think of what the release commands of mine would be. the shikai would probably be "Flood, Benthotherium" and Bonkai "Drown them!"

29. - Top - End - #29

BlueWizardGirl

Like Tensu, I am not a Bleach fan. However, this thought is too amusing to pass up.

Basic Form: "Weeaboo": I start out with a bargain-basement katana that looks like it was bought from a pawn shop with my parents' money.

Shikai: "Mister Bushido": With the command "SUB ONLY!" I summon a wakizashi to dual wield along with my katana. Unfortunately, they still both look like they were bought from a pawn shop. And not a particularly nice pawn shop.

Bankai: "Translator's note: keikaku means plan.": With the command "Just according to keikaku" I reveal myself as one of those people who thinks partially translated fansubs will help me learn Japanese. At this point I lock up for several minutes while I debate whether or not One Piece is popular enough with the masses to make triple-wielding with the aid of one's teeth uncouth for someone trying to distance himself from mainstream American society. If I can survive that stalled minute in the midst of combat, my enemies will have cause to fear when my angst finally manifests itself in the form of beamspam.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Shikai: Shine, Lámina Divina (Heavenly Blade).
    Banaki: Lámina Divina coa Alas (Winged Heavenly Blade)
    Both names are spanish, I started with the meaning, put it into an online translator.
    A more accurate translation would be "Filo Divino" (Heavenly Blade) and "Filo Divino Alado" (Winged Heavenly Blade).

Now, I know nothing of Bleach, but I do know my spanish, after all, it's my Mother Language.
    Previously known as Dorian Soth.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is:
    0619-3578-2378