New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 17

1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 17

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Eastside Jail

The questions seems to frustrate the demon even more, but for once she restrains her irritation. I was out walking and suddenly they started chasing me! No idea how they even saw me, but they did! I hid away but they were waiting for me. Tore my whole home down! Then they slammed me to the ground and took me to this stupid place and now they're gonna kill me!
    Eastside Jail

What did they say to you about why? It is important. If you want me to get you out of there, it is very very important that you tell me everything.
    The voice in Hekta's head tells her before pausing. And tell me your name and who you are. How old are you? What do you like? She adds, hoping that the more mundane questions would help calm her down.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eastside Jail

The questions doesn't seem to calm the demon, rather the opposite actually. I dunno, something about spying I think? I was just really angry at them. Just wanna get out of here. Please help. I am Hekta but I dunno my age. Haven't counted. Young? I'm hungry, I want to eat She is rather impatient.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {{Slave Tunnels}}

Dust begins to fall all around Vincent, as a giant spider begins to descend from the ceiling above. There are three smaller spiders coming down beside it. Boss fight!
    Slave Tunnels

Awww man. Secret boss fight. Or maybe a regular mini-boss fight. Depends on if whatever is in that treasure is necessary for getting through the dungeon or just a really powerful boon of some kind. Well at least he prepared for this a little. Vincent readies his sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

{{Slave Tunnels}}

The Spiders fight as follows:

1. Baby spiders attack doing minimal damage.
    2. Momma spider, usually attacking last, does more damage.
    3. Using the multi-hit attack from his sword, the Baby spiders can be taken out with one hit, if they are critical'd. Otherwise, it'd take two rounds.
    4. When all three small spiders are gone, Momma will call for more the next round after the last Baby dies.
    5. This will essentially give Vincent one free round.
    6. The round after, Momma attacks again, and then the Babies arrive after.
    7. Momma will take quite a few rounds of good solid single-attack hits.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Slave Tunnels

Thank goodness they don't poison with any degree of consistency. Vincent isn't sure he could pull it off if they did.

He opens up the first round with his best attack buff, before following it up with that limit break he spent so long building up on the thugs, wiping out the babies. He's disappointed when they show back up, but there's no point in wasting mp trying to keep them off the field. He hits the mom when he can, heals up frequently and otherwise stalls and whittles until his second limit break move ends the fight. Used up quite a lot of resources there though. Might be trouble down the road. He would have bought more potions if they didn't need the money for detective stuff. Worse his break meter's empty again and he can't afford to fill it up if he wants the potions for fighting. Whatever's in this chest better have been worth it. He might have to stop the quest for a little bit to go shopping.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #726

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Malechenar]

"Very well," says Sticks, unfurling a map of Riverside from a small tube. He marks a rough outline of the grand, city-encompassing Sigil, and the places where imps will need to mark the outer nodes. The two parties are subsequently given addresses where marks will be placed to form the inner rings. "I will be in contact regarding the... exact location of the rings."

"Now go. And please, everyone. Do be careful," Sticks smiles in a grandfatherly sort of way. "I would like to bury no one in the morning." And of course, if one of them were to perish too early it would diminish their overall chances of binding the demon, so...

Thus the stage is set.

((Now I believe it's up to SC and... TE, was it, to choose what will be encountered. I also don't mind describing locations or somesuch))
    [Malechenar]

((So we're dividing people into three groups that are slightly different from what Sticks suggested.

Nazaan and Jig are in group 1.
    Vax and Zhareen are in group 2.
    Tep and Eschelle are in group 3.
    Sticks is directing the entire thing.

The first group will be offscreen.
    The second group will be narrated by Third_Emperor.
    The third group will be narrated by me.))

[Northside - Group 3]

The group will be accompanied by a group of guards from Malechenar. Face concealing helmets and all. It's like they want to get killed or something.
    They have to preferably set up the ritual away from civilians since they would likely just make the ritual even harder. It already feels like you're being watched, the grey sky and the tall houses seemingly looming closer as you pass through the streets. There aren't any people out on the streets, apparently Malechenar has set up a state of emergency and people are to keep inside their homes.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Halfling in the Playground

[Northside - Group 3]

"It isn't very much farther, gentlemen,"
    says Eschelle, businesslike, hand outstretched with a complex sigil floating above her palm. She looks into it, then at her comrades. She's taller than all but Tep.

Thinking of the demon, she shoots him a glance as they walk, scarcely noticeable beneath that broad hat of hers. "What stake have you in this, anyway?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-02-18 at 06:36 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Northside- Group 3

The demon's ears raise, though he doesn't turn his head from his book as he answers. It's not an impolite gesture. It's simply a more practical one.
    "Me? I would like to have a few favors owed to me. I like living here, as well. I personally would like to crush this being's metaphorical skull for its arrogance. And last, after all this is over perhaps I'll get an audience with one of the Lords of Malechenar. I have a complaint to lodge." he says, with a small smile.

Riverside- Imps

The note in Tep's bok rallies Imp Squad to the case of making the first binding circle. Scrawling a few sigils around the city will be easy, especially since their connection should make it easy for them to do them all at the same time. With any luck, the sigils will be completed right when the second circle is ready to go up, so by the time the demon realizes what the imps are doing it'll have bigger problems to worry about.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #729

Northside- Group 3

"We're going to establish a perimeter around the circle with your permission. Just what sort of attacks are we supposed to expect?" The captain of the guards asks the demon and the lady.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Hoping that the distractions work, El Cuervo tries to fly itself and Zefir over the wall without getting spotted. It is carrying Zefir in its arms as best as it can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Light's Heart]

((No worrie. I just might ask what the meaning is))

"Not your fault. Such things happen sometimes." Zefir starts.
    "Yeah you wait and i set a fire close bye. it should attract them and give us some time."

He will then head off, setting up one of his explosives nearby which wil cause a big fire. He shouldn't got any problems unless there are guards or police who take special care.
    [Light's Heart]

Where are they flying exactly? Towards the main entrance? Or trying to enter through a window? They're pretty small but there are still a few people at the main entrance. The bird seem confused by a sudden cloud of darkness appearing so they at least managed to distract it for a few moments.

[Group 2]

So group two, accompanied by a number of guards are going to set up the second ritual. Zhareen is here and she seem to intent to set up a circle away from the water. "Okay, so the demon is probably going to cause fear right? So we just need to think of our greatest fear and then prepare for it. I also hear that drugs are an excellent way of battling fear demons! But I guess we need to be alert with the ritual and all..."

10. - Top - End - #730

El Cuervo was just thinking about over the wall, but going for a window would work, so El Cuervo tries for that as well as it can while carrying Zefir.

11. - Top - End - #731

[Northside - Group 3]

"I will expect you to keep the mortal threats away from us, if possible,"
    says Eschelle, smiling at the armored man. "Crazed citizens. Your citizens, I might add." The tall woman looks around. Just where in Northside are they? Sticks knows where the sigils need to be placed, not what sorts of buildings they might be inside, or on what streets...

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

[Group 2]

So group two, accompanied by a number of guards are going to set up the second ritual. Zhareen is here and she seem to intent to set up a circle away from the water. "Okay, so the demon is probably going to cause fear right? So we just need to think of our greatest fear and then prepare for it. I also hear that drugs are an excellent way of battling fear demons! But I guess we need to be alert with the ritual and all..."
    [Group 2]

Vax makes a circuit of the perimeter herself. She trusts herself more than the Malechenar guards that accompany them. Especially because they come from Malechenar. "There is nothing for us to fear from this demon." Vax comments as she returns to her wife's side. "We've bound countless beings like this before. This is hardly different." Only exceptionally more dangerous and less controlled, but that's the last thing you say when you want to instill a false sense of security in these guards. She didn't need them falling apart at the first sign of trouble.

13. - Top - End - #733

[Light's Heart]

Zefir is not really in the position to say or do anything. At least the cloud blocks his view as well I guess and El Curvo is the one flying him around. He has to count on him for now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Group 3

"The demon can perhaps attempt to lash out at us directly, but I doubt it will reveal itself in any true capacity just yet. It will likely simply attack you mentally, if at all. The only physical threats will be thrall, as she said." says Tep, laying down some runes around them for defense.

15. - Top - End - #735

[Group 2]

"Well, I have the perfect weapon against it! We can sing a song or listen to some happy music! That always helps dealing with fear!" Zhareen suggests cheerfully. Which explains the huge boombox the merperson brought along. This thing is what Vax have suffered hearing uptown girl blasting at full volume through.

Northside- Group 3

They appear to be inside a mall. There are even some stragglers left such as teenagers hanging out and store owners closing up their shops, taking suspicious glances at the former group. "No one here seems crazy. Yet." The captain comments.

[Light's Heart]

As already noted, the windows are rather small. While the people are still distracted there is no guarantee that they can squeeze through those windows before they're spotted. The eagle could theoretically just move out of the cloud after all.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

[Group 2]

"Yes love, but let's worry about getting to our destination first. We do need to be quick, remember." For more reason than the need to wrap this up quickly, as Zhareen knows. They don't want to reach the demon itself after their compatriots in the other groups.

17. - Top - End - #737

[Light's Heart]

El Cuervo sees how small the windows are, but it has an answer to that.

"Hold on tight...to my legs."

El Cuervo waits for Zefir to shift his grip, then it takes out its high-frequency blade from its arm and tries to cut the stone into order to make the window wide enough for Zefir to slip inside the building.

18. - Top - End - #738

[Northside - Group 3]

"Let us do this quickly,"
    Eschelle hurries toward the place of power, from which Sticks' mighty sigil can bridge its inner nodes. Her hat flops as she walks, her heels click relentlessly, and that big dark dress billows out in her wake. "Have you the men to spare, remove these people." Eschelle speaks practically, with an almost military authority.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #739

[Light's Heart]

Zefir takes hold as asked by the scarecrow. Right now he can only trust him or fall and he preferes to not fall. Zefir will take a look around, just in case the bird thing comes and he has to warn El Curvo. They are both easy targets.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

{{Slave Tunnels}}

The chest is filled with potions (10 regular, 1 mega) an upgrade of the Detective Armor and a potion of minor invisibility.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Jail

The questions doesn't seem to calm the demon, rather the opposite actually. I dunno, something about spying I think? I was just really angry at them. Just wanna get out of here. Please help. I am Hekta but I dunno my age. Haven't counted. Young? I'm hungry, I want to eat She is rather impatient.
    Eastside Jail

I'll help you, Hekta. And I'll make sure you're gotten out of there and fed, but I need to check your memories will quick. Will you let me?
    She asks. Then once you're out of there, I have all the free food you can stomach. She promises. If she's allowed into Hekta's memories, Jezzy will search for what was said to her and for any with a mirror in it to show her what Hekta looks like.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Slave Tunnels

Whooo! The potions alone were probably worth it. The level up from the xp was definitely worth it. Upgraded armor is always a plus, even if the armor would only be used in specific plot places. The potion of invisibility is unusual though. Vincent isn't sure if it's a combat item, a trade quest chain item, or an overworld item. The invisibility mechanic is as new as this detective vision. Ah well. He'll figure it out later via trial and reloading.

For now, time to continue down the path he was originally on, to see if it wraps back around to the branch of three or has some more detours, or something else entirely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

{{Slave Tunnels}}

Yup, you discovered it. The other path is just a circle. Without the secret passage, there's nothing to find.

So now there is only the path that leads between the other two.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

[Slave Tunnels]

Well it would have been confusing as hell if he hadn't triggered the secret switch first. Or worse, found some way to trigger this plot before having picked up detective gear. Always awkward.

Until then, onward! Up the middle path with the fearlessness of someone who knows random encounters. Also, there are people to save. Well, hopefully still more than one. Vincent isn't even sure why they're being kidnapped yet. Doesn't seem to be a volcano sacrifice situation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #745

[Group 2]

Zhareen grins. "Of course. We should almost be there shouldn't we love?" She gestures ahead at moth park

[Light's Heart]

They can slice through the walls with some effort but cutting through stone still cause a lot of noise and the observes below soon turn to look up. This is followed by shouting but thankfully they have managed to squeeze inside the window by that time. They're now inside a hallway that is well-lit by torches attached to the walls. The corridors lead left and right. Left seem to lead downwards, right upwards.

[Northside - Group 3]

The guard captain nods and they head out to kick out the hoodlums and the shopkeepers despite their protests. But as they argue the group might smell something. Is that... smoke? It certainly smells like it.

Eastside Jail

Why do you need to check my memories? The demon asks suspiciously. I told you all!

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Slave Tunnels]

Well it would have been confusing as hell if he hadn't triggered the secret switch first. Or worse, found some way to trigger this plot before having picked up detective gear. Always awkward.

Until then, onward! Up the middle path with the fearlessness of someone who knows random encounters. Also, there are people to save. Well, hopefully still more than one. Vincent isn't even sure why they're being kidnapped yet. Doesn't seem to be a volcano sacrifice situation.
    {Slave Tunnels}

As Vincent travels along, he encounters a few screens of random encounters and scattered chests filled with gold and potions. On the second screen Vincent's player, not necessarily Vincent himself, might notice a chest with no obvious path to it. Neither the screen before, nor the screen after show a path to the left that would allow him access to it either.

27. - Top - End - #747

[Northside - Group 3]

"Tep, wasn't it?" comes the small exclamation from beside the demon lord. His lady-comrade is peering about, great broad brim of her hat turning like a plate. "Do you smell that, dear heart?"

Eschelle will move toward the source of the smoky smell, if she can. If she can discern a direction.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

[Group 2]

Zhareen grins. "Of course. We should almost be there shouldn't we love?" She gestures ahead at moth park.
    [Group 2]

"Of course. Let's not dally then." Vax heads the way to the park. They move to its center before they stop. "Start to set up, won't you, darling? I'll contact Sticks so he can walk us through the finer details." She'll do that as soon as Zhareen is off to do that, presumably with some aide from their muscle if needed.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

Group 3

Tep nods, finishing the sigil he's laying down on the floor.
    "Indeed I do. But stand fast; let's not react to it until we can discern what exactly it is that's going on. I can imagine it trying to make illusory fire to panic people here." he muses.

30. - Top - End - #750

[Light's Heart]

They can slice through the walls with some effort but cutting through stone still cause a lot of noise and the observes below soon turn to look up. This is followed by shouting but thankfully they have managed to squeeze inside the window by that time. They're now inside a hallway that is well-lit by torches attached to the walls. The corridors lead left and right. Left seem to lead downwards, right upwards.
    "Sorry Zefir."

El Cuervo didn't mean to make that much noise.

"So where is...the target?"