New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Dark Grove/Reean Isles: Ahn, Gurgle-Gurgle

"Yes, send some scouts out. That's a grand idea!" Ahn twirled his staff into the air. "They wont be the only one's with a gift of luck!"

The God of Luck pointed his staff towards Gurgle-Gurgle "You're their leader. You'll make a fine conduit. Take this blessing, Gurgle-Gurgle so that all members of your kind take some measure of a blessing." with that being said, a burst of golden light erupts from Ahn's staff and flies into Gurgle-Gurgle before shattering into a thousand different rays of and touches upon each member of the tribe, a few rays even dashing out into the Dark Grove.

With a smile, Ahn turned away and walked towards the water and pointed his staff at the island closes to the shore. "That will be the site of our first city, Gurgle-Gurgle. I will teach you all you need to know about building it. It will be an amazing fixture to this world. I shall call it Murkdeep."

"The only safe-haven near the Dark Grove. You'll all have my blessings and remain under my protection within this city." Ahn said and the Bogwarts immediately swam out to the first isle and began construction of Murkdeep.

.................................................. .................................................

Murkdeep, Reean Isles - Ahn, Gurgle-Gurgle (sometime later)

Ahn stood side by side with Gurgle-Gurgle as they inspected the Bogwarts running around and constructing the city. Ahn smiled but a certain knot in his throat began to twist and a bitter taste entered the god's mouth. Ahn thought to himself in silence.

"So this is what it is like to be a god? To create? To lead? To be loved?"

"The Bogwarts are beautiful people.... the creation of another god?" Ahn looked towards the sky, his eyes gazing upon the form of the Cosmic Mother in the void. "Why?" he thought to himself. "Why is it that you and every other god out there has all the power? Why do you and yours get to fly in the sky and know what it means to be a god? Why do I have to struggle to learn my own nature on my own? It's not FAIR!!! I want that too! I want to know what it means to be a god! I want to know why I exist!"

"I want.... a people of my own... Not just the Bogwarts... They're lovely... but I want my OWN people of my OWN creation!" and with that thought, he turned his thoughts to the water and thus did emerge at the god's thoughts, a large group of creatures through the water. easily numbering a few thousand as they broke through the water. They appeared humanoid in nature, near featureless with slits for nostrils, pale skin, pale hair and eyes that ranged from sickly pink to blood red. These would be Ahn's true people... The Dopplegangers and it was they that knelt down before the god and prostrated themselves before him and Ahn looked upon the Dopplegangers and he was indeed happy at the outcome.

Ahn smiled at the sight and turned to Gurgle-Gurgle before saying "These too shall join in Murkdeep and they too shall help us create a grand society."

Spoiler: AP
    Show

Start AP: 7AP

Use artifact: Dog-Stick: Nourishment -0 : A blessing of luck has been given to the Bogwarts, specifically the ones whom would be within Murkdeep though some beyond were also touched by it. Let it be known that the Bogwarts are a naturally lucky creature and recieve a +1 Luck.

Create Organization: Murkdeep -2: Murkdeep is a lawless town with little to no organization. Primarily populated by Bogwarts and Dopplegangers, they would end up leading lives of trade and piracy. In the future it would grow from the massve groups of stilted-huts and mud-bricks into a massive pirate/port metropolis.

Create Populace: Dopplegangers -2: Through Ahn's envy of the other gods, the Dopplegangers were created with the ability to change and take on an appearance both in spite of the other gods and to satisfy his own hunger to create.

Remaining AP: 3AP

Murkdeep PrC: Champion of Nature.
    Characters who wish to become a true force of nature take on this prestige class. Druids are the most common, but not the only class to take this role. any such person with strong ties to the natural world can take the path of the natures champion, among those would be druids, rangers, barbarians, or even clerics to a nature deity.
    Alignment: Any Neutral.
    Skills: Knowledge (nature) 10 ranks, handle animal 5 ranks, survival 8 ranks.
    Spellcasting: Able to cast 4th level divine spells.
    Special: You must have done a noble deed twords nature, wether it be curing a sick animal, protecting a sacred grove, or destroying aberitions and undead, however, the deed cannot be a small one(the DM can judge weather act is worthy or not.).
    Level Base
    Attack Bonus
    Saving Throws Special Spellcasting
    Fort Ref Will
    1st +0 +2 +0 +2 Animal companion mastery, con +1 +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    2nd +1 +3 +1 +3 Superior wild shape, natural armor +2
    3rd +2 +3 +2 +3 Air mastery +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    4th +3 +4 +2 +4 Scent, con +2
    5th +3 +4 +2 +4 water mastery, natural armor +4 +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    6th +4 +5 +3 +5 Share saving throws
    7th +5 +5 +3 +5 Earth mastery, con +3 +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    8th +6/+1 +6 +3 +6 Natural armor +6
    9th +6/+1 +6 +4 +6 Fire mastery, share spells +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    10th +7/+2 +7 +4 +7 Tempest
    Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level)
    The champion of nature's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are concentration(con), handle animal(cha), heal(wis), knowledge(nature)(int), listen(wis), spellcraft(int), survival(wis).
    Level Special
    11th
    12th Bonus feat
    13th
    14th
    15th
    16th Bonus feat
    17th
    18th
    19th
    20th Bonus feat
    Class Features[edit]

All of the following are class features of the champion of nature.
    Spellcasting: At 1st level and every 3 levels after, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in a spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one divine spellcasting class before becoming a champion of nature, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.

Animal companion mastery(Ex):At 1st level, the required level adjustment drops equal by half your champion of nature level.
    Constitution:Starting at 1st level your animal companion recieves a +1 bonus to con.This icreases at 4th level to a +2 bonus, and a +3 bonus at 6th.
    Superior wild shape(Ex):this spell-like ability functions as the druids wild shape ability exept you retain the suppernatural abilitys of your current shape(such as an air elementals whirlwind).
    Natural armor:starting at 2nd level your animal companion gains a +2 bonus to natural armor. this increases to +4 at 5th level, and a +6 at 8th.
    Air mastery(Su):at 3rd level the nature's champion gains a +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls against any airborn opponent.also the nature's champion gains a +2 bonus against opponents native from the elemental plane of air.
    Scent: at 4th level the nature's champion gains the scent ability, allowing him to track opponents by scent.
    Water mastery(Su): at 5th level the nature's champion gains a +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls against opponents from the elemental plane of water.also the nature's champion gains a +2 bonus against opponents with the water subtype.
    Share saving throws:at 6th level the nature's champion gains the ability to swap saving throws with his animal companion.
    Earth mastery(Su):at 7th level the nature's champion gains a +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls against any earthbound opponent.also the nature's champion gains a +2 bonus against opponents native from the elemental plane of earth.
    Fire mastery(Su): at 9th level the nature's champion gains a +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls against opponents from the elemental plane of Fire.also the nature's champion gains a +2 bonus against opponents with the Fire subtype.
    Tempest(Ex):upon reaching 10th level all the nature's champions spells that he casts with the fire, air, water, earth, cold, or electricity discriptors are treated as if by the effect of the empower spell and maximize spell feats.
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-04-01 at 08:37 PM.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eucle Erebus
    There is a booming laughter as the creatures smile. They disappear almost as fast as they arrived. "We are told to permit you to pass. Only a god would be foolish enough to believe Death owed them a debt and that they could collect. Seek out the one you want in the great darkness." The creature side steps and behind him is a path. With the plane largely devoid of light it is amazing that the path can be found, yet there it is. A darkness deeper than that around it. The path winds in a spiral, taking you past the souls of the dead. They go about their lives seemingly in bliss and unaware of your presence. A careful observation reveals that the dead may not realize that they are indeed dead. That the souls are simply living out a life without suffering.
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-04-01 at 07:31 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Eucle shrugs his desire to smash the shadows. But he knows it would be futile. He walks ignoring the keepers' mocking taunt. He remains silent for a while not paying much attention to his surroundings, lost in introspection. The mortal souls there concern him only slightly and he makes sure to keep from touching the souls.

He mumbles, to himself, only a whisper.

"I wonder how close am I to him. Did I inherit some of his whims? If not why does this resemble the dream so much?"

When the time comes and the gods reach the deepest shadow and the perching castle the prosperity god advances and knocks on the door.

"Sire. I've come searching for you. The reunion cannot be sojourned."
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-04-02 at 01:57 PM. Reason: wrong preposition
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

4. - Top - End - #754
    Orc in the Playground

Eucle, Yhrzallus, Keepers - Erebus

The mad god nods to Eucle and simply observes the dealings with the Keepers, then follows the Wealth God deeper into the realm of shadow.

"I could only wonder who is the one that claims souls throughout all creation. Have we souls, Eucle? Would it not be most puzzlingly exquisite that we might find ourselves dead and imprisoned here, were such a thing to be true?" He muttered in his worn out voice. "...But too singular an existence for me. I certainly would be displeased."

Neiag, Aoir'Yian, Atarka, Hagatha, Keymaster, Raven Mother - Sunken Purity

The Keymaster watches the flame grow in amusement, but as Hagatha teases him with her question, the chamberlain displays a smug grin. "My hair's always been down. It was just perfectly covered by a hood." He then crosses his arms. "If Atarka has lit the bonfire, it's only fitting that we find a proper ritual for this moment, so that mortals may forevermore do it in order to revere the seven sins..."
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Atarka grinned as the fire burned higher and the smoke from the flames began to rise to the land above. She turned to her comrades and said "It's no fun if we are the only ones to enjoy this fire. Isn't that right, my sinful comrades?" As the smoke rose and mixed with the air above, those mortals who weren't under the specific protection of one of the five (and even then those that were as long as the creator consented) found that their greatest sin was brought to the forefront. In this twilight before the changing of the seasons the mortals would learn to embrace their sinful natures; even if such a thing would cause their downfall. Grenzo Himself grinned down at the chaos that started as mortals began to hold back a little less and embrace their inner demons, Atarka in turn cackling like the bonfire falling down at supports were burned away.
    Show
    We do get Pantheon APs!
    -1 That, Pestilence "Embrace of Sin": Those mortals not under the protection of the Five (with the exception of the Aram and possibly others depending on if they want it to affect them as well) find their most powerful sin fighting forward. The lazy lounge, the angry pillage, the lustful procreate, the envious covet that which they can't possess, the gluttonous consume stores of food created for the long winter, the prideful judge all, and the greedy grab it all as Atarka's bonfire burns.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Living Ship, Middle of the sea - Firestar, Captain Khan

Firestar's hooves clopped lightly against the ship's hard wooden deck as he strutted back and forth, eying each and every single one of the crew members with his supernatural gaze. Not a soul moved, all were in shock upon the appearance of the talking winged horse. "So!" the pegasus broke the silence with a tone of authority. "Obviously, not a single one of you gentlemen is the Captain of this ship or the leader of this fleet. Where is he? I would speak to him."

An ornate wooden door swung open and a rather large man in a red coat and feathered hat stepped out onto the deck. The man's beard was a black and massive uncombed mess. "Aye, tha' be me. Who be wantin' ter....." The captain stopped and stared at the image of Firestar standing there upon his deck. "Wha' the? Why there be a damned horse on me ship? Which one o' ye blokes plotted this?!" The captain suddenly yelled out with an angry roar and grabbed hold of the nearest crew member by his throat.

"Careful now, Captain. I do not think my Master want's his future crew arriving as corpses." Firestar said, interrupting the Captain.

The Captain dropped the crewmember with a thud. "Ye gods! A damned talkin' horse! I'll be rich!"

"Pegasus, Captain. Not a horse and yes, you will be rich. Provided you do exactly as I....What are you doing?" The pegasus tilted his head as the Captain began to inch close to him with a rope in hand and a lust for treasures in his eyes.

"Fool..." with a clap of his hooves, Firestar sent the Captain crushing into the ornate door that he initially walked out of. Firestar slowly walked up to the door and poked his head inside, towering over the Captain.

"My name is Firestar. I'm here to represent Ahn, The God of Luck. Today is your lucky day! You shall set sail for a small group of islands off the coast of the Dark Grove. There is a city there, it will be your new home. You'll serve the God of Luck as both merchants and pirates. You'll trave the breadth of the ocean, raiding and pillaging as you wish but you shall also act as the city's connection to the wide world." The pegasus paused for a moment, suddenly a parchment and quill appear before the captain.

"Should you choose to accept. You will join the ranks of the blessed. Luck and Fortune forever swayed in your favor. Do you agree with these terms?" Firestar tilted his head, giving the Captain a look that said he didnt really have much of a choice in the matter.

"Aye, I do a' tha'....." The Captain said as he signed the parchment. It disappeared as soon as he did. "Bloody turtle dragon's arse.... Me whole fleet'll be thar in less than a week."

"Excellent. This shall be a profitable relationship." Said Firestar before flying off and leaving the fleet of living ships behind.

Show
    Start AP: 3

Mark the Chosen - 0AP: Captain Khan : Captain Khan is a greasy old pirate captain in charge of the Lucky Girl and it's fleet. He's ruthless and gets the job done, provided that there's lots of loot to be had of course.

Remaining AP: 3
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-04-01 at 10:26 PM.
    Currently Playing

7. - Top - End - #757
    Orc in the Playground

Clora - Just outside the world

Clora looked upon the world. The ones who had harmed her children would burn. With retribution complete, she turned her attention to the second problem her creations were facing. Something was hunting them. This was impermissible - but so too was the emotional instability of her spawn. Clora came to a conclusion - she needed to know more - about death, and about the effects of souls. She would need to go to the only one who knew truly of such things. She would need to visit death itself - but not before giving her creations a reprieve...

Vek'nul & Iron Bark - Forest, Demiourgia

Vek'nul, like all others of his kind, began to wail in sorrow and pain. Like many others, even words escaped him. After what seemed like eternity however, a light appeared, and seemed to drown out his sorrows. The glowing skeletal figure stretched out a hand. "Hello Vek'nul. I am Lum'ohs, first of the glowing. It seems that our great mother has given us a reprieve. Stay with me, and the sorrow can be stalled." Lum'ohs turned to the large, quickly moving tree. "I am sorry if my brother has caused your or your in harm. It seems something cursed us with a horrible emotion - but our mother has given us an new light, one to protect us from this curse."

Cho'zak, Nimneka the Demon Tree - Deep Dark Purity

Cho'zak looked upon the cackling tree. The pain for his own self became something slightly different for a moment. "I made naught but a simple request - you had every chance to tell me to leave. You had no right to do what you have done. Understand that your pain brings me no joy, no ecstasy - but we will never forget the injustice you have submitted us to. We do not forget."

Althia & Masquerading Zombies- The Challenge Mountains

Althia departed with the first of the Masquerading Zombies, holding the Skull of the Arisen in her hand. A new creation was in order, the artifact was charged, she knew this much - she would need to create something that could handle the unleashing of sorrow - which, though her masquerading zombies could manage, was still hard to handle. She could not, however, fathom a creature which the skull would create that would suffice. She would need something different entirely. She needed more time. She needed to figure out emotions - but how?

Clora - Just outside the world

Clora looked out into the abyss, not sure of what it was that she was looking for. She took the form of a woman, clad in armor of bone - a helm in the form of her own skull, and holding a lance made of light. She called out into the abyss. "I seek the one who created death, who collects souls. I seek meeting with Kyre."

Spoiler: AP!
    Show
    Initial AP: [2] (Previous post ended in error, I should have gained 5 from rollover, not 3, as Clora increased her caste 1 week ago)
    AP Expenditure:
    Nourishment (Light of Sorrow's End) [-1] - The light of the tendrils of restorative light and glowing skeletons grants reprieve from all sorrow.
    Remaining AP: [1]
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-04-05 at 09:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Barbarian in the Playground

Trenco, shores of the Challenge Mountains

Shading his eyes with one hand, he glanced up briefly at the burning skies. He was travelling with a caravan for the time being, a dozen wagons making their way with spices and baubles to peddle to the dwarves, kobolds, dragons, and other denizens of the area. And then the sky had taken flame, and the air begun to tremble. Trenco had seen a lot on the road, but this? No. He smiled to himself, humming a few bars as he manipulated the words of a verse. No, he hadn’t, but the future would know of it. Dee da dee da dee dum. That infernal voice. It was unseemly and just not right for a renowned Halfling bard to have to plug his ears to think. All just as well though, as it didn’t seem to help at all. What could be going on up there?!

Dwarven Holds

The mountains were deep, and full of secrets. But these were the homes of the dwarves from times long past, and they had been plumbing its mysteries for that time. There was, it seems though, still some surprises left for them. Magnuss was working to extend a family dwelling, carving out from the rock by hand. Not his first time on the job, he quickly ceased chipping away at the rock when the tip of the pick gave slip that indicated a pocket in the area behind. Such things were possible, of course, but there had been cores drilled, of course, and nothing amiss that would indicate the presence of any pockets or common elements of their formation.
    Carefully he tapped gently on the rock, feeling out the area. The pocket seemed to be exceedingly small -- there was no reverberations half a height up or down from the hole. Ever so slowly, he eased the tool free, keeping his nose wary, moving a flame closer. Nothing. Utilizing little more than hand tools, he widened the mouth of the pocket until the whole of it was open to view -- then sat back in astonishment. They were buried beneath a mountain and surrounded by rock, and yet there lying on the stone at the bottom of what had been an air pocket with unworked walls was a book.

Magnuss looked around slowly, noticing only hazily that there was no one else even in the building right now. He would swear that he heard a faint whistling as he licked his lips. How had it gotten there? For something that had been lying underneath a work area, it was remarkably clean, free of grime, and undamaged. One moment, he was standing back, looking at the strangely etched and colored cover, the next moment he found himself pulling his hand up, having concealed the tome beneath his garments. Shaking his head to clear the muzziness, he went back to his work for the time being.

The day’s work done, Magnuss found himself walking along the street in a daze, stumbling every now and then. He only had a vague sense of making it home and sitting down with the book in his lap. There was a strange latch mechanism holding the cover closed with some sort of symbols on it -- three spheres and three lines. His fingers, though, seemed to know the measure of the latch, and it popped freely at his touch. They brushed over the cover, the leather colored with a strange scene, embossed letters beneath forming gentle curves and straight lines in a tongue he did not know. Then he lifted the cover, and the faint smell of pages wafted up. Eyes traced over the first page as digits did the same, and while a part of his mind saw what was there -- nonsense drawings and numbers -- another part took it all in, crowing in the revelations contained within.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 7 - 3 (Gain Domain: Knowledge) - 2 (Gain Portfolio: Ballads) - 0 (Charge from Libram)(Teach Populace: Song of Steam) = 2

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Underplayground, Dred Olg

Dred Olg moves upon the land, her bulky body scraping across the ground as her thin sharp legs pull her forward. Spotting a woman she points, and tendrils of darkness shoot out into the town wrapping around the woman and pulling her towards the Avatar.

"Bring me, Yusuri!"

The Visionary

The great city moves and groans, his great power growing again. Gaining the power over cities, bringing them into his dominion.

Spoiler
    Show
    10 - 3 Gain Domain (City) - 2 Portfolio (Urbanization) = 5
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2015-04-02 at 01:27 AM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Harcob

"Where are we going?" Shouts Harcob to a Aram, as he rubs his eyes to look at the ethanol soaked landscape. He forget about his bubbling divine essence in his enjoyment of this society, so he didn't expect the goggles to cover his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show

3 AP = 6 AP - 3 AP Create Utility Artefact (Mold Land): The Goggles

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Yanegrish, Apex Sovereignty, Apex

The island of Apex had, for the most part, been claimed and colonized in the name of the Sovereignty, only the wilds and remote places still hid the savage tribes and on the whole the Sovereignty was content to let it stay that way. Now as before was a time for the Sovereignty to settle into the conquests and expansions of their territory, towns and new smaller cities were to be constructed, there were fields to plow, lineages to establish and resources to be claimed. Militarily it was a quiet time as the soldiers settled into their conquered territories or headed home whatever wealth they could obtain from resources found and sold.

As the soldiers returned home so too did those Obsidian Chain mages who had headed out to support the lords for rank, title, and profit. Many of them had noted a need for magic that did not necessarily rely on the mages themselves to directly provide protection or assistance to every soldier, especially from those parties that had only brought one or two mages. Many of the mages also noted that the savages had carried a number of weapons conjured magically or which had been blessed or otherwise magically enhanced. These weapons had been much more successful at breaking through not only the well crafted armor of the Sovereignty's soldiers, but also some of the magical protections raised against them as well.

The idea of magical tools and weapons was not unknown among the Sovereignty, and some mages spent time crafting magical implements and tools, mostly for their own benefits however. More than the idea of weapons and armor imbued with magic, this first military campaign put into the head of many mages the necessity for more widespread use of magically enhanced and crafted tools, weapons, and armor. A number of these mages approached the Obsidian Chain's ruling council with their concerns and ideas about how to enhance the military might of the Sovereignty. The council, who had been both powerful and wise to get where they were took an interest in these suggestions, and after much discussion took a more concrete concept to Vanigoth the Uniter for an expansion, in a way, of their own order.

Vanigoth was leery of granting these mages with any more power or authority than he had already, but he saw the merits of their suggestion and the potency it would help to bring to the Apex Sovereignty both by providing the soldiers more potent arms and armament in battle, but also by helping to take the strain off of the Obsidian Chain's mages and sorcerers in battle so they could be of more strategic and tactical use than merely providing blanket protections to the whole of the Sovereignty's military forces. So, with some reluctance, Vanigoth approved the creation of a new sub-order within the Order of the Obsidian Chain which he dubbed the Order of Worlds' Blood in honor of Yanegrish' own divine weapon which had been forged in the volcanic Apex and the blood of the world itself.

Mages with the aptitude and the outlook necessary were initiated into this Order, and after setting up a forge built into the Apex volcano and the heat of its forged were fed by the massive volcanic mountains own magma, they began to produce magical weapons and armor for the Sovereignty. Newly inducted mages were tasked with mass producing low level magical weapons and armor for the soldiery, while more powerful mages worked on mostly custom ordered equipment for knights, lords, and military commanders. This gained them wealth and prestige and the Order of Worlds' Blood began to expand in numbers to almost rival its parent organization and magical weapons, armor, and equipment began to filter throughout the Sovereignty. The quality of their crafting began to improve over time, especially as gifted master smiths began to take apprentices under their wing and teach them the artistry of creating truly magnificent magical equipment.

Spoiler
    Show

5AP
    -2AP Create sub-Organization: Order of Worlds' Blood, Prestige Class: Arcane Smith
    3AP
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #762
    Orc in the Playground

Undead, mostly glowing skeletons - lands where Eucle's followers are found

The undead were granted dreams for the first time, seeing things - and being shown things of both bliss and terror. It was in this world that undead could feel - and this feeling, however brief, guarded them from sorrow. Whatever it was that held them together was softened in the dream - and this seemed to reinforce the glowing effect - many of their kind began to flock to centres where Eucle's followers were found.

Althia - short distance away from the challenge mountains

Althia felt her answer arrive among the dreaming which Eucle granted the dead. The clerics among them prayed to Clora, and indirectly to Althia, telling them of the dream. Althia would repay this. she flew with the two Masquerading Zombies to the moon which was known as neutral ground - studied it for a moment, and ran rapidly on a guess at how things worked - hopefully a gift that would be of great use. She created a new kind of undead - five of them in all - a dreaming gift, to repay a gift of dreams. Pain had been exchanged for pain against the accursed sorrow-bringers, and now useful dreams would be exchanged for useful dreams.

Show

Initial AP: [1]
    Utility Artifact Usage - Create Subrace (Skull of The Arisen - Dreaming Skeletons) - These skeletons spend eternity in sleep - they cannot awake, and they rest in blissful dreaming. For the purposes of neutral ground, consider these things like dream-batteries that have no expiration. Their bones seem to have an oily surface, much like the waters of the world. They can only be raised from great dreamers, figuratively and/or literally.
    Remaining AP: [1]
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-04-02 at 11:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

Kyre,Eucle, Yhrzallus Erebus, Death's Citadel

The Mad god pondered Kyre's words. "It's not as though Death has given us a bell to ring. A knock upon one's door is the way to announce our presence as guests. But perhaps it could be seen as rude, ultimately a door is being struck. Interesting to see the thought process." Yhrzallus cleared his throat. "But we have not come for philosophy or to bring offense, o Keeper of Souls."

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

6 AP = 1 AP + 5 from Rollover
    1 Moon Pantheon AP
    1 Sin Pantheon AP
    Last edited by MetaKnightFan; 2015-04-02 at 12:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

Murkdeep - Hars, Links

A Doppleganger by the name of Hars worked the docks in Murkdeep. He worked and worked but it never really amounted to anything. He wasnt part of a living ship's crew... He wasnt a pirate and he wasnt part of the Murkdeep rangers.... He was a nobody.

Jacob on the other hand had everything. Jacob was a member of the Spinning Toad living ship's crew.... Jacob had it all... gold... gems.... women.... This irked Hars to no end.

"Stinkin' human... He's go' it all... Why can' I?" Hars muttered under his breath as he watched Jacob with a swarm of women, putting gold between their bosoms as if he grew it out of his arse.

"Hars' gonna ge' 'im some... someday... Hars' gonna have what ye have... Jus' ye watch...."

For weeks, Hars watched Jacob with a great amount of envy in his heart... He wanted everything that Jacob had... He wanted it for himself... All Hars could think of was Jacob...

.................................................. .................................................. ....................................

It was a cold and silent night in Jacob's house. He has just sent the ladies home and he sat there, drinking his rum when he noticed a figure sitting on his bed with what appeared to be a hooked hammer in hand.

Upon closer inspection, Jacob stared in horror as he came to realize that the person sitting on his bed was someone who looked exactly like him... wearing his clothes.... Jacob froze and the Doppleganger's hooked hammer swung for his head with vicious ferocity.

Jacob fell to the ground, twitching in agony but his assailant didnt stop there... Instead, he mounted Jacob like a mule and continued to bang his head in with the hooked hammer, over, and over, and over, and over again until nothing remained to identify the man as Jacob.... Hars in Jacob's form leaned over and licked the blood from Jacob's skull.

"Mine...Mine....All mine....hehehehehehehehehe"

Show

Start AP: 3AP
    Rollover: +3AP
    Gain Portfolio (Obsession): -2AP
    Gain Domain (Envy):-3AP
    Remaining AP: 1AP
    Currently Playing

16. - Top - End - #766
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ahn, Gurgle-Gurgle - Murkdeep, Reean Isles

"Gak!" Gurgle-Gurgle exclaimed as the golden light surrounded him. He was unaccustomed to things like this, and the light probably hurt any Weirdwoods in the area, but it sure made the Bogwarts feel nice. Gurgle-Gurgle ordered scouts out of every sort to speak with the other tribes for a better place; the Reean Isles, and the city founded by the Murkgill tribe and Ahn; Murkdeep!

The Saltscale tribe and their rotund leader immediately agreed; they'd long obsessed over having more. But this meant that the Tidewalker tribe flat-out refused. They would have nothing to do with the allies of their sworn enemy. So the Tidewalker's nearly watched from the shore of the Dark Grove as the Saltscales joined the city. Deep inside the bog the scouts came across the three most secretive tribes; the Marshmist tribe refused to be met with and threatened war if the scouts didn't leave, but the Lostfin tribe seemed interested enough to come check it out. They had always been one of the most mystical of the tribes. The Blindlight tribe, pure white and very distrustful of strangers, thanked the scouts for asking but politely refused.

The Tornfin tribe seemed like they would entertain an alliance but it was merely a ruse before they attacked! Luckily, with the blessing of Ahn, the scouts were able to escape. They tentatively approached the Rockgill tribe who said little more than they'd think on it. So, within the city, three tribes of Bogwarts thrived; the friendly Murkgills, the mystical Lostfins, and the cunning Saltscales.

"Most excellent." Hagatha said to the events while licking her old and brittle lips. The old crone smiled over at the Keymaster, maybe he wasn't such a buzz-kill after all. But she still stayed protectively near the Raven Mother. This was the most fun she'd had since she tortured that man to death by the side of the road. "Hm.. I sense something.. continue your revelry my companions in sin, or leave, I will return shortly."

She nodded over to the Raven Mother and departed the group before walking through the ruins of Purity. Even when her Bogwarts tried to follow she stopped them and continued on her own. The old witch found her way through a newly opened tunnel and followed it down deep into the Playground before finding herself inside the Belly of the Beast.

"I feel a certain kinship. Is this what, is this living world what my roots touched so long ago? I had no idea the world was alive until I felt your death rattle." She said while shaking her head. "I wonder where gods go when they cease to be? Will anyone of us survive if you ceased, World? I wonder even what you were named." She sighed contemplatively and stroked the side of the canyon that was the very flesh of Zalsaram, now gone. "I wish I could have known you. I bet you were deliciously evil. I bet you wanted to end it all, didn't you? But now you'll never get that chance. You were as much my father as Pernieth was, for if not for your deep buried darkness.. I don't think I'd be myself as I am. Don't worry. I'll make those mortals and divines suffer as you would have wanted." She continued, giving a sort of eulogy to the world she never knew. The godddess of suffering then noticed something odd, was this what called her? Many creatures came up from the depths of this place but this one wans't fully formed when Zalsaram passed.

Hagatha touched the being and took it inside herself. She would be this new beings mommy and unleash it on the world. The old crone's stomach distended and she was now clearly pregnant with the being she took from that place. "Mother is gonna give you the world." She cooed as she stroked her stomach before looking around once more and then departing. The old witch moved slower now but she made it back to the other gods of sin, if they were still there.

Cho'zak, Nimneka the Demon Tree - Deep Darkgrove

"Spare me... your justifications.." Nimneka shot back as the pain became almost too much. All the Weirdwoods had become less active in the light of these orbs and the burning. It was what allowed Ahn to roam freely and set up a city here. "I do as I please! You will suffer forever now! Gehehehe! Deal with the pain and forever regret coming to this dark place!" The tree mocked before winching once more. Nimneka was the most powerful of the remaining Weirdwoods and even he could barely speak. Cho'zak, however, was free to continue raising the corpses and take them if he wished, his mission complete.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 1
    Rollover: 3
    AP: 4

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Harcob

Harcob had been thinking if this was what he was destined for. Is going around here having fun and in good company the best use. Could he do something -

-Crack-

What a strike of fortune. An Aram in a mech just behind him crashed and the mech lied on the floor. Harcob hopped out himself and after seeing that the Aram was fine, he set forth to fix it. No, to improve it. This Mech would have the ability to protect much better than these currently had.

He fiddled with this. He fiddle with that. He pulled that. He pulled this. His divine hands working furiously. He took a step got into the pit. He he pulled this. He pulled that. Nothing happened. He climbed out and took a step back. It worked the last time. He got luckier the first time.

Spoiler
    Show

6 AP = 3 AP + 3 AP (Rollover)

18. - Top - End - #768
    Orc in the Playground

Harcob, Broken Aram Mech

The god of good fortune may not have been able to fix the shattered Aram mech, but his desire to fix it, to give it higher purpose than the destruction of the Aram that brought forth destruction carried on. It conducted itself, this divine will, through the wiring and shattered plates of armor. It was weak while Harcob fiddled with it. But just as he gave up on fixing the machine, there was a spark. Gears whirred slowly, making a labored grind. One of the machine's hands started to raise on its own. It twitched and crackled with electricity, but it eventually was pointing skyward.

It was a plea, a sign to the stars above. That wish had plucked at the basest strings of the materials in the machine and given it the power to interpret it. There had to be good. Metal was being twisted and used to destroy and unmake. The pilots of these war machines wanted only to use fire and chaos as means of celebration. It was against the purpose of this machine, now that it bore a spark of Harcob's will.

A light came down from above as the spark grew within the formerly Aram driven mechanism. It filled the cockpit with the very essence of creation, which lit bright like a miniature sun within the machine. Strangely enough, it remained still, as the machine now seemed powered, although still broken and helplessly inoperable due to having no spot for its pilot.

Show

Yhrzallus' AP
    3 AP = 6 - 3 (Beget God: Zermanion)
    1 Sin PAP
    1 Moon PAP

Artifacts
    1 Spire of Change Charge

----

Zermanion
    6 AP
    Last edited by MetaKnightFan; 2015-04-02 at 06:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Harcob, Aram, Broken Aram Mech

Well this was unexpected, thought Harcob as he looked at the glow of the mech. He was unsure what to do in reaction to it. He thought for a while, and then he decided. Lightly, he pushed the broken machine.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Murkdeep - Ahn, Furgle the Clever

Ahn smiled as he watched the Bogwarts file into the city from a rooftop. He watched them come through, The Murkfins were already in Murkdeep, their scales glittering under the sunlight. The Lostfins with their staves and their magic, helping the other Bogwarts and the Dopplegangers to move heavy materials and strengthen structures and last but the most favored of the Bogwarts was the Saltscales with their pale and pasty scales and warpaint that made them stand out above all the others.

Ahn gestured for the rotund leader of the Saltscales to join him up on the roof and much to Ahn's surprise the fat old Bogwart deftly climbed up onto the roof with ease. Upon closer inspection, Ahn noticed that the Bogwart was an old one, scales missing from his body, wrinkles setting in under his bulging eyes. He was dressed in a matter which clearly marked him as the tribe's leader complete with bone charms and a cloak made of gator skin. Ahn smiled at the sight.

"Well, you're a agile one." Ahn said with a kind grin. "Do you know who I am, Furgle the Cunning?" Furgle bowed down deep before the small portly god. "I do, Master." Furgle said "You are Ahn... You are the god who has blessed us with your presence and a brighter future. I am forever thankful"

Ahn nodded, accepting the praise. "So, from what I gather. A god needs a following... people to worship him for him to gain power and rise. Do you know anything about this?"

"No, my Master but I, Furgle will see to it right away! We will set up shrines to worship you in all your glory!" Furgle immediately threw himself at Ahn's feet, wildly kissing them as if they were precious jewels. "Excellent!" Ahn grinned as Furgle kissed his feet. "Being a god is certainly a wonderful thing!"
    .................................................. .................................................. .........

High in the sky - Ahn, Firestar

Ahn stayed for awhile in Murkdeep, watching the Bogwarts and the Dopplegangers build their cities and their shrines to him and some other god the Bogwarts simply refered to as the Lady of Suffering. He even stayed there long enough to witness the arrival of the living ships which he surely loved. At this point though, Ahn's heart filled with boredom and he lept upon Firestar's back before setting out across the sky in some random direction.

God and Avatar spent some time swooping in and out of the clouds, laughing and giggling over their adventures as they darted through the sky and they did this for many hours, even days before they came across what appeared to be massive ruins down below. some areas still appeared to be smoldering from magical fire. Ahn gave Firestar an order to gently land outside of the ruins.

As they approached the ruins, Ahn conjured up a small ball of light in his free hand so that he could see in the darkness around him. "Wow... Looks like something serious happened here." Ahn said as Firestar gentle strode over the rotting corpse that appeared to have been torn to shreds by some beast's sharp claws. "Ewww..." Ahn said... "Stinks" Firestar completed the train of thought for him.

"Let's see what we can find... some clue as to what happened here." Ahn and Firestar continued their search of the ruins.
    Currently Playing

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Neutral Ground

As Clora brings the Dreaming Skeletons into being many within Neutral God rejoice. The undeath goddess gains many faithful among the living as they start raising the long dead dreamers that had by long departed the dream. This gives them some solace reuniting with their elders and eldest within the dream. Those reanimated as such are members of the Gardeners and the Syndicate who have been dead for long, thus there are at the moment no Moongrel.

Oxid, Clora The Void

The eldest wealth dragon, having been paying attention to Clora's emerging undeath and their goddess, heeds her calling. The old creature leaves Neutral Ground for the Void and approaches the draconic skeleton and lowers his head.

"Mistress. If you search the death god he resides in the realm of shadows. My master is currently engaged with him."

Ôl, Neutral Ground

Ôl's experiments when it came to combining wood and ectoplasm, the matter of dreams that the mad god gave mastery over to aegies and soulknives. His experiments are finally rewarded when he succeeds in creating a matter that combines them both drawing from Neutral Ground to create wraithwood.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1 + AP 5 (from rollover) + PAP 1 (from rollover)

AP 6 - AP 3 (one raise divine rank actions): Raise divine rank to 10 (create concept (1), teach populace (1), teach populace (1), gain portfolio (2), gain domain (3).) (I'm leaving the unreferenced AP use for when I do raise a divine rank so it is easier to find)

AP 0 Nourishment (Using Vault of Plenty): Wraithwood this psionically sensitive constructing material is living wood that has the properties of ectoplasm. It can be shapped using the mind but when left to it's own it recovers (heals) reconstructing and reknitting itself. Moongrels, and other followers from the Moon Pantheon, can conjure it and shape it with their minds.

3 AP left, 1 PAP left
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-04-06 at 10:09 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

22. - Top - End - #772
    Orc in the Playground

Clora & Oxid - The Void

Clora turned to Oxid and spoke. "I do not recognize you - and yet, something in you... it is... much like the ones who aided my children on the world. I do not know many of the other deities, but I will follow you to your master and to Kyre. You are thanked."

Clora paused for a moment, looking down at her light-formed lance, and imbued it with divine power. She was heading into land she had been warned of, the land of what Neiag described as her immortal enemy. She would need to be prepared. The lance would likely not be enough. She imbued her armor with power - the bone like hardness of her own bones, but now in this exoskeleton.

Althia - Neutral Ground

The rejoicing of the peoples of Neutral Ground pleased Althia - much like her first creations, she could feel to an extent, and watching the reactions to her actions was a good feeling. This would not be the last time she aided the mortal races. She looked at the skull in her hand, and wondered what to make next. This would come in time. Perhaps she would see among the peoples of this floating city the answer to the question of what to make next.

"People of this land, I am Althia, servant of Clora, the Mother of Undeath. The dreaming skeletons, as you have so quickly realized, are a gift, and a repaying of the gift which was given unto my kin - the dreams which dulled the curse of sorrow place upon them. Let this be understood, we always repay our debts

Cho'zak, Nimneka the Demon Tree - Deep Dark Purity

Cho'zak raised the corpses around him from death - their wailing almost unbearable - until the tendrils, the boney orb-tipped tendrils shone light within the dark swamp, and eased their pains. Cho'zak turned to Nimneka "It seems you were not as devastating as you led yourself to believe. However, you will burn eternally. You and your kinda are a lesson. We always repay our debts." Cho'zak began to take his leave, ushering the new zombies to stay within the light of the tendrils.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initial AP: [1]
    AP Gain:
    Rollover: [+5]
    AP Expenditure:
    Create Combat Artifact (Lance of Holy Light)[-3] - Clora has imbued her lance with divine energy, turning it into an artifact. When not in use, it may appear as a simple hilt made of bone, but in use it becomes the full light-based lance.
    Create Combat Artifact (Armor of Immortal Bone)[-3] - Clora has also imbued her bone-armor with divine energy, preparing herself for whatever combat may come. She made sure it would be capable of reshaping itself to whatever for she would take on.
    Artifact usages:
    Nourishment Utility Artifact Usage (Tendrils of Restorative Light) - As always, the tendrils glow, healing beings across the Playground - though harming the Weirdwood and their Spriggans.
    Remaining: [0]
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-04-03 at 07:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Apex Sovereignty, Apex

The majority of Apex was settled and stable, the lands were prosperous, and the people were becoming more numerous. The problems that had led to the push to conquer the whole of Apex were growing worse and worse, and the people were becoming restless. Those who did not enjoy the same level of prosperity as those near the top of society were beginning to boil over, seeking an outlet for their anger, their resentment, and their ambition. The peoples of the Sovereignty were a growing people, with not enough places to expand to. The cities and towns grew larger, new fields were plowed, and new mines and quarries started, but there was only so much for people to do. There simply wasn't enough. Martial societies, individually much smaller than the magical societies of the Obsidian Chain and its child organized of Worlds' Blood, had begun to appear and become more and more popular. Knightly Orders, mercenary guilds, Orders for Scouts and Rangers, and growing private military forces and militias full of young men and women who looked eagerly for the opportunity to test their skills, make a name for themselves, and prove themselves to be heroes worthy of renown.

All of these were excellent reasons to expand once again, and Vanigoth the Uniter saw them all. None of these were the reason he chose to go to war. He chose the reason which would light a fire under all of his subjects, from the most eager and ambitious to the most settled and proven. As yet, there was no truly priestly class among the Sovereignty, no church or monastic orders. But Yanegrish could be seen from over much of the Island, and none doubted his presence. None doubted his power or his gifts. They did not look to him to solve their problems, to grant them all food and shelter and safety. Yanegrish brought the Giants into the world. He made Apex habitable, capable of supporting a numerous people. He brought more animals and plants to the island, to be tamed and domesticated and farmed. The rest he left to his followers, to accomplish on their own. Yanegrish showed his people respect, and they gave him worship.

And so when Vanigoth made the announcement that they would be going to war, he did not list any of the societal or cultural ills that had begun to appear, he did not point to the need for more lands, the rising populations of citizens and slaves, the rising ambitions of the people. He simply pointed to their god, Yanegrish. Their god of War. Their god desired that they go forth and conquer, and so in his name Vanigoth called for a Crusade. And all the people answered. They answered with armies, and with ships.

Apex Sovereignty, Demiourgia Invasion

Fleets of warships and troop transports, mostly galleys, were built in ports all around the coasts of Apex but mostly on the western coast. Great galleys built primarily of a size befitting Giants loaded and began to carry armies of soldiers across the sea to the west, to Demiourgia. Vanigoths own flagship led the way and he and his own Knightly Order, the Burning Crown Knights. They rode either Nightmares or beasts magically infused with the power of elemental fire. Vanigoth himself rode a Dire Elk that burned as brightly as any Nightmare, its antlers were like a brazier, and each individual point like a red hot poker, its own fiery crown.

All manner of nobles with their own military forces, mercenary guilds, and Ranger and Knightly orders began to land soon afterward. A bustling camp was being established on the coast of Demiourgia, and others were joining it elsewhere along the coast. A veritable forest of banners and flags were raised atop tents and in those areas claimed by different groups. Above them all stood the burning volcanic crown which was Vanigoths symbol, the black chain wrapped horizontally around a red globe which was the Order of the Obsidian Chain's symbol, the black anvil inside an active volcano which was the Order of Worlds' Blood's symbol and above them all was the black chain forming a circle around a greatsword with a blood red blade. The Symbol of Yanegrish.

Mounted Scouts and Rangers were sent out to each of the camps to establish non-magical lines of communication between them, and out in the rolling hills and plains of this seemingly endless green countryside to bring back information crucial in the creation of maps and a plan of conquest. They would establish the location of native tribes and kingdoms, where important army resources might be like sources of fresh water and animals to hunt for provisions, and any other information an army on the march would need. This was the beginning of the invasion pf Demiourgia, meanwhile ships began to flow back and forth carrying yet more supplies, troops, and camp followers.

And through it all Yanegrish watched eagerly. Soon, finally, a proper army would begin to march to war.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

24. - Top - End - #774
    Orc in the Playground

Harcob, Broken Aram Mech

As Harcob pushed the mech, it seemed to trigger the now blazing core, which lit up the mechanical construct, and defying its broken state, it stood up, wires hanging and sensitive materials exposed.

"...Good...must be...protected."
    The machinery uttered in a crackled voice. It then pointed its arm to the former Aram pilot. "They are unworthy...of metal." The mech then grabbed one of its arms, still limped and broken and shoved it upwards into its shoulder, jamming it back into place. It then looked to Harcob. "Must seek metal...to better protect good."

Sin Pantheon, Ruins of Purity

Alas, the Keymaster had departed with the Grey Elves. It would seem that he had sensed other matters he had to attend to.

In the meantime, the Raven Mother remained, waiting for Hagatha with the rest of the harpies. "Mother, I simply wished to bid you farewell properly. Me and my kin have to spread around the world now, or we'll never truly bring suffering as you intended." She smiled and bowed, and the rest of her kin followed suit.

Keymaster, Tsuigekisu, Grey Elves, Rakshasa - Shore of Demiourgia

"So...must I call you sister from now on?" The Keymaster pondered, as he felt the essence of the Rakshasa overwhelmed by Yhrzallus' own.

"We are not kin...but there isss no reassson to not work together...for now." Tsuigekisu replied, looking upon the Grey Elves. She herself was followed by a madness demon or two that, despite the dislike towards their own kin, recognized Tsuigekisu's position of power as their matriarch.

"Thisss...broken continent is no place for the chosssen of the madfather. We mussst remain neutral..."

"I'm under the impression that you yearn for more than the moon..." The elf retorted.

The demoness grinned. "Of courssse. There isss a much better place down below usss. The ssso called...Underplayground...we mussst get there..."

"And how do you recommend we do that? The two of us may be able to go, but our followers aren't as capable."

"Oh, it'sss very sssimple." Tsuigekisu began casting her magic, and tapped into the power of the moon, which reflected the light of the sun and released a shimmering glimmer upon the seas of dreams. The glimmer was strong and focused, making a long road all the way through the horizon. She then motioned for the mortals to walk. "Thisss road, however temporary, will lead usss there...."

And onwards did the people of the madgod march towards the other side of the world...

Show

Yhrzallus AP
    3 AP
    1 Sin Pantheon AP
    1 Moon Pantheon AP

Artifacts
    0 Spire of Change Charge = Nourishment (Tsuigekisu was able to mass cast Moon Path to acquire a path to the Underplayground for now.)

Zermanion
    6 AP

25. - Top - End - #775
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ignus scritches at the back of her neck. The ship appears to have wandered into a stillness.

Show
    Rollover +3 = 6
    -2 Spawn Alt
    -2 DR +1
    -2 DR +1
    Remaining AP = 0
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

Ignus and The Ship

"I was never a tree. I was a ship, and then I was gifted with life, as are all those who are bonded to the Orphaned. To be what I am is to be free, to see the world, to feel the ocean beneath and the sky above. We have it easier, for as we live we are children of the Lord of the Forest, and He will always care for us. But his benefaction rarely extends to our husbands and wives and crew. So tell me, Ignus. How are you any different? Why should we believe you any more than the others? Words are meaningless. And the absence of destruction does not indicate goodness. I wish for my wife and her brethren to have many safe harbors, but all such before have proven false. The figurehead gestures, and the ship races towards its meeting place.

Vek'nul & IronBark & Luh'mos

Ironbark looks at the newcomer. "I felt the pain of your people. Is there aught we can do to assist you? We have seen your kindness for ourselves. The Forests are your allies, so long as you remain thus."

Pernieth, Kethneciel - The Void

"Children." Pernieth says. An earthen simulacrum of a platinum dragon appears in his hand. It flaps its wings, and then lands among the forest. In time, it becomes one with the forest, and the same energy pulses through both. "Caretaker." he finishes.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-04-03 at 08:53 PM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Pernieth, Kethneciel - The Void

"Children." Pernieth says. An earthen simulacrum of a platinum dragon appears in his hand. It flaps its wings, and then lands among the forest. In time, it becomes one with the forest, and the same energy pulses through both. "Caretaker." he finishes.
    Kethneciel considers for a long moment, before speaking once more. "I would not deny that thy quest is within thy right," he answered quietly, "and yet, Bahamut must speak to none save Tiamat until his just imprisonment is at an end. I cannot allow thee entrance to his presence.

"If it pleases the Cosmic Mother,"
    Kethneciel says, raising his voice slightly to inform the mother of dragons that he is asking for an answer from her, "She may answer thy plea on behalf of her offspring. If she would rather not... Thy quest is just, and I shall offer my own creations, as a temporary measure until the Father of Dragons is once again free." Kethneciel gestures in the void, and three creatures stand beside him. Two are golems of very great height and bulk, great metal hulks radiating great power. The third is smaller than the other two, an abstract shape of clockwork and shining metal, and manifested with the spark of intelligence, though it still lacked life.

"My purview does not extend to living beings, as thine does," Kethneciel states as he looks over his creations. "I offer you these as extra protectors; modify them as..." The Implacable Judge falters for a moment, his face turned towards the Playground, before resuming speech. "...If thou chooses to accept them, modify them as thou wilt."

Yanegrish, Marut V--Apex Sovereignty

In the moment when Kethneciel faltered in his speech, he had seen it. War, but war unlike the chaos he had seen before. War with rules, with order. This incredible development caused the Implacable Judge to send out one of his Marut to speak to the god he had glimpsed, the god he thought responsible for this great change in warfare.

Marut V landed before the seat of Yanegrish, rising to stand as tall as many of the tallest giants. "Greetings, great god who brought law into warfare. My master, Kethneciel, god of Judgment, seeks an alliance with thee, for he believed that war could not be made lawful as thou hast made it."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    0 AP+5 AP from Rollover=5 AP

-2 AP: Create Pantheon (The Order of Lawful Gods). 1st Rule: Pantheon AP must be used in a Lawful manner (to create a lawful organization/lawful creatures, Nourishment towards Lawful causes, etc.) and/or to hinder Chaos (Pestilence against Chaotic causes, etc.).

-0 AP: Mark the Chosen (Marut V): same as the four MArut before him--a full-HD advanced MArut of Huge size.

Pending on Pernieth's approval; -2 AP: Create Race (Mithral and Adamantine Golems, Varakhut): Mithral and Adamantine Golems can be found in the 3.5 Epic Level Handbook, Varakhut in the 3.5 Fiend Folio. The Golems look roughly humanoid and large; the Varakhut is more abstract, a thing of polygons and whirling clockwork.

1-3 AP Remaining.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778

Ignus and The Ship

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    "I was never a tree. I was a ship, and then I was gifted with life, as are all those who are bonded to the Orphaned. To be what I am is to be free, to see the world, to feel the ocean beneath and the sky above. We have it easier, for as we live we are children of the Lord of the Forest, and He will always care for us. But his benefaction rarely extends to our husbands and wives and crew. So tell me, Ignus. How are you any different? Why should we believe you any more than the others? Words are meaningless. And the absence of destruction does not indicate goodness. I wish for my wife and her brethren to have many safe harbors, but all such before have proven false. The figurehead gestures, and the ship races towards its meeting place.
    Ignus shrugs, "That is a complex question, in all actuality." She frowns, puzzling and turning her thoughts over in her head. "As you say, words are meaningless. But then, why ask such questions?" She looks the figurehead in the face, even if from the side. "If words are meaningless, then why ask me why you should believe me? I have had a harbor constructed which should be safe, so long as you do not attack it. Other than that, I can have one built for you, if you wish. Or build one myself. Or teach your people to construct floating islands. Or teach them anything. An answer, more often than not, is not in what is done, but how it is accomplished."

Ignus points towards the Harbor along the northwestern coast of the Burning Lands. "On an island surrounded by mountains which spew fire, where it is always spring, where day and night continue as normal regardless of the rest of the world. Where there are holes from which fires dance, and give birth to people. Where a deep chasm reaches into the world. From which Elementals come. On the Northwestern face of that island which is ovular in shape. Is a port town. It is constructed of Glassteel and Onyx. It is run by those people of the kind which you saw onboard the ships that passed, and by a Race of Heroes. It is there that you will find safe harbor should none other present itself to you."

"But, since words are meaningless... She reaches to her belt and pulls out a volcanic glass dagger, then proceeds to cut off her own left pinky. She holds the stump, which perpetually drips liquid fire to her mouth and blows on it, searing the wound shut, then holds up the detatched appendage. "This is not words." She has a slight grimace on her face. "If you require help, throw it in the water, and I will come. Or is that just more words?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Ruins of Purity - Ahn, Firestar

As Ahn and Firestar pressed forward, they came upon a hole in the ground that led to deeper parts of the ruins. It was much too small for Firestar to pass through but plenty large enough for the small figure that was Ahn.

"Firestar! Look at this!" Ahn said as he shined his light into the hole, illuminating what appeared to be ruins in the buried under the earth. "Seems like there's a whole city down there! Even larger than the few spires out here!"

Firestar neighed with uneasiness and simply stated. "Doesnt smell right, Master."

"Bah! You're such a spoil sport!" Ahn said before inhaling deeply.."Smells like adventure to me! You tke off and go fly around a bit! I'm going in!" with that being said, Ahn dived into the hole with his light hovering above his left hand. Firestar simply letting out a sigh and glanced up at the stars above. "Mother, grant me patience."

.................................................. .........................................

Ahn moved deeper and deeper into the city's ruins, every once in awhile coming across the odd pair of glowing red eyes in the darkness but they never stayed around long enough for the God of Luck to make contact. They all simply vanished after Ahn noticed them.

The godling moved about, climbing over shattered stone and crawling under fallen beams. He took in all the sights until he came upon the ruins of what appeared to have been a town square. He shined his light about and stared in awe at the sight of a massive cathedral, still intact and still quite marvelous even after sinking into the ground.

Ahn let out a low whistle..."Well... That's just a marvel!"

For a good long time, Ahn simply stood there and marveled at the sight of the building. Thinking of ways that he too could have something like that.
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-04-04 at 12:39 AM.
    Currently Playing

30. - Top - End - #780

Hemeliosa
    Under-Creation

A bolt of light streaks across the heavens. Shooting stars in it's wake splash amongst the lands and oceans. A light so bright that for a moment, all beneath it are bathed in light as bright as day.

To the north it moves, a piercing howl as it falls through the sky to the waters of the north, until finally striking with a deafening explosive force which sends ripples across the world. Great mountainous peaks can be seen there where none existed before, and rather than a crater instead is left behind a huge crescent shaped continent of Fjords, mountains and rolling foothills, all covered in grass trees winding rivers, and a permanent frost.

A brazen hand reaches up from beneath the surface towards the heavens, immaculate. It grips a nearby tree and hoists out of the ground an imposing figure holding a strangely shaped sword. A woman, with only one wing, and a scar where the other should perhaps have been. Silver is her hair, golden are her eyes, bronze is her skin. Her wing has white feathers on the exterior, and black apon the interior.

(apon: middle English upon, different prefix. Largely considered incorrect since standardization of the English language. See also: thee, thou, hath, hast, ye, olde, derly, etc. [words phased out of English])

A glance about revealed little of where she now found herself. Other than that it was not whence she came. A stoic, if slightly solemn expression is born upon her face, as though frozen there. She turns to look at her new home, and gently rises into the air, a single bi-colored wing extended as she ascends into the air to a height from which she may see over the mountains, she settles back to the ground, and settles for a bit to think.

Show
    Starting AP: 6
    -2: Create Land The Frozen North, A crescent shaped mass of land, covered in plants, frost and snow.

There she waits, until some curious folk arrive at her place, to find her sitting on a throne. A leg draped over one arm, her chin resting on a fist.

Tiny frail things they are. Humans they call themselves. Slaves they say?

Freedom she offers, for glory and honor. It is not hers to give? Glory is hers to give to whomever she should so choose. She shall make of them better than they were. She saw things as she moves over the expanse upon the other side of this strange place. She shall reshape them, and make them better than before.

Many flock to this place, many die, but the strong live. The strong are all that matter. There is no glory in weakness or frailty.

A set of laws are transcribed upon the mountains facing inwards, warnings upon those facing out. Difficult though it may be farms are made and cultivated from the unforgiving soil. Animals are raised and slaughtered for food. Bread is made. Next comes smithing. Strong men, wielding hammers of steel, striking iron. Shaping it. The iron in these hills is good, but comes out oddly black. It is harder than stone as well.

It is Adamantine.

Raids from one village to another, internal skirmishes and struggles. The people are further forged and hardened. Their spirits quenched in blood and victory.

Larger though now too are they, and their children. Peace at night, work by day. Whatever work that may be.

Houses of stone and wood and blacksteel dot the lands, villages and towns with fences and walls to keep animals in, and predators out. If those predators are men or animals or monsters, does not matter.

The laws are few, but harsh. A liar shall have his tongue cut out. A spy shall have his eye removed. A thief shall have his hand cut off. A coward shall lose his feet. One and all they shall be marked upon the cheek, with a mark to match their crimes, so all may know. A murderer shall be disemboweled... slowly.

Harsh, but fair. Honor and Integrity are integral in this new culture, and it quickly thrives.

A hard land grows a hard people. Hard, but gentle perhaps. Guests are always welcome, a new face is a new friend.

But those that held their ancestors captive are remembered. Even if their vision is askew, their memories flawed.

Show
    AP = 4 - 4 = 0 AP remaining.
    -1 Create Subrace: Template: Half-Giant
    Spoiler
    Show
    All Characteristics of the character are as the base race except as follows:
    +4 Strength, +2 Constitution
    Bigger: A Half-Giant counts as one size category larger whenever it would be beneficial.
    Hardy: Half-Giants move normally regardless of encumbrance, and take no penalties for carrying a medium or heavy load. They are treated as a normal member of their race would if carrying a heavy load when carrying a maximum load. (Max load = normal heavy load penalties.) +4 to all constitution checks for tests of endurance such as fatigue or simple sleepiness.
    Cold Acclimated: Half-Giants take no penalties from the cold or exposure to the cold.
    Cold Resistance: 5
    Altitude Acclimated: Due to the extremely mountainous nature of their homeland, Half-Giants treat high altitudes as normal terrain.
    Level Adjustment +1

-2 Create Organization: Oathbound Society. A civilization founded and based and rooted in the concepts of law and honor.
    Attached PrC: Templar
    -1 Create Concept: Heavy Metal, Magical Musical Instruments

Also: Ignus.
    Show
    0 AP
    0 AP: Ignus Hammer: Educate Populace. The Northmen: Runes. (Have to stay legit.)
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-04-04 at 03:32 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、