New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    no... we will not banish anyone from abr. I am sick of this. the only people that are complaining are the ones that DONT EVEN MAKE COMICS!
    *complain complain complain*

Okay, I know I'm not really "in" with the ABR crowd, so I don't know how much weight my opinion carries, but I feel compelled to weigh in nonetheless...

...keeping someone out of something like ABR is just wrong and entirely against the spirit of the original ABR. It's not some kind of exclusive clique, it's a kind of game. For fun. If CrimsonAngel really does something wrong, you can bring it up with the mods. But immaturity and lack of spelling/gramming skills, while annoying, are not really crimes. I say, give him the benefit of the doubt and just let him try to prove himself to you.

Mah 2 cents, welcome or not.

P.S. Would it be alright if I drew some of your characters in my new style to test out how easy/quick it is to do?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Can it be fun when one of the guys will yell at whoever criticizes his comics?
    He yells? I know Master Ranger did that, but when did Crimson Angel?

Anyway, I don't think ANYBODY should be thrown out of ABR. It isn't that kind of club. I don't think it makes any sense to say "you've been annoying out-of-character, so you can no longer post comics and have fun with us."

And second of all, we're thinking of banishing CA for being annoying, but not me?! Aren't I annoying enough to be banished?! I try my best!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Perhaps my idea of "probation" might apply here?
    NO... NO PROBATION AND NO BANNING.

no one here has the right.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    @Banning CA: No, just... no. CA might be immature. He might spam our discussion threads. However, no one has the right to ban anyone from ABR, or any other thread for that matter. Nightwing was annoying, but we didn't ban him. Master Ranger was annoying, but we didn't ban him.

Not long. Once I found Mad Mask's post claiming that Valerie Lewis was his mother, it was quite easy to get to the site. Once there, I simply searched for any mentions of a son.
    I don't know about Nightwing, but MR didn't spam. MR accepted criticism. MR, while using extremely bad grammar, actually acted slightly more mature. But we'll abide by your vote.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    And second of all, we're thinking of banishing CA for being annoying, but not me?! Aren't I annoying enough to be banished?! I try my best!
    This.

Q is annoying as well, but no one ever thinks of banning him.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    The Beans incident. I dunno whether to feel good about that name or not.

And with regard to age, insert surprise here.
    I feel ancient---I'm fifteen. Now you young'uns go get me my cane and reading glasses.
    But in all seriousness,
    1. Many of you are very mature for 12-and-suches. Many, not all.
    2. I'm a relentless, goosestepping, mercy-is-the-tool-of-the-weak Grammar Nazi, so I guess it's to be expected that I rag on CA. I'm sort of sorry. Mostly not.
    3. I did try to... maybe not make peace with CA, but to be a little lighthearted with him back around New Years'. I made a little New Years' comic, in which he had a small role. I'd really rather not have him snapping at my throat like an angry lizard.
    4. I just want to give everyone a big, tentacular (made-up adjectives are fun) undead hug.

Also, working away on my intro. It's interesting to note that Thryza isn't very pleasant.
    Um. Your comic said I was a big head or something. Yeah thanks.
    ____

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    NO... NO PROBATION AND NO BANNING.

no one here has the right.
    I can see why banning is out, but why not probation? It would tell people what they are doing wrong (if they were doing something wrong enough. CA doesn't seem Prob-worthy right now, actually) and how to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Um. Your comic said I was a big head or something. Yeah thanks.
    What?
    Er... Kilconey was yelling at you and calling you thick (and then getting told by Phossy to be nicer to you and other people in general).
    Last edited by Beans; 2009-01-07 at 09:51 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

CA deserves to be here. We all do.

The day the ABR community votes to remove a member is the day I will no longer feel comfortable among them. The day CA is "banned", so too will I take my leave.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Due to homework and intriguing arguments on this thread, I might not be able to finish a comic tonight. I also would not mind Sneak drawing some of my little known characters.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

10. - Top - End - #130
    Banned

*Sighs*
    Alright, looks like CA is staying. Dammit. But if I may ask, Doomer, why do you like CA so much? Is it because you BOTH HAVE BAD GRAMMAR WITHOUT ANY GOOD REASON?
    Anyways, I'd like to say, 'if CA doesn't leave then I do', but that would make me just as bad as CA. It would make me immature, annoying and whiny (yes, that was a double-edged comment). So, I stay. Because, if the resister leaves who will fight?
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-07 at 09:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not long. Once I found Mad Mask's post claiming that Valerie Lewis was his mother, it was quite easy to get to the site. Once there, I simply searched for any mentions of a son.
    That's just it. Those posts were about 10 threads ago. Which is about 4 months ago, but still. That's a longish time ago in thread life.

Edit; Grem, why are you so set on tossing CR out?
    Last edited by memnarch; 2009-01-07 at 09:56 PM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

*Sighs*
    Alright, looks like CA is staying. Dammit. But if I may ask, Doomer, why do you like CA so much? Is it because you BOTH HAVE BAD GRAMMAR WITHOUT ANY GOOD REASON?
    Perhaps a better question would be "why don't you hate him?" because it makes slightly more sense and it's easier for people to answer: "Because he's done nothing wrong".
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-01-07 at 09:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

I like Crimson Angel too, Gremlin. Want to throw some insults towards me as well?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm guessing Mega feels sympathy for CA because they both are not acknowledged sometimes, both made their characters disappear from ABR (If maybe temporarily), and feel everyone dislikes them because they are new.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

*Sighs*
    You know, if I just tell everyone to chill for a moment before we're at each other's throats, the chance of people listening to me drops.

Look, some of us type well. Some of us decidedly do not. While that does rationalize Grammar Nazis getting ticked off at them a bit, it does not rationalize banning or theoretical probation.
    We all just need to calm down and reason this out like civilized meatsacks.
    EDIT: Alright, my consciousness is wavering. I'm off to bed. Can we please just stop sniping at each other?
    Yes, CA and Doomer don't type so well. Yes, Grem is being kinda belligerent. But can we just put that aside for a moment?
    Last edited by Beans; 2009-01-07 at 09:59 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    That's just it. Those posts were about 10 threads ago. Which is about 4 months ago, but still. That's a longish time ago in thread life.
    Yeah, I guess.

17. - Top - End - #137

Beans, I think you mean Meatbags yes?

@/\ not to mention, no other posts around it really talked about it. So... How'd you find it?
    Last edited by memnarch; 2009-01-07 at 10:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Banned

frown Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

I like Crimson Angel too, Gremlin. Want to throw some insults towards me as well?
    No. What I said to Doomer was not insults, they were facts. Doomer does have lousy grammar for no reason.
    As for your liking CA, I don't know why. There's always some strange things like that. Why would anybody like someone who is obnoxious and whiny? Or are you just saying that because you don't like me? At this point, it would fail to surprise me.
    You know what? That's it. I am sick of this.
    I enjoyed ABR, but could not do anything meaningful. Nobody paid any attention to me, and that's as much my fault as theirs. All the same, I'll miss ABR. I had plans for my character, but nobody would have acknowledged them anyways.
    Goodbye, ABR, truly this time. You shall be missed.
    My post in the goodbye thread shall be up soon.
    What bothers me is, nobody will care.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-07 at 10:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Guys, here's my list of people I plain didn't like when they joined ABR. Be it from Messing with the Canon, to having horrible quality.

Gremlin
    Keveak
    Q
    CA
    MR
    Jason Doomblade
    Squark
    Szilard
    Mad Mask.

Here's the list of people who have gotten better.

Gremlin
    Keveak
    Q
    Jason Doomblade
    Szilard
    Mad Mask

Give people time. CA has been on the forum for 1 month at max. My first post in the forum was this.

If Lord Tyrinar was Nale's father that would even make him more awesome and then I could use his awesome magic (see my sig)

SIG: Awesomemancer of the fanclub.
    Guh... CA will get better. Now I have to go burn all evidence of that post...

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Mega, if it makes you feel any better, Ive had this for a while.
    ____

21. - Top - End - #141

No. What I said to Doomer was not insults, they were facts. Doomer does have lousy grammar for no reason.
    As for your liking CA, I don't know why. There's always some strange things like that. Why would anybody like someone who is obnoxious and whiny? Or are you just saying that because you don't like me? At this point, it would fail to surprise me.
    You know what? That's it. I am sick of this.
    I enjoyed ABR, but could not do anything meaningful. Nobody paid any attention to me, and that's as much my fault as theirs. All the same, I'll miss ABR. I had plans for my character, but nobody would have acknowledged them anyways.
    Goodbye, ABR, truly this time. You shall be missed.
    My post in the goodbye thread shall be up soon.
    What bothers me is, nobody will care.
    DUN DUN DUNNN!

Seriously, everyone is getting worked up about a story where a fish is angry at an elf, a 600 year old wizard is fighting alongside the grim reaper. An ex-convict with an airship teams up with a being of ultimate power from outer space. And Blood Oaths of Vengeance are sworn over Ice Cream.

ABR IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Well...this didn't end well.

I would try to convince Gremlin not to leave over some petty dispute, even though I don't really know him at all, but it's clear that he's already made up his mind. And he already posted in the goodbye thread.

So...erm.

Well.

This is awkward. ()

23. - Top - End - #143
    Banned

frown Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Holy carp. I really never thought I'd even post here. But now I am.
    ABR is no longer enjoyable, and never really was. Nobody cared about what I contributed, except a few other newbies. And so I say, 'thank you, JasonDoomsblade and Ninja Chocobo and Icedragons (heh, sorry I couldn't save you on the Hurt/Heal)'.
    Anyways, goodbye all. Folk in the Town, thanks for being so fun to roleplay with. Mee, thanks for being such a great mentor.
    Coplanter, thanks for giving me such great stuff to read. Please keep writing your homebrew.
    Elrond, I am sad that I shall never get to see myself in your webcomic. But thanks for giving me the hope.
    All those other great webcomic writers, thanks for giving me stuff to laugh at.
    Most of all, thanks Rich Burlew for making this site. It was fun while it lasted.
    ...the sad thing is, hardly anyone will even comment on my departure, let alone care.
    Especially not the folk from ABR.
    Goodbye.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    ABR IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS!
    Hear, hear!

I mean, come on guys, I hardly get acknowledged by any of the main characters, but I don't complain about it! It'll happen when I'm deeper into the story and become more regular (Ha! The only situation I'd get to call myself that!) in these parts. So can we all just settle down and act like civilized people?

Seriously, I thought we had evolved past all these petty squabbles.

Edit: Gremlin, if you had really wanted to stay, you would've.

Just saying.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-01-07 at 10:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Hear, hear!

I mean, come on guys, I hardly get acknowledged by any of the main characters, but I don't complain about it! It'll happen when I'm deeper into the story and become more regular (Ha! The only situation I'd get to call myself that!) in these parts. So can we all just settle down and act like civilized people?

Seriously, I thought we had evolved past all these petty squabbles.
    I didn't just leave because of these 'petty squabbles', I left because I was sick of being ignored in ABR.
    And there's a difference. When your character was introduced, everybody commented, calling him cute and stuff.
    When I came, I entered badly. I haven't lived it up to this day, and never will.
    And yes, I'm still here. Just long enough to make taht comment, though. Seriously, now, goodbye.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-07 at 10:29 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't just leave because of these 'petty squabbles', I left because I was sick of being ignored in ABR.
    And there's a difference. When your character was introduced, everybody commented, calling him cute and stuff.
    When I came, I entered badly. I haven't lived it up to this day, and never will.
    Not if you don't stick around you won't. I have nothing wrong with you, and I'm sure several of us could agree. Isn't that all someone needs? A few people who will put in a good word for him? I can't say you aren't right about us being different, but I can say that by skipping out on ABR, you'll never know if it would have gotten better.

Edit: If you're really set on it, then goodbye. I'm not going to stop you.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-01-07 at 10:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Not if you don't stick around you won't. I have nothing wrong with you, and I'm sure several of us could agree. Isn't that all someone needs? A few people who will put in a good word for him? I can't say you aren't right about us being different, but I can say that by skipping out on ABR, you'll never know if it would have gotten better.

Edit: If you're really set on it, then goodbye. I'm not going to stop you.
    Alright, alright. I see that I'm being as childish as CA (old habits die hard, heh heh). I'll stay.
    Only because Shades promised to use my idea for the Ethereal Plane if I did.

28. - Top - End - #148

Maybe what you want is just a break; say, make a different character for FI, not related to anything current. Take some time to try to figure out inkscape, even if it is just circles on rectangles. You'll improve with time and ask questions about how to get better.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

I was surprised that shades didn't like me at first, then I remembered the way I entered ABR.

Anyway, that kind of sucks that gremlin's leaving, I actually had him in most of my newer SDSB comics. He never did much with that character though...

So, what are your guys' bets on when he will come back to rejoin ABR? I'd say within the next week.
    Nevermind. I need to learn to hit refresh and read the thread again before posting.
    Edit again: @V: five minutes ago actually.
    Edit the 3rd, BRC has very quick ninja like skills.
    Last edited by Szilard; 2009-01-07 at 10:42 PM.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    I was surprised that shades didn't like me at first, then I remembered the way I entered ABR.

Anyway, that kind of sucks that gremlin's leaving, I actually had him in most of my newer SDSB comics. He never did much with that character though...

So, what are your guys' bets on when he will come back to rejoin ABR? I'd say within the next week.
    I'd say like five minutes ago.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-01-07 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]