Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen II IC [PF]

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Spoiler: Kaarna
    Show
    Kaarna finds herself looking through glass into a well-appointed bedroom. It appears to have been torn apart recently. An open door leads into a hallway.
    "Hmm, someone has been having fun", Kaarna remarks to herself. She moves to check on the room next to this one, then descends back down to look for Soren and the others again.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Show
    Through the west window, you see a room completely consumed in flames; you think it used to be a sitting room.

Descending and looking through the first window, you see only Adrianna now.

Scholar hurries into the mansion after Adrianna, Xan, and Soren.

Spoiler: Adrianna
    Show
    "We'd better try to find the journal quickly before the whole place burns up," Scholar says, stopping next to you. "Which door did the others go through?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna points to the door Xan and Soren went through.
    "They went over there. As for the journal, I would think the most logical place for it to be is in the library or a study."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #214

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Adrianna points to the door Xan and Soren went through.
    "They went over there. As for the journal, I would think the most logical place for it to be is in the library or a study."
    Kaarna spits an ugly curse. "What will that stupid brat get himself into next? You keep him alive, armour girl!"

Kaarna continues to fly next to the building, looking for a room that has books or writing things.

5. - Top - End - #215

Spoiler: Xan
    Show

The staircase descends to a lower landing that connects this corridor to three others by similar stairs. On the lower landing stand numerous glass and mahogany cases filled with all manner of trinkets and relics: a Sarlonian funeral mask, shards of Xen'drik pottery, a scorpion bracelet of ancient drow design, a Dhakaani hobgoblin dagger-axe, and a Riedran adze, to name but a few.

Hanging on steel cables to the east is an impressive display of alchemical taxidermy--a well-preserved giant squid the size of a sailing cog. The cephalopod is framed by the glorious stained glass mural above, which depicts couatls locked in furious combat with rakshasas and other fiends. A tall woman who, after a blurred moment, you recognize as the woman who confronted you on the trail and demanded the Dragon's Eye, emerges from the east door, flanked by a pair of very dead-looking--but still moving--humans. As she begins to ascend the stairs toward you, she doesn't seem to have noticed you yet; both zombies do, but they don't point you out. One jerks what's left of its chin toward the south door you came in by meaningfully.
    Spoiler: Xan
    Show
    As soon as Xan saw the zombie move, she launched herself forward, blades coming down toward the woman. "What did you want from here, cultist!"

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    I believe she is flat-footed so I get SA. Standard action though so no TWF

Attack: (1d20+9)[19]
    Crit: (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[7]

If Sneak Attack hits, I also do 3 points of bleed damage

Spoiler: Debilitating Injury (If SA hits)
    Show
    Disoriented: The target takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls. In addition, the target takes an additional –2 penalty on all attack rolls it makes against the rogue. At 10th level and 16th level, the penalty on attack rolls made against the rogue increases by –2 (to a total maximum of –8).

6. - Top - End - #216

Soren barely has time to register the presence of Xan and that cultist again when she launches herself at the woman. He curses silently to himself--if he'd only been a bit faster he could have enchanted the answers out of her. But to be honest if there's going to be bloodshed he wouldn't terribly mind spilling this woman's blood.

Soren's voice, a clear tenor, rings out through the smoke.

"You, emerald cultist, emerald coward
    Infiltrator, arsonist, murderer whose power
    Is stolen and false, you ill-informed terrorist
    Who hounds us--woman, state your business!"

Spoiler: Soren's actions
    Show
    This would have been better as a Suggestion, but since you need to fascinate them first and you can't Fascinate someone who you're taking hostile actions against, so much for that.

Soren is, instead, drawing his bow, staying around the corner for cover, and using Inspire Courage on himself and Xan.

Also, are the lines ok?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2016-12-11 at 09:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217

Show
    You continue to fly around the upper floor. You're not finding any room with books; it looks like it's mostly bedrooms. The western side of the house is ablaze, and the fire is progressing toward the rest of the house. You doubt the house will last very long.

Show
    Scholar hurries past you into the building ahead of you and down the stairs.

Spoiler: Soren and Xan
    Show
    Xan's strike hits the woman, who yelps in shock and rage. One of the zombies flanking her, moving with a speed unlike most zombies created outside of Karrnath, lunges at Xan with a well-made sword. You hear footsteps from behind as Scholar begins to descend the stairs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Longsword attack on Xan: (1d20+6)[14] Critical threat (on 19 or 20): (1d20+6)[19] Damage: (1d8+3)[7] Critical damage: (1d8+3)[8]

Xan can act again before the woman does.
    Scholar's initiative roll: (1d20+1)[10]
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-12-15 at 03:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna is startled seeing Scholar run past her.
    "What? Wait! Scholar!"
    She quickly follows the warforge.

9. - Top - End - #219

Griffon

"Damn it, this place is going to be just a pile of ash soon enough. What were those idiots thinking, charging in like that!" She flies back to where she last saw Adrianna. "Hey! I don't see any libraries! Hey!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't say how many rounds it took Kaarna to do this, but I assume Adrianna is no longer there when she returns. (Her flight speed is 60 ft., if I remember correctly.)
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-12-17 at 07:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220

Spoiler: Xan and Soren
    Show
    Xan swung forward again, both blades slicing at the woman. She felt encouraged by Soren's song, though she wouldn't tell him as much. Realizing how outnumbered she was she took a quick step back.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Attack 1: (1d20+9)[22]
    Crit 1: (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[11]
    If it hits Bleed 3

Attack 1: (1d20+9)[28] This one was a Crit Chance
    Crit 1: (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    If it hits Bleed 3

Then a five foot step to the green square marked on the roll20 map.

Could I ask for a refresher on action points?
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-12-17 at 10:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

Spoiler: Xan, Soren
    Show
    "Gah!" The woman jumps back, bleeding heavily from Xan's cuts. "You! Since you didn't have the good taste to die on the road..." She throws a small onyx gem toward the suspended giant squid. The gem disappears and the squid begins to move.

Show
    Indeed, you see no one in the courtyard now.

Show
    The staircase descends to a lower landing that connects this corridor to three others by similar stairs. On the lower landing stand numerous glass and mahogany cases filled with all manner of trinkets and relics: a Sarlonian funeral mask, shards of Xen'drik pottery, a scorpion bracelet of ancient drow design, a Dhakaani hobgoblin dagger-axe, and a Riedran adze, to name but a few.

Hanging on steel cables to the east is an impressive display of alchemical taxidermy--a well-preserved giant squid the size of a sailing cog. The cephalopod is framed by the glorious stained glass mural above, which depicts couatls locked in furious combat with rakshasas and other fiends. You see Soren and Xan facing off with the woman who threatened you on the road, and with two zombies. The giant squid suspended over them is starting to move as well.

Spoiler: OOC for everyone
    Show
    Silverraptor/Adrianna can now view the roll20 game, and should also roll initiative. Soren is up.

12. - Top - End - #222

Griffon

"Oh by the hag's earwax!" Kaarna floats to the doors and peers inside. "Where did you go, you suicidal idiots?!", she shouts.

13. - Top - End - #223

Spoiler: Xan, Soren
    Show
    "Gah!" The woman jumps back, bleeding heavily from Xan's cuts. "You! Since you didn't have the good taste to die on the road..." She throws a small onyx gem toward the suspended giant squid. The gem disappears and the squid begins to move.
    "And you didn't have the good sense to believe us!" Soren sings, more like screams as he fires his bow. "Why did you set the house on fire? Did you kill him?! And did you steal those zombies from the Karrnathian army?"

Movement above startles Soren and he jumps back at the now undead giant squid thrashing its tentacles. "Careful, Xan! She can make undead things!"

Show

Soren continues his inspire courage (+2 to attack, damage, and saves against charm and fear effects) song and fires around the corner at the woman.
    Attack: (d20+10)[17]
    Crit confirm: (d20+10)[19]
    Damage: (d6+6)[10]
    Crit Damage: (d6+6)[11] (d6+6)[12]

I've been miscalculating Soren's damage for a while, forgettng to factor in Point Blank Shot and the magic bonus from the bow itself.

14. - Top - End - #224

If I can blow an action point on the attack roll, I don't think I've used any yet this level: (d6)[1]

So now the attack roll would b an 18.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2016-12-19 at 12:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Show
    The hall is deserted now. The north door stands open, but you can't see through it from there.

Spoiler: Soren, Xan, Adrianna
    Show
    Soren's arrow glances off the woman's armor. "Shut him up!" she snaps. The zombie who hasn't acted yet steps forward, and both zombies swing their swords at Xan, after which the north one steps forward to menace Soren.

Spoiler
    Show

Longsword attack: (1d20+8)[9] Critical threat (on 19 or 20): (1d20+8)[23] Damage: (1d8+3)[10] Critical damage: (1d8+3)[10]
    Longsword attack: (1d20+8)[17] Critical threat (on 19 or 20): (1d20+8)[13] Damage: (1d8+3)[6] Critical damage: (1d8+3)[5]

>> Adrianna [12]
    >> Xan [11]
    Scholar [10]
    The woman [9]
    Giant squid [9]
    Soren [8]
    Z2: [6]
    Z1: [15]

Adrianna and Xan are up. roll20 map is here.

16. - Top - End - #226

Griffon

"Seriously, they started a fight in there?! And some other moron goes along with it?! Oh for-" Cursing, Kaarna pulls the fireball necklace off her neck and throws it away from the manor, paying attention to where it lands, then starts casting a spell. A transparent hand appears to float next to her shoulder. Right after the spell is done, she begins casting another.

What the hell are you thinking? You're not planning on going in too?!!, Veca shouts.

Kaarna's hands turn very cold, freezing the air they touch.

No! Have you gone mad from all of those fire spells? Want to burn yourself as well? No, don't you dare! Put me down first!

"Oh, shut up cretin!", Kaarna replies. Spitting more curses, she flies inside and towards the noise. She also shifts form as she goes, and stays as close to the roof as she can.

Show
    This takes 2 rounds, I think.

1 round
    Move action: Throw Necklace of Fireballs away (fire can set that thing off!)
    Standard action: Cast Spectral Hand, delivers touch spells. Kaarna transfers (1d4)[4] HP to it.

2 round
    Standard action: Cast Frostbite , touch spell, 6/6 uses left.
    Move action: Fly as far as she can, speed 60 ft. (Not sure how much of her Flight Kaarna has used, her maximum is 6 minutes and it needs to be spent in 1 minute increments.)
    Free action: Shifting.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-12-20 at 05:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

[spoiler=Soren, Xan, Adrianna]Soren's arrow glances off the woman's armor. "Shut him up!" she snaps. The zombie who hasn't acted yet steps forward, and both zombies swing their swords at Xan, after which the north one steps forward to menace Soren.
    Spoiler: In Basement
    Show
    Xan lashed out at the zombie between her and Soren, attempting to take it down before it could injure the bard. "Of course she can! Zombies don't just poof into being!"

Show
    I believe I get SA, and the +2 flanking and -2 twf attacks cancel out, +2 attack and damage from bardic stuff

Sword 1:
    Attack: (1d20+11)[24]

Sword 2:
    Attack: (1d20+11)[22]
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-12-23 at 10:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna rushes forward to get next to Soren, preparing to parry any attack from the zombie or anything else that threatens him. She also positions herself directly on the other side of the zombie from Xan to perfectly flank the undead abomination.

Spoiler: Adrianna's turn
    Show
    Sorry for taking so long. Been preparing for Christmas with my family. With that said, since Adrianna has 1 more initiative then Xan and I see Xan was attempting a sneak attack, I will move Adrianna to flank the zombie, allowing Xan to try the sneak attack. While she is next to Soren, she can use an attack of opportunity to raise Soren's AC if he is attacked with the Bodyguard feat (Atleast that's how I understood it). And finally she swings her sword at the zombie to try and take him down, though this will be before Xan moves so no flank bonus, but factoring in the +2 from Soren's song. Let me know if I forget anything.

Attack:(1d20+12)[25]
    Critical:(1d20+12)[26]
    Damage:(1d8+6)[10]

Edit: Or not. Because I have difficulty reading maps.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2016-12-28 at 06:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229

Spoiler: Adrianna, Soren, Xan
    Show
    Xan's slashes shred the zombie, which falls. Still badly damaged, Scholar hesitates on the stairs. "I'd buff you, but getting close to that thing looks like a bad idea," she says flatly and begins intoning a spell that has no visible effect yet.

The squid, obeying the woman's command, swings one tentacle at Soren. As it does, the woman gestures toward Xan with something small held in her hand.

Spoiler
    Show

Xan needs to make a Will save.
    Squid attack (from OOC): [roll]1d20+19[roll][28] Critical threat check: (1d20+19)[25] Damage: (2d6+9)[11] Critical damage: (2d6+9)[12]
    Adrianna can use an attack of opportunity to Aid Another Soren's AC.

Soren is up. Roll20 link.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-12-29 at 01:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Soren's arrow glances off the woman's armor. "Shut him up!" she snaps. The zombie who hasn't acted yet steps forward, and both zombies swing their swords at Xan, after which
    Soren starts to laugh. "Emerald woman, Karrnathian traitor,
    A successful mission--you'll always hear me later!"

He opens his mouth to spout a litany of increasingly creative insults, but as he begins a tentacle slams him into the floor.

"Urngh...Good one, but..." He looks up with a smile to see Adrianna next to him. "I'm not alone!" Soren gets up again and backs off, continuing his insults as he attempts to cast a spell.

Show
    Free action: Continue Inspire Courage (2 to attack, damage, and saves against charm and fear effects)

Move action: Get out of range of the tentacles, preferably closer to Scholar.
    Acrobatics Check to avoid an AoO: (d20+13)[20]

Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2016-12-30 at 12:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Action point for the acrobatics check: (d6)[2]

Standard action: Cast Moment of Greatness on himself, Xan, Adrianna, Scholar, and Kaarna if she happens to be within 50 feet of him since she can hear him.

22. - Top - End - #232

Show
    Please roll initiative.

Show
    Xan shrugs off the effect of the woman's spell. As Soren dodges up the stairs, the squid fetches him another whack. The remaining humanoid zombie moves to follow him, but the woman snaps, "Kill this one first!" gesturing at Xan. The zombie wheels to attack Xan.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack of opportunity against Soren: (1d20+19)[39] Critical threat check: (1d20+19)[23] Damage: (2d6+9)[17] Critical damage: (2d6+9)[13]
    Zombie attack on Xan: (1d20+8)[14] Critical threat check: (1d20+8)[21] Damage: (1d8+3)[9] Critical damage: (1d8+3)[6]

Adrianna and Xan are up. Roll20 link.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Adrianna throws a couple of swings at the zombie.

Show
    Full attack
    Attack 1: (1d20+12)[28]
    Critical 1: (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage : (1d8+6)[12]

Attack 2: (1d20+7)[14]
    Critical 2: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage : (1d8+6)[10]

24. - Top - End - #234

Spoiler: In Basement
    Show
    Xan looked at the Zombie and then back at the woman. She didn't want her to escape too far away, where Xan couldn't reach her. But this creature had been told to end her first. She groaned in frustration and sliced at the zombies side.

Show
    If the bard song isn't working than please subtract 2

Attack1: (1d20+9)[28] +2 Flanking bonus for 30
    Attack2: (1d20+9)[15] +2 Flanking bonus for 17
    Last edited by Athedia; 2017-01-01 at 01:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235

Spoiler: Attack Part 2
    Show
    Crit Confirm Attack 1: (1d20+9)[18] +2 Flanking bonus for 20
    Damage 1: (1d6+7)[11]
    I do get SA this time: (3d6)[14]

Damage 2: (1d6+7)[12]
    SA: (3d6)[12]

Subtract 2 from Damage if Bard song not working, add 2 to SA if it applies.

5 foot step to area marked on the map.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2017-01-01 at 01:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

Show
    As the squid punts Soren up the stairs, Adrianna's sword slices into the zombie. Xan hits it once as well; its flesh resists her sword, but not enough, and it falls to the floor. Scholar holds out a holy symbol of Dol Arrah. "I said be still," sneers the woman, repeating her chant and gesture and taking a step back into a corner. The squid swings one of its tentacles at Xan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Soren is healed for (2d6)[8]. Xan needs to make another Will save.
    Squid attack: (1d20+19)[35] Critical threat check: (1d20+19)[27] Damage: (2d6+9)[13] Critical damage: (2d6+9)[17]

Roll20 link; Soren is up.
    Last edited by Kish; 2017-01-01 at 06:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237

"Owww..." Soren whimpers as he gets to his feet and looks up at the zombie. "Ok, change of plans. And you, emerald traitor, you think you can tell Rough Draft what to do?" he sings as he fires at the squid.

Show
    Soren is staying as far away from squid range as possible, which is why that's the only thing in range. He continues his song, and then fires at the squid.

Attack: (d20+9)[29]

28. - Top - End - #238

Spoiler: Crit confirm and damage!
    Show

Crit confirm: (d20+9)[12]

29. - Top - End - #239

Action point on the crit confirm: (d6)[3]
    Damage: (d6+5)[11]
    Crit damage: (d6+5)[7] (d6+5)[7]

30. - Top - End - #240

As Kaarna flies into the building, she sees Scholar and Soren, both looking badly battered, standing at the top of a flight of stairs, just barely beyond the reach of the uncoiling tentacles of a thing from nightmare: a dead and preserved, and yet moving and hostile, giant squid suspended by chains from the ceiling. Soren fires an arrow; it lodges in the creature's armored hide, looking like a very small splinter. To Kaarna's left, a stained-glass window explodes, shards of glass narrowly missing her, as the temperature rises. Past them and below the squid, on a landing that holds a number of glass and mahogany cases filled with relics, Adrianna and Xan are facing off with the woman who demanded the Dragon's Eye on the trail; both Xan and the woman look injured. Two unfamiliar armored corpses lie at different levels on the stairs, ornate swords lying next to them.

Xan is able, once again, to shake off the woman's spell. She looks annoyed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adrianna and Xan are up. Everyone can now look at the map, and Kaarna's been placed on it. The crit did not confirm.