New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

From the ABR wiki, following a search for "Ven":
    Spoiler
    Show

(ignore the numbers)

EDIT: Ninja'd!
    Last edited by Keris; 2008-12-21 at 05:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Am I gonna be in the Schematic.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

I declare that me and chirky are in the scematic or we shall be very

Want to work together in the plot chirky?

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And Now, the moment you've all been waiting for, The Full, 100% Templateable (Easy-to-make, now with 50% more Copy-pasta) Ven And the Dettas
    Spoiler
    Show

Note, there is only one Champion Detta. It's based around a semi-intelligent sword that Ven got in the Heroic Domains of Ysgard,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    I declare that me and chirky are in the scematic or we shall be very

Want to work together in the plot chirky?
    Yeah working together sounds great, however I will be doing a lot of personal jobs for Lying being his personal assitant/second in caommand.

Also for everyone my name is Chriky not chirky.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Again ? I assume this time they'll ascend to god-like level and conquer more of the planet off-panel, but when a few people come in their lair they'll let them through. And I thought we were at a point where we could conclude the events of Fat Fish Fury I.
    We can't end it without a final confrontation, can we?

But seriously, we need to take this slowly, and make sure two things happen.

1. We don't alienate our writers.
    2. We keep the plot going.

If we separate ABR into two mutually exclusive plots, everything's going to slow down, and ABR will die. We need one main plot. We can't divide the main plot into two. It won't work. On the other hand, if we force people into a plot that they don't to be a part of, it'll tear ABR apart. We need to tread carefully here. If FI isn't going to work as we planned, we have to adjust it.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post

If we separate ABR into two mutually exclusive plots, everything's going to slow down, and ABR will die. We need one main plot. We can't divide the main plot into two. It won't work. On the other hand, if we force people into a plot that they don't to be a part of, it'll tear ABR apart. We need to tread carefully here. If FI isn't going to work as we planned, we have to adjust it.
    Quoted For Truth
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

8. - Top - End - #368
    Banned

The Gremlin's/Nilmerg Eht's* FI profile:

Spoiler
    Show

The Gremlin/Nilmerg Eht

The Gremlin/Nilmerg Eht
    Race:Awakened animal (due to numerous confusing spells, is partly undead.)
    Age: Living years total 51, which is extremely old for a cat (222 years old in human years, holy crap). He uses Lyinginbedmon's tactic of cloning, but it doesn't work as well on animals.
    Powers and abilities: 12th level diviner (banned school is necromancy)spells, impressive wisdom (especially about demons), and The Staff of Nature's Wrath, a morphic staff which otherwise takes on the appearance of a knife. He got this from his old master, Frakul, and it has numerous powers to do with nature. It also allows him to enter a sort of 'rage state' in which his spells are extremely dangerous to all nearby.
    Backstory: The Gremlin has suffered a lot, especially in the last 15 years. Before, he had a mission. Avenge his master, raise his friends, protect the last Arcanian. But now things are more complex. He does his best, the fact is that he is getting old. He makes use of a special clone spell he wrote himself, to affect animals, but it is faulty. When he is alive, he ages twice as fast as normal. He has to cast the Clone spell almost every year. He is growing old, and if there's anything he fears, it is that.

*Just one thing, I didn't copy Lying when I did that 'two names' thing with the anagrams. I started out with The Gremlin, but because I wasn't a gremlin or anything, I needed some way for it to make sense. So, at least on that regard, I'm not copying Lying!
    EDIT: /\ Thirded. We have to come to some sort of agreement. But we also need to stop calling it 'ending FFF'. You don't end a comic when you make a sequel. You continue it. FFF I will always conjure up thoughts of Almighty Salmon and Threeshades. And their time is over. At least, their time as big main characters. Now, others must take their place. Others...like d4 Swarm! Or Chriky! Or even Q! Others who did not get a fair chance at being good, memorable characters!
    Or, really, anybody. This is not an end, this is a new beginning. The beginning of the next story: Future Impossible.
    Also, maybe we should name the first FFF. Otherwise, it's not as much of a sequel, since one has a name and the other doesn't.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-12-21 at 07:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

What's with all the hate? Im just trying to get the plot on the road

Threeshades is dead, thus her power-control over the Shades is gone. Yes they are even more powerful. More precisely they aren't more powerful, they are now just able to utilize their full power. But they also reached the peak now. The only way to go is downhill.

And death isn't permanent in a world that's mostly based on DnD.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

First things first: the schematic of the resistance:

I will reward the one who finds where I got Klaus' boots.

You know, I think I now agree with you. But in my opinion, things should go at a faster pace. We made 300+ comics on the Vendetta, most of which could easily be merged or removed so that we have less than half. And I think it's reasonable to end Fat Fish Fury I (if we do) at the ending of the Invasion of Alphantica.

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post

Threeshades is dead, thus her power-control over the Shades is gone. Yes they are even more powerful. More precisely they aren't more powerful, they are now just able to utilize their full power. But they also reached the peak now. The only way to go is downhill.

Well, I hope the Shades have enough power to battle the full might of the United Nations of Avbaroy. 'Cause they aren't happy with the enslaving of the subterranean world.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-21 at 07:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Banned

No hate from me. I think the others are all just anxious to get FI on the road, and don't like delays. But FFF: I is a good story, one that deserves a good ending. Otherwise, FFF: II will be weaker.
    EDIT: Also, does anybody mind if The Gremlin takes care of Lying? Chriky (he's the guy who was going to care for Lying, right?)is, after all, pretty busy. The Gremlin sees to Lying while Chriky is working, and is otherwise locked in his study, seeking a cure for Lying's 'illness'.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-12-21 at 07:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    No hate from me. I think the others are all just anxious to get FI on the road, and don't like delays. But FFF: I is a good story, one that deserves a good ending. Otherwise, FFF: II will be weaker.
    Well if we can steer FFF1 to a deserving end, I wouldn't be against ending it.

What is the plot frame of FI? So far it looks like a post-apocalyptic "someone bad's rocking the house" plot.

13. - Top - End - #373

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Also, does anybody mind if The Gremlin takes care of Lying? Chriky (he's the guy who was going to care for Lying, right?)is, after all, pretty busy. The Gremlin sees to Lying while Chriky is working, and is otherwise locked in his study, seeking a cure for Lying's 'illness'.
    Has Lying approved of the "illness" thing? It sounded to me like he wasn't too crazy about the idea.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Well if we can steer FFF1 to a deserving end, I wouldn't be against ending it.

What is the plot frame of FI? So far it looks like a post-apocalyptic "someone bad's rocking the house" plot.

"The year is 1541. Nearly all nations of Avbaroy are a member of the United Nations of Avbaroy, who has become increasingly close to a world government. The Neo-Moon Elf Empire (that's the Shades' empire) is largely gone and the only opposition to the UNA is a small resistance group led by Igon Minoblendy, comprised mainly of Schizians and Guinoids.

The technology level is greatly unstable, as the traditional "medieval" methods are being replaced by Sovice technology. The standards of living have greatly augmented for UNA member states, but for the resistance, life is hard, as they have to resort to more "unethical" ways of getting food and water, such as raiding and stealing.

Things are going downwards for the resistance. Even if they have the Citadel of Bis Anu and several Schizian aircrafts, they are up against nearly all of the planet. Several members are starting to doubt the resistance's goals and attempt to join the "peace-oriented" United Nations of Avbaroy."

Basically, it's the logical sequel to the rise in Plot Importance from the Sovice. This plot is also more gritty, with "badass" characters and a darker setting (for the resistance, at least. The UNA members have very high standards of life).

Has Lying approved of the "illness" thing? It sounded to me like he wasn't too crazy about the idea.
    He said he'd prefer if the Sovice were poisoning him or something like that. This idea is better because if he died and he came back in a clone, the Sovice will re-poison him.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-21 at 07:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Just replace a dehabilitating illness with a perfectly reasonable and expectable cycle of Despair (We defeated the Moon Elves, now look what has happened!), Frantic determinatism (WE WILL DEFEAT THEM, SOMEBODY GET ME MY ASS-KICKING BOOTS!), and paranoia (How do I know I can trust you Chirky, if that is your real name).
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

16. - Top - End - #376
    Banned

I believe he said it was okay as long as it was unnatural. He didn't want Lying to be insane mundanely, because that isn't what Lying's like.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

So the best way to get FFF1 to roll down would be the Shades beaten by Salmon + Talisman and UNA (the dragons and UNA forces would largely be battling the shades' armies, while salmon (and leroy) would have to take out the Shades)

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't mind the illness, as long as it isn't "He snapped under the pressure and went crazy" and more "Someone's trying to keep him out of the action". As Memnarch said, Lying's been through too much already to snap because of the UNA.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I don't mind the illness, as long as it isn't "He snapped under the pressure and went crazy" and more "Someone's trying to keep him out of the action". As Memnarch said, Lying's been through too much already to snap because of the UNA.
    100% Genuine Stress-tested Resistance Leaders. Now available at your local flying citadel.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-12-21 at 07:41 PM.
    [/Center]

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    "Shortly after the Resistance's founding and first acts against the UNA they were struck a terrible blow. A disease, believed to be of Sovice origin, infected they Resistance leader Lyingbedmon, leaving him out of action for weeks. He eventually recovered, and continued his actions against the UNA, until near the end of the first decade of UNA rule, when he was once more infected, this time by a wasting sickness. Lying's mental faculties were diminished by this disease, and now lies bed bound, leading the Resistance as a figurehead, while others work constantly towards a cure for Avbaroy's greatest spellcaster."

How's that?

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    100% Genuine Stress-tested Resistance Leaders. Now available at your local flying citadel.
    Well certainly the latest Remember page should bear some of this out.

EDIT@^ What, I can't get deranged ramblings? "Out damn spot!"? Nice though.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-12-21 at 07:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Mad Mask; I'll guess that you got the design from Roy's boots.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Mad Mask; I'll guess that you got the design from Roy's boots.
    Nope. It's from a drawing I did myself. The colour was the same.

FAKE EDIT: Making a Fat Fish Fury comic. Will be up soon.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Bugbear in the Playground

I want to overhaul my templets before FI starts. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to make em look nicer?

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I also want to contribute a character to FI

Name: Threeshades/"Threedeemed"
    Race: Moon-Elf
    Class: Monk/Fighter/Swashbuckler/Swordsage

Backstory: In order to bring the Shades under control, Threeshades's soul had to be retrieved and bound to the material plane again. She was resurrected and turned on the Shades together with Almighty Salmon and Leroy. The battle cost her vast amounts of power. For years after the Shades were destroyed she was crippled but eventually could mostly be healed over time. Her eyesight was lost entirely and couldn't even be restored by the most powerful clerics. The demonic energies she absorbed in the battle warped her appearance permanently, though just to small grade.
    Threeshades became an agent of the resistance after an intense training to fight blind.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-12-21 at 08:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386

My reaction Mad Mask's comic:

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

NON CANON
    "That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    My reaction Mad Mask's comic:

It's noncanon.

@Threeshades: Why did your character join the resistance ? It seems more logical to join the UNA so that she can have technobabble optical implants. Flesh out your character by providing an explanation.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It's noncanon.

@Threeshades: Why did your character join the resistance ? It seems more logical to join the UNA so that she can have technobabble optical implants. Flesh out your character by providing an explanation.
    The resistance could probably get her some technobabble optical implants. Most likely by stealing them.
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #390

It's noncanon.
    Ah, I couldn't tell. Things labeled with "Fat Fish Fury" are usually canon.