New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

*sneaks into RB*
    That was probably the worst Christmas I've ever had. I was horribly all from Christmas Eve through to now, and Christmas Eve night was the worst.
    I didn't sleep at all due to horrible coughing fits, being way too overheated and basically I was downstairs for about two hours last night. The rest of it was me roasting in bed or near crying because it hurt.
    And I actually slept away most of Christmas I was so ill and tired.
    However, I loved the presents. The Colour of Magic DVD; many, many books. But not all the ones I asked for. Actually, some of the books were a great disappointment. They were ones I wanted, but for some reason they were split into episodes meaning I got three segments of books instead of three books.
    Also, I got hair straighteners and about four or five sets of shower/bath stuff. And royal jelly handwash. And clothes.
    And CDs.
    But I was so ill I went to bed at half nine after barely being awake at all; I could only manage half an hour of watching King Lear and I missed most of the shows I wanted to watch.
    Last night again, was bad. But I was only up twice.
    *sneaks out of RB*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

Please focus on resting, Kurlyshkta. Just rest, relax and get better. Soft soup and soothing sleep. Yes, we know that yer sleep is disturbed by your sickness, but just try your best not to exert yourself. Get well soon, comrade-of-quill!
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2008-12-26 at 08:43 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    That is the best news of all.
    I hope you didn't have to do anything this Christmas, ER, and others dealt with all the shopping, cooking and stuff.
    We did a little shopping, but only for our boys. We went to my sister in laws for lunch, and just took some pre-made dessert to share. So yeah, it was pretty laid back. We got the news from the NICU just as we were getting there, so we got tell my husband's family right away. We called my family when we got home.

@ Festy: Nation is awesome, you're going to love it
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2008-12-26 at 10:28 AM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

I should really get my hands on a Pratchet book, internet is telling me to, and of course, I would understand all the discworld refernces made here in the forums.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

...you haven't read Pratchett?
    Seriously, though, Terry Pratchett is hilarious. In addition to Discworld, you should also read Good Omens, which is an absolutely brilliant book.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

The litttle bit of Pratchett I've read has been great, I plan on reading some more, sometime. Look! A second sentence is here!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    ...you haven't read Pratchett?
    Seriously, though, Terry Pratchett is hilarious. In addition to Discworld, you should also read Good Omens, which is an absolutely brilliant book.
    Well, things like pratchett or Monthy Python are'nt well known here in Uruguay, yeah, some guys might know them, but a few. I heard of Pratchett here in the playground for the first time. And what I found about him makes me think that, yeah, it must be hilarius and genius.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    Well, things like pratchett or Monthy Python are'nt well known here in Uruguay, yeah, some guys might know them, but a few. I heard of Pratchett here in the playground for the first time. And what I found about him makes me think that, yeah, it must be hilarius and genius.
    Ooh. Uruguay. Haha, I didn't notice that when I posted first. Anyways. Get thee to a library!
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Curly's gonna kill me when she reads this....
    I haven't read any Pratchett book..... And same as Coplantor...except replace his with my location and remove Monty Python......

Please don't kill me?

*hides behind Blackfox, and if that doesn't work. *flees RB*
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-12-26 at 11:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh, it's probably easier to get it through the internet. Though I could search some libraries on my way home today
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *sneaks into RB*
    That was probably the worst Christmas I've ever had. I was horribly all from Christmas Eve through to now, and Christmas Eve night was the worst.
    I didn't sleep at all due to horrible coughing fits, being way too overheated and basically I was downstairs for about two hours last night. The rest of it was me roasting in bed or near crying because it hurt.
    And I actually slept away most of Christmas I was so ill and tired.
    She has the Xmas Lurgey. Not fun.

<gift brags>
    Last night again, was bad. But I was only up twice.
    *sneaks out of RB*
    Yes, take your infectious self back to bed and cane that Lemsip like it's going out of fashion. Come back when your world isn't composed of pain.

Hmmm. I know you can get drunk on NiteNurse, but can you get high on Lemsip? I say we send CroakyKoffGurgle to find out!

-----

Eggy is off to shout at the TV, read some more of his stack of new books, and drink until he can't see straight. Life is good.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-12-26 at 11:50 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Is it better than grape wine?

G'night Phase.
    It was definitely much more palatable than most of the wines I've tried before, not having the same bitter aftertaste or 'scalding' film feeling that most wines and beers I've tried have left me with. I think it has something to do with the strange taste/feeling I get whenever I eat chocolate ice cream, where I'm either hallucinating or I'm tasting something like the alkaline materials they use to process it.

This, on the other hand, was actually tasty, and due to my poor pouring skills, I gave myself a bit more than the taste I was going for.

Sorry to hear about Curly's horrible evening, the fact that she was prudent enough to pass out is good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Coplantor:

If you're going to start reading Discworld, I recommend you start with one of the following two novels:

Small Gods: One of his most classic ones, and you don't need to have read any of the others to know the characters or setting--all of them are original, and chronologically seem to take place quite a bit before the events of some of the other novels.

Guards, Guards!: Starts the Guards subplot, introduces you to Ankh-Morpork very nicely.

I second Good Omens. Excellent novel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

The best thing about Pratchett is that everyone has their own favorites, and recommendations for first books.

My personal favorites are the Witches and Death. Pretty much any of them. Hogfather and Lords and Ladies are, I think, my most favorite. Also anything including the Feegles.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

15. - Top - End - #315
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    The best thing about Pratchett is that everyone has their own favorites, and recommendations for first books.
    The Death books ftw. Especially Soul Music. I liked me that one. Not perhaps because it was the most amazing, but rather because I liked the concept.

I am the heart beat. The back beat.

Live your life in a moment. And then life forever. Don't fade away.

Heh. I also liked the animated series inexplicably.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, now I know what I'll be asking for my birthday.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

I tried some 99% cocoa dark chocolate earlier, and it was a huge dissapointment. It tasted of nothing except for something burnt to me. My parents and sister hated it as well, but they thought the taste was stronger then I did. I think I'll stick with 85% cocoa chocolate in the future.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post

My personal favorites are the Witches and Death. Pretty much any of them. Hogfather and Lords and Ladies are, I think, my most favorite. Also anything including the Feegles.
    I agree, with all thou said in that there post.

And, yeah, here's an edit. I'm doing an impulsive mass clean of my bedroom, filling dustbin bag up nicely, uncovering old poetry and artwork and CDs and masses of cologne.
    Last edited by Kaelaroth; 2008-12-26 at 02:42 PM.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Tempest, FWIW, that's supposed to be used for BAKING, not munching, if that's the chocolate I'm thinking of (if it isn't, then what were its creators thinking?)! Hilarious! That's like drinking vanilla extract! Yuck!

To continuethe Pratchett talk, I recommend The Wee Free Men and A Hat Full(Hatful?) of Sky! FTW (though not Discworld at all, IIRC)!

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FlWiPig View Post
    To continuethe Pratchett talk, I recommend The Wee Free Men and A Hat Full(Hatful?) of Sky! FTW (though not Discworld at all, IIRC)!
    And not the Wintersmith?
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently it is meant for eating (the instructions recommended eating it with coffee while letting it melt in your mouth. I hate coffee, and I didn;t pick my username because I'm a slow eater, though.).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Once, I won a bar of German dark chocolate.

It was foul. Perhaps my American sensibilities ruined the experience for me, but I felt as if I had crammed dirt and ground roots into my mouth. It was all I could do to choke down the individual parts.

However, I did do what TF recommended, except instead I dropped the pieces into a cup of Swiss Miss hot cocoa. It actually improved the taste of the cocoa considerably (this is not hard to do; nostalgia aside, Swiss Miss hot chocolate more or less tastes like warm brown water).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

o.O; Wow, that's some strong chocolate. Ew. Sounds good to drop into some coffee, though.

And speaking of foodstuffs. I was starving when I went to bed last night. And then I didn't wake up this morning until noon. And I finally tried to eat something at 3... and I feel to bleh from not eating to eat. @.@

And and I srsly need to do what Kaela said. I should mass clean my room too. I should work on being neat and less lazy. ~.~;

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

How much cocoa was in the German dark chocolate? Mum agreed to use the rest of the bar for baking due to how much everyone hated it. Lindt usually do really nice chocolate as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    o.O; Wow, that's some strong chocolate. Ew. Sounds good to drop into some coffee, though.

And speaking of foodstuffs. I was starving when I went to bed last night. And then I didn't wake up this morning until noon. And I finally tried to eat something at 3... and I feel to bleh from not eating to eat. @.@

And and I srsly need to do what Kaela said. I should mass clean my room too. I should work on being neat and less lazy. ~.~;
    *manages to be lazy and have a clean room*

Also, dark chocolate? No thenks....I'l have milk chocolate...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Banned

My room can accurately be described as a **** hole.

Such a hassle.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-12-26 at 03:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Mine would actually be very nice if I kept it clean.
    Now I'm having the urge to go clean right now. Think I'm too dizzy to do that, though. Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    *manages to be lazy and have a clean room*
    That's not fair! Cheater, cheater! D: *sneaks into D-D's room at night and messes it up*

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

My sleeping area fluctuates wildly between brief, uneasy periods of relative organization and hellish wastelands of dirty laundry, crumpled papers and discarded books.

Also: I don't recall exactly the percentage.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2008-12-26 at 03:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    My sleeping area fluctuates wildly between brief, uneasy periods of relative organization and hellish wastelands of dirty laundry, crumpled papers and discarded books.
    Me too. Also, various empty boxes, suitcases, hot water bottles, bank details, instruction manuals, washing powder, paper covered in mathematical formula and solutions, bits of smashed badger(1), etc.

1. QI reference.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-12-26 at 03:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

*blinks* QI? I feel like I should know what that is for some reason...

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"