New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: TwoBitWriter's Tubular Tracts of Thought-Talking Random Banter #111

My grandma once played mario with me when I was 4... I totally kicked her ass!

I was a a bad kid, I know, I should've letted her win
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
    It's too frelling cold in here and outside. This morning it was an average of -9*C all across the county; three whole harbours froe over at least partially and one entirely! At least six major/well - known rivers have mostly frozen over.
    It was colder on the coach we got to get to college than it was outside! College did not close although many schools did.
    And my trainers are broken and my feet went all stingly (a mix of tingling and stinging) and I felt like I was getting frostbite.
    It's so cold in my room right now that I'm wearing gloves as I type this, but am upset because my touchpad doesn't recognise the movements through the gloves so my right hand is still purple whereas my left hand actually has feeling in it. I'm wearing a dressing gown wth a hoodie on, and the hood up!
    And I've got to do my final draft for coursework while wearing gloves to prevent losing fingers to the evil that is the cold.
    I AM NOT SUITED TO THE COLD! It's a dry cold and there's not been a cloud for days! It'd be wonderful if it snowed, but no chance.

Aside from wanting to curl up in bed warm forever more; I had a great time. We practically had a picnic in CLassics as I'd brought eight candy canes (We have loads left over) and loads of monkey nuts; Cool Classics Girl brought in a large piece of cake; Long Leather Coat Classics Guy brought in dark chocolate (can't stand it but hey, free choccie) and we just ate throughout the lesson.
    Which was short because Classics Lecturer finally realised that bribing us with freedom (leaving early) means we do the work. We left half an hour early and went walkabout.
    Plus we made helmets of out the broken monkey nut shells that were sent to the Graveyard (for all shells not broke evenly in half) and had a finger puppet war and we made a Greek fleet with the nicely broken shells. The largest ship in the fleet was called Alphonso.
    as Cool Classics Guy said: "I love hanging around with weird people, it's so much fun!"
    Oh, and in E Lit we got shown this poem. I dare anyone to read it without laughing or being stunned; especially the last two lines of the sixth stanza.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, that was quite a rant... sorry to hear about the cold, here is so freaking hot that I'm starting to evaporate.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    You are too young to really remember the Super Nintendo...

God... the hours I spent on that system. Back when I took the Genesis/Super Nintento debate super serious. I was, of course, firmly pro-nintendo.

And it is weird as hell seeing Sonic games on Nintendo now. When I saw Sonic on Smash Brothers: Brawl, I about died!
    Ah, the good old Sonic/Mario rivalry. My neighbor had a NES, and I spent a good deal of time over there playing Mario Bros. and Duck hunt and what have you. Never got very far, but it was loads of fun. For my part, I had a genesis. Played a lot of Sonic 2 and 3. Actually beat three once, though I remain unable to actually complete 2 without cheating or a lot of luck. Stupid final stage with no rings...
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #335

Reminds me of one day back in Uni where the ambient temp was around -10 F, but with the wind chill it was closer to -35 to -40. I had to hike across a parking lot (so no trees or anything to block the wind) to go to my first class of the day.

I got back and my floor head just looked at me and said "Dude, you're a better man than I am..."

Univerisities just won't close for anything short of a campus tragedy.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

*The humble nerd bows*
    I know how cold it is here, luckily, it was a fantastic 2 Degrees Celsius when i got out of the house at 08:20 AM today. I was thankful for my gloves, my coat and my blue hat that looks like a police siren. I dare anyone to not see me coming when I am wearing that hat.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Heh, it's probably a sweltering 40-50 F outside, with a blazing 68ish in my house. I'm one of two people in my family who doesn't complain about the weather.
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine in scant clothing, merely a dressing gown and some old tracksuit bottoms. And the heating is pretty much off, it's not that chilly!
    (Though I am right next to an open fire. mm, toasty)
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Fortunately, we had a bit of snow over the past two days. Unfortunately that means getting ambushed on the way to school.
    I saw two guys in their 30's hiding behind a van at their house with a pile of snowballs. They were lobbing them at people walking past at about 3pm today. I thought it was a little weird, but then again, so is life.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

All our snow seems to have begun melting recently. It's hovering around 2 degrees C here, which isn't surprising given that this is the West Coast, and it never gets all that cold here. Not like in Winterpeg.

Man, I pity those guys.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

11. - Top - End - #341

We just got a fresh coat of about an inch and a half of snow...I hate it when it does that. It's like the snow is teasing you. "See...now I could have dropped a foot onto you guys, but instead all you're getting is enough to make the morning brush-off-the-car a pain in the neck."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

@poemwench; DH Lawrence x)

Ever read Tortoise Scream?

I think that's what it called. I wanted to gouge my brain out with a fork.
    Nobody helped me in any way, shape or form with this avatar, I found it in a child's shoe.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

It's very rainy right now where I am. And cold (just above freezing).

I wish it would either snow or get warm...

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

I wish for warmth and possibly something to hurt the two 30 year old guys who decided it would be fun to attack someone who is half their age with snowballs. Jackasses.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

It's about 60 degrees fahrenheit here today...we're SCREWED UP! MUTANT!

The snow has melted.

And the river is flooding.

IN JANUARY! It's not supposed to flood till March, late February at the earliest! I shudder to think what this must mean for the salmon population....

Sorry. My dad is always talking about the salmon.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

I wish for snow enough to be able to throw snowballs at people. Even if I do suck at throwing.
    Also, I wish i didnt have an exam tomorrow. And that I didnt suck at Human Biology.

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

I wish I didn't have to go to school tomorrow either, simply because I don't feel like having 12 year old throwing balls of ice (not snow, ice) at me.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    I wish for snow enough to be able to throw snowballs at people. Even if I do suck at throwing.
    Also, I wish i didnt have an exam tomorrow. And that I didnt suck at Human Biology.
    I agree, on both of those counts.

Although my exam tomorrow is just history, so I'm not too worried. I've got a really easy teacher.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Strange, the only exams I have in the next three months are one maths exam, one science and one drama exam. Most of my exams are in the May to June period. (Lucky me!)
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    It's about 60 degrees fahrenheit here today...we're SCREWED UP! MUTANT!

The snow has melted.

And the river is flooding.

IN JANUARY! It's not supposed to flood till March, late February at the earliest! I shudder to think what this must mean for the salmon population....

Sorry. My dad is always talking about the salmon.
    Great...Now I've got the mental image of Almighty Salmon swimming down the river and stalking me and then brutally killling me......
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Great...Now I've got the mental image of Almighty Salmon swimming down the river and stalking me and then brutally killling me......

That would be one BIG salmon.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Now that is a scary image.
    Good luck, I recommend that you stay as far upstream as possible and hope that he tires of swimming faster than you tire of running. I also recommend getting a pet shark.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

That would be one BIG salmon.
    As in, the FORUM member Almighty Salmon.....

*hides* I live to close to the rivers....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

You poor soul.
    "Oh mighty Herbert, he who surely pwns at Halo, he who rolls the dice of life, I ask you one small favour, protect Dallas from The Almighty Salmon that will try to kill him."
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-01-07 at 04:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

Perhaps lying in wait behind a rock, on a jumpy, rapidy, waterfally stretch of river, whilst in possession of big stick would be safe....

or then maybe not.

I should just find a good book and prepare to make like Jonah.
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes my son, build an Ark, make sure it has plenty of harpoon launchers.
    Then when The Almighty Salmon appears, you fire the harpoons at him and hope that one of them at least scares him enough to send him home. If he keeps coming then you will have to kill him.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Poor salmon! You should stop planning to eat him, you cruel fellows. Or you'll get eaten. By the Jormungar.
    Last edited by Lyesmith; 2009-01-07 at 04:38 PM.

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Er, Jonah didn't build an ark. He got eaten by a whale.

Which is just as impressive a feat, considering that whales usually don't go for the human meat.

Anyway, was it just me, or did the forums just stop working for a while?

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

You may have a Jormungar, but I have a Gnome Battle-launcher, with a laser scope. As well as this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it into them.
    EDIT: It was the whole site actually, I couldn't even get onto the home page.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-01-07 at 04:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to bed soon and I have... 500 words.
    ...they said something is better than nothing.
    It's only 15%... of my final grade.

...scuse me, I think I'm going to be sick.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?