New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    I was waiting on TnD and the vampire spawn.
    You can post your action now. Everyone posts their actions in block and then I reorder them in initiative order.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVII: 40% Spam, 55% Banter, 5% Actually Meaningful Discussi

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I'm twelve.
    Dang, he is immature. JK.

I know what you meant, I just like to take things literally sometimes.

@KP, cool.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

3. - Top - End - #63
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I'm twelve.
    And I'm 13 (by less than a month), MM is 10, and other people are 11-12. And yet, somehow, we manage to avoid being so obnoxious and immature.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-07 at 08:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Concerning the thread: IT'S BEEN MADE! IT IS DONE, nobody died on account of it, let bygones be bygones. It isn't a big enough issue to merit the bandwidth spent discussing it.

Concerning Crimson Angel: Is not letting him in even on the table here? He's a little annoying sure, but that can be fixed. In the meantime, he's a better artist than some people here (myself included), and he's not pushy or hostile, and he seems willing to take advice. And though his posts on this thread tend towrds pointlessness... well... we just spent a couple pages arguing over the right to name a thread. Complaining that CA's posts in the discussion threads are pointless is like living in a landfill and complaining about people littering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Gremlin, you still haven't explained what the Praesians would exemplify as their inevitability.

Here are the options:

1) Praesians are inevitables, Soul eaters are creatures that either A) Sell the souls, B) Eat the souls, or C) Transport the souls to the proper body.

2) Soul eaters are inevitables, Soul eaters teleport beings to their alignment-based afterlife. The Praesians are CN outsiders who stop them and let the ghosts stay and watch (or interfere) with the thing stopping them from moving on.

3) Both are inevitables. The praesians are inevitables who enforce the inevitability of creatures fulfilling their duty, the Soul Eaters exemplifying the inevitability of creatures moving on.

4) Neither are inevitables, they exist solely to fight each other. In this situation I suggest that the Soul Eaters are mercenaries.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Concerning the thread: IT'S BEEN MADE! IT IS DONE, nobody died on account of it, let bygones be bygones. It isn't a big enough issue to merit the bandwidth spent discussing it.

Concerning Crimson Angel: Is not letting him in even on the table here? He's a little annoying sure, but that can be fixed. In the meantime, he's a better artist than some people here (myself included), and he's not pushy or hostile, and he seems willing to take advice. And though his posts on this thread tend towrds pointlessness... well... we just spent a couple pages arguing over the right to name a thread. Complaining that CA's posts in the discussion threads are pointless is like living in a landfill and complaining about people littering.
    On the thread: Agreed. No more discussion on it.
    On CA: Art doesn't really make any difference. He isn't just annoying, he is whiny and inconsiderate. He won't post on any thread which Beans posted on (not counting this one)just because Beans offered constructive criticism!
    He does, at least, need to improve his grammar (and stop whining about not being included). And his comics should make more sense!
    Okay, I just opened a whole new can o' worms about MY comics, didn't I?
    /\My idea was that the soul 'eaters' are soul traders who sell the souls to the highest bidder. The Praesians, on the other hand, are inevitables who represent the inevitability of finishing important business: Everything which is started must be finished. Troubles must be resolved (only certain troubles, of course).
    Of course, they don't mind WHEN the business is completed. But tehy just want it completed. If the souls are harvested, then how can it be ended?
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-07 at 08:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, Mad Mask is ten? I find that hard to believe. Unless you are refering to a different MM.
    And why do you assume others are 11 to 12? I'm almost 15 myself.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    On the thread: Agreed. No more discussion on it.
    On CA: Art doesn't really make any difference. He isn't just annoying, he is whiny and inconsiderate. He won't post on any thread which Beans posted on (not counting this one)just because Beans offered constructive criticism!
    He does, at least, need to improve his grammar (and stop whining about not being included). And his comics should make more sense!
    Okay, I just opened a whole new can o' worms about MY comics, didn't I?
    That you did.

So far, all the whining I can remember is based around people not including him in their comics, which isn't all that unreasonable. It's not like he was asking to be the center of attention in said comics, he just wanted his character where said character was, according to his comics, supposed to be. There was no reason said character could/should not have been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    Wait, Mad Mask is ten? I find that hard to believe. Unless you are refering to a different MM.
    And why do you assume others are 11 to 12? I'm almost 15 myself.
    Check his profile and stuff.

He maintains that he's actually ten years old.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Banned

That you did.

So far, all the whining I can remember is based around people not including him in their comics, which isn't all that unreasonable. It's not like he was asking to be the center of attention in said comics, he just wanted his character where said character was, according to his comics, supposed to be. There was no reason said character could/should not have been there.
    Fair enough. The only other whining was on his comic.
    Szilard, it is true. Mad Mask is ten, as far as I know. I'll find a quote.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, I know I didn't work that hard on stuff when I was ten...

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

12. - Top - End - #72

When CA said he was 10, MM said "I'd never think I'd find a poster that's my age".

When I was ten, people were still laughing at the word "poo", I of course, was doing better things with my life. Maturity varies.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    I'm going to go away
    Do so.
    Also, it's pretty selfish that Lying would want us to hold off making teh next thread.
    If you'd noticed, we didn't hit page 50 until long after Lying said to hold off until.
    I mean, even if he hadn't said so he would've been ready.
    I know what I mean. Try to reorganise that so it makes sense.
    and he's not pushy or hostile, and he seems willing to take advice.
    Um, no, he doesn't. The Beans incident has already been mentioned.
    He's a little annoying sure, but that can be fixed. In the meantime, he's a better artist than some people here (myself included),
    Art is easier to improve than attitude.
    And though his posts on this thread tend towrds pointlessness... well... we just spent a couple pages arguing over the right to name a thread. Complaining that CA's posts in the discussion threads are pointless is like living in a landfill and complaining about people littering.
    Pointless is relative. The thread-making argument was pointless, but it did at least..flow, I guess is the word. It begun by itself and had momentum and was at least partially relevant to the progress of some part of ABR. Many of CA's posts are just there for the sake of being there. No point, no cohesion, no relevance.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Maturity varies extremely, on a couple forums I've been mistaken for someone closer to the_Q's age

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

I'm ten? Holy crap! I GET TO LIVE TWO MORE YEARS!!!!
    ____

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Do so.
    Drama rama
    [/spite]

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    When CA said he was 10, MM said "I'd never think I'd find a poster that's my age".

When I was ten, people were still laughing at the word "poo", I of course, was doing better things with my life. Maturity varies.
    But...CA isn't ten!
    EDIT: Thanks, NC. Your last point is especially valid. If I recall, one of CA's posts was something like, 'OMG I LIKE KITTIES'.
    And it was like that as in, it was completely pointless. Seriously, I don't think that banning someone is really allowed, but if it were then CA is a pretty good candidate.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-07 at 08:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground

you know when M R was here you didn't go on about him that much. Why do you guys find it nessicary to pass judgement on a kid who is younger than the bulk of the artists here. i KNOW that you guys don't like not being included in comics...I KNOW that he is less mature ( rightly so seeing is how he is younger ) But that is NO reason whatsoever to gripe and whine about him.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    you know when M R was here you didn't go on about him that much. Why do you guys find it nessicary to pass judgement on a kid who is younger than the bulk of the artists here. i KNOW that you guys don't like not being included in comics...I KNOW that he is less mature ( rightly so seeing is how he is younger ) But that is NO reason whatsoever to gripe and whine about him.
    MR didn't stick around and spam. He didn't whine when we gave him advice. I never thought I'd say this, but I prefer MR to CA.
    I...can't believe I said that.

20. - Top - End - #80

MR didn't stick around and spam. He didn't whine when we gave him advice. I never thought I'd say this, but I prefer MR to CA.
    He didn't take the advice. You are just forcing yourself to dislike him. Now lets get off this subject before the thread gets locked.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2009-01-07 at 09:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Banned

He didn't take the advice. You are just forcing yourself to dislike him. Now lets get off this subject before the thread gets locked.
    Look, he DID take it! He started using Inkscape, he made his images smaller, and he stopped saying he was immortal! He even kind of stopped god-modding!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Huh.

I was maybe thinking about finally joining ABR, but I think there's enough drama here already without me.

Guess I'll pass.

Just one thing to add to the discussion: maturity and age generally correspond, but that doesn't necessarily mean 12 year old = immature. I joined the boards four years ago, when I was 11. I probably wasn't the most mature eleven year old, but I like to think that I was pretty advanced for my age (wishful thinking? maybe ).

However, one thing that does bother me is when young people say "It's okay for me to have bad grammar/spelling. After all, I'm only [insert young age here]!" Your age is not an excuse for having bad grammar or spelling. Basic rules of English grammar? Not that hard to learn, especially when you're a native speaker. Maybe I didn't have flawless spelling or grammar as a twelve year old, but I think it was still pretty damn good.

It's actually okay to have bad grammar or spelling, but blaming it on your age is not. That's what gives younger people a bad rep.

Er...yeah. Dunno where I'm going with this, really.

Anyway, Sneak out.

[lurkmode]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post

I'm pretty sure he said "I never thought I'd meet a playgrounder approximately my age."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Master Ranger did use many furious faces and "yelled" in frustration when we commented on it.

I actually like CA. He just seems to misunderstand some things about ABR we seem to know as basic.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-01-07 at 09:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Look, he DID take it! He started using Inkscape, he made his images smaller, and he stopped saying he was immortal! He even kind of stopped god-modding!
    I honestly can't grasp your dislike of ca. Your acting like its such a big deal. It isn't.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Why do you guys find it nessicary to pass judgement on a kid who is younger than the bulk of the artists here. i KNOW that you guys don't like not being included in comics...I KNOW that he is less mature ( rightly so seeing is how he is younger ) But that is NO reason whatsoever to gripe and whine about him.
    If you're not mature enough to take part in something you should not be taking part in it. It's true that I don't like being left out of comics, but mine, at least, are coherent.
    My other avatars.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

Huh.

I was maybe thinking about finally joining ABR, but I think there's enough drama here already without me.

Guess I'll pass.

Just one thing to add to the discussion: maturity and age generally correspond, but that doesn't necessarily mean 12 year old = immature. I joined the boards four years ago, when I was 11. I probably wasn't the most mature eleven year old, but I like to think that I was pretty advanced for my age (wishful thinking? maybe ).

However, one thing that does bother me is when young people say "It's okay for me to have bad grammar/spelling. After all, I'm only [insert young age here]!" Your age is not an excuse for having bad grammar or spelling. Basic rules of English grammar? Not that hard to learn, especially when you're a native speaker. Maybe I didn't have flawless spelling or grammar as a twelve year old, but I think it was still pretty damn good.

It's actually okay to have bad grammar or spelling, but blaming it on your age is not. That's what gives younger people a bad rep.

Anyway, Sneak out.

[lurkmode]
    Great. We scared off a potential ABR-ian.
    And while I agree with most of what you say, just wanna say one thing: English isn't really that easy to learn for a non-native speaker, it had a lot of weird things.
    Just saying that for Keveak's sake.

28. - Top - End - #88

Huh.

Guess I'll pass.

Anyway, Sneak out.

[lurkmode]
    It's not usually this full of Drama. Just since Crimsonangel joined in.

I'd like to have the first person to post an ABR kill to join back, especially if you come back with your current style.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

And I'm 13 (by less than a month), MM is 10, and other people are 11-12. And yet, somehow, we manage to avoid being so obnoxious and immature.
    Really? Because just saying this seems a little immature.

Anyway, I claim to be 83, and yet I'm STILL immature!

*throws pie at grumpy kitty*
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh.

Guess I'll pass.
    This is more drama than is usual, believe me. I'd recommend giving it a couple of days to blow over, but I'd advise against leaving entirely.
    And while I agree with most of what you say, just wanna say one thing: English isn't really that easy to learn for a non-native speaker, it had a lot of weird things.
    Just saying that for Keveak's sake.
    Oh, of course. Note I retracted most of my criticism of Keveak when I learned of his location.
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2009-01-07 at 09:15 PM.
    My other avatars.
    Spoiler
    Show