New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132334873 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Who needs magic? He has SHARK REPELLANT BAT-SPRAY!
    Holy sardines!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Given preparation time, Batman will show up in a costume that has SR so high even Epic casters couldn't breach it. And even if you surprise him, he can dodge a couple of Disintegrates before moving out to prepare. Weird wouldn't work, Batman is immune to mind affecting spells.

That's always been something I've never fully understood. Rand only ever shows up to randomly kill stuff, or attempt to resurrect a race of killing machines. How is he in any way Lawful Good?
    Alignment is based of what you do not what you say and killing plus reviving anicient cataclysmic stuff sound more like evil than anything to me, so I'm confused too (it actually sound a-like Kewrath).
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Given preparation time, Batman will show up in a costume that has SR so high even Epic casters couldn't breach it. And even if you surprise him, he can dodge a couple of Disintegrates before moving out to prepare. Weird wouldn't work, Batman is immune to mind affecting spells.

That's always been something I've never fully understood. Rand only ever shows up to randomly kill stuff, or attempt to resurrect a race of killing machines. How is he in any way Lawful Good?
    1) Batman can afford anything. He can re-enact the titanic and remake the titanic perfectly out of solid gold, then make a floating iceberg made of a colossal diamond, just to see if he can
    Of course, you are assuming I give him appropriate preparation time. If I just teleport in then promptly send spells flying in all directions, he may not survive.
    2) Randomly kill stuff is what I do, and AIs are not crazy killing machines. Just I am.
    Killing stuff = Lawful tendency
    Protecting the multiverse from weakness and apathy = good tendency.
    Again, Lawful good does not mean lawful nice.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Of course, you are assuming I give him appropriate preparation time. If I just teleport in then promptly send spells flying in all directions, he may not survive.
    Well, sure. I've been saying all along that Batman wins with preparation.
    2) Randomly kill stuff is what I do, and AIs are not crazy killing machines. Just I am.
    Killing stuff = Lawful tendency
    Protecting the multiverse from weakness and apathy = good tendency.
    Again, Lawful good does not mean lawful nice.
    Randomness = Chaotic.
    Ending the lives of sentient beings = Evil unless you have a very good reason. And "they were annoying me" is not a good reason.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Good news is that I'm making good progess on the Q&A.

6. - Top - End - #666

Randomness = Chaotic.
    Ending the lives of sentient beings = Evil unless you have a very good reason. And "they were annoying me" is not a good reason.
    1) The point of being Random and/or Chaotic is that nobody sees it coming. If i'm Random, they will always expect me to be Chaotic. By being Lawful I catch them Flat-Footed.
    2) Well...they obviously deserved to die else they wouldnt be dead!

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Good news is that I'm making good progess on the Q&A.
    Curses! I have failed...

1) The point of being Random and/or Chaotic is that nobody sees it coming. If i'm Random, they will always expect me to be Chaotic. By being Lawful I catch them Flat-Footed.
    2) Well...they obviously deserved to die else they wouldnt be dead!
    So, you follow an internal code of conduct to avoid being predicable?

8. - Top - End - #668

So, you follow an internal code of conduct to avoid being predicable?
    Okay, so i'm reliable for killing stuff, but more or less, yeah.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

But from what I've seen, you are very predictable.
    You see meet someone, you kill them.
    You get annoyed by someone, you find them and kill them.
    You learn of the existence of someone you haven't met yet, you meet them and kill them.

Admittedly, this is fairly Lawful, in that you seem to be following the same set pattern each time, but it isn't very random, and your moniker suggests you would be more chaotic.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You learn of the existence of someone you haven't met yet, you meet them and kill them.

Admittedly, this is fairly Lawful, in that you seem to be following the same set pattern each time, but it isn't very random, and your moniker suggests you would be more chaotic.
    Actually, the Randomizer reacts to every sitation by picking a random response from a list with thousands of potential actions. It just so happens that every time he picked somthing at random from this list, "Kill them horribly" has come up. Sure it's unlikely, but the problem with randomness is you can never be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #671
    Banned

He only kills people really fast in Random Kills, which we know don't have much in the way of continuity. And his name isn't a title, isn't his real name, just differently spelled (it's 'Ran T'eh' or something, right?)to confuse the enemy. You expect someone called 'The Randomizer' to be, you know, Random. But he isn't really, everything he does, he does for a reason. Well, almost everything.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    piece3
    Spoiler
    Show

Tachikoma!

13. - Top - End - #673
    Pixie in the Playground

*thinks* hmm... Questions? What's a good question?

Ah! On what day of the week are on-plot comics most commonly posted?

Edit: Wow... that was two pages ago or so. Sorry... I'm sure I refreshed the page and read before posting... *shakes head*
    Last edited by ghillietoes42; 2009-03-22 at 11:20 PM.

"If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt."
    ~ Shakespeare, Two Gentlemen of Verona

14. - Top - End - #674
    Firbolg in the Playground

I really should do something ABR related, I haven't in a while...
    I really should work on the skornbail incident, I haven't in a while...
    I really should take a shower...

15. - Top - End - #675

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    I sure hope Nightwing gets to see that
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

@RAND: I LAWL'd so hard at that.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

frown Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

That's cruel Rand. I can't do anything to this without violating the god-mod rules (which I think you did by not giving me a chance to react and just making yourself over powerful and immune to everything) so I think I'll just drop out off the off-plot (this mean you can do whatever you will to my character like you already do) it ain't fun if you do like that...

Maybe I'll think about staying anyway...
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-03-23 at 09:24 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Just have it wear off. Or just ignore the comic and have it non-canon, or something. It is kind of God-modding.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Any more questions before I finish up?

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, what does your face now look like? You've been hiding it for over 1000 comics. (Obviously not all your comics...)
    And what's the black key all about?
    And if you're hanging with Igon, who's reaping souls?
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-03-23 at 09:23 AM.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Yes, what does your face now look like? You've been hiding it for over 1000 comics. (Obviously not all your comics...)
    And what's the black key all about?
    And if you're hanging with Igon, who's reaping souls?
    The last's answer is that he's omni-present.

And I think I'm gonna ignore the comic (I gave him a chance to fight back at least)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Bugbear in the Playground

Screen Stretchy:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'am famous! I'am famous! Hooraayy!!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Who needs magic? He has SHARK REPELLANT BAT-SPRAY!
    If only all Batman movies were like this. The Dark Knight could have been so much better..

also the Q&A comic was awesome.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    I'am famous! I'am famous! Hooraayy!!
    Ah, but can you find any of the refrences?

25. - Top - End - #685
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

And I almsost thought we were friends. Then I watched question and answer. I will be avenged.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

Screen Stretchy:
    Spoiler
    Show

Epic win. *hands million dollar check*
    ____

27. - Top - End - #687

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    That's cruel Rand. I can't do anything to this without violating the god-mod rules (which I think you did by not giving me a chance to react and just making yourself over powerful and immune to everything) so I think I'll just drop out off the off-plot (this mean you can do whatever you will to my character like you already do) it ain't fun if you do like that...

Maybe I'll think about staying anyway...
    Erm, have you ever seen the random comics from ABR I, II & III ? Yeah, that was basically a ****load of god-modding and no one complained. If someone kills you, you just come back and kill him. Simple, really.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Epic win. *hands million dollar check*
    Yay! *spends on cosplay*

29. - Top - End - #689
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Erm, have you ever seen the random comics from ABR I, II & III ? Yeah, that was basically a ****load of god-modding and no one complained. If someone kills you, you just come back and kill him. Simple, really.
    I can see his point, Bayar. In the Off-Plot, there's a bit of plot. Not enough for things to get confusing, but a bit. Of course, people are pretty different than normal (Rand seems to be Chaotic Neutral here).
    Kev, you could always say that you let him do that so you could catch him flat-footed. Please don't leave.
    Vamp, the druid isn't on the island.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    I can see his point, Bayar. In the Off-Plot, there's a bit of plot. Not enough for things to get confusing, but a bit. Of course, people are pretty different than normal (Rand seems to be Chaotic Neutral here).
    Kev, you could always say that you let him do that so you could catch him flat-footed. Please don't leave.
    Vamp, the druid isn't on the island.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghillietoes42 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sometimes I don't pay that much attention to the discussion thread (too much non-ABR-related spam), but was this declared non-canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters